Forum Settings
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2014 10:51 AM

Dec 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was quite interesting. I don't know if I've said this before, but Aku no Hana can have a chapter where nothing crazy happens and it would still be exciting.

I wrote a summary again; sorry if it's a bit long:

Translation of the caption on the last page:

Kasuga believed until that moment.
He believed that he would be able to get away from that ocean of shit eaters, together with Nakamura.
Time has passed, and he wants to hear the answer directly from Nakamura's mouth.
That is Kasuga's determination.
JovyJan 8, 2014 11:27 AM
Jan 8, 2014 1:04 PM

Oct 2009
A slow chapter, with no reveales whatsoever, but it was still pretty exciting to read.
It looks like Nakamura went under some sort of treatment. Either that, or she's playing it.
Jan 8, 2014 3:02 PM

Dec 2012
mwp said:
A slow chapter, with no reveales whatsoever, but it was still pretty exciting to read.
It looks like Nakamura went under some sort of treatment. Either that, or she's playing it.

Hmm, but then Nakamura isn't the type to pretend to be good; that's the same as submitting to the expectations of the people around her. She just doesn't strike me as the type to submit.

I'm thinking she just grew up. She's definitely not sorry about her past, but she put it all behind her, which in itself is cruel enough to be characteristic of her old self.

Sorry, I know it's your opinion but I'm just sharing mine too for discussion :)
^lol just noticed that I say sorry in like all my posts.. That's a Canadian for you.
Jan 9, 2014 5:23 AM

Oct 2009
Jovy said:
Hmm, but then Nakamura isn't the type to pretend to be good; that's the same as submitting to the expectations of the people around her. She just doesn't strike me as the type to submit.

I'm thinking she just grew up. She's definitely not sorry about her past, but she put it all behind her, which in itself is cruel enough to be characteristic of her old self.

Sorry, I know it's your opinion but I'm just sharing mine too for discussion :)
^lol just noticed that I say sorry in like all my posts.. That's a Canadian for you.
No reason to be sorry about anything really, without discussions we wouldn't be getting anywhere in life.

As for Nakamura, there wasn't a whole lot of dialogue to this chapter, but I still tried to make the best of the little she said. However, it was vague as it gets, and I don't think I ever truly got a grasp on her personality, there's no guarantee at all that I'd be right about her.

There's no way I'd get offended about something like that, a simple argument. If she got over it and grew up, that's completely fine aswell. That'd be the clean way to finalize her character, too. But the pacing of this manga has been pretty slow recently, and that makes me feel like we may be approaching a sort of final complication before Oshimi can close it off.
We shall see.

Spider-titan55 said:
Link
There was a rough translation in an /a/ thread yesterday, however I don't think it got uploaded anywhere and I don't know how articles work, or if it's still available. Proper scanlation release probably in a few days.
Jan 9, 2014 5:37 AM

Dec 2009
Slightly anticlimactic, but it was still rather intense... not really what I expected.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 20, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2012
Finally, we got to see her again ! It was... Wow.
Jan 23, 2014 6:22 PM
Jul 2012
I really think that Nakamaru just started to live her life like "she was supposed to live". It's not like she has "grown up" or she "accept the shit that she'd done". It really seems to be: "Hey, i'm trying to leave peacefully, because i wouldn't be able to live my hole life just arguing with the shitbugs"

Look how he decided to change people's personality. Kasuga was still a retard, but he's much more shy than before. Saeki turned out to be a bitch. In the past, she wasn't able to make Kasuga fall in love with her again. In her first failure, she changed herself. Kasuga made all his friends hate him. He had to even move from town. But, what was the change of Nakamura? We don't know exactly. Her only friend was Kasuga, so... When she's lost Kasuga, she's lost everything and now know the feeling of "losing someone"?

There's a lot of probability, and the most certain thing is: Oshimi will fuckin surprise me.
Jan 25, 2014 1:27 AM

Jan 2014
JonnyGuio said:
I really think that Nakamaru just started to live her life like "she was supposed to live". It's not like she has "grown up" or she "accept the shit that she'd done". It really seems to be: "Hey, i'm trying to leave peacefully, because i wouldn't be able to live my hole life just arguing with the shitbugs"

Look how he decided to change people's personality. Kasuga was still a retard, but he's much more shy than before. Saeki turned out to be a bitch. In the past, she wasn't able to make Kasuga fall in love with her again. In her first failure, she changed herself. Kasuga made all his friends hate him. He had to even move from town. But, what was the change of Nakamura? We don't know exactly. Her only friend was Kasuga, so... When she's lost Kasuga, she's lost everything and now know the feeling of "losing someone"?

There's a lot of probability, and the most certain thing is: Oshimi will fuckin surprise me.

i understand thoroughly your assessment of the chapter i feel the same way.

"with that's left behind her in the past will only lead to kasuga asking why did i do all of that just for nothing." well if she did changed.
and besides, he swear to himself he'll make her happy no matter what, thinking she was all alone... Nakamura changing will only lead to him thinking he was left behind living a lie for the very last few years of his life after all she did for her.
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jan 27, 2014 4:17 PM
Mar 2011
And now we wait. Again. I can't be the only one who thought it would have been good to end differently back at that festival, right? To make a statement that sometimes life sucks and there's nothing you can do to fix it.

If it ends with "I grew up" that ruins the whole concept of this series. In fact, that might make this my most hated series of all time if they go that route.
Jan 31, 2014 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
I'm curious about his response to that question tbh. It wasn't as intense as I had thought but the mood was still there.

"Long time no see" indeed..
Jan 31, 2014 11:38 AM
Mar 2012
Sawa is much calmer than I thought, I wonder what her answer will be though to his question
Feb 1, 2014 12:46 AM

Sep 2011
It was sort of an in between bridge chapter but still pretty tense. I like his gf so much better - she is upfront about things - I don't think she wants secrets or things left undone.
Feb 5, 2014 1:01 PM

Aug 2012
it gets so boring when u just read 5 minutes every 3-6 weeks
Feb 9, 2014 3:37 AM

Jun 2013
So annoying how they ended on a cliff hanger AGAIN. Now we have to wait for the chapter to be released then it to be translated, which takes about 6 weeks. So annoying.
Feb 12, 2014 9:17 PM

May 2013
It had to end at a cliffhanger. I really want to know her answer.
Feb 15, 2014 8:13 PM
May 2013
It was okay.

I thought Nakamura would still be hyper, eccentric like she used to be. I really that side of her. :(
Feb 17, 2014 9:45 PM

Sep 2011
Intensity in the air! Wonder what her reply will be!
Apr 16, 2014 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
Good chapter. Very tense. Will there be a calm ending
May 25, 2014 9:15 AM
May 2012
I need to eat my dinner......
Dec 1, 2014 12:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nakamura looks like she's either broken away from her previous life, or she's under heavy medication. But she grew up gorgeous to be sure. Her character design is so pretty.

I'm glad Tokiwa was there to push things along. Kasuga is not much of a problem solver and would have probably left after the mother asked them too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 8, 2016 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
Nakamura looks so hot. So, I hope the manga doesn't end on a happy note.
Mar 10, 2016 3:32 AM

Oct 2012
Jeycopp said:
it gets so boring when u just read 5 minutes every 3-6 weeks

That's why I try to avoid mangas which aren't finished.
Jul 21, 2016 6:22 PM

Jan 2016
I feel like this could've ended sooner. But i know that it's approaching its end
Nov 24, 2016 6:15 AM

Jan 2013
Hmm I feel like nothing happened to her in the last 2 years besides her being away from Kasuga and accepting she has to live a "boring normal" life.

Tokiwa chipping in for Kasuga.
May 4, 2017 12:05 AM

Mar 2015
haha.... well that was pretty weird of Nakamura.

Aug 16, 2017 6:35 PM

Feb 2017
The fact that she looks a lot like Saeki now is a really nice touch. I'm seeing a lot of personal transformations and attractions that say a lot about each character's deeper desires.
Jan 5, 2020 8:40 PM

May 2015
Nakamura just seems so different now. Like we're seeing a lobotomized form of her. It's strange, but I'm still happy to see her. I suppose she's matured and is living a peaceful life, which is good. It was a bit surprising that her mom asked Kasuga if he could please leave her alone, but it's also understandable. I'm even more surprised by Tokiwa's behavior tho. After Nakamura tells Kasuga to sit down and eat and then walks off, Tokiwa goes after her to ask if she'll speak with Kasuga in private. She agrees and tells them to meet her later by the beach. Kasuga finally takes the opportunity to ask Nakamura why she pushed him off of the float when they had decided to die together. I look forward to hearing what she has to say about it.
Jul 4, 2021 11:57 AM

Jan 2020
Seems like Nakamura will probably still spout out about the "other side"...
Nov 16, 2022 10:28 AM

Aug 2018
It is time to talk about that moment.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KitKatKaz - Jun 6, 2013

82 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2013

31 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 37 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 2, 2013

31 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Explicitz - May 14, 2012

85 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 25 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 14, 2012

38 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 8:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.