Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2011 2:04 PM

Dec 2010
Damn Moeka so sexy like that, she's so pro. Yeah...Poor Mayuri, I think she must have died lots of time. Lucky Suzuha knew something is gonna happen. I think she'll rescue them next episode. Boasting as a soldier, time to show her skills. Show be a good fight.
Jun 21, 2011 2:04 PM

Jun 2011
Damn that b*tch Moeka >.>, hate her for doing that,
Although I think she must have a reason for this,and has some sh!t going on in her mind. <_>
Jun 21, 2011 2:05 PM

Jun 2010
...show keeps getting better and better.

Mayushii!
Jun 21, 2011 2:09 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That's one hell of a cliffhanger.

Now he needs to save 2 people.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 21, 2011 2:12 PM
Nov 2010
Its funny i actually wasn't that suprised that Moeka would betray them, from the first moment she appear i suspected that she would do that.

Moeka killed Mayuri
Now she must pay the price

This show is easily going to get a 10 out of me if it continues being this good
Jun 21, 2011 2:13 PM
Nov 2009
... No...

That... that cannot be so...
Jun 21, 2011 2:18 PM

Sep 2009
Oosran said:
>Kurisu in the kitchen
>Suzuha enters
>complete silence and hostile stares
>I burst out laughing
I did the exact same thing.

Now see, this is how it's supposed to be done. Good characters get rid of bad characters.
And yeah, I just can't get enough of Mayushii dying.
Wat. Is something wrong with me?

YES
-------

Anyho, I thought SERN placed a bomb in their apartment because Okarin was staring at the hourglass but nope. Thought the weirdly masked Moeka followers where random cosplayers sent by Feyris but nope. So Mayuri dies? That's just wrong. How can they just kill off one of my favorite character from the show and that too, a shot on the head?? -too cruel, that Facebook crazy bitch!-
She stayed beside Okarin so that he does not feel lonely and wanted to quiet the lab...It felt sad to hear such a thing from her.

Edit: ya, Moeka was suspicious from the very beginning.
Jun 21, 2011 2:27 PM
Dec 2007
I knew it already but that was some seriously fantastic episode. Let's start the real plot now.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 21, 2011 2:35 PM

May 2011
Oh my God this episode made me rage so hard at the end. I liked how it started getting more serious but I never expected something like that to happen. It was so sudden! 2 minutes ago all was fine then MAYURI IS DEAD? I don't care if it's an interesting plot twist WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN? Mayuri of ALL PEOPLE is the nicest! She never hurt anyone, all she did was be friendly and make everyone happy. I'm sure the other members will do something like go back in time and save her, yea, BUT THIS IS STILL NOT COOL. I knew Moeka was trouble from the start. Every time they told her more info or when they let her become a lab member I was thinking, "NO GUYS, THIS BITCH IS JUST TROUBLE WAITING TO HAPPEN!" She was just too suspicious to trust... but still of all the terrible things I expected from her WHY THIS? Man, waiting a whole week for the next episode is gonna kill me. OTL
Jun 21, 2011 2:40 PM

Dec 2009
Fuck. Mayuri, pls come back soon :(

This episode raped my mind

5/5
yuno6.jpg
Jun 21, 2011 2:40 PM
Dec 2010
Wow that is a sad ending for this episode but holy shit this picture was funny-
sakaJun 21, 2011 7:46 PM
blaze it
Jun 21, 2011 2:50 PM

Jul 2009
This series really is something special. It makes me wonder what that 10 really means? So many little details that I very carefully took notice of... Yet it is still so unpredictable.

Also, please if you have gone through the VN, just shut up and quit with the spoilers? It's really going to ruin it for a lot of people...

But yes, this really was a thrilling episode and it brings out the Chaos; Head. Perhaps with a ton more structure! This is really good stuff right here..
Jun 21, 2011 2:52 PM

May 2009
What a great episode. Steins;Gate is really good at having awesome cliffhangers. Shit just got very real.
sakaJun 21, 2011 7:46 PM
Jun 21, 2011 2:53 PM

Apr 2010
Moeka... WHY?!?!

Mayuri never did anything to anybody TT.TT

I need the next episode like now.

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Jun 21, 2011 2:54 PM

Sep 2008
Why does Moeka look hotter without glasses?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2011 2:55 PM

Mar 2011
I was just mentally raped... And i loved it.
This series getting better with every further episode.
I'm afraid, eventually my mind will blow and i'll start to look like Okarin in the first part of that episode.
Like zombie.

Jun 21, 2011 2:55 PM

Oct 2010
OK I got cooled down a little but not really.
I concocted a rather interesting theory in regards to why Okabe and Mayuri may be special.

This could be a little out of this world but it may be possible. We still do not currently all the possibilities surrounding black holes and the human soul. We only know of certain things. I did not quite get the scene of 70 000 000 years and the earth's looks but I did pay some attention to that hour glass. Considering that as soon as it started cracking the world that was presented also started to crack. Thus Mayuri was shown crumbling while at first she was shown as a shadow. Now all that was sort of a like a vision for Okabe since he was kind of day dreaming while being a little strange. Of course it could all be a foreshadow to Mayuri's death as it happens after the hour glass breaks. Now Mayuri did say they were traveling around and Mayuri tried to find Okabe through the time lines and that the real you can really be another you in a different time line but you are the original. By original I am sure it may mean the soul. So comes my formulation based on the following,

Combining from the Ergosphere theorem part: Since the Ergosphere is outside the event horizon, it is still possible for objects to escape from the gravitational pull of the black hole. An object can gain energy by entering the black hole’s rotation and then escaping from it, thus taking some of the black hole's energy with it. This process of removing energy from a rotating black hole was proposed by the mathematician Roger Penrose in 1969, and is called the Penrose process.

Along with Heidegger's notion of temporal being as being the human body. I assume that Mayuri is in fact a soul that dragged Okabe into the Ergosphere while both were souls for no living body may ever survive due to its matter in a black hole. I also suspect due to this that Okabe and Mayuri have both black hole particles etched within their souls. Since they escaped most likely the Ergosphere and made it into earth as it was starting or more likely have existed since the beginning of earth as eternal souls but got separated and have only of all things found themselves 70 000 000 years in the future after countless Time Line travels. This would also explain why Okabe's DNA is resistant to all this time travel and Mayuri should be able to have that same advantage. Not only that but I highly suspect Mayuri went through a lot of shit so she isolated her true strength with cosplay/anime. Strangely enough I also do that with anime. This in turn may result should it be true in to Mayuri x Okabe producing super elite time traveling agents that could rival SERN's forces and at the time I am not surprised that SERN wants Okabe for genetic research.

Seriously FUCK YOU MOEKA! That's all.
Yumekichi11Jun 21, 2011 3:01 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 21, 2011 2:58 PM
Jun 2010
oh boy, this anime just gained 1 extra point. Fucking epic.

Oct 2010
koolvid said:
BS! There is a way to save her in the VN therefore it can be adapted into the anime. You are so wrong about that. In fact if they want it can be a all happy end where all are saved at the expense of Okabe. In fact there are many routes from the VN and I have every hopes Mayuri/Makise ones may come true but of course I would love more than anything Mayuri one.

Jun 2010
Finally the story has reached the most interesting part... Am I the only one who still likes Moeka?
Jun 21, 2011 2:59 PM

Oct 2009
If Mayuri is revived in this series... I'll probably be more happier than this horrific ending to Mayuri's fate.

EDIT: However, it really depends on how the plot ends. If she isn't revived, it'll probably be fine enough. Let's see how Okarin will end up next season.
sakaJun 21, 2011 7:50 PM

Jun 21, 2011 3:00 PM

Mar 2011
Dareus said:
oh boy, this anime just gained 1 extra point. Fucking epic.

I'm starting to regret that it's only 10 is maximum in MAL.

Jun 21, 2011 3:12 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Ah, so many attention whores in this topic. Having a good time watching you wait for angry replies to your tough posts. Woohoo.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 21, 2011 3:12 PM

Mar 2011
Sartaj said:
Finally the WORST character got killed off. I've been waiting since episode one for Moeka to just put a bullet in Mayuri, and right between the eyes couldn't have been a better place. Here's a cup for your tears, Okabe. You look like you need it.

Moeka's my hero. I'm going to erect a monument in her honour.

I loved Mayushi. Mayushi was awesome.
She maybe was strange, behaved like she is stupid, but as for me i didn't want to hit her face with chair.
It's often happens with such characters. But not with Mayushi.

Jun 21, 2011 3:15 PM

Mar 2008
Get used to this is my only advice to all you ragers LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2011 3:16 PM
Jun 2011

nice research and nice theory, but you say that mayuri should also be able to travel worldlines and remember it.
but that wasn't the case: remember the "metal upa" ^^

That aside, there are some other things you guys did not mention yet. What is suzuha starring at? And why the FUCK stands the time (at least the clocks: sand + normal) still?
Did suzuha do that to escape?

I think suzuha IS from the future (there are enough hints till now) - in the first episode you can see her on the roof with the time machine which crashed later (in another worldline) in the building. So if suzuha is from the future stopping time may be possible...

I am going to watch this episode again..now xD

anyways soooo epic anime :)
xxchampxxJun 21, 2011 3:22 PM
Jun 21, 2011 3:21 PM

Mar 2011
xxchampxx said:

nice research and nice theory, but you say that mayuri should also be able to travel worldlines and remember it.

She could predend. I thought about that too. That Mayushi can travel through the world lines. The conversation between Okarin and Mayushi in 10th episode looks strange, it might be a clue. :3

Actually, i think that Mayushi knows much more than everyone else. :3

xxchampxx said:

That aside, there are some other things you guys did not mention yet. What is suzuha starring at? And why the FUCK stands the time (at least the clocks: sand + normal) still?

I think suzuha IS from the future (there are enough hints till now)

I think it's obvious that Suzuha from the future as it's obvious that Suzuha is John Titor.
I Think that time was stopped by SERN troopers. Suzuha could feel it or something.
FinjasJun 21, 2011 3:28 PM

Jun 21, 2011 3:25 PM
Dec 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
koolvid said:
BS! There is a way to save her in the VN therefore it can be adapted into the anime. You are so wrong about that. In fact if they want it can be a all happy end where all are saved at the expense of Okabe. In fact there are many routes from the VN and I have every hopes Mayuri/Makise ones may come true but of course I would love more than anything Mayuri one.

your in for one hell of a suprise then but I will be nice and lend you my shoulder when this series is over :)
blaze it
Jun 21, 2011 3:26 PM

Jan 2011
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO //flails
Mayushii-tan!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO //flails more
//in her box in a corner

dang Moeka, why shoot Mayushii, and not, leave her unconscience, and make fake memories in her head of what happened, instead of shooting her :c ...*snif*
even though, I don't think everyone needs to hate Moeka, she kept saying "its for FB its for FB its for FB.." and shaking when she was about to shoot Mayushii

maybe she never wanted to, but had to or else something bad would happen.. e3e or so.. thats what I want to think xD oh well, looks like things got better now :I
Jun 21, 2011 3:28 PM

Nov 2009
Excellent episode. A bit drama is especially what this anime needs.

Mar 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
koolvid said:

I didn't play VN but I think that they make something like in code geass:

But I hope I'm wrong.
Nov 2009
shit got real
Jun 21, 2011 3:30 PM

Jan 2009
Awww...My OTP has hatched. So cute with both of them blushing, and then Okarin using it as an excuse to get all up in Christina's face *teeheh*

I'm kinda sad at all the Moeka hate. She didn't want to do it! Girl is obviously damaged goods...she was repeating "It's for FB...FB...FB..FB.." I can't wait for you all to eat your words later.
LadyOrihimeJun 21, 2011 8:13 PM
Jun 21, 2011 3:33 PM

Aug 2010
I expected something like this would happen eventually, but.... OH GOD I NEVER SAW THIS COMING!! This series is a MINDF*CKER!
Jun 21, 2011 3:39 PM
Jun 2011
Finjas said:

I think it's obvious that Suzuha from the future as it's obvious that Suzuha is John Titor.
I Think that time was stopped by SERN troopers. Suzuha could feel it or something.

lol never thought about the titor thing, but now that you mention it .. xD
and that time-stop may be as well from the SERN (why is it written with 'S'? it should be CERN)
BUT if the can stop the time - why not travel through time? ^^
Jun 21, 2011 3:39 PM

Mar 2011
SagaraYuzuru said:
I expected something like this would happen eventually, but.... OH GOD I NEVER SAW THIS COMING!! This series is a MINDF*CKER!

Yeah. It's just the way to rape somebody's mind to show nothing happens for 10 episodes and then start epic thriller.

xxchampxx said:
Finjas said:

lol never thought about the titor thing, but now that you mention it .. xD
and that time-stop may be as well from the SERN (why is it written with 'S'? it should be CERN)

CERN is in real world, in Steins;Gate universe it's SERN. Like IBN = IBM. :3

xxchampxx said:

Who knows. :3
FinjasJun 21, 2011 3:42 PM

Jun 21, 2011 3:50 PM

Mar 2008
SagaraYuzuru said:

This is not mindfuk...no where near...
Know the exponential curve? This is just at the bottom in terms of mindfuk, but it'll build up :)
Jun 21, 2011 3:58 PM

Aug 2010
No...NOOOO!!! Dammit Shining Finger...WHY!??
Live Mayuri!! T_T
I got teary.....
Nice episode.
Jun 21, 2011 4:00 PM

Jul 2007
The reactions to this episode are as amusing as people's reactions to game of thrones last two episodes were.

As for episode: 9000/5
Jun 21, 2011 4:01 PM

Mar 2011
Hmmm ok here's my theory of what will happen in the future eps. But maybe this is a common theory. I'm just too slow to realize this xD

I hope I'm wrong though.
Jun 21, 2011 4:06 PM

Feb 2010
Holy shit almost 5 full pages already.

Amazing episode, god tier show. I smell a possible 10/10.
Jun 21, 2011 4:10 PM

Nov 2010
Best episode by far.
Jun 21, 2011 4:16 PM
Nov 2010
The lab members should probably been more cautious/suspicious with shinning finger due to her selfish/odd behaviour and the lack of participation with the group, but nope yet they welcomed her in.
it was somewhat predictable she would betray them, not a real shocker on my part.
But damn poor mayuri.

still i love this show so far, this episode still gets 5/5.
Jun 21, 2011 4:16 PM

Mar 2008
Yumekichi...did you by chance got those pic from the troll site, Sankaku Complex?
Jun 21, 2011 4:20 PM

Mar 2011
I LOVE YOU MOEKA YOU IN YOUR LEATHER SUIT <3333
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2011 4:21 PM

Mar 2011
I think that the Series will end with Okarin's time travel to the very beginig. He will prevent the time machine (Denwa-Renji) creation and save the world.
Happy end. Everebody's happy.

Jun 21, 2011 4:25 PM

Oct 2010
xxchampxx said:

I did mention she might be keeping her powers in check by isolating them completely elsewhere in her mind or DNA. Who knows but she is being quite reserved with her powers should she have them.
xxchampxx said:
What is suzuha starring at? And why the FUCK stands the time (at least the clocks: sand + normal) still?
That is interesting to notice but the hour glass was stopped I think more of what was inside of it.....a spy microphone.
xxchampxx said:
I think suzuha IS from the future (there are enough hints till now) - in the first episode you can see her on the roof with the time machine which crashed later (in another world line) in the building. So if suzuha is from the future stopping time may be possible...
It may be possible and I can't wait to find out if that is true.
Finjas said:
xxchampxx said:

She could pretend. I thought about that too. That Mayushi can travel through the world lines.
That is correct she could be trolling out a lot while she knows all herself.
Finjas said:
The conversation between Okarin and Mayushi in 10th episode looks strange, it might be a clue. :3
Yes, the whole star staring could refer to Mayushii being in space and the Universe. It does go back to the Ergosphere concept.
Finjas said:
Actually, i think that Mayushi knows much more than everyone else. :3
Indeed, same here. She hides too much.
xxchampxx said:

I think suzuha IS from the future (there are enough hints till now)
Finjas said:
That could be too but if SERN has time stop then it could be big trouble!
Sartaj said:
If I never hear tuuturuu~ again, I'll make a shrine of the creator.
That's sad friend, *Yumekichi11 is sad a lot* tuuturuu was amazing and funny.

[mod edit: spoiler discussion removed]
sakaJun 21, 2011 7:58 PM

Jun 21, 2011 4:36 PM

Jun 2011
Oh my gosh. This episode was the very definition of intense.
I refuse to think that Mayuri is dead. D:
Jun 21, 2011 4:38 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Fai said:
The reactions to this episode are as amusing as people's reactions to game of thrones last two episodes were.

Wait until a Storm of Swords get adapted. I wonder how people will react to the famed Red Wedding.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 21, 2011 4:46 PM

May 2010
Totally suspected "Shiningfinger" to be a "traitor". So many warnings to Okarin & even a picture of it & he never dropped it completely...

T_T ....Tuturuuuu~!

I find it epic every time Suzu & Kurisu have a stare down. I always wait for Suzu to say something negative about/to Kurisu, lol.
RealScreamerJun 21, 2011 5:00 PM
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1828 by Ronin_4011 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Today, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.