Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 27, 2009 6:18 AM

Aug 2008
All of the Grell part was amazing. She's such a fangirl hahaha xD

I enjoyed this episode too much. And I love the new character :D (Noriaki Sugiyama <3)

Sebas-chan is a sadist xD! And the London Bridge song was just creepy... Love the soundtrack :)

overfunk said:
Somehow Shinigami organization works better than in Bleach. Must be the British administration.
HAHAHAHAH, your comment is made of win xD

Aug 6, 2009 2:43 PM

Jan 2009
i didn't like the funeral because i didn't accept the funeral!! >_<
c'mon, this was only ep no 6 [not to mention that madam died in ep 5] and they already killed off the most promising and vibrating supporting character of the series??? i just feel that Madam Red had way much to offer as a character and it would have helped us sympathize more with her reasons if they would have kept her "alive" longer, show more flashbacks, explain bit by bit, not just throw everything in our face!

and i'm pissed that she was the reaper. why couldn't it have been that stupid chinese guy? he's really getting on my nerves...

and btw [besides the whole Shinigami matter which made me think of Bleach almost instantly] am i the only one whom Spears reminds of Uryuu Ishida? they're so much alike... they even have the same voice!!

Sep 18, 2009 5:09 PM

Aug 2009
I thought in many respects that this episode was very exciting and yet very sad. I was happy to see more things including Grell and such. <3 He's so fun. And then the whole Madame Red thing is really quite sad. :/
Sep 20, 2009 4:17 PM

May 2008
Ah, a dramatic funeral, that could only exist in fiction.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 26, 2009 7:30 PM

Jun 2009
They built up the tension so much for the finale but then Sebastian just clogged up Grell's magic chainsaw with his coat. I was expecting him to pull out some wierd demon power or at least falcon paunch him but that was so unexpected that I couldn't stop laughing. That a wool coat stopping a chainsaw that can cut through rock is so implausible only made it funnier. xD

Grell's attempts at being funny, on the other hand, just squicked me.
Sep 27, 2009 4:14 AM
Sep 2009
Grell cracked me up with how flaming he is especially with his comments towards Sebby~
However, I do have to agree this was one of the most saddest episodes that I've seen so far of Kuroshitsuji cause I just loved Madame Red. She was a beautiful lady and I will miss her.
Sep 27, 2009 4:58 AM

Jul 2009
pretty good episode. loved the fight and grell's outrageous personality. Sebby is awesome as always. The end of the episode was great with the allusions, Ciel is beginning to remind me of light in the beginnening of death note.
Oct 2, 2009 4:27 PM

Aug 2009
I have a feeling we are going to see Greil in the future and I wonder if there's more to Ciel than just business. He has to have some sort of weakness, right?

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Nov 9, 2009 7:15 PM
Jul 2008
I really enjoyed seeing Madam's memories.
We got to see a bit about Ciel's parents =]

But honestly, I wasn't sad when she died.
She went crazy o.0
What happened to her was tragic, yes, but...wow.
Cutting prostitutes' wombs out of their bodies is...psycho.

All in all, great episode =D
Jan 23, 2010 6:50 AM

Aug 2009
What the fuck?! We get an organization of Grim Reapers. Now I'm starting to wonder if there's a demon organization too, lol. That guy that came to pick up Grell seems to be strong too. He catched the chain saw with two fingers, damn.

This episode is an okay episode. Not enough action I must say, but it was still good. I wonder if that Undertaker has some powers too. Also, in the end, why did Ciel told Sebastian not to betray him? Didn't the contract stated no betrayals allowed? Lol.

I guess a new arc is going to come next episode. About te opium drug, I think. Also, Ciel is the queen's watch dog? I wonder who the queen is.
Feb 26, 2010 3:09 PM

Jan 2010
i wonder wat sebastian meant when he drop the king chess peice, is that wat will happen in the end? he will leave ceil? and i dont get why they call him earl....
Feb 28, 2010 9:34 AM

Jul 2009
I would like to know why Sebastian does not really seem to care about Ciel???
They are always together and somehow it seems that Sebastian DOES care about him but the characters description says he doesn't care about Ciel so what??!!
Does he care about him or not (he likes to watch Ciel suffer somehow o.o)
Jun 29, 2010 4:06 AM

Jul 2007
Greil : i want to have your babies!

i read that and i laughed, it was hilarious, but also weird, then euwww (..disgusting).. and i laughed again after watching Sebastian reaction, he felt the same way like i did..
Jul 3, 2010 1:41 PM
Mar 2010
Priceless when that old man came in the record LOL
Jul 4, 2010 12:01 PM

May 2010

It was a bittersweet episode indeed!!
I am apart from everything and a part of everything.

Frozen Fire, Tim Bowler
Aug 10, 2010 12:22 PM

Mar 2008
The dialogue at the end kinda pisses me of..
there's no need for them to repeat the line over and over again..
yeah, we know you'll never leave ciel's side & betray ciel (have a feeling he will.. even if it's only an indirect-betraying.. oh well, i might be wrong though xD)..
same goes to the "i am one hell of a butler"..~ i can see perfectly fine that you are indeed one awesome butler! :/
i'm probably the only one but i didn't really care about the funeral (*heartless* xD)
oh and the fight was good.. except of how he stopped the chainsaw.. that was really kinda lame ~_~
Vanessa-Aug 10, 2010 12:30 PM
Aug 16, 2010 7:22 AM

May 2010
The fight was awesome.. with a mix of comedy..

But to see that Sir Spears with that two fingers holding the chainsaw, I thought he's a

badass.. Can't wait to see more of him..
Aug 27, 2010 1:46 PM

Feb 2010
Great episode imo. The music is great at complimenting the scenes.... and now we know about the "reaper" organization.

I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES!!!!!!!
.... lol
Sep 2, 2010 6:10 AM
Sep 2010
HoaRy said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sebastian was not inferior to that (gay) Shinigami at all.
Why did Ciel had to make a big show entering the church? I understand Madame needs her red, but it was disturbing for the others. Otherwise a lot of talking this episode :v.

I think it was great. But... What can we expect from Ciel? He's weird...
Sep 5, 2010 4:24 PM

Jan 2010
It was pretty sad when Madam Red died. I thought she would have a bigger part in the series.
Oct 8, 2010 4:52 PM

Jun 2009
I like this episode, though not as much as the previous ones. Maybe it was because I find myself bothered at every attempt of random insert of comedy-relief? Grell makes me go "WTH?!" every time he says those kind of things.

I must say, I like Madam Red and I didn't want her to die and all, but I couldn't care too much for the funeral. Even though Ciel made a flashy entrance carrying the red dress and roses, and then more flashbacks appear. Oddly, the "London Bridge is falling down" song got stuck in my head...

Sebastian is proving to be a interesting character, double-faced, covered in a façade, which can't be trusted that easily; one doesn't knows if he really cares or just likes to play along. Sebastian must be more than willing to let Ciel sacrifice everybody around him, until he himself finally falls, as it was depicted in the chess game.

I simply love the way Kuroshitsuji uses analogies about chess to describe the plot. And the music, oh the music <3
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Nov 12, 2010 9:34 PM

Mar 2009
Very well done scene with Ciel entering the church with the red dress and the red flower petals. And the music was perfect.
I get the feeling a lot more people are gonna get hurt here.
Dec 15, 2010 4:35 AM

Jun 2010
Madam Red's funeral was lovely! I was happy to see the Undertaker again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2011 9:49 PM
Aug 2009
Does anyone know the music that starts when William first appears ?
Feb 6, 2011 4:20 AM

Oct 2008
Aww, so she actually died.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 15, 2011 3:57 PM

Apr 2009
Glad to see the Soul Society is still enforcing it's own regulations! LOL Sorry I can't resist.

Hell yeah white doesn't suit her, it has to be red till the end after all.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 4, 2011 6:26 AM

May 2011
I thought the funeral was quite touching - I thought Madame Red was an interesting and sympathetic character, but her death and backstory was handled very well so I don't think it will detract from the anime - just make more room for character development and plot progression. I did like the red angel reaching out to the blue in the stained glass - nice symbolism there! This whole 'opium' plotline that has been building up seems like it may culminate in something interesting - I enjoyed the menacing interaction between Ciel, Sebastian and the Undertaker as well. Overall, very enjoyable, as is to be expected from Kuroshitsuji.
Jun 23, 2011 8:34 PM

Dec 2009
Good episode. Loved the fight scene lol
Jul 6, 2011 5:11 PM

Jul 2011
What was once subtext, Grell has made blatant canon. xD

And yes, this was my favourite episode so far. The funeral and the chess bit was awesome.
Oct 21, 2011 10:36 PM

Jul 2010
i didnt know ishada was in this show.
Leon-Gun said:
HoaRy said:

Why did Ciel had to make a big show entering the church? I understand Madame needs her red, but it was disturbing for the others.
I don't think he cares much for the others' opinions. He's quite self-centered in this kind of things.

he's not the queens "dog" for nothing, their family IMO have developed a "dont give 2 shits about anyone" policy. they wouldnt be able to handle this job if they kept caring about stuff like that.

Nov 25, 2011 8:32 PM

Jul 2010
Awesome!
Jun 1, 2012 1:45 PM

Jul 2011
aww poor madamn red.. and ciel.. but i still love grell no matter what
Jun 9, 2012 5:25 PM

May 2012
High points:
Will
Grell
REAL Tanaka (woo~!)
The funeral roses (Sebastian's work?)
CHESS

Yeah, I think this was nearly five, like 4.75? Awesome! Except the talking at the funeral, blargh.
Jun 21, 2012 10:56 PM

Jun 2012
Sebastian is so obey to his master. . .
Feb 9, 2013 7:39 AM

Feb 2013
R.I.P Madam Red, even though she killed innocent women, she lived through a hard life and had to die alone. I loved the funeral roses and the funeral scene in general, it made it seem so perfect.

Also, Grell. Ugh, no.
Jan 27, 2014 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, that William stopped the fight just when it was getting good :(
I would have loved to see that deicide.

R.I.P. Mrs. Red, you did some horrible thing, but I think that you were just profoundly lost. If his parents wouldn't be dead, nothing would have gone wrong.

The funeral scene where he brought the red robe was touching.

I hope the last scene with the pile of corpse isn't foreshadowing :S
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 8, 2014 2:31 PM

Jan 2014
I liked the battle scene and Grell's funny comments. But the funeral part was sad.(;_;)
Jul 19, 2014 6:54 PM
May 2014
I don't really know why people are all sad about the funeral. Good riddance. The world doesn't need psychotic murderers. That being said, it was well done. If it were another person, would be an excellent funeral scene.

I sense some humor in the next episode.
Aug 20, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2013
Fight scene was awesome until Grell got dragged away by the administrator for being naughty lol. I liked how Sebastian threw the chainsaw on to him lol. I didn't know they existed them. Grim Reapers obviously invented them lol.

The funeral scene was sad.
Oct 29, 2014 2:43 AM

Jul 2013
what's with the funeral scene? Ceil's being too much of an attention-whore.
Dec 23, 2014 6:53 PM

Jun 2014
That is some high quality wool, that can jam a chainsaw.

May 20, 2015 2:38 PM

Oct 2013
Oh dang. Stuff got real! Ciel's parents of course died from someone else's doing.
Sep 7, 2015 7:13 AM
Dec 2009
Grell was way over the top... as well as the funeral scene, haha. I know Ciel was showing respect in his own way though.
Jan 6, 2016 2:53 AM

Dec 2015
That shit was very dramatic...and I liked it!

The funeral scene was beautiful.

Also, loved the chess montage end.
Oct 28, 2016 5:55 PM

Oct 2016
WHAT IS WITH REAL TANAKA AND CHIBI TANAKA??? IT MAKES NO SENSE EVEN FOR THIS CRAZY WORLD????

Anyway, the Romeo and Juliet parody at the beginning was great. I feel like this episode was definitely the best so far, tone swapping made more sense and didn't feel like whiplash as much. I like the character depth being shown so far too.
Dec 12, 2016 6:11 AM

Jun 2013
This one wasn't as interesting or intense as the previous one.

I was wrong in the end, Grell really did end up just being a character where the sole joke is "look how flamboyant this person is and how disgusted everyone else is with them lmao". What a waste of a piece of cool character design. And I guess, in a way, she could even be considered a stereotype, and one that is in really bad taste.

I did like the reaper that came to take Grell away. I'm also glad I got to know a little more about Ciel.
LeeTailorDec 12, 2016 3:42 PM
Aug 21, 2017 11:33 PM

Jun 2016
I can't help but still like Grell even though he fucking killed Angelina. Fuck you, Grell, you asshole! He's just so hilarious. Damnit. When Sebby was about to kill him, I was like "NOOOOOOO! PLEASE NOOOO! I NEED MORE GRELL IN MAH LIFE!" Hahahaha. Someone stab me with a chainsaw! Grell is sooo gay for Sebby. DEAD.

Ciel's church entrance was pure cringe, though.

Damnit! I shed tears during Angelina's funeral.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 12, 2017 10:22 AM
Sep 2017
This was the first episode that really made me think "Man...this show is actually going to be good!", sadly the first season does not have a plethora of episodes such as this. Beautiful scenes and music!

What makes this episode truly stand out is the fight between Sebastien and Grell AND the funeral scene. Everything about it is good!

I consider this the end of the first arc, as subsequent episodes are fillers, some good, some not. Anyway, loved this one.
Loneliest_FenrirSep 12, 2017 10:27 AM
Apr 3, 2018 1:11 PM

Mar 2012
so next ep is a filler? i just got to the manga now and i don't remember anything like it was shown in the preview. maybe i just didn't get there yet, but idk...
Aug 8, 2019 6:46 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
the funeral was rly pretty sad :o

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 25, 2009

98 by Sun_Chan »»
Yesterday, 2:55 AM

Poll: » Favorite Servant?

RuuryMercury - Jun 24, 2015

4 by Sun_Chan »»
Yesterday, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 17, 2009

85 by Sun_Chan »»
Yesterday, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 9, 2009

70 by Sun_Chan »»
Yesterday, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Nov 23, 2008

115 by Sun_Chan »»
May 4, 11:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.