Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 26, 2013 4:24 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
The Kintoki and Obiwan arcs were awesome. Sadaharu is one tough dog. Pretty touching episode too. Back to reading the manga again.

Oct 24, 2013 12:17 PM

Dec 2012
Aww~! I can't believe it's over T.T It was a pretty emotional episode
This season was awesome & I hope we can get more!
Feb 9, 2014 3:25 AM

Sep 2013
That was a nice ending! Much better than original show had. It seems they've learned something.

I so felt the reference to Grave of the Fireflies.

Looking forward to more Yorozuya, hopefully already in fall or winter season! Pls?

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeApr 9, 2021 4:26 AM
Mar 19, 2014 10:39 AM

Oct 2013
The last episode was gold, i need more episodes like seriously, the fight between Gintoki and Takasugi hasn't been settled, and i really curious about Gintoki's past how does his childhood like and everything. I love this show very much !

Overall score 10/10, now onto the movie, i'm so excited..
Mar 25, 2014 9:14 AM

Jan 2012
this was so emotional
i hope the show comes back soon
time to watch the movie now
May 30, 2014 2:10 PM

Sep 2012
Sadaharu!
Pretty touching last episode.
Jul 28, 2014 8:38 AM

Jun 2012
This episode was making me tear up. Seeing the dog lie still with the flies buzzing around made me think the worst, but I'm happy it ended well. Gintoki always comes through, and Sadaharu taking care of it all episode long was sweet.

Really gonna miss Gintama now, considering I marathon'd about 160 episodes over the last 12 days or so. There's still the film to watch but then I'll be waiting for the inevitable (or so I hope) new season.
Oct 13, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
wasn't planning on giving this a 10/10 but goddamn this show was fantastic

easily in my top 10 (would be higher but gintamas slow start is pulling it down)
Oct 17, 2014 10:44 PM

Dec 2013
Need new season NAUUUUU
I'm too old for this sh**t.
Oct 19, 2014 7:50 AM

Apr 2010
Just finished re-watching Gintama. I must say: I want it back now! I miss Gintama so much! Okay, off to re-watch again...
Dec 23, 2014 12:49 PM

Jun 2014
Hijikata couldn't throw away the dog

Zura still playing that kick the can game back in the last arc.
zat-bustDec 23, 2014 12:53 PM

Dec 31, 2014 7:38 PM

Apr 2014
omfg... Shinsengumi going crazy over a puppy LOL. Sougo tho ;v; He was so nice, he couldn't leave Sadaharu alone.
Zura on standby LMAOOOOO. It was so expected, but still so hilarious. Frick.

But wtf? Sadaharu was left in that cage?
Gin-chan was able to open the stray's cage though.
Wtf
Feb 28, 2015 3:25 AM

Jul 2013
Now, all I have to do is listen Gintama OST-Take Care Buddy nonstop until April.
Mar 1, 2015 1:04 PM

Aug 2012
For those who think Sadaharu has left Yorozuya because he was in a cage or it wasn't a good ending because he was in a cage, you gotta remember that they were in an animal hospital! The other dog was taken out of the hospital because the family probably had enough money to do so but Sadaharu was malnourished and, as usual, our favorite trio doesn't have enough to take Sadaharu so he's gotta stay there for abit, logically. Just gotta use your common sense guys x)
Mar 23, 2015 7:23 PM

Nov 2012
Cute episode focusing on Sadaharu,it was so adorable when he started taking care of the little puppy.

Glad the little puppy was adopted/found a home ;___;

As for this season same as the previous two Gintama 7/10.
[size=50]Maybe Gintama° will finally be an 8/10,but for now I'll watch the movie sequel to this.
Apr 2, 2015 2:13 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit fuck, I really thought they were going for the ''dead dog drama'' thing. Pffffiou, day is saved. I was sweating when it was looking like he wasn't breathing anymore D:
We knew that Sadaharu wouldn't die, but the other cute dog, I wasn't so sure.

It was a cute, but so damn moody last episode. Welp, up to the movie, now! Or before the OVA! MORE GINTAMA, PLS.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 29, 2015 11:59 PM

May 2014
Well, at least they confronted the fact that Zura was inexplicably missing throughout the SagaSaga arc.

This episode is the most heartwarming episode in these 13 episodes, plus, it's about Sadaharu!

Onto the Movie!
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jun 6, 2015 3:44 PM

Feb 2012
Honestly, although this season was very short in comparison to the rest, I think it's my favorite. I honestly loved all the arcs and the episodes. Sadaharu's episode had me crying like I haven't in a long time. Thank you Gintama <3
Jul 15, 2015 4:01 AM

Jan 2015
This season was great, Gintoki's past, Shinpachi and Otae flashback, amazing arcs, funny moments and some of the best action in the whole series! This episode was okay. Looking forward to watching the movie!
Jul 28, 2015 1:52 PM

Sep 2010
Was this really only a single episode. Somehow it felt much more than this. I really expected the last episode to be full of gags and random rumbling about season ending again and yet the last ep was this greatness.

Generally this whole season was full of great arc. I mean I at least thought that when the show started the parody of starwars it will be the gag arc (which I also like very much) but no it was another greatness over greatness.

I usually don't like to give ten to two different seasons of the same series and simply give it to the original first season but I simply can't not do that in this case.
Jul 30, 2015 7:20 AM

Dec 2010
Jeez, what an episode. Gave off strong Grave of the Fireflies feels, but thankfully without the depressing ass ending.
Oct 11, 2015 3:01 AM
Nov 2014
Brilliant way to end the third season with a very touching Sadaharu themed episode. Sake was literally running out from my eyes for a second because I thought the small puppy died :( I'm very HAPPY that it ended on a positive note, seeing Sadaharu crying almost broke my heart. Take a bow Gintoki.

Gintoki is a real bro and perhaps the best father figure in any anime or fiction even, the effort he putted in to take care of Sadaharu, Kagura and Shinpachi speaks for itself. The amount of respect I have for Gintoki is insurmountable, and that is why he is my favourite anime character of all time.

While this season wasn't as great as the last two, I enjoyed this one alot as well. Gintama is a fantastic series that keeps on delivering every single seasons.

8/10 for Enchousen.
Nov 12, 2015 12:29 PM
Nov 2013
Sadaharu is so cool!
Nov 16, 2015 4:43 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Sad episode. Poor Sadaharu and that dog. Friendship between dogs are the best! Lol at Katsura hiding for this entire time. Poor Zura!!

5/5
Nov 29, 2015 3:55 AM
May 2013
This was bad , it needed more Zura , when he will get 51% of the screen time Gintama will be good .
Mar 1, 2016 4:48 PM

Jul 2013
Oh my God.. this is was the last episode so I thought to myself what's Gintama gonna do to make this show memorable. Then they went on and delivered this masterpiece of an episode.

When Sadaharu was struggling to find ways to get fish and feed the puppy I just cried man. It reminded me so much of The Grave of the Fireflies. Another awesome movie right there I might add. When the siblings made camp out in the woods and the older brother was trying really hard to find whatever that is edible to feed himself and his little sister. His frail, cute, and God-sent little sister... What happened to Sadaharu and that puppy in this episode was very similar to that. Maybe they got the idea from it, I don't know. I'm just so damn happy that puppy survived and found home.

Thanks Gintama. Now I'll go help myself with the next season.
May 7, 2016 12:52 PM

Sep 2014
Didn't enjoy this season nearly as much as the previous 2, was still good tho. Good episode too.
8/10
Jun 8, 2016 1:43 PM

Nov 2014
Poor Sadaharu. :c
Hi there
Jul 11, 2016 2:35 PM

May 2011
Man, this episode left a really bad taste in my mouth. Yeah, everything ended well, but cmon Gintoki, did you really have to be such a massive asshole about it (the shiteating grin didn't help either)? Making Sadaharu nearly starve to death and think that his little friend died just to teach him a lesson? That's low, man.
JoeQJul 11, 2016 2:38 PM
Jul 19, 2016 11:55 AM

Aug 2014
Poor Sadaharu lol.
Overall i think the season is fine but I liked the first two seasons better.
I like Stand alone episodes more than Arcs in Gintama, they deliver a better comedy imo.
6/10
Jul 19, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2011
Welp. I just finished Enchousen in a day. This is probably the most fun I've had watching Gintama, not necessarily just the comedy or action, but overall which really says something. I think it's safe to say at this point Gintama has proudly earned a spot in my favorites. 10/10.
Aug 15, 2016 12:26 PM

Aug 2010
LOL Zura's appearance😂 Indeed I was expecting his appearance during that arc but he didnt even make as much as a second in that whole arc and that was surprising!

Nice to see an episode on Sadaharu. Seems like he did learn something and hopefully appreciate his family more :D

Ahh it's the end of the Enchousen season. It's so short and yet so good! Now going on to the next one...damn I dont want to catch up until the latest one available because the wait is going to be all the more torturous TT_____TT
Nov 1, 2016 11:55 PM
Nov 2016
i cried inside when katsura admitted how he deserved to be in that arc, since it had something to do with "shoyo sensei"
seriously.. :/ my only qualm about gintama is this, it even make katsura admit how badly he wants and deserves to be some serious arcs, but most of the time its like sorachi forgets about him.. sigh ._.
its pretty cruel considering the truth about katsura's feelings.. itd be fine if he had no relation with shoyo or if he wasnt part of the shoyo 3...

during my first watch i was too distracted by the newness of it all to notice this, but on my rewatch seeing katsura left out like this, just really sucks ._. benizakura showed part of just how much he values shoyo, that its practically the same as takasugi's. then while katsura is on stand by that last arc, it shows how he was there with the decapitated head of shoyo, with the 3 of them, but its only gintoki and takasugi that gets a role in the arc.

then we see how in ways, he was much closer to gintoki than takasugi in the past as well, again another reason why he deserves to be there when gin is in trouble.

i just wish sorachi didnt create ties between katsura and all these main plots, if he was just going to be used as a gag character and discarded for serious arcs :/

even kondo, a person much further away from main plot and more gag role, has more screen time and involvement in arcs... idk, maybe sorachi is worried katsura might overshine the MC or something, it just makes no sense

i know this was a heartwarming ep with comedy but seriously... this part really killed me about katsura, i wouldve posted this sooner had i found out this thread during my first watch, ages ago xD

aside from this, this episode was beautiful and one my favorite gintama eps, the feels were really good
Dec 8, 2016 4:00 AM

Dec 2012
I'm happy to have waited to see this season, now I can directly start the new one :). It was a beautiful episode to end this badass season

Gintama is life!
Dec 29, 2016 5:33 PM

Dec 2015
Zuraaa!! It's been a while since he last appeared, hiding under that building for two months lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 31, 2016 6:11 PM
Aug 2016
Forever Odd Jobs >.<
Feb 24, 2017 9:13 AM

Apr 2009
I think this is the best season of Gintama.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2017 2:58 AM

Feb 2013
Good god that episode made me feel too many feels....ugh....I about cried...

Anyway, good season....I would have liked to see more funny episodes rather than serious arcs. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the serious arcs in this anime, but it's the funny episodes that got me to love this anime in the first place.

9/10

Ready to watch the movie, and then continue on with this wonderful anime.
May 14, 2017 1:21 AM

Sep 2010
Top notch as always
Aug 16, 2017 5:08 PM

Jul 2013
So with that episode about Sadaharu the season ends. I'm so amazed, it's the third season and there's absolute no qualitiy drop. It got even better.

The arcs in Enchousen were awesome and I really loved them, especially because compared to the last 2 seasons these arcs had a more serious note. Also we heard and saw even if it was just a little bit more of Gintokis past (his sensei). I'm curious how much more they will show in the movie.

All these ideas they have are so different and unique from what you see in any other anime. The mix of comedy, action, sadness is just perfect. So this season also gets an easy 10/10! :)

Jan 20, 2018 3:48 AM

May 2015
Couldn’t stop laughing at the shit-scot part. Loved that the shinsengumi guys loved the puppy. It would have been great if they kept a such a cute thing as a police dog.
Feb 1, 2018 2:36 PM

Nov 2016
Fairly average episode,especially in contrast to what we got before,still an awesome season overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2018 1:13 AM
May 2015
That puppy so cute!
Apr 29, 2018 9:02 PM
Sep 2017
Enjoyed this ep - some very sweet, touching moments, but mixed with plenty of laughs, too. Hijikata & his mayonnaise - bleaagghh, lolol. Sacchan - wtf? Hahahaha.
Zura (sorry - I mean Katsura), still hiding for kick the can - that was freaking hilarious! I love how this show always makes fun of itself! It knows the things fans are going to question, & calls itself out on them.
Overall, this was a wonderful season. The 3 arcs were top-notch, especially the Courtesan arc, which is my favorite to-date.
Gintoki Sakata has also solidified himself as my favorite anime character of all.
Time now for the movie & maybe catch up on some OVAs!
I will be heartbroken when this show really does end.
Mar 31, 2019 10:35 AM

May 2015
Awwww....what a cute episode. Season solid as always.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 10, 2019 3:48 AM

May 2016
100/10 can't say I ever seen all these great arcs in such short 13 episodes truly magnificent.
May 31, 2019 11:24 PM

Sep 2017
What the fuck, Gintama. I expected a funny episode after the preview last time and this is what I get? I wasn't ready for this at all. Sadaharu better come back. I'll be pretty sad and upset if that's how they get rid of that character. This was a touching episode. Glad the puppy made it out alive. And thus concludes Gintama': Enchousen. Now it's time for the movie that "ends" Gintama.

GytanzoJun 29, 2019 7:52 PM
Nov 19, 2019 4:00 PM
Apr 2016
Aww, what a wholesome episode, even though most of the episode was really really sad. Great season.
Nov 21, 2019 2:52 AM

Mar 2015
Omg what a touching episode this was! That little pup was so cute
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 1, 2020 10:58 AM

Jan 2013
FFS Gintama, you can't do me like that.
That was heartbreaking until the end, I knew Gin would never be able to harm Sadaharu or the puppy but I really did have doubts there ...

Fantastic season though!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Oct 11, 2012

121 by _untitled »»
Apr 29, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyack - Feb 7, 2013

203 by lordgaara »»
Apr 24, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 21, 2013

116 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Mar 14, 2013

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 7, 2013

101 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 8:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.