Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2011 1:40 AM

Nov 2008
dimsumftw said:
Just got this from /a/

I might get nightmares for this... After seeing this, Yukiatsu is beyond help XDD Last ep, we saw Yukiatsu sniffing on Menma's clothes and now he's buying girly accessories... Seriously, I'm worried that there would be a bad end in this series if not prevented...

I wonder if Yukiatsu's the reason why Menma died... Somehow this show got some creepy vibes but at the same time very nostalgic and sweet XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 29, 2011 1:41 AM

Jul 2009
NurseNitsujApr 29, 2011 1:54 AM
Apr 29, 2011 2:05 AM

Jul 2009
Awesome, truly awesome. Loved it
Apr 29, 2011 2:32 AM
Aug 2010
dimsumftw said:
Just got this from /a/

No guys, its not yukiatsu, it's actually tsuruko. Go back to the scene where yukiatsu and tsuruko are shopping and you can clearly see that she's also wearing a watch.
xillia000Apr 29, 2011 2:37 AM
Apr 29, 2011 2:47 AM
Nov 2010
Oh god silver don't add more to the fire D:
Apr 29, 2011 2:50 AM
Nov 2008
I want next episode NOW [ why did it go by so fast??? -_- ]

Poppo is so funny.And I really like Anaru....what I dun like yet is Tsuruko and Yukiatsu...I can't believe they actually came too..-_- or maybe they have a secret plan to be big assholes and annoy everyone else....
Apr 29, 2011 2:50 AM

Dec 2009
RealScreamer said:
otakuhime said:
but, IMO, it looks lyk he was happy he could see Menma... :x

Ya think?

I honestly really believe he wants to spite Jinta and ruin him some more. But we'll see next week :)
I agree too. I believe he wants to state to him, you know your not special anymore, I can see her.
Apr 29, 2011 2:52 AM
Aug 2010
:( Im not adding more to the fire, I just want to clear out the possibility of yukiatsu cross-dressing >_< I love this show and I hate it when stupid people gives this anime a low score due to "cross-dressing" >_<
Apr 29, 2011 2:52 AM

Feb 2010
so the gang is finally back together that was fast. Yukiatsu is the real creapy guy of this show^^
Apr 29, 2011 3:14 AM

Jan 2009
type_silver said:
:( Im not adding more to the fire, I just want to clear out the possibility of yukiatsu cross-dressing >_<
Though it's still possible that it's Yukiatsu.
If it's Yukiatsu, it'd be because he's completely messed up and makes himself believe that Menma is there by dressing up as her himself.
Or if it's Tsuruko, then it'd be because she's jelly. Definitely. And in that case, I guess Yukiatsu might've started to believe he saw Menma after having seen Tsuruko dressed up as her. That's also possible, I guess.
My point is that it can still be any of the two.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 29, 2011 3:19 AM

Sep 2009
So both Jinta and Naruko are left-handed?
Apr 29, 2011 3:21 AM

Oct 2009
That sounds fun!

Menma wants to search for Menma too!

Ah, that mother.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2011 3:26 AM

Jan 2008
- Aki & Haruna were such bitches to him! I was hoping Anaru would do something but she didn't.
- Again, I love Poppo. <3
- The tug of warish thing was cute.
- Tsuruko showing up was shocking.
- Yukiatsu showing up was even more shocking.

Onii said:
Oh my goodness Yukiatsu I really hope you're not bullshitting me.

Agree 100%. I really hope that's not the case though. D:
Apr 29, 2011 3:31 AM

Oct 2009
Either that guy cross dresses or; he cross dresses.

The 'ghost' had a watch, the exact same one as the one Yukiatsu was wearing. Just sayin'.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2011 3:39 AM
Aug 2010
Would people srly stop assuming that yukiatsu cross-dresses?!?!?!? go look at this pic and you'll see that tsuruko is......
Apr 29, 2011 4:00 AM

Oct 2010
Okay, since Yukiatsu being obsessed/in love with Menma seems sort of like a red herring so early on in this series, here's a random theory:
Since Yukiatsu was trying to decide on buying hair scrunchies, (instead of using them to cross-dress or whatever!) maybe the person he likes actually Anaru, who in this episode has them always around her wrist -

Is it definite that Yukiatsu and Tsuruko are dating, apart from the appearances of being seen together often?
Maybe the reason that he is annoyed with Jintan is that he is the one Anaru likes, rather than the one Menma liked.
Can't explain him having/sniffing Menma's dress though yet..

Interesting catch, type_silver - I think you might be right; a female build would have a better chance of being mistaken for Menma to an observer nearby like Poppo.
Apr 29, 2011 4:02 AM

Aug 2010
Another great episode to continue without a doubt the best show this season.
Apr 29, 2011 4:16 AM

Dec 2009
type_silver said:
dimsumftw said:
Just got this from /a/

No guys, its not yukiatsu, it's actually tsuruko. Go back to the scene where yukiatsu and tsuruko are shopping and you can clearly see that she's also wearing a watch.
That would make more sense. :O
Apr 29, 2011 4:29 AM

Feb 2010
This show does extremely well at feeling the emotions.
Apr 29, 2011 4:39 AM

Jul 2009
type_silver said:
dimsumftw said:
Just got this from /a/

The thing is, assuming it is one of them dressing up and not something else entirely, Yukiatsu seems to be the far likelier culprit. Tsuruko seems totally normal, if a little cold, whereas he has... 'interesting' habits, like sniffing clothes. Besides that, now it's been mentioned, those arms do look kinda manly.

But hey, it could all just be a red herring, so...
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Apr 29, 2011 4:47 AM
May 2010
Personally I think Yukiatsu just made a doll or something and put it by the river to trick them.

But after seeing that cross dressing theory, I guess that could be possible too o.O
Also, it reminds me of the movie 'Psycho'
Apr 29, 2011 5:21 AM

Feb 2011
I'm just loving this show more and more!

But it's really disturbing if Yukiatsu actually is cross dressing as a dead girl.
Apr 29, 2011 5:35 AM

Jun 2009
Great episode as usual. About the Menma Poppo saw, first thing that comes to mind is obviously Yukiatsu, but we only know about him having the dress, nothing about the wig. Also Tsuruko actually wears a watch, and with her suddenly beliving in Menma it's propable it was her. Though i still think she said she believes if Anaru does to make her feel better, then again she's not really the type to.
Anyway, this is awesome period. And Anaru looks great wit hair down.
OrochiPLApr 29, 2011 5:39 AM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 29, 2011 5:50 AM
Aug 2010
Hey guys, I think I solved the puzzle!!! There are a couple of things i want to point out.
First things first, Yukiatsu likes Anaru? Could be, but I don't think so! Good observation gracenote, but Anaru was already wearing a "hair" scrunchie before Yukiatsu went to buy one

Ok now, onto the next thing. You guys are saying Yukiatsu was lying when he said he saw Menma, but I'm pretty sure you guys are wrong because how come Tusruko can be so sure that he would come to the barbecue? As I pointed out earlier, it was tsuruko that dressed up as menma and this makes sense: tsuruko dresses up as menma, lets yukiatsu and poppo see her and tries to bring the group back together (maybe XD)

There are few other things I want to point out as well, but I'll do it later today XD
Apr 29, 2011 6:18 AM

Oct 2010
Onii said:
Oh my goodness Yukiatsu I really hope you're not bullshitting me.

I think that he really may be, and that HE was the Menma that Poppo saw.
Because, you know, he has her dress. Though I doubt he'd be able to fit in it, maybe he made a replica of one that would fit him.
Yukiatsu was probably looking at those accessories for himself, when he's cross dressing and pretending to be a little girl.
Modified by Onii, 9 hours ago

nice episode again, yeh this is very possible, would prefer some thing nicer then that though.
Apr 29, 2011 6:25 AM

Sep 2009
fuck this anime is awesome
love the friendship and saddness
the ed song really good

best anime for this season <3
Apr 29, 2011 6:57 AM

Jan 2011
Well even if he is a cross dresser I think it's the reasons he became a cross dresser that's important. Is it because of Menma's loss that he's cross dressing and trying to look like her? Is he trying to stave off the pain in his heart by trying to replicate the image of Menma? There's a lot of emotional things we don't know; or for example is he doing it with bitterness in his heart. Is he doing it with spiteful intentions? If he's hurt I sympathize with him and have empathy, but if he's doing it just to be a bastard then I'll lose a lot of respect.

On the theory that it could be Tsuruko instead who knows maybe it is? If it is I think shes probably just as badly scared as Yukiastu if shes going around dressing up as Menma. Or shes a brilliant genius trying to get all her friends back together, and she was the one suffering the most, and the most lonely since everyone changed. That could be proved by her cold attitude towards Anaru and how shes treating her badly because shes changed so much and she doesn't know how to deal with it. That's why she can't stand seeing her the way she is now and avoids being around her as could be seen in episode two. But yeah those are just my thoughts and opinions, we haven't seen enough of inner monologues, flashbacks or enough scenes to prove anything. I can't wait for the next episode. =)
Apr 29, 2011 7:14 AM
Jan 2010
I still wonder what they were thinking when they made up the name "Anaru".
Apr 29, 2011 7:18 AM

Aug 2009
Fuurinkazan said:

Anjou NARUko
Apr 29, 2011 7:21 AM

Jun 2009
type_silver said:
Ok now, onto the next thing. You guys are saying Yukiatsu was lying when he said he saw Menma, but I'm pretty sure you guys are wrong because how come Tusruko can be so sure that he would come to the barbecue? As I pointed out earlier, it was tsuruko that dressed up as menma and this makes sense: tsuruko dresses up as menma, lets yukiatsu and poppo see her and tries to bring the group back together (maybe XD)
Good argument there, i think it's tsuruko more and more.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 29, 2011 7:25 AM
Nov 2010
At last!
When I was descending into the abyss of despair (due to the lack of any decent anime this season), AnoHana appeared! Thank you, God! :D

Apr 29, 2011 7:54 AM

Aug 2007
Oh, I'd love to see Yukiatsu crossdressing, but I don't see that happening. Would be awesome though... -remembers Hayate no Gotoku-

I agree with the idea on there being 2 ghosts: you can see it in the opening as well. Plus it was someone hinted with Menma saying she wants to see her own ghost, lol. I really like the way this is going.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Apr 29, 2011 8:06 AM

Sep 2008
Episode delivered awesomeness once again. Definitely my favourite show this season.

The hell was Yukiatsu doing in the next episode preview. Every theory I have is not a good one. lol
Apr 29, 2011 8:15 AM

Nov 2008
I wanted to like Yukiatsu, but I think he's lying about seeing Menma. I doubt that there are multiple ghosts of her and if there is, then that would be surprising. I hated seeing Menma cry, but at least she has Jintan by her side. I actually like Tsuruko and I definitely like Poppo. The only character I don't like is Anaru...and I know I'm probably in the minority. She's so easily influenced and can't even stand up for Jin-tan when those stupid girls were basically insulting him. Anyways looking forward to the next episode.

I liked this part:

Jin-tan: There's an egg shell in it
Menma: Calcium

Seriously Menma is just too cute!
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 29, 2011 8:17 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode, and I'm really enjoying this series. Only one thing I want and that is

Kind of early to want things like that but it's digging at me all the time I watch this.
Apr 29, 2011 8:31 AM
Aug 2010
Looking at the ep 4 preview, I can see the ending! lol XD Ah well this is fun cuz this is a really good anime and its also original so we can only guess whats going to happen next :D
Even though Tsuruko is cool and all that, she still treasures Menma like the rest of the group as shown at the preview where she has a drawing of Menma :

You're saying that it could be someone else? No no no here are 2 proofs:
1. You see the brown bit darker than the desk up there on the top right hand corner of my first spoiler? Well, its tsuruko's desk as shown here
You see the darker brown drawer on the right of her desk? It is very identical XD
2. In the first spoiler up there, you can see that the fingernails is not painted and also the skin is pale. If you look at all the main characters, there are only 3 people with pale skin: Menma, Tsuruko and Anaru. Menma is a ghost and Anaru has her fingernails painted
so the only one left is Tsuruko.
About Tsuruko's drawing, you can see Menma praying and I think that indicates that she remembers what Menma's wish was, and maybe that's why she dressed up as menma and to let Poppo and Yukiatsu see her.
Guys, im just letting you guys know what my opinion is, so please let us know urs!
xillia000Apr 29, 2011 8:34 AM
Apr 29, 2011 8:36 AM

Feb 2008
Best 20 minutes of my week.
Apr 29, 2011 9:31 AM

Oct 2008
Madoka... I mean, AnoHana Thursdays!

You know... I did give every anime airing at least a one episode test.
The shot of Anaru in that one piece with that flowing hair just took the breath out of me. Something that all these worthless fanservice shows have failed to do time and time again with T&A.
Love the character interactions!
Apr 29, 2011 9:38 AM

Feb 2010
So sweet that the Gang is back together well almost... SUPER PEACE BUSTERS!!!

I thought it was sad when Menma tried making cupcakes and Jintan had a flashback about his mother.
Apr 29, 2011 10:04 AM

Jan 2009
garfield15 said:
Fuurinkazan said:
Anjou NARUko
I'm kind of thinking what Fuurinkazan is actually wondering about is why they'd make it "Anaru" out of all the names they could make from that. I mean, they could've just gone with something else, Anna, Anko, Aruko, or anything else.
And because, you know, Anaru is a quite... weird name, to say the least.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 29, 2011 10:06 AM

Oct 2008
Menma wanting to find her own ghost.
Adorable, but tragic if you really think about it.
Apr 29, 2011 10:19 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
garfield15 said:
Fuurinkazan said:
Anjou NARUko
I'm kind of thinking what Fuurinkazan is actually wondering about is why they'd make it "Anaru" out of all the names they could make from that. I mean, they could've just gone with something else, Anna, Anko, Aruko, or anything else.
And because, you know, Anaru is a quite... weird name, to say the least.
What is weird about it? It sounds a lot better than all others that you just mentioned.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 29, 2011 10:35 AM

Jan 2009
Nice ep,Nice ending :D
Apr 29, 2011 10:40 AM

May 2010
jigglypuff said:
]I agree too. I believe he wants to state to him, you know your not special anymore, I can see her.

Ya, that's more of what i wanted to say. Since Menma seemed to like Jintan back when they were children, while Yuki was being 3rd wheeled...

Zilpzalp said:
I don't think that's what kind of person he is. I think he feels the way Jinta's feeling too, but he is able to hide it way better than Jinta can. The fact that he was angry at Jinta in ep1 was just to show that he himself can't handle the fact that Menma is dead either. He isn't really angry at Jinta. I'd say he's just sad and probably distressed, too.
He wouldn't go out of his way just to fuck with his friends. And yes, I think he still considers them friends somewhere deep in his heart.

It is true that he feels distressed about it as well, hell EVERY single one of them feels like that, i also think they all feel like they're still friends deep down.. But as :jigglypuff" said, he wants Jintan to not feel that special because of Jealousy, as he always seemed to wanna be with Menma the way Jintan was...Although I don't think Yuki is a bad guy, hell I would be jealous to if it was me...

OrochiPL said:
What is weird about it? It sounds a lot better than all others that you just mentioned.

I believe it's suppose to be embarrassing because it would mean "Anal" - as the Japanese replace L's with the Jap Characters of "RA, Ri, Ru, Re,Ro,"..
Apr 29, 2011 10:52 AM

Feb 2011
they all met together
and now yukiatsu can see menma too?
i think he just lie
Apr 29, 2011 11:10 AM

Apr 2009
I have a feeling that Yukiatsu was just screwing around with Poppo...

This is sad, btw. ;_;
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Apr 29, 2011 11:24 AM

Apr 2009
"Ooh, a barbeque and get-together with friends! Maybe it's my wish to go to that!"
"Heeeee...it's like barf!"
Aw, I love Menma.

I wish I could see what Jintan looks like to everyone else when he's reacting to Menma, like when she was tugging on his arm.

I'm calling bullshit on Yukiatsu's claim.

Apr 29, 2011 11:27 AM

May 2010
The scenes where Menma cried twice really gets me. :(

And this Popo is seriously funny and gives this show a cheerful atmosphere.I wish I have a friend like him.

So far, it's doing great. =)
Apr 29, 2011 11:36 AM

Apr 2009
You know, I don't know how Jintan can even prove that Yukiatsu is a liar. Anything he says can just be tossed aside by Yukiatsu saying that he saw Menma doing whatever and that Jintan is the liar. Then again, I doubt Jintan has any desire to share that he can see Menma, other than with Poppo.

Apr 29, 2011 11:41 AM

Dec 2008
Anaru's so called friends are the reasons why I absolutely despise loud-mouthed, air-headed, snotty teenage girls! And I dislike Anaru even more for not standing up to them!

Tsuriko and Yukiatsou are a strange pair. They both seem to have really changed and NOT for the better.

I don't believe Yukiatsou saw shit! I think he's fucking deranged!! I'm sure as the show goes along, it will reveal a VERY sadistic side of him.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

218 by Grimenio »»
May 4, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

389 by Grimenio »»
Apr 30, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.