Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 20, 2013 5:40 PM

Dec 2012
Don't know if I should feel happy for Nagisa or sympathy for Tamao.
Oct 28, 2013 2:36 PM

Oct 2013
Wow iam really happy that iam not the only one that wants Tamao and Nagisa get together, till the very last minute i hoped and hoped that they get together even if it was REALLY obvious that Nagisa would have a Happy Ending with Shizuma. I feel so sad for Tamao. I like Tamao and Nagisa each one so much, that i hoped they would get together, not the just best friends thing! Best friends thing is always disappointing!

I felt sorry for Yaya the same way i did for Tamao. She is such a great personality and caring character, argh and now she is "alone" as well! Amane didn't even have an interesting Character like Shizuma had, so i wasn't happy with that.

And Chikaru was the coolest of all :D Maybe its because she wasn't depressive at any time and that she seemed to recognize every little problem (and helps out). She seemed to be the only girl that was straightforward haha.

But of course it was a great end for Shizuma, i don't know if she really deserved Nagisa, since it seemed kind of a replacement (And in the few firsts episode we got told she was having some affairs with other girls) Oh well. At least i want a Tamao-Nagisa and Yaya-Hikari Happy Ending Special.

The very last scene made me even more sad, we know it won't get good! maybe Tamao and Nagisa won't even see eachother again, like break up friendship :( Pretty mean ending!

Aww Tamao! xD

But wait Shizuma will be gone in the next year? hehe
Go Tamao Go! Yes iam sure the'll get together now ;p
Mar 2, 2014 12:16 AM
Dec 2013
Poor Tamao-chan. It's not fair, even Yaya is not alone as she sharing grief with Tsubomi.
Nevertheless, the "real" Shizuma without weltschmerz is nice.
Apr 5, 2014 5:50 AM

Aug 2010
I give a 3.5/4.3 for this episode, in reality this episode give me feeling of a bitter sweet ending, because etoile Shizuma had in reality already give up on Nagiza-chan, her last task was to made Nagiza-chan etoile. But you know how story's mostly must end, they need to end in a 'good ending'.

Also now Hikari-chan en Amane-san become etoile and in some way a this feel a little bit odd rotation of feelings.

My opinion is that this episode is a alternative ending of Strawberry Panic! In reality they had already give up on each other. Or they had to made the story better fit in the area of the silence relation between Nagiza-chan and Shizuma. So they could make this love ending more fitting, (I mean improve the relationship of them).

So you can ask you also a question, what happens at the end of Nagiza-Chan and Shizuma, this was really a cut of ending, maybe at the given moment it was a very beautiful emotion, but if you think about them future, then is is really cut of.

The 4.3 is because the emotion in this episode are very good, it depends on how your mood is.

You know Shizuma said, you will gained something if you become etoile, also she said that she will leave and can not help Nagiza all the schoolyears, so if Nagiza become etoile with Tamao-chan then they wil gain also something.

Overall I give this anime a 9.
EternalwishApr 9, 2014 9:10 AM
Apr 5, 2014 1:22 PM

Apr 2014
Honestly, I love love love the ending. I finished the series YEARS ago but I constantly find myself going back and just re-watching the last episode, because the scene in the chapel really gets me. When the Shizuma and Nagisa finally, finally, get together it just gets me so excited and emotional, even though I know its going to happen. The music gets me especially teary eyed at the end. In regards to all the other characters, I just love how they hinted at Yaya and Tsubomi, Amane and Hikari will of course be amazing etioles, tamao will be just fine, Rokujou looks so cute and proud after Shizuma leaves, and we have our fun loving Lulim girls staying with a smile. It was a great ending, although a bit rushed, and the series overall was pretty great. Sad to see it end, i'd love an ova or something.

Apr 17, 2014 11:01 PM
Apr 2014
I think I only truly enjoyed this anime from episode 19 onwards, and I love the ending as well as I was rooting for Shizuma and Nagisa to be together. They had a lot more chemistry between them than Nagisa and Tamao.

The only thing I won't miss is the choir singing though, that was actually quite a torture for me to watch and listen to! :P
Jun 1, 2014 4:43 AM

Jul 2013
Not the best of endings but it was a happy one at least :D

Shizuma confessing like that surprised me. I was expecting Nagisa to just run to her or something.

Poor Tamao but I'm glad Nagisa and Shizuma are finally together <3
Jul 1, 2014 4:58 AM

Nov 2010
To be honest, i didn't expect a good or satisfying ending but i gotta say, i'm pleased.

i'm kinda curious how is the rest of the story but i guess i have to leave it at this ending.

7/10 or maybe 7.5/10
Jul 24, 2014 9:45 PM

Dec 2012
I'm not really sure what to think of this ending. Although predictable it was still sweet, but it felt a bit crammed in. Not to say it was rushed. On the contrary, it did a decent job building up to Nagisa and Shizuma rekindling that passion in the past few episodes. But often times it's difficult to let that development and its effects on the rest of the cast sink in when a story ends with the start of the relationship. Luckily there was plenty of that throughout the rest of the show, but I don't feel like it left as great of an impact as if they had spent more time fleshing out the character's feelings on this final development.

As a whole I'm pleasantly surprised with how Strawberry Panic turned out. The first few episodes had me under the impression that it would just be heavy shoujo-ai with no substance so I'm glad that it actually delivered much more than that. I wish that this had spent a bit more time nurturing other relationships such as Yaya and Tsubomi, but I still enjoyed the ones it did bring to full fruition.

I don't usually factor this into my score but the production quality was fairly mediocre and the inclusion of countless stills made me zone out a number of times.

Going to say a 6/10, it was decent and certainly enjoyed it for what it was but it was lacking and fell short too much for me to consider any higher.

Oh and going to vouch for Chikaru as the best character. Her and the transformation club rocked.
Aug 2, 2014 5:53 AM

Feb 2014
Finally done with this show and I'm not very satisfied with this ending. I was never a fan of Shizuma to begin with. She was a bland and almost a Rei Ayanami clone, was like a manipulative sociopath when she randomly "fell in love" with a number of girls for her own selfish reasons, but when they didn't fit her criteria, she just discarded them. However, I wouldn't have particularly cared about any of that if there was any substance in Shizuma and Nagisa's relationship. There was no chemistry between them. We were told, and they told each other that they're in love, but I never saw it.

As a whole though, it sometimes got overly melodramatic and soap opera-ish, but I enjoyed it. Probably never going to rewatch it, though lol.

And yeah, sucks for Yaya and Tamao. But Yaya and Tsubomi seem to be bonding through their mutual grief, so that could lead to Yaya x Tsubomi, which is fine by me. And what was that look Hikari gave Yaya when she winked at her? Was she feeling guilty for Yaya as a friend, or does she have feelings for her too beyond just friendship?
VhailorAug 2, 2014 6:01 AM
Aug 4, 2014 6:10 PM

Dec 2012
Well,I started this two years ago when I began to watch yuri animes, but never finished. A week ago I decided to start this from the beggining, today I finished.
I liked the end ( I cried, I have to confess). It was a happy ending for the main couples. But I felt really bad for Yaya and Tamao ;; Too see the loved ones parting with others, it's pretty harsh.
But yes I saw something too between Yaya and Tsubomi.
"In a world without gold, we might have been heroes"
Oct 11, 2014 8:23 PM

Sep 2014
Yay, Shizuma and Nagisa are finally together <3. Poor Tamao though, but she knew Nagisa loved Shizuma, and I feel like this ending would help her in the long run so she gets over Nagisa sooner than later. But yeah, when she took off that ribbon and pushed her away...heartbreaking.

I liked the series as a whole, but I only really liked the story between Shizuma and Nagisa. I found myself bored with the Hikari and Amane story. The Kaori portion was really well done even though the whole "ex lover is dead" thing isn't exactly original. But there were also some overly dramatic or stupid or annoying parts in the anime like AMANE FALLING OFF 'DAT HORSE IN 'DAT FASHION, or an entire episode dedicated to finding a darn umbrella, lmao.

7/10. I was entertained, and the ending was happy (not for NagisaxTamao shippers though :( )

And yes, Chikaru and her rascals were awesome. I lol'd @ the frozen eskimo girl

P.S. how the HECK did the snow melt so fast? I guess Shizuma and Nagisa's love was too hot LOL
Nov 7, 2014 11:53 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
SaveTheAralSea said:
Yay, Shizuma and Nagisa are finally together <3. Poor Tamao though, but she knew Nagisa loved Shizuma, and I feel like this ending would help her in the long run so she gets over Nagisa sooner than later. But yeah, when she took off that ribbon and pushed her away...heartbreaking.

I liked the series as a whole, but I only really liked the story between Shizuma and Nagisa. I found myself bored with the Hikari and Amane story. The Kaori portion was really well done even though the whole "ex lover is dead" thing isn't exactly original. But there were also some overly dramatic or stupid or annoying parts in the anime like AMANE FALLING OFF 'DAT HORSE IN 'DAT FASHION, or an entire episode dedicated to finding a darn umbrella, lmao.

7/10. I was entertained, and the ending was happy (not for NagisaxTamao shippers though :( )

And yes, Chikaru and her rascals were awesome. I lol'd @ the frozen eskimo girl

P.S. how the HECK did the snow melt so fast? I guess Shizuma and Nagisa's love was too hot LOL

Agree with most you have said, the story wasnt original or unpredictable, but if you enjoy the characters and ships, it is a very enjoyful ride.
Jan 15, 2015 3:08 AM

Aug 2013
It was a decent ending.

Some of it felt a bit rushed. Like Shizuma was sitting in her room wallowing naked for like 3 episodes, then all of a sudden walks around angry the entire episode and just runs back and screams I LOVE YOU!!! But at least the intense kiss at the end was great.

We got a bunch of ships that sailed too. Obv Nagisa and Shizuma, and Amane and Hikari, and even the antagonist girls got back together.

I'm a little conflicted about how I feel towards Tamao and Yaya. On one hand, yes it was extremely sad to watch them love someone and not get any feelings back. And it was even worse because it's not like they confessed and just went back to being friends. They had to constantly have the love of the other person crammed down their throats.

On the other hand, they really didn't do much to express their love anyway. Yaya stuck her tongue down Hikari's throat, and titty raped her, but that was it. She never actually confessed her love or tried to talk to her about it in any way. Same with Tamao. She acted kind and compassionate, but never tried to pursue Nagisa and never confessed (that shit when she was sleeping doesn't count at all). It's like, how can you be upset that your feelings were never heard when you never spoke the fuck up? They both had plenty of time to try and make a move before their girls were going after other people full time.

Also, everyone really seemed to want to ship Tamao x Nagisa. I really didn't like that ship from the get go. When you think about it, Tamao was alone for like 3 years so she was desperate for anybody's attention. Hell, she fell in love with Nagisa while she was sleeping in the nurse's office. It just seemed more of an obsession with the first friend she's ever had more than anything else. Honestly, if Nagisa was replaced with some 400 pound sweaty fat girl, Tamao probably still would be all over her, simply because she was there.

I was actually surprised with how much yuri fanservice there was in this show. Like the first couple episodes we get some like teasers, and I'm thinking "greeaaat, that's how this is going to be". Then before long, we had full on kissing, multiple implied sex scenes with antagonist couple, plus bath scenes. Naked scenes with Shizuma x Kaori, and Amane x Hikari as well. Add on the little scenes in between and this was a yuri heavy show done right.

Overall I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a shame it's old enough that nobody cares too much about it anymore. I watched the DVD version but I can only imagine how fantastic this would look re-mastered in 1080p BD.....1080p Shizuma boobs. And 1080p best girls Chikaru and Kagome. mmmmmm.
Jonesy974Jan 15, 2015 3:14 AM
Jan 15, 2015 5:54 AM

Jan 2013
I loved how it ended, happy for the main pairs. I'm sorry for Tamao and Yaya, but that's the beautiful thing with shipping; everyone can have a happy ending with some imagination <3

Thing is though, I wonder what the significance of the ending after the credits was.

I know it doesn't make sense, but what if it signifies Nagisa and Shizuma being separated for good? Or, does it mean really nothing, and they did it just to signify Tamao's heartbreak and the friendship between Nagisa and Tamao which is now a bit awkward.

It's just because the series was so good that I wanna know what happens to them after the fact ;~; Dammit, why'd it have to end D'x

I personally like to think Tamao forgives Nagisa, and the two mend their friendship. However, at the same time with Nagisa being visited on occasion by Shizuma, with Tamao and Yaya ending up together <3
People who call other people stupid are usually even more stupid than them. But, I'm stupid so I'll say it anyway! YOU'RE STUPID
I am not weird, you are weird. To be weird is to be different, and we are all different. Therefor, everyone is weird. People just like to falsely believe that they are normal. People who deny being weird are true weirdos.
Jan 18, 2015 11:56 PM

Feb 2014
Yaya and Hikari? NO
Nagisa and Tamao? NO

Man...This was painfull to watch..!

Many things so forced that I thought I was gonna get crazy....

--Nagisa and Shizuma -> Seriously... these two have NOTHING to do with each other. I didn't see ANY reason to justify them to be together. It's like: "pick up a person.. oh! and now pick up that one crossing the street.. DONE! we have a couple!" - And more, Shizuma is not "free" from her first love Kaori.... Well done! now Nagisa, your objective is to make Shizuma forget her first love! "Ganbatte"! And be careful to her do not call you of 'Kaori' again!
*Tamao... what they did with you?! I feel so bad for you, because I really like you, I feel so bad for you that my heart won't stop aching; I feel bad because I can't do nothing to ease your pains. You didn't deserve that, definitely, you deserve much, much more...

--Hikari and Amane -> Of course! Hikari had to fall in love (as many others fell) for Amane on her white horse, for no reason, just as in a fairy tale! C'mon... and Amane on the other hand had to fall in love for Hikari... because Hikari is very diferent from all the other girls that like/love the respectful Amane.. and to get better, Hikari does not has anyone that is in love with her... has? Yaya...? -.-" PS.: Hikari and Amane as Etoile.. What?! I can't see it happening....

In addition: X is in love about Y;
Y is in love about Z and Z about Y;
Y asks things to X - knowing X feelings for her [Y] - that obviously will "touch" X feelings, like: "Please, tie my hair with this tape" or "sing for me" or "dont leave me". AFF C'mon!!!

And More: Nagisa always going to places (even not wanting to meet her) that has 90+% to meet Shizuma, and when Shizuma (obvious) appears Nagisa makes a surprise face: "Etoilet-sama.... S2", in other words: "You're here..?! Can't believe! How surprise!" ---- C'mon.... -.-"

The best for me were: Chikaru and her gang (Kizuna, Natsume and Kagome) plus Tsubomi. Oh..! and I also liked (and still likes) Yaya.

And thinking better, Yaya and Tamao "easily" accepted their loves (Hikari and Nagisa) staying with another person (Amane and Shizuma)... they're strong, no? After all, let's just be friends and it's OK! I don't need to touch you, to kiss and etc.. because there is another person doing it for me... so it's OK! I can be happy living with you just being a friend and with a smile on my face. =)

And that end..? The confession..? LOL! Out of the blue
In short, what pissed me of is, repeating: Many things so forced that I thought I was gonna get crazy....

as an OVERALL: 6/10
TechOtakuMay 2, 2015 11:02 AM
Feb 20, 2015 7:15 PM

Jun 2012
Poor Tamao. :(
It's especially hard to see her suffer because she has glorious Sachi voice. Yaya too. Tamao and Yaya were my 2 fav characters, sucks to see them shafted like they were. Nagisa/Hikari have poor taste. At least my other fav Chikaru got out unscathed.

On the plus side I didn't really dislike any characters. I liked Shizuma, just less than Tamao. And Amane was boring but did nothing to make me dislike her. Nagisa/Hikari have poor taste, but are fundamentally good people so I liked them overall despite being a little dull. I find I don't dislike many characters in girl-only anime. Probably because the lack of guys mean any wrongdoings are perpetrated against other girls, which means the writers can't get away with brushing it off. People that do bad things are portrayed as in the wrong, in this case Kaname and Momomi. I don't like them as people, but I don't mind them as characters since they're actually portrayed as bad for what they do, and go through a little development. This is in stark contrast to say tsunderes from het romance anime, where no matter what they do they're portrayed as sympathetic/cute because they have a pretty face and who cares about that main guy anyway amirite. Therefore making them both awful people and awful characters. So:

+ Likeable cast overall
+ Antagonists are actually presented as such
- Poor Tamao/Yaya :/ (bias)
- Dragged out and melodramatic
- Some strange character motivations
- Some just ridiculous scenes

6/10.
Apr 6, 2015 4:16 PM

Sep 2014
Mmmmm, oh! It's finally over? Took me 4 days to watch 26 episodes because I kept dropping SP in boredom. I greatly dislike just dropping anime/manga, though, so I kept picking it back up.

I will applaud this episode, and the episode where Nagisa broke her promise to Tamao and ate their lunch with Shizuma, for doing something that none of the other 24 episodes managed, and that's elicit some emotion from me, and that was anger and disgust on behalf of Tamao.

I disliked Nagisa AND Shizuma and even now I simply do not understand their love for each other. It's the weakest "romance" I can recall ever seeing.

Feel horrible for Tamao. She was actually the only main character that I liked. Though I kind of liked Ayame and Chikaru, a bit.
CasyleApr 6, 2015 4:28 PM
Apr 22, 2015 1:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I refuse to accept this ending. Tamao pretty much got buried and tossed aside like she was nothing. Tamao spent so many months waiting to get a roommate and they never showed up. Then Nagisa shows up, and it makes Tamao happy. Now she no longer feels lonely, eventually she develops feelings. But nope, Nagisa falls for Shizuma, who didn't see Nagisa that often.

Man poor Tamao, she deserved better. It was just tear jerking to see Tamao let go of Nagisa. At least Yaya let go of Hikari and felt happy afterward, but Tamao was left with nothing. Her feelings won't be able to blossom into romance.

Predictable ending, cheap win for Spica.
It was melodramatic, forced emotions imo at times and well, predictable.
6/10

Sep 21, 2015 5:25 AM

Nov 2014
Oh my my. This series has actually gave me some sort of feelings.
There have been other series that has had a tendency to do this to me. it gets me right in the heart. I had to scream out "goal" in the end, when Shizuma and said to nagisa" i love you!" Can we just rejoice in the fact that, the couples that were meant to be together are as they should be. I am so happy. they're really special. and knows, probably down the road a little ways, Tamao will be there waiting for Nagisa, just like she always is. If things between her and shizuma don't work out. Now. i'm not saying that they will fight or break up, it is likely that they won't. Shizuma has the other half to her heart. She can feel and be whole again. herself. And I feel rather pleased that Hikari and Amane win the election. It's finally good to have something beautiful and wonderful happen to them, they honestly deserved it. after all through half of this series some pretty nasty shit has happened to them both.
Sep 21, 2015 6:22 AM

Aug 2014
dominik said:
i think the end was i bit rushed. i would like to know what happens with tsubomi+yaya-chan, how nagisa reacts when shizuma finishes school and what happens to poor tamao-chan -_-
recordtanktop said:
Tamao might be able to hook up with someone else.
ShadowOfWar said:
I personally like to think Tamao forgives Nagisa, and the two mend their friendship. However, at the same time with Nagisa being visited on occasion by Shizuma, with Tamao and Yaya ending up together <3
Much as I like the Tamao/Yaya, I see too much between Yaya and Tsubomi at this point. But why does everyone seem to forget about Chiyo-chan~? I'll nudge her toward Tamao anyday! ^.^

I am so, so glad that Shizuma didn't turn into another Sonoda Mitsuki (tho that's not all bad if you think about it) or Amawa Hibiki (AUUUUGH). I also have to agree with a few people's commentary that the final ep seemed a bit rushed and a few storylines in the middle dragged out un-necessarily, kinda like StrikerS but with less issue at the end - StS had, like, four eps' worth (or was it only three?) of "rushed ending" since the final event took that long to cover and really should've taken at least half an ep more.

Did I miss an explanation somewhere, or was this just not explained: Why exactly would Nagisa being with Shizuma cause problems with Nagisa being Ètoile, or vice-versa? That's what I'm really having trouble with in terms of suspense. The chars are certainly acting like there's a critical problem, but wtf is it?

Shizuma gave up on Nagisa?
Bullshit.
She may have been bullshitting herself, and she may even have convinced herself it was true, but it was still bullshit. Neither of them ever really gave up on their relationship, however much they may have put on that they did.

Just a few hours before watching that final ep, I came to a conclusion about Shizuma that I would've stated to someone had I been part of that world and privy to the necessary information - and this is going to be rather metaphysical, so feel free to ignore it if you've no taste for such things: When Kaori died, so did Shizuma in a nonphysical sense, and parts of their souls swapped places so that a new Shizuma was "born" that lost some of her familiar personality-traits and incorporated some of Kaori's in their place. It's not the first time I've seen or heard of such a phenomenon. Now, Miyuki either fails or refuses to recognize this, embarking on a near-Quixotic quest to bring Shizuma back to her old self.

Miyuki's the one I really feel sorry for here. Tamao to an extent, sure, but she has options. Where can Miyuki turn? ...O wait, she's victim of an omi-ai. Another Noda Kotone, ack. Can some sort of rescue be effected? Chikaru, you're the student president - do something! >:O

Looks like Momomi and Kaname made up, phew. And Amane's accident really was an accident? Wow, okay then. Seems a bit farfetched, but at least I don't have more reason to hate on Momomi. Hopefully they'll stop messing people about now.

Am I the only one who noticed the cotinuity-error with Nagisa's ribbon? Hikari mentions that Ètoile candidates are required to wear a ribbon of their school's colour, which we see confirmed in the next scene as Tamao ties Nagisa's hair with one.

But then, not even in the next scene but in the very-next cut, the animators forgot this fact and it went back to her usual red, as seen later on when Tamao pulls it off of her.

Upon further reflection, this would've made that scene more meaningful, signifying her leaving the Ètoile race.

So, yes, the series had its deficiencies - most notably, it never made me squee that I can recall. :> Tho the younger ones came close at times, particularly Hikari and Kagome. Leaving aside my exhortation toward Chikaru earlier, I'd ship her with Kagome all day long. Hnnng. Anyway, I'm thinking a 7/10 here, pending a quick look at my list - I know how I'm comparing it to other series; I just can't remember for sure how I rated those series. XD
DuneflowerSep 21, 2015 6:30 AM
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Oct 9, 2015 8:52 AM

Jul 2013
I watched it this morning, finished the whole thing in to two weeks.

I do like Tamao don't get me wrong, she's a nice girl but I think I prefer Nagisa with Shizuma and I am glad that after sort of breaking up for reasons I still don't get, because people told them that Shizuma went in to the Etoile ceremony and declared her love for Nagisa.

I thought her bursting in like that was like when people do that at weddings and it was so beautiful and sweet! I'm glad she did and Tamao told her to go to her.

I love them together, I was surprised not to see at the end the pair naked as a lot of others have been shown after just having sex. At the end after a make out session with Shizuma in the forest or whatever she went back to her dorm with Tamao on the other side of the door. It says on Wikipedia they did consummate their relationship but in every other case they showed them clearly naked after but not in this. So I'm not sure.

I was actually kind of expecting Nagisa and Tamao to become the next Etoile but it was Amane and Hikari. I like them too though so I am glad.

I really loved the ending and glad I did decide to watch the show. I nearly didn't, I wasn't sure and glad it was on Viewster.

I only wish there had been a second season! I wonder what Nagisa would have done when Shizuma had graduated and left. I hope they would still go out but would Shizuma live in her cottage and let Nagisa live with her or what? I wish that would be the case.
stephtastropheOct 9, 2015 9:02 AM
Oct 22, 2015 9:37 PM

Feb 2013
Once again Chikaru is best girl.

Poor Tamao....and Yaya.....ugh.....sad.

Anyway, it was a good series overall, a bit overly dramatic at times, and I feel like there was just a very large amount of ardent love for lesbianism in a christian school lol. But I digress.

7/10
unmemorableheroOct 22, 2015 9:51 PM
Oct 25, 2015 4:26 PM

Sep 2015
So in the end (I think after the credits) you see Tamao and Nagisa on either end of the door to their dorm room. Does that mean Shizuma broke Nagisa's heart again? Is she just visiting? They never explained it at least in the anime. Honestly the fact that it left me hanging kinda ruined the show for me 'cause that's a massive pet peeve of mine. I'd give it a 9/10 if it wasn't for that lack of explanation. However it will sit at 7/10 due to fact that they left it at that. Not to mention Tamao was waaay better for Nagisa in my opinion. To me the only reason Shizuma loved Nagisa was because she was a replacement for Kaori. Tamao loved Nagisa for who she is. But since Nagisa loved Shizuma, Tamao was doomed to be forever alone.
Aoi_YuiOct 25, 2015 4:50 PM
Oct 25, 2015 4:39 PM

Aug 2015
None of the final hook ups were to my liking; I saw that coming since half way through the series, but still hoped for a different outcome.
Nov 20, 2015 9:00 PM

Dec 2013
dominik said:
overall a great anime imo (score 9). i think the end was i bit rushed. i would like to know what happens with tsubomi+yaya-chan, how nagisa reacts when shizuma finishes school and what happens to poor tamao-chan -_-

I don't see how people can rate this show this highly or why it was 26 episodes long. I watched it primarily because I have watched a few other yuri shows that weren't too bad. This show was supposed to be more realist than others like Sakura Trick. I realize at an all girls school for the wealthy who are just waiting to graduate to enter arranged marriages this is their 1 shot at having love they choose but come on, it is still a Catholic school there is no way everyone would be supportive of the rampant lesbianism in this show. That and others describe it as near hentai to which I saw what are you talking about. The show was slow, the characters were 1 dimensional, and very predictable I even knew Amane was going to get hurt. I'm sorry but this show was worse than an average romance the only reason it gets any attention is merely due to the fact it is yuri.
Dec 12, 2015 11:08 PM

Dec 2012
Throw best-friends under the bus for that sexy, hot cougar! The Anime.
Dec 14, 2015 3:30 PM

Nov 2015
In Strawberry Panic, you're either a Shizuma fan or a Tamao fan. This show ends with a victory to Team Shizuma, of which I am a proud supporter of. While Nagisa x Shizuma was an inevitability, I still think that the ending and everything leading up to it did the show justice. I thought that Shizuma was too late. In a lot of drama/romance shows, the love triangle is generally resolved when the person who spurned their loved one realizes that they truly love them and proclaim their love, only to get shot down for hurting them previously. I thought this was true for Strawberry Panic, that Shizuma would be too late to realize her true feelings but it worked out for them, and it worked out for me. Tamao and Yaya get my sympathy as they're the only ones who really don't get their happy ending which sucks but it gives a realistic aspect to the show, and how not everybody can have their happy ending. I think the show went out on a high note, but there definitely is some questions that haven't been answered.

unmemorablehero said:
Once again Chikaru is best girl.

You're not even wrong, dude.
Oct 30, 2016 11:35 PM

Feb 2016
I'm a little confused as to why so many people were heartbroken over the ending. Maybe I missed some things, but I was 100% sure throughout the whole show that Nagisa was going to end up with Shizuma. There were so many threads left by the writing that it would be hard not to follow them to this ending.

-For one, Nagisa was the one who brought Shizuma out of the slumber. Ever since episode 1, Shizuma had an undeniable attraction to her.
-Nagisa as well developed feelings for Shizuma half way throughout the show and it was very clear that she wanted to be with her.
-Her running away from Shizuma in the cabin proved that even further. She cared so much that she feared hurting Shizuma.
-Even the preparation for the dance, only Shizuma could make Nagisa feel as though she can dance.
-Tamao herself showed that she cared about Nagisa's happiness far more than her own, which is why she always helped Nagisa even in pursuing Shizuma.

I can see why people would want Tamao and Nagisa to be together. Tamao is very cute, she loves Nagisa very much, she's very loyal, and quite earnest. But the problem with a Tamao and Nagisa pairing is that I did not see a single hint of Nagisa being even remotely interested in Tamao. Whenever Tamao displays extreme affection for Nagisa, Nagisa tends to brush it off as rather going too far. I have no doubt that she loves Tamao as a friend, but there are no moments I can point to where she shows any interest in Tamao as more than a friend.

It would be a great twist, for sure. The whole time we are led to believe that Nagisa and Shizuma will end up being together, but then near the end, Nagisa chooses Tamao. But in order to pull that off, they would need to first plant the seed of a romantic relationship between Tamao and Nagisa, which once again, I don't think ever happened. This would have had to been done several episodes prior to the end, perhaps after Nagisa leaves Shizuma at the cabin even.

But at the current state of the show, there is no way I would accept a Tamao and Nagisa ending, it just wouldn't make sense. Think about the implications of the actual ending. We still know Nagisa hasn't resolved her inner struggle over Shizuma and we have no prior hint of her considering a relationship with Tamao. So they dance, Shizuma bursts in declaring her love for Nagisa, but Nagisa rejects her. Why? Why would she do that?

Apr 15, 2017 10:56 PM
Apr 2017
An amazing ending to an amazing series. I was (figuratively) on the edge of my seat. I only feel sad for Tamao. I was very conflicted on whether I like a Nagisa and Tamao couple, or a Nagisa and Shizuma couple. The thing I want to most regarding the series and the end of it (being this episode), is more. I want more. What happens after this? Each and every character's lives. The new couples, and old ones. I just wish there was more.

It is unfortunate that it has been eleven years since this show aired. It seems that none of us will get more, but we will only desire it.
May 16, 2017 11:36 PM

Jun 2015
Despite the fact that I am not a fan of the inevitable final pairings (as many have already said), I ended up giving this show a 9/10. Just looking at it as a Yuri show and putting personal feelings aside, it does a lot of things very, very well. I think the pacing was good, I enjoyed the drama quite a bit, and though the animation is not always fantastic I like the character designs of the main girls.

The fact that I even had personal feelings says something, really, since I almost never care about "pairings" or who should be with who. Not sure what it is about this show in particular that got me to finish 26 episodes in 2 nights, but I can't deny I really enjoyed it. Even though I knew Tamao was doomed by the time episode 16 or so rolled around... *sigh*

Anyway, glad to have finally watched the Yuri show I was "supposed" to have watched a long while ago lol and here's to hopefully more and more great Yuri in the years to come!
Jun 26, 2017 2:44 AM
Jun 2017
I must know the name of the last song played before the ending of the final episode of Strawberry Panic
Aug 6, 2017 8:46 PM
Sep 2015
I really like the show, ended up giving it a 9.
Definitely made me tear up, probably cried for like, a full 24 hours. I felt like all the pairings made sense, since in all of them they actually loved each other instead of a one directional love (like tamao x nagisa and yaya x hikari), despite obviously still feeling bad for the people that were left alone. Sometimes even though you love someone, you have to let them go and let them be happy with who they love, unfortunately, not everyone gets a happy ending (well, no one says both yaya and tamao wont get their happy endings one day :) ).

I also think it made sense for hikari and amane to end up as etoile, since, well, we all saw how much they loved each other.

I do kinda wish i could see how nagisa x shizuma relationship ends up developing after shizuma graduates, but i dont mind imagining it on my own. Also thought they would get a naked aftersex scene, but they, i really loved their kiss, so...

One thing that i def have to complain about previous episodes is that the second ed just kept breaking the mood :S And i have to agree that the amounts of lesbian girls on that school was pretty high, tho, i wouldn't say unrealistic (if you check some studies around 15% of women had same sex sexual experiences, so... if the schools had 1000 people, that would mean 150 people). Still thought it was funny that the etoile is pretty much going to be the best lesbian couple :P

Anyways, i definitely enjoyed watching it and it was entirely worth the experience.

(note, this was actually the first yuri anime that i watched, and i really appreciated the fact that they actually showed the pairs kiss... )
Nov 18, 2017 8:58 AM

May 2016
Hm, I did enjoy the anime for the most part.
But isn't it kind of ironic, that the only relationship with actual development is "Kaname x Momomi"? Like seriously, the rest was just predictable as hell from the first few episodes. That's why I'm disappointed by the end.

And on top of that, actions of many characters didn't make any sense, like this unnecessary "love at first sight"-crap.

Well, I mean, at least "Nagisa x Shizuma" was pretty authentic IMO. This one also had some twists, making it interesting.
Dec 3, 2017 9:30 PM

May 2017
This was my first fan-subbed anime back in late 2006, so fond memories. My first yuri anime as well. Looking back, pretty trash title, but it has a certain appeal.
Jan 28, 2018 8:08 AM
Dec 2013
At least Tamao knew she lost and accepted it with grace. Yaya went out kicking and screaming the whole way.
Apr 11, 2018 3:37 PM
Apr 2018
Well I watched the whole day and completed on one day, and I feel teh time was well spent.

Really liked the ending but I just felt it was bit rushed. It was my 2nd Yuri Show after Citrus and I don't have any complains. A

It's a real masterpiece and it's fun to re-watch too. A bit of time skipof what might have happened after Shizuma Graduates would be welcomed but again no complains on the ending.
One of the best Yuri Anime according to me.
Apr 18, 2018 5:20 PM
Apr 2017
I agree with everything you said here.
Apr 22, 2018 8:57 AM

Mar 2017
After watching this I had to check my sexuality because my heart was beating like crazy till the last episode whenever there are Nagisa and Shizuma moments. I really love the two of them and their KISS!!!!!!

but..
I really feel sorry for Tamao ;w; she's such a great friend and she still hasn't told Nagisa her feelings still but she is forced to give up and accept the fact that her love will be unrequited.

one of the best yuri anime ever!!
redMaryy said:

I do kinda wish i could see how nagisa x shizuma relationship ends up developing after shizuma graduates, but i dont mind imagining it on my own. Also thought they would get a naked aftersex scene, but they, i really loved their kiss, so...

SAMEEEEE I ALSO WISH THAT. I was hoping that they would show us what happened to their relationship after graduating because ldr is really hard.

AND THE NAKED AFTERSEX SCENE. YESSSS!! AMEN TO THAT BUT SADLY WE DIDNT GET ONE.... too bad ;w;

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Aug 30, 2018 10:04 AM

Jun 2017
Just finished it today. My favourite moment was when Shizuma declared her love for Nagisa in front of everyone. I had to replay that scene a few times. How she stormed in there like a queen and said "I love you". It was so good. I'm glad they ended up together. Some people might have wanted Tamao x Nagisa but Nagisa never felt that way about her. Her one true love was always Shizuma. They had great chemistry together and their kiss in the end was perfect.
I do feel bad for Tamao though since I've been in the same situation as her before. In love with my best friend but that said friend being in love with someone else. I can tell you, it's hard letting go but not impossible. In the end you just feel happy that your loved one is happy even if you're not the cause of that happiness. I'm sure Tamao ended up feeling the same as me in the end, hence why she pushed her towards Shizuma. She knew Nagisa could never be as happy with her as she would be with Shizuma. So I would've done the same thing were I in her situation. It hurts but you get used to that pain and eventually are able to overcome it and get over it.
Also can I just comment on how beautiful Shizuma looks. Her design is amazing. Every time I saw her on screen my breathing got hard. I can completely understand why Nagisa froze up every time Shizuma gazed at her in the beginning.
Oct 15, 2018 6:11 PM

May 2016
I thought the ending was a happy one after quite a sad couple of episodes prior to episode 26, like watching Shizuma struggle. I’m glad the anime ended the way it did, and I cried like a baby that it was over.

I just wish there was an OVA or season 2, sigh T_T
Jan 27, 2019 2:36 AM

Jan 2015
The way Chikaru glanced at Tamao after Shizuma ran off with Nagisa while the rest of the council was too focused on the latter...Chikaru in a nutshell, the very perceptive and selfless cool big sis who never faltered. I felt really bad for Tamao since she truly loved Nagisa but only wished to see her happy, Yaya did confess to Hikari about "singing to reach her heart" and so Hikari understood Yaya's feelings but couldn't return them. Miyuki obviously holds great feelings for Shizuma that were never expressed, but after graduation will be married off to someone she doesn't even know. Overall, very bittersweet ending for me, but it was done well.
Feb 15, 2019 6:40 AM

May 2018
All I can say is: Amane and Hikari <3
-----After Amane recovers from her amnesia, the next morning she and Hikari are shown waking up together, having just made love and looking utterly blissful-----
Feb 28, 2019 7:42 AM
May 2018
This anime really fucked up Yaya. Poor girl :(
May 19, 2019 11:52 PM
Jun 2014
“There is much else; the wonderful sense of captivity in a squalid apartment an of the beauty of the evening, although much of the chords struck seem to lie close to insanity. Anxiety, that is – confinement, and so forth” – The Journals of John Cheever (1991)

In the same way, the whole thematic concentration of “Strawberry Panic” tries to understand the physicality absence in unrequited love. The way the anime visualizes the sense of emotional entrapment/separation can be seen through visual metaphors: two students trapped amongst one another in a room for the rest of their education, the flowers within the greenhouse that never experience actual rain, and the fourth wall that already exists between the audience and the characters themselves. Within the start of the first episode, the audience begins to see how fate begins to work right away when Nagisa and Tamao are separated on opposite sides of the gate when it was the curfew of the dormitory. This establishes the struggle throughout the anime in how Tamao’s love for Nagisa would never come into fruition regardless of her own attempts and actions: locking Nagisa in the nursing room just to be with her, walking together with Nagisa every time it rains, recording Nagisa’s own screams each time she scared her, and refusing to tell Nagisa the truth about Kaori’s death. There are some arguments about how corruptive Shizuma was towards Nagisa. However, the “corruptive nature” argument fits more with Tamao because she was in denial of the truth of her own feelings and attempted to force herself to be more with Nagisa. In the second episode, Tamao writes in her own poem about how “the cold wintery light…leaves her in tears [and] illusion.” If Tamao was the one who was alone before Nagisa came to the dormitory, then the only reason why she latches onto Nagisa because she does not want to be alone, hence her own “illusion” of the one-sided love on Nagisa. In one instance during the post-credits at Episode 6, Tamao compliments on how “appealing Nagisa is,” but there is an unending pause that the audience faces after that statement. The fundamental flaw in Tamao’s character that the normalized “friendly” behaviors are forcing love that never even existed in the first place. Taking all of this in, the final scene in the last episode depicts that sense of separation between Nagisa and Tamao that existed all along. It’s both sad and ironic that both Nagisa and Tamao can break the fourth wall (ep. 13) but can’t even break the wall between them.

As a side note, Tamao was never really the “Don Jose” from ‘Carmen,’ which foreshadowed the tragedy in a tragedy in “Strawberry Panic.” The reality is that Tamao lacked everything Shizuma or “Don Jose” had: passion, fearlessness, love of freedom. The confinement that Tamao placed on Nagisa regressed their own friendship into an awkwardness that probably would continue into their own graduation.

(In my own opinion, the people that slack on Shizuma for her “vindictive” nature should focus more on Tamao. Tamao is not the best character as most people think she is. lol)
Mato_KuroiiMay 20, 2019 12:00 AM
Sep 11, 2019 11:01 PM

Aug 2014
Although I am pleased with the outcome, The Ètoile arc felt incomplete and dumb.

One thing that bothers me alot is Hikari and Amane Chemistry, both is way too forced with the cliche and the events that occured is just downright dumb.
Them also being an Ètoile also probably one of the dumb outcomes that could possibly happen.
Why? IMHO, Amane were forced way too many times to become one, and Hikari herself became like a pawn for her to become an Ètoile. Almost multiple times she were against it and event the Spices student council finally admitted that her doing is wrong.
The final nail would be on the Ridiculously laughable Accident with Amnesia, they could've still going on candidate but the outcome would be great if the couple never win the election.
To add salt into injury, Do not forget how Yaya characters pretty much dumped and Zoned the shitout by Hikari selfishly asking her friends to sing for her and yet theres still a clear relationship after Yaya accept her request.
This would've been great if Yaya said something like "It would be my last song for you" then Yaya might finally can move on.

Before I go further I need to talk about Nagisa, Shimizu and Tamao love triangle.
While Nagisa and Shimizu outcome was obvious, Tamao characterization seems really lacking from the beginning of the story. She almost never get her own time even as a "Support with unrequited love" her character would be much better if she actually made her mind up after seeing Nagisa rejected by Shimizu.
Both of them as Election candidate is quite questionable but is a possible good outcomes like in the anime although it's just the execution were rushed and we get this incomplete ending.

I was really expecting we get Ending where both of them finally graduated after long they were separated because Shimizu graduated first, hence Tamao and Nagisa Pairing would be a nice option as an Etoile Candidate , but all we get is Shimizu and Nagisa kissing after giving each other out and Tamao/Nagisa awkwardly talking to each other behind the door in Strawberry Hall.
I guess Shimizu graduating ahead of Nagisa was too realistic and painful to accept for the writers?

Then again Chikaru could have been an important character to fix all this mess,
Imagine having like 26 Episode and still got lots underdeveloper characters. (Miyuki one sided feelings, Tsubomi unknown characters, Chiyo Personalization (while ironically she got her own episode very early).

I would rate this 6/10 (which is generous considering how messy the story and characters) just abit happy and bitter about the ending, I still disliked Hikari and Amane pairing though, blegh. So damn bland and cliche.
XaelathSep 11, 2019 11:26 PM
Oct 3, 2019 1:50 PM

Apr 2008
Sigh, I want to fall in love too xD

Oct 29, 2019 10:46 AM

Aug 2018
LeRim girls are the best.. ;P Easy-going at their best.. ;P
Hm, is it first time we see Tsubomi really caring about someone?.. Well, it's nice Yaya gets support.. Even if it's from as friend, it still is regardless a really sweet thing to do.. And.. I actually am ok, if Yaya decided not to go.. If she doesn't want to, she doesn't want to.. Hikari really got enough support from Yaya as it is already, let girl take care of her feelings as well.. ;p
Lol.. So Amane's and Hikari's style is to turn themselves into Prince carrying to Princess?.. Just what is this really?.. ;p Are we electing Etoiles?.. Though, I guess, voting in real world for whatever position also happens not necessary with all things only strictly related to election.. ;p But really: "elect me, because I'll take care of Hikari!", pffff.. ;P
I like that last episode has flashbacks.. It was a long journey full of feels, wasn't it?.. ;p It was beautiful many times.. And it was truly so..
Good thing that Tamao is really strong, isn't it?.. ;p I just hope that she, Yaya, and everyone else who are still searching for their happiness - that it is under their way, and it'll visit them soon.. For now.. It's a hopeful ending, and I hope that everyone will be happy in the end.. It's.. the end.. ;P
Nov 26, 2019 8:55 AM

Oct 2015
This was one fast sudden overly dramatic last episode. The ending of this finale felt forced in my view, but I like happy endings, so I forgive it.

I felt bad for Tamao for being left like that, it was almost like she was left at the altar, hanging there with a stupid face. I wished Nagisa considered her feelings a bit, but then again, she didn't know them in the first place. Even though the ending was cheesy smelling, the outdoor scene between Shizuma and Nagisa was beautifully done, and... the kiss of course!

I see Spica has won the election this time around, congratulations to Hikari and Amane. I see Yaya approves too.

Overall this was a fine series for me. It had its flaws for me, like the emotions of Shizuma. The bitch was hard to watch with her unstable emotions, Nagisa was also a bit annoying with her dense and naive self. I will never forget how hard it was to watch that awful scene at the mansion on episode 18, all that cheesy overdrama made me want to throw myself on that cliff. The story was also not stable, maybe because it tried to be Maria Mig or maybe because it focused on the Yuri so much, instead of the story and romance part. The Etoile election was also boring for me, along with the power struggle in the academy. I also felt Le rim characters had no major impact in the story, and therefore weren't used well by the creators, like Chikaru.

6/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 11, 2020 4:28 PM

Feb 2019
Fuck me, everything about this series was cheesy, melodramatic and over the top. I absolutely love it. Anime peaked in 2006 with this, it has only been downhill from there.

Even if I was cheering for Shizuma all the way through, the scene in the church were Tamao pushed Nagisa towards Shizuma and took the ribbon out of her hair hit me like a truck, so sad yet so meaningfully pretty. Despite its cheesiness and absurd moments, beautifully done scenes like these were scattered throughout the work and they were made even better by all that drama. There are only a few shows I've watched that had so much identity and uniqueness packed into it that it sticks to you, this was one of them.
KosmonautJan 11, 2020 4:32 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 2 Discussion

lsumi - Jul 24, 2008

29 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 12 Discussion

sifma - May 26, 2008

23 by voidintheceiling »»
Apr 10, 12:15 PM

» Strawberry Panic PS2 Poster???

Zelgadiss007 - Aug 28, 2013

5 by ShokuganYuriko »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:30 PM

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 25 Discussion

sifma - Jun 1, 2008

13 by Baskarite »»
Mar 6, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 24 Discussion

sifma - Jun 1, 2008

16 by Baskarite »»
Mar 5, 2023 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.