3It was OK
4.1%
2Disliked it
1.5%
1Hated it
0.5%
Average 4.7
195 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 16, 2013 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yes Takaooooooo.

Lol, she's still there. Well not in the best shape I guess but I'm glad she still exists. Dat tsundere cruiser. I kinda liked Gunzou's determination this episode as well, gotta get the job done! The enemy fog ships are pretty intense. 400 and 402 sometimes confuses me between the duo...

This is definitely going to end with an anime original episode, looking forward to finale! Oh and I feel sorry for Kongou ;.;
Dec 16, 2013 1:01 PM

Aug 2010
Dat epic wipe out at the start was so awesome!! Mowed them down epically!!

Nice to see Takao again \(^o^)/...She's as lively and tsundere as usual :D

Gunzou deciding to face the 2 sisters head on like a boss was awesome. Poor Iona. How those 2 died without showing any emotions to be mentioned is pretty creepy.

The end though O_O! Dat Kongou flagship O_O...Did fusing with Maya make that hugeass thing?? Well they're pretty damn screwed right now. A pretty good climax for the finale imo so can't wait for the final battle and definitely wouldn't mind a 2nd season seeing as how they have no idea what the American fog fleet is like? :D
Dec 16, 2013 1:08 PM

Mar 2012
Huh Takao is alive i suspect as much her physical body is gone but her core is still intact so her consciousness is still intact, although i was worried because this is going an anime route i didnt know what to expect

Yeah that new ship of there's is pretty powerful, 22 Nagara Class cruisers and all of them sunk with one graviton cannon shot.

Looks like those 2 subs got what they deserved although i do feel kind of bad for them expecially with iona and how she felt about sinking them.

Indiana, Iowa, Virginia, Delaware and Lexington class fog ships Wow are we actually going to see American class fog ships this is a first we havent even seen them in the manga yet and what about mental models?

Oh my Kongou i Knew she most likely going to lose it but damn a freaking Death Star this anime series is full of surprises

You know that i think about ith 1 ep left there is no way they are going to reach america in time first of all they got kongou to fight second they just left Japanese waters and need to reach Hawaii to supply ad than go to San Diago and the fact they just threw in American class fog ships who's to say if they have mental models or not or new characters to be introduced there is just no way this series is going wrap up all of this in 1 ep even if it is going an an anime original route it needs more episodes what do u guys think about this ?
Dec 16, 2013 1:08 PM
Feb 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Dat epic wipe out at the start was so awesome!! Mowed them down epically!!

Nice to see Takao again (^o^)/...She's as lively and tsundere as usual :D

Gunzou deciding to face the 2 sisters head on like a boss was awesome. Poor Iona. How those 2 died without showing any emotions to be mentioned is pretty creepy.

The end though O_O! Dat Kongou flagship O_O...Did fusing with Maya make that hugeass thing?? Well they're pretty damn screwed right now. A pretty good climax for the finale imo so can't wait for the final battle and definitely wouldn't mind a 2nd season seeing as how they have no idea what the American fog fleet is like? :D

Well, there you go. While lacking in detail too, at least one gets some snibbits of new intel: a giant wipe-out at the start (though we don't know who did what to whom), and, more specifically, a declaration that Kongou fused with maya.

-ShadowClaw- said:
Huh Takao is alive i suspect as much her physical body is gone but her core is still intact so her consciousness is still intact, although i was worried because this is going an anime route i didnt know what to expect

Yeah that new ship of there's is pretty powerful, 22 Nagara Class cruisers and all of them sunk with one graviton cannon shot.

Looks like those 2 subs got what they deserved although i do feel kind of bad for them expecially with iona and how she felt about sinking them.

Indiana, Iowa, Virginia, Delaware and Lexington class fog ships Wow are we actually going to see American class fog ships this is a first we havent even seen them in the manga yet and what about mental models?

Oh my Kongou i Knew she most likely going to lose it but damn a freaking Death Star this anime series is full of surprises

You know that i think about ith 1 ep left there is no way they are goiing to reach america in time first of all they got kongou to fight second they just left japanese waters and need to reach Hawaii to supply ad than go to san diago and the fact they just threw inamerican class fog ships who's to say if they have mental models or not or new characters to be introduced there is just no way this series is going wrap up all of this in 1 ep it needs more episodes what do u guys think about this ?

And even more so here. Now, this is what I'm talking about. At least one gets some interesting info/description of the episode here. And if it's just nonsense it will become clear soon enough too.
AnimageNebyDec 16, 2013 1:12 PM
Dec 16, 2013 1:18 PM
Nov 2012
Dude, having Maya sing out "It's a Carnival!" constantly would be a more effective torture than waterboarding...
Dec 16, 2013 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, haven't thought that I would feel so bad for the sisters :(
Dec 16, 2013 1:40 PM

May 2012
Good episode. Happy to see Takao still alive. Thought the fight with 400 and 402 would have last longer. I was a little confuse when they got defeated. Did they start developing feeling? I know Kongou was losing her mind being chained up on the ship. When Maya started singing carnival over and over I just knew she was going to snap. Now Kongou is looking like Death Star out there. Final episode next week. Wonder how they are going to end it.

"Maya... This is... our... carnival!"
Dec 16, 2013 1:50 PM
Oct 2012
The entire "after school special" music when Haruna reminded them that they could only do this because of Takao's sacrifice was brilliant, the 4 seconds of downcast looks, then Takao in all her glory, and Haruna innocently stating "oh you were there".

The humor on this show is so wonderfully understated.
Dec 16, 2013 1:51 PM
Feb 2013
Antearion said:
Good episode. Happy to see Takao still alive. Thought the fight with 400 and 402 would have last longer. I was a little confuse when they got defeated. Did they start developing feeling? I know Kongou was losing her mind being chained up on the ship. When Maya started singing carnival over and over I just knew she was going to snap. Now Kongou is looking like Death Star out there. Final episode next week. Wonder how they are going to end it.

"Maya... This is... our... carnival!"

Yes, I was wondering about that form too. Was it something akin to a zeppelin, mayhaps? It wasn't very clear to get a good impression of it.
Dec 16, 2013 1:56 PM

Apr 2010
So the US fog intercept the 401 with an entire fleet complete with flagships and all and if that wasn't hard enough Kongou who seems to have merged with Maya is also after them.
401 will have a hard time shaking those of.

The battle with 400 and 402 was short but made a nice impact especially the scenes around the table where nicely done.
And it seems even they where effected in the end by the changes in the fog.
Things will get interesting next episode will it end or will there be a possibility for a second season.

PS
Was it just me or does 401's new form looks a lot like a shark.
AversaDec 16, 2013 2:01 PM
Dec 16, 2013 1:58 PM
Jan 2008
Noooo, I was hoping for a harem ending with the 3 sisters!
Dec 16, 2013 2:01 PM
Dec 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:

You know that i think about ith 1 ep left there is no way they are going to reach america in time first of all they got kongou to fight second they just left Japanese waters and need to reach Hawaii to supply ad than go to San Diago and the fact they just threw in American class fog ships who's to say if they have mental models or not or new characters to be introduced there is just no way this series is going wrap up all of this in 1 ep even if it is going an an anime original route it needs more episodes what do u guys think about this ?

the cannon shot only took out 20 Nagara, that last two been taken out by missile.

also, it seem like there is a lot Nagara class cruiser just behind Kongo (when she been lock down). As Kongo capable of using forcing Maya to merge, I think those Nagara been merge to Kongo as well.

It appear that there is a lot of what look like ship hull in the "Death Star" so there is a chance that Kongo just "consume" the entire fleet (which she control before).

AnimageNeby said:

Yes, I was wondering about that form too. Was it something akin to a zeppelin, mayhaps? It wasn't very clear to get a good impression of it.

tbh it look like an eye. A hollow eye =.=!
hrdb338Dec 16, 2013 2:05 PM
Dec 16, 2013 2:13 PM

Apr 2012
Tsundere Heavy Cruiser lives, all's right with the world.

I get the feeling that death Star Kongou is going to eliminate the American fleet of the Fog for them in a breathtaking display of power and madness.

Are we going to get a second season? At least a Takao OVA please!
Dec 16, 2013 2:15 PM

Sep 2012
Woa, even without reading the manga it smells like a filler here. No way these two submarines sank like that. And what the hell with that fortress ? Am I in Strike Witches ?!
Dec 16, 2013 2:23 PM
Feb 2013
Aversa said:
So the US fog intercept the 401 with an entire fleet complete with flagships and all and if that wasn't hard enough Kongou who seems to have merged with Maya is also after them.
401 will have a hard time shaking those of.

The battle with 400 and 402 was short but made a nice impact especially the scenes around the table where nicely done.
And it seems even they where effected in the end by the changes in the fog.
Things will get interesting next episode will it end or will there be a possibility for a second season.

PS
Was it just me or does 401's new form looks a lot like a shark.

I think it's pretty clear what will happen next. In the last episode, the US fog fleet will start to attack Gounzo and 401, and Kongou will be all: "Nooooes! That's my prey!! Keep your hands off!" and mostly destroying the rest of the fog fleet, then turn her wrath towards 401 but loose in the end anyway.

It's the only way out, from the perspective of a scenarist. Yes, variants are possible, where the US fog fleet sees a higher threat in Kongou than in 401, and thus starts to attack her, but this is a bit more unlikely. Bottomline: it would be too much - certainly after their recent wins - for 401 to win two times in a row in the next episode as well; AND against Kongou, AND against the US fleet, all by herself.

Therefore, the two big dogs will fight for the bone, but the bone will get stuck in the throat of the last remaining dog.

That's how it will go, I predict.
Dec 16, 2013 2:31 PM
Jul 2013
The way Gunzou gives the orders, is fantastic. Losing sisters is hard but she deserved it. And a little surprise for the end, a giant ball?
Dec 16, 2013 2:43 PM
Oct 2012
AnimageNeby said:
It's the only way out, from the perspective of a scenarist. Yes, variants are possible, where the US fog fleet sees a higher threat in Kongou than in 401, and thus starts to attack her, but this is a bit more unlikely. Bottomline: it would be too much - certainly after their recent wins - for 401 to win two times in a row in the next episode as well; AND against Kongou, AND against the US fleet, all by herself.

Therefore, the two big dogs will fight for the bone, but the bone will get stuck in the throat of the last remaining dog.

That's how it will go, I predict.

You forget that Gunzou has a hidden trump card.

As for people thinking 400 and 402 were sunk too easily, they should have been, after the Takao merger they were hopelessly outclassed by 401, however being weapons they didn't care. I thought 400 not getting things even at the end was a nice scene; it nicely showed the fatal flaw of the Fog.

I agree that Kongou will wipe the American fleet out. She is completely obsessed now, its a source of both strength (against the Fog) and weakness (against humans).
Dec 16, 2013 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty sure Kongou has lost her sanity. What was that huge blob that she has created with Maya??

Im sooooooooo glad that Takao is still here tooo. Cant wait till next week!
My Candies:
Dec 16, 2013 2:45 PM

Apr 2011
Aww...I'm a little sad that the sisters are gone. Oh well...
Dec 16, 2013 2:47 PM
Jul 2013
Dang, hard battle ahead. Might Kongou help take out them Murica' ships before engaging in the final battle?
Dec 16, 2013 2:55 PM
Oct 2012
Arlia said:
Woa, even without reading the manga it smells like a filler here. No way these two submarines sank like that. And what the hell with that fortress ? Am I in Strike Witches ?!

The animation has very little relationship to the manga, it started diverting back in Episode 4 and has become its own entity, as such there is no filler, the animation is going to end next episode, telling a complete story. As for the fortress, it is a gigantic flying super-gravitation cannon. Don't forget that Kongou only has one thought in her mind, to sink 401, so basically she created a big weapon that would move fast enough to catch up with 401 before the American Fog fleet reached Iona.
Dec 16, 2013 3:41 PM

May 2013
OMG Takao's not dead. Kongou sure is pissed. Looks like a major battle next episode Can't wait.
Dec 16, 2013 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
Oh boy, having to sink her siblings, Poor Iona.
Wait, Kongou is still a ship right ? That lookedlike some badass cannon.

Was that Kancolle in the end card illustration ?
Dec 16, 2013 4:55 PM

Dec 2008
was that a death star in end?
dank meme
Dec 16, 2013 5:09 PM

Sep 2013
Hahaha, dat epic super-gravity-cannon bang shot was amazing!!

Takao is alive and kicking it.

That ending is simply cliffhanging climax... can't wait till next week.
Dec 16, 2013 5:13 PM

Apr 2008
American fleet will get mowed down by Kongou. Give an excuse for the staffs to not spend time to make their models :D

It's funny they could mistake the ships as human fleet before the graviton reaction though. All of them are retired decades before the first war against the Fog.

-ShadowClaw- said:
There's also no good reason to sacrifice her core. She only need to give her hull. Destroying her own core brings no merit at all.

402 seems to be still alive. The graviton explosion has ended and it only consumed parts of her fore. It forced her to stop because she can't do damage control fast enough, breaks out of the engagement and escaped the more fatal blow that hits 400.
Iona also don't stop her recovery, so she can rearrange herself and back to operational... hopefully after Kongou flied pass her.
Dec 16, 2013 5:27 PM

Jul 2013
whoa. I'm relieved to see Takao alive and kicking... and those loli sisters sure is hard headed... and Kongou too...
Dec 16, 2013 5:40 PM

Oct 2013
Not that I'm complaining at all about the amount of content we've had in the past couple of episodes, but I was glad to see the OP back in this episode.

And Takao! lol "go toward the light"

I can't wait for the finale. Second season too, please.
Dec 16, 2013 5:44 PM

Apr 2011
That was pretty damn epic! First the merged Iona/Takao ship takes down 20 ships with a single raking blast of its supergrav cannon, then a strategic battle with the evil sub twins. I felt sorry for poor Iona, it clearly hurt her to distract her 'sisters' in the mental realm while Gunzou used his tactical mastery to eliminate them both.

Loved the part where Kongou shattered the chains that were binding her and merged herself with the brainless Maya, and somehow turned into a flying Death Star dirigible type thing. She probably had to absorb the whole fleet in order to get that much mass built up. I agree that she'll probably wind up wiping out the American fog ships so that they don't have to fight both forces at once, and Iona and Gunzou can take down the Death Star for the grand finale.

Been an awesome series, especially the last few episodes. Can't wait to see how it all turns out! Second season please!
Dec 16, 2013 5:48 PM

Sep 2013
Kongou fused with Maya :O

Hyuga's reactions :P

That was a good fight, but Iona must feel horrible after sinking her sisters.

Only one episode left :(
Dec 16, 2013 5:55 PM

Aug 2013
A tear was about to be shed when that sad music played after Haruna commented on Takao's sacrifice. Laughed so hard when Takao reappeared in all her tsundere glory. Haruna and Kirikuma trolling her was also hilarious XD

Haruna: Oh you're there?
Kirikuma: Go towards the light.

LMAO.

Can't believe I actually feel bad 400 and 402 got sunk. I thought at least 402 could be saved now that she's actually displayed an obvious change by protecting 400. Poor Iona :(

Kongou Death Star. So she really is the final boss. Last episode next week. I'm really hoping for a second season.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 16, 2013 6:00 PM

Nov 2012
402 seemed to have gained some humanity seeing as how she sacrificed herself to saved 400.

Dat ending.Thought Kongou and Maya had committed suicide but I guess not.

I'm guessing Kongou is going to sink all the other american Fog ships so she can sink Iona herself.
Dec 16, 2013 6:42 PM
Feb 2013
And there you go,, Takao is still there.. (^-^)/
a bit overacting, but Im really happy when am see her still there. Well, she's lose her physical body, tho, but they can restore it anytime as long as they have enough nanomaterial.
Oh well, I feel sorry for 400 and 402, beside, 402 is about to "change". Actually, I would be glad to see 400 and 402 to change side and join 401, but well, they're too stubborn. and the fvk is that?? so many different class made a contact with 401... feels like all-out war.. next week is gonna be friggin' awesome.
Speaking of next episode means last episode.. gosh.... I really demand 2nd season, well, let's see how the progress of the last episode. Next episode which will determine whether there will be a 2nd season or not. I cant wait.!!

And.. The heck... Is that Kongo after merge with Maya??!!!! Damn, total insane, looks like a space ship drone-like-shape from StarWars and it's flying(?)

One after another, this series just give me more and more surprise and I really love it!!
Dec 16, 2013 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
Well Looks like Kongou has gone crazy.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 16, 2013 6:50 PM

Dec 2010
Maya and Kongou's fusion looks pretty intense!

This wasn't a bad episode! It just feels like every time they have a success, someone else pops up to block their way. I wonder how they are going to deal with the American fog ships.

The deaths of 400 and 402 was actually handled in an interesting way...

Also, is it just me, or is Iona getting cuter? It's like her eyes are softer now...a physical manifestation of character development maybe?
Dec 16, 2013 7:37 PM

Apr 2012
yay Takao not dead
Dec 16, 2013 7:56 PM

Oct 2013
I'm glad Takao still exists.

and. Dat deathstar at the end.
Dec 16, 2013 8:45 PM

Jul 2012
Takao is still alive and they managed to take down 400 and 402. I think they are very close to America , but where did all those fog ships come from? Cannot wait for the next and final episode!

Great episode!!!
Dec 16, 2013 8:46 PM
Dec 2013
at least tsundere heavy cruiser still in this series...
I hope that 400 & 402 can join Iona, but I guess still there is a chance for their survival cause they can merge like Iona & Takao or Kongou & Maya

Kongou become mad... that's reasonable though
First, Iona stealed her girls one by one... now she even mess up with her garden and tea... and above all being held by a broken core...
is it Death Star? if yes, maybe she'll destroy America continent with her cannon :P
Dec 16, 2013 9:36 PM

Mar 2012
As much as I like where this series is going, I hope they've left room for a second season or something. It's nice to have an adaptation actually do so well and diverge from the source material, but I don't know how sustainable this is in the long run. Sadly, next episode might be the last we see this glorious series...
Dec 16, 2013 9:40 PM

Jan 2009
Arlia said:

No, Star Wars. And yes none of this has happened in the manga...
Dec 16, 2013 10:10 PM
Dec 2011
My reactions to episode 11:

#1: Wow, I-401 is Over Powered 22 light cruisers in one shot...

#2: YESSSSS TAKAO IS ALIVE!!!!! The newest Ipad app: Takao! :D

#3: Everyone celebrate, the really annoying I-400 and I-402 are dead! I feel bad for Iona tho.

#4: Did Kongou just snap? Shit just hit the fan people!

#5: D: American battleships?!?!?! I-401 is in trouble now..... MERICA F*** YEAH!

#6: Starwars: the Moe naval Japanese anime strikes back! DEATH STAR GALORE!

Soo, there's a deathstar behind and tons of big, nasty American battleships in front of you...... I think I'll just dive and run away! :D
Dec 16, 2013 10:22 PM

Feb 2012
Very pleased that Takao is alive! I hope she gets her body back.

As for the battle with the twins, it was pretty underwhelming compared to previous battles. I expected them to put up a better fight but I guess since there's only one ep left they couldn't fit it in and had to rush it a little.
Dec 16, 2013 10:42 PM

Jan 2013
This really is a solid anime. I'm glad I picked this up.

Looking forward to the finale next week.
Salmon is delicious.
Dec 16, 2013 11:45 PM
Jun 2012
zannet_t said:
As much as I like where this series is going, I hope they've left room for a second season or something. It's nice to have an adaptation actually do so well and diverge from the source material, but I don't know how sustainable this is in the long run. Sadly, next episode might be the last we see this glorious series...

I'm pretty sure there won't be a 2nd because this last episode is super rushed, the whole episode tries to pack in all the events before the last episode. If you think about it the fight with the sisters was too short/easy/tame and the big supergun where they wiped out a whole fleet of nagara cruisers was just over powered.

I think the whole merging of takao and iona was their get out of jail free card to finish the series as quickly as possible by having a reason iona is so overpowered.
Dec 17, 2013 12:19 AM

Apr 2010
I didn't think I'd get remotely attached to Sisters 400 and 402.

Lol now they're going to be facing off against American destroyers, cruisers and battleships.

Dec 17, 2013 12:37 AM

Jul 2013
Boom what a wipeout
Tsundere Takao lives!
Well without a physical form anyway
Kongou has lost it.
Sad how 400 and 402 were sunk
Oh boy, one hell of a battle coming up
I'll say it again, Kongou, you've lost it.
One more episode :(
Dec 17, 2013 1:33 AM

Apr 2013
Kongou has airborne?! I'm pretty sure this ain't StarWars.
Dec 17, 2013 1:50 AM

Jul 2013
Angry Kongou is so freaking badass!!!

Another hack battle, 400 and 402 launched a gazillion of torpedoes and 401 easily destroyed all of them for whatever reason. 401 launched one torpedo and it instantly hit. Seriously, are the fog always that stupid? for beings more advanced than human technology they seem incapable of reacting quickly to the slightest change..

what kind of super sentient weapon just let a torpedo flew at them without intercepting? are they blind or something? did their sonar break? why the fuck didn't they put their klein field on stand-by instead of waiting for the torpedo to come so close at them?

those Nagara ships, why didn't any of them fired that super cannon at 401?

This series is only saved by the mental model, it proves that if you put enough cute girls in an anime then people will watch. The main character is bland as hell, the battles are as dumb and hack as can be, not even the beautiful CG can save it from being so one-sidedly stupid
Dec 17, 2013 2:07 AM

Apr 2009
I saw only the leftmost (port side of 401 before she turned to engage) Nagara cruiser evading and I can't believe none of the cruisers manage to fire a single shot. I mean, come on. X_x

Anyway I'm glad Takao is still around. XD I like this armed decoys concept used to intercept 400 and 402.

Kongou is like Agent Smith from Matrix, a renegade program while the Gonzou Fog Fleet are like the converted robot from 'Matriculated' which is part of The Animatrix.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

197 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

202 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

100 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2013

75 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 9:02 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

84 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 8:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.