Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 5, 2014 12:36 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was pretty good. Wasn't surprising Anna is Mikoto's sucessor as the new Red King. Yashiro was shown again and plot deepens with the involvement of the Green King. Too bad it ended on a cliff hanger. I hope there is a second season. Oh, the recap was a bit too long though, at 40 mins. Kinda disappointed.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jul 5, 2014 6:06 AM

Jul 2009
I would argue that there was no cliffhanger at all. This movie kept building up to a climax that fizzled away, solely for the purpose of introducing Jungle, the Green clan.

Recap was about one-third of the film. It was a useless recap too because it didn't talk about the backstory of Weismann, which is essential to understanding the ending of the film.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jul 5, 2014 6:50 AM

Aug 2012
Does the movie censored in your country? Because my country censored a lot of things.
Jul 5, 2014 7:29 AM

Oct 2012
arsonal said:
I would argue that there was no cliffhanger at all. This movie kept building up to a climax that fizzled away, solely for the purpose of introducing Jungle, the Green clan.

Recap was about one-third of the film. It was a useless recap too because it didn't talk about the backstory of Weismann, which is essential to understanding the ending of the film.

Well it was a cliff hanger cos no one knew who the Green King was ultimately(I forgot his name so I can't add it to the db) and what their plans are, as well as the ever elusive Purple King.

I do agree the recap was pointless though...but I really want another season to finish the story by telling us the Green King's motive, as well as to fully introduce the Purple King. There is certainly much to tell I'm sure.

@masamilow: Nope from what I see nothing was censored as far as I can tell ._.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jul 5, 2014 7:40 AM

May 2008
I'm not sure if the one I watched was censor. But on parts Neko was naked, they show mostly the top part of her body.

And the Green Clan's King's name is Hisui Nagare.
Jul 5, 2014 7:54 AM

Aug 2012
What i mean is there a light in neko or during kukuri seating?
Jul 5, 2014 7:56 AM

Oct 2008
Quite good, I think. Never thought
, but I guess that should be expected.

And yeah, those recap parts was a bit unnecessary, but it summarize mostly everything important (with Kuro monologue), so I guess not a big issue.

I like the new Kuro hairstyle. :) And the ending is a bit open, so I guess next movie (or TV series?) is going underway.

9/10.

masamilow said:
Does the movie censored in your country? Because my country censored a lot of things.

Yeah, I guess it depends on country regulation. Damn, I hated those censored things.
Jul 5, 2014 8:03 AM

Oct 2012
Lina91 said:
I'm not sure if the one I watched was censor. But on parts Neko was naked, they show mostly the top part of her body.

And the Green Clan's King's name is Hisui Nagare.

Ah thanks a lot. Was wondering what his name was.

EDIT: I forgot you can find his name on the official website -_-

@masamilow IIRC there wasn't any light of such tbh. Maybe a little bit at the part where Neko was stark naked in the beginning during the recap but as for neko/kukuri sitting down was there any light, not that I could think of. I mean who focus on that when the story was so good?
JiharoJul 5, 2014 8:11 AM
Jul 5, 2014 10:27 AM
Jul 2014
Well, the one I watched did show a good part of Seri's upper thighs and Neko's panties in full glory, but that's not the main thing.

Anyone else feels that Munakata is not going to survive the series?

At the very end of the movie, his Sword of Damocles begins to crack, and he states something like "bearing the burden of killing a king".

When a King's sword starts to crack it's not a good sign, as seen with Mikoto's case.

What do you all think? ( I pray they don't kill him off as well T.T)
Jul 5, 2014 11:11 PM
Mar 2012
Admittedly, I really loved the smooth animations in the movie. Actions were great but the plot was lacking. Best part I think was when Anna was having a dream about interacting with the deceased HOMRA members like Mikoto and wakes up to be the new Red King. I also noticed the quality of the fanservice also rising.
Jul 6, 2014 12:51 AM

Dec 2008
The recap is too long and I'm not fully satisfied with the ending of this movie. Hope there will be a new TV series or movie soon.

As for the graphics, the animation is awesome and I enjoy the fighting scenes although there were too much censorship in my country with the bright and shining light which makes it kinda funny too XD
Jul 6, 2014 2:07 AM

Jan 2011
Watched it at Anime Expo, the world premiere... it was wonderful!!! <3 Anyone else?

Personally, I needed the recap XD I forgot how the series went. I'm kinda sad about not seeing Shiro til the end. But omgggg to Fushimi and Yata scenes and all those wonderful lines delivered by MiyanooooOOoO!!!!!!!!! <3 <3

Jul 6, 2014 2:41 AM

Jul 2009
I believe the censoring only exists in the Malaysian screening. Odex (the Southeast Asia licensor) probably had to censor the panty and cleavage shots in order to comply with Malaysia's film board. Plus it's the middle of Ramadan, which would make the conservative government even more sensitive to blatant displays of fan service.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jul 7, 2014 10:14 AM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned.
Please do not ask where to watch anime online.
Jul 8, 2014 8:38 PM
Oct 2012
From the above comments, the movie sounds pretty good. I'm going to see it in theaters around the 20th... can't wait!!!!!
Jul 14, 2014 10:46 AM

Aug 2012
laketica said:
Watched it at Anime Expo, the world premiere... it was wonderful!!! <3 Anyone else?

Personally, I needed the recap XD I forgot how the series went. I'm kinda sad about not seeing Shiro til the end. But omgggg to Fushimi and Yata scenes and all those wonderful lines delivered by MiyanooooOOoO!!!!!!!!! <3 <3

omg, i watched it at anime expo too! stood in line for 2 or so hours...
Jul 14, 2014 9:05 PM
Jul 18, 2014 6:07 PM

Dec 2011
Finished watching K about 20 minutes before missing kings started. Only heard about it and picked it up because i had seen that Missing Kings would be airing about 5 minutes from my house :P

Overall I really enjoyed it. Not a whole heck of a lot happened besides introduction of green and the new red king though. Animation for the fights was superb. Neko is the best thing ever. I'm looking forward to more.

Also i got a thing!
http://i.imgur.com/7mGQDKS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HFDsGN8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LWteaIe.jpg
Jul 18, 2014 10:35 PM
Oct 2012
Kidkidd said:
Finished watching K about 20 minutes before missing kings started. Only heard about it and picked it up because i had seen that Missing Kings would be airing about 5 minutes from my house :P

Overall I really enjoyed it. Not a whole heck of a lot happened besides introduction of green and the new red king though. Animation for the fights was superb. Neko is the best thing ever. I'm looking forward to more.

Also i got a thing!
http://i.imgur.com/7mGQDKS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HFDsGN8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LWteaIe.jpg

Aww, is that seriously the movie program?? Just a cover and a back and then one page of char info???? LAMEEEE
Jul 20, 2014 3:38 AM

Jul 2008
A pretty good movie, it's a shame not a lot of people appreciate it even though they were watching it in the cinema.
Jul 20, 2014 11:58 AM
Oct 2012
So, just finished watching the movie. Honestly I don't know why people are saying there was a recap. Although there were some flashbacks/references to specific events in the TV series it was mostly interspersed throughout the movie and didn't really last more than 5 min. Everything else was new, we got to see the lives of the chars one year after the end of the TV series and how they're coping with change. I was interested to see that a new king had appeared, wonder when the last king will show up. Anna became the new red king which wasn't too surprising, and shiro was alive of course which wasn't surprising either. The art and animation were top tier as usual, fluid fight scenes and solid music. The plot as with the original K was kind of lacking in that there wasn't really an overarching sense of direction. Also that movie was too short, only 70 min?? While I would argue there was no cliffhanger in the literal meaning of the word per se, there were some unresolved plot lines that could work for a second season. Although I'm not expecting a second season, I wouldn't be surprised if there is one announced down the road. I guess the box office sales and BD sales will be an indicator of that.
Jul 22, 2014 3:06 AM

Aug 2009
Can someone PLEASE explain the ending after the credits because that was the most confusing part for me....

Munakata said something like "Killing the king somethingsomething" "What a task"
SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!

What does that mean?! Q _ Q
Is he going to kill Anna? He Munakata going to get killed/his time is up ; - ;?? Will they try to kill the green King?!?!

someone please T ^ T
Aug 15, 2014 12:25 AM

Oct 2012
Watashi20 said:
So, just finished watching the movie. Honestly I don't know why people are saying there was a recap. Although there were some flashbacks/references to specific events in the TV series it was mostly interspersed throughout the movie and didn't really last more than 5 min. Everything else was new....

You must be new. I don't know do you ever pay much attention when watching anime or even know what a recap is but the first 40 odd mins were recap(yes, I timed it). It's too long to be considered a flashback. It was just recap prolly to refresh people what happened in the first season.

Lulexiaa said:
Can someone PLEASE explain the ending after the credits because that was the most confusing part for me....

Munakata said something like "Killing the king somethingsomething" "What a task"
SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!

Is he going to kill Anna? He Munakata going to get killed/his time is up ; - ;?? Will they try to kill the green King?!?!

someone please T ^ T

The thing is, not much about the Green King is known or his motives. His real self isn't even shown and we still have one last King who is still behind the shadow. Unless we get the introduction of all the seven Kings as well as the back story of Weissman, there is not much to say about the ending which is why I HOPE for a second season to wrap things up.
Aug 15, 2014 7:29 AM

Nov 2012
Just watched this movie at AFAID today! Glad to be one of the few first who watched this movie. As we couldn't find this movie anywhere right now.
Anyway it's a great sequel. Looking forward for the next season.
Aug 15, 2014 4:20 PM

Jan 2014
Most of the plot is predictable, called it Anna was the red king miles away. The only plot twist is the ninja's gender, that caught me off guard lol. Have to say the visuals blow me once again, sasuga GoHands.

Oh and the after credits, Munakata talks about the burden of slaying a king, and we got to see a few of the domacle sword chipped off. Death flag much?

modsoulz said:
Just watched this movie at AFAID today! Glad to be one of the few first who watched this movie. As we couldn't find this movie anywhere right now.

Same here lol, the girls fangasm too much though.... especially during the recap where munakata kill mikoto, and during Yukari's intro... and during Yukari fight with Kuro... and during the countless moments where there's yaoi fanservice (LOL'd at neko cockblock of Kuro and Yato and Munakata keep saying that's a ninja)
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Aug 15, 2014 8:33 PM
Oct 2012
Jiharo said:
Watashi20 said:
So, just finished watching the movie. Honestly I don't know why people are saying there was a recap. Although there were some flashbacks/references to specific events in the TV series it was mostly interspersed throughout the movie and didn't really last more than 5 min. Everything else was new....

You must be new. I don't know do you ever pay much attention when watching anime or even know what a recap is but the first 40 odd mins were recap(yes, I timed it). It's too long to be considered a flashback. It was just recap prolly to refresh people what happened in the first season.

Well I didn't notice any extended flashbacks to the series where they just reused footage from K. If you want to say there was a lack of new information and that they mostly just focused on things from the first K, then I'll agree there. However, I still won't classify that as a recap in the exact sense of the word. There was new animation throughout the movie and when they talked about past events they were able to blend it in the movie to give it a renewed feeling; what I mean by that is yes they talk about events from K but they showed more to it like the feelings of the characters as they reflected on those events and even some real consequences (Kamamoto losing weight after Mikoto's death, crack in Munakata's sword of Damocles because of Mikoto's death, pretty much all of HOMRA reflecting on his death, Kuroh and Neko looking for Shiro because he went missing, etc.) They all referenced past events but were executed well in that, for me at least, it didn't feel like a complete recap but comparison between past and present events.
Aug 16, 2014 7:32 PM

Aug 2014
Watashi20 said:
Jiharo said:

Well I didn't notice any extended flashbacks to the series where they just reused footage from K. If you want to say there was a lack of new information and that they mostly just focused on things from the first K, then I'll agree there. However, I still won't classify that as a recap in the exact sense of the word. There was new animation throughout the movie and when they talked about past events they were able to blend it in the movie to give it a renewed feeling; what I mean by that is yes they talk about events from K but they showed more to it like the feelings of the characters as they reflected on those events and even some real consequences (Kamamoto losing weight after Mikoto's death, crack in Munakata's sword of Damocles because of Mikoto's death, pretty much all of HOMRA reflecting on his death, Kuroh and Neko looking for Shiro because he went missing, etc.) They all referenced past events but were executed well in that, for me at least, it didn't feel like a complete recap but comparison between past and present events.

Wait, you did say about it only last for 70mins,
then,
are you sure you see the first 40mins of flashback from season 2 with Kuro perspective?
Because... for real, they cramp a lot of it. Like how Shiro and Kuro meet, how HOMRA chasing Shiro, how Shiro ask Neko to give him back his memories, how Kuro fight Reishi, how Munakata get killed... and more and more... going nuts for 40mins seeing all of those recap with some added dialog from Kuro as narator...

It's around 45mins or so after the movie start before I actually see Kuro in his new hairstyle...
Aug 18, 2014 10:30 PM

Nov 2007
I was finally able to watch it on local theater. I regretted watching it on the theater after watching it, though, for the reason I'm going to mention later.

It was an interesting story and got excited to watch it even during recap section (wasn't even expecting to hear Tatara's song again). lol @ Nakamura-san's character becoming ikemen by losing weight. There's also some little story between the new character with the visual and Kuro. I was kind of shocked about Shiro though Ii guessed that he got dissolved and somehow revived somehow). It's amazing to see that the enemies of TV series help each other out in the movie.

Not sure when the announcement to the sequel, though, because the story is definitely not done.

Lulexiaa said:

SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!

someone please T ^ T

That is one of the sign that indicating the story is not done. He's just saying he's prepared for the consequence (his sword starting to crack) of him killing the red king in TV series (Suou). As for what kind of consequence, the staff needs to make the sequel for us to find out.

Ruise said:
are you sure you see the first 40mins of flashback from season 2 with Kuro perspective?

Did you mean season 1 and not season 2?
tsubasaloverAug 19, 2014 7:32 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 20, 2014 12:45 PM

Nov 2012
Wind_God_Girl said:
Most of the plot is predictable, called it Anna was the red king miles away. The only plot twist is the ninja's gender, that caught me off guard lol. Have to say the visuals blow me once again, sasuga GoHands.

Oh and the after credits, Munakata talks about the burden of slaying a king, and we got to see a few of the domacle sword chipped off. Death flag much?

modsoulz said:

Same here lol, the girls fangasm too much though.... especially during the recap where munakata kill mikoto, and during Yukari's intro... and during Yukari fight with Kuro... and during the countless moments where there's yaoi fanservice (LOL'd at neko cockblock of Kuro and Yato and Munakata keep saying that's a ninja)

Aaa... Can't take it longer when they scream! LOL. Laughed my head off. And those comedy parts are priceless, hahaha. If only this anime is a serious anime, I must have not enjoyed the anime because personally I prefer watching anime in silence. But overall, it was so much fun!
Sep 7, 2014 8:32 AM

Sep 2013
Where can I watch the movie sub? I can't find it anywhere.
Spending more time thinking about the fictional world than reality.
Sep 7, 2014 8:52 AM

Jan 2014
It's not out yet. The ones here watch the screening.
Sep 7, 2014 3:00 PM

Sep 2013
Wind_God_Girl said:

Thanks. I thought it might not be out yet. Is there any dates for the sub listed yet?
Spending more time thinking about the fictional world than reality.
Sep 11, 2014 4:52 AM

Sep 2011
[quote=modsoulz]
Wind_God_Girl said:

Lol i already figured out the ninja was a girl halfway in. No guys in animes will have asses like that(most are flat)

Too bad about the 40minute recap, i was so bummed when it was starting and it took sooooo long to finish the recap. Almost half out of 100mins of the movie gone. :( shiro was only in the last part T_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2014 4:55 AM

Sep 2011
Watashi20 said:
So, just finished watching the movie. Honestly I don't know why people are saying there was a recap. Although there were some flashbacks/references to specific events in the TV series it was mostly interspersed throughout the movie and didn't really last more than 5 min. Everything else was new, we got to see the lives of the chars one year after the end of the TV series and how they're coping with change. I was interested to see that a new king had appeared, wonder when the last king will show up. Anna became the new red king which wasn't too surprising, and shiro was alive of course which wasn't surprising either. The art and animation were top tier as usual, fluid fight scenes and solid music. The plot as with the original K was kind of lacking in that there wasn't really an overarching sense of direction. Also that movie was too short, only 70 min?? While I would argue there was no cliffhanger in the literal meaning of the word per se, there were some unresolved plot lines that could work for a second season. Although I'm not expecting a second season, I wouldn't be surprised if there is one announced down the road. I guess the box office sales and BD sales will be an indicator of that.

It just showed in my local cinema.
Lol the whole front 40 minutes was a recap. They literally showed most of the animation scenes from the k project anime, albeit there were some changes, but only mostly camera changes, still the same scenes. It was boring as shit snce it was just retelling every thing only from kuro's narative and bummer it was so long. The whole movie was 100mins+ though, not 70mins.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2014 4:39 AM
Nov 2012
Trying not to read comments, but where did you find the movie? Cant find any sites that have it yet...
Sep 24, 2014 10:00 AM

Nov 2009
Anyori said:
Trying not to read comments, but where did you find the movie? Cant find any sites that have it yet...

People here watched it in theaters/screening. I'm pretty sure it'll take a while before it is available online.
Oct 8, 2014 1:11 AM

Jan 2014
Starlet79 said:
Wind_God_Girl said:

Thanks. I thought it might not be out yet. Is there any dates for the sub listed yet?

I think it'll be December when the DVD got released.
Oct 20, 2014 8:38 PM

Aug 2014
tsubasalover said:

Ruise said:

Did you mean season 1 and not season 2?

Welp, sorry my bad.
Yes, I mean season 1.
Apr 26, 2015 2:36 AM

Sep 2011
Enjoyed it more than S1 to be honest. The eyecandy animation was pretty much like S1 but much better due to it being a movie. I was kinda sad we only got to see shiro for a few minutes near the end there, but I guess that's to be expected due to the new season coming up. Lots of action and was overall a good watch. 8/10.
Apr 26, 2015 5:09 AM

Jul 2012
Man, would I be pissed if they would not have already announced a sequel. I wonder why Kuroh and Neko never bothered to talk to the golden king or to the other kings besides the blue one and ask them for help. I think they did that in the S1 as well, if I remember correctly, so why not now? He probably would have lied to them anyway, I guess. I never enjoyed K for its script more of its different character types,art and soundtrack. I quite enjoyed this movie, but I wish they would stop introducing character after character and focus on the already existing ones, there are way too many already.
הלב שלי כבר מת
Apr 26, 2015 7:52 AM

Nov 2014
Such a cliff hanger at the end. A little mad that Anna became the red king
Apr 26, 2015 8:41 AM

Dec 2014
Just finished watching it... really good in my opinion. I really loved everything about it, especially the soundtracks and art quality. The fight scenes were also pretty good, and it was great to see character from the first season too.

I also liked the setup for the coming season. Really looking forward to it.
Apr 26, 2015 8:59 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yuuup, it was better than the S1. Now i'm hyped af for the second season !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 26, 2015 10:49 AM

Sep 2012
When I watched it it was only 70 minutes long, no recap.

The animation was superb, and overall it was a much better experience than the first season. Now I'm seriously considering watching the second season.
Apr 26, 2015 11:33 AM

Aug 2014
I love the soundtrack and the animation it was so awesome !!!!!<3 To bad shiro had so few lines.
Now I'm looking even more forward for the second season!
Apr 26, 2015 11:34 AM

Nov 2009
So the Gold King is dead... which means there probably be another Gold King chosen eventually. And Munakata's sword is crumbling... but the after credits scene, with Seri and Fushimi following him unconditionally, was still inspiring.

Now to wait for the soundtrack... and for the second season.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 26, 2015 11:52 AM
Feb 2008

The movie was pretty good. I enjoyed it. The soundtrack was nice as well.
Apr 26, 2015 12:23 PM

Nov 2014
Look at that animation.
Apr 26, 2015 12:44 PM

Dec 2013
Royal said:

What a beautiful scene, go Anna ! :)
Really, the level of animation is high ! Great movie !
Ramiel00Apr 26, 2015 1:42 PM
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Apr 26, 2015 3:02 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man this was such a great movie

To be more frank, everything ranging from the OST, art and the animation (Dem backgrounds) were nothing short of perfection....The budget for this film must have been through the roof and man oh man did they not disappoint in this department....Visual orgasm is what this is.

In regards to the story, I think that they did a nice job introducing the Green King and his clan as well as his clansman whom is the senpai of Black Dog as well as his senior in the colourless kings' clan which I thought to be pretty interesting and cool. The altering reality special ability that they have is cool and I like the fact that the Black Dog's senpai never lost...That just makes him that much more of a badass and a general threat.

The star of the film and imo the best moments of the film belonged to Anna.....Her becoming the new Red King caught me by surprise and boy was I happy for her....The animation during that scene was AMAZING and that convo that she had with the former Red King and the other guy that died before he did was so sweet :''D Seeing their clan's revival was really great to see. The blue clan's role in the film was pretty secondary for the most part but I liked the part that they played in it, especially at the end (Sucks that the leader's Damocles is starting to shatter TwT)

Overall it was a pretty enjoyable film that tied up some of the plot points and lingering questions that we had at the end of S1 and now that we know there is a S2, this film really set it up quite nicely and added a lot much needed hype for it and I cannot wait until it airs later this year :DD

P.S. That final scene with Shiro and the Gold King was really nice and I'm eagerly awaiting his return

8/10 for me
TokoyaApr 26, 2015 7:31 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it true that K will have a 3rd season later this year? :O

Arco_Iris - Mar 29, 2016

9 by AyemRivaille »»
Sep 20, 2022 6:12 AM

» Is this movie better than the tv series?

TragicRomance - Apr 27, 2015

9 by Mata1ch1 »»
Oct 25, 2015 1:38 PM

» Name of song

Serapheles - Jun 11, 2015

3 by Paulo27 »»
Jun 25, 2015 6:55 PM

» DVD release

removed-user - Oct 6, 2014

8 by CloudStrifeACC »»
Apr 24, 2015 8:12 PM

» K:Missing kings

Notbleedz - Dec 8, 2014

4 by deg »»
Dec 10, 2014 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.