Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 19, 2013 3:09 PM

Aug 2012
MoeGalacticHero said:
Also everyone saying "R+ V" is confusing the fuck out of me. The second season looks to have better art so far, but overall the manga really isn't very good anyway. Everyone's saying the anime was just an ecchi harem, but the manga is pretty much just an ecchi harem.
It might have been like that in the beginning, but it got much, much better when serious shit (Fairy Tale?) actually started happening.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 19, 2013 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
MoeGalacticHero said:
Also everyone saying "R+ V" is confusing the fuck out of me. The second season looks to have better art so far, but overall the manga really isn't very good anyway. Everyone's saying the anime was just an ecchi harem, but the manga is pretty much just an ecchi harem.
did you even read R+V II ?
Jun 19, 2013 3:55 PM

Sep 2012
Tegami Bachi Reverse. It lacked something important: an ending.
Jun 19, 2013 3:55 PM

Mar 2012
Sourire said:
MoeGalacticHero said:
did you even read R+V II ?
Better question did you pay attention to the content?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 1, 2013 1:28 AM

Apr 2010
1) Rosario + Vampire
2) R+V
3) Vampire + Rosario

Honorable mentions:
Ao no Exorcist, Magi, Claymore, Tsukihime (Anime, I liked the manga adaptation)
antonnAug 1, 2013 12:57 PM
Aug 1, 2013 2:13 AM

Aug 2011
antonn said:
Tsukihime (Anime, I liked the manga adaptation)

There is no anime for this though.
Aug 1, 2013 2:14 AM

May 2013
Devil Survivor 2 and Danganronpa. They were great as games.
Aug 1, 2013 2:25 AM

May 2013
mitch3315 said:
antonn said:

Is this it or are you pretending it doesn't exist because it was that bad?
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Aug 1, 2013 2:26 AM

Jul 2012
Majikoi S. I enjoyed the VN a lot tbh, the anime was retarded, went by it, not entirely watched it, just so I could see which route they picked etc. Was terrible.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Aug 1, 2013 2:27 AM

Jun 2013
I don't read manga much. I think it's Beelzebub so far. I'm especially disappointed with the ending. I should have watched the anime first.
Aug 1, 2013 2:32 AM

Mar 2012
Unchou said:
Majikoi S. I enjoyed the VN a lot tbh, the anime was retarded, went by it, not entirely watched it, just so I could see which route they picked etc. Was terrible.
They only adapt Majikoi not S. Anyway I agree that anime doesn't give VN justice.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 1, 2013 2:58 AM

Aug 2012
Diran-kun said:
mitch3315 said:
antonn said:
Is this it or are you pretending it doesn't exist because it was that bad?
I got a "Webpage cannot be displayed" error. Did you make sure to link that correctly?
NeoAnkara said:
Unchou said:
They only adapt Majikoi not S. Anyway I agree that anime doesn't give VN justice.
Supposedly the anime dove into the "true" route in the second half, but I didn't understand any of it. It's disheartening to know that the anime is the closest I'll get to seeing it because the original visual novel still isn't fully translated.
Aug 1, 2013 3:02 AM
Aug 2011
Since I enjoy shitting on A-1 and their ~shounen adaptations~:
Magi
Ao no Exorcist
Fairy Tail
SAO (though the source is awful all around that no adaptation of this can ever be good)
Aug 1, 2013 3:03 AM

Mar 2012
gamer2710 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Unchou said:
Supposedly the anime dove into the "true" route in the second half, but I didn't understand any of it. It's disheartening to know that the anime is the closest I'll get to seeing it because the original visual novel still isn't fully translated.
I demand anime to get remake. It should have been how Mayuchii and Christ join Kazama Family in the first halve not some random fanservice sceene.
Aug 1, 2013 3:09 AM

Aug 2012
NeoAnkara said:
gamer2710 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Unchou said:
I demand anime to get remake. It should have been how Mayucchi and Chris join Kazama Family in the first halve not some random fanservice scene.
Agreed. That's the real story. It even had some nice drama in there, but nope, they had to take that out and put in fanservice and cheesy battle scenes with no purpose.
Aug 1, 2013 3:10 AM

Feb 2010
Gantz. Always Gantz.

Oh, and it should say WORST in the title :(
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 1, 2013 3:12 AM

May 2013
gamer2710 said:
Diran-kun said:
Is this it or are you pretending it doesn't exist because it was that bad?I got a "Webpage cannot be displayed" error. Did you make sure to link that correctly?I linked it fine. It's called Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Aug 1, 2013 3:13 AM

Mar 2012
gamer2710 said:
NeoAnkara said:
gamer2710 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Unchou said:
I demand anime to get remake. It should have been how Mayucchi and Chris join Kazama Family in the first halve not some random fanservice scene.
Agreed. That's the real story. It even had some nice drama in there, but nope, they had to take that out and put in fanservice and cheesy battle scenes with no purpose.
You know I watch anime first before playing VN because I like Miyako. But when I play VN I wish that I can erase my memories of watching anime. They remove too much and make it unbearable.
Aug 1, 2013 3:17 AM

Aug 2012
NeoAnkara said:
You know I watch anime first before playing VN because I like Miyako. But when I play VN I wish that I can erase my memories of watching anime. They remove too much and make it unbearable.
So did I. It's the second anime I ever contemplated giving a 1/10, but as of now it's still stuck at 2/10.

I might just change my mind if I ever read the true route one day.
Aug 1, 2013 3:21 AM

Mar 2012
gamer2710 said:
NeoAnkara said:
So did I. It's the second anime I ever contemplated giving a 1/10, but as of now it's still stuck at 2/10.

I might just change my mind if I ever read the true route one day.
Yeah I will play it again if they finish translating it alongside S and A.
NeoAnkaraAug 1, 2013 3:34 AM
Aug 1, 2013 3:39 AM

Jul 2013
rosario+vampire. love the manga, but I really don't see the point in the anime. it's rather plotless
Aug 1, 2013 3:43 AM

Mar 2012
parvanubis said:
rosario+vampire. love the manga, but I really don't see the point in the anime. it's rather plotless
It is plotless.
Aug 1, 2013 5:44 AM

May 2010
Medaka Box is the first thing that comes to my mind.

Aug 1, 2013 11:35 AM

Sep 2012
Gantz was actually a good adaptation, because it didn't include the last stage of the manga.
Aug 1, 2013 4:22 PM

Feb 2012
Maji de whatever, for reasons said
Rosario, not because the anime is bad ( I loved the anime), but the manga is much more serious.
Elfen Lied, for not including the character who gave the series its name.
Aug 1, 2013 4:27 PM
Sep 2012
Magi, One Piece and Code Geass.
Aug 1, 2013 4:29 PM

Mar 2012
HurricaneSweet said:
Magi, One Piece and Code Geass.
CG is anime original not an adaptation.
Aug 1, 2013 4:31 PM
Oct 2010
Attack on titan.
Jan 2, 2014 11:35 PM

Aug 2009
skudoops said:
Attack on titan.
THere is nothing wrong with that except the final ep where they ruin Eren's and other's coop.

Tsukihime makes Fate/Stay Night look like the best anime ever.
Jan 3, 2014 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
skudoops said:
Attack on titan.
THere is nothing wrong with that except the final ep where they ruin Eren's and other's coop.

Wait there's a Tsukihime anime? Why do fans say they want one then?!
Jan 3, 2014 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
Botato said:
ssjokg said:
skudoops said:
Attack on titan.

Wait there's a Tsukihime anime? Why do fans say they want one then?!

This is mentioned many times. No idea, likely these 'fans' are ignorant of its release?
Jan 3, 2014 7:45 PM

Jan 2013
gamer2710 said:
Forgetfulness said:
NeoAnkara said:
Forgetfulness said:
And I hear Tsukihime is a really bad adaptation, though I haven't seen it myself
(btw, How was this not mentioned yet?)
Isn't there no Tsukihime anime?

Ah yes, I was confusing it with a different adaptation. My bad
It wasn't that bad. All they had to do was stick to one route entirely instead of trying to shoehorn bits and pieces of other routes (and filler, of all things) into it.

Tsukihime Manga did this, and it managed to be good.

It all came down to the horrible execution.

Jan 4, 2014 6:06 AM

Dec 2013
Didnt see Aku no Hana but the adaption was pretty bad xD

If I had to say I would say Machine-doll. The manga was wayyyyyyy better. -.-
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Jan 4, 2014 6:33 AM

Jul 2012
Also Claymore... very bad filler ending. A huge Priscilla? What were they thinking? It kinda reminded my of power rangers when the bad guy grew big near the end of the battle.

They animation of the series was not very good either. It had some good parts but overall I was a bit dissapointed.

In for a Claymore: SISTERHOOD (or something) when the manga ends.
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Jan 4, 2014 7:22 AM

Apr 2011
The worst anime adaption I've seen to date would be, I'd say, Devil Survivor 2: The Animation. I've only played little of the game, but even I can say just how horrible it is. The 6 that I gave it is a very generous 6.... VERY generous.

If I were to give reasons, the biggest one I'd give is Hibiki. Never in my life have I ever seen a worst protagonist for a series, from any medium. The combination of his naivety and idiocy was just too much. To top it all off, he's the "Chosen One". Bitch, you got nothing on Harry Potter.

And the ending, oh God, the ending. One of the most horrible, cliched and stupid endings I've ever seen for an anime. Why? Why did they even chose that route? Any insult I give to it would be an understatement. Quite literally, the best thing about the series are the openings and endings. Thank God they got those two right, at the very least.
Jan 4, 2014 7:58 AM
Mar 2011
Guin saga the novels are very deep dune esuq scfi [ its not a light novel it was a srealized full leanth novel much like Ginga ei den is / was while if pyu watch Ginga ei den in novel order oyu get the feel of the novel . guin sga had over 100 volumes at the time of adapation it and it got 13 hours it could have bypassed Giniga ei gen as the best sci fi anime ever but alas not to be

hell theres a game on the pc 98 that more accuralte adatped the first arc of the novels than the anime hell the anime did not evne get all of the first ark cause the the directors ADD it may not seam like it but he pick chunks from the first five arc and stic them together very well with very good edting he did in deed but if yiu read the first 23 volumes of the novel [ that over 13000 PAGES mind you you can then see were is from were
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 4, 2014 8:04 AM

Aug 2013
I wouldn't call it the worst adaptation ever made, even because it was reasonably good and faithful for the most of it, but that Gantz's ending was just SO lackluster and frustrating that made my overall enjoyment absurdly decrease. I hope they make another anime someday, and this time, adapting the whole manga and with no unpleasant ending
Jan 31, 2014 8:30 PM

Nov 2013
So after recently reading a manga called Lovely Complex, I went to check out the anime adaptation and felt the anime completely got the characters wrong and decided to focus more on the comedy aspects rather than the romance, which was the main focus of the manga counterpart and made everything feel.. well.. awkward.

Refraining from turning this post into a rant rather than anime/manga discussion, What are some good or great mangas out there you have read and after reading, decided to watch the adaptation and were disappointed? And why were you disappointed?

I couldn't find a post exactly like what i'm talking about here, but I do apologize if you have seen this kind of thing too many times in the past.
Jan 31, 2014 8:41 PM

Mar 2008
I haven't read much manga, but Zetman was an atrocity.
Censorship and butchering of the story order, not to mention the inevitable anime-original ending; just awful for what could have been an intense action-series.

Mod Edit: Please don't address rule violations in threads but report them.
LunaFeb 1, 2014 1:11 AM
Jan 31, 2014 8:49 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekui Merry. The atrocious anime adaptation is so incomprehensible. Not to mention those awful original material that were used on the anime. JC Staff should have stick to the manga instead.

Mod Edit: Please don't address rule violations in threads but report them.
LunaFeb 1, 2014 1:11 AM

Jan 31, 2014 9:08 PM

Dec 2010
Kallifer said:
So after recently reading a manga called Lovely Complex, I went to check out the anime adaptation and felt the anime completely got the characters wrong and decided to focus more on the comedy aspects rather than the romance, which was the main focus of the manga counterpart and made everything feel.. well.. awkward.

Refraining from turning this post into a rant rather than anime/manga discussion, What are some good or great mangas out there you have read and after reading, decided to watch the adaptation and were disappointed? And why were you disappointed?

I couldn't find a post exactly like what i'm talking about here, but I do apologize if you have seen this kind of thing too many times in the past.
I couldn't stand the anime because of their annoying dialects and the ugly animation (ugh Osakaben).
Jan 31, 2014 9:12 PM
Dec 2010
Toriko. Which basically got 4kids'd for the Japanese audience.
Jan 31, 2014 9:33 PM

Jan 2008
I couldn't really stand the anime adaption of Aku no Hana. For one thing the art was completely different because they actually got actors and just rotoscoped them. I suppose it was unique but at that point I would much rather have watched it as a drama than as an "anime." I also thought that the pacing was really slow. It felt like there were entire minutes of no action and no dialog. I've only watched a few episodes though so I guess I can't fairly judge it. But still. Didn't like it.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 31, 2014 9:41 PM

Jun 2012
Nozoki Ana, that OVA made it look like nothing more than a border-line hentai. While it is a borderline hentai, there's more to it than that. There's actual drama, romance, and a little suspense between chapters. Hell, the character interaction (conversation wise) could have had me reading for hours. Plus quite a bit of character development.
Trying to squeeze 117 chapters into a 55 minute OVA was a bad idea.
Feb 1, 2014 1:16 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Threads Merged.
Feb 1, 2014 9:07 AM
Feb 2012
Pupa: This is self-explanatory, just go watch the first two episodes and you'll understand
Umineko: the visual novel is beautiful, filled with insane character development and plot twists, but the anime just tries to be higurashi
Narutaru: the pacing in the anime was just odd
Danganronpa: this one isn't bad, but the game was so infinitely better that they could have done so much more with it
Feb 1, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2014
Dangan ronpa.
I MURDERED OUR ENTIRE CLAN UMAD SAUCEGAYYYYYYYYY UMAD?¿
http://foolishbrother.chatango.com/
Jul 15, 2014 10:32 AM

Jun 2013
My top three worst are
3rd is Aku no Hana......Yeah the animation was absolutely horrid but ican handle that........ however the story moved way too slow compared to the amazing manga.
2nd is kuroshituji..... aka black butler..... my main problem with this is that most of the anime never even happned in the manga
And the worst is rosario vampire.....Everything in this is awful compared to the manga
Jul 15, 2014 11:52 AM

Nov 2010
Samurai Deeper Kyo. Always and forever. Ironically I enjoyed the anime and then read the manga. The manga was vastly superior and they made a huge mistake by changing it so much for the anime.
Jul 15, 2014 1:01 PM

Jun 2014
Has Clannad AS popped up yet? This thread is guaranteed to generate criticism towards it.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» finding a anime

ljaylotti - 10 minutes ago

1 by Eleben »»
2 minutes ago

» WTF is the point of sexualizing male characters? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Mar 30

67 by Eleben »»
3 minutes ago

» What is the biggest problem in the world of anime in your opinion? ( 1 2 )

castle2001 - Yesterday

50 by rsc-pl »»
5 minutes ago

» How much time do you spend discussing anime?

RobertBobert - 4 hours ago

10 by CorayyAnime »»
14 minutes ago

» Best grey haired girl?

Spunkert - Feb 4

7 by Serafos »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.