Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2013 11:33 PM

Mar 2012
TravSavage said:
Only Kuroko would have a Onee-sama voice collection.
I have one as well.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 20, 2013 12:18 AM

May 2011
This is just the second episode and there are already mentions to the sisters arc already wow. Can't wait to see more of this.

Lmao at Kuroko's Onee-sama voice collection. I want a copy of that >_>.
Apr 20, 2013 12:20 AM

Nov 2008
Mike_the_Great said:
I thought young Misaka was last order, but im happy to know how they got her DNA map.

Good episode, really loved the part where that girl kicked some skill-out ass.

Yeah. At the beginning, I was like "Holy shit! Last Order is making an appearance for this anime?"

And yeah, I like where this is going. Too many hints about the the clones in one episode. That's one hell of a foreshadowing there.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 20, 2013 12:21 AM

Sep 2012
And now, the sister arcs begin !
Apr 20, 2013 12:49 AM

Feb 2012
Nice start of the arc. lol still waiting for Touma and Accelerator's appearance even though that'd probably be far from now.

Am I the only one who got a SHAFT vibe from the ED?
Apr 20, 2013 1:13 AM

Jan 2013
at the beginning i mistook misaka for last order >.<
the sisters are out there!
Apr 20, 2013 1:14 AM

Jun 2008
Akamitsu said:
One does not simply make a new Railgun season without making it 24 episodes.

Thank you JC, for giving us a full-length season.

THANK JEBUS!

Awesome!

And I'm assuming some of those episodes will be filler....I don't even care.

Railgun is worth it!
Apr 20, 2013 1:23 AM

Apr 2009
This season is shaping up to be much better than the first already.

I am quite interested in seeing just whether or not JC Staff will tone down the violence in this arc that was prevalent in the manga, I heard some rumours that they might.
Apr 20, 2013 2:12 AM

Sep 2012
Onee-sama voice collection! XDD
I thought they were really dead... Nice strategy..
Apr 20, 2013 2:26 AM

Mar 2012
Plot already. Now I know where Last Order get that look from. It look like Saten will but in with the Sister. And I'm quite like the ED. It have sister episode in it so I asume it will change after sister arc.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 20, 2013 2:27 AM

Dec 2012
subbed? Anywhere?
Apr 20, 2013 2:30 AM

Mar 2012
anders160196 said:
subbed? Anywhere?
It was already out more than 3 hour ago.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 20, 2013 2:35 AM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
anders160196 said:
subbed? Anywhere?
It was already out more than 3 hour ago.
But everywhere i look when it says "sub"... it ain't really subbed x.x!
Apr 20, 2013 2:36 AM

Apr 2013
I want a Onee-sama Voice Collection too :)
Apr 20, 2013 2:38 AM

Dec 2012
Never mind - found a place :D
Apr 20, 2013 3:07 AM

Aug 2009
MoonxArtemis said:
And the talking about the clones of a level 5 esper. So exactly how many clones does she have?

Just a number:
,more info
.More spoiler:this number
Apr 20, 2013 3:20 AM

May 2010
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, poor Kuroko.

I'm pretty sure that is Nunotaba in this episode. She's from the manga as well and has this stoic face. I love the way she talks though in that monotone even though she's a hostage. Such a boss in this episode imo.

Oh I like her ^^
Apr 20, 2013 4:04 AM

Jun 2009
Good stuff, I really enjoyed this. So, was this the start of the Sisters arc?
Ston3_FreeN7Apr 20, 2013 4:07 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 20, 2013 4:05 AM

Mar 2012
insan3soldiern said:
Good stuff, I really enjoyed this. So, was the start of the Sisters arc?
Next episode titled radio noise so I think it is.
Apr 20, 2013 4:10 AM

Jul 2011
first Misaki appeared, now Shinobu.
great season, what to say.
講廢話,被撞到.
Apr 20, 2013 4:49 AM
Mar 2013
ssjokg said:

Just a number:
,more info

You are forgetting:

Also, when I rewatched this episode subbed I thought this was definitely better than the first episode. This episode was really good.
Apr 20, 2013 5:00 AM

Aug 2009
For the ep...
The flashback was good,Saten andKuroko were hilarious and Shinobu was somewhat creepy.Well she doesnt compare withher manga version but the scene had some vibes.Cant wait for ep4 or 5 where
.Hopefully it wont be toned down a lot....

dniv said:
ssjokg said:

Just a number:
,more info

You are forgetting:

Also, when I rewatched this episode subbed I thought this was definitely better than the first episode. This episode was really good.
I cant remember something that was only mentioned once by name only.
ssjokgApr 20, 2013 5:07 AM
Apr 20, 2013 5:06 AM

Sep 2012
I wonder how come we have INDEX singing the ED of this Railgun anime. Are we going to see Index a lot in this season?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 20, 2013 5:09 AM

Aug 2009
symbv said:
I wonder how come we have INDEX singing the ED of this Railgun anime. Are we going to see Index a lot in this season?

According to the manga at least.
Apr 20, 2013 5:21 AM
Mar 2013
ssjokg said:
For the ep...
The flashback was good,Saten andKuroko were hilarious and Shinobu was somewhat creepy.Well she doesnt compare withher manga version but the scene had some vibes.Cant wait for ep4 or 5 where
.Hopefully it wont be toned down a lot....

I cant remember something that was only mentioned once by name only.

I agree about the episode. Also, we saw the scene in the opening with #9982. I doubt it won't be toned down, but I will be happy if I end up being surprised. Either way, the emotional sentiment will still probably be the same. Animation is better than no animation.

As to hearing something only once. I didn't remember either after first learning it. It's just I learned it from the wiki.
Apr 20, 2013 5:34 AM

Apr 2013
Stark700 said:

are all girls having dark blue hair hanging just above the shoulder and also having a stoic face and scary personality supposed to be named "Shinobu" XD there's another one from Chihayafuru having the same qualities

very good episode overall :D
HidoiSanApr 20, 2013 5:46 AM
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 20, 2013 5:46 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:

index sing railgun ED?
Apr 20, 2013 5:47 AM

Sep 2012
HongISfirE said:
symbv said:
index sing railgun ED?
Don't tell me you skipped the ED when you watched this episode...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 20, 2013 5:55 AM

Jun 2010
Nice ep but the cliffhanger really left me hanging badly. Guess it's time to read the Manga.
Apr 20, 2013 5:58 AM

Jan 2011
Pretty good episode, that new, stoic character is pretty interesting.
But I watched Index too, I think almost everyone on here did.
There is barely any suspense because of that, hopefully we'll get to the main part(s) soon.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 20, 2013 6:49 AM

Oct 2008
Is this taking place before the first railgun? or after?
I mean she knew Touma and the sisters in the first railgun but here it seems like she dont know about the sisters at all.
Meaning this is playing out the same time as index?
Marluxia is classy..Classy as FUCK!
Apr 20, 2013 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
I see they're not wasting any time ^^
Apr 20, 2013 8:02 AM

Mar 2012
Yep. Nunotaba is still creepy. Even though she doesn't have her fish-eyes in the anime, that voice actor did a great job combining her voice, her line breaks, and intermittent English. That was absolutely wonderful.

Let's see. This episode covered only one chapter: Chapter 18.
And based on the preview, Episode 3 will cover Chapter 19 only. As such, it may be safe to say that they are covering a chapter per episode. Based on the fact that there 21 chapters in this arc and that the fight scene episodes may be cut down, I estimate that this arc may span over a good 16-17 episodes.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Apr 20, 2013 8:37 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm, seems Mikoto was tricked as a child by an emotional ploy to give scientists a sample of her DNA to use for their level 5 cloning experiment. What seemed like a routine case involving mysterious money cards is the lead in to Mikoto's eventual discovery of her "sisters", huh. So Saten spotted one first, I expect more sightings of her clones until she herself meets one of them.

Love both the OP and ED for this one. I did not realize until later that it was also Yuka Iguchi who sang the ED. It was a nice surprise, since I didn't know her normal singing voice sounded like that.

Hollow90 said:
I mean she knew Touma and the sisters in the first railgun but here it seems like she dont know about the sisters at all.
After the first Railgun. She didn't know about the sisters yet in season 1 either, as the first Railgun was set before the Sisters arc happened in the season 1 of Index.
Apr 20, 2013 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
Hollow90 said:
Timeline:
Apr 20, 2013 9:52 AM
Sep 2011
SayakaMagica said:

Hollow90 said:
After the first Railgun. She didn't know about the sisters yet in season 1 either, as the first Railgun was set before the Sisters arc happened in the season 1 of Index.

Timeline of Railgun
1 Season: 16-24 July
Sister arc:

Edit: More detailed timeline above...
Beginning of Index 1: 20 July
Apr 20, 2013 10:20 AM

Dec 2012
wow, i'm suprised. i thought the last episode was horrible. i'm glad i was told to give it another try because episode 2 was great. the new girl seems pretty interesting too. the last sequence with her vs those dudes was dope. hope the show stays this consistent.

my only gripe at this point is Uiharu. can't stand her would love to see her die a slow and agonizing death.
Apr 20, 2013 10:22 AM

Aug 2009
ninearts said:

my only gripe at this point is Uiharu. can't stand her would love to see her die a slow and agonizing death.
Pretty sure it is for some random reason.
Apr 20, 2013 10:59 AM

Apr 2010
Looking at the reactions of Saten at the clone she wasn't aware it was a clone it's safe to assume that this happened before the Accelerator arc in the Index series and also before the war with the Catholic church.
There where also several indicators of this in the previous episode.
The new girls with the stoic face seems to be aware of the clones and most likely also the project involving Accelerator so i guess this arc will explain a lot about how that project came to be.
It the Index series it wasn't clear how they got Misaka's DNA and why to picked her for the cloning project it's also unclear what her relation with Accelerator is besides the fact that they both are level 5's.

A other question is what the new girls roll is in the project and her involvement with Misaka she was the girl in Misaka's memory but besides that Misaka doesn't seem to know her.
Another question is why was she spreading around those money cards, i was thinking it might have something to do with her power.
My theory is that her power works with everything she came in contact with meaning that since she distributed the cards she obviously came in contact with them now if some one picks up that card her powers will work on that person.
Off course it's just a theory and i might be completely wrong here.
Apr 20, 2013 11:03 AM

Aug 2009
Aversa said:
Looking at the reactions of Saten at the clone she wasn't aware it was a clone it's safe to assume that this happened before the Accelerator arc in the Index series and also before the war with the Catholic church.
There where also several indicators of this in the previous episode.
The new girls with the stoic face seems to be aware of the clones and most likely also the project involving Accelerator so i guess this arc will explain a lot about how that project came to be.
It the Index series it wasn't clear how they got Misaka's DNA and why to picked her for the cloning project it's also unclear what her relation with Accelerator is besides the fact that they both are level 5's.

A other question is what the new girls roll is in the project and her involvement with Misaka she was the girl in Misaka's memory but besides that Misaka doesn't seem to know her.
Another question is why was she spreading around those money cards, i was thinking it might have something to do with her power.
My theory is that her power works with everything she came in contact with meaning that since she distributed the cards she obviously came in contact with them now if some one picks up that card her powers will work on that person.
Off course it's just a theory and i might be completely wrong here.

I am sure that they did say that it was for medical purposes in the Index anime..

As for her power
Apr 20, 2013 11:04 AM

Dec 2012
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

more or less. i just can't stand the sight of her. her and those ridiculous flowers on her head. she couldn't be more annoying.
Apr 20, 2013 11:06 AM

Aug 2009
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

more or less. i just can't stand the sight of her. her and those ridiculous flowers on her head. she couldn't be more annoying.
-_-''
Apr 20, 2013 11:17 AM
Oct 2010
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

Spoiler by suggestion
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 20, 2013 11:22 AM

Dec 2012
Ajunky said:
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

Spoiler by suggestion

seriously? i never even saw the 2nd season of index. i'll make it a top priority now though. when does the new season start? you just made it my most anticipated anime.
Apr 20, 2013 11:28 AM

Feb 2013
Seems like I'm the only one to comment on this:

Kun Kun!
Apr 20, 2013 11:30 AM
Oct 2010
ninearts said:
Ajunky said:
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

Spoiler by suggestion

seriously? i never even saw the 2nd season of index. i'll make it a top priority now though. when does the new season start? you just made it my most anticipated anime.

Unfortunately it will still take a while. It's unannounced, but I expect it to be in either Spring or Fall 2014 (Fall being the most likely season).
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 20, 2013 11:46 AM

Aug 2009
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

Yeah

She so annoying and ridiculous....
Apr 20, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2011
So, she was just acting? wow. Now I'm even more curious to know her true skills.

and great ED.
Apr 20, 2013 12:01 PM

Dec 2012
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

Yeah

truer words were never spoken.

Ajunky said:
ninearts said:
Ajunky said:
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

Spoiler by suggestion

Unfortunately it will still take a while. It's unannounced, but I expect it to be in either Spring or Fall 2014 (Fall being the most likely season).

i see. plenty of time to catch up then i suppose. guess i'll have to put up with index for another 24 episodes but it'll be well worth it. but hey, how often do the railgun characters appear in the 2nd season anyways? or better yet, what about accelerator? he was prolly my favorite index character.
Apr 20, 2013 12:11 PM

Mar 2012
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

Yeah

truer words were never spoken.

You do realize he was being sarcastic there, right?
-------
On another note, for those who don't know, Nagatenjouki Academy (Shinobu's school) is also where Accelerator is a student at.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.