Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 29, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh poor Chaika, she got captured :/

Good to see Toru come to her recuse though. It also looks like they discovered something else while they're there. I got a bad feeling about what's to happen soon though. All three Chaikas are also present in this episode. And LOL, based Akari.
Stark700Oct 29, 2014 11:41 AM
Oct 29, 2014 11:42 AM

Jan 2009
There is an army of Chaika ! hehehe !
Good episode overall !
Oct 29, 2014 11:46 AM

Aug 2014
It was a good episode imo. The next episode will be intense to say the least and we now (somewhat) know about the origins of the Chaika's. I'm curious to see where this goes :)
Oct 29, 2014 11:53 AM

Aug 2010
Good ep. Nothing unexpected but glad it's finally confirmed. Still wondering why they have a neck wound?

Pretty messed up to gather up lots of orphans of the same age and implant memories into them :O I wonder why Vivi was different?

Still wondering who Guy is though.

Loved Fredrica as usual XD This girl is just so chill no matter the situation lol

Nxt ep seems like lots of fun ^^ Dat Red Chaika ass in the PV Doe *A*
Oct 29, 2014 12:04 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That wise Kraken was really helpful with all those shocking information. So, if the Chaika(s) hold the key to a (chaotic) destiny, they just simply need to break it.

Wonder just how many Chaika(s) are out there, with the motive to collect the remains. I feel bad for all of them..
I'm starting to think that emperor Gaz was probably a douche.

Gaz Empire having flying fortresses way back then sounded intriguing. How did they have that kind of technology?

Good episode. I'm more interested about that girl in the capsule. What role would she play in the plot? O.o

Oct 29, 2014 12:13 PM

Apr 2014
Finally Chaika's true identity was revealed/officially confirmed)with only a purpose of being a tool recovering Emperor Gaz remains.
Well it wasn't a big surprise at all because It was been hinted already in the first Season (Coffin Princess).
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 29, 2014 12:14 PM

Aug 2012
Good episode, things are coming together nice and quick this season. Well, things are still not even half explained, there's still the info behind the scar and the process that Vivi underwent. But that's pretty damn sad, and they even alluded to that snowy scene we saw in the first season's OP, poor Chaika :/

Next episode looks to be a juggernaut of action and development. This season is obviously leagues ahead of the first in maintaining intensity with its pacing.
Oct 29, 2014 12:23 PM
Oct 2010
Damn, I was expecting them to be clones or something but they were abducted off the streets.. that's messed up.
Oct 29, 2014 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
Ok, so the Chaika's true identity have been reveled, wait wasn't it already hinted in season 1?
yeo
Oct 29, 2014 12:46 PM

Feb 2014
Wasn't expecting that... oh well, next episodes are going to be good, I feel it.
Oct 29, 2014 12:53 PM

Mar 2014
Good episode! Now we finally know the truth of the Chaika's past and where they came from. Although they still haven't explained why Gaz did that and what his plans were.
Oct 29, 2014 1:22 PM

Jul 2010
That was quite interesting! With The Fayla and the demi-humans.

The establishment of the institute of magic.

The Chaikas leading to a maelstrom of destruction and slaughter? :/

Emperor Gaz never having a daughter but just orphan girls that had their memories altered! The girl reacting to the presence of the two Chaikas!

Wonder how Chaika would react after founding out the truth!
Oct 29, 2014 1:34 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Chaika..a Nisemono is..Despair

It's been confirmed now. Chaika's are artifacts made by Arthur Gaz's cronies to recover his remains.

They really look to be in a lot of trouble. Luckily Frederica and Akari (I love her. She's hilarious) are still out there and can help out.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 29, 2014 2:07 PM

Nov 2011
Fredrica&Akari will save the day for sure! They should team up with the nekomimi soldiers ;)

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Oct 29, 2014 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
This somehow reminded me of Morrowind...

Oct 29, 2014 2:23 PM
Aug 2014
Looks like things are getting interesting. So if Chaikas were made after the war, then who was the so called daughter that the heroes beheaded?
Oct 29, 2014 2:37 PM

Sep 2012
CAPTURED AGAIN.
Okay so we now know that all Chaika's are basically fake but this leaves a lot of questions open.
Who was the "daughter" that the heroes beheaded?
Why the white hair and purple eyes?
Why was there a mark on Red's neck?
Oh god who are you people?
Oct 29, 2014 2:47 PM

Nov 2012
Sweet, This is getting quite interesting......
I wonder who that girl is........
Oct 29, 2014 3:17 PM

May 2013
Wow, abducted war orphans who had their memories altered and all. Well we finally got the truth. I wonder what exactly will happen though when all the remains are gathered. And who exactly is that other girl that has now "awakened" hmm...

Can't wait to see Akari and Frederica in action next week!
Oct 29, 2014 3:17 PM

Mar 2009
Really interesting episode of Chaika this week. Poor Chaika, and all the girls being manipulated like that. This season's really getting down to business, and wasting no time whatsoever. I guess that's how it is when there's only 10 episodes this season.

Also, dat Red Chaika backstory next week.
Oct 29, 2014 3:52 PM

May 2011
Well that explains why different Chaika's have different body-types. They aren't clones. They're magically modified orphan girls. The only characteristics are their eyes, hair, neck scar, and similar facial features. The rest of their bodies seem to retain the traits of the orphaned girls.

White Chaika slender and loli-ish.

Red Chaika short but stocky and bustier.

Layla was mature and voluptuous.

ViVi is a bit more like White Chaika and is slender but seems a tad taller.
Oct 29, 2014 5:00 PM

Jan 2011
Collecting orphan girls and turning them into Chaika..not really surprising anymore, but still nice to see it officially confirmed.

About the neck scar: The heroes saw Chaika killed, probably beheaded. Thats why the Chaika got a scar around their necks. Whe even saw the scar suddenly appear (still first season i think?). They are somehow all connected.

Destiny is either that girl that awoke, or something she's gonna do. The remains are either needed for their sheer magic power, or because they were part of the emperor. Like the Chaikas, they might contribute memories, emotions etc. Or he placed magical spells in them that still remain, and will activate.

Still, so many Chaikas..probably fail safe, to allow for some Chaikas to die, to stop searching for the remnants etc.

The question why Vivi turned to Chaika *now* remains. Both the fact itself and that she remains Vivi is explainable by what was told, as she is an orphan and was interrupted in the process of turning to Chaika.

But why now? All the other Chaikas are already Chaika quite long. Unless they are all set to turn to Chaika at different times, and Vivi is simply the first we saw before she turned to Chaika. Alternatively, there could be a specific trigger. Seeing or hearing something, or some emotion.

And Frederica..of course she's fine, we know she can't die from ordinary wounds etc., but why did she even fall in the first place? She didn't exactly have trouble using her wings there. Was she simply too surprised, or is there a "cooldown" before she call them out again?

Also, isnt this the first time she did a partial transformation? Wonder if she can transform any part of her body at will, or if the wings are special.
Oct 29, 2014 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to learn the truth about where all those Chaikas come from.

So, Emperor Gaz never having a daughter.
Oct 29, 2014 5:25 PM

Feb 2013
Shocking Truth!
Oct 29, 2014 5:57 PM

Dec 2013
Tooru's so weak
Oct 29, 2014 6:42 PM

Aug 2013
Finally revealed the secret of Chaikas? Many details have been played in the last chapters were, already ask myself who will be the final villain of the story
Akari appeared little in this episode ..
Oct 29, 2014 6:47 PM
Nov 2013
That plot. The secret of the Chaika's is slowly unraveling. Everything is coming together and I like it, I wish more series that had 10 episodes didnt spend so much time fucking around. Next episode will be amazing!
Oct 29, 2014 8:49 PM

Oct 2013
White Chaika is pure, so adorable
Red Chaika is hot cuz her color, and nice body, i bet she ll look better in 5 or more years of future
Frederica is Frederica, meaning AWSOMENESS
i liked Akari joke, it remind Toruu being Ayumu from Kore wa Zombie desuka? they are voiced by same seiyuu, and always being insulted by girls, especially a ponytail girl Seraphim
Oct 29, 2014 9:04 PM

Sep 2014
Playing a flashback of the kraken talking from the same episode is a no-no.

winced at Chaika "Vivi" Gaz asking "Why did Emperor Gaz leave all that shit behind?" (paraphrazing off the top of my head), what a useless rhetoric
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Oct 29, 2014 10:02 PM

May 2013
Oh dem plot twist. So basically, they are all fake and no one is the real daughter but I guess more questions and answers will be revealed next time.

But the preview, White and Red will have a truce.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 29, 2014 10:04 PM

Jun 2014
I LOVE THIS SHOW
the story is so interesting!
This is the one show this season I absolutely HATE having to wait for next week.
I sense a cool side story with the Demi-humans. Or a sad end...
OH IM SO EXCITED FOR THE REST OF THIS SHOW
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 29, 2014 11:28 PM

Jun 2013
HOLY CHAIKA!!

Finally revelations. wow thats some dark deep backstory. NEED MOAR CHAIKA
Oct 29, 2014 11:30 PM

Feb 2010
I just love how this show flows... I think the pacing has always been well done imo
I'm excited to hear more explanation about the Chaikas next episode
Still lamenting that it's only 10 episodes long, but at least I don't feel like it's rushed
Oct 29, 2014 11:35 PM

Mar 2014
gedata said:
Shocking Truth!

^this xD

The plot thickens!
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 30, 2014 12:05 AM

Feb 2012
So the Chaikas are brainwashed orphan girls. Still doesn't explain how/when they are trained differently.
White uses gundo
red uses snake sword
Vivi uses throwing needles
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2014 1:05 AM

Jul 2013
Part of the mysteries has finally been revealed yet all it does was raised more questions. Even the old guy didn't seem to know what he was really doing and there's still Guy and the last hero.

God damn, I'm starting to think that Gaz emperor made so many Chaikas so they can ultimately combine into a giant Chaika powered by his remains.
Oct 30, 2014 2:20 AM

Jan 2011
kickmesign said:
So the Chaikas are brainwashed orphan girls. Still doesn't explain how/when they are trained differently.
White uses gundo
red uses snake sword
Vivi uses throwing needles

They couldn't know what would be the most effective type of Chaika to collect the remains, so they make a variety of different types and send them out. They don't care about the ones that fail or are killed, just as long as enough are successful to recover the remains and return them. White Chaika is actually one of the most successful since she has most of the remains while Red Chaika has one. Since only one remains to be collected, and it belongs to the hero who has two Chaikas as adopted daughters we've still got some plot threads to tie up. Based on the flashback scenes there were at least 15-20 Chaikas that were created (unless some died during the procedure).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 30, 2014 3:08 AM

Apr 2012
interesting revelations in this episode

pretty good episode all around

Oct 30, 2014 3:28 AM

Apr 2011
Shocking Truth!

So they're all just street children...those poor girls. Messed up indeed.

Who is the girl who the heroes beheaded?
Oct 30, 2014 6:49 AM
Jan 2012
After a huge amount of hinting and subtle explaining, the party gets a solid explanation that's probably accurate. And it only took like 17 episodes. I don't see this story coming to an end in just 6 more episodes. I'm already calling season 3.
Oct 30, 2014 8:33 AM

Nov 2013
Cirris said:
White Chaika slender and loli-ish.

Red Chaika short but stocky and bustier.

Layla was mature and voluptuous.

ViVi is a bit more like White Chaika and is slender but seems a tad taller.

I like the ass on the red Chaika.

But yeah, interesting episode. A huge revelation, and that flashback... there were a lot of Chaikas, I only thought there would be like 6-8, but there could be much more because of abundance of orphans. I wonder what will the Chaikas do now. If they will become allies and change their purpose.
Oct 30, 2014 8:34 AM

Oct 2014
Botchy art that made me laugh for a split second at 9:01 (I don't know how to screenshot it)

We got some information about Chaika's although it's pretty obvious, How would Gaz have a child. Ooooo Chaika's are tools for some super evil meticulous plan that would rule the world. Want next episode, it's getting fun
My life is boring cause I'm boring
If you're not at school what can you do, you stare at a screen of bright pixels
Oct 30, 2014 9:31 AM

Feb 2013
shit is going down.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 30, 2014 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder how are they going to end the story in just six episodes...I am afraid that it will be way too rushed.
Oct 30, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2012
shirozuki said:
shit is going down.
Oct 30, 2014 12:31 PM

Mar 2014
Really interesting episode. I wonder, if there was no daughter, who was beheaded by the knights?
Oct 30, 2014 12:52 PM

Jun 2013
So they are not clones like I thought...
Good one!
Oct 30, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2014
I don't think our female protagonist Chaika is paying enough money for the babysitting troubles she brings our other two main characters into :-)
Oct 30, 2014 7:40 PM

May 2013
Layla was right. Chaika will feel despair upon hearing the truth. I pity all the Chaika's now. Abducted and had their memories altered is just cruel. I hope they beat the crap out of Izhmash. Akari and Fredrica should come soon and save them.
Oct 30, 2014 7:48 PM

Jun 2014
death flag for white chaika
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2014

302 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

70 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2014

95 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

80 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2014

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.