Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 19, 2013 1:20 AM

Jul 2012
well im sure we all saw something happening in the river that would require Nishizumi to save someone but i must say those jumps were legit.
Mar 19, 2013 2:47 AM

Jul 2009
That maus felt like it was pulled out of nowhere.

Still - great episode, made all this waiting totally worth it.
Mar 19, 2013 3:03 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Too bad it couldn't be a fair fight
Mar 19, 2013 3:11 AM

Aug 2012
It was worth waiting :D

Great ep
Mar 19, 2013 3:34 AM

Sep 2012
A maus... hahahaha.
Mar 19, 2013 4:31 AM

May 2012
awesome miho :)
Mar 19, 2013 5:02 AM

Sep 2008
okanagan said:
zenjamibu, thank you for providing that reference information.

For those of you who want to be able to refer to the original source, you can find the
rules in the right column of this: http://girls-und-panzer.jp/img/special/giveout2.jpg
It is written in Japanese. The type is very, very small. However, if you blow it up as
much as possible it is very clearly legible.

I am not aware of anywhere else where this information was officially put out. So I
believe that this is the original authoritative source.

Here is a translated version that I found: too big so it is behind a spoiler.
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Mar 19, 2013 5:04 AM

Jan 2013
was expecting some serious mood and predicament, but still fantastic.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Mar 19, 2013 5:37 AM

Sep 2008

” Girls und Panzer ” Oarai Ibaraki Town Real and Anime location Map
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Mar 19, 2013 6:48 AM
Mar 2013
Makaizen said:
I had a feeling that PzIII was leading Oorai to something big....If only the Maus was that intimidating in WoT

Imagine yourself driving a PzIV or Hetzer, I bet the Maus would be just as intimidating then.

Damnit, I love Oorai, but after the final part of the episode, where the opponent drives in formation with Panzerlied in the background.. Daaaaaamn. I cheer for the germans now!
Mar 19, 2013 7:57 AM

Apr 2010
This was worth the wait tho i hope the last episode will air a bit faster then this one did.

The tactics used here where a lot of fun to watch especially the Hetzer coming up from behind the enemy formation.
That the Panzer in the city was leading them into a trap was expected but then again a really awesome trap that Maus was a monster.
I also like Miho's dedication to her team she takes good care of them and it even seemed to have some effect on her mother.
Mar 19, 2013 8:05 AM

Feb 2012
This episode was mind-blowing!

However so far I'm not impressed with Maho as a commander,all she has done is to rely on the brute force of her tanks and a simple trap tactic with the Maus.
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

Mar 19, 2013 8:08 AM
Feb 2012
Can't watch yet, I wanna give it a 5 out of 5 but I have to wait for all to finish!
Mar 19, 2013 9:32 AM
Nov 2012
Can someone tell me who let a MAUS into the battle! this is overkill at it's finest definition. But overall awesome episode. Just please don't kill the Porsche Tiger
Mar 19, 2013 10:32 AM

Jan 2013
bluedragon777 said:

However so far I'm not impressed with Maho as a commander,all she has done is to rely on the brute force of her tanks and a simple trap tactic with the Maus.

With enough good weapons and numbers you don't need tactics lol.

Panzerlied made a damn fine touch on this ep. And I expect the hero's to win...but unless they have a S2 planned, I'm just not seeing how they will. Unless they hijack the Maus..Or knock some buildings down on it. The only respectable tanks they have left is the Tiger (P) and the Panzer IV. I mean so far most of the "kills" have been from attacks on the treads or engine compartments. I gave up asking why no one ever dies long ago. Hell thats like asking how little girls handle those tanks and lift the damn shells for the guns on the bigger tanks.
RedArmyShogunMar 19, 2013 10:43 AM
Mar 19, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2012
nseika said:
Okay, forgot about the details in previous episode, but Miho (and the audience) should have known there's Maus in Kuromorimine's lineup don't they ?
Remember Yukari had to sneak in Saunder's to spy what tanks they were going to use in the match? Apparently what tanks are in the lineup is not revealed to each other before the match.

However, the number of tanks seem to be known to all sides. When Miho counted Kuromorimine having 17 tanks left during the battle around a hill slope, she was already counting the two tanks that were not in action at that spot. This is proven by the last scene of the Kuromorimine's tanks in a V-shape formation. You can count there are 15 tanks there, so Miho's 17 includes the two tanks hidden in the town area already.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 19, 2013 12:12 PM

Oct 2011
Maus :D in next time let them pull Ratte or some other product of insanity. It would be awesome to see Sturmtiger (or Sturmpanzer at least).
But they actually showed it like something that can be usefull in battle - that is an acchievement, one thing I had here was: Why didn't girls try to hit its wheels or at the building to hold it down for a moment.
Now I wonder how they will disable it or use it, because why not.

And that Hetzer... aww nice to see it bringing chaos to enemy lines :)
Mar 19, 2013 12:44 PM

Nov 2012
So cool tanks being introduced. Lol at superhuman jumping without even getting a running start there.

Mar 19, 2013 12:55 PM

Aug 2011
Great episode. Just what i'd expect i really loved this one after it beening absent for so long. DAT MAUS damn thats just unfair
Mar 19, 2013 1:52 PM

Apr 2010
bluedragon777 said:

Did Maho put the vice commander in charge of the tactics during last episode.
Which means she is only looking how things are unfolding for the time being.
RedArmyShogun said:
Panzerlied made a damn fine touch on this ep. And I expect the hero's to win...but unless they have a S2 planned, I'm just not seeing how they will. Unless they hijack the Maus..Or knock some buildings down on it. The only respectable tanks they have left is the Tiger (P) and the Panzer IV. I mean so far most of the "kills" have been from attacks on the treads or engine compartments. I gave up asking why no one ever dies long ago. Hell thats like asking how little girls handle those tanks and lift the damn shells for the guns on the bigger tanks.
Miho can win by taking out the flag tank.
The Maus might be strong it has a weakness it weighs 180 tons and the biggest problem at the time was that they could not find a engine powerful enough to propel it to it's maximum speed of 20 km per hour which isn't very fast to begin with.
The engine they could find could only propel it to a maximum speed of 13 km per hour so it's very slow so Miho and her team can out run it especially it the city with lots of things to hide after.

20 km is about 13 miles
13 km is about 8 miles
Mar 19, 2013 2:27 PM

Sep 2012
symbv said:

Bonus:

Pwned!
Mar 19, 2013 4:06 PM

Feb 2012
Theoretically the Tiger P could eliminate the maus if it shoots it directly into the back at a 90 degree angle.

Since they are obviously playing by "1 penetration kills" rules.
bluedragon777Mar 19, 2013 4:35 PM

Mar 19, 2013 5:20 PM

Apr 2012
That was a great episode.
Truly worth the wait.
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

Mar 19, 2013 7:26 PM
Oct 2012
bluedragon777 said:

Humm, if you discounted her leading her tanks through the forest to launch the initial surprise attack, conversing her supplies with the smoke diversion, not allowing her forces to be diverted by the Turtle eam, quickly adapting her forces to assault the mountain, then quickly marshaling her forces when they panicked, figuring out that the Turtle team was going to try to surprise attack them again, and then figuring out the way to deploy the Maus to her best advantage, all while only losing two tanks against an extremely innovative opponent.

Yeah, I guess if you don't consider those things, she has been a bit below average in commanding :-)

Maho has been excellent. The hardest, yet most important thing a commander needs to be able to do is to not panic, and not let their forces get too excited and give their opponents an opportunity. For all Miho has done, Maho has been on her like a smothering glove. Remember 2 episodes ago (okay it was 3 months ago), when Maho defended Miho's victory to her mother, she listed Miho's strengths very succinctly and her strategy up to now has done a great job at defining a strategy to deal with her. Also, don't forget that Maho is limiting in her style (also stated in that episode) because she has to prove that the Nishizumi strategy is the best, both to the world, but for Maho, more importantly, to Miho. She is going to win her way and so she has absorbed what Miho had to throw at her.
Mar 19, 2013 7:34 PM
Jun 2009
I heard that 128mm shell is about 60lbs, is it true?
Mar 19, 2013 10:30 PM

Jul 2012
Hold up just let me count how many times this kids would have died many times over already
Mar 19, 2013 11:23 PM

Sep 2012
Hey, look at what you guys all have done !!!

http://stats.grok.se/en/201303/Panzer%20VIII%20Maus

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 19, 2013 11:26 PM

Oct 2012
soluuloi wrote:
I heard that 128mm shell is about 60lbs, is it true?

Yes, I believe that is about right, based on this Wikipedia page for a comparable
128 mm gun:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12.8_cm_PaK_44

Note that the weight of the "projectile" (i.e. the bullet) is less than the weight of
the shell, since the shell includes the "charge" (i.e. the gunpowder).

My guess is that Saki Maruyama, the loader on the Rabbit team, would not be
able to be able to lift such a heavy shell.
okanaganMar 19, 2013 11:32 PM
Mar 19, 2013 11:52 PM

Sep 2012
Blatant product placement found LOL

What is Anzu holding in her hand? It is a book named 萌えよ!戦車学校 (Moe yo! Sensha Gakkou / Moe! Tank School) published in 2005 which is a guide about tanks done in moe style. The illustrator of the book, Takeshi Nogami, also assisted in the character design for GirlPan anime.

In the anime, the book's name is changed to Moe yo! Senshado but it is a thin disguise anyway. To check the book itself, here is its page in Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E8%90%8C%E3%81%88%E3%82%88-%E6%88%A6%E8%BB%8A%E5%AD%A6%E6%A0%A1%E2%80%95%E6%88%A6%E8%BB%8A%E3%81%AE%E3%81%99%E3%81%B9%E3%81%A6%E3%82%92%E8%90%8C%E3%81%88%E7%87%83%E3%81%88%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AF%E3%83%81%E3%83%A3%E3%83%BC-%E7%94%B0%E6%9D%91-%E5%B0%9A%E4%B9%9F/dp/4871496929

Mar 20, 2013 12:33 AM

Oct 2012
Right now you can see 30 pages of that book that symbv mentioned in his Post #80.

Here's how:

1. Click on the link provided by symbv above in his post #80.

2. Click on the adorable girl wearing glasses.

3. Just to the right side of the book image, there is a small blue arrow which
appears and disappears depending on where you located the mouse.

4. Slowly (just once) click on this blue arrow.

5. You can see 30 pages of the book.

6. Immediately above each page is a small button labeled 拡大+

7. In fact, there are two small buttons. I am talking about the right button.

8. Press the 拡大+ button multiple times to increase the image size.

9. You can also make it smaller by pressing the button to the left.

10. Your "PageUp" and "PageDown" keys are even more convenient to use
to get from one page to the next page.

11. If you have a mouse wheel on your mouse, that is the most convenient
way to comfortably scroll down through the entire 30 pages that they let
you see. In fact, the book is 194 pages long.

Thank you, symbv, for this link.
okanaganMar 20, 2013 1:10 AM
Mar 20, 2013 2:02 AM

Mar 2012
worth the wait.

Garupan/10
Mar 20, 2013 2:33 AM

Feb 2010
Great Episode, That was certainly worth the wait that Maus was a Beast!
Mar 20, 2013 2:57 AM

Nov 2009
Great Episode with a lot of action packed in!!!

Great play by Miho to help her team and that MAUS is so dominant. Wonder how the team will win against that?

Looking forward to the next episode!!!

Mar 20, 2013 3:26 AM
Mar 2013
Anybody know what kind of range-finder did Yukari use in this episode? It's about 15:58.
Mar 20, 2013 3:32 AM

Jun 2011
Yes, finally! Awesome episode, specially after such a long break :)
Damn, that Maus surprised me xD How can you even hope to stop that monster? Well, I guess Miho will come up with a strategy
Mar 20, 2013 6:33 AM

May 2012
silverlight001 said:
Anybody know what kind of range-finder did Yukari use in this episode? It's about 15:58.

I only saw this pic on Twitter. Hope this helps.

Mar 20, 2013 6:51 AM

Sep 2012
^ Thanks for your pic above, using this I find that it is a German Entfernungsmesser (range finer)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J08361,_Entfernungsmesser_einer_Vierlings-Flak.jpg

Mar 20, 2013 7:36 AM
Mar 2013
Thanks for answers!
Mar 20, 2013 7:51 AM

Apr 2011
It's a MAUS trap!!!

After 3 months of waiting(and a bit of torture) it's finally back. And it reminded how It brings a smile to my face and why it's so good to watch every episode over and over again.

Miho has once again impresses us again with her amazing tactics and turtle teams trolling tactics like they did against the Pravda team. I'm amaze how high she can jump. I never expect her to be that athletic. More badass points for her their.

While team turtles' harassment was the most hilarious part, seeing Erika lose her composure had me smiling from ear to ear.

The moment Miho's team chased the Panzer III(fast and agile little brute) I knew it would be a trap because is already happen before. I thought that thing was leading them to Maho's many tanks but to see a HUGE tank the looks like a fortress had me widening my eyes. I laugh when the girls thought it was a gate or a wall.

I end up watching Commiesubs because Hiryuu's subs will take a week. I can't wait that long! lol
Mar 20, 2013 8:02 AM

Sep 2012
Magito said:
seeing Erika lose her composure had me smiling from ear to ear.l
And something that got me smiling even broader is this scene with Erika:

Mar 20, 2013 8:23 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
Magito said:
seeing Erika lose her composure had me smiling from ear to ear.l
And something that got me smiling even broader is this scene with Erika:

Same scene that I was referring to. Seeing her go bonkers is a sight to see.

That's what she get for belittling Miho's team.

Also, choosing the auto club for Tiger P was the perfect choice since it gets mechanical problems quite easily. It was even badass when they destroyed
the bridge.

Repairing the tank on the move was awesome.
MagitoMar 20, 2013 8:26 AM
Mar 20, 2013 8:26 AM

Sep 2012
Magito said:
But I am talking about the girl who is kneeling next to Erika... Don't you feel that she would have a glimpse of Erika's ***** ? LOL

Mar 20, 2013 8:27 AM

Apr 2010
okanagan said:
Right now you can see 30 pages of that book that symbv mentioned in his Post #80.

Here's how:

1. Click on the link provided by symbv above in his post #80.

2. Click on the adorable girl wearing glasses.

3. Just to the right side of the book image, there is a small blue arrow which
appears and disappears depending on where you located the mouse.

4. Slowly (just once) click on this blue arrow.

5. You can see 30 pages of the book.

6. Immediately above each page is a small button labeled 拡大+

7. In fact, there are two small buttons. I am talking about the right button.

8. Press the 拡大+ button multiple times to increase the image size.

9. You can also make it smaller by pressing the button to the left.

10. Your "PageUp" and "PageDown" keys are even more convenient to use
to get from one page to the next page.

11. If you have a mouse wheel on your mouse, that is the most convenient
way to comfortably scroll down through the entire 30 pages that they let
you see. In fact, the book is 194 pages long.

Thank you, symbv, for this link.
There was another tank girl manga with 3 junior high students that own a Panzer III i think.
The art of the manga on that Amazon page looks a lot like it i can't remember the name of it though.
Mar 20, 2013 8:36 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
Magito said:
But I am talking about the girl who is kneeling next to Erika... Don't you feel that she would have a glimpse of Erika's ***** ? LOL

Oh Sorry. I didn't saw your comment below the picture.

Most probably yes. She did have a good angle of view. But I think she's more amuse on seeing Erika going crazy.

Thinking of Pantsu. I remember the director posted on the blog said, he won't allow fanservice but the staff are welcome to try and sneak one scene.
Mar 20, 2013 8:53 AM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
There was another tank girl manga with 3 junior high students that own a Panzer III i think.
The art of the manga on that Amazon page looks a lot like it i can't remember the name of it though.
That must be セーラー服と重戦車 (Sailor-fuku to Juu-sensha / Sailor suit and Heavy tank). It is by the same artist who did the illustration for Moe-yo Sensha-gakkou, Takeshi Nogami.

By the way, although Moe-yo Sensha-gakkou has some manga, it is not categorized as a manga because the vast majority of the pages are text (with some illustrations or archive photos) that explains everything about tanks, its structure, mechanism, armament, tactics, history, national difference, historical usage etc etc. So in bookstore it is actually placed in "non-fiction history/military" section, not manga section. And the book was so popular that it spawned at least 5 sequels, and that was the days long before Girls und Panzer (or even Strike Witches).

Mar 20, 2013 9:25 AM
Mar 2013
It's the same book that Saki read on Ep2
Mar 20, 2013 10:04 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
Aversa said:
That must be セーラー服と重戦車 (Sailor-fuku to Juu-sensha / Sailor suit and Heavy tank). It is by the same artist who did the illustration for Moe-yo Sensha-gakkou, Takeshi Nogami.

By the way, although Moe-yo Sensha-gakkou has some manga, it is not categorized as a manga because the vast majority of the pages are text (with some illustrations or archive photos) that explains everything about tanks, its structure, mechanism, armament, tactics, history, national difference, historical usage etc etc. So in bookstore it is actually placed in "non-fiction history/military" section, not manga section. And the book was so popular that it spawned at least 5 sequels, and that was the days long before Girls und Panzer (or even Strike Witches).

Cool info! I think that what's they got the idea of creating Girls und Panzer from!
Mar 20, 2013 12:07 PM
Feb 2012
I have played too much WoT and read and watches shows and articles about tanks that this episode was ruined by it. :D I mean anime is ''never'' realistic but geez...that hetzer and river part....
Mar 20, 2013 3:03 PM

Feb 2012
Magito said:
symbv said:
Magito said:

Oh Sorry. I didn't saw your comment below the picture.

Most probably yes. She did have a good angle of view. But I think she's more amuse on seeing Erika going crazy.

Thinking of Pantsu. I remember the director posted on the blog said, he won't allow fanservice but the staff are welcome to try and sneak one scene.

Yes he did.Let's hope they can surprise us all in the last episode.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2012

191 by giannis85 »»
Jan 18, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2012

191 by yakisobaman »»
Jan 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Dec 10, 2012

320 by giannis85 »»
Jan 4, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2012

164 by giannis85 »»
Nov 20, 2023 2:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.