Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2012 3:00 PM

Aug 2009
hyperknees91 said:
I forget, is there any reason Kirito can't get a second sword before heading out..or does he have to use another players?

I guess that he never thought about Dual before the fight with Eugene.And right after that he gave all of his money to the Lords....
Dec 8, 2012 3:01 PM

Aug 2009
Magito said:
Sorry Recon, but Sugu-chan isn't for you. She still belongs to his onii-chan and nothing else. :P

How did he get that card? Did I miss something last episode?
Yes.Asuna dropped it in the beginning of the ep.
Dec 8, 2012 3:02 PM

Aug 2008
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:
I forget, is there any reason Kirito can't get a second sword before heading out..or does he have to use another players?

I guess that he never thought about Dual before the fight with Eugene.And right after that he gave all of his money to the Lords....

Lawl poor Kirito...
Dec 8, 2012 3:02 PM
Sep 2012
hyperknees91 said:
His sword is a two-handed sword while his previous ones were one-handed.
Dec 8, 2012 3:05 PM

May 2010
If people like the LN so much, stop watching the anime.
Sick of the these "the LN is better comments".
If you think so, go read the LN again then.
Dec 8, 2012 3:08 PM

May 2011
Hirouey said:
If people like the LN so much, stop watching the anime.
Sick of the these "the LN is better comments".
If you think so, go read the LN again then.

They aren't mindlessly bashing it, and are providing reasons why its better. And why would anyone stop now, only 3 episodes left.
RockerXDDec 8, 2012 3:19 PM
Dec 8, 2012 3:09 PM

Aug 2008
AiCon said:
hyperknees91 said:

He still dual wields with it though (HAX).
Dec 8, 2012 3:17 PM

Jun 2009
Cmon UTW where are the subsssssssss.
Dec 8, 2012 3:18 PM

Feb 2012
can someone please explain why he can still dual wield.

i thought he lost his ability to do that we he went into the new game
Dec 8, 2012 3:20 PM

May 2011
savl0n said:

Think of it as this, DW in SAO is a stance, in ALO, its not a stance, its just equipping a weapon to your main hand and off hand, so anyone can do it.
Dec 8, 2012 3:21 PM
Sep 2012
hyperknees91 said:
AiCon said:
hyperknees91 said:

He still dual wields with it though (HAX).
The same way he smashed through all those guardians in the end when he received Suguha's sword - he's Kirito and he mostly slashes from the top with the big one.
Dec 8, 2012 3:23 PM
Oct 2012
savl0n said:

Dual wielding doesn't require a skill. The <<Dual Wield>> skill in SAO gave him boni and the ability to use dual wield sword skills like starburst stream. SAO revolved around sword skills, so using two swords without the <<Dual Wield>> skill and losing the ability to use sword skills was completely unviable if you wanted to survive.
ALO doesn't have sword skills, so there is no penalty to using two swords if you have the combat experience to utilize this style.
whatever123456Dec 8, 2012 3:28 PM
Dec 8, 2012 3:37 PM

Apr 2012
Yui also explained that all of the skills he had in SAO were retained in ALO. (Episode 16). SAO physics/world essentially the same as ALO

Dec 8, 2012 3:38 PM

Aug 2009
Zeally said:
Yui also explained that all of the skills he had in SAO were retained in ALO. (Episode 16)

Irrelevant.

Dual Wield isnt a skill in ALO.
Dec 8, 2012 3:39 PM

Jul 2010
THAT Drill moment and Kirito face... Pace was much better than previous episodes. At-least he entered in the final realm.

It would've been lot better without cheesy drama and that early fight. I think Author is so much obsessed with drama overall. I wish if he had just keep it a bit straight even if that imouto loves his onii-chan.
Dec 8, 2012 3:39 PM

Sep 2011
Does this mean no more "Crawliiiin'" vids? ( •_•)
Dec 8, 2012 3:41 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
Zeally said:
Yui also explained that all of the skills he had in SAO were retained in ALO. (Episode 16)

Irrelevant.

Irrelevant? It's a bug in the system. He already said he was a cheater instead of a BETA tester (beater) this time around. I was explaining why he retained dual wield. Go back and watch episode 16

Dec 8, 2012 3:42 PM

Aug 2009
Zeally said:
ssjokg said:
Zeally said:

Irrelevant.

Irrelevant? It's a bug in the system. He already said he was a cheater instead of a BETA tester (beater) this time around

Skills from SAO that matched skills in ALO were retained.

Again, Dual Wield isnt a skill in ALO.Even if he has it he cant use it.
Dec 8, 2012 3:43 PM

Feb 2012
Man they should have just bunched them up and AOE'd them all down. L2P! clearly that raid group were all casuals XD
Dec 8, 2012 3:45 PM

Aug 2009
The_Mad_Wizard said:
Does this mean no more "Crawliiiin'" vids? ( •_•)

We still have the next ep.Prretty sure someone could use the scenes from there.
Oct 2012
Zeally said:
ssjokg said:
Zeally said:

Irrelevant.

Irrelevant? It's a bug in the system. He already said he was a cheater instead of a BETA tester (beater) this time around. I was explaining why he retained dual wield. Go back and watch episode 16

Him dual wielding isn't a bug, see my post above.

Dec 2009
Epic EPISODE. Dam 2 more episodes only.
Dec 8, 2012 3:46 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
Zeally said:
ssjokg said:
Zeally said:

Irrelevant.

Irrelevant? It's a bug in the system. He already said he was a cheater instead of a BETA tester (beater) this time around

Can't use dual wield? He's been using it all this time. Right it isn't a "named" skill but is it pretty clear he is dual wielding
zzzeallyDec 8, 2012 3:49 PM

Dec 8, 2012 3:47 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode in my opinion. Kirito so close to saving Asuna. Cannot wait for next weeks episode.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 8, 2012 3:49 PM

Jun 2012
This episode was one of the cheesiest I've seen all year. There were so many things in this that had me laughing for the wrong reasons I don't even want to begin to list them off. Recon's self sacrifice was probably the biggest face palm moment for me Sigh.... Almost to the finish line Hybrid you can make it.....*whispers to self*
Dec 8, 2012 3:51 PM

Aug 2009
Zeally said:
ssjokg said:
Zeally said:
ssjokg said:
Zeally said:

Irrelevant.

Can't use dual wield? He's been using it all this time. Right it isn't a "named" skill but is it pretty clear he is dual wielding

here whatever123456's post
"Dual wielding doesn't require a skill. The <<Dual Wield>> skill in SAO gave him bonus and the ability to use dual wield sword skills like starburst stream. SAO revolved around sword skills, so using two swords without the <<Dual Wield>> skill and losing the ability to use sword skills was completely unviable if you wanted to survive.
ALO doesn't have sword skills, so there is no penalty to using two swords if you have the combat experience to utilize this style."

You dont need a skill for ANY move in ALO.As long as you have experience with it you can use it.

We have been saying this since the fight with Eugene.
ssjokgDec 8, 2012 3:56 PM
Dec 8, 2012 3:58 PM

Mar 2010
Well that was pretty much entertaining, at least not focused too much on the romantic stuff. Nice music at the final scene. Though from now on it's pretty obvious that will be in the next 2 episodes.
Btw obviously healers should get some aggro on them too, so if tank is not good enough they will be targeted.
But if the arrow is straight
And the point is slick
It can pierce through dust
No matter how thick...
Dec 8, 2012 4:02 PM

Oct 2010
Loved this episode. 2 to go, I can't believe it. It's pretty obvious they'll do a 2nd season, anyway.

Also, by the looks of it, I guess we won't see more of Silica and Liz this season. They COULD animate the part where they show up after rescuing Asuna, but I doubt that will happen.
Dec 8, 2012 4:06 PM

Aug 2009
Limechan said:
Loved this episode. 2 to go, I can't believe it. It's pretty obvious they'll do a 2nd season, anyway.

Also, by the looks of it, I guess we won't see more of Silica and Liz this season. They COULD animate the part where they show up after rescuing Asuna, but I doubt that will happen.
Last ep is titled World Seed.If you read the LN you know what that means right?
Dec 8, 2012 4:07 PM

Sep 2012
Episode was pretty good, lots of action. Music was great as usual

I just felt sad for Recon though, since when he confessed all he got was a punch.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"I don't do anything I don't have to. What I have to do, I do quickly." -Oreki Houtarou
Dec 8, 2012 4:07 PM
Dec 2011
This show just gets worse and worse. Should have ended in after the actual SAO bit.
Dec 8, 2012 4:08 PM

Feb 2012
Limechan said:

i think a second season is going to happen. what is going to happen? will Asuna get stuck in another game?
Dec 8, 2012 4:09 PM

Apr 2011
ssjokg said:
Magito said:
Sorry Recon, but Sugu-chan isn't for you. She still belongs to his onii-chan and nothing else. :P

How did he get that card? Did I miss something last episode?
Yes.Asuna dropped it in the beginning of the ep.

Oh okay.I'll just re-watch episode 22 later.
Dec 8, 2012 4:10 PM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Limechan said:

Last ep is titled World Seed.If you read the LN you know what that means right?
Do PM me for that one. I want to know of its meaning....world seed....SAO 2?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 8, 2012 4:10 PM

Aug 2009
savl0n said:
Limechan said:

i think a second season is going to happen. what is going to happen? will Asuna get stuck in another game?
No.Too long to explain but Asuna barely shows in the next arc.
Dec 8, 2012 4:11 PM

Feb 2012
Oh man, Racon went ham, and exploded lol, and damn that was some World of Warcraft raiding right there when that help arrived.

Looking forward to next episode and "Asuna rescue thing" conclusion, cuz' last episode (ep 25) will probably be Asuna and Kirito chillin' in real world.

And lol'd at that Elf boss locking himself up.
Dec 8, 2012 4:30 PM
Dec 8, 2012 4:31 PM
Nov 2012
LOL at Suguha having to settle for with that girly loser.
Real life issues, real life issues everywhere.
Dec 8, 2012 4:34 PM

Nov 2008
Great episode overall. I was a tad bit dissapointed in a couple of things tho, first the drill, and i get what everyones saying about how it made more sense, and kirito doesnt have dual wield, but i mean in his fight with general eugene it still looked awesome, so why not again, even if it isnt more effective? Also, Im glad that sugu and kirito r friendly again but I did want kirito to make sugu realize that he loves Asuna, instead he told her that he has a chance. Maybe im sounding ignorant bc i havent read the LN, but im an Asuna fan and i dont want any competition from kirito's cousin
Dec 8, 2012 4:39 PM

Jan 2011
J-Just two more of this.. and it will be over
Dec 8, 2012 4:43 PM

Jul 2010
Well, that episode was bleh.
Dec 8, 2012 4:47 PM
Dec 2011
Show has been bleh for qiute a while. Just hope there is a reasonable conclusion.
Dec 8, 2012 4:50 PM

Aug 2008
Honestly why do they seem so surprised about getting help from the the two races they knew they were coming and even welcomed their aid in a previous episode and to even as why they tried alone. Kirito is an mmo play and should understand that to progress further it should be treated as they did in SOA. Not to mention i think in a previous episode where he was in the hospital he was told how long until the marriage was happening so correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think he is in a drastically huge rush? I don't know if its just me but it feels like as this anime goes on it continues to develop more and more plot holes and also I feel that they keep pushing the dues ex machina/main character=superpower notion just too often.
Dec 8, 2012 4:50 PM
Apr 2011
I was laughing and laughing when Recon sacrifices himself for no reason at all. Leafa gets all sad as if his death actually meant something. She later sees Kirito getting sliced up and just stares in awe, tears flowing, and then goes 'oh right, I need to be healing'.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2012 4:52 PM
Oct 2009
DeskTopHero said:
Episode was pretty good, lots of action. Music was great as usual

I just felt sad for Recon though, since when he confessed all he got was a punch.

Just don't forget that recon tried to kiss her by force ,he deserved the punch
Dec 8, 2012 4:53 PM
Apr 2011
Iazrien said:
Honestly why do they seem so surprised about getting help from the the two races they knew they were coming and even welcomed their aid in a previous episode and to even as why they tried alone. Kirito is an mmo play and should understand that to progress further it should be treated as they did in SOA. Not to mention i think in a previous episode where he was in the hospital he was told how long until the marriage was happening so correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think he is in a drastically huge rush? I don't know if its just me but it feels like as this anime goes on it continues to develop more and more plot holes and also I feel that they keep pushing the dues ex machina/main character=superpower notion just too often.

I think the fact that Kirito can die in the elf game has made him retarded. No longer is he thinking logically, now he just rushes in with his wang flailing about. And why shouldn't he? It's not like it matters if he dies.
Good note on the time limit. Even more evidence to Kirito being a retard. :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2012 4:54 PM

Jan 2009
Excuse me, A-1, but what the fuck do you think you're doing?
OosranDec 9, 2012 5:06 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 8, 2012 5:04 PM

Jan 2009
episode is good, but i could have like it more if the battle scenes are more intense
Dec 8, 2012 5:10 PM
Dec 8, 2012 5:11 PM

May 2012
The whole Sugu problem was solved pretty fast. An the battle for that was.... Terrible. Still loved the epsiode, an the main fight wasn't all that bad. Once again looking forward to next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

51 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 1, 11:33 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Apr 26, 4:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.