Forum Settings
Forums

Anime 'Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya' to Have Second Season

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 13, 2013 4:12 PM
May 2012
Progeusz said:
TonyTin said:
It seems MAL is still running with the "Magical Girl anime without a dark plot and complex, deep characters with dark pasts? This anime is shit. 1/10 GG"
It's just Western fans being stupid and hating anything with cute girls.
Stop trying to blame Madoka for everything, that's not the case here in the slightest.

so there are people who dislike cute girls doing cute things ergo moe and still watch anime these days?
Sep 13, 2013 4:22 PM

Aug 2012
Raphow said:
Progeusz said:
TonyTin said:
It seems MAL is still running with the "Magical Girl anime without a dark plot and complex, deep characters with dark pasts? This anime is shit. 1/10 GG"
It's just Western fans being stupid and hating anything with cute girls.
Stop trying to blame Madoka for everything, that's not the case here in the slightest.

so there are people who dislike cute girls doing cute things ergo moe and still watch anime these days?

nope, there are people who can't seem to understand that other people have a different opinion.
Sep 13, 2013 4:28 PM

Jul 2007
YEEEEEEEES. I'm so happy. The first season was SUPERB. <3
Sep 13, 2013 4:37 PM

Aug 2010
Yes!! Can't wait to see Gilgamesh.
Sep 13, 2013 4:43 PM

Nov 2011
I was NOT expecting to enjoy this show as much as I did. Between this and Heaven's Feel, I'm in Fate Universe heaven!
Sep 13, 2013 4:49 PM

Feb 2008
This Fate franchise is never going to end, is it? An entire decade now and they're still at it.
Sep 13, 2013 5:23 PM

Sep 2012
YES! I love this show more than Fate/Zero, so I'm really excited for a second season!
Sep 13, 2013 5:25 PM

Mar 2009
Saw this coming a mile away. I wouldn't be suprised if we eventually get a 3rd season once the 3rd manga series (3rei) finishes.
Sep 13, 2013 5:31 PM
Feb 2012
Everyone around here is getting excited about more "Fate/kaleid", and I'm sitting here waiting to see what Ufotable will do with F/SN.
In other words: not interested in this right now. (no hate. Will probably give it a shot one day.)

Veronin said:
This Fate franchise is never going to end, is it?

Nope. Not for a loooong while.
Sep 13, 2013 5:42 PM

Jan 2011
If they adapt all of 2wei, then 3rei adaption is almost a given.
Sep 13, 2013 6:03 PM

Jun 2013
well adding this to my plan to watch list:D i enjoyed 2wei more the first part can't wait :)
Sep 13, 2013 6:14 PM

Oct 2007
Raphow said:
reading some comments here always makes me wonder if anime-fans or self-proclaimed otaku are not able to write eloquently and a bit more refined and elaborate their "opinions" and not simple state something is "shit" because just to trollololol, nevertheless i am excited and looking forward to more.

No most people don't think, they react.
Sep 13, 2013 6:47 PM

Nov 2011
Forgetfulness said:
Woot! For me, the more T-M, the better...unless it's absolutely retarded like F/sn anime.

But first, UTW has to finish translating ep 10 so I can finish the first series -_-

Why not just watch horriblesubs/CR?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 13, 2013 7:30 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ragna92 said:
Yes!! Can't wait to see Gilgamesh.

I can't wait to see Bazett kickass.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 13, 2013 8:02 PM

May 2013
Can't wait.
Sep 13, 2013 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
This,
ssjokg said:

Rapha_Lamperouge said:
So many manga that I like and I want them to get a second season or even an adaptation and they keep wasting money on something I dont like.

Good job fans with different taste, you never fail to amuse me.
There.Fixed that for you.

is true

Brace yourself, King of Heroes is coming ( in chibi form )

Instead of trashing in a thread of anime you don't like, why you just do something productive?

Veronin said:
This Fate franchise is never going to end, is it? An entire decade now and they're still at it.

Because the entire (type-moon) universe is soo Epic and Awesome ? I hope they don't stop making anime of Fate Series until they done all of VN Route ( Lack of Heaven's Feel and I heard a new Stay Night from ufotable soon? )
Pusswookie said:
This,
cressidaaa said:
Levi and Eren should be bro's. I'm rooting for their friendship!

is truth.
Sep 13, 2013 9:04 PM

Dec 2009
Veronin said:

It's pretty much a cash-cow basically.
Sep 13, 2013 11:09 PM

Nov 2012
LOL WUT ?
haven't watched the first one yet, and they plan to make a new one ?
as a fate/ fans I'm so happy right now
Sep 14, 2013 12:08 AM

Oct 2009
This is nice. I'm enjoying this show, hope it would last more than two seasons like Nanoha.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 14, 2013 12:29 AM

Jul 2007
Veronin said:

Look up: nasuverse.

It has been going for far longer than "fate". pretty much every Type Moon work, except for a few, is set in same universe, follows same rules and shares same characters.

neontaster said:
I was NOT expecting to enjoy this show as much as I did. Between this and Heaven's Feel, I'm in Fate Universe heaven!

Its not confirmed to be HF.

TonyTin said:

Puh lease. I watched a few episodes of it, not in full. Liked what I saw. I gotta finish Fate/Zero before I even start Fate/kaleid though.

THis is hilarious and cute because it IS a magic al girl anime WITH dark plot and complex deep characters with dark pasts. Its just that average mal troll has attention span of 2 seconds to actually research what they hate on. Don't blame madoka and shows like that for it.

For all we know this was Urobutcher's inspiration for it.

ssjokg said:
The only outrage I ever saw was from Fai because they altered some scenes in the second part of the series.As usual typical DM running his mouth but never actually saying anything.

That's justified considering I have no fucking idea how they will do Season Two without it as its CRUCIAL.

DraconisMarch said:
This trash actually sells? I thought the fan outrage would shoot it down, but the power of pandering is just too strong I guess.

Yes. Fans would have been very angry if we did not get 2Wei animated.
AhenshihaelSep 14, 2013 12:42 AM
Sep 14, 2013 12:34 AM
Jul 2018
/rant
Type-Moon needs to die, everything about it should burn in a fire.
/end rant
Sep 14, 2013 12:54 AM

Feb 2008
Man I am really stoked to hear this got a second season. Now the real question is will I be able to keep myself from reading the manga before the new season comes out?
Sep 14, 2013 1:09 AM

Sep 2011
Burningblade04 said:
/rant
Type-Moon needs to die, everything about it should burn in a fire.
/end rant

No u.

Sep 14, 2013 1:11 AM
Jul 2013
I really enjoy this show. Yeah! for season 2 (Y)
Sep 14, 2013 2:08 AM

Apr 2011
Yes! More mahou shoujo lesbians!
:DD
Sep 14, 2013 2:13 AM

Apr 2011
Great! More perverted Ilya, and more meido Miyu!
Sep 14, 2013 2:25 AM

Aug 2010
What's with all the haters? O_o

Why the hell even waste ur time>come to this thread>comment>reply to others>...

Losers sure have too much free time :/

If u're not even gonna watch it then why bother come here anyway *Face palm*
Sep 14, 2013 2:42 AM

Feb 2010
Barion-Zara said:

You mean... two people?

What's with all the fanboys?
Sep 14, 2013 2:44 AM

Aug 2009
Veronin said:

I love how you had this enlightenment just because it got an adaptation.
Who gives a fuck about the manga that already existed,the games,every other TM series etc etc.

Are going around looking for a chance to say those things or are you simply that ignorant?
Vanisher said:
Barion-Zara said:

You mean... two people?

What's with all the fanboys?

Doesnt change that,they come to threads about a series' sequel,when they never watched the previous one,just to make their usual hate-on-stuff comments.

At least we are justified when it comes to love the news/series and question the logic,if there is any, of those "two" people.
Slicer22 said:
ssjokg said:
I wonder if Chiwa Saitou is going to voice Kuro.This will be interesting.

Just wondering but why would you think Chiwa Saitou would voice Kuro? I would love to hear more of her but i wonder why you picked her specifically? Did she do a drama CD for this or something as Kuro?

I havent heard it,but that is what her page in MAL.
ssjokgSep 14, 2013 5:11 AM
Sep 14, 2013 3:47 AM
Feb 2013
SanjiCC said:
DraconisMarch said:
This trash actually sells? I thought the fan outrage would shoot it down, but the power of pandering is just too strong I guess.

Couldn't agree more dude, Type-moon keeps disappointing me, they could just continue fate/prototype, im sure it would sell way more, but they just trying to satisfy illya lolicons as it seems -.-

blame nippon for their taste. though i hate to admit this but with the industry today, a show must pander to otakus or fujoshis(since they are the one who is buying the BD's )or else it wont sell.
Sep 14, 2013 4:15 AM

Aug 2009
balongbitz said:
SanjiCC said:
DraconisMarch said:

Couldn't agree more dude, Type-moon keeps disappointing me, they could just continue fate/prototype, im sure it would sell way more, but they just trying to satisfy illya lolicons as it seems -.-

blame nippon for their taste. though i hate to admit this but with the industry today, a show must pander to otakus or fujoshis(since they are the one who is buying the BD's )or else it wont sell.

Said some ignorant,self proclaimed elitist for the millionth time.

Meanwhile EVERY show he ever saw is what he would call "otaku pandering".
Sep 14, 2013 5:10 AM
May 2012
So this is getting a second season I guess it's time to put this anime in my plan to watch.
Sep 14, 2013 5:31 AM

May 2009
Great news. 2wei is better than the first part.
Sep 14, 2013 5:41 AM

Dec 2008
As a big fan of the Type Moon universe I was still hesitant to watch this series, but maybe I'll give it a try? I struggled with the first ep awhile ago and though I love Ilya the magic girl thing drives me crazy.
Sep 14, 2013 9:34 PM

Nov 2009
More stuff is welcomed if i get the chance to see more Illya in archer form. :3
Sep 14, 2013 10:05 PM

Aug 2009
Maybe it's just because I have all my hate for this season thoroughly channeled into Gatchaman Crowds, but I actually ended up enjoying this a whole lot more than I expected. The battles were cool, I was surprised by the production value and detail that went into some of the servants especially Berserker. Even got a laugh or two out of it at some points. I'll probly give the second season a chance, but sometimes I'm just really not in the mood for this kinda stuff.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 15, 2013 12:17 AM

May 2011
DraconisMarch said:

SanjiCC said:

Ignorance at its finest
At least LOGH elitists aren't as annoying as the hurduri-dont-like-it-so-its-otaku-pandering elitists
RockerXDSep 15, 2013 4:47 PM
Sep 15, 2013 4:00 PM

Mar 2008
Just wanted to say "hell ya" to the second season getting adapted.

I mean overall the show was good. The action was outstanding at times especially in that Saber fight. Mixed together a mahou shoujo genre with Fate and came out with a good show.

The coming season should only get better long as they give it enough episodes. I'm completely looking forward to it and just a matter of being patient and waiting for details as to when it'll arrive.
Sep 15, 2013 8:02 PM

Feb 2012
I look forward to moar yuri undertones.
Sep 15, 2013 11:05 PM
Dec 2010
Llama765 said:
As a big fan of the Type Moon universe I was still hesitant to watch this series, but maybe I'll give it a try? I struggled with the first ep awhile ago and though I love Ilya the magic girl thing drives me crazy.

Main reason for watching this is to see Illya sexually assault a loli maid. Just search "Illya maid" on youtube and you'll see the only good scene in the entire series (too saucy to be posted here).
Sep 16, 2013 2:27 AM

Jul 2007
Llama765 said:

Yes its the most faithful Fsn adaptation to air. Its no more of magical girl show than madoka was(and possibly was the inspiration for madoka)

Its a nasuverse show that just happens to have magical girls in it..

tone-wise,
S1 is akin to fate route. S2 to ubw. S3 to hf.
Sep 16, 2013 3:39 AM

Sep 2012
scytheavatar said:
Main reason for watching this is to see Illya sexually assault a loli maid. Just search "Illya maid" on youtube and you'll see the only good scene in the entire series (too saucy to be posted here).
It is a good scene, but the search yields only that scene but it proves nothing that it is "the only good scene" in the series LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 16, 2013 3:56 AM

Aug 2009
scytheavatar said:
Llama765 said:

If you were looking for those kind of scenes I rec watching the monogatari series
.If you just want to troll around go to /a/

Fai said:

Yes its the most faithful Fsn adaptation to air. Its no more of magical girl show than madoka was(and possibly was the inspiration for madoka).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
Sep 16, 2013 6:26 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:

Fai said:

Yes its the most faithful Fsn adaptation to air. Its no more of magical girl show than madoka was(and possibly was the inspiration for madoka).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84#t=20

Urobutcher was writing Fate/Zero during the time Prisma Illya gained legitimacy with TM.
Sep 16, 2013 8:18 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

Fai said:

Urobutcher was writing Fate/Zero during the time Prisma Illya gained legitimacy with TM.

Yeah like only the last two volumes.And what does it have to do with it anyway.Urobutcher was already "mess up".It is more likely that he was inspired by Bokurano than Prisma Ilya as seen in an ep.

The first Prisma Ilya is nothing like Madoka.Mainly because the shit that happen are easily fixed and in one side you have wishes and despair and in the other normal life vs magical life.
Sep 16, 2013 8:32 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

Fai said:

Yeah like only the last two volumes.And what does it have to do with it anyway.Urobutcher was already "mess up".It is more likely that he was inspired by Bokurano than Prisma Ilya as seen in an ep.

The first Prisma Ilya is nothing like Madoka.Mainly because the shit that happen are easily fixed and in one side you have wishes and despair and in the other normal life vs magical life.

Madoka is pretty much Fate/Zero meets Prisma Illya.

Both Prisma and Madoka deal with themes of deconstructing a concept of magical girl, relying on actual psychological realism of the thing(as in both Illya and Madoka's main character plotlines are about the conflict of safety of normal life and horrors of supernatural life and both explore the toll upon one's life the "fabled" superpowers take).

Both are not really a mahou shoujo shows, beyond having magical girls in them, the first season of prisma even contains the similar ideas of "defeating a set of monsters in parallel reality", which while as old as Sailor Moon, usually gets played for laughs in other mahou shoujo shows.

Sure, Prisma Illya is "FSN routes meets Nanoha" kind of thing, but You can't deny Prisma Illya's and Fate/Zero's impact upon Urobutcher's writing of Madoka.

The only really defining difference is the lead character. While both Illya and Madoka are quite genre-savvy, Illya is far more aggressive and a determinator, just like her brother.
Sep 16, 2013 9:13 AM

Sep 2012
Fai said:
Both are not really a mahou shoujo shows, beyond having magical girls in them, the first season of prisma even contains the similar ideas of "defeating a set of monsters in parallel reality", which while as old as Sailor Moon, usually gets played for laughs in other mahou shoujo shows.
Having mahou shoujo as main characters already make them mahou shoujo shows. Perhaps you meant to say "conventional mahou shoujo shows" instead.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 7, 2013 8:22 PM

Apr 2013
Season 2 should be much interesting
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Oct 16, 2013 2:58 PM
Jan 2012
I've already read the manga for this as well. Looking forward to seeing it.
Oct 16, 2013 7:04 PM

Aug 2013
Man, I dropped this around episode 7, too much goddamn yuri. It was an amazing show those first 6 episodes but it just became boring pandering after episode 7. Given what I've heard of the ending I'm glad I dropped it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

1 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

18 by Jopping »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ikoku Nikki' Receives TV Anime

DatRandomDude - May 3

18 by Kazou-nozumu688 »»
Yesterday, 7:17 AM

» 'Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs

Nioxys - Yesterday

0 by Nioxys »»
Yesterday, 6:07 AM

» 'Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu' 2nd Season Announced

Vindstot - Dec 23, 2023

19 by JugNut001 »»
Yesterday, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.