Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 26, 2010 5:15 AM

Feb 2008
According to Manga Time Kirara Carat, Kuroda bb's four panel manga A Channel was announced to get a TV anime adaptation.

A Channel manga sample page (flash)

Source: Manga Time Kirara Carat
PrizkillaNov 5, 2010 10:12 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 26, 2010 5:23 AM

Feb 2008
synopsis? Luck Star minus otaku or K-ON minus music.
Oct 26, 2010 5:24 AM

Mar 2009
dtshyk said:

Indeed. I might check it out.
Oct 26, 2010 5:26 AM

Nov 2008
Four Panel? What's that? =/
Oct 26, 2010 5:38 AM
Jun 2009
dtshyk said:

K-on+Lucky Star+Kuudere+Tsundere+Fanservice=WİN!!

Oct 26, 2010 5:50 AM

Nov 2008
DetectiveDrake said:
Four Panel? What's that? =/
A manga format. Each page has 4 panels. It is used mostly for comedy manga.

Examples of 4 pnael (or 4-koma) manga include Azumanga Daioh, K-ON!, Lucky Star and Working!!

Not all comedy manga are 4-panel, however. For example, Mitsudomoe is not a 4-koma series, even though it has similarities to the above mentioned series as it uses normal manga chapters.

As for the anime itself, how good it is depends on the production studio, director etc., and of course, the content of the manga itself.

We will see, but I will watch an episode, even if it turns out to be a (massively overhyped) Kyoto Animation series.
Rosa_FOEtidaOct 26, 2010 6:04 AM
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Oct 26, 2010 5:51 AM

Jan 2010
dtshyk said:

Dear god that sounds horrible. Pass.

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.
Oct 26, 2010 6:29 AM

Apr 2008
K-ON minus music eh? That means pure slice of life XD

Oct 26, 2010 6:34 AM

Jan 2009
dtshyk said:

Ehh?? minus the otaku ;_;
i think i'll pass
Oct 26, 2010 6:47 AM

Nov 2009
Looks more like stupid - good = dumb.
Oct 26, 2010 6:55 AM

Sep 2009
a loli with a baseball bat.....I'm in!
Oct 26, 2010 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
Fantastic! This has been on plan-to-read for a few months :>

4-koma = default win
Oct 26, 2010 7:09 AM

Oct 2010
Sounds like a cute version of Azumanga Daioh to me. A must watch for me! XD
Oct 26, 2010 7:11 AM

Apr 2010
Looks alright.

Oct 26, 2010 7:15 AM

Nov 2007
I really like the art of it. This sounds like some nice school slice of life to me.
Oct 26, 2010 7:39 AM
Jul 2008
Well, well.. It seems nice, though haven't read the story, it's a 4-koma so it's not really that important xD
Oct 26, 2010 7:46 AM
May 2010
Yanathrae said:
Sounds like a cute version of Azumanga Daioh to me.

It kinda does sound like a pure slice of life anime, like Azumango Daioh. But I found it to be too slow for a series for me, and I love slice of life. Hopefully it's more like Hidamari Sketch...minus the art?
Oct 26, 2010 7:54 AM

Nov 2008
will watch

It's like a cutified Minami-Ke minus the main characters all being siblings plus one extra main character.

Oct 26, 2010 8:07 AM

Sep 2008
Cute girls doing cute things? SOLD!

Oct 26, 2010 8:09 AM

Dec 2009
Looks cute. Maybe I'll watch it
Oct 26, 2010 8:47 AM

May 2010
dtshyk said:

definite pass, the only thing good about K-ON was the music :(
Oct 26, 2010 8:51 AM

Jan 2010
Wait, K-ON! had music in it?

After watching all 40 episodes of it I still never saw any music.
Ok™
Oct 26, 2010 9:05 AM

Nov 2008
Xavierxenon said:
dtshyk said:

Dear god that sounds horrible. Pass.

i'll be following u man that crap sounds horrible
Oct 26, 2010 9:48 AM

Sep 2008
dtshyk said:
I'm okay with this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2010 10:03 AM

Nov 2007
Bimyou.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 26, 2010 10:22 AM

Apr 2010
cool, i geuss...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Oct 26, 2010 10:49 AM

Oct 2009
Looks and sounds like Lucky Star/Azumanga Daioh, hmm maybe I'll try it...
Oct 26, 2010 11:20 AM

Jun 2010
Id say it looks like mitsudomoe (sry i didnt read the manga)
Oct 26, 2010 11:36 AM

Jun 2007
"A 4koma about four friends in high school."
-__-

Oct 26, 2010 11:38 AM

Apr 2008
I will wait for the production staff before deciding whether I want it.
Oct 26, 2010 11:39 AM
Jul 2008
Oh, fucking great a other boring high school anime. I'm getting tired of that shit.
Oct 26, 2010 11:48 AM

Jun 2010
cute, cute, cute :3
Oct 26, 2010 12:43 PM

Feb 2008
Ewww, I think I just stepped in Moe blob. That is essentially what this is, the moment you see 4koma you can see moe coming. That said, I think moe should be considered a separate genre from slice of life. I mean take azumanga daioh for example, sure it is cute but when you watch it you actually get the sense that it is the life the girls are living (and probably a great show to watch while you're high). Moe, on the other hand, just uses slice of life as an excuse to throw moe character archetypes at you.
Oct 26, 2010 1:55 PM
Mar 2010
Damonashu said:
Ewww, I think I just stepped in Moe blob. That is essentially what this is, the moment you see 4koma you can see moe coming. That said, I think moe should be considered a separate genre from slice of life. I mean take azumanga daioh for example, sure it is cute but when you watch it you actually get the sense that it is the life the girls are living (and probably a great show to watch while you're high). Moe, on the other hand, just uses slice of life as an excuse to throw moe character archetypes at you.

Moe isn't a genre, it's when you find a character's actions, personality, etc. cute/endearing.
So basically you just said you dislike things you like.
Oct 26, 2010 2:48 PM
Dec 2007
havsie said:
Wait, K-ON! had music in it?

After watching all 40 episodes of it I still never saw any music.
You obviously skipped several episodes then. I can see you hated it but please don't exaggerate or spread blatant lies to get your point across.

That said, where's the MAL anime page for this !

Oct 26, 2010 5:02 PM

Nov 2009
dtshyk said:

Deal. A small price to pay for more slice~ <3
AzureHakuaJan 17, 2011 4:51 PM
Oct 26, 2010 8:02 PM

Feb 2008
AwildTCOappears said:
Damonashu said:

Moe isn't a genre, it's when you find a character's actions, personality, etc. cute/endearing.

You madam, are inferring a lot more than what can be inferred. Nothing in my post implies that I like moe, I said that what makes azumanga good is that it shows the progression of the students lives, making it a slice of life. The thing about moe is that, as you said its supposed to be "cute" and "endearing" which leads to the whole point of the show being "cute". Now I'm not saying Azumanga Daioh has some complex story with beautiful development of the plot and the characters. It is a comedy, but unlike other series that could be called moe, the joke is not of the characters doing "cute" things, it was comedy invoked by their different personas. Which again, can be totally awesome if you're high. Why I remember one episode that was so out of there, a high like state was induced by me just watching it.

Beside that, you are completely missing the point. What I said was that moe should be considered a seperate genre, not that it is.
DamonashuOct 26, 2010 8:10 PM
Oct 26, 2010 9:56 PM
Dec 2007
Damonashu said:
AwildTCOappears said:
Damonashu said:

You madam, are inferring a lot more than what can be inferred. Nothing in my post implies that I like moe, I said that what makes azumanga good is that it shows the progression of the students lives, making it a slice of life. The thing about moe is that, as you said its supposed to be "cute" and "endearing" which leads to the whole point of the show being "cute". Now I'm not saying Azumanga Daioh has some complex story with beautiful development of the plot and the characters. It is a comedy, but unlike other series that could be called moe, the joke is not of the characters doing "cute" things, it was comedy invoked by their different personas. Which again, can be totally awesome if you're high. Why I remember one episode that was so out of there, a high like state was induced by me just watching it.

Beside that, you are completely missing the point. What I said was that moe should be considered a seperate genre, not that it is.
You missed her point too. Moe isn't an arbitrary label, it's subjective. What you call the "moe genre" is nothing more than an arbitary label imposed by the majority of the community and industry. The true meaning of moe hence has been twisted.

Oct 26, 2010 10:03 PM
Dec 2008
Takes a true genius to make a god-like 4-panel
Oct 26, 2010 10:49 PM

Feb 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Damonashu said:
AwildTCOappears said:
Damonashu said:

You missed her point too. Moe isn't an arbitrary label, it's subjective. What you call the "moe genre" is nothing more than an arbitary label imposed by the majority of the community and industry. The true meaning of moe hence has been twisted.

Hmmm, so I did. To be frank, I can't really imagine this series, or other series that I have labeled as moe to not be considered such, but that probably has something to do with why I'd prefer it to be a separate genre.

Nevertheless, I apologize for my misunderstanding.
Oct 26, 2010 11:02 PM
Mar 2010
a 4-koma about a group of highschool girls... That's something so uncommon to see
Meh, wth I like slice of life with moe girls
Oct 26, 2010 11:53 PM
Dec 2007
Damonashu said:

Hmmm, so I did. To be frank, I can't really imagine this series, or other series that I have labeled as moe to not be considered such, but that probably has something to do with why I'd prefer it to be a separate genre.

Nevertheless, I apologize for my misunderstanding.
For my part I understand. I really would like people to come up with a different name for it. I mean, thanks to the moe-wave now everyone pretty much believe moe is just fluffly sweet blobs who act all cutesy. I guess it's the same thing that happened to the tsundere label.

To tell the truth, I would just wish they found out some new fad already. Lucky Star was ok, by the time we got to K-ON it was already overloaded but still worked, but I think this type of anime is on it's last legs. I wish it was at least.

Oct 27, 2010 8:07 AM

May 2010
seems nice ;)
Oct 27, 2010 9:41 PM

Jun 2007
Anything that's getting comparisons to Lucky Star is good in my books.
Oct 29, 2010 1:35 AM

Nov 2008
I've read volume 1 of the manga, and I thought it wasn't bad at all. In fact, I hope they release more volumes that can eventually be animated.
Nov 4, 2010 3:38 AM

Jun 2010
Jog said:
Takes a true genius to make a god-like 4-panel

True... but luckily for us there's many geniuses in Japan :3
Nov 7, 2010 12:58 AM

Jan 2010
herox3 said:
a 4-koma about a group of highschool girls... That's something so uncommon to see

is that really uncommon?

what about k-on, seitokai, etc2
Nov 7, 2010 3:33 PM
Dec 2007
arif85124 said:
herox3 said:

is that really uncommon?

what about k-on, seitokai, etc2
FAIL.

I guess sarcasm is a little hard to spot in written form.

Dec 18, 2010 3:17 PM

Nov 2007
Ouch!
Can't believe they Failed Anatomy Forever right on the promotional picture.
The left most girl seams to have a problem with her joints.
Knees DON'T bend that way!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

18 by malvarez1 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by Badonkers »»
Yesterday, 12:31 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

29 by RealNath »»
Yesterday, 9:11 AM

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - May 5

0 by Aiimee »»
May 5, 10:47 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - May 5

0 by DatRandomDude »»
May 5, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.