Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2011 8:06 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Here we are folks, the last episode of the season. I don't know what to say anymore because everything should've been beautifully animated but was rushed. Anyway, complaints aside, lol'd at Misaka's mom, and lastly, I must say that I like how they presented Shiage :D

This will be the last time I'll say this;

Well then everyone, DISCUSS!

or is it? >:D

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Apr 1, 2011 9:23 AM

Mar 2011
I hate how Awaki loses to that bastard komaba, I would have crushed him. And is it just me or did they cut out the part where Awaki threatens accelerator, and gets all up in his grill?

Gotta admit though, the background music has been really good these last two episodes.

Fuck yeah GROUP.

lol Shiage has same voice as Kamui lol(atleast I think he does)
I hate you all.
Apr 1, 2011 9:30 AM

Nov 2008
Very rushed but was very good, Shiage got pwned. Oh dear god Index is biting again at the very end and even the cat gets frustrated now.

The series was good, rushed in some aspects.

9/10

Apr 1, 2011 1:36 PM

Jan 2009
Im wondering when someone will make that series as aired >>
. . .
Apr 1, 2011 4:41 PM

May 2010
Season 3 is going to be a pain to wait for lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 1, 2011 4:54 PM

Dec 2010
Like others have said the episode seemed pretty rushed, but it was enjoyable. Season 3 needs to come around sooner. :[
9/10
Apr 1, 2011 5:07 PM
Jan 2011
This episode reminds me of the kore wa zombie desuka ending. It foreshadowed something but the end was a filler feeling. The fight was very good since I felt the same way as when I read the novels. It was pretty good.

Now for the season in general it could've been much better at the end but I don't know why they decided to ad SS at the last moment. I give the season itself either an 8 or a 9.

Anyone interested in reading the novels now instead of waiting should contact my profile.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Apr 1, 2011 5:08 PM

Sep 2007
And here it ends with zero closure. Let's hope season 3 will actually be good. 7/10
Apr 1, 2011 5:09 PM

Nov 2008
Excellent series, the wait for season 3 will be too long.

Lol at Misaka's mom being drunk.

9/10
Apr 1, 2011 5:22 PM
Jul 2009
Ya it definitely felt rushed, but it was cool seeing Hamazura animated. I've been reading the novels (waiting for 17 to be translated). I also noticed something interesting. The girl on Komobu's phone looks like the girl on the cover illustration for the new NT index novel.
Apr 1, 2011 5:43 PM

Apr 2009
REALLY nice episode.
Missed some things from the novel in other episodes and I liked the first season more, but this arc was awesome.

8/10 for Index II.
Apr 1, 2011 5:48 PM

Jun 2008
Oh boy...

Touma uses the final episode to deliver his "BEST" speech yet...

"Don't associate me with your kind (level 0)"

Yes Touma, because every Level 0 has HAX powers and NEVER loses no matter who the opponent is.

The FINALE wasn't so bad, but it doesn't matter, I judge the series by the ENTIRE 24 episodes not the final one or a particular arc or anything like that.

Story or "Plot".....5/10 (They do the same stupid shit every arc, and it always ends the same)

Characters......9/10 (Excluding the HORRIBLE index, most of the characters were pretty good) (Oriana, Fukiyose, Mikoto's Mom, that other teleporter girl, they were for the most part very entertaining)

Music, Setting, Character designs, other miscellaneous....7/10

Entertainment........6/10 (Kinda hard to give this a higher score since there's so much I DON'T like compared to things I DO like)

OVERALL......6.5/10 (I haven't decided if I'm going to give it a 6 or 7, either way I DO hope for a 3rd season, but they have to IMPROVE drastically)

Perfect depiction of this season.
--ALEX--Apr 1, 2011 6:01 PM
Apr 1, 2011 5:52 PM

Sep 2008
Well, that sure felt rushed. But at the same time, pretty good. I guess it's pretty safe to say that the third season is as good as in the making after the way they concluded this season.
Apr 1, 2011 5:54 PM

Mar 2011
Aezile said:

This will be the last time I'll say this;

Well then everyone, DISCUSS!

or is it? >:D

What are you implying? That they won't be another season?
Of course there will be.
I hate you all.
Apr 1, 2011 6:03 PM
Jun 2010
GROUP is so bad ass.
Great last episode.
Apr 1, 2011 6:10 PM

Feb 2009
This episode was kinda rushed but at least it was a very good and entertaining 2nd season. I hope they release the 3rd season ASAP, I want to see a lot more of GROUP, freaking bad-ass characters in GROUP, Accelerator FTW!

8 out of 10
Apr 1, 2011 6:21 PM

Nov 2008
The worst part of Index is the end. I hope they make S3 Quiiiickm I need my weekly dose of Touma/ Accel.

9/10
Apr 1, 2011 6:23 PM

Mar 2011
Melodyy said:
GROUP is so bad ass.
Great last episode.
Zero_sama said:
I hope they release the 3rd season ASAP, I want to see a lot more of GROUP, freaking bad-ass characters in GROUP, Accelerator FTW!
You're gonna love season 3 then.
I hate you all.
Apr 1, 2011 6:38 PM

Oct 2009
I can't wait for the best part of Index coming up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2011 6:45 PM

Nov 2010
Great season, though i feel like the next season will focus on Accelerator... though i do like him... i just want a lot more Touma fighting crazy women =3 10/10
Apr 1, 2011 6:58 PM

Apr 2009
AAAAAAAAACCCEEEEEELLERATOR
YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Apr 1, 2011 7:44 PM
Apr 2009
For me, as the season progressed, character development went to crap more and more. They introduce/reintroduce characters who apparently are important again. No idea of where they came from or what they're drive is. The blond kid in the end. He gave his name. I went to wikia. He apparently beat a level 5 as a level 0. Where was this in the anime? Every episode just keeps giving me more and more plot holes. Why kids are running around killing each other in a high-tech city, I still don't know, but that's the least of my concerns. How or why was Mrs. Misaka a representative, who all of the sudden was sent to remove students from Academy City, why was that building empty except for Skillout, why did the (taxi?) driver stand around while she attempted to molest Touma (funny scene though!)?

The animation, music, and fights/powers are awesome. The characters are interesting and funny (except Index, I hate her and only her). But, the plot, development, and whole presentation of is a complete mess for me. If this was more like Arakawa, with no real attempt at giving you a plot, but had fights and fan service only, it'd be great.
7/10 I don't give ratings in comments usually, but this series drove me nuts =
Let's go Railgun Season 2 next please!
Apr 1, 2011 7:54 PM

Sep 2008
Why didn't Skillout rape Misuzu when they surrounded her?
This anime makes no sense.

Touma is the luckiest person in the city though; he would have had his limbs torn off to bleed to death by the end of the episode if Accelerator got to him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2011 8:19 PM

Nov 2008
LOLOL I loved it when they use guns do the talking instead of esper powers or magics XDD They should have done this from the start XDD

The last 2 eps build up a lot of scenarios for season 3 or they wanted us to read the novel in order to see the "war"? There's a lot of foreshadowing: There's this late introduction of Acqua and Terra. also the introduction of Shiage and the GROUP. Dammit, it makes me want to read the novel now XDD

I just want to ask something:
1. Who was that white silhouette Tsuchimikado fought 2 episodes ago or so?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 1, 2011 8:22 PM
Jan 2011
DenjaX said:
LOLOL I loved it when they use guns do the talking instead of esper powers or magics XDD They should have done this from the start XDD

The last 2 eps build up a lot of scenarios for season 3 or they wanted us to read the novel in order to see the "war"? There's a lot of foreshadowing: There's this late introduction of Acqua and Terra. also the introduction of Shiage and the GROUP. Dammit, it makes me want to read the novel now XDD

I just want to ask something:
1. Who was that white silhouette Tsuchimikado fought 2 episodes ago or so?
No one important.

Apr 1, 2011 8:36 PM

May 2010
I can't believe I'm saying this but it's over for season 2, now time for season 3, I know it is sad that I'm gonna have to wait for a long long time but I just hope they could make it better or just as great as ever !!

Apr 1, 2011 9:03 PM
Oct 2010
ashkon77 said:
Ya it definitely felt rushed, but it was cool seeing Hamazura animated. I've been reading the novels (waiting for 17 to be translated). I also noticed something interesting. The girl on Komobu's phone looks like the girl on the cover illustration for the new NT index novel.
It is her indeed, but don't worry about cute little Fremea as she won't be appearing again until a 4th season, if there is one, unless she gets an early cameo.

This last episode was fast paced as expected, but had a better narration than previous ones... was that so hard to do?

I hope they do a better job on the third season than on this one.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 1, 2011 9:12 PM
Jun 2010
Nowhere near as interesting as season 1. I say no season 3 and they just come out with a ton of railgun episodes that include Index in them, no more Touma :)

When there was only a minute left and Touma was making another @#$%#$%^@# speech I was like seriously, this shits almost done and here we are talking....there isn't going to be an ending.

Oh and I lol'd when he still considered himself a level 0...
Apr 1, 2011 9:16 PM

Apr 2008
didnt exactly like the last episode 8/10

Apr 1, 2011 9:17 PM

Feb 2010
And now it ends. Well despite the whole freakin season being rushed to hell and back, I enjoyed. Not as much as Index I but way more than Railgun. That said I hope we can get a season 3 sooner than later and it be done by a different studio unless JC Staff gets a new director and goes for a 36 episode run (24 is too little for a series of this magnitude). Also, JC can't have more than 2 anime running at the same time or else QUALITY appears...

If possible, I'd rather have either Production IG, KyoAni, or AIC or Madhouse do season 3 (mostly Production IG).
Apr 1, 2011 9:19 PM

Nov 2007
Bakuman combi. battle (Touma and that level 0 guy) lol~ It's nice to see 3 important voices from Bakuman in the anime (+ Acce./Iizuma)!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 1, 2011 9:23 PM
Jan 2011
Why is it so hard for people to find Touma as a level 0? Im sorry but just cuz he beat people who are pretty strong doesn't mean he cant still be a zero. C'mon shiage did it.His speech also made sense. Its like when someone of your race makes you look bad. Like how people around the world think all americans are jerks or how if you come from a bad neighborhood you are automatically bad. Skill-outs are a big problem people.

I finished watching the ep and it wasn't even that rushed or like Overlord said it was well narrated. Im pretty sure u know what happened in this ep.

People ask for a railgun 2 but i say FUK THAT. Index 3 FTW.

Apr 1, 2011 9:24 PM

Mar 2011
lilmp89 said:
For me, as the season progressed, character development went to crap more and more. They introduce/reintroduce characters who apparently are important again. No idea of where they came from or what they're drive is. The blond kid in the end. He gave his name. I went to wikia. He apparently beat a level 5 as a level 0. Where was this in the anime? Every episode just keeps giving me more and more plot holes. Why kids are running around killing each other in a high-tech city, I still don't know, but that's the least of my concerns. How or why was Mrs. Misaka a representative, who all of the sudden was sent to remove students from Academy City, why was that building empty except for Skillout, why did the (taxi?) driver stand around while she attempted to molest Touma (funny scene though!)?

... Yes, but no. It is perfectly normal that the anime don't say anything about the level 5. It hasn't happened yet, it will WAYYY later IIRC. It is not a plot hole at all, it will happen in the next season.

Who they are and why they are here is perfectly clear, it is said 10 minutes earlier in the episode, and Shiage repeat it again anyway....

And it is the same for almost everything in this episode... saying that nothing is explained... There is really something wrong with this...

...By the way, am I the only one who is not completely fond of GROUP?
Accelerator-solo would be far better for me.
Well, it's not that I dislike them, so I will still enjoy with what will come later.
But I can't understand where their HUGE popularity come from.
I love Accelerator, Awaki, and Tsuchimikado individually, but together....

Why is it so hard for people to find Touma as a level 0?

Well,imagine breaker being the most broken/second most broken thing in the serie doesn't help...
Apr 1, 2011 9:30 PM
Jan 2011
lilmp89 said:
For me, as the season progressed, character development went to crap more and more. They introduce/reintroduce characters who apparently are important again. No idea of where they came from or what they're drive is. The blond kid in the end. He gave his name. I went to wikia. He apparently beat a level 5 as a level 0. Where was this in the anime? Every episode just keeps giving me more and more plot holes. Why kids are running around killing each other in a high-
tech city, I still don't know, but that's the least of my concerns. How or why was Mrs. Misaka a representative, who all of the sudden was sent to remove students from Academy City, why was that building empty except for Skillout, why did the (taxi?) driver stand around while she attempted to molest Touma (funny scene though!)?

The animation, music, and fights/powers are awesome. The characters are interesting and funny (except Index, I hate her and only her). But, the plot, development, and whole presentation of is a complete mess for me. If this was more like Arakawa, with no real attempt at giving you a plot, but had fights and fan service only, it'd be great.
7/10 I don't give ratings in comments usually, but this series drove me nuts =
Let's go Railgun Season 2 next please!

Wow, you just pay no attention at all this ep.

willardhwright said:
lilmp89 said:

... Yes, but no. It is perfectly normal that the anime don't say anything about the level 5. It hasn't happened yet, it will WAYYY later IIRC. It is not a plot hole at all, it will happen in the next season.

Who they are and why they are here is perfectly clear, it is said 10 minutes earlier in the episode, and Shiage repeat it again anyway....

And it is the same for almost everything in this episode... saying that nothing is explained... There is really something wrong with this...

...By the way, am I the only one who is not completely fond of GROUP?
Accelerator-solo would be far better for me.
Well, it's not that I dislike them, so I will still enjoy with what will come later.
But I can't understand where their HUGE popularity come from.
I love Accelerator, Awaki, and Tsuchimikado individually, but together....

Why is it so hard for people to find Touma as a level 0?

Well,imagine breaker being the most broken/second most broken thing in the serie doesn't help...

-You should read Volumes 15 and 19 to read about GROUPS feats. They are basically a 4 man death squad.

-Yeah toumas right hand is strong but its only his hand,but if you took off his plot armor he would lose to any level 5. If you took off his right arm.....
JoJo10Apr 1, 2011 9:34 PM

Apr 1, 2011 9:45 PM

Nov 2008
IndexFanboy214 said:
No one important.
^LOLOL I see i see. That's the only part that I didn't get, I thought it was Unabara recruited him or something XDD

As for the rest, I understand everything since I pay attention, sucks for those who don't understand XDD definitely needed a 3rd season, I want to see that little girl on cellphone of the skillout leader XDD if she really have a role, that is... and the all out war as well XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 1, 2011 9:47 PM

Jun 2008
Hageshiikaze said:

I mostly DESKFACED when he said that...seriously, STFU Touma....

IndexFanboy214 said:
Why is it so hard for people to find Touma as a level 0? Im sorry but just cuz he beat people who are pretty strong doesn't mean he cant still be a zero.

Really???

You're really asking this?

OK...let's pretend he doesn't have imagine breaker or what I like to call "ULTIMATE ANIME HAX POWER"

He still manages to beat EVERYONE (all of which are STRONGER than him) completely based on "SHOUNEN LOGIC".

IT just doesn't make sense, you know he could lose a battle and not die, there can be an arc that doesn't follow the following formula:

#1 BS Speech that makes him a complete MORALFAG...

#2 HE LOSES THE BATTLE, but mysteriously gets back up

#3 He KO's his opponent despite the fact that he's a LEVEL 0 and has no logical reason for winning the battle.

This season really turned into a SHOUNEN anime if nothing else, except the arcs come out of NOWHERE and doesn't follow a cohesive or understandable plot.

Maybe the LN are better, but the anime has failed in many aspects.
Apr 1, 2011 10:00 PM
Jan 2011
alexcampos said:
Hageshiikaze said:

I mostly DESKFACED when he said that...seriously, STFU Touma....

IndexFanboy214 said:
Why is it so hard for people to find Touma as a level 0? Im sorry but just cuz he beat people who are pretty strong doesn't mean he cant still be a zero.

Really???

You're really asking this?

OK...let's pretend he doesn't have imagine breaker or what I like to call "ULTIMATE ANIME HAX POWER"

He still manages to beat EVERYONE (all of which are STRONGER than him) completely based on "SHOUNEN LOGIC".

IT just doesn't make sense, you know he could lose a battle and not die, there can be an arc that doesn't follow the following formula:

#3 He KO's his opponent despite the fact that he's a LEVEL 0 and has no logical reason for winning the battle.

This season really turned into a SHOUNEN anime if nothing else, except the arcs come out of NOWHERE and doesn't follow a cohesive or understandable plot.

Maybe the LN are better, but the anime has failed in many aspects.

He doesn't beat EVERYONE. I said i agree iin my previous post he only wins by Plot armor, you can't kill the main character yet, he's got 11+ more novels to be animated and more are still being made( i have no clue how long its gonna go). In the OBD in Narutoforums he isn't used cuz its logical he'd lose. Plot started the previous arc. The arcs ALL have their purpose later on.Especially the BOL arc. You just gotta wait and see.

Apr 1, 2011 10:06 PM

Jun 2010
Confucius said:
Season 3 is going to be a pain to wait for lol

So true......
Apr 1, 2011 10:32 PM

Oct 2010
though this last ep was a bit rushed, as a whole this season was awesome 9/10. I really hope i dont have to wait another 2 years for a third season cuz i loooove me some index
Apr 1, 2011 10:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
alexcampos said:

LOL. You still don't get it do you...there IS a logical reason...

Nothing is what it seems. It was JUST AS PLANNED...

Anyway, this is the type of series you enjoy in retrospect...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 1, 2011 10:41 PM

Aug 2010
One of the worst shows I have seen. I liked the first season and I liked railgun, but this was complete utter shit.
Apr 1, 2011 10:43 PM

Apr 2008
Desperately trying to increase tension in season 3.

Stupid last battle.

Even more loose ends.

p.s. Gotta admit Touma has balls to run in somewhere with just a sheet of bulletproof glass in his hands. I woulda shot out his legs though.
Apr 1, 2011 11:08 PM

Jul 2009
I watched this for the plot.
I'd be happy if season 3 was nothing but Touma and Accelerator fighting the bad guys with a nice interspersion of MISAKAxTOUMA MOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Teh fuck am I gonna do without Mikoto-chan :((((((((
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 1, 2011 11:28 PM
Apr 2010
i was not pleased with this ending..... cliff hanger? what about the roman catholic church and Aleister??? i mean every thing else was fine... guess theres gonna be a 3rd season then??????
Apr 1, 2011 11:54 PM

Feb 2009
Might as well start naming the series "A Certain Chaotic Good Accelerator" or something since he's clearly the main character and has been for some time.

One early lesson in one of my film study courses was that a protagonist is the one who undergoes the largest character changes or development. This has been Accelerator. He is the primary actor.

I really wish they'd just stop with the Touma sideplots at this point.

blahrgness said:
Gotta admit Touma has balls to run in somewhere with just a sheet of bulletproof glass in his hands. I woulda shot out his legs though.

The subs I watched said "I *hope* this is bulletproof"... The man has balls the size of watermelons.

===

This felt too much like just another episode. Like, it'll just continue next week. There was absolutely nothing climactic or cathartic about this episode. Not even a cliffhanger, really. Just setting up for a new plot, despite there not being another episode until who knows when. Meh. If it was going to be this anticlimactic *anyway* they might as well have taken their time a bit without rushing, putting these last 2 episodes in the 3rd season instead. :/

Even in a short season of 12-14 episodes, it's fine to put filler, stretch, or reorder events in order to provide for a decent story progression and climax/conclusion on the last episode or two. Should be easier in a 24 episode series. I think the series director here is just churning out episodes not really caring when the series hiccups on season breaks since he knows he'll get as many seasons as he wants?
ZetaZetaApr 2, 2011 12:02 AM
Apr 2, 2011 12:39 AM

Jul 2008
LOL Accelerator did a double-take when he saw a MILF
Apr 2, 2011 12:43 AM

May 2009
wheresthehandle said:
Teh fuck am I gonna do without Mikoto-chan :((((((((

There's still that OVA -- Shopping Mall Demonstration arc :D

and..
IndexFanboy214 said:

People ask for a railgun 2 but i say FUK THAT. Index 3 FTW.

wakka9ca said:
Anyway, this is the type of series you enjoy in retrospect...

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Apr 2, 2011 12:48 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
overall anime 8/10 . Most likely there will be third season . Cuz ending looked like there will be more...
Apr 2, 2011 12:55 AM

Feb 2009
entropy13 said:
LOL Accelerator did a double-take when he saw a MILF

As would I. Well, maybe I wouldn't move my gaze away in the first place. V:
Apr 2, 2011 1:24 AM

Feb 2010
the series have been really good since ep 17/18

cant believe it ends just NOW :<

makes me want to read the novel but... i hate to read.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

138 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.