Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2012 10:31 PM

Jun 2008
Nilinhow said:
Ending was going to be perfect, the last minute destroyed it.

My thoughts exactly. Fuck. Would've been a 7, but 6/10 for those last few minutes.
FloreteJun 26, 2012 12:11 AM
Jun 25, 2012 10:32 PM

Sep 2011

This one got me.
Jun 25, 2012 10:44 PM

Feb 2012
Best episode, no, best anime I've ever watched in my entire life.

From the half to the 3/4 I couldn't stop crying, this was just too much, then I managed to stop a little when they were showing the life without Yuuko, but when he opened the box, jesus christ, it simply rained from my eyes.

I give this anime a perfect 10 out of 10, and I plan to rewatch it again and again. I'd really love a season 2.
Jun 26, 2012 12:13 AM
Jul 2018
Well, that was.......interesting. Didn't expect her to come back at the end. Second season incoming? The manga is still ongoing, so maybe eventually. But now I feel like they can't pull off the sad ending again. I was more liking the sad ending, but I guess this'll work. Maybe the manga will still have a more sad ending. This was a pretty good series, I really liked it. 8/10
Jun 26, 2012 12:35 AM

May 2011
LukaMai said:
why not end before 19 minutes,that would also be a good ending.
Yuuko's return can be the beginning of the second season

There won't be a second season. I think this is a one and done series. The manga hasn't picked up in sales that much and the BD presale numbers are a bit low. It's estimated it'll only be around 2-4K for the first volume.

-------------------

I can understand why people would feel the sad ending was a better overall idea. Being that it's common perception that ghosts that have their issues solved and can rest in peace usually fade away. They also did a good job selling that fact.

But I'm kind of getting sick of emo endings. so even though the happy ending was a bit of an asspull, i welcomed it. I'm satisfied and I'm in a much better mood.
Jun 26, 2012 12:38 AM
Mar 2008
Complete bullshit ending.
Jun 26, 2012 12:38 AM

Nov 2011
It was decent enough a watch and thank god it had a happy ending 6/10

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 26, 2012 12:51 AM

Jun 2008
Cirris said:
But I'm kind of getting sick of emo endings.

You must not watch much anime.
Jun 26, 2012 12:58 AM

Feb 2008
TBH, I liked the ending. Considering how the manga is still ongoing, I feel that the bad ending would make the anime more "cliche." This was a good ending with a little twist, and honestly I thought the series was very well done, I really looked forward to watching an episode every week.
9/10 for me.
Jun 26, 2012 1:56 AM

Sep 2011
Genix said:
Well that was satisfying. And cute :p
I'll get around to reading the manga some time... I like the artist.

Spacebar said:
HawthorneKitty said:
I was totally hoping for a bad end...

+100 , good sir

Why? The manga is ongoing :D

Yuuko's disappear is enough for this season.
Her return can be the beginning of the second season and then continue
Jun 26, 2012 3:34 AM

Dec 2007
They should just have ended it after she disappeared and he forgets her....
Jun 26, 2012 3:53 AM

Jan 2012
@RedFoxofFire +1
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Jun 26, 2012 4:01 AM

Mar 2012
Very beaultiful end.. I almost cried!
The moment that yuuko get back was excellent, combining very well with the opening song...
4/5
9/10
Jun 26, 2012 4:27 AM

Feb 2012
Forbbidenx said:
Cynic1 said:
Haha, i was already prepared to write something like "obvious ending was obvious", but it turned out to be a happy ending.
Even if it was a bit "retarded", i prefer happy endings.

Btw: Does anyone know why the manga stopped at chapter 33? :c

it stops at 33 cuz thats the most current chapter that came out around June 12th 2012 >.> 34 will prob be out some time in July

but anyway i loved the anime and the ending and im 1 of the few people hoping for a season 2 :D (inc flaming )
. Eh no, 33 came out in april, and 34 came out today xd
Jun 26, 2012 4:28 AM

Aug 2011
Oh my god, their goodbye too much for me to bear. The tears, they won't stop. It was a little abrupt of Yuuko to announce their separation but the argument that followed was just stunning. Right on for Teiichi for staying during her final moments. I understood she wanted to leave on a happy note outside but surely two lovers hold support each other until the very end.

I almost feel trolled by the ending since she came back. I feel relieved that they're together again though. Yuuko makes this show so I felt it was a satisfying ending in all.

Fantastic show, definitely one that I enjoyed the most this season. OP and ED were wonderful to watch every time and the art and the portrayal of some scenes were a breath of fresh air. Right from the unusual structure of the first episode, I sensed that this show was something special.

9/10. Emotional roller coaster, would love more.
Jun 26, 2012 4:49 AM

Aug 2008
Redfoxoffire said:
Nilinhow said:

My thoughts exactly. Fuck. Would've been a 7, but 6/10 for those last few minutes.

Exactly mine too. I was about to score it 7/10, but suddenly drop to 6/10 by its epilogue.

It's still a fine show though.
Jun 26, 2012 4:51 AM

Jul 2009
i would have given this anime a 10/10 if they didn't fuck up the ending with her returning back........now from 10 to 5. Assholes -_- they really had to fuck up that perfect dramatic ending did they?
Jun 26, 2012 5:08 AM

Sep 2011
Don't mostly everyone just love happy endings? I do too but, I can't help being pessimisttic (sorry guys). It's just that, well Teiichi and Yuuko ended up with each other in the last episode but will this really last? I mean Yuuko won't age since she's already a ghost but what about Teiichi? Of course he'll age, but he'll be so old when he dies. I don't really like the idea about old man Teiichi and young Yuuko dating. Ugh! It's a bit disgusting to me. Sorry again for being negative. I'm always like this (not emo) :P
Jun 26, 2012 6:26 AM

Feb 2012
Liked that happy ending. Loved this series from beginning to end.
Jun 26, 2012 6:39 AM

Oct 2010
Late and tired. The episode itself showed a rater super condensed romance did just with the following,

Made me tear out a lot. The BGM 10 folded the whole scene. It reminded me of the Fuko ghost part of Clannad S1 a little where you know she will be gone somehow until it happens.

The second part is the following,

Now think of the whole crazy ass assumption. So God denies her Heavens cause she is chained by love to a human and does not have a pure mind. OK so then comes the Goddess of love Aphrodite and from what the GIF shows (Rose Petals may be a flower of Aphrodite but not sure) I assume Teiichi is stuck with Yuuko till he dies. Only then can they enter Paradise of the Goddess of Love, something like that. Basically it’s cause I don’t think it’s hell where Yuuko will go with Teiichi cause their love is pure. She does not deserve it. So if anything she must first keep her man in check so as have him with her most of the times. No other girls for you Teiichi cause they will be haunted and it’s ANOTHER all over again.

That being said I have to put my score from 7/10 to 9/10 cause the whole moral and story was touching to me. The ecchi was really not needed especially after episode where you learn of her past as it counter balances. I mean how the fuck should I feel of a girl’s body that was unfairly killed after learning those facts? Along with regret it did not work out after that.

Well anyway it was OK but seeing it as a whole the fan service was not really needed I notice, despite at first it looked like it went well with the series. All changed when one learns of Yuuko’s past. Might edit later in the club.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 26, 2012 6:44 AM

Nov 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
Nilinhow said:

Same here....
Jun 26, 2012 7:44 AM

Jul 2010
That was beautiful, but honestly, the end kind of pissed me off. I was happy, but it ruined such a nice parting. Ugh. Oh well.

I thought this show was going to be a horror like Another last season, but it turned out to be fun, interesting, ecchi-filled (-.-"), somewhat creepy, and with a troll ending.
Wasn't bad.

I was debating between a 7 or an 8, but I think Dusk Maiden went down to a 7 after that ending..
fishergirl16Jun 26, 2012 7:47 AM
Jun 26, 2012 8:10 AM

Nov 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

I was in agreement, her disappearing and Teiichi moving on would have been a little bit more bittersweet if you ask me. Also would have meant that Kirie wouldn't have faded into the background as much as she did.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind the happy ending and all but it seems a bit of a stretch to be honest. After all the disappearance and the last day with Yuuko was wonderfully done...her reappearing at the end felt like it undid that a little bit.
Jun 26, 2012 8:29 AM

Jan 2010
OreWaKami said:
Don't mostly everyone just love happy endings? I do too but, I can't help being pessimisttic (sorry guys). It's just that, well Teiichi and Yuuko ended up with each other in the last episode but will this really last? I mean Yuuko won't age since she's already a ghost but what about Teiichi? Of course he'll age, but he'll be so old when he dies. I don't really like the idea about old man Teiichi and young Yuuko dating. Ugh! It's a bit disgusting to me. Sorry again for being negative. I'm always like this (not emo) :P

You forgot that the individual person perceives how they see ghosts, in this case Yuuko. So if he wanted to, in his mind he can see Yuuko aging with him as he gets older. Yuuko could feel the same way, therefore changing her perception of herself along with Teiichi's perception.

I suppose, in the end it's a happy ending and they could live happily ever after, in a way. When they grow old, Yuuko can accept what's given to her and finally stop haunting Teiichi and they can pass on together.

Teiichi just..has to live in solitude because he would be seen as crazy to society cause they can't see her. They can't really have a child nor adopt a baby because their adopted children can't see Yuuko. So, it could be depressing down the road if they don't accept the fact early on.

I'm curious if Kirie can see Yuuko, because Yuuko isn't bound to the school anymore. She's now haunting Teiichi and she can free roam the world.

In the end, it's better if they went with a Bittersweet ending or in a year or two Yuuko accepts her fate and stops haunting Teiichi. If not, there will be way too many complications, unless Teiichi and Yuuko are that willing to live (if you will) that sort of life.
Kan_BiiruJun 26, 2012 8:34 AM
Jun 26, 2012 8:40 AM
Dec 2011
I knew it would happen in the end because how can she go crying into the afterlife. Other tearful bitter sweet endings happen when someone you love comes back and then gets to sleep in peace but they fell in love after she came back and she would remain a gohst since if she had to part from him it would be a regret. I do feel bad for kirie thoough i think she would have mnade a good replacement. She was even drinking milk lol
Jun 26, 2012 8:45 AM

Jan 2010
thisguy2011 said:
I do feel bad for kirie thoough i think she would have mnade a good replacement.

I would hate to be the "replacement" in a relationship.
Jun 26, 2012 9:29 AM

Jun 2008
a good ending is good
8\10
i really enjoyed watching it =]
Jun 26, 2012 10:10 AM

Oct 2010
Teldara said:
I suppose, in the end it's a happy ending and they could live happily ever after, in a way. When they grow old, Yuuko can accept what's given to her and finally stop haunting Teiichi and they can pass on together.
Actually I still think she wants to be bound to Teiichi's soul and the only way for that is for her to wait till he passes away.
Teldara said:
I'm curious if Kirie can see Yuuko, because Yuuko isn't bound to the school any more. She's now haunting Teiichi and she can free roam the world.
Kirie can see Yuuko no matter what cause I think she has a family bond to Yuuko's family. I mean Yukariko had kids and they had other kids right?
Teldara said:
In the end, it's better if they went with a Bittersweet ending or in a year or two Yuuko accepts her fate and stops haunting Teiichi. If not, there will be way too many complications, unless Teiichi and Yuuko are that willing to live (if you will) that sort of life.
I so want a OVA and the best of that I have seen was in Kurokami series where they do show you how one bond had to be waited out till the person who had passed away.

Suffice to say they did the flash-forward nicely. I am hoping they do a 2 part OVA for that of perhaps a movie would be nice.

Jun 26, 2012 10:29 AM

Feb 2010
Definitely goes to my favorites.
I don't care anything negative that the others said, but for me it was closed well.

Never felt like this after Angel Beats lol XD
CashdaxJun 26, 2012 11:37 AM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 26, 2012 11:37 AM

May 2010
I thought it was gonna be a sad ending but good thing is not !! ^_^
Jun 26, 2012 11:37 AM

Mar 2012
goddamn tearjerker...
Jun 26, 2012 11:58 AM

Jun 2012
Should have expected that ending but... It surprised me.

I think it would have been much better if she hadn't come back.

Will be looking for that insert song.
Jun 26, 2012 12:26 PM

Jun 2011
CrimsonLight said:
HawthorneKitty said:

You aren't alone.
When I saw her come back out of nowhere, I was all like ಠ_ಠ

me2.. I really liked the show but the happy end ruined it for me..I thought it would be better if she was gone for good, even though i really liked her
Duhuhu...
Jun 26, 2012 1:35 PM

Feb 2011
Very well done series . Emotional end was emotional xD .
Jun 26, 2012 1:39 PM

Feb 2010
ReyvateilEXEC said:
CrimsonLight said:
HawthorneKitty said:

You aren't alone.
When I saw her come back out of nowhere, I was all like ಠ_ಠ

me2.. I really liked the show but the happy end ruined it for me..I thought it would be better if she was gone for good, even though i really liked her
Same here.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 26, 2012 2:03 PM

Feb 2010
What was the song playing while Yuuko was disappearing?
Jun 26, 2012 3:36 PM

Jan 2009
Rikatei said:
What was the song playing while Yuuko was disappearing?

Requiem by Nao Hiiragi

I didn't understand the comparison with Another made ​​by some people ??... Well, the truth is, Tasogare is based on the manga, where it has a lot of comedy more than horror, then the happy ending is entirely justified, since it was totally funny. I saw nothing wrong with this ending, as I said before, Tasogare is much more focused on comedy than the horror.

The visual art is beautiful, much better that several animes in this season and the soundtrack was great too, it was a good anime and had a great end, didn't disappoint like other animes did.
english isn't my native language... ;)
Jun 26, 2012 4:07 PM

Aug 2009
Fucking terrible ending. Jesus Christ, I'm raging so much right now. Yuuko's departure was an amazing scene and the insert song really helped build the mood. It was incredibly sad and I felt sorry for Teiichi when he thought that she had left, but she just dropped the pen to MOTHERFUCKING FINALLY kiss him.
They should've left it at that. It was beautiful. Great. Amazing.
But noooooo, they just had to ruin it with a shitty twist happy end that they pulled out of their hairy asses at the last second. It ruined the entire last episode, it just ruined the entire mood it tried SO hard to build. Why Silver Link, WHY?!

4/10, considering to rate it a 3/10 after that asspull ending. This show could've been so good, but it's definitely one of the worst "horror" shows I've ever watched. It was more a school harem than an actual horror. The ones that made this should take a look at P.A. Works' Another. Not a perfect horror and definitely not a perfect anime, but it's hella better than this turd.

/rant
Jun 26, 2012 4:21 PM

Jan 2009
STM said:
Fucking terrible ending. Jesus Christ, I'm raging so much right now. Yuuko's departure was an amazing scene and the insert song really helped build the mood. It was incredibly sad and I felt sorry for Teiichi when he thought that she had left, but she just dropped the pen to MOTHERFUCKING FINALLY kiss him.
But noooooo, they just had to ruin it with a shitty twist happy end that they pulled out of their hairy asses at the last second. It ruined the entire last episode, it just ruined the entire mood it tried SO hard to build. Why Silver Link, WHY?!

4/10, considering to rate it a 3/10 after that asspull ending. This show could've been so good, but it's definitely one of the worst "horror" shows I've ever watched. It was more a school harem than an actual horror. The ones that made this should take a look at P.A. Works' Another. Not a perfect horror and definitely not a perfect anime, but it's hella better than this turd.

/rant
I must say I feel inclined to agree here. Well, except about the "considering to rate it a 3/10"-part. I already did so, after all. ( ¬‿¬)
And while I would try choosing slightly more subtle words, STM's post is more or less my very thoughts on this catastrophic ending.

In the end, there was potential at first, but then they decided to "please the fans", which in 99% of the cases ends up ruining everything.
Too bad.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 26, 2012 4:28 PM

Jan 2012
Oosran said:
STM said:

/rant
I must say I feel inclined to agree here. Well, except about the "considering to rate it a 3/10"-part. I already did so, after all. ( ¬‿¬)
And while I would try choosing slightly more subtle words, STM's post is more or less my very thoughts on this catastrophic ending.

In the end, there was potential at first, but then they decided to "please the fans", which in 99% of the cases ends up ruining everything.
Too bad.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that the director employed a Deus Ex Machina to please the happyfags . Tsk
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Jun 26, 2012 5:52 PM

Jun 2008
I can't believe I'll be writhing this, cause I'm a huge fan of happy endings, but this one had so touching and beautiful sad scene and I think it would be a perfect if it stayed that way till the end.
The whole anime is really average as for me, but that one scene made up for the whole series...
Jun 26, 2012 6:17 PM

Oct 2010
Spacebar said:
Oosran said:
STM said:

/rant

Too bad.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that the director employed a Deus Ex Machina to please the happyfags . Tsk
As much as I can agree with this, I can say that it's not about that. It's perhaps to show a more beautiful part. I think that would be a movie where the MC lives his life till death and in death he finds back Yuuko and together they go to heavens. I think if the author needed time to finish up some final touches because I would do this. It's obvious if the author did not need to he would not do this at all. He would let go.

I feel as if the author wants to extend a lot but also wants to do a proper conclusion. One he was not ready to do with this TV series.

Anyone agree with this or does not and think the author is a SOB retard? Go ahead but I still think he did it all cause he was not ready to let go of this story. He finds it too lame to end it like that. Despite many accepting it, a creator can decide all he wants with his story. I am sure people will go see the movie of this series that could conclude it all.

Jun 26, 2012 7:14 PM

Oct 2011
Seriously, the last minute of this episode is really bad...

Before that the ending was totally satisfying, but no, they decided that a lame deus ex machina.

I feel as if the author wants to extend a lot but also wants to do a proper conclusion.

It's often for the worse.

Here the story is complete, you don't need to add anything. All the questions have been answered, and there is no goal left for the characters. If sequels are often worse than original, there is a reason.

Sure, you can make a gag serie, but that's not the point.

This anime is the story of a boy that fall in love with a ghost and lead her to accept her past and bad emotions. What's left to tell?
Jun 26, 2012 7:46 PM

Jul 2009
Eh... was expecting Yuuko to leave. Poor Kirie :(
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 26, 2012 7:57 PM

Jul 2008
Fuck you, giving us an happy ending after that sad farewell. Fuck you.
Jun 26, 2012 7:59 PM

Jan 2010
The insert song is called Requiem by Nao Hiiragi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HQxuHzEhf4&feature=player_embedded#!
~Lurna
Jun 26, 2012 8:18 PM

Jul 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
As much as I can agree with this, I can say that it's not about that. It's perhaps to show a more beautiful part. I think that would be a movie where the MC lives his life till death and in death he finds back Yuuko and together they go to heavens. I think if the author needed time to finish up some final touches because I would do this. It's obvious if the author did not need to he would not do this at all. He would let go.

I feel as if the author wants to extend a lot but also wants to do a proper conclusion. One he was not ready to do with this TV series.

Anyone agree with this or does not and think the author is a SOB retard? Go ahead but I still think he did it all cause he was not ready to let go of this story. He finds it too lame to end it like that. Despite many accepting it, a creator can decide all he wants with his story. I am sure people will go see the movie of this series that could conclude it all.

What are you talking about? I thought most of the plot in this was anime-original content since the manga is still ongoing. So it wouldn't be the creator choosing this ending, it would be SILVER LINK. Right?
Jun 26, 2012 9:26 PM

Jul 2008
GarLogan78 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

What are you talking about? I thought most of the plot in this was anime-original content since the manga is still ongoing. So it wouldn't be the creator choosing this ending, it would be SILVER LINK. Right?

Nowaday the new trend is that manga author supervise the original content. Can't say if it's the case with this show but I could buy it.
Jun 26, 2012 11:53 PM

May 2011
I actually picked this up because the mystery and horror tags

It kind of let me down, it was alright but it wasn't great.
Was thinking about giving it a quick review but every son and mother already wrote one.
Jun 27, 2012 1:03 AM

Jan 2010
Post-Josh said:
It didn't have the power to make viewers depressed (like Ano Hana or After Story) because it lacked the buildup, so it went with what fits.

Thalandor46 said:
And this is where we differ. Amnesia, particularly the second half, was an emotional ride for me. I'm not sure I'd say depression was be the primary emotion I experienced, but there's no question in my mind that that was a part of it. That's what the ending ruined for me. All the built up emotion was gone in an instant.

Thinking about it a little more, I don't think it's so much the happy ending that ruined it for me, but the overly happy ending. Alternate idea: Sees box, opens box, faint voice in the background: "Teichi-kun...", the end! I think I'd be satisfied with that kind of ending, because it would provide emotional hope. The way they went, there's no need for such hope. Personal conclusion: Happy is a boring emotion.

I half agree. Most of the last two episodes were gut-wrenching. Many of the comments speak of how emotional things got for people. Most of the season though, they did a good job of mixing comedy, tragedy and horror. I've never seen After Story but Ano Hana, while decent, spent a lot more time bludgeoning the viewer with actually depressed characters behaving in a depressed manner. If I recall, that show was 11 episodes in length so that would be about 264 minutes of viewer bashing.

As for the happy ending… I'm fine with it. I half-expected it and smiled when it happened. While it broke what would have been one of the most powerful endings ever, I think it was reasonable for this show and falls into the category of many ways to skin a cat. While most of the comedy was done early, Okonogi's bit with the notebook and Kirie's facepalm were great (simple yet awesome artwork on that). And while there wasn't a great deal of service, they made sure to include some. But having said that, while Kirie only got the attention she deserved for an episode or two, Yuuko really is the centrepiece of the show. It would have been a shame to lose forever one of anime's most charming characters when the show was a mix of genres.

FWIW, I think that your proposed ending would probably have worked too. But I also think it would have generated at least as many complaints, and starting a second season wouldn't really have worked because if she wasn't coming back, there wouldn't be another season.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2012

157 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2012

145 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2012

143 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2012

170 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 29, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 20, 2012

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 29, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.