Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 21, 2014 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, I can't help but notice Hajime and her eating habits.

Some parts of this episode was dramatic I guess. A monster on the loose..oh boy. (idk why but that kinda reminds me of The Hulk in some ways) Such a cruel world ;.;

The fight was okay I guess, really fast paced.
Jan 21, 2014 9:33 AM

Nov 2007
School for "Minimum Holders". An society hates the inequality and created artificial holders to make scandal for it. Unfortunately, her son got made into artificial holder by a scientist. The police was a graduate, but not Minimum holder.

lol @ FukuJun x Nakamura-san pair. Oh, the main pair is top 1 and 2 of the graduates.

Wait, save who?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 21, 2014 10:21 AM

Jun 2009
art sat their with moral and nothing happened I soo thought he would make him the next victim but seems like he looks more for nice

also Birthday and Ratio like this ;D really a funny pair

love it soo far looking forward for the next ep

9/10
Jan 21, 2014 11:40 AM

Jan 2008
Feels like I'm just rewatching the Level Upper Arc from To Aru Railgun over.
Jan 21, 2014 11:42 AM

Dec 2010
Really over-the-top drama (wtf was that scene between Art and Shark-dude?? Art sure lost his cool easily) and the side characters are laughable.

The members of Hamatora are cool though, and I'm really digging their powers. I totally saw Nice being the top graduate coming from a mile away. I also replayed that scene of him jamming to music near the end, before attacking - very interesting animation at certain points in the episode.

Good enough to keep going... 3.5/5 for this episode
Jan 21, 2014 12:29 PM

Aug 2010
Nice really is a BA! Loved how he was acting this ep. Especially loved how he told Takahiro he looks cool. Pretty emotional with the ED playing along :*)

So his ability is so strong that he's considered legendary classified at that school?
And Murasaki is his teammate too. What a strong combo that is hehe.

Birthday and Ratio were so friggin hilarious with the fortune telling hahaha XD

I'm liking the antagonist. He's pretty awesomely twisted ^^...He's like a different version of Makishima (Psycho Pass)
Jan 21, 2014 12:39 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode, this whole innate Minimum thing is kind of creepy.

So Art graduated from the Minimum school even though he has no powers and he already knows who the killer is.
Jan 21, 2014 12:59 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Pknoctis said:
Really over-the-top drama (wtf was that scene between Art and Shark-dude???

I totally saw Nice being the top graduate coming from a mile away.

Yeah didn't really like that scene either, although I still got a little angry over what the shark guy was saying.

As for Nice being the top graduate, I agree that it was pretty obvious. Anyways, I'm glad that we're seeing who Nice is, especially with that scene at the end where he really understood what was going through Takahiro's mind, saying that he was cool.
Jan 21, 2014 1:15 PM
Apr 2013
These mutant power things tick me off alot of the time because I personally would be opposed to such a thing as it is way to risky to have these people walking around. And I also agreed with the Society people and it wasn't the society as a whole that was supporting mutant creation but just that one guy.
Oh and the voice actress for the head lady of the society thing that I am pretty sure did Takano Miyo is one of my favorite voices
Jan 21, 2014 1:16 PM

May 2013
Who do I get so hyped when Nice fights? >_>

This series has been awesome until now, well it was kinda obvious Nice was that Number 1 student prodigy,

I still want to know how Nice powers work <.<
Jan 21, 2014 1:19 PM

May 2013
Poor Takahiro having turned into that thing. Interesting that Art graduated from that school but has no abilities.
Jan 21, 2014 1:25 PM

May 2010
the middle part was sooo terrible..ugh

2/5 getting worse every episode.
Jan 21, 2014 1:27 PM

Jul 2013
Paul said:
Feels like I'm just rewatching the Level Upper Arc from To Aru Railgun over.

Haha yeah same here

Art graduated from the Facultas Academy, without any abilities. Fascinating.
Also, Nice was "the genius who was the top graduate of the Facultas Academy", which Murasaki, 2nd to him. I'm not surprised though. Saw that coming.

Poor Takahiro though :(
Jan 21, 2014 1:30 PM

Nov 2012
Wow so Nice is the #1 graduate. That speed of sound power is really cool.
Jan 21, 2014 1:38 PM

Oct 2011
Now I want to know more about Nice, Murasaki, and Art's time at the Facility.

Nice being nice to Takahiro T___T.

Oh damn dat Mora guy wants to save Nice???? Eh!!!
Jan 21, 2014 1:54 PM
Jun 2013
I predicted that Art was actually the #1 graduate. But I guess I was wrong :'(

Unless PLOT TWIST.
tbch I kind of hope that happens though. It would add dimension to the story.
Jan 21, 2014 2:09 PM

Nov 2013
Alright, now this is going somewhere. Finally interested in the anime.
Jan 21, 2014 2:12 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Barion-Zara said:
I'm liking the antagonist. He's pretty awesomely twisted ^^...He's like a different version of Makishima (Psycho Pass)
Haha same here, except IMO he has a little Orochimaru (Naruto) in him as well XP
Jan 21, 2014 2:29 PM

Jul 2011
Can't figure out of I like Nice's character or not. >___<

I love his power though. ;)
Jan 21, 2014 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty good episode.

Nice is so badass in this episode.

I'm glad that Nice and the police officers didn't kill Takahiro.
Jan 21, 2014 3:16 PM

Nov 2012
Kept thinking about Psycho-Pass while watching this.That one white haired guy reminds me of Makishima and his interaction with Art reminds me of how Makishima and Kougami interacted too.

Surprised Nice was #1 I thought it was going to be the white haired villain.
Jan 21, 2014 3:24 PM

Mar 2011
This is by far the best episode! It was pretty much obvious who it'd be when they mentioned No.1 graduate. And towards to end when Nice put the whistle on Takahira got me into tears D':
Seriously looking forward to the next episode~
Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
Jan 21, 2014 3:31 PM

Jan 2013
Nice's sound related power is still as confusing as ever. I'm not sure why it would warrant him being the #1 graduate. Is it his compatibility with the power? He seems pretty smart too so his position might just be a combination of smarts and brawn.

I'm not sure who the villain intends on saving. Was it Art who wanted power? Was it Hajime/Nice or was he just referring to the picture as his alternative?
Jan 21, 2014 3:49 PM

Oct 2013
I liked this episode

Nice was the #1 graduate and Art hasn't any Minimum ability but he still graduated

antagonist is pretty twisted though

Can't wait for more
Jan 21, 2014 4:01 PM
Jul 2012
I thought this was a good episode. It was interesting to see Moral actually talk and get some insight on his perspective on why he's doing all of this. His whole conversation with Art was a little unsettling but it was well done.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Jan 21, 2014 4:03 PM

Aug 2013
tingy said:
Pknoctis said:
Really over-the-top drama (wtf was that scene between Art and Shark-dude???

I totally saw Nice being the top graduate coming from a mile away.

Yeah didn't really like that scene either, although I still got a little angry over what the shark guy was saying.

As for Nice being the top graduate, I agree that it was pretty obvious. Anyways, I'm glad that we're seeing who Nice is, especially with that scene at the end where he really understood what was going through Takahiro's mind, saying that he was cool.

I totally agree. Nice was cool(: Takahiro too! Really nice episode ≧◠◡◠≦ ALTHOUGH I DO NOT AGREE YOUR COMMENT ABOUT THIS ANIME BEING "OVER THE TOP." I freaking love this anime<3
Jan 21, 2014 4:07 PM

Mar 2013
Humans often get jealous of others and in turn, get desperate and seeks more attention.
I'm not surprised that Nice was the highest top scored graduate of that Academy, and why the antagonist is interested in him.
TrizeptJan 21, 2014 4:11 PM
Jan 21, 2014 4:14 PM

May 2012
Epic episode. Nice and Murasaki are the two most bad ass people in the show. So we already know no ones stronger than Nice. The changing colors of the flames with Art emotions were great. After this episode, you just know things are going to get more crazy.
Jan 21, 2014 4:28 PM

Jun 2012
I totally knew Nice was the top graduate as soon as they said Murasaki was the second best. I just wonder why that long white haired guy wants to save Nice. I'm just taking a wild guess, but was Nice, or a friend or something like that Takahiro guy, cause Hajime said she knew what Takahiro was so I assumed it might be something like that. I don't know, I'm probably wrong.
Jan 21, 2014 4:39 PM

Sep 2012
Good episode. I love this OST. The fight with Nice against purple Hulk was amazing.
As some said, the white haired guy also reminds me of Makishima from Psycho-Pass
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jan 21, 2014 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
It's interesting that the guy's name is "Moral."
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 21, 2014 5:16 PM

Dec 2011
Following the series with interest! I think the last few minutes were the strongest of this episode, although my curiousity is piqued --

Can we be sure that in the last line of the episode that Moral was referring to Nice? Hajime was also in the picture, and the way he referred to the person was 'あの子'. If I'm not mistaken, this is a very generic way of referring to someone, no gender involved. So is it really Nice he is trying to save, or Hajime?
Jan 21, 2014 5:16 PM

Dec 2012
Wow Shizuo managed to hit Izaya with a vending machine in this episode! Oh whoops wrong anime. I meant Takahiro monster and Inspector Art. Cool episode nonetheless.
Jan 21, 2014 5:22 PM

Dec 2010
Stupendously bad writing, with some of the most laughable and forced exposition I've seen in a long time. Seriously, if you haven't seen it, go watch Darker Then Black instead. If you have, jut go re-watch it. This show is utterly derivative tripe.
Jan 21, 2014 5:26 PM
Jul 2013
Interesting episode.

What? But if we live that:
http://i41.tinypic.com/k485qq.jpg
Jan 21, 2014 5:38 PM

Dec 2012
I loved this episode so much yeah. and yes I agree with everyone that the antagonist reminds me of Makishima from Psycho Pass and that's just great. I just loved seeing those two guys sitting on one another during the fortune telling. ^////^
Jan 21, 2014 5:47 PM
Jul 2013
fking rights laddie!
nice ep
Jan 21, 2014 6:05 PM

May 2011
Meh, I'm becoming less and less entertained each episode. I guess I'll drop now. Simply not my cup of tea.
Jan 21, 2014 6:43 PM

Aug 2013
Hmm the drama was just bad. This episode was meant for us to sympathize with non-Minimum holders but I don't know why but I just got annoyed.

That whole long-name-organization versus Minimum holders had me thinking "oooh like an X-men plot!" The woman's son became a mutant reminded me of Angel's character only a bit different. It also reminded me of the Level Upper arc from Railgun. Hmm...

Well the action was good, the colors didn't hurt my eyes anymore and I was entertained so I guess I'll stick around.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 21, 2014 7:22 PM

Dec 2010
killer5264 said:
minescope said:
Nice's sound related power is still as confusing as ever. I'm not sure why it would warrant him being the #1 graduate. Is it his compatibility with the power? He seems pretty smart too so his position might just be a combination of smarts and brawn.

I'm not sure who the villain intends on saving. Was it Art who wanted power? Was it Hajime/Nice or was he just referring to the picture as his alternative?

Yeah, if you look back at episode two, you can see that he solved an entire question without showing his work, along with his compatibility of speed, the thing I'm interested with is his activation of powers, we can see every time he puts on his headphones his powers activate, sort of like the way in Darker than Black, while I see people like Murasaki doing it without requirements, but in episode two that brawn guy eating gum seemed to require it?

Anyway this episode was OK, it provided me with more questions too. I have to agree with that Nice being #1 graduate was obvious.
Murasaki has to take off his glasses lol. Unlike the remunerations required in Darker than Black, which is like paying for having used the power, in Hamatora, it's a requirement to ACTIVATE the power.
Jan 21, 2014 7:27 PM

Apr 2008
Ugh… I guessed wrong that Moral is the #1 graduate.

While enjoying the actions, I still can't feel comfortable with the story.
It's like... the writer is trying too hard to make a story that's like screaming out all the dissatisfied feeling of young teens in their rebelious age against the society.
Be free, down with the elites, fuck the rules, etc.
Not that story about those things are wrong, but the "trying too hard" part is.
nseikaJan 21, 2014 7:39 PM
Jan 21, 2014 7:34 PM

Oct 2013
jayvon said:
Wow so Nice is the #1 graduate. That speed of sound power is really cool.

Yeah
Jan 21, 2014 7:36 PM

Jul 2013
I knew I would love this.
All those usual themes I'm so amused by, and with a great MC just makes it better.
Jan 21, 2014 7:59 PM
Oct 2010
I wasn't too impressed. The professor guy is kinda stupid. If Art thinks he's guilty of something, can't he bring him in for questioning at least? Surely he could detain him for 24 hours. Lots of yawning plot holes. Seems like the plot of the series is getting more nonsensical, just an excuse to put in fight scenes and special effects or whatever. Nothing really makes any sense logically so far. Maybe things will be explained properly, but I'm becoming dubious.
Jan 21, 2014 8:23 PM

Sep 2013
Professor MORAL (get it? :D)
He does have his points, the weak ones (losers) disgusted by their weakness gang up on the strong ones (winners),they have won collectively but humans are selfish so they still feel inferior knowing they are nothing individually compared to the strong ones who have a guaranteed easy life and can get away with murder(the woman this episode ) so jealousy and hatred cause them to alienate and bully them losing sight that they're the same, human.
Takamiya wanted to prove he was strong, he achieved it for a moment but then he failed because he took the losers path.
At the end : The visible trap and invisible truth.
Who is right and who is wrong?
Change you perspective.
It maybe something else they want to portray but who knows.
ichii_1Jan 21, 2014 8:50 PM
Jan 21, 2014 9:03 PM

Jan 2013
killer5264 said:

Yeah, if you look back at episode two, you can see that he solved an entire question without showing his work, along with his compatibility of speed, the thing I'm interested with is his activation of powers, we can see every time he puts on his headphones his powers activate, sort of like the way in Darker than Black, while I see people like Murasaki doing it without requirements, but in episode two that brawn guy eating gum seemed to require it?

That totally slipped my mind, come to think of it, he was also getting As on whatever parameters they were testing on the facility.

The others have pretty straightforward requirements like Murasaki+glasses, Birthday+taser, Doctor guy+eyepatch. From what I saw of Nice, he has to be listening to music and he has to snap his fingers to.....initiate action? Control sound? Every time he snapped his fingers this episode, something happened like the windows getting broken, traveling at a fast speed, etc.
minescopeJan 21, 2014 9:12 PM
Jan 21, 2014 9:41 PM

Dec 2010
minescope said:
killer5264 said:

That totally slipped my mind, come to think of it, he was also getting As on whatever parameters they were testing on the facility.

The others have pretty straightforward requirements like Murasaki+glasses, Birthday+taser, Doctor guy+eyepatch. From what I saw of Nice, he has to be listening to music and he has to snap his fingers to.....initiate action? Control sound? Every time he snapped his fingers this episode, something happened like the windows getting broken, traveling at a fast speed, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PREr2oZK24
Jan 21, 2014 9:44 PM

Jan 2011
Just realised Nice's fight scenes with the trippy colours remind me of Jet Set Radio.
Jan 21, 2014 10:53 PM

Nov 2012
i sort of knew that nice would be the #1 graduate lol
not sure what to think of this series... not really sure where it's going. but it's interesting that there already was a confrontation between moral and the police, didn't expect that so soon.

and i couldn't help but think of f/sn berserker when watching that minimum holder guy lol
Jan 21, 2014 11:59 PM

Jul 2013
Well I kinda knew that it was Nice who scored the highest in that Facultas..

seriously the only thing I don't like in this anime are the colors.. it changes when there's a fight scene and its irritating in my eye.. the rest is great.. every episode the story were interesting..
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

262 by Mishiia »»
Mar 1, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2014

105 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 22, 2023 7:26 PM

» Does anyone else think this anime is very shallow?

7EJh77b - Dec 7, 2015

4 by BreakApart »»
Sep 3, 2022 11:44 AM

» Worth Watching?

_txhsin__ - Jun 1, 2022

8 by Kibbi500 »»
Jun 3, 2022 9:46 AM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

221 by HorikitaNemesis »»
Nov 18, 2020 4:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.