Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 20, 2014 6:27 AM
May 2013
No ending huh?
I hope there will be a 2nd season because it was pretty good.
Jan 21, 2014 5:10 PM

Jan 2014
Enjoyed this anime alot, the mc's voice actor was perfect
Sad that there wont be a second season, i was hoping to see more of Tiir and i was curious as to what that mark on Ryner meant
Feb 12, 2014 7:52 PM

Mar 2008
Lol! I just got played. So much potential, all wasted. Terrible.
Feb 13, 2014 6:03 PM

Aug 2012
HogPlum said:
Lol! I just got played. So much potential, all wasted. Terrible.

It was pretty good till around 22-24
I wouldn't say it was all wasted though.
Feb 26, 2014 7:29 AM

Feb 2012
Its past 1am, finally finished the last episode... disappointed!! I'm not satisfied how they ended the series. Enjoyed everything except the last few episodes. So rushed, left things hanging.. This would be fine if there was a second season..... but nooooo!! Pissed!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 1, 2014 12:29 AM

Aug 2013
That's it ?!! Arghhhh... it was a great ride.
Mar 1, 2014 2:14 AM

Apr 2008
ahxiian said:
That's it ?!! Arghhhh... it was a great ride.

I highly recommend the novels. They do a whole lot more world building than teh anime not to mention that they skipped out a character that is key in later arcs.
Mar 22, 2014 8:16 PM

Jun 2012
Disgusting.

We're supposed to sympathize with Ryner but his backstory is mostly in the second half, and the show poorly syncs comedy and drama. One moment Ferris is agonizing over Ryner's disappearance but goes back to her belittling jokes when she sees him again, or when a deathly serious fight with the pink hair duo or Ryner's fight with his inner...something, they still act cheesy and destroys any tension the show is going for.

Not that the drama is flawless even without the mistimed humor. Sion's random servant guy's death weighs on his mind for a few episodes, but it's hard to care when their interplay is limited to one scene while the servant's background is a blurb. But this red shirt is harmless compared to the other characters who are either incomprehensible or handled poorly.

Did anyone actually believe the red haired girl's feelings for Ryner? I didn't. Did Captain Perky's tragic past not mesh with her bounciness shown immediately after? It sure didn't. The only worthwhile interplay the female characters have is red-haired girl and pink-haired king, and blue-haired girl and the Kazuma the Shell Bullet rip-off, if only because it shows some progression and stuck to that progression unlike a dango-obsessed swordswoman whose development is like a Ferris Wheel.

Speaking of Kazuma the Rip-off, his backstory is even more horrifying, and I don't mean that in the sense the writers intended. It's a past with no build-up to it, and the Black Kirby wannabe he detests ends up taking a back seat to another pink haired guy that was established to actually be pretty interesting (if only for keeping Shadow Frills in check), only for said interesting guy to be off-screened. I realize this show goes for the sorting algorithm of evil, but the least they could do is try to let some bad things sink in.

And that whole mess of Sion fighting his inner psyche is senseless. Is it just himself? Is there actually another side to him? The show never cares to explain, and I can't care either. And Ryner's sudden control over his Sharinga--er, I mean, Alpha Stigma makes even less.

The dialog is an even bigger mess. One moment the characters are talking in fantasy-appropriate dialog and the next moment they're talking in more normal dialog. This show suffers from a conversational identity crisis. The music itself is actually good, but has a weird habit of sometimes throwing guitar riffs into the scene, which clashes with the fantasy feel. And the animation is unremarkable, so there's not much eye candy to make up for...everything else.

The best thing I can say about this show is it takes itself seriously in the last quarter, but still not without its problems. The plot point about Ryner's parents is dropped, Ryner and Ferris are in the same bed for whatever reason, and the penultimate episode is such a mood whiplash it's nonsense.

Good grief. The more I describe this show the more I see how much it sucks. Taking a nap in prison is preferable to this. Sure it's boring, but at least it's not insufferable.
Mar 25, 2014 6:22 AM

Jul 2013
the epicness.. i can't handle it, awesome anime, i really enjoyed this \o/
Apr 13, 2014 8:00 AM

Sep 2009
They could have done this in 12 eps and do some kind a sequel in another 12 eps.
It is a really nice anime with a good story, good characters and most importantly it is mature.
Apr 19, 2014 6:17 PM

Nov 2012
8/10
this anime is seriously flawed (rushed pacing, disjoint narration, convoluted plot point), but I can't stop loving it, one of the few anime that I marathon 20 episodes a day

And I love how Ferris and Ryner's relationship develop

Will probably continue by reading Dai DenYuuDen novel
May 12, 2014 4:28 AM

Sep 2008
This was a fun show for quite some time.

First 22 episodes were not great but they had some nice fights, interesting point about hatred towards different people (maybe I'm thinking too much about that) and characters which all got some development.

Last 2 episodes were on-par with last 5 episodes of Gantz season 2. Just horrible, disjointed from the rest of the series, nonsensical and horribly rushed because they had to end somehow.
And then they ended with cliffhanger anyway. A bad one.

I wish backstory of his power got more time.
I wish his relationship with Ferris got more time (it was basically reduced to her making fun of him only to show her feelings when he's in danger, hardly development).
I wish Kiefer got more time, hell, they could've used Kiefer as infodump, she was exploring alpha-stigma, why not show her find something in the books which would explain Ryner.
I wish Sion transition from savior to madman got better explanation.
I wish Froaude played bigger role in last 10 or so episodes. He just went from being one of main plot movers to almost non-existant on the screen.

So much potential wasted here. This could've easily been one of my favorite shows in quite a while, instead it turned into complete mess.

I had it rated 6/10 until episode 23. Episodes 23 & 24 were garbage and not deserving that rating.

4/10, would probably increase rating if this ever got 2nd season.
Jul 3, 2014 3:12 AM
Dec 2012
Terrible ending.

The anime was very enteraining for the most part but the last couple of episodes were just terrible. Very disjointed and just started jumping all over the place, it was very confusing to me. I wish they would have just stuck to the tension between Roland and Gastark instead of trying to integrate a whole new plot, which again, is just very confusing and ultimately rushed
Aug 1, 2014 7:27 AM

May 2013
Great show with a bad ending. 8/10
Aug 21, 2014 6:28 AM

Sep 2013
Damn cliffhanger.

The last two episodes were really a drag but it was a pretty decent show overall. I know its very unlikely but I want ZEXCS to make second season. Im giving this an 8/10.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 28, 2014 4:19 PM

Aug 2013
I'm fairly confused because the last couple episodes lost coherency with the plot...
Aug 28, 2014 4:20 PM

Mar 2014
ErenxMikasa said:
I'm fairly confused because the last couple episodes lost coherency with the plot...
Read the LN, most of it gets explained in the sequel. A good portion are already translated on Baka-Tsuki.
Aug 28, 2014 4:46 PM

Aug 2013
mclovinballz said:
ErenxMikasa said:
Read the LN, most of it gets explained in the sequel. A good portion are already translated on Baka-Tsuki.

I probably will, part of the reason I blazed through the anime was cause I read the wiki page for Kiefer and I was looking forward to her rejoining Ryner, but that didn't get covered in the anime.
Nov 14, 2014 8:33 PM

Dec 2012
It was going in a good direction but the ending screwed everything up. If there was a second season perhaps this could be smoothed out, but as it is now I'd have to grade it as fine 6/10.
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
Dec 4, 2014 8:44 PM

Aug 2010
So...I really liked this series, but I feel like it wasn't really an ending and I don't see a second season so that sucks....guess I'll just have to read the manga then and hope that it shows what happens afterwards.
Dec 23, 2014 11:49 AM

Sep 2014
Love this show, but as their is no second season, this endidng was unsatisfied as fuck, to much left unresolved. The Show was build to good to end like this
Dec 27, 2014 5:41 PM
Jun 2012
Another moronic series.. I never start wathing , before reading comments. Idıots half series again. I dont understand how ppl like these series ..
DONT WATCH IF YOU DONT LIKE SUCK ENDING
Dec 27, 2014 7:50 PM

Dec 2007
completed. Need season 2. Kyup.
Feb 11, 2015 10:53 PM

Jul 2010
I really enjoyed this anime at times but the last couple of episodes were really confusing and disjointed. Wish there was a second season, i don't understand why they did not explain things better and wasted time on other stuff. But otherwise it was enjoyable.
Mar 12, 2015 2:29 AM

May 2008
The show was decent overall... aside from them running that 'ryner is a pedophilic womanizer' joke into the ground, then proceeding to beat that dead horse until there was nothing left but bones.

It even started to improve towards the end... and then the last four episodes happened. What a train wreck of storytelling. Sion's character completely flips in the last episode, and no one bats an eyelash.

Clough, who does his best to prevent casualties, is suddenly dutifully massacring civilians wholesale?
The same goes for half of the cast, who are shown merrily fighting alongside their batshit insane king. It was so out of character, and their reactions to it are as well. I wont even get into how bad the 'not yet' ending is. So much cheese in that last episode.

What a steaming pile. If a second season comes out, I'm going to watch it only so that I can enjoy Gastark beating Roland into the ground. Provided the first couple of episodes fair better than the last of season 1.
Mar 28, 2015 10:38 PM

Apr 2013
So you have 2 episodes left. For the second to last episode, you have a stupid birthday filler, and then for the last episode, you leave us on a giant cliffhanger, knowing perfectly well that you won't be continuing the series and the light novels still don't have English serials.

Trinity Blood had an excuse to end on a cliffhanger, and that's because the creator himself died before finishing the story. You guys could've at least given us some form of closure.

Sorry, I'm five years late and raging.
Apr 8, 2015 8:40 PM

Sep 2013
Fantastic characters and development, but the story was so out of sync. I feel like maybe it was just a bad adaptation, but there were more plotholes and missing answers than Bleach. And that's damn impressive. 6/10 and a generous portion of that is the characters.
Apr 29, 2015 11:04 AM

Jan 2013
Shitty anime. One big fat circle jerk thats why there is no season 2. The anime explains nothing in 24 wasted episodes.
May 17, 2015 11:42 PM

Jan 2010
I...I feel like I missed something. Kiefer showed up at the end, and Ryner didn't even bat an eye.
Aug 15, 2015 4:38 AM
Dec 2014
I was waiting for this anime to start making sense, but it never did. It had plenty of potential to be an epic fantasy story, but it never lived up to it.

Had I known better (and didn't trust MAL rating), I would have never started watching this watered down garbage.
Aug 26, 2015 3:56 PM
Sep 2014
What the actual fuck?
All fun and entertaining and then they push everything in last episode, and not even finishing it?
And it had so much potential to be one bad ass show with amazing story.
Sep 25, 2015 12:49 AM

Mar 2014
The Black Hero and the Lonesome Monster .
Conflict for Utopia .
Advance to the Ideal future .
The Dream that became Reality.
Destiny Legend . GREAT EPISODE .

Denzetsu . has a really huge potential to the nonetheless anti-climatic ending .
The Plot is a tremendous weapon of the animation . It's definitely unique .
Only if exercised completely . Honestly , It was a beautiful adaption .. except from the dark features of it but the splendent aspect make up for that . Though , unexpectedly It didn't felt right into the heart in it's fraud conclusions . It was a nearing climax . A bit of a cliffhanger if you patronalize it . So , I sincerely want this one thrusted into it's core .. just a sequel won't hurt anything .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2015 6:59 AM

Dec 2014
I only finish this anime because of Kiefer, Milk & berserk Ryner....

Disappointing series.... :(
Dec 26, 2015 11:39 PM

Jan 2015
Sion gave him purpose.. But he has lost his mind. So many armies. The army of the Alpha Stigma tho :O They do have the upperhand but Sion's monster creations do as well...
Jan 7, 2016 6:32 PM

Aug 2011
anyone no where can find the LNs. To continue where the anime left off? Anyone?
Jan 7, 2016 6:53 PM
Jan 2016
People that dont like the show only don't like because too much was left unsaid there needs to be another season because in the end this show was fantastic
Jan 18, 2016 6:36 PM

Oct 2010
hayka said:
anyone no where can find the LNs. To continue where the anime left off? Anyone?

The First season correspond to the fist novel Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu.

The sequel, Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu is being translated on baka-tsuki.
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Densetsu_no_Y%C5%ABsha_no_Densetsu

But if you want to read the first season, you won't be able since it was struck down for some DCMA.
Mar 7, 2016 1:32 AM

Mar 2011
What the actual fuck happen these 2 last episodes? went from super interesting and entertaining to Sion being kit high on Cocaine, LSD and Mushrooms. Went from 9 to 7,5. Never in the 300 animes i watched have i seen a so rushed ending.

Oh, and that one thing all the other people is saying, give a second season... To clean up the fuck up last 2 episodes.

Yes, i am not perfectly happy, no.
Apr 2, 2016 7:53 AM

Oct 2014
There was no ending
Not open or close
No ending at all
Jun 10, 2016 9:29 PM

Jul 2014
This ish was ass it jumps all around but never focuses on anything. Is it about building Roland? Hero relics? Or Alpha Stigmas? They should focused on one of these things instead of just touching on them and end up with a show with no purpose. So then they have to makeup something real quick at the end that made no sense.

P.S The comedy in this was some of the worse I have ever seen.
Jul 22, 2016 12:09 AM

Sep 2011
This series fell off so hard it in that it was a cliff in more than one meaning of the word. The series was extremely strong until around episode 20, then the execution of the story just tanked. Stuff stopped making sense and we got info dumped in a really poor way. A lot of stuff was left unexplained (outside of the fact that we we were left on a cliffhanger), and all of the characters drastically changed in an extremely unnatural way. It's like they skipped 75 chapters between episodes 18 and 21.

Looking back on the series as a whole it was all over the place. At first it was about this kickass, laid back magician that was going around collecting relics, then it does a weird flashback to him in jail for an episode or two, then it is about internal reform, then it is about warring nations, then it is about a ruler who goes mad and attempts to destroy everything. It tried to do so much that it ultimately failed to any one thing right.

With everything said I enjoyed the series (minus the last 4 episodes). It doesn't look like another season is in the works considering it's been years since this was released, but quite frankly I am ok with that. I lost interest in the characters by the end considering they were vastly different than they were at the start (and not in a good way), and the plot seemed to be going down an uninspired path.
Nov 1, 2016 3:18 PM

Feb 2016
Okay, so I just finished this.
And.
C'MON WHYDAFAK DOESN'T THIS HAVE A SECOND SEASON?!
I already started my rant here, but, seriously, how comes this doesn't have a second season/is more popular? The anime completely aside, the story alone is epic enough to keep it going. Like, together with FMA:B this has to be the only anime yet that I had to really really really really really enjoy. It has literally everything - A plot more complex than it seems, characters with depth, relationships with depth (All aboard the Ferris x Ryner ship, too, haha), everything!
And the anime itself isn't too shabby either - The animation was good (Yes, I know that some elitists on here are going to hate me for it, just as they're going to hate me when I say One Piece's animation is bad.), and the adaptation in general was, too - Even though I usually don't like comedy at all, they managed to put in just the right amount. The "goriness" of the scenes was done just right as well - Not gore/splatter, not rainbow-and-butterflies, but just the right amount of blood. The only bad thing I can see with the anime is its pacing, which is basically half the reason for my rant above. They could have dragged out so many of the scenes so much longer and filled at least 30episodes with this part of the story alone, not even considering that it is only the beginning (And, woah, what a beginning it is!).

So I ask again. Where the hell did they leave the second season. And why? I know that this is just my opinion, but I can't possibly fathom why this anime wouldn't be more popular. Seriously. (My standards for "good" may be a little lower than the average, but my standards for *really really really good* are above the average, too.)

(Is there a manga that continues where the anime left off? I honestly don't feel like reading a novel right now.)
;_;

Edit: ^Exactly what the dude/gurl above me said. The thing with this anime simply is that it delivered everything I was looking for. Everything but more of it.
Edit2: Nvm the post above me isn't the one I was referring to. Meant the last post on the first page.

Edit3: And I do understand some of the flaws people point out (Like the Pacing+End, which I find flawed myself), while I don't understand others (There was a review basically saying it was bad because it was too complex. Maybe it meant the last few episodes that left someone just way too damn confused? If so, I wouldnt call it bad. I would just call it "GIVE US A SECOND SEASON ASAP"). And yes, for those flaws I could give the anime probably something like an 8/10. But I'm sorry, the story just completely redeems all the flaws. For the sake of the epicness of the story I'm giving this a solid 10.
Edit4: Damn, I forgot. Binge-watching a series on the day some college applications are due may have been a bad idea.
Call-Me-CaptainNov 1, 2016 3:30 PM
Nov 6, 2016 1:45 AM

Dec 2014
The last two episodes...the shock which I have to suffer is same If I would have started watching this show directly from 23rd episode. New characters, another layer of mystery..further now its already 6 years since it was released...guess it's lot better to think of it as something that had the potential than most of the other crappy shows that get sequels...glad I watched it rather than to have watched some other completely flawed series ..

Dec 1, 2016 4:54 AM
Jun 2013
almost 7 years later still no 2nd season announcement.. guess the demand is not that good in Japan..

I enjoy this series... really need to have more of it...
Dec 4, 2016 11:25 AM
Apr 2008
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd
Fuck that
CLIFF HANGER................
6 years later.............
Jan 10, 2017 4:58 AM

Dec 2015
Final Verdict: FUCK DANGOOOOO!!!! This show made me hate this word SO much I can't stand it. 4/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 2, 2017 8:51 PM

Apr 2011
Lmao.. wtf was that ending 2017 still no s2... I'm done, stop animating ongoing series only to drop it half way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2017 3:35 PM

Jul 2016
Lol just finished this series at 2017 and find it REAL SUCKS by the fcking cliffhanger.. i mean c'mon... this story is epic and at the level like FMA or Hunterxhunter series

Let's do some amazing moves dude!
Apr 8, 2017 11:25 AM
Jan 2013
I personally enjoyed the series more so than others have here.

The complete lack of explanation was not an issue that hindered the overall enjoyment as the story was enough to follow until the final episodes approached where it was just a mess, nonetheless, it was fun to watch.

The tense moments where Ryner would go out of control and the aftermath that followed, although slightly overplayed, were really cool.

There was a large focus on Ryner and his struggle to understand what it means to truly feel alive and to belong after the enormous abuse and discrimination he has been mistreated to his entire life. The eventual breakdown of Sion and the burden he carries as king isolates him from others was also another point of focus. The emotional impact these scenes left struck some chords that hit home especially in the rain when Sion and Ryner fought.

Ironic as despite their differences, as Ryner became more acquainted with people, Sion became ever so lonelier.

Despite many people's qualms with some of the characters, none were truly terrible enough to justify bashing the series, they were just underdeveloped.

The moments between Feris and Ryner were 90% of the time comic relief and humor, which understandably grew tiresome after the dango joke was repeated the millionth time, but they were just that. There was never a point where I took the characters seriously during these moments and it maintained a decent balance as comic relief. Sadly though, the dango jokes took up a large chunk of time that could have better the show.

The ending was alright, I didn't feel as upset as I feel I should have because I genuinely enjoyed the series despite it's obvious shortcomings. The absurd power of the alpha stigma, the relationship between ferris and ryner, and the crumbling friendship between Ryner and Sion.

May 28, 2017 6:44 AM

Jan 2015
kinda BS episode...needed to watch in 4x speed to endure it......show started out strong ( 8/10 ) , then became good/mediocre at the middle { 7/10 } and the ending is another - to be continued bs.....I don't like it....characters horrible.....fillers annoying....generic designs in a fantasisque world.....total [ 5/10 ] - I will never recommend this to anyone, even to my sworn enemies.....Boku no Pico had better storytelling than this.....total garbage....
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Legend of the Legendary Heroes next season? ( 1 2 )

TheWitcher - May 19, 2012

72 by Hartm12 »»
May 14, 7:17 AM

» Second season of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes/Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu ( 1 2 )

EsPwnage - Mar 31, 2012

64 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 15, 9:02 PM

» What is the point of making Ferris so annoying?

CrackerSnatcher - Apr 19, 2020

11 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Apr 30, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MorningGlory - Nov 4, 2010

104 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 9, 2022 10:29 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2010

100 by DKDiabloLicht »»
Aug 18, 2021 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.