Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 15, 2011 7:11 AM
Jun 2011
I really like how this anime is coming along. Hints
It make you wonder who is more suspicious. But it cannot be proven until there is more data.
Jun 15, 2011 7:34 AM

Feb 2009
DesolateOne said:
belatkuro said:

The TV is also connected to the D-mail experiment? How so? I don't get it.

Well, they did say it was the lifter. It's an important component that makes the phone microwave function. Pretty much like an on and off switch. They should have explained it this episode, but I'll give it another episode before I briefly explain exactly how it works.
I get that it's like a switch since the shaking from upstairs was disappearing when Okarin turns it off. But I'm asking is how can that TV from down in the shop affect their microwave up there. Does that TV emit or do something to their microwave? I guess I'll give it the next episode then if they'll explain it.

DesolateOne said:
belatkuro said:

"All your base are belong to us?" Another translation please.

If you're asking whether the subbers mistranslated - no, they did not. It is an old meme that cam from a game called Zero Wing. It was poorly translated from Japanese, hence the broken english.
I'm quite familiar with the term/meme used in the subs. What I'm asking again is if that meme was the exact translation of what Okarin and Christina said. Because last time the translation for Makise's remark was "Yo dawg, I heard <blah blah blah>" and I didn't think it was an accurate translation then.
Jun 15, 2011 7:44 AM

Jun 2011
One little complaint to this episode. The shower scene is nothing compared to the original. Maybe they dun want the cast go all sexied up? I was expecting the full glory of Mayushi n Christiiiiina... meh...

Here's the original one

I must admit that the anime adaptation does generate sum yuri field tho...
Jun 15, 2011 7:52 AM

Jun 2009
^ Dat CG. Kurisu.<3

This episode confued me so much, just when i thought i fugured out quite a bit of evertyhing. щ(゚Д゚щ)
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 15, 2011 8:20 AM

Feb 2009
Dat CG. Saved xD
Though you should put an NSFW tag on that.
Jun 15, 2011 8:48 AM

Oct 2010
Kansokusha said:
One little complaint to this episode. The shower scene is nothing compared to the original. Maybe they dun want the cast go all sexied up? I was expecting the full glory of Mayushi n Christiiiiina... meh...

Here's the original one
I must admit that the anime adaptation does generate sum yuri field tho...
Well at least you see the front of Makise much better. Anymore of that?
belatkuro said:
Dat CG. Saved xD
Yeah I saved it too.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 15, 2011 8:56 AM

Jun 2009
h8sunshyne said:
I didn't understand though: when Okabe told Christina (lol) to start the experiment, a screwdriver fell on the TV remote and switched it off...so how does that make it the 'lifter'?

In the last episode, they wondered how can Phone Microwave work without a lifter. Now they discovered that old TV was the lifter all that time...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Jun 15, 2011 10:38 AM

Mar 2010
belatkuro said:

DesolateOne said:
belatkuro said:

"All your base are belong to us?" Another translation please.

If you're asking whether the subbers mistranslated - no, they did not. It is an old meme that cam from a game called Zero Wing. It was poorly translated from Japanese, hence the broken english.
I'm quite familiar with the term/meme used in the subs. What I'm asking again is if that meme was the exact translation of what Okarin and Christina said. Because last time the translation for Makise's remark was "Yo dawg, I heard <blah blah blah>" and I didn't think it was an accurate translation then.

Almost no english-sub viewer knows about the "Nurupo (NullPointException)" meme in 2ch (If you're familiar with 2ch slangs (like WKTK, aka wakuteka, in this episode) & memes, you probably know more than enough Japanese to watch the show without the subtitle...), so I suppose the subber decided to put the "All your base are belong to us" meme, which had become pretty popular among English-speaking internet users.

Don't ask me why people are doing this stuff in 2ch. -_-;;

Jun 15, 2011 11:29 AM

Jul 2010
So the next step is sending people's memories through time? I wonder if they're going to succeed with this. Hopefully they can fix her relationship with her dad too.

Damn, those thread mails are getting more and more serious. A severed child's head, wtf? Creepy shit. O_O

Jun 15, 2011 11:34 AM
May 2011
next ep preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkFZQJvlnfg
can't wait
Jun 15, 2011 12:11 PM

Feb 2009
Yanoflies said:
I'm gonna double post just for this.

Seriously, why the f_ck do you people post spoilers in episode discussion threads? I don't give a sh_t if it's inside a spoiler tag. At least fu_king warn us that it's actually a spoiler and don't include it with a line that says "Best picture yet!!!!!!".

WHY?!

F_ck.

4th time it's happened in Steins;Gate forums.

Agreed. It's pissing me off.

Honestly, it even angers me to see people saying stuff like "so I guess ~that~ is coming soon." Like, it just takes away suspense. Nothing completely comes out of the blue if I see people saying YUP *THAT* EPISODE IS COMING UP SOON!! IT'S GONNA GET DEPRESSING SOON!

But whatever, I should know better not to check these forums too much.
Jun 15, 2011 1:04 PM

Sep 2009
Droplet said:
omg I'm so creeped out by that message... I had to minimize the screen when he walked into the room in the dark lmao. ahhh.
Lol same here!

I find shining finger suspicious since she appear. How she want the IBN 1500, etc etc. So is Chistina a sern spy? Since part time-warrior from the future said it...
Jun 15, 2011 2:05 PM

Nov 2010
koolvid said:
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shit is becoming serious with Shining Finger enough to tell that that she may be involved in what follows,

the threat are fucking crazy! Hey man, that looks like a child's severed head. That is freaking scary man!

Suzuha on the other hand was freaking hot in her fashion as follows,

those hips and those breasts. Damn she is most sexiest with that fashion.

Seeing Mayuri/Makise's ass and fan service in the spoiler
made my day 100% Anyone one else? More later.

Best picture yet!!!!!!

SPOILER TAG WAS HERE

This post should be deleted or something. A future spoiler disguised as picture post. Just a cruel trolling for those who doesn't want to be trolled by a spoiler.

Although I don't spoiled too much due to watching the VN's PV 2 months ago, which is SO SPOILEROUS. How could the opening PV contain that kind of spoiler???
Jun 15, 2011 2:23 PM

Aug 2008
Suzuha looks hawt. :D
& we found out a bit of Makise's past. seems like Okabe has some people skills when he comforted her in his weird way.
Jun 15, 2011 2:54 PM

Nov 2009
1. Experiment progresses even more - Lifter is the TV lol
2. Christina opens up to Okabe, but also suspected of being a spy.
3. Creepy mails continue
4. Christina is a 2ch. user, and other lab interactions
5/5.
Jun 15, 2011 3:04 PM
Oct 2010
Dammit! Cant believe i got that spoiler ~~

FUCK U. People shouldnt post THIS kind of spoiler. Spoilers from the episode are okay but this one really messed things up.
Jun 15, 2011 3:44 PM

Oct 2007
lots of cute okabe x christina moments in this ep :) and those texts seriously freaked me out.
Jun 15, 2011 4:40 PM

Jun 2008
ricardo-saito said:
Dammit! Cant believe i got that spoiler ~~

FUCK U. People shouldnt post THIS kind of spoiler. Spoilers from the episode are okay but this one really messed things up.

There is a report button. Use that also.

Anyway i just want to inform everyone not to freak out when Okabe receives a few more messages like: "i know what you did" or "I'm watching you" in the next episode because it will be from me releasing my jealousy of not being able to walk into the bath with naked Mayuri and Kurisu. Damn lucky bastard!

Kuriso blushing is win as always. Lol at the putting fight and the way Makise was yelling him. Those two should definitely get married. Even Mayuri felt like a third party in a couples fight and suggested to go home. Oh! yeah the "tuturu!" is finally back.

We got a big revelation there at the end. It seems SERN has hacked them back and has been observing them.
Jun 15, 2011 5:50 PM

Sep 2009
wow awesome eps

shits happening ......okabe in danger ..
should he tell his lab members about it or just keep it to himself ?
Jun 15, 2011 5:54 PM

Jan 2009
Droplet said:
Yanoflies said:
I'm gonna double post just for this.

Seriously, why the f_ck do you people post spoilers in episode discussion threads? I don't give a sh_t if it's inside a spoiler tag. At least fu_king warn us that it's actually a spoiler and don't include it with a line that says "Best picture yet!!!!!!".

WHY?!

F_ck.

4th time it's happened in Steins;Gate forums.

Agreed. It's pissing me off.

Honestly, it even angers me to see people saying stuff like "so I guess ~that~ is coming soon." Like, it just takes away suspense. Nothing completely comes out of the blue if I see people saying YUP *THAT* EPISODE IS COMING UP SOON!! IT'S GONNA GET DEPRESSING SOON!

But whatever, I should know better not to check these forums too much.

12 episodes to build up to the BIG MOMENT in the middle. Not exactly rocket science, ya know…almost every action, or drama, or suspense, or mystery, 20-26 episode anime has something big/defining happen RIGHT in the middle (Code Geass + R2, Phantom/Requiem, Romeo x Juliet, Star Driver, Umineko, InuYasha Kanketsu-hen, Pandora, Kuroshitsuji, Shiki, Clanned, Clanned After Story, etc.)
Jun 15, 2011 7:23 PM

Apr 2011
Was I the only person who was thinking of "TAKE ON ME" during the whole panic run back to the lab at the end?
Jun 15, 2011 7:37 PM

Jan 2011
I regret watching the episode in the dark. I nearly shit myself.
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

Jun 15, 2011 7:43 PM

Jun 2010
Thunderhog said:
Was I the only person who was thinking of "TAKE ON ME" during the whole panic run back to the lab at the end?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI2yXdQ7vQQ
Jun 15, 2011 10:48 PM

Feb 2010
spoilers , spoilers everywhere.
Jun 16, 2011 12:05 AM

Dec 2010
Zero0neFive said:
I regret watching the episode in the dark. I nearly shit myself.

I can definitely understand why...

That doll....it scares the fuck outta me...and the running scene...that was very hard to watch. Good thing nothing happened though.

Jun 16, 2011 2:40 AM

Jun 2011
It seems dat they dropped lots of details in the anime. In the VN, Daru said dat

Does it ring sumthing for u? =)
Jun 16, 2011 4:16 AM

Jun 2009
Kansokusha said:
Does it ring sumthing for u? =)

Emm... No!.. This confuses the hell out of me... Could you explain simpler, for the stupid one?..

Jun 16, 2011 4:20 AM
Feb 2011
Kinda have a feeling that Kurisu's father is working for Sern or that he even will be one the the main antagonists :D
But haven't played the VN so can only guess now, but kinda wish that that will not be the case with him.
Jun 16, 2011 4:37 AM

Oct 2009
No worries fellow MAL'iens. I have conquered the spoiler through a hasty report.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2011 4:51 AM
Mar 2011
koolvid said:

Best picture yet!!!!!!

Couldn't resist -.-
Jun 16, 2011 5:26 AM

Oct 2008
Eternaltheft2 said:
koolvid said:

Best picture yet!!!!!!

Couldn't resist -.-

Don't feed the trolls or so they say.

Anyway great episode bla bla. Everyone els already said it, no need for repeating :P
Jun 16, 2011 7:04 AM
Jul 2010
Fantastic episodes, this show just gets better and better. If they can keep this up all the way this will probably be one of my new favorites.
Tremble before my Darkness!
Jun 16, 2011 7:15 AM

Jan 2009
nice episode its getting serious
Jun 16, 2011 10:30 AM

Jun 2009
There is something that terribly bothers me... I've just looked through VN (without any translation or knowledge of Japanese) and find this picture in the scene, where Makise tells about time leap (or at least I suppose, that it's that scene)...
SPOILERS... I think

This is the same schemes, that Sena told Takumi about in the Chaos;Head, when she explained about Visual Rebuilding...

What does that mean? Could somebody answer me (or PM, if this is too much of a spoiler)?

Jun 16, 2011 10:32 PM

Feb 2009
any spoilers and you will end up like "that" kid. because when you spoil a thriller "that" is not nice, you got "that"?

oh i wonder what happens next, so far im suspicious of every girl besides mayuri. lolz what if mayuri was the time traveler! BTW, they need to explain okarin"s DNA thingy

original shower scene CG.........WIN.
Jun 17, 2011 12:17 AM

Oct 2010
AlexTrusk said:
There is something that terribly bothers me... I've just looked through VN (without any translation or knowledge of Japanese) and find this picture in the scene, where Makise tells about time leap (or at least I suppose, that it's that scene)...
SPOILERS... I think

This is the same schemes, that Sena told Takumi about in the Chaos;Head, when she explained about Visual Rebuilding...

What does that mean? Could somebody answer me (or PM, if this is too much of a spoiler)?
That is interesting but Makise related to Sena would feel strange if anything.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 17, 2011 11:10 AM

May 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shit is becoming serious with Shining Finger enough to tell that that she may be involved in what follows,

the threat are fucking crazy! Hey man, that looks like a child's severed head. That is freaking scary man!

Suzuha on the other hand was freaking hot in her fashion as follows,

those hips and those breasts. Damn she is most sexiest with that fashion.

Seeing Mayuri/Makise's ass and fan service in the spoiler
made my day 100% Anyone one else? More later.

I think who ever send that emails is threatening Okarin !!

Jun 17, 2011 11:25 AM

Jul 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
AlexTrusk said:
SPOILERS... I think

That is interesting but Makise related to Sena would feel strange if anything.

I believe that this is not spoiler, they are not related at all.

This is the technology that Kurisu developed originally, as portrayed in anime.:p
Jun 17, 2011 2:10 PM

Dec 2010
AlexTrusk said:
SPOILERS... I think

Well from what I remember, it's nothing. It's just 'graphics'. At least I don't recall the VN explaining anything about that picture.

If anything, it could just be basically showing us Kurisu's research on compressing memory into data.

Jun 17, 2011 2:21 PM

Mar 2011
Sht;s going down in episode 12
Courtesy of Paul
Jun 17, 2011 5:34 PM

Dec 2010
Is it just me or the severed head лooks pretty much like Makise's head :O
No, this ep was total mindfu*k I totally agree. I'll probably get any sleep now, I mustn't watch it before going to bed ;X
STM said:
DAT FUCKING TWIST in which Suzuha said Makise works for SERN.
And DAT FUCKING MAIL that's incredibly creepy.

It ended way too early, as usual. Fuck man, I need more of this show. ;_;

+1!
Jun 18, 2011 3:44 AM

Aug 2007
dunno if anyone had mentioned this, but

I noticed Mayqueen Nyan2 wall on Daru's Desktop. I thought Akiba no longer has the moe culture after Feyris sent her D-Mail, or did Okabe's D-Mail (to chase Suzuha) changed Akiba back?

screenshot

The destinies mend rift in time as men etches fate anew
Jun 18, 2011 8:02 AM

May 2009
Those emails are making me as paranoid as Okabe. lmao
Jun 18, 2011 11:07 PM

Mar 2010
Freaky head.... It's disturbing, especially at night, but not too scary... I'm really worried about what I saw on a site with the game CG....

@ DesolateOne not entirely sure, but when you find out, tell me, I would like to know. If you are right about this, we may see this in Robotics;Notes as well...
I hope R;N has an anime.
CruelComedyJun 19, 2011 2:15 PM
Jun 19, 2011 4:15 AM

Jun 2011
There are always sum recurring themes throughout the Science ADV Series... like the
And I can only hope dat Okabe will be in R;N too, he's such a great character... FUHAHAHAHAHAHAA
Jun 19, 2011 8:10 AM

Jun 2011
This show is just epic. Nuff said.

Next episode please.
Jun 19, 2011 11:33 AM

May 2008
Great episode, but what exactly is @channel referring to?? 4chan? xD
Jun 19, 2011 5:12 PM
Apr 2008
2chan. The Japanese equivalent of 4chan.
Jun 20, 2011 4:41 AM
Apr 2011
_seraph said:
dunno if anyone had mentioned this, but

I noticed Mayqueen Nyan2 wall on Daru's Desktop. I thought Akiba no longer has the moe culture after Feyris sent her D-Mail, or did Okabe's D-Mail (to chase Suzuha) changed Akiba back?

screenshot

Interesting that you saw that. I may have to go back and rewatch that ep. I doubt Okabe's d-mail for Suzuha had any affect on Feyris's D-mail. After her d-mail she still donned the cat ears which I didn't understand. I thought Feyris was still involved with MayQueen or some sort of cosplay. But since Akihabara is no longer Otaku inspired anymore, I thought perhaps she was working in another MayQueen outside of Akihabara.

I believe she still likes moe and all things moe, but decided not to use her father's time and money to develop an entire city devoted to it. I haven't played the VN so I'm just speculating.
Jun 20, 2011 7:29 AM

Jun 2009
I would usually drop a show like this with all the service (like I did for ore imo long ass name) but because the plot is really picking up, I'll let this slide just once.

Also, I didn't read the other posts, really sorry but waaaay too many spoilers
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1828 by Ronin_4011 »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.