Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2012 8:32 PM

Feb 2012
Oh my gosh, that secret. Lol. I would have made something up than reveal that.
Jul 28, 2012 8:35 PM

Oct 2010
This anime is pretty amazing. But the previews are something else all on their own. I think each one the producers sit down and make a list of all of the most ambiguous and foreboding lines of each episode, categorize them by intensity and VOLUME, sort from least to most, then tweak and edit to form a huge teaser of a narrative in 5 seconds.

I bet it would be fun to take each of the previews and slap them together in one intense video when the series is finished.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Jul 28, 2012 8:36 PM

Jul 2011
Taichi... you are such a perv...I mean playboy.

Dat show is just crazy, I love it!
Jul 28, 2012 8:38 PM

Oct 2011
Never expected this anime to be this good.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Jul 28, 2012 8:43 PM

Jul 2012
Some good drama going on in this anime. Taichi's a really nice guy. Lol @ the secrets from both him and Inaba.

Next episode looks to be an exciting one.
Jul 28, 2012 8:47 PM

Aug 2011
Oh, Inaba :)

Next episode looks intense. And wonder when Aoki will develop, if at all?
Jul 28, 2012 9:01 PM

Jul 2011
lol, awesome episode. Another solid 5/5.

Jul 28, 2012 9:29 PM
Jan 2012
So from preview, some speculation:

1. There should be a body swap between Iori and Inaba. When Taichi is asked, "What do you think of Iori" in Iori's voice, it is clearly spoken with Inaba's speech pattern. If I'm not mistaken, this will also be the first time they have switched on screen.

2. The "confession" alludes to one or two confessions? I'm going to lean towards two, the first being Aoki/Yui (obviously) and the second being Taichi/Inaba, causing Iori to snap?

3. I have a feeling a lot of deception is going to occur next episode between the Taichi/Inaba/Iori triangle. Hopefully it'll give us something amazing!
Jul 28, 2012 9:34 PM
Jul 2012
This episode was so awesome !! 5/5. Taichi x Iori is oozing with chemistry!! <3 The preview is very intresting and confusing though. I don't think it was Iori who purposely jumped or something. Because we did see her leaning on the railings like she was thinking of something? right?
then Mr.Gotos(heartseed's eyes) face showed up. And when Iori fell her eyes was like. Mr. Gotos eyes when he's possesed by heartseed. So i pretty much think it's either Heartseed controlling Iori. Or because Iori was in so much pain and collapsed.

I so hope Iori does not die!!!! NOOO!!! I think her body will die but her soul will remain in the world. like she goes inside Mr. Gotos body.

Then we will get to see if Taichi will still love Iori even if she's not in her own body/appearance.

CONFUSING. Or maybe the death in title is like. Yui's sister dies or something. At the preview when Yui and Aoki were talking. there were flowers and it looked like somebody's funeral.

I don't seem to believe what is on previews nowadays. because when i get to watch the official episode. everything that i thought. Is not what it seems after all. So i think outside the box.

-Oh and sorry for my grammar. I'm asian/filipino and english isn't my first language :) *hides*
Jul 28, 2012 9:41 PM

Feb 2012
This show and Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate has had some amazing drama. Totally unexpected. I was expecting both these shows to be moe, slice of life comedies ( Which I love ), but they've turned out to be quite good dramas.

Next ep preview looks intense. Iori jumping off a building/bridge? Some intense stuff coming!
Jul 28, 2012 9:42 PM
Dec 2010
I fucking cried.
Jul 28, 2012 10:04 PM

Mar 2010
I thought this would just be a generic dumbass comedy with shitty drama in it, but good lord they're actually focusing on the emotional aspects of losing your identity, this show is amazing
Jul 28, 2012 10:07 PM

Jun 2010
Oh my Jesus. She didn't say just kidding at the end. Sweet Jesus.

Can't wait for the next episode. There's no way Iori did that.

Jul 28, 2012 10:10 PM

Nov 2008
Inaba is so awesome!!

I really want an Inaba x Taichi ending, cause I really think their perfect for each other.

Iori does seem to have some serious problems, and it looks like she's not herself when she falls of that bridge. She looked out of it, but will see what happens.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 28, 2012 10:21 PM

Oct 2011
dude ! that was so halarious! i thought it was a mees up on the subtitles as im sure others did to!
it was such a shocker because idk,i saw it comming ..but i didnt think hede actually say that!! and her to!! XD no "just joking"
Jul 28, 2012 10:34 PM

Apr 2010
The episode was meh for me.

Mainly because, I see Tachi as hypocrite. Yes, its good to out of your way to help your friends, but this selfless attitude is gonna be his downfall. He has three girls that are falling for him, but he seems oblivious to their feelings. I've seen many characters with this trait and in the end this wish washy, being on fench attitude is going to further cause more pain and suffering than any of the solutions judging what the preview shows.

He reminds of Heavens Feel Shiro who started out wanting to save everyone, but through the numerous fights and losses of friends and comrades he eventually gave up his ideals so that he save the one girl he loved; of course only after losing Saber and nearly losing Sakura.

Tachi better man up and realizes he can't save everyone and the longer he waits the worse it will get. Judging by the serious undertone of this show I'm sure it won't end as a typical harem anime where everyone is happy.

But we still have more episodes so how this show ends is still very much up in the air. Plus we still haven't found out where Aoki fits in this whole ordeal. If he was just a minor character then he wouldn't be part of the main cast. I still think theres more to him than being a throw away character. Of course everyone is focusing on Tachi I have a feeling something may happen that'll snap everyone back into reality. But thats just my opinion.
Jul 28, 2012 10:43 PM

Jul 2012
My only real complaint, like a lot of people, is that Taichi was the one helping all of the girls. But honestly, I have some ideas for how that might backfire in the future, plus considering the preview it looks like we're gonna hear more from the other guys' side as well.

As for the episode, this was pretty amazing. I think what I love the most about it is it's not melodramatic. You don't see the girls crying and sobbing over their problems while pouring their heart out to Taichi. Not to mention how attached I'm starting to grow to Iori and Inaba, considering a lot of people can probably relate to their issues. Plus they used the comedy moments in the right places, and I was actually able to laugh. Most comedies this season are terrible, but here the humor was placed just right. I feel like I may be overhyping it, but wow. This was some good stuff.

5/5, and from next week's preview it looks like even more shit is about to go down. Hell yes.
Jul 28, 2012 10:45 PM

Jan 2011
Mind blown when they both reveal that secret and the fact that Inban wasn't joking (i think) was great!
but when you think about it don't all 3 girls kinda like Tachi now? that sounds a bit like a harem as much as i hate to say it
and just when you thought the drama might lightly up we get that crazy preview ;_;
Jul 28, 2012 10:47 PM

Jan 2011
noyoureinsane said:
My only real complaint, like a lot of people, is that Taichi was the one helping all of the girls. But honestly, I have some ideas for how that might backfire in the future, plus considering the preview it looks like we're gonna hear more from the other guys' side as well.

with you on this and i have a good feeling that his helpfulness will be the Downfall of him in the future *you can't save everyone*.
Jul 28, 2012 10:54 PM

Nov 2008
Oh Inaba dat secret you keep haha
Jul 28, 2012 11:04 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Okay, that secret got me good. I felt this episode was a bit more disappointing than the previous ones though; I think right now Aoki has such a small footprint in the story which is annoying me because Taichi's basically been the only guy that's had any significant impact on the story.

I'll be pleased if his character develops past comic relief. Looking forward to next week's episode.
Jul 28, 2012 11:05 PM

Oct 2008
This anime does not fail to impress everytime.
I totally expected this anime to be fluffy and dreaded that it would use the sexual references as terrible as Seitokai Yakuindomo.
Yet, they manage to balance the comedy and seriousness of it, while keeping the sexual references classy =D

Each character's backstory makes them unique from the stereotype that they started from and that's often what makes a character memorable. She Inaba is my favourite though.

This anime is right behind Sword Art Online in terms of ranking for this season.
OmniknightJul 28, 2012 11:08 PM
Jul 28, 2012 11:08 PM

Sep 2011
I swear if a harem goes into this show, I'll be flipping tables. Already had enough of that for this season. Other then that good episode, dat secret with both Taichi and Inaba. Inb4 Inaba's was a joke also the preview episode wtf
TyrelJul 28, 2012 11:18 PM
Jul 28, 2012 11:09 PM

Mar 2012
Venneria said:
"I also masturbated to you" haha wtf.

Instant classic.

I don't see what's so upsetting about Taichi helping all the girls or whatever it is that people are complaining about. Nothing has been resolved at all, really, and I'm glad that the anime has been setting things up the way it has. After what seems like easy and somewhat trite solutions for everyone, they can go onwards and tap the obvious potential of this series by developing everything further.

Please be two cour, please be two cour.

Also, darn, I can't get the idea of Inaba masturbating out of my mind.
Jul 28, 2012 11:12 PM

Apr 2011
Wow this anime is getting really good. At first it was kind of hard to follow but now its amazing. Taichi and Inaba's secret was hilarious! Next looks to pretty epic, cant wait!
Jul 28, 2012 11:16 PM

Jul 2012
katsu044 said:
noyoureinsane said:

with you on this and i have a good feeling that his helpfulness will be the Downfall of him in the future *you can't save everyone*.

I agree, especially since Inaba was sort of foreshadowing it by bringing up his "selfless hero" act to him a lot.
Jul 28, 2012 11:20 PM
Jan 2012
I really hope it's a 2 cour too, but I think it's only gonna be a 1 or 1.5 cour (I know weird...). Based on CD Japan pre-orders (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/series_list.html?sid=3482), they should get through Vol 4 (8 total so far).

Also,
Jul 28, 2012 11:20 PM

Sep 2009
Another great episode. That must be a hard secret to reveal.
ataraxial said:
Also, darn, I can't get the idea of Inaba masturbating out of my mind.

It's probably something that's not that uncommon, but when someone actually reveals it, you can't stop thinking about it and feel a little shocked. I can see things getting a little awkward...some things might be better left unsaid.
Jul 28, 2012 11:22 PM
Sep 2011
In this episode:

1. Five baby daddies.
2. Taichi always says the right things. Always.
3. I don't know if I should laugh, cry, or go "Hnnngh!" because this episode was a roller coaster of emotions.
4. The character dynamic is so good it''s fap worthy.
Jul 28, 2012 11:44 PM

Jun 2011
Serativale said:
4. The character dynamic is so good it''s fap worthy.

Hehe...
Jul 28, 2012 11:46 PM
Apr 2012
This anime is just keep getting better and better.. I just hope it'll be a sad ending :x
Jul 28, 2012 11:52 PM
Aug 2010
In the preview, I'm pretty sure that's Aoki (some of you want more of Aoki, so there you go) telling Kiriyama that he's still in love with her, despite her androphobia. I don't know about you guys, if you can tell, but it definitely sounds like him.

Also, those of you fumbling with character names, kind of ironic isn't it? The whole thing Iori is trying to get out to Taichi is the idea of personalities fading and barriers between their identities disappearing. Kinda thought it was cool that we're actually experiencing that. "Who really are you?"

Anyway. Hope Iori isn't dying.

Since Ep5 title is "A Confession and Death", it really stinks. I do think Aoki is the one confessing. Who really is going to die? Maybe someone's soul? Haha, who knows...
Jul 29, 2012 12:07 AM

Apr 2010
I'll admit I'm a Aoki homer, just because this isn't the typical harem or fanservicey anime I was expecting. If it was a harem show then by all means I'd be fine with Aoki playing the minor role part.

But since this is a more serious anime that are touching real life situations, then my view has changed. Tachi shouldn't be the only one doing the problem solving and since its about 5 friends I find myself annoyed that they haven't used Aoki as much. If you have 5 main characters then you need to use all of them. Because there are some people who put themselves in a characters position because it happened to them in real life and they can relate.

For me its Aoki, because like him, I was the one left out when it came to a circle of friends. So I'm rooting for him to overcome what I couldn't do in real life.
Jul 29, 2012 12:12 AM

May 2010
Balls of steel Taichi, and everyone has a damn dark past now? insight is always good but holy crap
Jul 29, 2012 12:24 AM

Mar 2012
Jmac said:
I'll admit I'm a Aoki homer, just because this isn't the typical harem or fanservicey anime I was expecting. If it was a harem show then by all means I'd be fine with Aoki playing the minor role part.

But since this is a more serious anime that are touching real life situations, then my view has changed. Tachi shouldn't be the only one doing the problem solving and since its about 5 friends I find myself annoyed that they haven't used Aoki as much. If you have 5 main characters then you need to use all of them. Because there are some people who put themselves in a characters position because it happened to them in real life and they can relate.

For me its Aoki, because like him, I was the one left out when it came to a circle of friends. So I'm rooting for him to overcome what I couldn't do in real life.

We're only on episode four... we've had a Yui episode and an Inaba episode, so Aoki should be up soon. It's way too early to be complaining - I personally would like to see more of Iori myself, but I'm not upset that the spotlight hasn't gotten around to her yet.
Jul 29, 2012 12:27 AM

Sep 2011
Open if you dare (no sexual innuendo intended)
Jul 29, 2012 12:35 AM

Mar 2012
exs120 said:
I really hope it's a 2 cour too, but I think it's only gonna be a 1 or 1.5 cour (I know weird...). Based on CD Japan pre-orders (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/series_list.html?sid=3482), they should get through Vol 4 (8 total so far).

Also,

Looks like it'll probably be 24 total episodes. We're still on Hito Random, so it'll be at least five episodes for each volume, but six seems more likely since that'll give a standard two cour of 24 with each blu-ray part having 3 episodes. Also, I don't see how we're going to get the entire body swapping arc resolved in one more episode.

saxophone15 said:
It's probably something that's not that uncommon, but when someone actually reveals it, you can't stop thinking about it and feel a little shocked. I can see things getting a little awkward...some things might be better left unsaid.

Yup, I think the percentage is actually pretty high for girls. It's just that they're less likely to self-report it.
I wasn't really shocked so much as... well, you know.
Jul 29, 2012 12:44 AM

Apr 2010
ataraxial said:
We're only on episode four... we've had a Yui episode and an Inaba episode, so Aoki should be up soon. It's way too early to be complaining - I personally would like to see more of Iori myself, but I'm not upset that the spotlight hasn't gotten around to her yet.

Touché. I'll leave at that and get off my soapbox. Of course I'd like to know if this a half or full season? This series is making my ponder lot and there hasn't been a show that's done that for me since Clannad..
Jul 29, 2012 12:57 AM

Mar 2012
Jmac said:
ataraxial said:

Touché. I'll leave at that and get off my soapbox. Of course I'd like to know if this a half or full season? This series is making my ponder lot and there hasn't been a show that's done that for me since Clannad..

Now that you mention it, Kokoro Connect does feel a bit like Clannad. Taichi certainly isn't Tomoya, but the setup is still pretty darn similar. Here's to Aoki being more important (and serious) of a character than Sunohara, though.

I'm thinking that this will be a full season. See my post above for a link + some analysis.
Jul 29, 2012 1:10 AM

Dec 2010
TaichixInaba all the way
Jul 29, 2012 1:22 AM

Sep 2011
Eh .__. i thought Iori's trauma would be me more serious cuz honestly i was like 'So?' when she was telling her story smh
anyway, Taichi would make the best guy friend tbh
Jul 29, 2012 1:34 AM

Mar 2012
Hekshi_Sekshi said:
Eh .__. i thought Iori's trauma would be me more serious cuz honestly i was like 'So?' when she was telling her story smh
anyway, Taichi would make the best guy friend tbh

Really though? Would you have rather had them play the rape card again?

I'm curious about what Iori's story is like in its entirety. After all, we've only gotten a preview.
Jul 29, 2012 1:38 AM

Apr 2010
ataraxial said:
Jmac said:
ataraxial said:

Now that you mention it, Kokoro Connect does feel a bit like Clannad. Taichi certainly isn't Tomoya, but the setup is still pretty darn similar. Here's to Aoki being more important (and serious) of a character than Sunohara, though.

I'm thinking that this will be a full season. See my post above for a link + some analysis.

LOL! To put Tachi in the same league, would be an insult to Tomoya. Now that think more about it I think Inori could be Nagisa; or the heroine who has the most severe of problems, but only time will tell.
Jul 29, 2012 1:42 AM

Sep 2008
I'll take this episode as a "cooldown" episode, due to previous over-hyped episode, and much higher expectation from the next episode (As seen from the PV, Iori did fell off the bridge!!!!), so 4.5/5.
Jul 29, 2012 1:49 AM

Oct 2010
I am quite shocked by theme of MASTURBATION being addressed in their series. I personally have never done that and I don’t see any merit between 2 people in doing it. If you really love someone should you not be more assertive instead of indulging in each one’s lust through one’s own genitals? Really Taichi and Inaba both WTF my mind. Still can’t believe Inaba jerks off to Taichi. Can’t even believe she did a perverted like the following one,

That is quite perverted.
On top of that she has brother and I wonder WTF would happen if he walked in on her. I assume at best she does it when he is not home.

About the masturbation confession, I was quite surprised by Taichi saying it in the spoiler
I am still shocked it was mentioned and I was on my serious mode. Cause of Inori's situation. I admit at least Taichi was honest about his embarrassment in the spoiler
quite red and Inaba took it rather serious too.

That’s until she ROFL it in the spoiler
that part was kind of good cause it looked more that she was making fun of it. That is until her face in the spoiler
WTF is she so happy for that a guy jerks of for her? At first in my experience I though it was cause she never has seen her body as a object of lust nor any sexual attractiveness but this somewhat overwhelmed her. So I keep wondering. That until I saw her say in the spoiler
along with that face above.

I thought as a virgin and proper girls she would not jerk off nor indulge in any lustful activities. Boy was I wrong. INABA IS PERVERTED CLOSET person. As much as Konoe is in Kono Naka ni Hitori Imouto ga Iru. She does not look like it but she sure is perverted. DAMN IT! My image is ruined of her now.

About Inori, did anyone notice her face in the following,

She is totally mind numbed. I am actually concerned for her in the next episode. Anyone can see from the preview in the spoiler
that she will suicide. DAMN SHIT! IT’S ALL THE MOTHER’S FAULT! She never kept being attentive to Inori. Cause she has the same shitty problem as her, that of not being able to be alone. She needs someone in life and to know there is one. Due to the mother’s stupid marriages Inori lost her own self. She did so that her mother would live nicely by not having her new guy hitting her or get violent. In that situation the mother RUINED Inori's personality, FAILED at properly nurturing while thinking of her own well being in love and fnally IS A BAD MOTHER! No good mother would ruin her child's mentality and personality like that.

I assume at most Inori got traumatized really badly to have faces like in the spoiler
she does. I really feared the second father abused her physically or mentally or even sexually but glad it was not the case at all.

In conclusion, I don’t approve of FAP. I think that FAP is not a good way to express love to each other and that is because the gesture involves to pleasure one’s genitals while only to relief themselves with the last image of the person or object as their insides burst out with love liquids. Only to repeat something addictive that has been proven to create dependance to various level of lustful releases needed to be fulfilled.

That being said there are far better love forms than expressing it verbally to a person and meaning to them you play with your genitals to their worth of your love. Sounds rather disgusting TBH.

I am more worried over Inori. I hope she gets saved next episode and all. This is serious mental break down time for her and Taichi should help her nicely from the looks of the preview.

Time being short I will leave it at that with a rather never understanding way of why would anyone express any love by playing with their genitals for someone else? That is plain stupid and ridiculous to me who never needed nor did masturbate.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 29, 2012 2:04 AM

Nov 2011
kokoro wow… This is so messed up but so great at the same time talk about putting a even bigger twist on the high school romance besides the body swamping

Jul 29, 2012 2:16 AM

Apr 2009
I actually don't see that many similarities with Clanad, but that could just be me.
Good episode though ^^

Jul 29, 2012 2:16 AM

Aug 2010
I don't think Inaba was moved because Taichi faps to her but because he trusts her enough to disclose this secret to her. And at the same time she thinks it's stupid to be moved because of the nature of the secret.

ABout Inaba's confession later... dunno what she's playing at. My take is, she just wanted to throw him a bit off balance (and she did^^)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 29, 2012 2:20 AM
Apr 2011
Jmac said:

Mainly because, I see Tachi as hypocrite. Yes, its good to out of your way to help your friends, but this selfless attitude is gonna be his downfall. He has three girls that are falling for him, but he seems oblivious to their feelings.

I agree. It's like trying to bring justice for everyone, however realistically there's always winner and a loser.

However, I do like Taichi. He's that fictional character that seemingly says all the right things at the right time. Can't say that I wouldn't like a guy to be that way.

I'm curious to find out Aoki's problem.
Jul 29, 2012 2:30 AM
Oct 2010
Wordsmith said:
I don't think Inaba was moved because Taichi faps to her but because he trusts her enough to disclose this secret to her. And at the same time she thinks it's stupid to be moved because of the nature of the secret.
Ignore Yumekichi's comment on this. He's either trolling, or has no idea what he's talking about. All while being very crude about it.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

336 by Hiroko_Takashiro »»
Apr 25, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.