Forum Settings
Forums

Insufficient Blu-ray Sales of Hidan no Aria To Produce Second Season

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2011 10:39 AM

Sep 2009
otakuthon49 said:
ref. the Blu-ray + DVD sales of the first volume
Hidan no Aria: 6,356 copies (one episode, 4,200 yen)
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko: 6,628 copies (two episodes, 7,350 yen)

So... to buy one episode of Hidan no Aria was $52 and to buy two episodes of Denpa Onna is $90.

Aria is being too expensive with each episode.

Hidan no Aria was a mediocre anime at best, but I'm definitely not surprised there are not enough sales for Aria to make a second season.

EDIT:

ItsSoPringles said:
outlawauron said:
Anime that are just good products are starting to sell more and more. Putting out mediocre shows will almost always give you the same in return.
not true, highschool of the dead is god awful and it sold like hotcakes

I can actually agree with you and I think the only reason why it was sold very quickly was, I guess the ecchi factor in it.

One word: Overrated.

Again, I don't understand where this is coming from. It didn't sell well at all. It did good enough to be profitable (of course), but certainly wasn't a hit in terms of sale numbers.
Jul 1, 2011 10:41 AM

Jul 2009
BEST NEWS EVER!!
Jul 1, 2011 10:42 AM

Sep 2010
Maybe JCStaff will learn a lesson from this.

I can dream, right?
Jul 1, 2011 11:09 AM

Mar 2008
good news ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ because hidan was crap
Jul 1, 2011 11:16 AM

Oct 2009
outlawauron said:

Again, I don't understand where this is coming from. It didn't sell well at all. It did good enough to be profitable (of course), but certainly wasn't a hit in terms of sale numbers.

Hmmm, it is profitable, but I am saying that Hidan no Aria was a mediocre series at best. If I did say that was one of the factors, then my bad.

Jul 1, 2011 11:27 AM
Apr 2011
I still think they both will get a second season anyway, didn't know H no A was only one episode per volume
Jul 1, 2011 11:44 AM
Jun 2009
I want more Aria Iam reading hte novel and it gets really good the show was quite interesting and i think when it starts focusing on reki later down the road it will get more fans that would prob be 4 seasons later at the rate its going if they did make another but still I would really enjoy seeing another season of it as for denpa it has a great charachter design but the story is a little iffy on a side note there were denpa onna references in the novel for hidan no aria
Jul 1, 2011 12:03 PM

Dec 2008
Seriously though, why do they expect higher episodes when you pay $45 for 20 minutes of a show??
Jul 1, 2011 12:08 PM

Oct 2009
Nooo ;A;
I want a 2nd season T_____________T
Jul 1, 2011 12:25 PM

Jul 2009
Saruwatari-Chan said:
Nooo ;A;
I want a 2nd season T_____________T

just masturbate to something else, there are plenty of other rie shows...
Jul 1, 2011 12:38 PM
Apr 2011
@Frediloc make that $52 dollars for a 20 minutes episode
@jmal I see about the second volume sales due this month, I know Japanese are careful with their money...
Jul 1, 2011 12:43 PM

Jul 2009
oh great,why not give every shiti anime sequel
Jul 1, 2011 12:45 PM

Apr 2010
welll duh... the show sucked... it only decent eps where the very first one...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Jul 1, 2011 12:47 PM

Aug 2008
Oh noez! We won't find out the end of the story? I wonder why sales were so poor..

Oh that's right, coz shit sux
Jul 1, 2011 12:57 PM

Sep 2010
That's fine. It doesn't need a second season anyway
Jul 1, 2011 1:22 PM

Apr 2009
I dropped it after a few minutes, but - oh well, that's how I react to every anime in which I hear Kugimiya as a tsundere loli. Quite glad to hear that sales proved to be low, it only means that JC Staff should rethink their policy of slaughtering good light novels/mangas.

Jul 1, 2011 1:26 PM

Jan 2008
Who cares. Both series were only meh :/
Jul 1, 2011 1:45 PM

Oct 2010
Well that sucks. Blame it on the economy, the crisis is still looming.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 1, 2011 1:53 PM

Nov 2006
thank god. jc staff needs to learn that putting out fucking terrible anime is not a good idea.
Jul 1, 2011 2:06 PM
Jun 2011
Cucumbers said:
Maybe JCStaff will learn a lesson from this.

I bet people were saying the same thing when they released Eiken.
Jul 1, 2011 2:12 PM

May 2009
fuckyeah.jpeg
Jul 1, 2011 2:14 PM

Jan 2011
It seems like J.C Staff has recently been producing more and more bad to mediocre (at best) anime.
I haven't seen any quality in them since the first season of Index or Shakugan no Shana.
Jul 1, 2011 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
Both shows are mediocre but i wouldn't mind another denpa onna for the characters.
Jul 1, 2011 2:30 PM
Mar 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Well that sucks. Blame it on the economy, the crisis is still looming.

No, blame JC Staff, because they suck, period.
Jul 1, 2011 2:38 PM
Jan 2011
At least we know that there is a 2nd season.
Jul 1, 2011 2:42 PM

Aug 2009
HAHAHAHA, YES. This pleases me.
Aria should never get a second season. The show was absolutely terrible.
Jul 1, 2011 2:45 PM

Nov 2008
That's a noob move.
Jul 1, 2011 3:00 PM

Oct 2010
STM said:
HAHAHAHA, YES. This pleases me.
Aria should never get a second season. The show was absolutely terrible.

Exactly, No doubt this show was a complete disappointment. I would watch Denpa Onna rather than Aria. I mean Denpa Onna was disappointing too, but Aria is just annoying as hell. I rather enjoyed the antics of Denpa Onna.
Nikoru-sanJul 1, 2011 3:09 PM

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Jul 1, 2011 3:04 PM

Jun 2011
It really is a shame J.C Staff are slipping with all these recent animes hidan no aria really is better as a light novel. Hidan no aria was simply average better maybe if you dont compare it to the novel like me

But do not forget they gave us great adaptations of To aru majutsu no index, Shana, Toradora and they fixed Hayate no gotoku after that some what iffy first season from another studio and gave us a great 2nd season.

Btw Denpa Onna was a great anime funny with great characters, art and dialogue, and a 2nd season of it will be welcomed
DragoonDeusJul 1, 2011 3:08 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 1, 2011 3:35 PM
Mar 2010
Best news I have heard all day. This anime was absolute trash and hopefully a second season never sees the light of day. Hidan no Aria was absolutely horrible to watch.
Jul 1, 2011 3:46 PM

Jun 2009
Confucius said:
Blue-Rei said:
Kuromii said:
I'd rather see more Hidan no Aria than more Denpa Onna to be honest. At least Aria is somewhat entertaining.

This !!!
seriously , denpa onna has one of the best character design but that's it !!!!!! just showing off how cute is ario or whatever !! on the other hand aria is more enjoyable & actually has a story !!!!!!!

wish for a sequel for aria :3

No, Denpa has Meme-san. Meme-san is enough reason for a second season, who cares about Erio.

Hidan no Aria does not have Meme-san, it has Riko, but she just isn't Meme-san.

don't care 'bout both of 'em !
Jul 1, 2011 3:58 PM

Nov 2007
this news pleases me aria is kinda lammeee even tho rie~chan is so cute i dont like such mainstream over used situations also the sherlock holmes,jean de arc,and so on im just not buying into it they should do SnS 3 now that will get me hard as instead of when i see aria i get soft

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Jul 1, 2011 4:02 PM
Nov 2010
Has opposed to most here that said that Hidan no Aria is garbage, i personally find it to be just average. The characters were enjoyable but the story wasn't that good.

So, do i really want a second season of it?
the answer is no, if it does it wouldn't matter that much to me.
Jul 1, 2011 4:28 PM

May 2007
jmal said:

I never got past episode one of Aria however, so I'm not overly invested in it either negatively or positively. Unfortunate for the fans of it though.

You are not really missing much though. The original novels however, are very good and that was the reason why this series was so anticipated in Japan but the anime was so badly adapted that it's no surprising that it's selling so poorly.

jmal said:
Denpa on the other and is an utterly amazing show (definitely watching the last two episodes tonight), and I will be extremely happy if it gets a second season. Shaft loves doing sequels anyway, so with better than expected sales (rankings indicated it would be more like 4-5k) it seems to have quite good chances. Certainly I'm doing my part, and already have the first BD in hand with more preordered.

Yep, Denpa is amazing. Definitively one of the best shows of the season. I really hope that it gets another season.

Mogami-kun said:
And Denpa turned out to be mediocre after a good start.

I completely and utterly disagree. But since you didn't even bother in giving reasons as to why you think that way, then I feel free to disregard your opinion, until you give a proper and logical explanation as to why you feel that way, at least.
Jul 1, 2011 6:19 PM

Jun 2009
NeoFireHawk said:
jmal said:

I never got past episode one of Aria however, so I'm not overly invested in it either negatively or positively. Unfortunate for the fans of it though.

You are not really missing much though. The original novels however, are very good and that was the reason why this series was so anticipated in Japan but the anime was so badly adapted that it's no surprising that it's selling so poorly.

I wouldn't say that. The thing that made Hidan no Aria so bad was the story. Considering what I have seen this story is impossible to take seriously. It is that insanely stupid. It broke my sense of belief and that's saying something. Hell I am willing to accept anything as long as it sounds remotely feasible. Unless the novel is a completely different story altogether this writer is terrible.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jul 1, 2011 6:35 PM
Dec 2007
AidanAK47 said:
NeoFireHawk said:
jmal said:

I wouldn't say that. The thing that made Hidan no Aria so bad was the story. Considering what I have seen this story is impossible to take seriously. It is that insanely stupid. It broke my sense of belief and that's saying something. Hell I am willing to accept anything as long as it sounds remotely feasible. Unless the novel is a completely different story altogether this writer is terrible.
Light novels have different ways of showing you the story. Stories like this ussually have detailed descriptions that help extraodinary events make more sense. The adaptation merely threw random superhuman characters at you and expected you to connect the dots.

I think JC Staff merely decided to give low priority to this franchise. They have Shana and Index/Railgun still on their rotation. That said, they merely said they expected more out of it, it's possible they can go back to it should it keep a steady amount of sales.
Leon-GunJul 1, 2011 6:38 PM

Jul 1, 2011 6:54 PM
Jul 2008
Look at me I don't like aria lolol I'm an attention whore, I have to rant about how I dislike it.

Sigh. Second season of Denpa sounds nice. Although I'd be happy with Anything made by shaft. I'm not all that sad about Aria, I'll watch it if we do get a second one, if we don't, well, I'll watch something else.
Jul 1, 2011 6:57 PM

Dec 2010
Shaft does whatever the fuck they want anyways, so it's not really up to sales.
Jul 1, 2011 7:14 PM

Jan 2011
if they come with a second season for Hidan no Aria,
Good for them. If you watch it good for you. If you don't I really don't care.

if they come with a second season for Denpa.
Good for them. If you watch it, good for you, if you don't like I said I honestly don't care.

that's all I can say xD (and I guess thats what some people want to say too..)
as for me, I might not watch Hidan no Aria second season, unless they add more Riko then Aria.. :I
as for Denpa, I WANT LESS SPARKLING!!!! //flip desk
and More Meme please~ is it too much to ask? :/
Jul 1, 2011 7:26 PM
Jun 2008
i say series need a s2 really some thing still bother like one thing still bug the whole mom in jail over 600+++ years still is why?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jul 1, 2011 8:38 PM

Dec 2010
And if anyone is looking for their Denpa fix while they hope for a second season, just look into Boku wa Tomodachi. It's got Buriki art, but we'll see whether they transfer the art to anime well.
Jul 2, 2011 12:43 AM
Apr 2011
dtshyk said:
Novel author Akamatsu Chugaku posted in his twitter that the realization of the second season of Hidan no Aria depended on the Blu-ray and DVD sales. He said the producers have been checking the sales closely but the current sales were far below the required amount.

Director Miyamoto Yukihiro posted in his twitter that they have reached close to the second season of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko.

ref. the Blu-ray + DVD sales of the first volume
Hidan no Aria: 6,356 copies (one episode, 4,200 yen)
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko: 6,628 copies (two episodes, 7,350 yen)

Sources: Akamatsu's twitter, Miyamoto's twitter

I enjoyed both series. IMO the minor differences between Aria's anime and novels were so slight that they won't cause any real adaptation clashing. But as far as the video sales go, I truly believe that by trying to sell a single episode for a full price DVD or Blu-Ray is just asking for failure. If they're just trying to boost financial gain then they're going about it the wrong way. They should stick with Limited Editions and stuff like that with 3 episode volumes to start and the usual complete season pack at the end. It's a tried and true effort which has always worked.
Jul 2, 2011 1:04 AM

Nov 2007
Rubbish shows shouldn't sell BDs and DVDs. Serves them right.

Great to know Denpa Onna might be getting an S2. The humor is sublime. And all the references of some of my favourite anime movies made me love the show even more!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 2, 2011 1:07 AM

Dec 2009
I would like to see another HnA season since I'm probably one of the few who enjoyed it. But I'll like another Denpa Onna season as well.
Jul 2, 2011 1:31 AM
Mar 2011
sorry but in all honesty, domestic sales are what dictates which animes are made and whats popular. That means now matter how much the elitist foreign audience demands it (ask any white guy which anime is their top 3 and theyll say evangelion, ghost in the shell, and cowboy bebop), its not going to matter. The ONLY foreign demographic right now that makes money is shonen (young males age 10-17). In all honesty, its a business and the only people willing to spend money are the otaku. And otakus like tsundere and big eyed girls with blue hair.

btw, JC staff is one of those studios who will do just enough to not go bankrupt, although this recent run of theirs might put them in a bind. They never made anything spectacular before, and they probably never will.
taj69Jul 2, 2011 1:36 AM
Jul 2, 2011 2:57 AM

May 2011
Well, I rly think Hidan no Aria should have a season 2, the Light Novels have still got so much to give.

For example, we haven't seen Sherlock in the anime; we havent seen any other E.U. conflict, we haven´t seen Kana...

Could go on and on, this show still has a lot to give!

I don't understand what's this hatred all about! Hidan no Aria is probably the second best anime in this season, only beaten by Gosick IMO.

(im not saying Denpa Onno was bad, since many consider it the best)

Now the big problem around here is this one. HnA is targeted to the Shonnen audience, Denpa Onno and Gosick may also be so, but they seem a bit more mature. So HnA audience tends to be more composed by teenagers than the other two. The problem? Most teenagers don't buy anime! Almost all the buyers are collectors and people over than 16 y/o not to mention the collectors are many of them over than 16 y/o. So, while Denpa Onno has an unique art on it and Gosick is more mature, HnA is just a good Shonnen anime (just, hum? i rly said that?). So HnA might even be better but most collectors just think that the "best shonnen of the season" is a common pick and end up skiping it.

Thats a teory, btw, I didnt mention Ao no Exorcist since I havent watched it, but I think that, from what I've heard, watching it will scramble my ratings for this season a bit.

Conclusion: If u want a second season of HnA like me, buy the damn DVD! (it actually rimmed in my head XD)
Jul 2, 2011 3:32 AM

Nov 2009
Havent watched HnA so i cant comment on that but Denpa Onna was kinda interesting with the first couple of episodes but turned into one big pile of well animated trash.

In the end both shows are terrible if ppl think that Denpa Onna was good and HnA sucked lol.
Jul 2, 2011 3:37 AM

Jul 2010
I've seen both series and they're okay. Even if one of them gets a second season, I don't mind watching it.
Jul 2, 2011 3:37 AM

Nov 2007
JC Staff should go back to stuff like Nodame or H&C. Easily their best shows. Next season's Kami-sama no Memo-chou also looks interesting, but I'm wary about it just because it's JC Staff.

HnA didn't sell too badly though. These days 6,000 is quite a lot. Not to mention, 13 one-episode Blu-Rays at 4,200 yen is ridiculous even for Japan.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 2, 2011 3:48 AM

Nov 2009
WHY GOD????????? D:
Hidan no Aria is so cool! >w<
I'm sad. >:

And... I don't like Denpa Onna at all....
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
Yesterday, 3:43 PM

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

16 by jorel262 »»
Yesterday, 2:12 PM

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 9:12 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

6 by deg »»
Yesterday, 4:45 AM

» 'Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 1

0 by DatRandomDude »»
May 1, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.