Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jun 21, 2011 7:54 PM

Jul 2009
Gah, ending next week >_<
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 21, 2011 8:14 PM

Apr 2009
Grr.. how are they going to end this in one more ep.. 11 is a stupid number.. why not 13? :/.. i swear if they ruin the ending.....
Jun 21, 2011 10:04 PM

Jun 2009
Now that Menma's spirit has been purified by the fireworks, she is finally free to murder all of her 'friends' in the final episode for unfairly tying her to this realm of flesh. Go, Menma! EXACT YOUR REVENGE!!!
Jun 21, 2011 10:43 PM

Jan 2011
Spookt said:
Now that Menma's spirit has been purified by the fireworks, she is finally free to murder all of her 'friends' in the final episode for unfairly tying her to this realm of flesh. Go, Menma! EXACT YOUR REVENGE!!!

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 21, 2011 10:57 PM

Apr 2010
I just can't see how everything is going to be smoothly resolved in one episode. Come on, A1 Pictures, prove me wrong!
Jun 22, 2011 4:21 AM

Nov 2009
I cant beleive i almost missed this series for some crappy reason. Just finished 10 episodes in one sitting and god is it wrong for a male to cry couple of times while watching this ?
Jun 22, 2011 6:03 AM

May 2011
hottbill said:
Spookt said:

LOL, though i doubt that would happen.

However, I had a similar thought that they would have a meeting at the secret base to discuss the situation and begin to drink the coffee only to find it was poisoned by Menma and they all die. I get this thought because at the end of the ED, Menma looks on sheepishly at the five cups that represent the five remaining members of SPB. she could get the poison from the Honma house so the police would blame her mom who held a grudge.
Jun 22, 2011 11:06 AM

Dec 2009
peix said:
I just can't see how everything is going to be smoothly resolved in one episode. Come on, A1 Pictures, prove me wrong!

Actually, there is not so much that really needs to be resolved.
We need to know what is this 'only one thing' that Jinta's mama told to Menma, which is probably the reason for everything, why Menma called the meeting, and why she hasn't found her peace yet because somehow she made a promise she could not keep (most likely something like help little Jinta to grow up and become a real man). Then we need to learn what Menma wanted to ask to the group while Jintan was not there.
Then Jinta has to accept to let Menma go, this will fulfil his mama's wish and probably free Menma in an emotional climax.

That's pretty much everything that really needs to be explain, all the other interrogations we may have are optional. I would like to see a flashback about 'that day' but I am not even sure it will happen (then I would be disappointed because I still do not understand why all of them feel so guilty, if there is not an important event we don't know regarding Menma's death).

And there is something I expect since ep. 3, will these 2 pictures connect at last ?
Jun 22, 2011 12:40 PM

Apr 2009
It's kind of frustrating how selfish Jin-tan is acting :/ He wants to keep Menma trapped on earth as a ghost just because he doesn't want to let her go. I understand that he loves her, but it's kind of frustrating that he's trying to stop her from going to heaven :(

I can't wait until the next episode. I knew that they were gonna wait til the very end to reveal Menma's wish. :)
Jun 22, 2011 1:59 PM

Jun 2010
The music playing at the end really set the mood. But she uhhhh yeah. Wonder what'll happen next...
Jun 22, 2011 3:32 PM

Aug 2009
During the first episode, I told myself the whole time that her wish was going to be "OH I WISH THAT EVERYONE COULD BE FRIENDS FOREVER AND KEEP HAVING FUN TIMES LIKE WE DID WHEN WE WERE KIDS!" Then the fireworks, and I thought I was wrong.

But now that it's not the fireworks, I'm really hoping, and I mean REALLY HOPING, that that isn't her wish. Because if that really is her wish, then this whole series has been ruined for me.

hottbill said:
Spookt said:

Come on, now. This isn't Gainax.

Jun 22, 2011 10:23 PM

Jan 2011
I honestly thought she would manifest physically and it would be a Clannad happy ending. But, now I'm hoping for the School Days ending.

SCHOOL DAYS, SCHOOL DAYS!

I can't believe it will all be over tomorrow :[
Jun 23, 2011 5:37 AM

Oct 2010
hottbill said:
I can't believe it will all be over tomorrow :[

This.
Sigh.

Marathoned the last 10 episodes just now before the final one airs (in less than 4 hours), so looking forward to seeing how everything is resolved :D
Jun 23, 2011 8:35 AM

Jun 2008
we have several options:

1.Menma decides to live as a ghost and later suffers the consequences and becomes a poltergeist

2. Menma was actually in comma in another country, then she wakes up. Clannad influences

3. Menma disappears and reincarnates when Jintan is a 30 year old guy.Clamp Style 1

4. Menma becomes an angel and protects everyone. [Clamp style 2.

Cant wait for the last ep! XD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 23, 2011 8:36 AM
Oct 2010
I'm saying you that her wish is something about Jinta's mom and those rotten flowers on the first episode. x_x
Jun 23, 2011 8:54 AM

Jan 2010
It might be the flowers. I mean, it's in the name of the series.
Jun 27, 2011 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
Awwww.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 30, 2011 1:25 AM

Mar 2010
I want to say that was kind of predictable, but I still didn't see it coming at all! -.- I was getting ready to cry an infinite river of tears, but they stopped me dead in my tracks so many different times! Ah! Anyway, I can't wait to see how this all turns out! Looking forward to the next!
Jul 20, 2011 10:28 PM

Dec 2009
I couldn't even breath during this episode - it impacted me that much.
Well, you know what I mean. I was in complete shock, okay?

Anyways, I'm really sad that the series is now done next episode. *has tissues on the desk*

Let's do this!
Aug 1, 2011 5:59 PM
Feb 2011
I don't think I'm emotionally prepared to watch the final episode tonight. Why is that ED so saddening? :(
Anyhow, this episode was great once again. Well, maybe it wasn't, but that must mean I'd actually be too much of a fanboy not to notice what's wrong with it, and frankly, I don't care. The ending will decide whether I'll give it a 9 or a 10. Yeah, just like that. Bam!
Aug 4, 2011 6:27 AM

Apr 2009
Powerful episode. I am left speechless. Now with only the final episode left to watch, a beautiful ending is the only thing missing for this show to get a 10 from me. It has been a wonderful ride, I have high hopes the ending will not disappoint me.
Aug 22, 2011 1:02 AM

Jan 2011
Ahh, that was really sad. Even from the part where they were just carrying the firework, it was like a funeral march.
As always, today is the most enjoyable day.
Aug 23, 2011 12:31 AM

Jun 2011
zenron said:
Ahh, that was really sad. Even from the part where they were just carrying the firework, it was like a funeral march.

yeah, this entire series has been so sad. gah if i had to have waited an entire week for the next episode i swear i would have died! i wanna see what all happens with menma and jintan's mom? also what was up with that moth/butterfly dying?

one last episode so i can go cry myself to sleep and get up nice and early for school tomorrow. ;P
Aug 25, 2011 6:49 AM

Feb 2010
I'll cry like a little girl next episode! :-(
Sep 14, 2011 9:05 PM

Jun 2009
This series has went by to fast. It's amazing how well characterized these characters are in just 10 episodes so far. Awesome.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 17, 2011 1:42 PM

Sep 2008
Ok episode. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will all end.
Sep 27, 2011 7:41 AM
Sep 2011
i didnt read all 14 pages of posts, but did any1 else notice that her hand was already partially trasnparent at the beginning of this episode when she was praying to jintans mother? and then nearing the end, on the morning of the fireworks when she woke up, her hand was also transparent.

any1 care to explain? or provide a theory to satisfy my curiosity ;P
Oct 31, 2011 5:49 PM

Aug 2009
The whole thing was predictable but it was still nice to watch it.

Jinta is annoying. He's being selfish now.

Want this all wrapped up now *groan*
Nov 6, 2011 12:18 AM

Aug 2009
yukiatsu made my day
Nov 19, 2011 3:57 PM

Jul 2011
1 more episode, lets see if it can surprise me / make me cry.....
Nov 19, 2011 9:28 PM

Jul 2010
I knew it. I felt that the situation was wrong for Menma to disappear. I was crying though xD.

Everyone's feelings were completely revealed :)

Such a beautiful episode.
I love Jin-tan more than anything.

5/5
Dec 2, 2011 4:12 PM

Aug 2011
i kinda had a feeling that it was going to work though i wanted it too i wonder what her wish is? it has to be something to do with jinta's mom. really sad with the whole relationship thing all this unrequited is sad :(

next is the last episode hopefully a happy ending :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2011 8:09 AM

Nov 2008
Very touching episode. Now for the last one..
Dec 17, 2011 10:02 AM

Dec 2007
It's always bittersweet to see something end. Jinta understands this, but is still living in the past. Not as much as yatsuhashi though because rubbing his face against a wig is just creepy.
Dec 28, 2011 4:53 AM

Dec 2010
It's like the whole thing can't get sadder. I guess she can't pass out until all of her friends are ready to let her go. I'm sure it's because of Jintan she's still here. But just one episode to finish everything... For a story drawing me this much in itself... I really get the feeling, that it will end within blink of an eye... just like what happens in our real lives...
Feb 12, 2012 3:04 AM

Sep 2008
Qashqai said:
So, as far as I understand Japanese (not much), Menma's wish was something about Jintan, huh (since she called the gang to do something for Jintan)? And it must've been a request from Jintan's mom. Can't wait to see what it actually was.

It does really seem like Menma's wish is related to something Jintan's mother may have said! I didn't think she'd leave after the fireworks - somehow, that would've been too simple... and left too many loose ends. (Even though creating the fireworks was anything but simple for the gang.)

Have to say, Menma's brother is a great character. Well, hard to say maybe because we haven't seen much of him, but he gives off good vibes.
Mar 18, 2012 2:37 PM
Mar 2010
WHY DO I KEEP CRYING?!

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
May 2, 2012 8:28 PM

Feb 2012
THIS ANIME........THIS ANIME...........made me CRY a little.
May 18, 2012 9:02 AM

Jul 2011
Tsurumi... you made me tear. T^T
You are definitely my favorite character.

I knew she wouldn't pass on because of the firework because there's so much leading up to another thing.

Last episode will probably be sad...
Jun 21, 2012 1:41 AM

Sep 2011
As expected, it wasn't her wish. I have to admit that the firework scene moved me, no crying though :/
Jul 11, 2012 10:24 AM

Apr 2011
I've cried so many times because of this anime.. Well, now there's the last episode..
Jul 16, 2012 7:53 AM

Aug 2010
I really feel sad for everyone..

I guess Menma didnt leave because of her attachment to Jintan and also vice versa. If not, why would she appear in front of him in the first place?
Jul 24, 2012 6:34 AM

May 2012
Was sad but actually happy she didn't disappeared! I do wonder what the last episode will show us!
Aug 16, 2012 12:00 AM

Apr 2009
DAMNIT MENMA. Why are you still there D:
Sep 8, 2012 7:19 AM

Jul 2012
Emotions sure welled up when the firework was lit up...
Oct 4, 2012 2:56 AM

Apr 2010
I wonder what is Menma's wish.
Oct 10, 2012 7:54 AM

Sep 2010
This is getting extremely frustrating. I just wish Menma has vanished already.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Oct 18, 2012 10:58 PM

Feb 2012
Well, this already made me cry.

<3 this show.
Jan 4, 2013 8:41 PM

Jul 2009
such a sad episode :(

Jintan invited Menma's parents!

Menma's mother doesn't even know how tall Menma's brother is?

of course Menma's brother is suffering, it's not just you mother.

the party was pretty much only Poppo and Menma XD

wow they re-enacted the scene from where they were little!

Jintan finally admits he does like Menma.

Naruko crying makes my heart weep T____T

and wow Tsurumi does like Matsuyuki huh?

even she has to accept that Matsuyuki will forever love Menma, just like Naruko has to accept it :(

you can still go out with me Naruko!!!!

we get to see Menma and Yadomi's mother having a conversation :D

love Tsurumi's new look :D

ahaha she basically lied it's because of her new outlook in life XD

Menma's brother came and and her mother and father stayed in the car.

Poppo is definitely the one that can talk through all of this ^^

Jintan badly wants to stop this, but Matsuyki won't let him :P

for once i respect you Matsuyuki :P

when the rocket launched, my hair strands stand up :O

such an emotional scene.

so the rocket wasn't her wish, it's probably the reunion of everyone and not hold any grudge at each other.

last episode :(

still wished this was a 20+ episode series!

why does awesome anime like this only lasts a few episodes?!?!

Eden of the East, Canaan, Darker Than Black Ryusei no Gemini all needed more episodes to be honest.

last episode, her wish will be revealed and hopefully im right T___T
Jan 20, 2013 9:56 AM

Jun 2012
yeeees! she stills here! just 1 more episode D:
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

218 by Grimenio »»
May 4, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

389 by Grimenio »»
Apr 30, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

319 by Grimenio »»
Apr 28, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.