3It was OK
13.9%
2Disliked it
12.5%
1Hated it
18.6%
Average 3.4
710 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2020 8:13 AM

Apr 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And so this ends... Was kinda confused for a bit but in the end it's Touma x Taichi! Glad to see everyone is happy, I think the idea of choices not being definite was strong in this one. "We continue to make choices forever."
Major_GilbertApr 7, 2020 8:20 AM

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Apr 7, 2020 8:26 AM

Feb 2013
What a nice ending, really happy with it.
Apr 7, 2020 8:59 AM

May 2012
What a confusing ending. Taichi and Touma ending up together is certainly a bold direction for a shounen manga to take, but it would have made more sense if it, I don't know, had some actual development? Instead of happening at literally the very last second. Futaba and Taichi breaking up made perfect sense to me, as they never really had much chemistry, but all the hints throughout the manga that Taichi could possibly like Touma in that way were so vague it could easily be written off as friendship.

Masumi being married to a man doesn't sit right with me. This is not a character who was written as bisexual, we saw her struggles as a teen when she admitted that she can't love any of her boyfriends. Why include such a detail if she was intended to end up with a guy? At least she's happy with her husband instead of using him as a beard.

Overall I appreciate what they were trying to do here, especially how they made Tai and Touma's marriage explicit with the rings and Touma's surname being Ichinose now, even if it came totally out of left field. The manga always seemed to be building to a climax it never quite delivered on, and the whole last arc was kind of a mess. If only they'd cut out a few of those pointless chapters after the confession where every side character got to voice their irrelevant opinion on the situation, and used them to further develop the main four.
Apr 7, 2020 9:03 AM

Sep 2018
It's so sad that it finally ended, but this is one of my favorite romance manga. What a rollercoaster!!!
Apr 7, 2020 10:01 AM

Apr 2009
Rarity said:
What a confusing ending. Taichi and Touma ending up together is certainly a bold direction for a shounen manga to take, but it would have made more sense if it, I don't know, had some actual development? Instead of happening at literally the very last second. Futaba and Taichi breaking up made perfect sense to me, as they never really had much chemistry, but all the hints throughout the manga that Taichi could possibly like Touma in that way were so vague it could easily be written off as friendship.

Masumi being married to a man doesn't sit right with me. This is not a character who was written as bisexual, we saw her struggles as a teen when she admitted that she can't love any of her boyfriends. Why include such a detail if she was intended to end up with a guy? At least she's happy with her husband instead of using him as a beard.

Overall I appreciate what they were trying to do here, especially how they made Tai and Touma's marriage explicit with the rings and Touma's surname being Ichinose now, even if it came totally out of left field. The manga always seemed to be building to a climax it never quite delivered on, and the whole last arc was kind of a mess. If only they'd cut out a few of those pointless chapters after the confession where every side character got to voice their irrelevant opinion on the situation, and used them to further develop the main four.

Yeah, this is similar to how I feel. I can appreciate the "bold" move (Still would have liked to see Touma's face), but from a writing point of view it's a complete trainwreck and borderline character assassination in some cases. It's not satisfying from an emotional point of view because you don't get too see Touma and Taichi do all the things couples do, and it's not satisfying from a writing point of view because Taichi's sexuality and his "turn around" are completely left unexplored.

Masumi definitely got hit the hardest, especially because how much Japan likes to portray lesbianism as "Just a phase". Even if the author pretty much states she's bisexual in the last chapter... which doesn't really fit any of her previous character.

Apr 7, 2020 10:10 AM
Jul 2019
Ah, I hate this so damn much. That was a very bold move from the author. 0/10 +1 for effort.
Apr 7, 2020 10:31 AM

May 2015
I was shook when I saw those last few pages. I never thought that they'd actually end up together. The ending as a whole could have been stronger, but I still really enjoyed the series.

Apr 7, 2020 10:37 AM

May 2018
well that's like the first time in a while I've gasped aloud at something. I think this is a perfect ending not just because i prayed it was gay the entire time, but because, it didn't go through the shit process of a time skip, so all the development AFTER high school and college was off the page which IMO is ideal.
Gay Rights babeyyyy

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 愛してる *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Apr 7, 2020 10:59 AM
Apr 2018
Something doesn't sit well with me after doing some reread.
Apr 7, 2020 11:09 AM

Jan 2018
I believe that the ending is consistent with the theme of the manga. Touma x Taichi has always been a possibility and self-discovery more important than romance so i don't think it's a problem the way they did things. it was rushed tho
yes, good, BUT: Masumi's end doesn't make ANY sense. if anyone knows why they did it, please tell me.
Apr 7, 2020 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
Rarity said:

Jin_uzuki said:
(Still would have liked to see Touma's face),

Quoting the above sentences that mirror my thoughts well.
I am happy that Touma and Taichi ended up together. The sad thing is that I can "imagine" how it'd happen, I mean, how it'd develop (Touma was already in love with Taichi, Taichi had always been stuck in an emotional haze though), but I wanted to see it happen.
For about a year, the chapters have been... weird and unfulfilling? What followed Touma's outing was so messy. This ending could have been great, but what preceded it couldn't lead to what the beginning of the manga promised in terms of quality.
Overall, 7/10
Apr 7, 2020 11:20 AM

Jul 2015
This ending was really satisfying regarding Taichi and Touma. I mean, from the beginning I was begging for them to be together because their chemistry was from another level. Futaba makes Taichi face his feelings and it's nice, but for me, it was obvious that they weren't made for each other.
Nice POV this last chapter, a lot of hints such as Touma writing "Ichinose..." and Futaba telling him that both of them and Masumi still are her role models.

The only thing that didn't convince me completely was Masumi's ending... I mean, somehow it feels like she gave up? But then her husband says that thing about men or women so it feels like she came to accept how she feels. Still not sure about this. Her struggle meant a lot more in her teenage years...

Quite a bold ending for a shonen magazine and so refreshing!! This was truly necessary. I'll give it an 8, just because I would have like to see some of TaichixTouma development, to make it more real.

EDIT: I just read that Masumi's husband is a trans man. Does anyone know anything about this?
DorayakisamaApr 7, 2020 11:25 AM
Apr 7, 2020 11:36 AM

Oct 2006
The trans thing seems to be a fan theory by a Japanese twitter user. I'm not sure there's any real substance to it.

Jin_uzuki said:

Masumi definitely got hit the hardest, especially because how much Japan likes to portray lesbianism as "Just a phase". Even if the author pretty much states she's bisexual in the last chapter... which doesn't really fit any of her previous character.

It really just comes off as one more for the lesbian until graduation/find the right guy trope collection.
Apr 7, 2020 11:45 AM

Jun 2017
Whoa. I have loved this story for it's courage and emotional charge, but the ending was a bit disappointing. After the next to last chapter I could NEVER have imagined Taichi and Touma ending up together; I thought all the build-up was for Taichi to accept Touma for who he is and seeing he is still his best friend. Not that I didn't like them together, that definitely is a daring way to end the story, but I feel really cheated because they got together off-screen without even giving a hint there was something more than feelings of friendship on Taichi's part.

Overall, I enjoyed this story a lot. It had some serious balls! If the ending wasn't so rushed and Masumi would have gotten a better ending treatment (I first thought her husband was a boyish woman but sadly that didn't seem to be the case) it could have been a masterpiece in my heart.

I always secretly dreamed of Masumi and Futaba ending up together </3
TrivialmadnessApr 7, 2020 11:56 AM
Apr 7, 2020 11:48 AM

Jan 2015
Holy fuck, I can’t believe Touma and Taichi actually get together, just like I never expected Masumi to end up with a guy.
Masumi being with a guy is probably my only issue with this chapter, she was never meant to be bisexual and it kinda bothered me

Wish we could have seen Taichi accepting his feelings for Touma. Nonetheless,

10/10
XenocrisiApr 7, 2020 11:55 AM
Apr 7, 2020 12:00 PM

Nov 2019
I just know i won't like this ending, how disappointing

Taichi rejected Touma last chapter I thought that Was the end of it.

and Taichi can't you at least go to your ex's wedding just to show support =="

another manga with a shit ending ><"
Elyon_HolicSep 13, 2022 3:35 AM
Apr 7, 2020 12:47 PM
Sep 2016
I'm really disappointed, i had so much fun with it ... but the ending feels .. bold for the sake of being bold ... and the idea about choices feels like its come from nowhere ... this has soured the series a bit for me.
Apr 7, 2020 12:54 PM

Mar 2015
What??Gay ending?? Shounen Jump????? we are truly in a new era.
I was not expecting this at all, not after everything that came before this chapter. Sadly the ending was rushed as fuck, hope it gets an anime adaptation someday to fix everything.
Apr 7, 2020 1:18 PM

Apr 2009
I don't think you can fix this mess without like 2 volumes of extra story that details how everyone character pulled a 180° to be honest, which is probably beyond the scope of any adaptation.

Still an anime would be worth just for the reactions lol.

Apr 7, 2020 1:32 PM
Aug 2011
Legit thought when Taichi was holding up his hand to say "let's go home" the chapter would end there and it would turn into a surreal TaichiXReader situation lmao.
You pick ME Taichi?! I'm so flattered.

Don't get me wrong, I love manga that can outgay my day but I live for relationship building and here we barely got anything. It feels like I picked up the last book after skipping several volumes. I would've loved to see Taichi going through the stage of accepting his sexuality, moving in with Touma since we saw a snippet of their home in the last chapter, etc.

I would've also preferred if our girls ended together instead of some boring generic partners. Even if Masumi did get married to a trans man (doubtful), i'm still like these people... I don't know them

Even though I liked a lot of aspects it was a truly and wrongfully condensed story. Big gay happenings in SJ might have also been the reason why this threaded so lightly over everything in the end. Maybe another magazine could've given this more chances to expand relationships, or the author reached the end of their creativity? I can't tell hmmm.

edit: abyssal MAL manga moderation as always ... this is still listed as publishing instead of complete
standApr 12, 2020 2:27 PM
Apr 7, 2020 1:36 PM

Jan 2016
How can a 9/10 manga do a complete 360 and end with me giving it a 6/10? Fucking hell, somebody should open up a "manga ending" course for mangakas because they really need it
Apr 7, 2020 1:58 PM

Mar 2015
Jin_uzuki said:
I don't think you can fix this mess without like 2 volumes of extra story that details how everyone character pulled a 180° to be honest, which is probably beyond the scope of any adaptation.

Still an anime would be worth just for the reactions lol.

Honestly, i don't think the author is that crazy to rush things out of nowhere, so i'm going with the theory that the manga was axed by jump and he did his best to finish things within a few chapters.
Which also mean that an adaptation is never happening.

But i agree, the meltdown would be glorious.
Apr 7, 2020 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
What can I say, I liked the ending, everyone ended up being happy. But it was kinda underwhelming. The whole story was great, though.
Looks like Masumi's husband accepted her and fell in love with her knowing she was into women before... or maybe still is but gave up. That's one of the parts that felt the most real - sometimes it just doesn't work out the way we want it to, a lot of homosexual people hide their real sexuality and eventually end up choosing the opposite gender. But I have to say, the author could have handled it better - what's the actual reason behind her choice?

There was one thing that really didn't sit well with me - I didn't expect that Taichi and Touma (I think it was Touma?) would get together. What was all that drama for? Didn't Taichi already reject Touma? What happened? I think the ending would be way better if we could get explanations regarding some events that happened during the time skip.
removed-userApr 7, 2020 2:05 PM
Apr 7, 2020 2:03 PM

Aug 2016
N4rutoG4ming said:
Ah, I hate this so damn much. That was a very bold move from the author. 0/10 +1 for effort.

With that end, a 1/10 would still be really generous.
:v
Apr 7, 2020 2:03 PM
Nov 2019
I definitely like that gays won but I felt like this ending happened way too fast.

After reading previous chapter I was really sad after taichi and toumas fight so that sudden change made me confused and at first super happy.

I'm happy for Masumi for finding her true love but it's weird that mangaka decided to make her bisexual at the end, she was struggling with loving or being attracted to opposite sex she clearly said that many times.

Wish there were more chapters to fill that huge gap of how Touma became Taichis husband and how Taichi realised that he loves him.

Still love it though.
Apr 7, 2020 4:14 PM

Mar 2016
I am sad Masumi ended up with a guy. Didn't she say she wasn't attracted to guys? I hope she actually was bisexual, because I really like her and wish for her happiness.

They made it look like we were seeing things from Taichi's POV, but things felt really off. Everybody reacted like they were talking to Touma the whole time. (I didn't realise what a good job Kaito-sensei had done establishing characters.) And, well, it was Touma!

As the story progressed, it looked more and more like Taichi and Touma were dating. They even seemed to be close with each other's friends. And the end is just so special to me. Taichi was indeed bisexual, just like Futaba had hinted. He looked so happy with Touma. I'm getting so emotional!! haha.

I am glad this manga didn't go with the gay-guy loves straight guy, and now has to just play the role of a supportive character.

Edit: I just realised they were wearing matching rings. They're not dating, they're married!! I guess that's why Touma used Taichi's surname.
FuMomo-kunApr 7, 2020 4:19 PM
Apr 7, 2020 4:39 PM

Jul 2013
The time skip ending strikes again. I'm happy with where it ended, but it feels a bit empty without seeing how it happened.
Apr 7, 2020 5:51 PM

Oct 2011
This felt rushed. Was it ever implied that Taichi and Masumi were bi? If they were going to pair Taichi with Touma, there should’ve been more buildup instead of giving Taichi’s feelings a sudden 180.

And why not show Touma? Was it an editor jumping in? A weird artistic decision from the mangaka? I hate when certain manga and anime do these weird half-commitments to gay relationships and intimacy...If you’re gonna do it, have some balls and do it fully, instead of this vague bull crap.

This was meant to be a lighthearted ending but it honestly made me very angry. The time skip came as a shock because it felt way too abrupt. This needed a few extra chapters first. And then this final chapter did not resolve things in a satisfying way.

TheGenkiGuyApr 7, 2020 5:56 PM
Apr 7, 2020 8:59 PM

Sep 2016
First forum post ever here but I wanted to say that I really enjoyed this manga especially in its earlier stages. It seemed like a refreshing new take on highschool drama but with actual relatable and likeable characters. But I definitely understand those who were disappointed with this ending. Not gonna lie, I rooted for Taichi x Touma from the start, but I would've liked for their relationship to be shown on how it developed and everything.

Someone else said that things might've been rushed because the manga got axed and I think that's likely true. I actually don't know how well this manga did and sold in Japan anyway...but I'm hoping Kaito will at least give some sort of extra chapters or an interview explaining everything!
~ ♡ 𝐑-𝐀-𝐌-𝐔-𝐃 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀
𝐖𝐡𝐨’𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭? 𝐑𝐚𝐦𝐮𝐝𝐚! ♡ ~
Apr 7, 2020 9:15 PM

Jul 2009
A truly beautiful ending. The narration was personal and intimate. I didn't know what was going to happen until the last page.

They made a decision.
10/10
Sasha_ATApr 7, 2020 9:31 PM
Apr 7, 2020 10:09 PM

Aug 2011
im not rooting for anyone in this story to be honest. when the previous chapter told us that tai and futaba broke up and got married to someone else somehow didn't suprise me. i thought that tai will accept toma as who he is and continue to become best friends and life goes on for both of them. i really didn't expect this kind if ending though it would be possible for them to end up together. one of the manga that had me ride the emotions roller coaster. i still give it 8/10

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-
Apr 7, 2020 11:03 PM

Feb 2018
can someone help me understand why we're all collectively assuming it's touma, why didn't the author show his face? i'm so confused
Apr 7, 2020 11:11 PM
Nov 2012
I agree with everyone here. At first I felt like it was a nice ending, kinda thought there was a possiblity for Taichi and Touma to end up together but thought nah it wouldn't happen, was pleasantly surprised to see that they did get together. Was thinking on it for a while and I slowly started to feel something, unsatisfied. I don't know what it is, the ending just didn't satisy me. I absolutely adore this series, was in awe when I started reading it expecting it to be a typical school-life romance but it was anything but. The level of thought that went into this series was something that I greatly appreciated and Blue Flag ended up becoming a story very dear to me but that ending just leaves me feeling a bit empty you know? Maybe that's just because of the fact that it has ended but I don't know, i as well as you all know there was a lot more that could've been explored in the series, I mean Masumi didn't get a proper ending at all, feels like a whole character arc with her is skipped. But I digress, I thoroughly enjoyed the seiries, really loved it, just the ending leaves me feeling a bit empty. Really appreciate the story KATIO-Sensei gave us.

Man what a ramble, sorry.
Apr 8, 2020 12:25 AM

Apr 2009
TheGenkiGuy said:

And why not show Touma? Was it an editor jumping in? A weird artistic decision from the mangaka? I hate when certain manga and anime do these weird half-commitments to gay relationships and intimacy...If you’re gonna do it, have some balls and do it fully, instead of this vague bull crap.

While I'm sure the usual suspects would love to jump in and explain why x is not gay, it's impossible since at the end of the day that was a dude's hand, so it's not like there is any ambiguity about Taichi being into men, so I don't think it was a matter of trying to make it /not/ gay (This say I agree that editors and whatnot can be pretty weird in the ways they try to make it things less gay). The way the panels and the story flow is pretty subtle but unambiguous at the same time.

makuras said:
can someone help me understand why we're all collectively assuming it's touma, why didn't the author show his face? i'm so confused

It's a dude who knows Futaba and Masumi, Masumi told him "You are still my role model" and the flashback is told in the same style as his other flashback and Touma is the only character who is missing from any panel.

Also Taichi is staring at this panel
complaining about the main character's choice and how it didn't sit well with him, since he got to pick the third option and have his best friend as his lover.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get some sketches of Touma's design from KAITO, and hopefully an Extra to give this shit romance some actual context and dynamics.

Apr 8, 2020 1:39 AM

Jan 2016
I'm really happy that Touma and Taichi got together in the end, but I agree with everyone else that I'm disappointed that we didn't even et to see how it happened. A lot of things can happen in 7 years, so a lot of content should have been added to see what happened between them.

I was also disappointed when I saw Masumi with a guy. I mean don't get me wrong, if she's happy then I'm happy, but like others sad, she was painted purely as a lesbian, and I didn't think that she was bisexual.

I really liked this manga, and I'm gonna miss it. I'm giving it a 9/10 cause the missing pieces that should have been shown before the end.

lezerman said:
Honestly, i don't think the author is that crazy to rush things out of nowhere, so i'm going with the theory that the manga was axed by jump and he did his best to finish things within a few chapters.

Honestly, I can see that actually happening for this. Though we don't really know what happened for KAITO, it's a likely possibility that it was axed.
Apr 8, 2020 1:51 AM

Apr 2009
As far I know, it was actually selling well and actually got nominated in a few "Which anime would you like to see adapted" polls, so I think it had a decent following.

Unless some editors/producer was really getting annoyed by it, which given past history I wouldn't rule that out, but it's entirely speculation without more info.

Apr 8, 2020 5:23 AM
Apr 2015
This definitely takes the cake of the shittiest, most uncalled for turn of events I've ever seen. What a disappointment.
Apr 8, 2020 5:29 AM

Dec 2018
im not sure about this ending ...
sure i wished for a taichi/touma ending and im happy we got it !!! i rly am but that timeskip... we needed proper development for them. not a development in a way "but taichi was never attracted to touma" because theres a bunch of scenes indicating that, wanted to see how taichi broke up with futaba and got together with touma.
also cant get behind the fact that masumi just has a husband now ? its kinda ...[•_•]hm
besides that i thought it was really clever to write this ch from toumas pov, kinda wished to see his face for the last time bec hes my fave character of all^^
Apr 8, 2020 6:00 AM

Jun 2013
What a way to end. Rushed as fuck. This needed 20 more chapters to flesh out the ending. God I fucking hate time skip low effort shit. What is it with manga with great writing having shit paced endings. It could have been a classic. Mami best girl.
Apr 8, 2020 9:31 AM
Nov 2019
I personally thought the ending was hot trash.
It felt like the author wanted to have a surprising end but had absolutely no idea how to end it. A guy who was straight throughout the series suddenly ended up being gay and the girl he actually loved throughout the series married someone else . I hate when authors will do just about anything just to make the ending unexpected. Extremely disappointed like is it so hard to let it end in a normal way instead of making the whole manga look like a complete waste of time because the ending absolutely sucks. Also wasn't that other girl lesbian? Honestly I think the author had no clue what to write/ how to end.
namkeenchootApr 8, 2020 11:21 AM
Apr 8, 2020 9:51 AM
Mar 2020
Getting to see Mami smile while doing what she loves one last time was the best ending I could wish for, honestly.
Apr 8, 2020 11:21 AM
Sep 2018
And that's how you just fuck up a good manga... Thanks for wasting my time
Apr 8, 2020 1:31 PM

Sep 2018
i need to re-read... it being monthly kind of fragmented what was going on for me.

reading the last two chapters, it ended alright. It would have been better if the author drew touma in the final chapter....

im in the minority not interested in how tachi and touma got together tbh... they had their final character arc catharsis and its hard to write drama that would be interesting after it. Also they seemed to have reached a strong point of maturity compared to the beginning of the series. The author got out what he wanted to say in the end.
jesteriApr 9, 2020 1:54 PM
Apr 8, 2020 2:59 PM

May 2009
Last two chapters ruined whole manga for me. Last chapter was literally Korra's ending.
And Taichi's JUST-hair looks worse than Boruto's dad and epilogue Ichigo.
Apr 8, 2020 8:26 PM

Jan 2008
Despite the flaws, I feel that the ending is quite memorable. If it ended the way we expected it to be, it wouldn't get all this reaction and it wouldn't really stay with us.

Now, I am not one who picks on subtle hints but I never took Taichi for being gay, so the plot twist at the end was unexpected for me but not unwelcome. Honestly, I didn't have a favorite character in this series neither was I shipping hard. Futaba was a very nice and kind girl but she never stood out to me nor left an impression. I knew from the beginning that she's going to end up falling for Taichi given the time they spent together compared to her minimal interaction with Touma. Sure, she was crushing on Touma but the time she spent with Taichi made her realize she liked him more and wanted to be with him. It was a very simple and straightforward romance until Touma was outed to the whole school. Now, Futaba must have been feeling guilty thinking that she was in the way and that if she wasn't there, there was a chance that Taichi might have reciprocated Touma's feelings but is that the case? Who knows.

What I'm really curious about is, why did Taichi and Futaba break up? Is it just that they realized they couldn't work things out or did Taichi's feelings change at some point? Did Taichi choose to be with Touma while he was still with Futaba or did it happen after that? To me, it looks like it happened while they were still dating. Did Taichi and Touma feel guilty because of that and that's why Taichi didn't reconnect with Futaba for a long time after that? I would have loved to see adult Touma but I wonder why the author didn't show him. Would love to see an extra chapter but I wonder if it will happen as I think the author purposely chose to keep things vague. And it was definitely Touma and not some other guy Taichi ended up with. I doubt Taichi would've ended up with a guy other than Touma but that's just my interpretation. Also, it was clear from the way Masumi and Futaba were addressing the guy.
HatsumiShinoguApr 8, 2020 8:32 PM
Apr 9, 2020 6:45 AM
Sep 2017
This manga ending resonated with all of its coursing topics, life is a collective of potential choices you can make, and let's be honest, most of them are always out of our reach. There is no happy ending, no sad ending, just propositions of what can be and what is.

Masumi could never be with Futaba, but she accepted being her friend.

Futaba could never be with Taichi, so she moved on. She still accepted Touma and Taichi's relation, be that as it may.

Taichi choosing Touma may be the most surprising occurrence, even so, it was on par with most of their interactions, and let's be honest, no choice comes out of thin air, a connection as strong as what they had is a definite representation of what could happen to anyone, impartial to both of their sexuality.

The ending may have been rushed due to some editorial pressure, but the author managed to beautifully craft a deserving finale to what the series was.

Thank you KAITO.
Apr 9, 2020 7:16 AM

Oct 2016
Apr 9, 2020 7:16 AM

Oct 2016
bastek66 said:
Last two chapters ruined whole manga for me. Last chapter was literally Korra's ending.
And Taichi's JUST-hair looks worse than Boruto's dad and epilogue Ichigo.

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.
Apr 9, 2020 10:14 AM

Sep 2018
HatsumiShinogu said:
Despite the flaws, I feel that the ending is quite memorable. If it ended the way we expected it to be, it wouldn't get all this reaction and it wouldn't really stay with us.

Now, I am not one who picks on subtle hints but I never took Taichi for being gay, so the plot twist at the end was unexpected for me but not unwelcome.

same, I feel like a dumbass for not picking up on the hints earlier too...

What I'm really curious about is, why did Taichi and Futaba break up? Is it just that they realized they couldn't work things out did Taichi's feelings change at some point? Did Taichi choose to be with Touma while he was still with Futaba or did it happen after that? To me, it looks like it happened while they were still dating.

tachi said "there wasn't an interesting story behind it", so i guess they just had a natural falling out. i mean, who knows, maybe they went to different universities and couldn't make long distance work. I think it happened after the break up.
Apr 9, 2020 1:16 PM
Aug 2015
Sorry my bad english. But this is a shonen manga. And that's the problem. That's why the end is rush and without much development. It's hard to openly show LGBT issues in this kind of manga. I mind, this is like a miracle. I think it is the only way the writer could do it... I mean.. How many main character officially gay have you seen in shonen manga or anime? SHONEN, not shonen ai, or yaoi. We are talking about stories that teenage boys will read. In Japan that is a sensitive issue. It's hard to teach or show these kind of things in shonen manga without getting in troubles,complaints, denunciation; so japanese writers and editors are always careful and restricted. Maybe if the author try to write more chapters with a better development the manga could be cancelled. That happens a lot of times. Yes, the last chapter was so sudden and bad story telling. But I think the message was sent, and that's the most important thing.

It is not so difficult to understand, because before you can notice the mixed feelings of all the characters, and you can tell they are too young to figure out what they feel. In the last chapter you can see they grew up. But, yeah, rush. I wanted more too. But I cant say it's a bad manga. I love it. And I love that it was in a shonen magacine, you can say free love is becoming common, i'm happy if teenage boys can reed this kind of story without knowing how will it end, because maybe if they know it they will not read it. And maybe if they read it without prejudice they can think: "Oh, I can decide something now, but then... maybe fall in love with some else", "Or maybe that person's confession can change the way I see the world." I mean. Even Ichinose said it. Touma's confession change Ichinose's world. You can see it. He absolluty changes when he knows Touma feelings. He make a choices, what he though was the best and maybe it was. YES, he did say: "I want you in my life like my best friend." But also he said he doesnt care what people say, He likes to be with touma. I think he care a lot of Touma and that kind of care can change with the time. Even he said: "we're young, living in boudt and indecision..." That means he made a choice, but that doesnt mean that that choice cannot change. We are people. We change, we grew up, our feelings can change. I mean, if two friends (boy and girl) who said only will be friend, could fall in love (we saw that in a lot of movies, how friendzone ends in romance), Why can this be the same case? I know you think you cant suddenly be gay. But, I really dont think that way. I think you can fall in love with someone you would never imagine, because maybe you are happy with that person. Maybe you realize that you want be with that person and you will be happy. I think love is more than your sexual orientation. And Taichi staying with Touma doesnt mean he is actually gay. You know? Can be bisexual, or can be just a person who fall in love with people without thinking of the gender of them. I mean, Taichi doesnt reject Touma saying: "I'm not gay, or... I hate gays, or I can't imagine be with guys." He never said nothing about if he could be or not with a man. He only said: "I want be with Futaba and I want you like a friend." Now: Those feelings are unchangeable? I dont think so. We can love one person, and then dont love them anymore. We can hate one person, and then dont hate them anymore. We can love someone as a friend, and then we can feel something more. Because love can grow or diminish and change in many ways. It is not so weird, It is not impossible. Sometimes we need TIME to know what we like and what makes us happy.

About Masumi, I really think she fall in love with a man, a lot of people say that he is faking or whatever, but I think she's really happy. I mean... maybe when she was young she couldnt love mens, but that can change too. Sometimes, you just find the right person and you are happy, even if that person is not what you always wanted, because how I said: WE CHANGE. And the things we like sometimes changes too. Im not saying everyone can love everybody with out caring about the gender, but they are people who can do it. So... is not so weird if Taichi could do it too.

But, yeah, I would like a chapter with more... development. But I think it is inevitable, this is not a yaoi, or shonen ai. The author cant do whatever he wants. I really think the author only did what he could to make what he wants, without breaking the rules. The author said it: "I would like to be free in this manga and write what I want." (or something like that, i dont remember, he wrote that in the covers). So, the author did what he could. And I love it. Because, yeah, I like young boys and girls to know LGTB community, especially boys, whom sometimes is more difficult to them to know it and be happy with their choices. So... I dont know if I explain myself haha I just wanna to write this shit lol
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Flag Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2017

21 by jeffersondkid »»
May 28, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Ao no Flag Chapter 53 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 3, 2020

33 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 16, 12:53 PM

Poll: » Ao no Flag Chapter 52 Discussion

removed-user - Jan 29, 2020

4 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 16, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Ao no Flag Chapter 51 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Dec 17, 2019

7 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 16, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Ao no Flag Chapter 48 Discussion

alejandrina - Sep 10, 2019

12 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 15, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.