Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2009 12:35 AM

Jul 2008
Chibi Nagisa. I actually like Okazaki, I don't want him to stay this way obviously, but this is a good point in his life for his character, it will make for a great transition later on in the series. Loved the episode.
Feb 8, 2009 5:55 AM

Feb 2008
This was a good episode. They didn't spend any time with him moping around or anything and went right ahead. Had a nice mixture of sadness and happiness in this episode too. Okazaki seems a bit different, but that's to be expected. Either way, I like his character.

I actually feel upset about having to wait another 4-5 days or so until the next episode.
Feb 8, 2009 6:01 AM

Apr 2007
Veronin said:
This was a good episode. They didn't spend any time with him moping around or anything and went right ahead. Had a nice mixture of sadness and happiness in this episode too. Okazaki seems a bit different, but that's to be expected. Either way, I like his character.

I actually feel upset about having to wait another 4-5 days or so until the next episode.
exactly!
you haters should understand that if I were in his position I'd put my daughter under the care of the grand-parents as well. He is just not mentally prepared to be a father. Forcing him to be a father like most of you say "neglecting his daughter" is actually a bad idea.

Feb 8, 2009 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
Aww... Nagisa must've meant the world to him for him to fall into depression that much :(
Poor Ushio. She's so darn cute, btw x3

yakyuu-addict said:
Chibi Nagisa. I actually like Okazaki, I don't want him to stay this way obviously, but this is a good point in his life for his character, it will make for a great transition later on in the series. Loved the episode.

QFT.
Feb 8, 2009 7:23 AM

Jan 2009
wolfsrainXD said:
Aww... Nagisa must've meant the world to him for him to fall into depression that much :(
Poor Ushio. She's so darn cute, btw x3

yakyuu-addict said:

QFT.

QFT.
Feb 8, 2009 8:28 AM

Jul 2008
yakyuu-addict said:

Basically. Ushio is quite possibly the epitome of cute, so much so that it isn't funny. Or it may just be hilarious, I'm not sure which. I'm kind of glad we skipped emo Tomoya though. Like, very glad. I'm rather happy that I waited to watch this for a bit too, 'cause if I watched this a few days back I'd be going insane over the next week.

Hoping Fuko coming back is a slightly less, well Fuko, Fuko. And I can't wait to see more Kyou again. I also quite liked the transition to the ED, as soon as it panned to her legs, the first thing I said was, "Oooohhh....". Yeap.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Feb 8, 2009 9:39 AM

Jul 2007
Ushio has Nagisa's looks but not her personality. She's probably what like Tomoya was like as a kid before his dad... oh hey, everything came full circle didn't it :P

Anyway, I'm glad Tomoya wasn't in as much of a rut as I thought he would be. I thought he would just hate being around Ushio. He is in a down mood, and he isn't exactly father of the year, but given his situation and current state of mind I think he did just fine.

They're both in an awkward state. Having not seen Ushio since her birth, it has to be incredibly difficult for Tomoya to recognize and treat Ushio as his daughter, and likewise it must be difficult for Ushio to recognize Tomoya as her father. Assuming they stay in contact from here on in, things should get better. It's agonizing, sure, but its necessary.

At least Tomoya was smart enough to leave Ushio in the care of people who would take care of her. Despite appearing negligent, that really was a very good thing for her.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Feb 8, 2009 10:49 AM

Sep 2008
Quite the depressing episode in my opinion, father and daugher strangers to each others just made me sad, so I really really hope they will get on better terms of knowing each others from this point on..

And Ushio is so adoreable!
Feb 8, 2009 11:04 AM

May 2008
didn't expect Tomoya to be such an irresponsible father, especially after the promises he made to Nagisa. Understandably he's been depressed and frustrated, but... meh.... I guess crying pooping babies would not have sent the right message so we skip to cute toddler form instead. ^^

I am a banana.
Feb 8, 2009 11:07 AM

Aug 2007
Splitter said:

At least Tomoya was smart enough to leave Ushio in the care of people who would take care of her. Despite appearing negligent, that really was a very good thing for her.

qft.
Genix said:

Hell he could had raised her and started over with a new partner (say Sakagami or Kotomi)... :S

This would have been so wrong... ;)
Feb 8, 2009 12:31 PM

Sep 2008
Ushio Is SOOOOOOOO ****in Cute/Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd kick Tomoya ass If he yell at my kid like that (in the Preview) Then adopt his daughter!
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Feb 8, 2009 2:48 PM

Aug 2008
I guess it will be normal for him to act like that. However, he still has responsibilities to take care of especially taking care of his own daughter.

Feb 8, 2009 3:02 PM

May 2008
Genix said:
Hell he could had raised her and started over with a new partner (say Sakagami or Kotomi)... :S

No offense but this sounds very stupid... After they sworn to each other on eternal love he should go after someone else... Not logical

It was to expect that it would turn out like this, but I was hoping that he won't do the same mistake coz of his "hate" towards his father... Well, like father, like son...
The best solution would be that he found a reason to live in his daughter, who was everything that Nagisa ever wanted, but I guess Ushio reminded him of Nagisa too much for him to bear..
Oh and one question.. What do you think, does Ushio knows that Tomoya is her father? I haven't had the feeling she knows... =/

Feb 8, 2009 3:22 PM

Dec 2008
Ushio is such a cute little girl...
i would be happy to be her dad unlike tomoya does.
god damn, i dont like him at the moment!

i miss nagisa, it would have been so much fun with her around (like Itazura no kiss, last episodes) T_T"
Feb 8, 2009 4:12 PM

Oct 2008
Nijo said:
Genix said:

No offense but this sounds very stupid... After they sworn to each other on eternal love he should go after someone else... Not logical

Umm, people who lose their spouse get remarried. Realistically, I think you saying that a man in his mid 20's never being with someone again is a little illogical. I know it doesn't make for a good drama story, but it could happen. I'd hope he gets together with Tomoyo or Kyou. He'd have to move far from Ushio's grandparents to be with Kotomi.
Feb 8, 2009 4:28 PM

Jan 2009
I was sorta hoping deep in my heart Nagisa was still alive :[. I guess I'll deal with Ushio though XD. Watching the beginning of episode 17 I was here thinking, "Of all people, I would expect him to be the last to be like his father". So I guess I was kinda disappointed with what happened, but hey... I guess it's all part of the story
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Feb 8, 2009 4:33 PM
Oct 2007
i'm still feeling some of the lingering after-effects from episode 16. ushio is damn cute though.

as for tomoya to move onto another relationship, I think nagisa's death really hit him hard, especially considering how special their relationship was (how it came about, how it moved forwards etc). It's pretty obvious he hasn't found closure from it yet.

I don't think also that he should have any 'obvious' parings..it just screams fanboy talk! :D
Feb 8, 2009 4:42 PM

Aug 2008
5-year-old Ushio is too cute! >_<
She looks like Nagisa but sounds like Tomoya!
Feb 8, 2009 5:24 PM

May 2008
ironchefflip said:
Nijo said:
Genix said:

Umm, people who lose their spouse get remarried. Realistically, I think you saying that a man in his mid 20's never being with someone again is a little illogical. I know it doesn't make for a good drama story, but it could happen. I'd hope he gets together with Tomoyo or Kyou. He'd have to move far from Ushio's grandparents to be with Kotomi.

I know it can happen, but that would be totally stupid coz face it,animes are boring if they are realistic... In my opinion these last few episodes Tomoya should go to court with Furukawa's over custody on Ushio... Would you watch that...
I said that coz if story is involving around Nagisa's and Tomoya's relationship and it won't change, no matter how desperately KyoxTomo, TomoxTomo fans would like it
Feb 8, 2009 5:53 PM

Apr 2007
niwasatou said:
I thought her voice was perfect. She's not a clone of Nagisa after all.
So adorable.. I love her attitude.

THIS.

Ushio ftw.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Feb 8, 2009 6:00 PM

May 2008
nihil said:
niwasatou said:
I thought her voice was perfect. She's not a clone of Nagisa after all.
So adorable.. I love her attitude.

THIS.

Ushio ftw.

"I have to pee."
"Go ahead."
"Did it."

xD
Feb 8, 2009 6:40 PM

Jan 2009
Nijo said:

"I have to pee."
"Go ahead."
"Did it."

xD

Lol, I love how she's told not to play with the turtle while the glue drys but she still does anyways XD
--Amagami SS
Feb 8, 2009 6:47 PM

May 2008
It was so funny to me how she was hiding all the time and Tomoya said to her "Are you trying to hide? Coz I can totally see you"

I can't wait for the next episode.. That freaking preview with Ushio crying just made me more fired up about ep 18
Feb 8, 2009 7:20 PM

Jun 2008
Ushio didn't wash her hands after going potty :O
Feb 8, 2009 7:26 PM

May 2008
ZOMG!!!! D:
That can't be true!!!

If she can do it all by herself she can wash her hands I guess >.>
Feb 8, 2009 8:37 PM

Jan 2009
Haha, I noticed that too when I watched it. I like how she just eats a bowl of rice with seasoning and ignores Tomoya's cooking. Lol
--Amagami SS
Feb 8, 2009 8:38 PM

May 2008
Nymphetamine2791 said:
Haha, I noticed that too when I watched it. I like how she just eats a bowl of rice with seasoning and ignores Tomoya's cooking. Lol

Although I'm irritated when little kids leave their food without touching it... >.>
Feb 8, 2009 8:58 PM

Jan 2009
How could you possibly be irritated at such a cute little girl who can barely hold her spoon up to her mouth XD?
--Amagami SS
Feb 8, 2009 9:05 PM

May 2008
Don't try and make me feel guilty now!!!! >.>
Feb 8, 2009 10:00 PM

Jan 2009
Given whether it's either us or Ushio, that fried rice didn't look all too good either :P OMG, I just remembered how Ushio says "Itadakimasu", one of the cutest things I've ever heard. Lol
--Amagami SS
Feb 8, 2009 11:23 PM

Nov 2007
Ushio!!!~ so cute :3, kind of made me forget Nagisa but some memory of her still lingers, wonder where Okazaki will go from here, lets hope for more interaction and fatherly love for Ushio ^^
Feb 9, 2009 12:31 AM

Sep 2008
I am still Waiting on Fuko!/Fu-chan ^_^
Feb 9, 2009 3:06 AM

Jan 2008
So mooooooe~!

Oh Tomoya is such a prick =.=
Feb 9, 2009 5:27 AM

Feb 2008
I wonder if anybody else thinks that the post-school episodes are awesome. I've been completely hooked since the school episodes ended. Not that they were bad either though.
Feb 9, 2009 10:00 AM

Dec 2008
Veronin said:
I wonder if anybody else thinks that the post-school episodes are awesome. I've been completely hooked since the school episodes ended. Not that they were bad either though.

they sure are, i also like them a tiny bit more then the school related episodes (thats why clannad got a 9 and AF a 10) but overall, clannad is just an awesome show that manages to move me in an emotional way unlike mostly other did before!
Feb 9, 2009 11:57 AM

May 2008
Am I the only one who gets pissed off to no end when people type things like "Ushio-Chan kawaiiii!"

Reminds me of Jap 101 when the self proclaimed Otaku used to butcher japanese sentences with words like desu which they pronounced "DAY SUE".

Maybe I'm going a bit overboard....

Let me just ask one thing. To those ppl saying "UshioChan kawaiiiiii", can you say "UshioChan wasn't cute" in Japanese?

If you can't, please stop saying things when you don't know how to use them.

There is NOTHING wrong with saying "Ushio is cute!", saying it in english does not make you any less of an anime fan.

Feb 9, 2009 12:00 PM

Aug 2008
TuXeyM11 said:
Am I the only one who gets pissed off to no end when people type things like "Ushio-Chan kawaiiii!"

Reminds me of Jap 101 when the self proclaimed Otaku used to butcher japanese sentences with words like desu which they pronounced "DAY SUE".

Maybe I'm going a bit overboard....

Let me just ask one thing. To those ppl saying "UshioChan kawaiiiiii", can you say "UshioChan wasn't cute" in Japanese?

If you can't, please stop saying things when you don't know how to use them.

There is NOTHING wrong with saying "Ushio is cute!", saying it in english does not make you any less of an anime fan.

OFT
Feb 9, 2009 12:59 PM

Jan 2009
Veronin said:

I know what you mean, it's exciting to watch the lives of everyone after school. It's like turning the page in a story that's really good.
--Amagami SS
Feb 9, 2009 4:02 PM

Jun 2008
I saw no resemblance between Ushio and Tomoya.
All I saw was a mini-Nagisa.

O_o
Feb 9, 2009 4:32 PM

Jan 2009
Here's a gif I made of Ushio

VinhsterrrFeb 9, 2009 6:55 PM
Feb 9, 2009 6:13 PM

Nov 2007
I can only hope my future daughter is as cute as Ushio. <3
Feb 9, 2009 6:38 PM

Jul 2008
I've been waiting for this episode since I first heard they were animating "After Story" and Kyoto followed through just like I knew they would. Ushio is so adorable. I thought the cutest part was when she said "itadakimasu" all slow. She did all those adorable things kids do.

I don't see why everyone's being harsh on Tomoya. I mean, every person handles a tragedy in a different way. He's not just like his father. I don't recall him hitting Ushio, he's just distant with her. She looks just like Nagisa. It probably hurts him just to look at her. Most people may see it as she's his new reason to live, but he's so blinded with grief he doesn't see it that way.

And besides if Tomoya and Ushio were a perfect little family the whole point of "After Story" and not to mention "Clannad" in general would be less impacting than what's probably to come in the next 7 episodes.
Feb 9, 2009 8:24 PM

Aug 2008
Ushio's cute!!! I would so hug her out of the cuteness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2009 7:48 AM

Sep 2008
We need Fuko!!!!!!!
Feb 10, 2009 2:38 PM

Oct 2007
Ushio is adorable, but depressed!cold!Tomoya was totally breaking my heart :'D Even his voice sounds more harsh!
Feb 10, 2009 5:42 PM

Aug 2008
Mario1-7 said:
We need Fuko!!!!!!!
Feb 11, 2009 12:27 AM

Nov 2007
Fuko is like the worst character, I'm not sure people could look forward to her return. anyway the ushio/tomoya relationship will be becoming interesting. not sure how the remaining eps will be spent with a good ammount left. depends on the timing I guess.
Feb 11, 2009 5:59 AM

Aug 2008
Fuko's the only character besides Sunohara that I like, and the only well developed character in the whole show besides maybe Tomoya.
Feb 11, 2009 8:43 AM
Feb 2009
The new episode has been aired!!!

http://www.jucaa.com/video/2101387/clannad-after-story-episode-18-ends-earth

I cant find it tough :'( btw its about 2 - 3 hours since i posted it said it was aired, before that it was an countdown!

Note me if you find the new episode!
Feb 11, 2009 3:28 PM

Jul 2008
Loli Alert, I Repeat Loli Alert
in the last Episode Did Nagisa Die, Where Did She Go?
Itsn't Complete Without Her. I WANT TO KNOW!!!! NOW
xbox : Okami Sphere
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

725 by H8trs »»
Yesterday, 9:37 AM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.