Forum Settings
Forums

Football (Soccer) thread of the 2013-14 season

New
Jul 18, 2013 6:02 AM

Jun 2013
2013-14 season.

30 days until BPL!

I've heard that Spurs are refusing to sell Bale. I hope he demands a leave from the club because Tottenham SUCKS.

Sevilla also announces that Negredo will move to Man C.

Who's excited for the 2013 UEFA Super Cup?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (52) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 18, 2013 6:06 AM

Jun 2009
Well done.

Still three weeks until Bundesliga stats again, can't wait

Seikunai said:

Sure am. Getting back at Chelsea seems nice. Although let's be honest, that title really isn't worth anything. Or at least not much.
Jul 18, 2013 6:50 AM

Jun 2013
grandy_UiD said:
Well done.

Seikunai said:

Sure am. Getting back at Chelsea seems nice. Although let's be honest, that title really isn't worth anything. Or at least not much.
I don't really care about the title. (But of course it's better if Chelsea wins it.) The match is what matters. CHELSEA VS BAYERN MUNICH. REPLAY OF THE 2012 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL.
Jul 18, 2013 6:52 AM

Apr 2011
Seikunai said:
grandy_UiD said:
Well done.

Seikunai said:

I don't really care about the title. (But of course it's better if Chelsea wins it.) The match is what matters. CHELSEA VS BAYERN MUNICH. REPLAY OF THE 2012 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL.

Seriously, Chelsea vs Bayern and the first thing that's said about it is replay of the 2012 CL final? Not Mourinho vs Pep all over again?
Jul 18, 2013 7:09 AM

Jun 2013
yhunata said:
Seikunai said:
grandy_UiD said:
Well done.

Seikunai said:

Seriously, Chelsea vs Bayern and the first thing that's said about it is replay of the 2012 CL final? Not Mourinho vs Pep all over again?
I never really watch Real Madrid vs Barcelona games so Mourinho vs Pep didn't come to my mind.
Jul 18, 2013 2:32 PM
Apr 2012
Jovetic to City eh? That'd 3 top class strikers and Dzeko they'll have then ;)

Also it has been a fantastic day for us. Common sense has prevailed and CAS have temporarily suspended UEFAs European ban on both us and Besiktas. We're now back in the 3rd qualifying round. We will draw one of the following: Grasshopper, Red Bull Salzburg, Nordsjælland, Zulte Waregem or PAOK. I'd take any of them but would prefer it not to be Salzburg.

Libertadores final is shaping up nicely as well Olimpia are sure favourites after the 2-0 home win. Mineiro going to have to pull of the heroics that saw them come back from the same deficit to beat Newell's in the semi's.
Jul 18, 2013 2:59 PM

Feb 2013
Seikunai said:
2013-14 season.

30 days until BPL!

I've heard that Spurs are refusing to sell Bale. I hope he demands a leave from the club because Tottenham SUCKS.

Super Cup looks cool
you an Arsenal fan??
Jul 18, 2013 3:07 PM

Jun 2013
jnw93 said:
Seikunai said:
2013-14 season.

30 days until BPL!

Super Cup looks cool
you an Arsenal fan??
Haha hell no. I'm a Chelsea fan.
Jul 19, 2013 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
must be nice supporting good teams....15days until the championship starts woo
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Jul 19, 2013 4:18 PM

Feb 2013
i was happy this year with UEFA Champions League because Barca was humiliated 2nd time in the row :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2013 11:32 PM

May 2013
City's spending is just crazy...they've got Negredo, Navas, Jovetic, and Fernandinho...
Jul 21, 2013 1:33 AM

Apr 2011
teddygamer said:
City's spending is just crazy...they've got Negredo, Navas, Jovetic, and Fernandinho...

Can't blame them, can you? They fucked up last season because they weren't active during the summer transfer.
Jul 21, 2013 2:09 AM

Jun 2013
yhunata said:
teddygamer said:

Can't blame them, can you? They fucked up last season because they weren't active during the summer transfer.
Pellegrini better give Jovetic play time or I'll be angry.

I hope Chelsea becomes active in the transfer window too. So far we've signed Schwarzer, van Ginkel and Schurrle. I'm happy but it would have been better if we would have signed more. A new striker I think. Lukaku's good but he's still young so I think it's better to have a new striker first then give Lukaku one last loan transfer. To a top flight team. Inter Milan?
Jul 21, 2013 2:26 AM

Aug 2008
Who wants to keep track of Jozy Altidore for me?

:D
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Jul 21, 2013 8:04 AM

Jan 2011
who do you think will get relegated in EPL this season?

my money is on crystal palace, hull city, and stoke city. i honestly cant see other teams in EPL currently getting relegated. either way, EPL and Serie A will be extremely competitive this season; can't wait!
takoroniiJul 21, 2013 8:12 AM
Jul 21, 2013 8:12 AM

Jan 2011
Seikunai said:
yhunata said:
teddygamer said:

I hope Chelsea becomes active in the transfer window too. So far we've signed Schwarzer, van Ginkel and Schurrle. I'm happy but it would have been better if we would have signed more. A new striker I think. Lukaku's good but he's still young so I think it's better to have a new striker first then give Lukaku one last loan transfer. To a top flight team. Inter Milan?

i actually think chelsea has sufficient amount of players already. they have lukaku, ba, and torres which i believe will be enough for striker's role. they just need a better midfielder than mikel and probably a young centre back for the future
Jul 21, 2013 12:50 PM

Mar 2012
earnshaw30 said:
must be nice supporting good teams....15days until the championship starts woo

If it makes you feel any better, I won the Champions League with Wednesday in FM.
Jul 21, 2013 2:14 PM
Apr 2012
Cracking match away to Santos. Finished 2-2 thanks to, you guessed it, Alex de Souza. A superb double from him rescued us a point. Could have had a hat trick but hit the post, Deivid blasted the rebound over and wide. Some brilliant saves from Vanderlei and a little luck kept us in it at 2-1 down. 4 home wins and 4 away draws so far this season. I was hoping for a top 10 finish this season but with how we're playing I genuinely believe we can achieve Libertadores qualification.

In other news for us the fixtures for the upcoming season were released. Very happy with our opening 5:

Konyaspor (A)
Eskişehirspor (H)
Sivasspor (H)
Kasımpaşa (A)
Elazığspor (H)
Jul 21, 2013 2:37 PM

May 2008
Seikunai said:
yhunata said:
teddygamer said:

I am the exact opposite of you, I think that we are pretty much okay and don't really need anyone. We should trust that Jose will be able to get the best out of Torres and Lukaku despite him being so young. Although I can see why looking at how much city have spent can make you worried and want to go out and get a superstar. If we do I wouldn't mind if that star was Rooney.
Jul 21, 2013 2:44 PM

Oct 2010
I'm guessing all 'murricans will start supporting Sunderland after signing Altidore?

As a Swansea fan, it really is astounding seeing the money Man City have splashed out this Summer.
Jul 22, 2013 2:25 AM

Jun 2013
Nabi123 said:
Seikunai said:
yhunata said:
teddygamer said:

I am the exact opposite of you, I think that we are pretty much okay and don't really need anyone. We should trust that Jose will be able to get the best out of Torres and Lukaku despite him being so young. Although I can see why looking at how much city have spent can make you worried and want to go out and get a superstar. If we do I wouldn't mind if that star was Rooney.
Yeah, I guess I'm alright with Rooney now. All the stars we've been planning to buy have been bought by other teams already. (Jovetic to City, Cavani to PSG and Lewandowski to stay at Dortmund). Yeah, I HOPE that Jose gets the best out of Torres. If he gets the best out of Torres then that's good. Very good. Torres and Lukaku will be awesome. (Excluding Ba because he's very inconsistent, although the goals he scored last year were superb. The FA Cup goals against Man U and Man C.)
Jul 22, 2013 2:28 AM

Jun 2013
minshady97 said:
who do you think will get relegated in EPL this season?

my money is on crystal palace, hull city, and stoke city. i honestly cant see other teams in EPL currently getting relegated. either way, EPL and Serie A will be extremely competitive this season; can't wait!
Same with you. Stoke City is doomed because Tony Pulis is gone, he's a great manager. Mark Hughes sucks.

Swansea is the team that I think will place high in the standings. Around 7th.
I mean they have Wilfried Bony now that guy's a beast. Plus their goalkeeper, Michel Vorm. I want to see a Michu and Bony striker partnership.
Jul 22, 2013 7:51 AM

May 2013
So Arsenal is apparently "close" to signing Bernard...and offering Liverpool 40 mil for Suarez...there's just no chance of both happening, is there...

BTW, Giroud has had an impressive pre-season form...6 goals in what...3 games, that's not half bad, even if the opponents are...well, weak...expecting a 20 goals next season from him
Jul 22, 2013 8:00 AM

Jun 2013
I
teddygamer said:
So Arsenal is apparently "close" to signing Bernard...and offering Liverpool 40 mil for Suarez...there's just no chance of both happening, is there...

BTW, Giroud has had an impressive pre-season form...6 goals in what...3 games, that's not half bad, even if the opponents are...well, weak...expecting a 20 goals next season from him
don't expect much from Giroud next season. Didn't appreciate what he has done last season. Do you think Arsenal will sign Higuain?
Jul 22, 2013 8:01 AM

Feb 2013
I didn't get to see the game, (I was working) but I was pretty stoked when I saw that America dominated El Salvador 5-1.

Although....It kinda sucks that most people in 'Merica don't care about football.....
Jul 22, 2013 8:02 AM

Jun 2013
unmemorable_hero said:
I didn't get to see the game, (I was working) but I was pretty stoked when I saw that America dominated El Salvador 5-1.

Although....It kinda sucks that most people in 'Merica don't care about football.....
Yeah, most fans in America are plastic fans. Bandwagoners.
Jul 22, 2013 8:12 AM

Jan 2011
Seikunai said:
unmemorable_hero said:

More like too busy watching basketball, baseball, hockey and handegg and calling 'soccer'
Jul 22, 2013 8:20 AM

Apr 2011
Seikunai said:
unmemorable_hero said:

I liked how 'Muricans started to cry about the Pearl Harbor incident when Japan beat them in the Women's World Cup final (and completely ignore the Hiroshima+Nagasaki attack). 'Muricans give America such a bad name.
Jul 22, 2013 8:41 AM

Jan 2011
yhunata said:
Seikunai said:
unmemorable_hero said:

I liked how 'Muricans started to cry about the Pearl Harbor incident when Japan beat them in the Women's World Cup final (and completely ignore the Hiroshima+Nagasaki attack). 'Muricans give America such a bad name.

whoa now lets not bring history and politics into a football thread. im korean myself but i will not be talking about japanese occupation in WWII in this thread
Jul 22, 2013 9:27 AM

Apr 2011
minshady97 said:
whoa now lets not bring history and politics into a football thread. im korean myself but i will not be talking about japanese occupation in WWII in this thread

Hey, it was just an article I read on SankakuComplex (is that what it's called?), so I'm not exactly sure how legit it is. But still, it was a nice read which I thought was kinda fitting to the discussion in hand.
Jul 23, 2013 1:42 AM

May 2013
Seikunai said:
I
teddygamer said:

don't expect much from Giroud next season. Didn't appreciate what he has done last season. Do you think Arsenal will sign Higuain?

Giroud has been an excellent signing IMO, his stats last season are quite good for a 12 mil striker, and i'm sure that he will do better this season.

No, thanks to Real Madrid stalling, Napoli made a 37 mil bid for Higuain and Higuain is surely going to end up there....
Jul 23, 2013 2:55 AM

Jun 2013
teddygamer said:
Seikunai said:
I
teddygamer said:

Giroud has been an excellent signing IMO, his stats last season are quite good for a 12 mil striker, and i'm sure that he will do better this season.

No, thanks to Real Madrid stalling, Napoli made a 37 mil bid for Higuain and Higuain is surely going to end up there....
Ooooh, nice one Napoli. Hamsik, Higuain, Albiol, Cannavaro, Pepe Reina (loan), Inler and Jose Callejon. From being a bankrupt club last 2004 now they're here!
Jul 23, 2013 3:00 AM

May 2013
Seikunai said:
teddygamer said:
Seikunai said:
I
teddygamer said:

Ooooh, nice one Napoli. Hamsik, Higuain, Albiol, Cannavaro, Pepe Reina (loan), Inler and Jose Callejon. From being a bankrupt club last 2004 now they're here!

Good for them...now who is Arsenal going to SIGN??????Come on Wenger, sign a world class AMF already...
Jul 23, 2013 3:29 AM

Jun 2013
teddygamer said:
Seikunai said:
teddygamer said:
Seikunai said:
I
teddygamer said:

Good for them...now who is Arsenal going to SIGN??????Come on Wenger, sign a world class AMF already...
If they don't sign any world class player soon then expect a 5-0 beating from Chelsea ;)
Jul 23, 2013 3:58 AM

Jan 2011
Seikunai said:
teddygamer said:
Seikunai said:
teddygamer said:
Seikunai said:
I
teddygamer said:

If they don't sign any world class player soon then expect a 5-0 beating from Chelsea ;)

even the board gave wenger more than $100M transfer budget. there is no excuse not to buy a star player
Jul 23, 2013 4:00 AM

Jan 2011
Serie A Transfer Window so far:

Juventus: Tevez, Llorente, Ogbonna
Napoli: Mertens, Callejon, Rafael, Armero
Fiorentina: Gomez, Joaquin
Roma: Benatia, Maicon, Strootman
Milan: Saponara, Poli, (Honda?)
Inter: Icardi, Belfodil

i seriously cant predict final standing for serie a this season. the teams i mentioned could finish in any order to be honest
Jul 23, 2013 4:26 AM

May 2013
minshady97 said:
Seikunai said:
teddygamer said:
Seikunai said:
teddygamer said:
Seikunai said:
I
teddygamer said:

even the board gave wenger more than $100M transfer budget. there is no excuse not to buy a star player

You guys are lucky you aren't an Arsenal fan like me...every summer, we get our hopes up for great signings ( last season has been an exception, barring Van P***y transfer, the summer has been great) and then all hopes were blown away when Wenger signs a teenager, and claim that they've bought enough...
Jul 23, 2013 4:51 AM

Oct 2010
Arsenal haven't signed anything but autographs so far. They really need to get a move on. A quality goal scorer, a strong centre back and a good right back will see them through to a good finish for this upcoming season, I think.

For some reason, every player Man United decides to target, they end up going to a different club e.g. Thiago. I can't see them getting Fabregas, either. It's only a matter of time before they make some good signings though. Back up for Rafael as RB and a good attacking mid is all they really need IMO. Maybe another striker if Rooney leaves.

Chelsea and Man City don't need to sign anymore players, IMO.

As for my club (Swansea), I'm very pleased with the signings we've made so far. I expect one more striker and perhaps another CB in case Williams decides to leave.
Jul 23, 2013 4:54 AM

Jun 2013
spyrocoot said:
Arsenal haven't signed anything but autographs so far. They really need to get a move on. A quality goal scorer, a strong centre back and a good right back will see them through to a good finish for this upcoming season, I think.

For some reason, every player Man United decides to target, they end up going to a different club e.g. Thiago. I can't see them getting Fabregas, either. It's only a matter of time before they make some good signings though. Back up for Rafael as RB and a good attacking mid is all they really need IMO. Maybe another striker if Rooney leaves.

Chelsea and Man City don't need to sign anymore players, IMO.

As for my club (Swansea), I'm very pleased with the signings we've made so far. I expect one more striker and perhaps another CB in case Williams decides to leave.
Jealous that you guys have Bony.
Jul 23, 2013 5:00 AM

Oct 2010
Seikunai said:

I was so happy when I saw him pictured with our director and his agent holding up the Swansea shirt, I honestly couldn't believe we managed to sign him. I'm so excited to see him and Michu playing together!
Jul 23, 2013 5:21 AM

Jan 2011
spyrocoot said:
Seikunai said:

I was so happy when I saw him pictured with our director and his agent holding up the Swansea shirt, I honestly couldn't believe we managed to sign him. I'm so excited to see him and Michu playing together!

what do you think about this lineup?:

vorm,
rangel, williams/jordi amat, chico, ben davies,
dyer, de guzman/britton, ki/jose canas/shelvey, routledge
michu/pablo
bony

any errors here?
Jul 23, 2013 5:33 AM

Oct 2010
minshady97 said:

what do you think about this lineup?:

vorm,
rangel, williams/jordi amat, chico, ben davies,
dyer, de guzman/britton, ki/jose canas/shelvey, routledge
michu/pablo
bony

any errors here?

Bear in mind that I've only seen the highlights of friendlies on YT, so I can't adequately judge the new players...

I'd use a 4-2-3-1 system like last season. Your GK and back four are pretty much spot on (although I will say that I think Tremmel was better last season than Vorm, and Taylor may be slightly better than Davies).

The midfield is a lot more difficult. I'm assuming Britton will be the main man in CDM, with Ki joining him. The wingers will probably be Pablo and Dyer (Dyer has looked very impressive during pre-season). CF behind the striker is a bit of a no brainer (Michu).

Finally, we have Bony as the striker.

The main GK, back four, CF and striker are pretty easy choices. The other four mids are a lot more difficult to choose when you'd have talent like Shelvey, Canas, De Guzman, Pozuelo and Routledge left out. Thankfully, with us being in Europe, we'll see all of them having plenty of game time :)
Jul 23, 2013 9:14 AM

Apr 2011
Seikunai said:

Is this true? Damn, my internet lag has cost me so much news about Liverpool. Guess that means the new keeper we bought (can't believe I've already forgotten his name) is gonna be put to good use while keeping Reina active. Going to be weird not seeing Reina shouting orders at the Liverpool defenders, though. It's gonna be even weirder not to see Jamie leading the back men.
Jul 23, 2013 10:02 AM

Feb 2013
Im getting a bit tired of all these papers putting lies everywhere
a Spanish news paper said that Bale to RM was a done deal ¬_¬
Jul 23, 2013 10:06 AM

Apr 2011
jnw93 said:
Im getting a bit tired of all these papers putting lies everywhere
a Spanish news paper said that Bale to RM was a done deal ¬_¬

Haha, do not trust any newspapers or any news channels. Unless it's confirmed on the official site, it's a lie. At least, that's what I learned over all these years of being a Liverpool fan. We get linked to anybody and everybody for some reason (and yet they all missed us signing Assaidi).
Jul 23, 2013 1:16 PM

Jul 2011
I'm so glad for my Milan... 0 new players

CSKA just said no for Honda...
Jul 23, 2013 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
yhunata said:
Seikunai said:

Is this true? Damn, my internet lag has cost me so much news about Liverpool. Guess that means the new keeper we bought (can't believe I've already forgotten his name) is gonna be put to good use while keeping Reina active. Going to be weird not seeing Reina shouting orders at the Liverpool defenders, though. It's gonna be even weirder not to see Jamie leading the back men.
Simon Mignolet
Jul 23, 2013 2:37 PM
Apr 2012
ainky said:

Unlucky, you'll get him in Jan for free. He just won't be eligible for the CL which would be a problem, thats if you even make it into the group stage though.
Jul 23, 2013 3:10 PM

Jul 2011
EighteenSky said:
ainky said:

Unlucky, you'll get him in Jan for free. He just won't be eligible for the CL which would be a problem, thats if you even make it into the group stage though.

Indeed, it's better for us don't play the CL this year.
Jul 23, 2013 3:10 PM

Sep 2011
So apparently Real Madrid is willing to pay 99 millions plus Fabio Coentrao for Gareth Bale...
If this is true it's fucking ridiculous.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (52) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.