Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2012 4:34 PM

Feb 2010
xxanimeee said:
I hate it when people are taken as hostage

me too.. deeply angers me... this show is highly effective at pushing my buttons. such quality.
Dec 24, 2012 4:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Skylavis said:

Akane's friend's name is Yuki. Yuki means snow. Snow fell as this episode ended. She was pure, yet the Sibyl System didn't protect her and viewed her murder as something justified.

Yup. That was the whole point Makishima was trying to demonstrate to Akane.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 24, 2012 5:29 PM

Nov 2009
I love Makishima.
Dec 24, 2012 6:04 PM

Aug 2011
What's the BGM when Senguuji is looking/fighting Kougami? Thanks.
Dec 24, 2012 7:09 PM

Apr 2007
Vanisher said:
But the 0 crime coefficient was really exaggerated -.-
haha seriously that was ridiculous. All-around awesome episode though. Dat Makishima, such an intriguing character.

Also gotta say, I really love how they make slight changes with the ending depending on how the episode ends, it always flows so well. The lovely songs helps too of course <3
Dec 24, 2012 11:30 PM

Jun 2011
Amazing. The best episode I have seen of anything in quite some time. Yuki's death was just simply fantastic. I was thinking either he wouldn't actually kill her or somebody saves her at the last second.

I feel so exhilarated from all of that despair. Oh man this is great.
Dec 25, 2012 12:15 AM

Nov 2007
You stupid bitch holy shit. She literally just stood there and did nothing while her friend died. That was brutal.

I was really starting to like Yuki adn then boom.

Damn it.

Kogami was pretty cool at least.

Fuck they really made Makishima a character you badly want to see die.

Dominator was freaking useless if he's got an exploit. That's why they should have traditional weapons too, but she wouldn't use it. Even if it messed up her coefficient to use it. How could she just watch her friend die. I mean wow.
Dec 25, 2012 2:15 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
5/5 that was great. What a troll, about to kill someone and his psycho pass is at 10. I was thinking that that'd probable also be the case if they tried to measure Johan's pp.
I was at the edge of my seat.
Poor Akane, will she end up in the dark side?
Dec 25, 2012 7:03 AM

Aug 2009
I like this : D Finally an anime with some balls :3

Dec 25, 2012 10:14 AM

Mar 2010
The best episode so far. I could really feel the characters' emotions. Makishima was kinda cool (not sure why I like sadist characters) and I really felt bad for Yuki, poor girl, it was clear she would die the second she appeared in these 2 episodes. I'm really curious about Makishima's "ability". Maybe it has no importance, but I felt like his crime coefficient got lower the closer he was to killing Yuki, I wonder if it means something. After all, I doubt they would just throw 0 crime coefficient like that in this episode without a meaning. Anyway, this episode made me raise my rating, I wonder how it will change until the end. Either way, this show is on the best way to my favourites list if it keeps this up. But I'll leave thinking about what to kick for the last 2 episodes. XD
Dec 25, 2012 10:16 AM

Nov 2009
Just now I watched it again. I'm still shaking... from happiness xD. What a beautiful scene.
bakuramariksDec 25, 2012 11:17 AM
Dec 25, 2012 4:34 PM

Jun 2012
HikaruIzumi said:
The best episode so far. I could really feel the characters' emotions. Makishima was kinda cool (not sure why I like sadist characters) and I really felt bad for Yuki, poor girl, it was clear she would die the second she appeared in these 2 episodes. I'm really curious about Makishima's "ability". Maybe it has no importance, but I felt like his crime coefficient got lower the closer he was to killing Yuki, I wonder if it means something. After all, I doubt they would just throw 0 crime coefficient like that in this episode without a meaning. Anyway, this episode made me raise my rating, I wonder how it will change until the end. Either way, this show is on the best way to my favourites list if it keeps this up. But I'll leave thinking about what to kick for the last 2 episodes. XD

Maybe if he doesnt kill his psycho pass goes up? or the longer he goes without killing/manipulating someone to kill someone the higher his CC will rise?

Just guesses, i hope they really go into detail with it
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Dec 25, 2012 9:28 PM

Aug 2012
As a person who values friendship more than anything this episode really infuriated me beyond belief. I was going to go to sleep after finishing the episode but now I'm so filled with rage I don't even feel tired anymore.

I always had the underlying thought that Yuki would die, but towards the end there I actually thought she'd make it until Makishima took her...I knew she was doomed when that happened. What pissed me off wasn't that she died...it was that Akane just stood there like a moron and LET her die. I mean seriously, what in the actual fuck? I thought Akane was alright up until now but now? No. Just no. Excuse my language but I just can't even BEGIN to comprehend why you would just stand there and let your friend get killed. And her pathetic attempt at firing the shotgun didn't make things any better.

If it were me I'd have taken a firm grip of that shotgun and shot him. I'd rather become a latent criminal and have my friend still be alive than do what Akane did. Akane disgusts me now.

But despite saying all that I can't imagine how Akane felt in that situation, the Sibyl System that she had so much faith in didn't even budge to this guy...heck, it even went down to 0. But her friend's life should have been more important to her.

Overall it was a good episode and very dramatic. Only downside to it being Akane.
Dec 25, 2012 9:45 PM

Nov 2012
is it safe to assume this episode took place in what it's suposed to be Makishima's or Senguji's house above the execution ground??

feretto said:
Really nice music choice during the duel. Especially in the end, when the cyborg approached the barrels to look behind them the lyrics "Alle Menschen müssen sterben" was sung, which would translate to "All humans have to die". I really thought of this as a foreshadowing of him getting killed even though he had those immortality fantasies.

Dang o.O... Reading this forum is good.

DarkKiss said:

Actually the lyrics are : "Alle Menschen werden Brüder", which means "All humans become brothers".

And yes, great episode. Right now I hate Makishima even more. I wonder what will happen to Akane, what will be her other friend's reaction when she learns what exactly happened. I can't wait for the next episode.

u.U ok
Dec 25, 2012 10:30 PM
Sep 2012
God that was pretty brutal to watch, but every second watched, i was so intrigued.
Words can't describe how good this episode was.
Dec 25, 2012 11:52 PM

Feb 2008
I love shows like these. It was brutal to see Yuki die like that, but it was even more brutal watching Akane be useless in front of Makishima, but regardless it's a damn interesting show :D.
More episodes nao please!
Dec 26, 2012 5:32 AM

May 2010
Finally the villain showed himself, now I'm sure from this point on the series will get more interesting !!

{spoiler] So Mikishima Psycho Pass is clear huh, I guess that's how he manage hide himself even the Sibyl System !!
Dec 26, 2012 6:08 AM
Jun 2010
Great episode, perfect bad guy.

Akane.... I actually was thinknig her friend deserves to die due to how weak Akane is.
Brilliant plot development, a bad guy who cant be judged by the law.

Wonderful.
Dec 26, 2012 7:25 AM

Jan 2008
This episode is so good yet painful. Yuki got killed and snow fell at the end of the episode...
Dec 26, 2012 8:05 AM

Dec 2008
I'm REALLY glad Akane's not my friend! Gawd, she's f**king useless! She watched that lunatic kill her friend and did nothing but blindly shoot the rifle.

I can't wait to see the fallout that comes after the Public Safety Bureau learns that their precious Dominator can't judge Makishima and is therefore full of s**t! Looks like right now would be a good time to start doubting the wisdom of the all seeing and all knowing Sibyl System.
Dec 26, 2012 12:41 PM

Jul 2012
Great anime. I love when the ending music hit.
Dec 26, 2012 1:55 PM

Jan 2008
Best episode so far.
Dec 26, 2012 3:49 PM

Jun 2012
Villetta_Nu said:
I'm REALLY glad Akane's not my friend! Gawd, she's f**king useless! She watched that lunatic kill her friend and did nothing but blindly shoot the rifle.

I can't wait to see the fallout that comes after the Public Safety Bureau learns that their precious Dominator can't judge Makishima and is therefore full of s**t! Looks like right now would be a good time to start doubting the wisdom of the all seeing and all knowing Sibyl System.

Well damn im sure if you were in a situation like that you would go right ahead and kill makishima.
Dec 26, 2012 4:06 PM

Mar 2012
Misiakk said:
Great anime. I love when the ending music hit.

Mr Polar Bear, same voice actor as Makishima XD
Dec 26, 2012 10:28 PM

Mar 2011
kiljoy said:
MsDiva said:
Yumekichi11 said:

This really hits the pits cause Shougo does not register at all with the system. If anything he is DNA/Brain altered. This is impossible that the system does not react to him. At worst he has Admin privileges of the Sybil system and where he may be registered as part of the creating team. There he can as easily as Kayaba did in SAO before dying in implementing something to make the system not recognize him or his crime coefficient. It’s either that mind alterations as to never raise his Crime Coefficient.

Not necessarily true. I don't think he some sort of Admin privileges, matter of fact, he said so in his dialogue w/ Akane, He stated he was always like this since he was young, it's something that was basically biological within that made him naturally immune to being judged by the System.

I think that Akane might have the same ability as Makishima of always having a low crime coefficient. Although she is not totally twisted like Makishima.

Also I love shows that have suspenseful situations that seem like there is no way out of them... and then they don't get out of them.

I share those sentiments. Getting out of impossible situations is just so cliche now. So when something magically or completely random doesn't happen, it's nice and refreshing (realistic too). But yeah, this episode really bothered me because while I did sympathize with her, I really wanted her to do SOMETHING. Not just well, stand there.
Dec 27, 2012 4:26 AM

Jun 2008
Honestly I used to like Akane, she was honest and cute and I identified myself with her insecurities but after this episode I dislike her so, so much. Surely she lacks experience but FOR GOD´s SAKE, no matter what, any person in her position would have dropped the sybil gun and shoot the criminal with the other gun. Leaving her best friend to die like that is humiliating, she deserves all the suffering and grieve because she did nothing. Lacking as a professional is acceptable due to her lack of experience, but not trying your everything to save your best friend is just unacceptable.
Still, I have great hopes for Akane now. I hope she becomes stronger and never NEVER lets a friend of her to die again because of her hesitation and fear.

and honestly Im I the only one who feels more "chemistry" between Akane and the old guy than Akane and Shinya? LOOOL. Because Masaoka is always protecting her LOOOOL.

Also, I hate the criminal but he has a point: Sybil system sucks and does not consider human individuality. It is stupid to have a system like that that does not count your own will despite what traits you have.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 27, 2012 2:14 PM

Oct 2012
Damnit...is Psycho Pass seriously going on break? I guess we do need a two week breather after this episode but the waits going to kill me.
Dec 27, 2012 4:45 PM

Jun 2012
Omg Ko got hurt but thankfully he's all right :).
I REALLY DIDN'T WANT AKANE'S FRIEND TO DIE... I literally shouted "No!" when she got sliced. And I really react to anime in such a way :( Why didn't Akane just shoot him... then again the show wouldn't continue if the antag. died just like that xD. I really want to see the next episode.
君と僕の間によこたわる空
Dec 28, 2012 12:12 AM

Dec 2010
Well finally! I'm actually starting to enjoy this show now. The beginning was a long ten episode introduction but it was fine. Now this plot...this plot is good. I like the hints the show is telling us about Shogo and Akane.

Akane so moe! She'll be okay. Hopefully.

The Dominator seems to judge the mind on categories like noticeable aggression(parts of the brain will emotionally light up like on brain scans), insanity, mental instability, etc but like the baddie says the Dominator cannot judge a person's will. I like where this is going.
Dec 28, 2012 2:22 AM

Jan 2011
I wonder what Akane's crime coefficient is right now. She may turn into a enforcer if she doesn't have enough luck. I think Makishima thinks differently and there for doesn't emit the whatever that the Sybil System uses.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 28, 2012 4:24 AM

Dec 2009
D; Yuki ...
I had a feeling Akane wouldn't be able to use the gun, but I was hoping so much that something miraculously stopped Makishima from killing Yuki.

I kinda thought the Sybil system was flawed but never wanted it proven in such a manner... though I think Akane will only get stronger ... eventually.
Dec 28, 2012 10:14 AM

May 2010
Point aim shoot, not hard at all. Wow, just wow.

Girl want through all that and still ended uo dying. what a shame. there never a happy ending episode, someone who innocent always has to die.
Dec 28, 2012 11:07 AM

Feb 2012
Awesome and sad episode the part that made me clench my teeth was when Makishima killed Yuki right in front of Akane...
Dec 28, 2012 11:55 AM

Nov 2009
Akane does not have experience with this type of guns. As other people have said, Masaoka said he had not seen such a gun in a long time. Now, even if she took the shot gun (or whatever it is called, i'm not familiar with guns), she could have killed her friend instead of Makishima. An unexperienced person firing this type of gun? No way in hell, who knows what might have happend. Add to this the fact that she was feeling betrayed/confused (by the Sybil system) and that her friend's life was at stake. I'm pretty sure all of you would play it hero/heroine if you were in this kind of situation >.>
I would not risk shooting with a type of gun i'm holding for the first time.
And she could have been in a lot of trouble if she killed an "innocent" man like Makishima, according to the system.
Dec 28, 2012 11:58 AM

Oct 2010
Pessoa said:
Yumekichi11 said:

This really hits the pits cause Shougo does not register at all with the system. If anything he is DNA/Brain altered. This is impossible that the system does not react to him. At worst he has Admin privileges of the Sybil system and where he may be registered as part of the creating team.

It'd be better if there's a problem with the system itself. Take enforcers, they cannot be called bloodthirsty criminals. I think the story will develop that way. and the moral lesson of the cartoon will be that machines cannot rule human soul or something similar.
I agree of your morale but yeah both are possible. A problem with the system or a self biological/DNA exceptional structure.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 28, 2012 11:09 PM
Oct 2011
Can't wait for the next episode.
Dec 29, 2012 1:13 AM

Apr 2010
Ah the poor kind hearted inspector Akane... MY ASS!
She is the worst main heroine I ever saw! It's her own fault that Yuki died, she could save her, insted she was shaking and whining like a little puppy.
Shougo could do us a favor and kill her too, the story would so much enjoyable without her!
Dec 29, 2012 4:17 AM
Nov 2008
CocoNoelle said:
Ah the poor kind hearted inspector Akane... MY ASS!
She is the worst main heroine I ever saw! It's her own fault that Yuki died, she could save her, insted she was shaking and whining like a little puppy.
Shougo could do us a favor and kill her too, the story would so much enjoyable without her!

I wouldn't go that far, but that whole scene made me really angry. Just fucking drop that Dominator already, grab the shotgun with both hands and tear his shoulder apart. She wasn't far from him and she recieved basic shooting training so it wouldn't have been impossible. Yeah it would've probably dislocated her shoulder, but she (I assume) did that just fine while firing onehanded. Instead she locks down and lets her friend die.

Edit: On the plus side I think Akane will become a total badass like Kougami because of what happened. And it was great for the show, just made my liking for Akane completely null.
MalestelDec 29, 2012 4:23 AM
Dec 29, 2012 7:35 AM

Jul 2011
Ahh poor Yuki!! I was waiting someone to come after Akane for the entire Makishima scene, since Akane being hopeless there. POOR YOU YUKI ಥ_ಥ

Dec 29, 2012 7:36 AM

Jun 2009
Akane . why would u shoot a shotgun with one hand. and goooooodnessssssss =_=
" your friend or your crime coefficient" le sigh.
But i realized if this doesn't happen to her. She wouldn't be put on the same situation as Kogami so.. ehh the story has to progress somewhat.
Pretty goooood episode. but hate the fact that the next episode isn't going to air for another 2 weeks.. IM GUNNA DIE!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Dec 29, 2012 7:50 AM
Aug 2012
you keep whining why she couldnt kill makishima and dont try to think

- she's a girl , AN INNOCENT NORMAL GIRL wtf do you guys think she is ? beyonetta ? ofc she couldnt kill off a low psycho lv person just like that

- she had no firearm experience how could she hit him with 90% accuracy like kira yamato or amuro ray ?

- you guys dont even know HOW SHOTGUN WORKS , even if she aim well and fired the thing that would ended up injury both makishima and her friend

- and who said that wasnt a shotgun ? makishima took the gun from the old man , how was it NOT A SHOTGUN ?

and , CocoNoelle , you do not understand the personality of akane , there is no way in hell she could kill makishima at that moment , both mentally or physically

Mod Edit: Removed offensive parts.
LunaDec 30, 2012 9:01 AM
Dec 29, 2012 8:37 AM

Jun 2012
bachou said:

- she's a girl , AN INNOCENT NORMAL GIRL wtf do you guys think she is ? beyonetta ? ofc she couldnt kill off a low psycho lv person just like that

- she had no firearm experience how could she hit him with 90% accuracy like kira yamato or amuro ray ?

- you guys dont even know HOW SHOTGUN WORKS , even if she aim well and fired the thing that would ended up injury both makishima and her friend

- and who said that wasnt a shotgun ? makishima took the gun from the old man , how was it NOT A SHOTGUN ?

and , CocoNoelle , you do not understand the personality of akane , there is no way in hell she could kill makishima at that moment , both mentally or physically

lol. i am glad.

It seems that any form of realistic characters in anime is disliked these days xD but i am happy this went the way it did, sad for yuki though. i dont like last minute hero saves, like if she were to just grab the shotgun and shoot makishima (probably hit yuki as well to) and it wouldnt have made sense for her to do that.

Put anyone in her shoes and they would be shaking like a little bitch, yet they all act like the situation was perfectly easy and manageable by akane alone. "oh just take the shotgun and shoot him dammit" even though she has no firearm training and is under immense pressure because one of her best friends has a knife at her throat and is also absolutely shitting her pants because makishima's crime coefficient is normal then goes to 0 as he kills. the system she believed has just been fucked over right in front of her face.

Shooting the shotgun with 1 hand:

1. she didn't know it was a shotgun, she does't know real guns

2. she wanted to hold the dominator to see if his crime coefficient would rise as he gets lose to killing, that is how the system is supposed to work and the entire world has been using it so why wouldn't she place her trust in the system?
LunaDec 30, 2012 9:00 AM
Dec 29, 2012 10:48 AM

Oct 2011
what it confused me the most is how Makishma has that confidence to give the shotgun to Akane ... he is not afraid to be killed !? ... He said it's a test .. I really think that this man is crazy or something .
Dec 29, 2012 11:41 AM

Jun 2008
bachou said:

LunaDec 30, 2012 9:02 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 29, 2012 2:13 PM

Oct 2010
Dysoth said:
I loved how Masaoka didn't arrive in time, because normally he WOULD, somehow managing to save yuki.

Loved to see akane despair, seeing her little world in which justice always wins crumble.

All I came to say. Agree with bachou on pretty much all of the points, though you could say it a bit more respectfully. But Akane's still dumb as all fuck to hold that shotgun in one hand. Not to mention her left hand.
Dec 30, 2012 1:14 AM
Nov 2008
bachou said:

She had firearm experience. What do you think Dominators are, popguns? You have to aim them and they have a big kick. Like every gun that isn't designed with built in recoil supression like bullpups. Yeah it would've been hard but the logical thing to do in that situation would have been to drop the dominator. That was the one annoying thing there. If you are going to shoot anyway shoot with two hands. Of course you will miss if you fire a hunting rifle one handed. Closing her eyes I can forgive, bc she probably wasn't prerpared for the muzzle flash and bang of a traditional gunpowder weapon.

Yes Akane acted in character. When that scene started you already knew that Yuki was dead. That's fine from a story standpoint. It still makes you like Akane less, because she didn't do everything in her power to try and save her friend.

You can argue that she didn't wínt to kill Makishima and that's why she didn't even try to shoot properly, but in these kind of situations the defensive instinct towards loved ones usually wins. Or she broke down so hard due to the pressure that she just blocked down, which, again, would be in character but makes her weak and less likeable (to me).
LunaDec 30, 2012 9:02 AM
Dec 30, 2012 3:14 AM
May 2009
So this chick is willing to kill him with a super gun but wont use a rifle and shoot him? Da Fuk? She just let her friend get her throat slit. She needs to step that detective game up and realize that she's gonna be more f'd up over seeing that then she would have from just shooting the guy. I mean c'mon her partner seems pretty on the ball and he just blew a guy and his dog to pieces. SMFH I honestly hope she just turns into some souless enforcer because of this that'd be entertaining to see.
NinJah15Dec 30, 2012 3:20 AM
Dec 30, 2012 6:59 AM

Nov 2012
sigh... whoever said "she should've dropped that dominator" just doesn't understand things at all -_-"

I agreed with banchou minus the rude words tho, especially about how shotgun works.
well at least she's better than Shu to me.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Dec 30, 2012 11:03 AM
Nov 2008
WorldInverse said:
sigh... whoever said "she should've dropped that dominator" just doesn't understand things at all -_-"

I agreed with banchou minus the rude words tho, especially about how shotgun works.
well at least she's better than Shu to me.

It was a hunting shotgun and he was standig easily within effective range without any kind of cover (if you watched the bullet/pellet impacts when Senguuji was firing on Kougami they looked more like slug rounds then normal rounds, but they were probably normal rounds judging by Kougami's injury). He was also standing next to the girl and not behind her. If Akane was scared of hitting her friend (which clearly wasn't the case cause she fire onehanded while flinching back), she could've just aimed at his right side and you have zero problems. She just blocked down, simple as that. She had the resolve, she just acted stupidly.
Dec 30, 2012 12:55 PM
Jul 2012
Damn what a great episode this is!
That bastard killed her. Akiane should of use the shotgun property and not miss the enemy.
Like that headshot by Kogami.
Great show! Wish they realease a new episode already.
5/5
LegendGoldDarkDec 30, 2012 1:03 PM
Pages (15) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

287 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

351 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 3, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2013

293 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 3, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

331 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 3, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.