Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »
Mar 14, 2015 2:17 AM

Jun 2008
I don't get the hype....

I overlooked this anime back in 2013 cuz it sounded like just like all other romance comedies out there.

And sure, it's got it's big differences, and the MC is pretty interesting, but I just didn't see anything all that great from it.

It was good and entertaining (at times), but never great or outstanding....at least IMO.
Mar 14, 2015 3:27 PM
Jan 2010
why are all the guys in their class gay?
Mar 25, 2015 1:09 AM

Jun 2013
Hayama got outsmarted by Hikigaya. BEST ENDING EVER.

Too bad their team was disqualified because of foul play. But it's really fun and had so much laughter about how Hikigaya's genius plan worked by outwitting Hayama. Zaimokuza also did a great job by using his chuunibyou skill and physical ability. Yukino, Yui, and the other girls played the game amazingly too.

Overall, this series is awesome. I can relate to this show. I'm always a loner like Hikigaya. I have no social life with school and even with my neighbors. I have few friends, but 90% of those "few" are leaving me behind. I'm always the target for bullying since I was a child, but I'm used to it.

Hikigaya's twisted logic amazes me. He knows how to think, understand and form judgments. He also knows how to deal with people. I hope someday I can be like him. He's really an inspiration to me, though he's a fictional character. He's now one of my favorite anime characters.

Season 2 confirmed! I can't wait for it! I'm glad this series does not end here.
Mar 31, 2015 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
Great anime!
Looking forward for next season.
9/10!!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 2, 2015 9:44 PM

Dec 2013
This was a fun episode. Didn't feel like it was much of an ending. Although I guess that is what the second season is for.

Overall 8/10 really loved Hachiman's monologues.
Apr 5, 2015 6:26 AM

Apr 2014
Watched it in one go, it was unexpectedly good, very enjoyable.
Apr 26, 2015 11:21 AM

Aug 2010
So it has ended. I didnt expect this anime to be kind of heavy on the psychological side, but it pleasantly surprised me. Didnt expect to enjoy this anime as much as I did as well. I thought it would be a 'typical' school-life series, glad I somehow ended up watching this!

I love listening to Hikigaya's monologues, what he said actually makes sense in a twisted way lol and I actually agree with him some times. Actually made me ponder more about being a "loner" versus a "non-loner" in a few ways.

Going to go watch season 2! I am hoping for romantic developments eventually (especially Hikigaya x Yukinon) but I dont mind this pace of the development of their relationship between each other (and with other people). I only wish this season was longer! I hope season 2 would be longer than season 1...
May 7, 2015 12:47 PM

Feb 2014
Ok, but I feel like it could've ended better. A lot of questions that were pretty much waved off and never got resolved in this series. Still, it wasn't completely terrible, and there were some aspects (the personalities of the main 3 which weren't bad tbh) that the anime did well. 6/10 from me.

May 9, 2015 8:51 AM

Jan 2015
Awesome! I'm really love this series! and I'm gonna missed it. Now, second season is currently airing. Love It! 9/10 ^_^

May 13, 2015 8:09 AM

Nov 2011
Not bad storytelling, very consistent with the characters fielded.
Starting from Hikki synthetic and witty and with Yui and Yukinon to be his shoulder; only to end up with the professor and his jokes comic, not forgetting Ebina and Zaimo and their fixed. Pleasant story relaxed and fun. Now I miss only the OVA and then beginning with the second season. Yay!

8/10 NOW !
Jun 8, 2015 12:16 AM

Nov 2012
As far as I can tell based off of first season, this anime managed to stand out from other rom-com due to our male protagonist's twisted way of viewing society and his ingenious ideologies. I'll even compliment the anime for avoiding cliches common in these genres. The comedy in particular was for the majority freshly delivered; sometimes the jokes were overused. Earlier into the series, I mentioned how I wasn't digging the character cast and the story. Now that I've seen the anime flesh out most of the characters and how the story went, I can say I'm content overall.

WERE THOSE SABER OUTFITS?!
ShigureJun 8, 2015 12:23 AM
Jun 21, 2015 1:38 PM

Jun 2009
This one was among few who kept me laughing through the whole series, I'll give it that. But it feels like it abandoned it's satirical approach half way through and just tried to be normal romantic comedy.

And the ending was a disgrace. Sure, they plan to make more seasons, but as it is, it provides no closure or real motivation to keep watching.

Audi and video quality was acceptable, but once again, nothing outstanding. If anything, video quality was a bit dated and it had no music that made me wanna listen to it again.
Aug 12, 2015 5:00 AM
Apr 2013
Interesting series. Gotta love that blush at the end by Yukinon.
DAWWWHH. YUKINON x HIKKI. LET'S GO.

Qt cosplays too. ;^) Hikki being smart like always. Also loved how they gave the side characters more screen time also, especially Zaimokuza. Funny as hell.

Great first season. Hopefully the second will be just as great. ;)
Sep 19, 2015 5:20 PM
Oct 9, 2015 7:28 PM

Apr 2007
So many nice parodies, Zaimokuza dresses as Hiei was the highlight. Same voice actor FUN~

But parodies aside I wish the series had more comedic episodes like this one. It was rather repetitive at times and bored me. Also needed more Saika :<
Oct 11, 2015 10:25 AM

Mar 2015
What a trainwreck. Yui was the only character I enjoyed. Nevertheless, I don't see a reason to rate it lower than 5, it made some good points and was funny at times.
Nov 7, 2015 10:06 PM

Dec 2014
okI dont know whether I want more or less
Nov 10, 2015 12:13 PM

Sep 2014
9/10

Way better than that shit hyouka. I really liked how the MC always stuck to his ideals. The way he handled himself was amazing. His monologues were the best! Yukino was so amazing, I loved her. Yui was just too cute all the time.

Every now and then I have an anime burn out, when I go back to watching I really can't find anything that is intriguing. However, I really appreciate this anime. It wasn't only relatable, but very enjoyable. The three main characters had great chemistry. Too bad the romance was only hints.
Dec 9, 2015 8:36 AM

Mar 2014
Really enjoyable anime. If Sugita were Hikki's seiyuu, he might've ended up in my favorites.

8/10
Dec 21, 2015 12:31 AM

May 2014
I don't really get why people hold this show in high regard. It's good, but not great by any means. I appreciated the MC, having a character so cynical and pessimistic was refreshing. Other than that, though, there wasn't anything special about this anime.

I'll give it my standard hand-out rating for shows I enjoy but not to an amazing extent: 8/10.
Jan 7, 2016 11:48 AM

Sep 2014
This Anime started really well. The first few Episodes were really good but after that it lost it track.
In the end all i can say is that this Anime could be much much better.
Feb 5, 2016 8:31 AM

Aug 2014
lol at the final battle, especially how Hikigaya got them disqualified x3

Well this was a rather enjoyable ride, didn't expect to like it this much. The main trio was great, having a pessimistic MC was great, and his monologues were all quite amazing and well done. And both girls were great, the sarcastic Yukinon who didn't immediately fall in love with the MC, and the lively Yui.

A 8/10 for me, looking forward to the 2nd season!
Mar 7, 2016 6:48 AM

May 2015
Hachiman's monologues made this series. Frankly I think a stronger ending would of been the twelfth episode. I want Hikigaya x Yukino so badly, but at the same time I'm alright that it isn't happening. The frustration is real. Oh well. I adore Yukino. 8/10.
Jul 2, 2016 10:21 PM

Mar 2015
I've been very pleasantly surprised by this show overall. I didn't like the shounen-ai undertones tho... *fucking sigh*

Also, I thought Yukinoshita's character to be a bit unrealistic. Surprised she didn't relate more to Hachiman and kept bringing him down until the end. They're both misfits who share quite a few convictions. So yeah, I think Yukinoshita should've opened up more, and was hoping for her to get closer to Hachiman.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Jul 31, 2016 8:57 PM

Jan 2012
When u watch a really good anime before this. Everything about this anime becomes painfully average.

Its not bad and at the same time, its not good neither.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 9, 2016 3:55 PM

Feb 2015
Good episode, not a dramatic conclusion that may have been hoped for as it felt more like an ova episode. But I guess that's what season 2 is for. Yes I liked this drama, I rate 8/10. Totsuka is the cutest lol. But I still haven't decided if I'm team Yukino or Yui - though I know that Hikigaya is a fantastic protagonist.
StardustReverie said:
why are all the guys in their class gay?
Totsuka transcends gender
Oreomonogatari72Oct 9, 2016 3:59 PM
Nov 19, 2016 5:46 AM

Mar 2015
I pretend didnt watched this episode because this felt like filler. Hachiman is out of character and he is very close to Yui and Yukino.

2/5

Overall: 9/10
Dec 8, 2016 12:58 AM
Dec 2016
I find the topic of choosing to be social pariahs because of their fears and insecurities quite heavy for high schoolers. But then it couldn't be denied that it is within their age-group that issues of such nature usually crop up. Frankly, it was quite difficult watching the struggles that three protagonists had to go through. In fact, I already lost count on the many times I wished Yuki and Hachima would just smile.

A lot of the viewers may be inclined to favor Yui over Yukino because of her hopeful, and vibrant character. But, for me, Yukino's character being quite complex, same with Hachima's, had more depth, thus, more room for self-discovery, development or growth.

Though the final episode surprised me when Yui, who was in previous episodes had been so giving and selfless, this time, in her desperation to know who Hachima would choose between her and Yuki had to force the latter to also admit her feelings. I find this quite insensitive of Yui considering the problems that Yuki was having then. Good thing though, that Hachima came to Yuki's rescue and stopped the latter from making decisions that she's not yet willing or ready to do.

That part, evidently, showed who among the three are of kindred spirits. For Yui, I guess, the world is as simple as black and white but for the likes of Hachima and Yuki the world is not only painted in varying hues but in different gradients, as well.

Thus, the delicate journey for self-healing and for learning, and accepting one's worth is for Yuki and Hachima to take together. Only these two can answer each other's questions and heal each other's wounds. Having someone else to do that, who's not from the same cut, may cause more harm than good to either Yuki or Hachima.

I see Hayato as more suited to Yui's character, their warmth and positivity, make them the bestfriends that anybody would want to have.
Jan 9, 2017 3:20 PM

Jan 2016
hmm well this surpassed my expectations, thought it would be as shitty and cheesy as Toradora but it was actually pretty enjoyable.

6/10
Jan 26, 2017 5:07 AM
Aug 2014
Just glad that for once there consequences to Hachimans actions for the first time.

Overall I didn't find it very funny, there was little to no romance and everyone going along with Hachiman all the time without resistance even though it was usually an awful thing to do and then everyone validating that decision made it quite frustrating for me to watch.

4/10
Jan 28, 2017 7:05 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty nice sidestory for an ending. Pretty good anime, Hachiman and Yui were enjoyable to watch. 7/10
Jan 28, 2017 4:55 PM

Apr 2015
An Amazing End To Season 1 :)
Feb 15, 2017 12:21 PM

May 2010
It felt like OVA ep, but I don't really mind, it was quite fun anyway. Stealth Hikki <3 Too bad he was caught cheating, but I kinda expected they would lose, that's kinda Hikigaya's thing, sadly.

Overall it turned out to be quite a decent series, even though I couldn't get into it at first. In the end Hachiman and his attitude bought be I guess :> Time for the second season! 8/10
Jul 12, 2017 7:05 PM

Sep 2010
Neat little series, had some cool moments.
Jul 12, 2017 8:39 PM

Jan 2016
Hah, choose the two biggest perverts to pick the themes. Seeing them in warrior outfits though was an experience. 😍

For an episode adapted outside of the LN, this was an exceptional episode. Actually had me laughing at quite a few moments, more than most other episodes. Plus, it was a really exciting one, even if it went off on a tangent, when 12 arguably would have made a better end for the series.

Anyway, spectacular season. Every episode had some underlying meaning that most, if not all of us could relate with inside. The characters are very memorable, and the story flowed naturally. There are actually some deep underlying theories surrounding both this season and the next one. But overall, for a relaxing anime with great character development, empathetic responses on all episodes with a good mixture of themes, some good laughs and moments; this should be a go-to show.

I feel like I might be weighing more heavily on my subjective side than my objective side here, since an anime with these characteristics would usually get a 7, however:

8/10 overall.
Aug 1, 2017 11:35 AM

Nov 2016
Not as great as Toradora but it still had some lovely moments and Hachiman is an interesting MC. 7/10
Sep 13, 2017 9:01 AM

Oct 2015
This ROM com was the best romance I have watched since watching anime. It broke all those cheesy cliches that I hate in Japanese anime romance, all those stupid moment that made me hate romance in anime. But this one was an exception with humor and likable characters no lovable characters especially Yukinon, Yui and Hikky. A great 9/10 is low for it, but season 2 maybe will rock 10/10. I dont care but the hype is real for this anime

Season 2 here I come please.
lihle808Sep 13, 2017 9:06 AM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 20, 2017 11:03 PM

May 2011
They had me at Saber lol. Love seeing Type-Moon references in other Anime.

Glad there's another season to jump right into.
Sep 26, 2017 5:23 AM
Sep 2017
No romance at all. More on conversation, no confession reveal. ending sucks. But the anime is okay.
Sep 29, 2017 4:02 PM

Dec 2014
I didn't want to watch this because I thought it was going to be boring and generic. It was even more boring and generic than I expected. I've seen a dozen other shows just like this one. The only thing that makes this one seem any different is Hachiman is a better mc than the others. Still doesn't mean I liked any of it though.

5/10
Oct 1, 2017 12:27 PM
Sep 2017
Senpai was 2 seconds away from not surviving high school with those dagger eyes from Yui.
Oct 4, 2017 4:10 PM

Jul 2016
it's alright, some episodes were better than others and the others were just solid o-k.
it would have been better off just ending it on the 12th episode. the highlight of this for me was totsuka, man it just hurts me that he's always a running gag when i would rather it be serious. then again, this is a comedy.
Oct 9, 2017 1:57 AM
Jul 2018
Such a cute ending episode. I knew they were going to get in trouble for the bandage trick though! I'm going to give this show a 9/10, as much as the main character annoyed me through the show, I really enjoyed it.
Nov 5, 2017 2:46 PM

May 2013
I feel like the previous episode had more of a finalized ending feel than this episode. It was enjoyable, but felt more like a special :3 whuttevs.

Overall, an okay anime for me. I know its ratings are pretty high. Honestly, came here interested in the long ass title of the anime lololol. Stuck around til the end since it wasn't boring me out of my mind or anything. Sometimes I don't really understand what Hikki's trying to say-- his dark concepts and all :/ and sometimes I don't get why his suggestions are bad. So that was what put this anime of for me, along with Yukino constantly throwing shade at Hikki -___- you don't see Hikki bash on her all the time smh

5/10 for me. I doubt I'll watch the other season :/
Dec 23, 2017 12:43 AM
Dec 2017
Well it's really a good anime xD

Graphics 9/10
character 9/10 (especially hikigaya)
comedy 8/10
drama 9/10

the show really enjoying, but the season 2 ending is kind of too.. something
i need a season 3 already xD
Apr 8, 2018 11:31 PM
Jun 2016
What was written on the white board? Two girls, one? Ehhh?! Lol This side story was the most action packed episode yet. The group back to their usual shenanigans. Those saber outfits and zaimokuza and mrs. Fujo xD. It was sad they lost and it was obvious that Hachiman would have been noticed lol sucks to be him right now. Hello, Alone for real. That blush of Yukinoshita at the end though, ahh the blossoming of love in high school. Well they had fun throughout the series and so did the audience. Service Club for life!
Apr 13, 2018 7:07 PM
Mar 2018
Yuigahama x Zaimokuza
Jan 8, 2019 5:18 PM

Aug 2017
Ok finished series. It never got better or had redeeming moments, namely the lousy MC. I sympathize with his classmates who detest him.
Feb 28, 2019 4:54 PM

Sep 2018
What's good on this? It's boring for me :( too much expectation. The only thing I like here is Saika Totsuka, nothing more, nothing less..
Mar 9, 2019 1:06 PM
Apr 2018
Ohh, as a few comments said this ep was basically a filler. I enjoyed it though I dont like Hachiman´s fat friend.

Well, this has a 8/10. The drama surprised me, specially Hachiman, even more since I has the assumption that it was a harem. There hasn´t bien much development so far but the source is not over yet.
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:02 PM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.