Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 2, 2013 7:43 PM

Nov 2011
The real opening is out. It was quite an action packed episode. Lucifer was nuts. As expected of a Demon Lord, Maou got some uber power. Seems like they made peace with Lucifer, he probably gonna live with Maou now.

May 2, 2013 7:51 PM

Feb 2009
Nice, very nice indeed. I hope they keep me well entertained.
May 2, 2013 8:00 PM

Mar 2013
I think there is going to be more story arcs coming soon--I hope--.

Still waiting for the girl with the over-sized hammer.
May 2, 2013 8:06 PM
Sep 2012
This episode was great but I don't want the Demon lord and the Hero to get friendly and why didn't Emi go back with her friends.
May 2, 2013 8:08 PM

Jul 2012
SummerYoung said:
I need subs or I'll go into withdrawal. SUBS WHERE ART THOUUUU

ETA: spoiled myself a little bit on Tumblr, here's a little gem.

That picture of Alsiel... which episode was that from cause I don't remember seeing it in this one o.o
May 2, 2013 8:13 PM

Apr 2007
>Emi deflecting the beam into Maou's face.
>Alsiel going back to get his cape before heading to battle.
>The demons screaming like girls at the end.

Man I sure love a show that does such a great job mixing comedy and action/seriousness like this. Win-Win!

Danyn said:
That picture of Alsiel... which episode was that from cause I don't remember seeing it in this one o.o
It's from the "new" opening.
May 2, 2013 8:28 PM
Aug 2011
Most of this felt like it was the last episode.

So far this show has been stellar for me, let's hope it stays that way.
White Fox doesn't disappoint and the animation here was fantastic.

All of these characters make me laugh. GAR Maou being OP and a nice guy, Ashiya is still hilarious (that one part where he tells Maou not to forget to use the discounts was also funny). Lucifer talked so much and he didn't even stand a chance ahahaha.
May 2, 2013 8:31 PM

Apr 2013
I really loved this episode. the comedy and action was just awesome! poor Maou took so much abuse this episode tho
May 2, 2013 8:40 PM
Apr 2013
otaku0726 said:
otaku0726 said:
Loved this episode! Awesome fight scene with funny moments in between. Loved the part when Maou got all up in Lucifer's face with that look, making him ready to piss his pants.

May 2, 2013 8:50 PM

Feb 2013
This episode was sick omg the fighting and I'm in love with the OP <3

All the Lucifer fighting and Chiho discovering their secrets, Maou you're so cool ^.^ I laughed so hard when he put down the overpass and was like "AHH that was so heavy! But now I'm the good guy!" or something like that... I was laughing sooo hard :P

I hope something like, Emi x Maou will happen that will be the icing on the cake of an awesome show :3 throw in the unexpected romance :P but I doubt it... because what about Chiho?

Anyways, this episode was a total 10/10 ^.^ Next episode: Maou goes to school? :D

May 2, 2013 8:52 PM

Jan 2013
This shit should have 100% 5/5

Great episode.
May 2, 2013 8:53 PM

Nov 2011
Everything about this show is awesome. Although I hear that the LN isn't as good from now on. But I refuse to believe it until I see it. This has been so fun thus far that I can't imagine it'll just start sucking all of a sudden.
May 2, 2013 8:59 PM
Apr 2013
Okay, after this excelent episode 5 we all can pretty much agree that this Season highligts (in no particular order) are:

Shingeki no Kyojin
Flowers of Evil
Gargantia
Hataraku Maou-sama

I can't remember the last time we had such a good bach of anime.

May 2, 2013 9:02 PM

Jan 2010
5/5... Man I'm really enjoying this anime! Woooooo!

Flowers of Evil... Too bad the art/animation makes me want to punch my monitor.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
May 2, 2013 9:04 PM

May 2010
gave em one of those
HydnlifeMay 2, 2013 9:11 PM
May 2, 2013 9:04 PM

Oct 2012
No disappointment in any of the episodes so far. Fifth episode is my favorite for now...
May 2, 2013 9:13 PM

Jul 2012
One of the best episodes yet. Really interesting.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

May 2, 2013 9:17 PM

May 2010
Emi: "Ah, gomen." LMAO XDD

Maou was EPIC. :D

Nano.RIPE ED. <3
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 2, 2013 9:28 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was full of awesomeness. Loved every second of it.
May 2, 2013 9:34 PM

Nov 2012
As expected, Lucifer will be now joining the mischievous Dark Lord and his demon generals. Surely this will add more comedy to this series.

Also the fight was great and satisfying. I wonder if the two brought the high priest back to Ente isla.
May 2, 2013 9:36 PM

Nov 2011
im guessing that a way for emi to get her powers, people must have courage to fight back or something like that....just a simple a guess
Hate Keeps me warm
May 2, 2013 9:43 PM

Jan 2013
This is such an entertaining anime! As everyone has already pointed out, it's doing a great job to balance both action and comedy.

So Emi did have enough power to kill Maou the whole time but didn't. She's probably going to end up forgiving him after seeing him act the way he does now on Earth. Maou is such a great MC. His interactions with everyone are so fun to watch. I hope they keep up what we've seen so far. Next ep looks a little more slice of life-y (yes I just made up a word) which is fine but I hope it stays fun. Looking forward to next week
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 2, 2013 9:48 PM

May 2012
o_o new OP clip

Amai Maousama

Satan hold Emilia's hand. <3

HENSHIN!!!!

"Then what were you doing all this time?"
"I went back to apartment to get my general's mantle!"
ROFLSBO.

Chihochan TOO CUTE.

MAOUSAN NO BAKA!

Freaking awesome episode. <3
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 2, 2013 9:53 PM

Dec 2012
5 episodes in and still going strong, another great episode with all the bells and whistles I have come to appreciate from this show. At least Chiho knows the truth now, and going to school next week, too good... Maybe they will all go back and put down the church some day...
May 2, 2013 9:55 PM

May 2010
Haha...It is even funny when they fight...hahahaha
May 2, 2013 9:55 PM

Nov 2011
That was a pretty fucking great episode.
Just went from our simple times to some pretty epic fighting and some more great progression on the characters' part. Maou has really changed compared to the 'Evil Dark Lord' he was supposed to be in the beginning.

The little comedy here and there with the action made it great too. By the looks of the PV, Lucifer's 'punishment' is to live alongside them on Earth now so that should be quite interesting, but I wonder what they did with Oboro?
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 2, 2013 10:08 PM

Dec 2010
It looks like we got the hatred of Emi vs Demon lord solved so now the show feels like it's going to be less action ahead. I think the action in episode 1 was way better too, because the action in this episode was a bit over the top with the magic symbols and fast attacks...

I'll be paying attention whether this show cools down because it looks like it's about to become slice of life...and forget all about that demon world stuff.
May 2, 2013 10:10 PM
Jan 2008
This is one of the best anime episodes I have ever watched
May 2, 2013 10:29 PM

May 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
RockerXD said:
Marow said:
I'm scared.

Seriously scared.

I assume we will enter the second volume of the light novel starting next episode. And that's usually when light novel adaptations start declining because their overstaying their welcome.

The concept is finished. Maou-sama's story is finished.

Yes, it can still be funny as heck, but it will be nothing more than padding. This is no Keroro or Squid Girl, because Maou-sama actually cared about its story to some degree. Yes, it may be competently done, but it may just get stale.

I'm scared.

Should I just drop this and pretend it was a 2-hour movie?

I don't get what you mean. Do you mean that the source material declined in quality hard or what?

You all of little faith. First, most first light novels that decline are good are good because of settings, this series is far more than settings, it literally has it all: humor, drama, even a little pathos. That takes talent, and talent doesn't just "disappear".

Second, what makes shows good isn't action but great character interactions. Entering Lucifer into the mix will be fun, Emilia has come to grips with the first two demon lords, but this one? How this develops will be fun for several more episodes.

Third, there are 7 light novels in this series, there is plenty of material for 7 or 8 more episodes.

Fourth, there are literally 100 different directions this show can go. Haven't read or seen anything outside of this issues, but who says that these are the only two dimensions in this world. PLUS, Emilia is a half-angel, but we already know that the Church was corrupt and there is plenty of infighting going on, so what does that say about "heaven"? Not to mention, where there is a heaven there is a hell, meaning that there are other "dark lords" out there.

Emilia the angel and Maou the Demon becoming friendly, that doesn't bode well for the eternal struggle you know.

Plus (cubed), Emilia's mother is an angel, we have to question what her father really is (and if he is really dead), plus (quad) who exactly is Maou's landlord? Oh, and Chichan obviously digging the "horn".

Oh yes, easily enough to fill 10-20 light novels. And with pitch perfect comedy on top? This is going to be a fun ride.

I'm not losing faith in this series, but i just very curious on that speculation that guy gave
May 2, 2013 10:36 PM

Oct 2012
New OP (not the song)
New ED too?

Wow, so much action for this ep?
Lucifer's face priceless XD

I like how they understand each other even if they spoke different language...
Also, Lol Chiho,Alsiel,Maou's scream
Suzie said:
"Signature removed"
May 2, 2013 10:44 PM

Jan 2010
Cripes! What a love-fest for this episode. I thought it had its moments but it was over-managed.
May 2, 2013 10:46 PM

Sep 2010

Emi has the best reaction shots in the history of anime, ever, full stop.
May 2, 2013 10:48 PM

Oct 2012
Hahahah! Even now maou's language still makes me laugh! XD
May 2, 2013 10:52 PM

Sep 2012
Damn, I love this show XDD
I love their screams at the end LOL
May 2, 2013 11:15 PM

Oct 2010
good episode as always...

and they manage to make the fight intense but funny.Good job,LN author and anime producer...
Signature Removed
May 2, 2013 11:22 PM

Sep 2008
This anime really shouldn't have been this awesome. But it is. I think I find myself looking forward to the next episode of this more than Shingeki no Kyojin.
May 2, 2013 11:24 PM

Jul 2012
awesome episode loving it so far :D, i wonder will come next from now
May 2, 2013 11:25 PM

Jan 2013
The action and comedy are so well balanced 5/5. Chi-chan is soo damn cute.
Nark0PunkMay 2, 2013 11:38 PM
May 2, 2013 11:29 PM

Dec 2012
"Wait just a minute, my lord. I have a minor interjection to make here."

And I was thinking he'd say something about Lucifer and Orba. ROFL
Alsiel is the best.
May 2, 2013 11:30 PM

May 2012
i LOL the whole ep.. cant mention all the funny parts, they're too many.. 6/5

May 2, 2013 11:32 PM

Feb 2008
damn, that was an awesome episode, loved how there were like a million spell circles when Maou was about to punch Lucifer.
May 2, 2013 11:41 PM
Jun 2012
I think some serious conversation between hero and her friends are skipped.
hope they don't skip the scene where hero give umbrella back to maou...as far as i know volume 2 is as good as volume 1 so there won't be a decline in quality.
There will still be story, comedy, actions and even a bit of romance.
I wonder if they are going to animated up to v3 or just 2 volume.
May 2, 2013 11:48 PM

Jun 2008
damn awesome episode! I love it! I want ep. 6 now! xD

May 2, 2013 11:54 PM

Feb 2013
This anime is just so well done in my opinion. I don't laugh that much during most animes but this one hit the right spot. Especially this scene:

~ El Psy Congroo~

May 3, 2013 12:02 AM

Apr 2011
Hahaha! I love this episode. Good thing subs came out fast

Nice combination of actions and laughter. Maou and Emi are badass! Looks like Emeralda has the hot for him.

What's he's going to school? Hope Emi goes too. I wanna see her in a school uniform.
May 3, 2013 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
entertaining episode as always, friday is officially the best day of the week.
May 3, 2013 12:16 AM

Apr 2013
Another great episode, tho Chiho is slowly starting to get on my nerves, I really dislike this type of characters.
Apart from that very enjoyable to watch, I'm interested to see more of Lucifer, however it's hard for me to imagine Emi being all fine and cool with it (you know, all this burning her village and killing her father stuff), welp, time to spend yet another week in anticipation.
May 3, 2013 12:17 AM

Jan 2011
this show is nearing one of my favorites of the season hasn't had a weak episode yet and i'm still enjoying the hell out of it the time goes by to fast watching this!.

was nice to see a proper OP

said it before but this show just balances all it's genres really good was slightly worried about how the fighting would go but they took out their budget to make for some nice animations

curious to where this goes now this kinda felt the end.
May 3, 2013 12:34 AM

May 2013
Suzie said:

LOL THIS SCENE WAS AWESOME XDDD
And omg, seriously that ATM Hataraku Maou-Sama! Is my fav anime of the season.

All in all 10/10 for this ep. :F
May 3, 2013 12:42 AM

Sep 2012
I really liked this episode!

Emi was acting like a bitch though.. that kind of got on my nerves.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

621 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

345 by foofooplay »»
Mar 21, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

328 by NutsTheBerker »»
Mar 16, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

483 by 0ssi »»
Jan 24, 4:07 PM

» Will there be a season 2?

Sir_Alonne - Dec 1, 2017

21 by 88NickC »»
Jan 11, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.