Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jul 16, 2012 8:14 AM

Mar 2009
any idea why the BD sales is so bad that it is unranked?
Mokyuu♥~!!

Jul 17, 2012 11:31 PM
Jun 2012
what an abrupt ending. there better be a second season
Jul 23, 2012 11:55 AM

Jun 2012
Great episode, although it seemed like a quick ending to the series.. There are a lot of loose ends, or at least a few major ones. 4/5
As for the series, it was a lot better than I expected. 7/10

Aug 5, 2012 11:14 PM

Jul 2012
I thought this was a terrific episode! Haven't been this entertained since the premiere!

It ended with a cliffhanger and had some loose ends, but how is that a negative? Hello?!! The story is still ongoing! It followed the manga too! What is up with people these days? If they tried to close off all loose ends with an anime original ending, people will complain it was a shitty manga adaption! If they wrapped up the season like how they did with Avatar: The Legend of Korra, folks would complain it felt too closed off and complete....i.e. you can't please everyone.

Overall? 9/10 for sure. I hope a season 2 gets the green light someday!
Aug 11, 2012 10:02 PM

Sep 2010
I enjoyed this show a lot, but seeing as a lot feels left out I will probably start reading the manga soon.
Aug 11, 2012 10:21 PM

Jul 2011
We'll definitely need a season too i mean i understand the cliffhanger because the manga is still on going but seriously this episode felt so rushed like how they rushed in the guitar undertakers past so we feel sorry for him.. that was un-needed in my opinion and ganta was still such a cry baby and it was really weird seeing shiro getting beat up since she's supposedly has been there longer than anybody and she's been super strong in past episodes Nagis and kariko love also felt rushed making me unable to feel bad for them 7/10
Aug 11, 2012 10:35 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty good ending; pretty gory; pretty awesome. Not a bad ending for an entertaining anime. Hoping diligently for a 2nd season.

The episode (especially the end) made me feel that Shiro killed his class; Ganta, saying that the song she sang at the end was the last thing he heard when his class was killed, her codename being wretched egg, and how she implied as to being the redman a few times throughout the anime. Still a bit more thinking to do, but it seems plausible to say the least; would be a great twist.

Oh, and I liked how Ganta, instead of running away, chose to stay and protect his friend(s). Really good show of character.
Aug 12, 2012 2:41 AM

Jul 2008
what a crap spot to end...needs a season two.
Aug 12, 2012 7:56 PM
Aug 2008
I knew the ending wouldn't be any "ending" at all. Hmm well, glad Ganta finally made up with Shiro, so I'm satisfied even if they didn't wrap anything up. There is a slight chance I will read the manga to see how it ends. But only if I feel like it...
Aug 15, 2012 4:48 PM

Jan 2012
8/10
This episode looked to me that it needed more work, they rushed everything so quickly and still there were unsolved answers. Too many sources says that a second season will be made so I guess it will be better to just read the manga.

The undertaker guru was death metal brutal! Pure badass.
Aug 15, 2012 10:47 PM
Mar 2009
That was an awful ending. What the crap.
Aug 28, 2012 1:22 AM
Jul 2012
Pheneks said:
Pretty good ending; pretty gory; pretty awesome. Not a bad ending for an entertaining anime. Hoping diligently for a 2nd season.

The episode (especially the end) made me feel that Shiro killed his class; Ganta, saying that the song she sang at the end was the last thing he heard when his class was killed, her codename being wretched egg, and how she implied as to being the redman a few times throughout the anime. Still a bit more thinking to do, but it seems plausible to say the least; would be a great twist.

Oh, and I liked how Ganta, instead of running away, chose to stay and protect his friend(s). Really good show of character.

Sep 8, 2012 9:01 AM

Jul 2012
10/10 overall

9/10 this episode cuz of weird ending..
Sep 8, 2012 11:03 AM
Sep 2011
They should second season becoz they left me confused if they dont make another season anime will be sketchy
Sep 19, 2012 1:40 PM

Jul 2012
IMO if they made a season 2 for this show, this would redeem it for the last 12 episodes. The main plot about killing the red man aka the wretched egg, comes up literally right after this episode. For those people who already read the manga, I sure hope you know what I mean.
Sep 22, 2012 9:28 AM

Jan 2012
And so it ended. Well, I have to say I really liked the show despite some really sick scenes. Also I would watch a second season for sure. In any case, it was a very enjoyable watch.

Sep 22, 2012 9:37 AM

Aug 2012
Dude has a hole in his. No spinal cord. And he somehow has the strength and the back to reach UP and grab the other dude.

Bull piss. The explosion tears a hole in the building and that other dude that was holding on didn't even get a scratch.

He even had the nerve to attempt to speak, and they let him. I couldn't be surprised if the hole in his body took out the bottom part of his lungs.

Screw this crap. Way to fake.
Sep 22, 2012 10:58 AM

Jul 2012
XeroCleaths said:
Dude has a hole in his. No spinal cord. And he somehow has the strength and the back to reach UP and grab the other dude.

Bull piss. The explosion tears a hole in the building and that other dude that was holding on didn't even get a scratch.

He even had the nerve to attempt to speak, and they let him. I couldn't be surprised if the hole in his body took out the bottom part of his lungs.

Screw this crap. Way to fake.

Since when is anime expected to be realistic?
Oct 2, 2012 10:01 AM

May 2012
Nice final episode, that super blast was totally epic, really great final battle though it ended VERY OPEN so I wonder if there ever will be a second season of this, as he still doesn't know who she really is and what will happen with the complex everything is possible!

Still great ending for this Anime 8/10
Oct 6, 2012 2:37 PM

Apr 2010
6/10
Not bad but Ganta annoys me. I want to read the manga.
Oct 11, 2012 2:45 PM

Oct 2009
Not sure why this is scored rather low, but i fucking loved it. It was dam entertaining, but for me the last couple of episodes weren't as great, also Ganta is a bloody wimp :/

Felt rushed this did, here's hoping for a 2nd season!

DAT OP is beast!!

8/10
Oct 13, 2012 5:17 PM
Oct 2012
Ending wasn't so bad, I thought, that it will be totally mess up. But I think Ganta should die (skipping that there were about 20 situations, when he was dying or almost dying) I didn't like Ganta, he was really annoying me, but it was great, when he covered Shiro with his own body. And sometimes he was behaving very cool. I apologize for my all mistakes in writing, but I'm still learning English :)
Oct 23, 2012 9:14 PM

Sep 2012
Just finished it and I think that they rushed the ending. They should make a season 2! OP/ED songs are really good.
Oct 28, 2012 9:08 PM

Aug 2009
I liked the ending but it seem to leave a lot of loose ends. The ending left me a little confused,I hope they make a second season to clear everything up.
Dec 6, 2012 6:33 PM
Apr 2012
The series started off nicely.

From the fourth episode on it was already apparent to me that it lost focus.

By the 12th it's so ridiculous that I wasn't immersed remotely.

Honestly the selling points were the survival games and gore. For it to transition into relationship building and absurd plot twists; it wrecked itself.
Dec 8, 2012 6:19 PM

Sep 2012
they better make a second season that anime was good and i read some of the manga and i want the for the forgeries to come out
Jan 16, 2013 2:15 PM
Sep 2012
I just wish that they show much more of Wretched Egg! I LOVE HER! *_____*
Jan 28, 2013 2:27 AM

Mar 2012
Definitely not an anime that I would have associated with my tastes.. but strangely enjoyable. I've never been one for a lot of blood and torture in any form of media and some parts were pretty hard for me to watch.. even if it was animated

Nonetheless I found myself always watching the next episode and I think as a whole I enjoyed it just because it was so different for me.

I hope for a second season to see what happens next
Jan 28, 2013 9:59 PM

Jan 2013
Hm... Well... After watching this end I wanna read the mangá. I hope the mangá has the answers for the things left in the air.

Ep. 12: 8/10
Full anime: 8/10
Feb 3, 2013 5:06 PM
Feb 2013
there has to a second episode of Deadman Wonderland i want to c if Ganta gets the chance to meet the REDMAN

someone should go tell the producer at Funimation Inc. to make a new season that will be better than the first
JOSUE_ASHFeb 3, 2013 5:28 PM
Feb 7, 2013 10:50 AM

Jan 2013
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to transition smoothly from the anime to the manga?? I can't get enough Deadman Wonderland and I need to know how this crazy tale finishes!
redchlorofillMar 31, 2013 10:02 AM
Feb 13, 2013 8:48 AM

Oct 2012
I enjoyed this show but it was quite hurried ..

it ended uncompleted and Id be glad for 2nd season if they'd make it

I've got a bad habit of clicking spoilers too fast, then regret it ..

"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed."
Apr 1, 2013 3:25 AM
Jan 2011
JOSUE_ASH said:
there has to a second episode of Deadman Wonderland i want to c if Ganta gets the chance to meet the REDMAN

someone should go tell the producer at Funimation Inc. to make a new season that will be better than the first

He already met the Red Man. Think a bit, it's pretty obvious ;)

By the way, is there ever going to be a season 2? Or an OVA at least? I hate it when they leave the series unfinished when it gets the most interesting...
Apr 2, 2013 2:47 PM

Feb 2012
I don't know why but I enjoyed this series, maybe because of the violence. My only complaint would be that some supporting characters don't get enough screen time. Shame there probably won't ever be a second season.
Jul 23, 2013 5:30 PM

Feb 2011
Writting this in 2013, still no second season, probably won´t happen.

Nevertheless, I really enjoyed this show, it was a bit brief, and the main character was dislikeable, not much in terms of cast development, but the action was solid.

Here´s hoping for a second season someday...
Jul 24, 2013 6:02 AM

Dec 2012
I started this series just because of the title, and I'm so glad I did it !
I also think that Ganta should've had more role , it was less than expected :(
The ending is kinda disappointing, but I think that should not there be more seasons because I think that ending made the anime really good !
I wonder if Shiro is the 'Red Man' and the 'Wretched Egg' herself Ganta was searching for...
And that Tsunenaga was such a stupid guy, he should've died !!

9/10
Sep 26, 2013 12:26 AM

May 2013
well for the sake of the good animation i give it a 6/10 or else i would have given it a 5
Oct 13, 2013 3:33 PM

Jun 2013
At this point I'm guessing there will not be a season 2. The show seems very unfinished. I sure still hope there will be a season two. Anyways, good series. I wish I knew the outcome without having to read the manga. The ending left me very confused.
Oct 23, 2013 10:01 AM
May 2013
Just finished Deadman Wonderland and saw this forum. I wasn't horrifically disappointed but was somewhat disappointed. It started off good and there are a few things it did very well like animation, the gore and the concept. But the series really needed to be twice as long for more character development. And I hate to say it, but the ending is honestly the worst ending of anime I have seen so far. I mean cmon, so Ganta doesn't escape the prison, find out Shiro was the Red Man and the director still lives?! Too many things left way unresolved. Overall tho, I still liked it but it could have been alot better. The fights with the undertakers were awesome and Nagi was a badass character. His backstory was really sad and his fight scenes were amazing.
Oct 24, 2013 6:38 PM
May 2013
Does anyone happen to know why Shiro in her Red Man state decided to kill Gantas classmates in the first place? I just realized I never knew why.
Oct 27, 2013 9:51 AM

Jul 2009
I loved it all! I want more, too bad there's no 2nd season, I will need to read the manga, I wonder what Ganta will do when he finds out who is the Red man.
Dec 16, 2013 12:06 PM

Sep 2013
i still dont get the end but it was a nice one

not the best ive seen but in higher rank

but for my rate i give it 2/5 (if i feel any emotions for the charcter or not)

and for the anime i give 3.5/5
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
Feb 3, 2014 1:28 AM

Apr 2009
This anime was pretty average, the ending wasn't that good, not worth watching in my opinion, i regret that i have bought the anime. and ganta is so weak.
Feb 4, 2014 6:29 AM
Jan 2014
I feel like the odd one for liking this anime, apparently way too much, as I read these posts here. It left me wanting more, but not in a bad way. Though it left somethings open and somethings needed to be read between the lines, a lot was also concluded. I wouldn't give it a perfect score, but something on the lines 8.5 or 9 feels right.

As for the continuation of the story; the manga satisfied my hunger. The anime followed the manga pretty faithfully, with few alterations, which made the transition easy.
Feb 23, 2014 8:17 AM

Oct 2013
This anime had a lot of potential but so much of it was wasted. Seemed rushed from start to finish, they apparently deviated a bit from the manga and the ending was kind of a f u to the viewer. Not sure I cba to read the manga for the continuation of the story. Also Ganta has to be one of the worst main characters I've seen in a long time, the freaking whining! I didn't like how a lot of the action wasn't shown. I think I just kept watching for the soundtrack and Kana's voice acting.
Mar 9, 2014 9:39 PM

Nov 2013
So I just finished this anime, and I have to say, it was one of those that you watch because you think it's going to be good, but it then leaves you a bit disappointed. I was hoping for more character development, more answers to questions, and it felt too rushed. I would have liked to see Shiro exert her power way more. She only did it like once, and even then it was a bit meager. Ganta became annoying, and the end was like WTF? We need a second season, but that is not going to be happening it seems, so I guess that's where it ends. It was a 6/10 overall. Good to watch when you are deathly bored.
"The most painful lesson one can learn is letting go, but everything in this world is connected and nothing's truly ever gone. She will always be a part of me." -Eiri
Mar 23, 2014 2:16 PM

Sep 2010
The anime seems unfinished. Maybe it was because of the progress of the manga at the time. The lack of explanations about the main characters bothered me. Oh, well, I'm probably not going to read the manga to see how it ended.
Apr 21, 2014 1:10 AM

Aug 2012
Decent anime, unfinished though need season 2 but unlikely.
May 14, 2014 7:21 AM

Oct 2013
wow, this entire anime was like a teaser for the manga. "Hey, here's X volumes of this manga animated for you lazy fucks who don't want to read the manga. Now that it's over, go read it."

I did like it, though. Giving it a 7/10 for now, though I may have to drop it to 6/10 depending on the lasting impression. And yeah, I'll probably be reading the manga. Hopefully I can just start off from where the anime ended without missing much.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 29, 2014 1:04 AM

Apr 2012
rpool179 said:
Does anyone happen to know why Shiro in her Red Man state decided to kill Gantas classmates in the first place? I just realized I never knew why.
that and so many other things made this series horrible
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viral_hun - May 21, 2011

234 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 14, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

13man18 - Jun 25, 2011

161 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

banisherx - Jun 18, 2011

190 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mystik - Jun 11, 2011

140 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lightyear8684 - Jun 4, 2011

130 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.