Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2013 1:27 PM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Never thought I'd see a scene like this in Yamato XD

Well my questions from last episode were answered pretty quickly! Melda is left as a liasion between the rebel Gamilans and the Yamato. One note of interest that's been hinted at earlier in the series but more prominent here is that the Gamillons put Iscandarans on a pedestal. I'm curious to find out why that is in this final stretch

The Gamilan higher ups are conniving ones. I thought the episode was going to revolve around whether if Yuki can keep her masquerade but they found out pretty easily and use it to their advantage to achieve their goals of unification.

The final battle is on the horizon with the chips in place. One thing looming over everything is Okita's health. I'm not sure if he's going to make it out of this in one piece. His health has always been of issue throughout the series giving out at some particularly inconvenient times so I'm especially worried after hearing the latest analysis from the doctor and Makoto
HybridMBLJul 29, 2013 12:15 AM
Jul 29, 2013 6:29 PM

Oct 2011
The climax is nearing. I wonder how this upcoming battle will end.
Can such a dream truely exist?
Jul 29, 2013 9:15 PM

Mar 2008
They had to end it there -.-
Well at least we all know Yamato won't be taken down by that shot from the preview of the next episode :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2013 12:24 AM

Sep 2008
Cliffhangeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer !!!!
entauri.deviantart.com

Jul 30, 2013 1:44 PM
Jan 2011
Oh good now they just had a new allies.

Jul 30, 2013 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
Now the long wait for the last 4 episodes starts.
Jul 30, 2013 9:40 PM

Jan 2011
It will be worth it! Even with some obvious story compression and editorial cutting (the update scenes at the beginning of this episode looked like they might have been produced to be part of an episode but were then repurposed), this was a pretty good episode.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 7, 2013 2:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The parfait craze made it all the way to the Salezar system it seems. And that was one epic cliffhanger.

I'm assuming Desler will try to move the capital to Iscandar in his quest for unification. I wonder if iscandrians have any defensive capabilities. I mean their technology is obviously astonishing but they don't seem to leave their system.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 9, 2013 8:59 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Marzan said:
The parfait craze made it all the way to the Salezar system it seems.

I'm sure it will make a huge hit in the LMC. ;)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 12, 2013 3:10 AM

Feb 2012
shigerogo said:
Hybridbloodszak said:

Never thought I'd see a scene like this in Yamato XD

Same here and it felt completely out of place.

Meh. They had an an entire episode devoted to dilly-dallying around earlier. I'm not surprised at all.
Oct 3, 2013 5:46 AM

Nov 2011
Nasty001 said:

Funny this, are a sign of great change took place in the production of animated series.

Stake pleasant narrative pace, which changes it never stays focused on the same point. Drawing a little low at times beautiful in others, backdrops really good. Animations promoted. I hope that the upcoming battles is just as exciting as the moments of preparation here in Yamato 2199, although here it is cut a little short!
Melda with his tuft, it reminded me a little of Lucy SxS! LOL

Curious to know who you're rooting Melda and Yurisha! * _ *

5/5
Oct 14, 2013 5:38 AM

Apr 2012
Like that slice of life scene and man, what a cliff hanger indeed. Oct 25th can't come closer for episodes 23-26.
Oct 24, 2013 10:30 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, that cliffhanger, I have to know what will happen.
Also, dat scene with the icecream.
Dec 27, 2013 4:15 AM

Oct 2008
All I have to say is: Girl talk in Yamato. Hope that's not a reoccurring thing lol.
Jan 7, 2014 4:16 PM

Jan 2013
This episode had some of my favorite character interactions, adorable cafeteria scene.
Coming up is some of the best space battles ever, probably.
It's going to be so good.
Mar 6, 2014 1:20 PM

Mar 2013
are this chicks really eating ice with fruits out of a glas in a FREAKING NAVAL VESSEL??!!!
ARE U FREAKING KIDDING ME???
I am ok with all the simulairities they try to put into to make it feel like a ocean battle anime from the 40's, even though they are completly retarded but this is too much. Take this unrealistic bullshit anime out of my sight!
Apr 27, 2014 4:55 PM

Jun 2010
Couldn't stand the parfait gossip scene with the generic wacky music. Just obnoxious.
Sep 19, 2014 4:52 AM

Apr 2014
I think this was the least interesting episode so far, because there was a lack of satisfying action or plot advancement.
your waifu is shit
Oct 6, 2014 3:45 AM

Dec 2013
Hmmmm......................................How could Admiral Ditz just leave her daughter with Yamato even though they're separating ways? I mean I know she's a liaison but did they REALLY have to leave behind such an important person? I mean its the Admiral's daughter! Well I don't want to complain too much. Still loving the anime.

Hope to see Kodai and Yukio reunite soon. Even though Kodai disapproves of the rescue plan
Apr 20, 2015 11:27 AM

Nov 2012
the first few minutes of the episode really confused me, i first thought i accidentally skipped an episode.. looks like they just compressed some scenes.
pretty meh episode, not much interesting happening.
May 4, 2015 6:46 PM

Sep 2010
I liked the parfait scene nice to see three different races being friends and just chatting like normal girls.

Desler reminds me of Schneizel from Code Geass. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 17, 2015 7:01 PM

Feb 2008
The parfait scene was so out of place and dumb.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 11, 2015 9:14 AM
Nov 2012
Great episode, I don't understand the hate on that parfait scene though......but gotta love some of the retarded posts like this one -
Lockensocke said:
are this chicks really eating ice with fruits out of a glas in a FREAKING NAVAL VESSEL??!!!
ARE U FREAKING KIDDING ME???
I am ok with all the simulairities they try to put into to make it feel like a ocean battle anime from the 40's, even though they are completly retarded but this is too much. Take this unrealistic bullshit anime out of my sight!
Get Over it pls.
Aug 27, 2015 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
so the highly revered princess of a planet with population maybe 1 turns out to be a childish airhead

shit's pissing me real hard i may end up giving this a 4 by the end

ZetaZaku said:
The parfait scene was so out of place and dumb.

brey, we all saw it coming
they had to do it before ending this goddamned series

rori, u have failed me yet again
y u fukken hav dis shit in yo top 20, bitch!?
AND U SPOSED TO BE ELITIST!?
FUK!

EAT SHIT!

Planetes was one thing, BUT THIS IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THING.
Nov 5, 2015 9:47 PM

Mar 2012
Yurashi is probably the worst thing to happen to this show tbh.
Jan 9, 2016 7:22 PM

May 2012
So they finally arrived at those twin planets! Really nice development in general, let's see what's next!
Sep 11, 2016 4:01 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Zemus said:
The climax is nearing. I wonder how this upcoming battle will end.

Climax?!

That is what I dont get, we are at episode 22, and it is like the show is already at its last 2 episodes or something, I mean desler seems to have been defeated, what is there more as an obstacle other than returning home with the tec?
Great episode, but I m complety in the dark at this point, like dont tell me an unexpected final boss will raise from nowhere...
Oct 22, 2016 12:52 AM

Jun 2009
Oct 26, 2016 1:20 AM
Jul 2018
I got to thinking - does Yuki have any definable character traits? Despite being (arguably) Kodai's main love interest, she doesn't seem to have much of a personality.
May 13, 2018 9:10 AM

Nov 2011
We could say that this episode represents the quiet before the storm, the narration maintains the structure seen in the previous episode, in which life on board is shown with lots of serious and funny moments, the trio formed by Melda, Yurisha and Akira is really hilarious thanks to their speeches. The finale puts further anxiety on what must happen in the next episode. Desler is his show of magnanimity at the commemoration of Domel, proves once again his charisma but also his being a dictator instead of a leader.
Jul 19, 2019 2:54 AM

Sep 2014
Cantina scene was good.

Also, a shame Yuri isnt Leia. Would certainly be a fun surprise if she just strangled Desler to deah. And shouting Sieg zeon, because why not.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 3, 2020 2:54 PM

Aug 2017
So there's a huge painting in Desler's hall depicting him (?) and Starsha (?) alongside with Baleras and Iscandar. I think this picture was shown before, but I don't remember well. Maybe it was shown partially, without the Iscandarian part, to keep the mystery.

UPD: No, it was shown in full in episode 8 already! How did I not notice it damn
St0rmbladeJan 3, 2020 3:03 PM
Jan 23, 2020 4:00 AM

Jan 2013
The transition from grim space opera to the fan-servicey comedy scene was jarring. Doesn't fit the mood of the show really.
Jun 7, 2020 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
I don't know, this felt a bit like potentially plot hole breaking revelations in this episode for me. If Iscander is a twin planet and the Garmillans view the Iscandarians as Gods, the fact that they gave Earth the engine to reach Iscander to save earth means they are in favor of Humans, so why can't they just order Garmillas to cease the war or attack on humans? really hope they touch on this.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

More topics from this board

» Having real problems sticking to this show.

shurryy - Dec 25, 2014

10 by Khalifla »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HybridMBL - Sep 29, 2013

176 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 18, 8:53 AM

» OP Singers of TV Airing ver.

tsubasalover - Mar 16, 2013

9 by Serhiyko »»
Mar 29, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HybridMBL - Sep 15, 2013

54 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 20, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

27CansOfTuna - Mar 10, 2013

59 by Merolae »»
Nov 21, 2023 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.