Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2009 8:14 PM

Feb 2009
Shitty shitty and more shitty. I mean i understand its suppose to be a time loop and everything but it was EXACTLY the same as episode 4 for a while i thought i downloaded episode 3 again by accident. Oh and to all the ppl who are saying "Oh we should just be grateful we got more haruhi!" Screw that crap! I almost think kyoani should right a letter of thanks to every one who actually watches the next episode to show there gratitude to us!
SpiralxGreedJul 4, 2009 8:34 PM
Jul 4, 2009 9:07 PM

Jul 2008
SpiralXWarrior said:
Shitty shitty and more shitty. I mean i understand its suppose to be a time loop and everything but it was EXACTLY the same as episode 4 for a while i thought i downloaded episode 3 again by accident. Oh and to all the ppl who are saying "Oh we should just be grateful we got more haruhi!" Screw that crap! I almost think kyoani should right a letter of thanks to every one who actually watches the next episode to show there gratitude to us!

greez they are just following the manga, plus they're trying to make the watcher feel as if he/she was in nagato's position..
Jul 4, 2009 9:13 PM
Apr 2009
ClearSinz said:
greez they are just following the manga, plus they're trying to make the watcher feel as if he/she was in nagato's position..
I don't think the manga is up to this part.
Jul 4, 2009 9:16 PM

Jul 2008
Bladecatcher said:
ClearSinz said:

hmm wat exactly do u mean? cuz this is endless eight no?
Jul 4, 2009 9:18 PM
Apr 2009
ClearSinz said:
Bladecatcher said:
ClearSinz said:

Yeah, the manga is only up to Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody. Maybe you mean the light novels.
Jul 4, 2009 9:29 PM

Jul 2008
Bladecatcher said:
ClearSinz said:
Bladecatcher said:
ClearSinz said:

Yeah, the manga is only up to Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody. Maybe you mean the light novels.

ooo rite.... my bads got them confused nvm my comments XD
thx for pointing out... dam my bads
gatta slap myself for that XD
Jul 4, 2009 10:21 PM

Feb 2009
ClearSinz said:
SpiralXWarrior said:

Well thats good and all but the point of anime is suppose to be entertaining which this is failing at hardcore. I mean think about it if this happened the first season of haruhi suzimiya it wouldnt have been anywhere near as popular as it is now. Instead of people going around saying how good it was they would be going around saying "Hey remember that really crappy show where they aired like 3 almost identical episodes in a row?" "Oh yea i remember that it was called something like The melancholy of something or another ,oh well it was to crappy for me to remember anyway"
Jul 4, 2009 10:48 PM
Mar 2009
i swear to Haruhi (GOD) if i see this episode again one more time and nothing changes...
ima stop watching it and give it a 0/10 for unoriginality...
sheesh watching this 3 times over and over isnt funny except with mikuru's call in the middle of the night, and yuki's different masks

is it just me or are the clothings and stuff like that always different?

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Jul 4, 2009 11:10 PM
Sep 2008
I do not understand why so many people complain about the episodes being almost the same. It shows perfectly how Yuki has to feel in that situation. In contrast to others here, I think of this also as very good entertainment. KyoAni will probably resolve this next epiosde or the one after that, I am sort of excited what Haruhi wants to do so badly that she resets time over and over again.
Jul 4, 2009 11:14 PM
Apr 2009
Nrvnqsr said:
I do not understand why so many people complain about the episodes being almost the same. It shows perfectly how Yuki has to feel in that situation. In contrast to others here, I think of this also as very good entertainment. KyoAni will probably resolve this next epiosde or the one after that, I am sort of excited what Haruhi wants to do so badly that she resets time over and over again.
You really can't understand? You're happy with watching the same episode with only different camera angles and outfits?
Jul 4, 2009 11:28 PM

Aug 2008
They're barely even doing different camera angles with this episode. The star-gazing scene felt like it was almost copy-pasted with different clothes.
Jul 5, 2009 12:17 AM

Aug 2008
Hakoria said:
I love the reactions I've seen in this topic.

Episode gets 5/5 from me just for that.

I lol'ed when i read that it's the same episode.
I lol'ed at the angry reactions.
I watched the episode - lol'ed.
And then i lol'ed some more when i read another 5 pages of angry rants.
Jul 5, 2009 1:19 AM
Sep 2008
Bladecatcher said:
You really can't understand? You're happy with watching the same episode with only different camera angles and outfits?

Yes, I cannot. Watching almost the same over and over is an interesting experience I have not had up till now in anime and I am happy about it for the reason I mentioned. This method gives you a glimpse of Nagato's feelings and is entertaining for its unusalness.
Jul 5, 2009 1:25 AM

Sep 2007
Well, I don't need them to show me the same episode twice for me to be able to understand Nagato's feelings. I've been in school long enough to know how it is to do the same things over and over again...
Jul 5, 2009 2:39 AM

Jun 2009
okay well,
i just read the Endless Eight chapter in the light novels
even though i'd earlier swore that i would not read spoilers, but 3 episodes was more than enough to boost my curiosity level
and i was all
Jul 5, 2009 3:51 AM

Aug 2007
player88 said:
This episode was <classified information>

enough of this please. it better stops at next ep soon.
i'm looking forward to what kyon will do to stop this though.

Jul 5, 2009 8:36 AM

Sep 2008
First 3 minutes was like "wtf?" but in the end i really enjoy this episode. I'm looking forward to next episode.
"In 2009, in a survey asking its respondents "which manga do you think is the most interesting?" in a pool of 6000, Kuso Miso Technique came at 11th, beating popular manga such as Gintama and Detective Conan." Wiki
Jul 5, 2009 11:03 AM

Jul 2008
I gotta admit I'm not loving a repeat of the same scenes over and over again, but I don't think it's as bad as most people are bitching about. It is ENDLESS eight and it is Kyoani so naturally they would make it be endless.

And I think people should stop complaining that this and that isn't going to be animated. Just because this is a new season, doesn't mean that they're going to put ever single novel that has come out since last season into this one. With the massive popularity that Haruhi has, it's pretty obvious that ever novel is going to end up getting animated. Sure, it may take 10 or 20 years, but it's gonna happen.
Jul 5, 2009 11:09 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
disliked it. cuz same ep almost.. wasent that fun.. next ep shouldnt be like that(at least i hope)
Jul 5, 2009 11:23 AM

Dec 2008
Oh my god.
Oh my god.

This is KyoAni's worse/best troll ever.

****...the last scene before the ED came on, I was hoping, just DIEING for Kyon to just take Haruhi & kiss her or something, but oh my god, Only, ONLY KyoAnimation could get away with this.

I feel VERY sorry for the people in the future who will watch this Anime, you know, like episodes back to back, it will be 1 hour 20mins+ or utter hell lol.

Actually scrap that, I don't feel sorry at all, I CAN'T WAIT LOL

~Abs
Jul 5, 2009 12:00 PM

Dec 2007
i liked last episode a lot more... i guess it's enough of this deja vu feeling... i so curious of how Kyon is getting out of this situation...
Jul 5, 2009 12:19 PM

Dec 2008
Abmanju said:
I feel VERY sorry for the people in the future who will watch this Anime, you know, like episodes back to back, it will be 1 hour 20mins+ or utter hell lol.

1. They will skim through
2. They won't mind
3. They'll drop

I watched episode 2, 3 and 4 in a row yesterday; I had no problem doing so and I think I enjoyed it far more since I didn't have the "Lol, another week and the same ep again" reaction others did.
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Jul 5, 2009 12:47 PM

Nov 2007
if they end it this week we still have time to adapt sighs and it would look like this:

Endless Eight - ep 12
Endless Eight - ep13
Endless Eight - ep14
Endless Eight - ep 15
Sighs part 1 - ep 16
Sighs part 2 - ep 17
Sighs part 3 - ep 18
Mikuru episode 00 - ep 19
Live Alive - ep 20
Computer Game - ep 21
Someday in the Rain - ep 22
Disapearance I - ep 23
Disapearance II - ep 24
Disapearance III - ep 25
Disapearance IV - ep 26
Disapearance V - ep 27
Disapearance VI - ep 28

cmon KyoAni, you can still redeem yourselves and turn this into an ever better season than the first IF you end it NOW! if not I give up ;_;
Jul 5, 2009 1:03 PM

Dec 2008
I'm going to be an amazing prophet.

This endless eight thing WILL be EIGHT episodes long =O
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jul 5, 2009 1:56 PM

Mar 2008
OMG, don't tell there is going to be a fourth episode for this arc, since Kyon didn't solve the problem ? It's really starting to become cheap...
Jul 5, 2009 1:57 PM

May 2008
In any case, it's well worth the response I've seen here. ^.^
Jul 5, 2009 1:59 PM

Jun 2009
Abmanju said:
Oh my god.
Oh my god.

This is KyoAni's worse/best troll ever.

****...the last scene before the ED came on, I was hoping, just DIEING for Kyon to just take Haruhi & kiss her or something, but oh my god, Only, ONLY KyoAnimation could get away with this.

~Abs

I felt exactly the same!!! It was frustrating to see the episode ending, and Kyon not caring to do anything to stop the loop...

In fact, his last words in this episode almost seemed to be some kind of "Take that" to the viewers.

Anyways, I don't want to spoil the things for you, but don't think the Endless Eight will end that way. After reading the light novels, I discovered that the reason behind the loop is something far more meaningless.
Jul 5, 2009 3:45 PM
Dec 2007
Charliehsv said:
Hahahahahahahaha, I can't wait to see the reactions of people to this episode.
Man, they have balls for pulling this off like they do, respect for that.

Exactly, for that, and for pissing off all the fans and explicitly giving them a big "fuck you", I must say that I loved this episode. This series is really one that defies all logic (even proper editing and scriptwriting) and a vey unconventional one, which I like. Oh and there was a great buzz thanks to this episode, since there are more comments and blog posts for this single episode than for any other episode of Haruhi, first or second season. Great marketing skills there. After that, that the fans love it or hate is absolutely without consequence to KyoAni and Kadokawa I guess, and that's a risk worthy of some respect indeed.

HitoriTomoyo said:

This endless eight thing WILL be EIGHT episodes long =O

THAT would be awesome beyond words. But I think the chances of that happening are more than extremely low though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 5, 2009 3:54 PM

Jan 2009
Vexelius said:
After reading the light novels, I discovered that the reason behind the loop is something far more meaningless.

Its far from being Meaningless. If you actually readed the novels...

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 5, 2009 5:12 PM
Nov 2007
The true entertainment of this episode has nothing to do with the episode itself. It's all about watching the reactions to it, and all the NERDRAGE. Kyoani delivers!

(PS: Actually this episode only exists because Kyoani are obsessed with Beautiful Dreamer.)
Jul 5, 2009 5:13 PM

Nov 2007
Wow. The whole time I watched the episode I thought it was going to end this week. I was so mad when the episode ended and it wasn't solved. They have basically shown the same episode 3 times in a row with different clothing.
Jul 5, 2009 5:21 PM

Mar 2009
I hadn't read the novels... but I think the last episode was unnecessary D: it was almost the same that the Endless Eight part II o.o

Jul 5, 2009 5:29 PM

Oct 2008
The fact i thought i was watching the wrong episode is reason enough to be confused. PLEASE end next week.. i was bored out of my mind.
Jul 5, 2009 5:29 PM

May 2008
Bleh..
Jul 5, 2009 5:38 PM

Sep 2008
How many times are they going show this fucking episode.

Someone notify me when something new happens.
Jul 5, 2009 7:12 PM

Feb 2008
Sighhhh. Yet another one.

At least Endless Eight II had some differences from the first one, but this episode was exactly the same as last week's (except for a change in clothes of course).

I'm tired.

Though I never get tired of Itsuki saying 'I love~ you' or Mikuru's 'Kyon-kun~.'
Jul 5, 2009 9:20 PM
May 2008
I understand that this has its meaning in the story (since I've read the novels) but this is a bit much. They could of at least shortened the repeat scenes a little more... but overall still very enjoyable.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 5, 2009 9:21 PM
Mar 2009
alexcampos said:
02-07-2009 Endless Eight
09-07-2009 Endless Eight
16-07-2009 Endless Eight
23-07-2009 Endless Eight
30-07-2009 Endless Eight
06-08-2009 Endless Eight
13-08-2009 Endless Eight
20-08-2009 Endless Eight
27-08-2009 Endless Eight
03-09-2009 Endless Eight
10-09-2009 Endless Eight
17-09-2009 Endless Eight
24-09-2009 Endless Eight
01-10-2009 Endless Eight
08-10-2009 Endless Eight
15-10-2009 Endless Eight
22-10-2009 Endless Eight

This may turn out to be true, lol. I wonder how many fans this will lose if this did happen. Anyway, best troll episode ever, reps to KyoAni, I'm sure they'll resolve this next episode, so many of you people need to take a chill pill.
HaiShangJul 5, 2009 9:25 PM
Jul 5, 2009 11:37 PM

Oct 2007
HitoriTomoyo said:

This endless eight thing WILL be SEVENTEEN episodes long =O

Fixed it for you.
Jul 6, 2009 12:06 AM

Sep 2008
You can gradually see the results in the Poll from episode 2 being top rated to this episode with almost 100 users giving it a 1/5.

You guys can't handle this shit!

I am soo in the loop.
Jul 6, 2009 12:40 AM

Mar 2009
KyoAni = Master Troll
Jul 6, 2009 2:25 AM

Dec 2007
Next week will be Sighs.

KyoAni will hyper-troll and not finish Endless 8 until the end of the series.
Jul 6, 2009 2:50 AM

Jan 2009
Akakori said:
Next week will be Sighs.

KyoAni will hyper-troll and not finish Endless 8 until the end of the series.
I'll slit my throat if they do. Anyway they're airing the episodes on chronological order, would be dumb to leave a EE episode after the Dissapearance.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 6, 2009 2:59 AM
Apr 2009
Tamaki-san said:
I'll slit my throat if they do.

I call dibs on pics when it does happen.
Jul 6, 2009 3:26 AM

May 2008
I can picture Kyoani secretly laughing.
Jul 6, 2009 4:05 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, and we're in for another round. Haruhi <3 . 15500 seems like a good number to end things. Very nice outfits again, too.

[edit]: Haha, funny poll results. This is the best!

mel said:
You guys can't handle this shit!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 6, 2009 4:17 AM

Jul 2007
Oh, fuck you, KyoAni.
Jul 6, 2009 6:26 AM
Dec 2008
Wow giving us the exact same episode as the one before...
They could have speeded it up or w/e. Im loosing faith here.
Jul 6, 2009 6:50 AM

Dec 2007
Ahaha, this is hilarious. I was expecting reactions like this after the live stream was over, but still the way some of you get pissed of is just priceless. I love how this series always manages to stir things up in the anime community.

I wonder - how many else besides me have watched each of the endless eight episodes more than one time? And I never was bored once anyway. XD
yakisobapanJul 6, 2009 6:53 AM
Jul 6, 2009 7:18 AM

May 2008
It was a great episode, I don't even care if none of the dialog changed. The only real thing that surprised me is the huge negative feedback, it wasn't that bad, it was still changed slightly with different clothes each time, and different angles. The whole point to the episode is to show that you've only watched this happen 3 times, and if that's how you feel after 3 times, then you can just imagine now what 15,499 must really feel like.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1538 by Rhae »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

536 by Zucned »»
May 7, 2:46 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.