Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 10, 2013 4:15 PM
May 2013
I hate how they kind of left out what happened to Altair at the end. I mean it played a pretty big role in the series. I just think that they could have at the very least explained what happened to earth's other half rather than ignore it.

I like Kagura's ending and hope he ends up with Zessica. It's sweet that he loves Mikono but it's more of an obsession, I think the short moments he had with Zessica is a start to a beautiful pairing. But my all time favorite couple is Mix and Andy. I don't know how Mix got her tig ole bitties back but I'm not complaining. At least we know that Andy won't have to go gay for Mix.
Jun 2, 2013 4:00 AM
Feb 2009
DECENT
Jun 17, 2013 5:41 AM

Feb 2013
The most Corny and "Orgasmic" Meccha Anime's i've ever watch!! xD hahaha...
KaguraxMikono is my otp, but well, AmataxMikono is my 2nd otp, so i guess it's an okay ending too, but seriously Kagura, 25 episode and just give up like that?! ugh.. and u are most likely 1 of the Hottest Villain that i like.. XD
Jul 5, 2013 9:24 PM
Jun 2013
I just finished the first season and I just wanted to see how it all ends with evol and I must say its beyond retarted. Apollo and siliva never get back together since well theres 2 apollos and one is left out and is apart of apollo. Im just going to ignore that this exist and just stay with season one. It had a bittersweet ending but at least it was a good ending that made sense. Dont get me started on that dog crap. It felt like the writers wanted to try to be cool and go "oh didint see this twist" but it just comes off dumb.
Jul 20, 2013 9:49 AM

Jan 2012
That was a nice ending, really enjoyed this show. Zessica not getting the best ending was sad, but it was bound to happen.
Loved this series XD
Jul 31, 2013 1:52 PM

Dec 2008
I wanted to know more about the girl with the bag over her head.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 9, 2013 4:20 PM

Oct 2010
Can't be objective with the ending as I really liked Zessica. Meh, didn't like it for some reason, even if I somewhat enjoyed the show...
Aug 9, 2013 8:02 PM
May 2013
Actually I finished the last episode right now :)) And It was Amazing to just stare at the melody and everything. No offense I disagree with half of the haters here for Evol. I loved It. Evol is love<3, Kagura and Zessica are cute together. I ship them forever. I ship Mikono and Amata<3 I even ship Ceyanne and Shrade:)

In Sousei it ruled, I love Reika and Silvia and everybody else who became a great character through the series.
Aug 27, 2013 3:10 PM
Apr 2013
I wish there was an ova or something to give Zessica and Kagura a better ending.. :/ Anybody know if this show's done and over with? Any possiblities for a movie/ova/sequel to this?
Sep 15, 2013 1:20 AM

Jun 2011
MoonlitKaitou said:

Somehow Kagura goes through this personality change and he's suddenly okay with letting Mikono go and letting Amata have her? What's with that shit? He chases her around for 25 episodes and then suddenly is like 'Oh my love is not as real or as strong as Amata's, I give up!' That was complete BS right there and half assed writing.

Zessica fights destiny, continues to love and cherish Amata while always supporting him and gets a shit end. What does this show teach you? If you're not destined for that person, don't fight it because you'll never get with them- isn't that an absolutely great message? Zessica was an amazing character who didn't get anything she deserved. It would have been better if she had not existed in this series at all- I mean was there a real point to having her in show? It would have been fine without her and spared her all the shit she had to suffer through.

Aquarion EVOL: Love conquers all!*

*As long as your fated. - a quote from someone, very fitting.

Poor Zessica...

Definitely agree with some of the things said there. The fated couple bull crap is a little trite. I always end up rooting for the unfated ones - like Zessica, but shit, she's so much better than Mikono IMHO.

The ending was a little half-assed. No doubt about it in my mind. I busted my ass laughing when they showed EVOL => LOVE and called that combo Aquarion LOVE. It was almost like they saved a really awesome punchline until the end, but then when they said it, you got overwhelmed by cheese. Still, I liked the series. It was a great watch. There were a lot of predictable plot twists, but that's not always a bad thing. Good mecha action, and music too (which was also what I liked the most in the original series). If nothing else, I enjoyed it because of Zessica! <3
RazorfingerSep 15, 2013 1:29 AM
Sep 17, 2013 4:43 PM

Apr 2012
said that its over, loved that anime... want another Season...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zessica <3
Oct 8, 2013 2:46 PM

May 2013
ok maybe this was answered by someone before but i didnt read the 8 pages of posts before this...but can anyone here explain to me why Apollonious isnt the one trying to get his love but instead the dog? i guess i never really grasped that concept.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Jan 10, 2014 8:01 AM

Oct 2009
Seriously how is this better than the first series? Shitty characters ( I didn't give two fucks about any of them except for Jin), good trolling is fine but this was just some awful crap.

I loved it up till this last arc, fuck this dog shit and Fudo is Apollonius? Fuck that too. He just let a dog have his lover?

I wish I never watched this, the ending of the first series was great, I really loved it. This is a real clusterfuck.

sorry about the swearing but I am so mad right now..

6/10, I should probably lower it a 5 or 4 but I really did like it till all the dog shit.
Jan 25, 2014 6:52 PM

Apr 2012
DSM144 said:
Aquarion LOVE. That was so obvious. We already figured that out since the beginning.

Kagura and Zessica make a good couple.

Mix turned back to a girl :P

It's great that nobody died and that everybody has a happy ending.
A lot of fans were expecting Amata and Kagura to fuse but that would just destroy the characters.
Apollo, Sirius and Toma were shown.

A really good episode with MikonoxAmata ending (as expected).
I am happy to be spoiled.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 27, 2014 12:52 AM

Mar 2008
This anime is so damn corny but I still like it & The best part of this whole series is that Mix got her Titties back!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!
Feb 11, 2014 10:24 AM

Apr 2009
Visually this was a very nice series (also really enjoyed the first ED), and falls into the 'so stupid it's entertaining' category, but at the same time I really only cared about Yunoha and Jin. They at least had something in common, whereas the others' relationships were common anime stereotypes.

Have to give it a 5 because no matter the little moments of enjoyment, the bs 'philosophy' and meh charas just got in the way.
Mar 23, 2014 6:47 PM
Jan 2014
Yess 5/5 i love happy and cheesy endings like the dragonaut ending

omg i just realized at the end lmao EVOL= LOVE backwards
May 11, 2014 8:18 AM

Aug 2012
I didn't understand why Kagura became nice and all but whatev
Mix turned back to a girl !!! Suomi and Donar YESSSSSSS

Everyone's happy. (Well, except Kagura and Zessica. They should just make out , they look great together).

We get to see some Jin x Yunoha for the end and by the way, it's Crea who fills the last blank of the ending !

Really enjoyed this series ^-^
8.5/10
NouillyMay 11, 2014 8:32 AM
Nov 4, 2014 8:06 PM

Apr 2012
OMG I commented on Jan 25 2014, and I just completed this series now...

It was a great ending. Overall 8/10 for the series.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 20, 2014 4:24 AM

Jan 2012
over the budget anime..

plot was semi-decent with all three generations of whatever

the naming and lines were cringey as fuck tho.. all the way tilt he end with Aquarion Love... /facepalm

Andy x Mix = win

Amata's mom is 11/10 MILF

7.33333... /10 for me
Dec 15, 2014 1:23 AM

Jan 2010
As of now, this is absolutely the most stupidest show I can claim to like. Although, it's only because with one simple reveal - just of what Evol meant - it made me feel like a complete dumbass. It's still a fun show, almost like Diebuster run on the power of love. By all accounts though, this should have been a complete mess, but it only ended up being cheesy as high hell.

This. Show. Urg.
May 17, 2015 5:26 AM

Nov 2014
but dat Aquarion Love though, Evol and Love, that part really cracked me up.

Good to see a happy ending for Zessica as she wasn't bad, but sometimes this show makes me think, "what just happened?" lol
May 26, 2015 1:11 PM
May 2015
I think that kagure x micono would of been better , but after all the anime was entertaining.but that kagura was without micono makes me crazy and angry
Jul 3, 2015 3:46 PM

Oct 2013
overall the show was ok, but i dont know how say it, the last episode was extremely rushed and how the fact that kagura is become sooooo nice was extremely rushed as well... lol i would give 6.5/10 for the show.....
Jul 8, 2015 3:44 AM

May 2015
I do wonder how i manage to finish this its so cheesy that i can't let go of watching it. Love is never a sin right? the story is all about Touma and Apollonius you can see it on the first song in genesis.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2015 4:23 AM

Jul 2008
EVOL....how did I not figure that one out.

I get all the criticism of the series, but I still can't help but like it. Zessica and Kagura...huh. Mix got her bang back by magic. Mikage deserved more of an ass kicking though.

8/10 despite the flaws.
Mar 4, 2016 3:42 PM
Jan 2011
This ending was so cheesy it made me cringe and feel bad for the voice actors who have to shout AQUARION LOVE! LOL! Pretty much every time they shouted Aquarion 'something' I immediately burst out laughing. XD Well this anime was a 'fun' and rather light hearted watch. It being a anime that is completely unable to be taken seriously, but it did good within that scope. Solid 7/10.
Oct 24, 2016 12:02 PM
May 2013
One of worst episodes so far , I'm not mad at the outcome but rather at the way it reached it .
At least after watching this I've learned to stay away from anime made by Shouji Kawamori , I'll put his anime in "waste of animation on slightly above average story" category.
Feb 7, 2017 1:02 AM
Sep 2014
just finished watching the series, the story was 8/10 but drop significantly from eps 20 onward, confusing as hell 5/10

have some question :
- alicia been cursed to sleep since arrived at altair and never wake up, and then she suddenly wake up just like that to speak to amata? huh?
btw her reason to left amata and went to altair really fcuked up.. so basically she willing to get impregnate by every man on altair to become the mother of all of the next gen altair's children? WTF...
- what about the altair's eve curse? i dont get the conclusion about this.
- anyone can enlighten me how can mix suddenly change back into a girl?
- sooooo what is mikage doing in altair? he did randomly what he wants like killing jin, opening dimensional gate for kagura, almost killing the frozen alicia in front of izumo, etc and izumo constantly irritated by his actions, and yet he did nothing. WTF???

I really enjoyed the anime until the story went train wreck.
May 22, 2017 4:40 PM
May 2017
Not much discussion going on here =P. My 2 cents first 14/15 or so eps were quite entertaining. But I thought the end of the series was a bit stupid, most of the last part infact.

By the end I honestly almost preferred the idea of Amata x Zessica tbh. Part of the issue is that Amata and Mikono hardly even talk in the last 8 or so episodes, it is quite stupid, honestly I liked their relationship for the first half, but it just kinda dwindled and Zess x Amata pretty much got more development (it was just unrequited). Basically all Amata said to Mikono episodes 18-26 was MIIIIKKKKONNNOOOOO!!!!!

Kagura just totally changing his mind was very stupid as well. I think the romance I enjoyed the most was actually The hole lovers lol.

To poster above, I dno, I guess that rack being gone would be a tragic waste. Maybe the Aquarion was saddened by that deeply and some of his tears fixed her lol

First half 8/10 second half 5/10
FinalSquallMay 22, 2017 4:44 PM
May 31, 2017 1:13 PM
Mar 2015
It was an ok series...but the last few episodes weren't particular interesting. At least Mikono stayed utterly useless until the end as Damsel in Distress. I'm glad I don't have to listen to Amata-kun! Mikono.kun! anymore.

The main characters were not this show's highlight. The side-characters were much more interesting. Andy was fun, but Amata was just meh.
Jun 18, 2017 7:48 AM
Apr 2016
What I got the most from this anime is that even though Alicia abandoned her son Amata like trash, he still thinks of her as good person. What the hell is that?
Bottom line this show is 5/10
Jan 26, 2019 3:51 AM

Jan 2013
I think I managed to find the worst mecha anime ever created.
Apr 25, 2020 1:58 PM

Jan 2009
I watched this because I watched the first series years ago. I didn't really enjoy the first series. This series took all the cliches they could think of and crammed as much as they could in this. In the end, you have ridiculous resolutions to every conflict in this anime. I couldn't even like one character.
ZewerrOct 1, 2020 7:13 AM
Feb 4, 2021 1:33 AM

Oct 2010
decent ending to the Aquarion saga, that reverse EVOL took me by surprise, all in all Amata got Mikono and Andy got Mix, Zessica got over it. The final battle was cool and Mikage was absorbed into Fudo. All is good in the world now.
7/10
Sep 27, 2022 9:16 PM
Sep 2022
I don't quite hate the ending but wouldn't it be nice if the creators of aquarion evol would make the next series after aquarion logos about Amata Sora, Mikono Suzushiro and Kagura Demuri again but this time it would be their reincarnation and Mikono Suzushiro will get to spend more of her time with Kagura Demuri than Amata Sora and get to know him better and choose Kagura Demuri instead of Amata Mikono and would fall in love with Kagura Demuri in the end and end up with him and they defeat the evil together and have a happy ending instead of Amata Sora I would love to see that please if possible
Apr 18, 2023 8:30 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide  - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 4   
[Art/Animation] - 5
[Sound/Music] - 4
[M-Character] - 4
[S-Character] - 4
[Enjoyment] - 4
[Overall] - 4
Wow just Enjoyed this a lot was not expecting to like it this much almost Love the show almost. I watched the original many years ago and liked it but I have to say this show has way better story and a big Cast of characters I really like more. Liked the storybook telling of the events that all connect to everyone form past to present. Sad to see the death of the music character but in the story many times keeping saying that he will die with a final song. I was fine with that I liked his part in the story, It was a Sad and Happy ending for many of the Cast!!! P.S Great background scenery of the City and the water effect... GG    
CcCharlesJan 3, 3:07 AM
Feb 28, 10:12 PM

Sep 2020
Another epic ending, just like the original! And pretty much everybody wins!

Overall, this was slightly less solid than the first series. I didn't like the change from a semi-serious dystopia to basically high school, and the characters weren't as interesting and too cliche for my taste. But it grew on me along the way, and by the time they started expanding the original lore, I was fully on board. Plus, the mech action was much improved. Screw the haters, I thought the dog twist was stupid fun! At least it wasn't some random shmuck and it actually tied into Apollo/Kagura's animalistic behavior.

Disappointing that there was no real conclusion to the Altair story. Do they just give up fighting, considering their major leaders are gone? Maybe even migrate to Earth? Or do they just sit back and die out from the lack of energy to open the dimensional gates again? Also, Mix suddenly returning to a girl - I assume it's because she returned to Earth and away from all the pollution/curse on Altair, but a little confirmation would've been nice. Just a simple, 5 min epilogue is all I'm asking for!

And what exactly was Mykage's role to the Altairians? Was he considered a god or supreme ruler? Izumo obviously knew who he was and knew that he was up to no good, yet he never actually went against Mykage until the end. How/why was he imprisoned in that crystal in the first place?

Anyways, a worthy addition to the franchise! 9 zuccently zlutty Zessicas /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2012

71 by E_akane_7 »»
Nov 4, 2020 8:58 AM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2012

48 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 16, 2020 2:55 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 15, 2012

64 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 16, 2020 2:14 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 8, 2012

79 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 15, 2020 11:46 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 1 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 8, 2012

44 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 15, 2020 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.