Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2012 5:26 AM

Mar 2009
Wow, now that's the very definition of a D-Bag.

Will continue watching Kokoro Connect but they may have just killed any chance of green lighting an additional season.
Aug 31, 2012 6:58 AM

Sep 2010
meepsheep said:
I'm not dropping this show though. I may dislike the company and the VAs involved, but I still enjoy Kokoro Connect.

Pretty much this.

I do hope the people involved will apologize the poor guy. This was a horrible thing to do. :/
Aug 31, 2012 7:05 AM
Jun 2011
Seems to me like people are just getting on the moral bandwagon since they think it's the cool thing to do and they have nothing better to do.

Sort of like the Kony 2012 that was completely forgotten in like a month and a half. I can only hope this results in the same thing.
Aug 31, 2012 7:16 AM

Jan 2011
Alddous1031 said:
Seems to me like people are just getting on the moral bandwagon since they think it's the cool thing to do and they have nothing better to do.

Sort of like the Kony 2012 that was completely forgotten in like a month and a half. I can only hope this results in the same thing.

Considering how Kony was a dictator trying to use children in armies, but the fact that the Invisible Children was quite unnecessary hoo-ha anyway, and that this concerns a few rice bowls breaking, that's quite big a leap of an analogy.

Seems like rice bowls will be breaking. Hard.

「みんながいるからだ。」 - 棗鈴
Aug 31, 2012 7:57 AM
Jun 2011
Zmffkskem said:
Alddous1031 said:

Considering how Kony was a dictator trying to use children in armies, but the fact that the Invisible Children was quite unnecessary hoo-ha anyway, and that this concerns a few rice bowls breaking, that's quite big a leap of an analogy.

Seems like rice bowls will be breaking. Hard.

It's not what it is that's important, I was comparing the reactions and outburst at it.
Aug 31, 2012 8:09 AM

Aug 2008
I hope that everyone forgets about it like with Kony 2012. I want the show to sell copies.
Aug 31, 2012 8:11 AM

Nov 2010
Alddous1031 said:

Seems to me like you're being a hipster and trying to be the special cookie.
Aug 31, 2012 8:17 AM

Jan 2011
Alddous1031 said:

It's not what it is that's important, I was comparing the reactions and outburst at it.

I think that's to be expected. Media is sensationalist because people want to be sensationalised.

However that doesn't many Kony any more right, nor the seiyuu that did this any more right.

Considering how important the moral bandwagon is (READ:democratic elections) I think it's quite important rather than a 'cool' thing to do.

Anyway, has anyone who understands Japanese read
http://ameblo.jp/garoumow/
or
twitter.com/#!/mitsuhiroichiki
and if he personally posted anything about it there?

「みんながいるからだ。」 - 棗鈴
Aug 31, 2012 8:22 AM

Sep 2008
destructo22 said:
I hope that everyone forgets about it like with Kony 2012. I want the show to sell copies.
Not happening. Japanese otaku are notorious for this kind of stuff. Remember the Aya Hirano shitstorm?

I support 2ch because it's incredibly unprofessional to prank someone, taze them and upload the footage to nicovideo for laughs. Who the fuck does that shit?

Shame Silver Links and the anime's preorders have to suffer in the crossfire -- they had almost nothing to do with this and usually have trouble breaking the manabi line with their shows.
ZyglroxAug 31, 2012 8:35 AM
Aug 31, 2012 8:32 AM
Jul 2012
thesnnitro said:
To be honest, I really hated the VAs and the staff for doing such a horrible prank. Poor guy. What made it worse is that they laughed about it at the expense of his despair.

On another note, I really wish it doesn't affect the quality of the anime. Anything about this controversy can be settled after the show, but not during the show. To me, this anime is one of my favorites, but if sales keep plummeting due to contempt and hate, it might really take a bad turn. The VA and staff can be fired or hated however much everyone likes, but at least let them finish this anime first. People who are boycotting don't realize that they are harming the future of the people who really like the anime, even if their staff are terrible bastards.

+1

I really hope that people don't change their judgement on kokoro connect because of this incident. kokoro connect is a good anime and no exterior forces should change that.
Aug 31, 2012 8:35 AM
Jun 2011
ryanxwonbin said:
Alddous1031 said:

Seems to me like you're being a hipster and trying to be the special cookie.

Can't be a hipster since nothing is ever not mainstream anymore.
Aug 31, 2012 8:53 AM

Jan 2011
Offtopic:

Zyglrox said:

Shame Silver Links and the anime's preorders have to suffer in the crossfire -- they had almost nothing to do with this and usually have trouble breaking the manabi line with their shows.

IIRC SLink producers also participated.

「みんながいるからだ。」 - 棗鈴
Aug 31, 2012 9:24 AM

Mar 2012
Icer48 said:
thesnnitro said:
To be honest, I really hated the VAs and the staff for doing such a horrible prank. Poor guy. What made it worse is that they laughed about it at the expense of his despair.

On another note, I really wish it doesn't affect the quality of the anime. Anything about this controversy can be settled after the show, but not during the show. To me, this anime is one of my favorites, but if sales keep plummeting due to contempt and hate, it might really take a bad turn. The VA and staff can be fired or hated however much everyone likes, but at least let them finish this anime first. People who are boycotting don't realize that they are harming the future of the people who really like the anime, even if their staff are terrible bastards.

+1

I really hope that people don't change their judgement on kokoro connect because of this incident. kokoro connect is a good anime and no exterior forces should change that.

I'm not watching this show anyway, but I disagree. The studio has the choice of replacing the voice actors/other staff in question, do they not? For me, the right choice would be to make a formal statement that those people are being immediately replaced, replace them, and then move on. If they don't replace them, they're basically saying it's not a big deal. If you continue to support those staff by supporting the show, you're basically saying it's not a big deal.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 31, 2012 10:13 AM

Sep 2008
This doesn't make the show itself any better or worse and my opinion on it is unaffected.
Aug 31, 2012 11:17 AM

Mar 2012
People keep saying "it's still a good show" and I don't know who the hell they're arguing with, because I've never seen anyone suggest it changes the quality of the show, haha. Like I said, it depends what they choose to do with the staff who were involved. If they kick them out, by all means, support the show.

I appreciate your intentions, but a team is a team, and when one person messes up it tends to mess other people up. I have a hard time believing that people would say "but the poor animators still need to get paid" if one of the main writers or directors said something racist, for example.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 31, 2012 12:19 PM

Aug 2008
Zyglrox said:
destructo22 said:
Not happening. Japanese otaku are notorious for this kind of stuff. Remember the Aya Hirano shitstorm?

I support 2ch because it's incredibly unprofessional to prank someone, taze them and upload the footage to nicovideo for laughs. Who the fuck does that shit?

I'm pretty sure amongst the people that are involved in the flaming, there are those that are doing it for shits and giggles. For example, there are people flaming on Eri Kitamura because of this incident, who isn't even a part of the show or was involved in the prank. I don't support them in that aspect. But in the long run, if the show tanks and other uninvolved people get caught, then fuck erry one.
Aug 31, 2012 1:35 PM

Mar 2009
TrOjAnHoRsE said:
This explains better.
http://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/2012/08/30/some-of-the-kokoro-connect-voice-actors-and-staff-pulled-a-very-bad-prank-on-an-unknown-voice-actor-and-humiliated-him/

Takuma Terashima[Aoki]
-“It was fun seeing a human being break like that”

Kanemoto[Kiriyama, Yui]
- “Didn’t you want to do this though?(the role) You seemed so enthusiastic about it!”

"Apparently Mitsuhiro Ichiki san is friends with Tomokazu Sugita and he finally talked about it recently on Sugita san’s radio show, when a fan letter to the show asked about the incident."

Sugita should just beat the shit out of them for messing with his friend.
Aug 31, 2012 2:06 PM
May 2010
What a fucking mess. What were they thinking? Did they think this would net them some good PR or something? All publicity is good publicity? Disregarding the plummeting sales maybe. They should know otaku take this sort of thing seriously. Worst of all, innocent bystanders are now being targeted. A bunch of asshats tweeted Kitamura Eri pictures of their dicks. Shamefur dispray for everyone involved.
Aug 31, 2012 2:33 PM

Nov 2008
Ill still be watching the Anime - I enjoy a LN and its Adaption a Prank that crosses the line - and then the fans who go bat bleep crazy and start doing the same thing and even against those not involved? to be blunt all parties involved in this INCLUDING THE FANS are just foolish to say the least And you can thank /a/ and 2ch for the trolling which has made this far worse- Sorry ill keep watching and enjoying a good series.
Aug 31, 2012 2:47 PM

Mar 2011
Who's bright idea was this?
-__-
Aug 31, 2012 3:11 PM

Oct 2011

But yes, it's sad :(
Aug 31, 2012 3:16 PM

Feb 2012
^
I lol'ed :D
Aug 31, 2012 3:17 PM
Feb 2012
Ijime connect...
日本人です。海外の反応系のブログもいくつか見させてもらってますw 翻訳頑張ってくださいね。
Aug 31, 2012 4:01 PM

Jan 2011
If they want to fix this shit (partially, at least) they should hire this seiyuu for a minor role in the Anime. How could they do it? I don't know, but it's the only way I can think of in order to save their asses from boycott.

And yeah, the guys who planned it are disgusting motherfuckers. They should be fined at the very least.
Aug 31, 2012 4:12 PM

Sep 2008
destructo22 said:
I'm pretty sure amongst the people that are involved in the flaming, there are those that are doing it for shits and giggles. For example, there are people flaming on Eri Kitamura because of this incident, who isn't even a part of the show or was involved in the prank. I don't support them in that aspect. But in the long run, if the show tanks and other uninvolved people get caught, then fuck erry one.
Of course there are people like that; however, you listed a bad example as the people who flooded KitaEri's twitter with dick pictures were retarded 4chan posters that don't buy BDs anyway. Getting 2ch on your ass is much, much worse.

Zmffkskem said:

The people responsible are affiliated with Enterbrain and King Records, not Silver Links.

Silmendil said:
If they want to fix this shit (partially, at least) they should hire this seiyuu for a minor role in the Anime. How could they do it? I don't know, but it's the only way I can think of in order to save their asses from boycott.
It's far too late for damage control.
ZyglroxAug 31, 2012 4:19 PM
Aug 31, 2012 4:28 PM

Mar 2012
antibiotictab said:
Ijime connect...

I don't see what's remotely funny, clever, or otherwise redeemable, about your avatar/profile picture. I'm going to pin it on English not being your first language. But yeah, it's 13 year old with a mic on Xbox tier.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 31, 2012 5:48 PM

Mar 2012
jmal said:
Zyglrox said:
Silmendil said:
It's far too late for damage control.

Besides, they tried that. A tweet was put up by one of the producers or something saying he would have a role, then the tweet was quickly taken down. Presumably the affected seiyuu declined or something.

I would too if they tried to do it only as an apology, forget them. They're only doing so because of the backlash.

I'm sad Kokoro Connect will suffer because of this but Silver Link was just stupid to think that doing something like this will be funny. Well they got the publicity (in all the wrong ways), now watch as their DVD sales and public image suffer. Karma

I'm glad that Miyuki Sawashiro was nowhere near this sh!tstorm like the seiyuu of Aoki and Yui were.
Aug 31, 2012 6:25 PM

Sep 2008
I noticed they added the new Hayate no Gotoku to the boycott list. Poor Manglobe can never catch a break.
Aug 31, 2012 6:47 PM

Dec 2011
Even though the thing Kanemoto and Terashima did was terrible, but I think 2ch putting series that has nothing to do this on their boycott list is going too far.
Aug 31, 2012 6:53 PM

Aug 2012
MitsukiHimeka said:
Even though the thing Kanemoto and Terashima did was terrible, but I think 2ch putting series that has nothing to do this on their boycott list is going too far.

They even put Minami-ke season 4 into that bullshit list.
It's starting to get really unreasonable.
Aug 31, 2012 6:57 PM

May 2010
embarrassing to read but well.
seiyuu isn't comedian...the prank was too far.
Aug 31, 2012 7:01 PM

Sep 2008
MitsukiHimeka said:
They're targeting anything affiliated with King Records, Starchild Records (Joshiraku), Kokoro Connect merchandise (sans the LNs) and Yamanaka products. HnG is fair game for them.

I agree with you though, and not many there take boycott lists too seriously anyway. The scandal however will severely impact the Kokoro Connect anime's sales and maybe anything affiliated with the seiyuu for a little while.

The reason why I'm worried for HnG is because Manglobe products tend to not sell well anyway, so a few zealous boycotters could make things even worse for them.
Aug 31, 2012 10:03 PM

Dec 2011
oh well why have to be now knowing this t(*A*t) when i in the middle of enjoying Kokoro Connect

man really , toying with people with something like this is not funny eventhough they laugh about it , really , i lose respect to them
Aug 31, 2012 11:56 PM

Nov 2008
TV channel listings for Kokoro Connect have changed episode 9's title from 「止まらない止まらない止まらない」 (Can't Stop x 3) to 「気づいてしまって」 (I Realized)
----

Coincidence ?
Sep 1, 2012 12:01 AM

Jan 2011
Zyglrox said:
Zmffkskem said:

The people responsible are affiliated with Enterbrain and King Records, not Silver Links.

So the basically it's all the Seiyuu side? I see.

「みんながいるからだ。」 - 棗鈴
Sep 1, 2012 1:12 AM

Jul 2008
LOL looks like it's the sign to drop this. So Kokoro Connect loses to Muv-Luv for the "coveted" title of "The bad show of the season that you wouldn't drop just to see it get even worse".
Sep 1, 2012 1:28 AM
Feb 2010
So anyone know why he still went and did that promotional event in a car in Osaka with Kanemoto? The one where he gets tased about 9 times?

That did happen after the live event where they told him it was all a joke and they were just f*cking with him, right?
Sep 1, 2012 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, that's pretty messed up. I just hope the anime doesn't stop airing. I really like it.
Sep 1, 2012 3:25 AM

Jul 2012
I just found out about this. That's pretty fucked up what they did.

However, I won't be boycotting the show, and I don't think anyone else should either. Not everyone who works on the show deserves to be punished for it, and the show itself is one of the best this season, if not THE best. I've never judged a work based on the personal life/views of the person or people behind it. So I'm a bit upset at the dropped BD sales. I was hoping it would do really well. Hopefully it will still do well. I'll keep watching the show, and I'll buy merch and the show itself whenever it's realized here in the states.

I can't wipe my butt with the shreds of a wedding dress!!

Sep 1, 2012 3:33 AM

Apr 2011
what a fucked up prank..
Sep 1, 2012 4:27 AM

Jul 2011
Uberchu said:
Say goodbye to any hopes for a Season 2. Time to start learning Japanese to read the light novels.

Yeah, time to learn Japanese..
ap19 said:
From Japan.

There's a lot of misconceptions about various individuals involved.

jmal said:

This is an important post, though I fear most people will miss it in the rush to condemn the show as a whole, as if the hundreds of people involved in its production are all implicated in this.

I preordered Vol. 1 a day before this all broke on English language sites. I'm not canceling my preodrer, and I'll be buying the remaining volumes too. This may be disgusting, but Kokoro Connect is a fantastic show. I can hold both those opinions simultaneously.

This two post is important and I agree with them. I will still support this anime not because of the production but because of its awesomeness. (Thats why I want KyoAni to adopt this.) I love this series very much and I still love Yui and Aoki. Their seiyuus has nothing to do with them. Im really sad but I hope it will subside any weeks now.
Sep 1, 2012 4:36 AM

Jun 2012
I'll be blunt. I could fucking care less about what they did. The prank was cruel, yes. But, who really gives a damn? God, people get offended to easily.

Just because one asshole decided to pull this prank, everyone is going to suffer? I know that the world isn't fair, but wtf..... everyone is overreacting.
Sep 1, 2012 4:58 AM

Jul 2010
Am I the only one here that doesn't really like this show much?!

Anyway, I feel really bad for the guy. What they did to him was very cruel, and to post it online was even worse.
However, I agree with others that many people (mostly hardcore fans and Anime holics) are insanely overreacting.

I can't say I'll be 'boycotting' the works of the studio or VA's, but I certainly won't be looking at them the same way.
Sep 1, 2012 6:00 AM

May 2009
although it will affect kokoro connect in the future

it's rude but
it's the staff not the anime itself. :D
don't let the controversy affect you that much
like dropping the anime or badmouthing it.

though you are free to do so.. or
just wait until something bad happen to the anime
then react. O:)
Sep 1, 2012 6:27 AM

Jan 2009
one less moe moe anime out there lol
Sep 1, 2012 6:47 AM

Sep 2010
Lol, isn't this just how Japanese humor works. Have you guys ever seen what happens to people in those comedic shows? Japanese humor is laughing when someone gets boiling water over his head. It's plain wrong, I agree, but I don't think this is something totally over the top over in Japan. Isn't this just like the candid camera humor you all laugh about as well?

We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here
Sep 1, 2012 6:58 AM

Aug 2012
Story was so awesome, the voices matched the characters so well and I loved the anime so much and now I hear this incident, felt like a girl dumped me right after proposing her :(
I hope this doesn't effect the anime T.T
Sep 1, 2012 7:04 AM

Jul 2011
LOL
Sep 1, 2012 7:51 AM

Jan 2011
omg this is going overboard. hopefully they will openly apologize and just settle this down
Sep 1, 2012 8:15 AM

Jun 2010
Merushi said:
Lol, isn't this just how Japanese humor works. Have you guys ever seen what happens to people in those comedic shows? Japanese humor is laughing when someone gets boiling water over his head. It's plain wrong, I agree, but I don't think this is something totally over the top over in Japan. Isn't this just like the candid camera humor you all laugh about as well?

No it's not. There's a difference between a little prank and spitting on someone's dream. Here's a quote from Amazon, i hope it will change your mind :

Most Helpful Customer Review。。320 out of 328 people found this review helpful.。。
Subject: Don't get carried away with practical jokes!。。

For a VA, the audition room is a sacred ground.。。Whether they live or die, get or don't get the part, they devote themselves to this moment.。。If they don't get the part, they search for the next available act like a job hunter looking for the next offer.。。This series is a depressing work made by producers who don't understand this notion and make fun of it.。。I will briefly explain their practical joke (if it can be called that).。。A certain young newcomer was offered the role as an original character in an anime, not knowing that such a role was a lie.。。(The night before the reveal, I'd like to think that he was too nervous to sleep.)。。This person was summoned to the assembly hall with this false news, no rehearsing, no script, brought on stage to be shamed at.。。While he proudly introduced the character he would've been voicing, the screen projection changed, and on it his involvement was revealed to be false.。。On that screen, his earnest acting was ridiculed and laughed at.。。But for him, it was probably not a laughing matter. The bitterness that I heard in his voice still resounds in my ears.

This scene took the sanctity of auditions and violated it.。。This person took an interview and passed it. In that moment, a contract was made.。。This should've meant that he overcame this trial.。。However, this promise was completely overturned. An entirely verbal promise, it seems.。。The actual work shouldn't be rated based on this! The characters aren't bad! Only those guys!。。That's how it should be. The work should be evaluated based on its own merits.。。And yet I still feel that I should condemn this series.。。After being alive, what is the most important thing? This is a question with many answers.。。However, perhaps there are many people who build trusting relationships with others.。。When going into society, everyone realizes the difficulty with raising trust in another.。。Building trust is difficult.。。But the destruction of it can happen in a moment. Truly in the blink of an eye.。。This series has lost a lot of things.。。Remember - the title of the series is "Kokoro Connect."。。Would the characters really do such a thing as this?。。

1 comment:。。I will just say...in this bad situation, everyone's heart is connected.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

336 by Hiroko_Takashiro »»
Apr 25, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.