Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 25, 2013 4:44 PM

Oct 2012
Red_Keys said:
Half the time, people chime in with crap like "you don't have to be so rude", or "you need to calm down", or "why are you so angry".

AKA white knight bullshit.
That's not really white knighting, that's just being a hypocritical faggot. Like, "u mad bro?" or "get a room" or "people make anime because they like to have fun and eat cookies, y u hate?" or "if you don't like my favorite anime, then don't watch it, y u ruin discussion?"...
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 25, 2013 4:46 PM

Mar 2011
Red_Keys said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Were you even abrasive?

When I think of abrasive, I think of B-, no wait, you can all fill that blank.
Maybe "condescending" would be a better word.

Everyone here can be condescending (or worse) at times. I think I am at times, but since no one has ever told me, I assume that everyone loves me, or is wildly indifferent.... It's obviously the former...

Anyway, I would consider "White knighting" if someone who shared my opinion was arguing and they couldn't argue for shit, because I'd feel compelled to defend my own viewpoint both from the other guy and from the guy I'm white Knighting.
Feb 25, 2013 5:46 PM

Sep 2011
I always wondered what this is called. I just called it a bunch of loser friends being ass hats or forum ganging. I've seen circles pick on 1 guy because they don't like him and try to get him banned. I've seen mods part of those circles and ban people as well. All just bangwagoners.

I've had people do this for me and have had people do it against me as well. It's another reason I don't seriously argue with people on the internet.

Honestly, it isn't just for girls. It's like a bunch of fools everywhere do this. They are either someone's friend, trying to suk up to someone, trolling, or don't like you for some petty sht, and they will do everything they can do to hold it against you.
MadScientistFeb 25, 2013 5:56 PM
NEETs (No Employment Education Training) are the least desirable people anybody would want to hire and yet they are the first choice to become moderators/admins around the internet. They have yet to have established a sense of responsibility or role in society and many are plain leeches (with minor exceptions). They are given "authority" to police sections of the internet with the powers of The Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Isn't that weird?
-Migrating to another site-
Update 11/9/2016 - Inactive Over a Year. Logged in to laugh at elections.
Feb 25, 2013 8:04 PM

Jan 2011
MadScientist said:
I always wondered what this is called. I just called it a bunch of loser friends being ass hats or forum ganging. I've seen circles pick on 1 guy because they don't like him and try to get him banned. I've seen mods part of those circles and ban people as well. All just bangwagoners.

I've had people do this for me and have had people do it against me as well. It's another reason I don't seriously argue with people on the internet.

Honestly, it isn't just for girls. It's like a bunch of fools everywhere do this. They are either someone's friend, trying to suk up to someone, trolling, or don't like you for some petty sht, and they will do everything they can do to hold it against you.

I don't really think you get it.

White knighting is when a man, or rather, a boy on the internet, defends a girl, expecting some sort of romantic twist to emerge in the aftermath.

Usually it starts with a girl, who says something incredibly stupid or racist, and everyone else proceeds to call her a fucking idiot. Inevitably, somewhere in the cosmos, some oh-so-ronery sad little soul will enter the conversation and vehemently defend her honour, no matter how wrong she is, because he thinks she'll dig him if he does that.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Feb 25, 2013 8:10 PM

May 2012
I don't really think you get it.

White knighting is when a man, or rather, a boy on the internet, defends a girl, expecting some sort of romantic twist to emerge in the aftermath.

Usually it starts with a girl, who says something incredibly stupid or racist, and everyone else proceeds to call her a fucking idiot. Inevitably, somewhere in the cosmos, some oh-so-ronery sad little soul will enter the conversation and vehemently defend her honour, no matter how wrong she is, because he thinks she'll dig him if he does that.

Feb 25, 2013 8:15 PM

Sep 2011
@ Vinter Ah you are right. I can't keep up with all these memes/new internet slang. I just went based off what the OP posted as definition. I Urban Dictionaryd it for examples and that cleared it up. Thanx for clearing that up. I had it backwards. Guess the ass hats/bandwagoners/etc i listed are just the ass hats/bandwagoners/etc and the white knight is the 1 that stands up against people regardless of who it is.

"Poster A: <Says something unfunny>
Poster B: Shut up, douche.
White Knight: Hey, leave him alone. Why are you all ganging up on him?
Poster B: Quite white knighting, douche."
NEETs (No Employment Education Training) are the least desirable people anybody would want to hire and yet they are the first choice to become moderators/admins around the internet. They have yet to have established a sense of responsibility or role in society and many are plain leeches (with minor exceptions). They are given "authority" to police sections of the internet with the powers of The Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Isn't that weird?
-Migrating to another site-
Update 11/9/2016 - Inactive Over a Year. Logged in to laugh at elections.
Feb 25, 2013 8:21 PM

Feb 2010
I stopped paying attention to gender the moment I found out one of our regular's was female but still read her text in a masculine voice. Though I swear some of the guys have distinctively effeminate posting habits.

>nb4Igetblastedforgenderstereotyping.
Feb 25, 2013 8:49 PM

Jan 2011
Akito_Kinomoto said:
I stopped paying attention to gender the moment I found out one of our regular's was female but still read her text in a masculine voice. Though I swear some of the guys have distinctively effeminate posting habits.

>nb4Igetblastedforgenderstereotyping.

HOW DAER U! My mother was a gender stereotype and I find that I am far too lazy to finish this joke.
Feb 26, 2013 4:50 AM

Apr 2012
Vinter said:
Immahnoob said:
Vinter said:
No one took my bait... Well screw you people too! >:(

Your bait's too obvious, why would somebody waste time on that?

Which is ironic, since this is the same forum where claims that transgender people can breed with themselves was taken seriously. xD

Woah, don't tell me, I basically started telling people in a discussion that I know females with penises (futanari) in real life, that were born females and could actually impregnate other females.

Not only that, they also believed me when I said I know some that have children.

It was a way to show how stupid their argument was.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 26, 2013 5:09 AM

Jan 2011
Immahnoob said:
Vinter said:
Immahnoob said:
Vinter said:
No one took my bait... Well screw you people too! >:(

Your bait's too obvious, why would somebody waste time on that?

Which is ironic, since this is the same forum where claims that transgender people can breed with themselves was taken seriously. xD

Woah, don't tell me, I basically started telling people in a discussion that I know females with penises (futanari) in real life, that were born females and could actually impregnate other females.

Not only that, they also believed me when I said I know some that have children.

It was a way to show how stupid their argument was.

No, I was referring to AllAnimeIsEqual's posts, which were obvious trolling, but people were responding like he was 100% serious.
Feb 26, 2013 8:08 AM

Apr 2012
I never said that I was the one you mentioned, I was just saying my situation was similar...

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

23 by cody »»
3 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

75 by cody »»
5 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

27 by Astachanna »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 9 hours ago

15 by RyuRabbit »»
2 hours ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.