Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 24, 2008 5:27 AM
Sep 2007
yumiche said:
BlickWinkel said:
DeathfireD said:
So do I think it was planned out? Yes
Do I think 20 faces intended for his group to all get killed? Maybe

Aha, and Chiko's survival was actually a (partial) failure of his plan?

Wicked. And really hard to believe. Certainly not corresponding to the portrait of the 20 faces we were presented. Sadly, still most reasonable explanation is the QUALITY of this episode scenario and its execution.

here is what i think..
how about that 20 faces wasn't really aiming for chiko to survive..
he just wanted to see who is the only one from his Groub can escape the attack.. to be his sucsseser..
remembring what he said to the mayor.. he wanted someone to take over him.. he didn't mention chiko.. the surviver could be anyone..

I agree with that - however when he heard that everyone else was dead he threw Chiko to safety in the other part of the train before that section blew up.
May 24, 2008 12:22 PM

Apr 2007
lol cant believe they all died :(

im glad ken is still all right with long hair
i hope that he will come realy unexpected for chiko

i can't imagine that Twenty faces died that way

cant wait for the next epi ^^
May 24, 2008 3:47 PM

Jan 2008
after watching episode 6 i upped my rating for nijuu. that was totally unexpected. i think 20 faces might have planned it would happen maybe is that why he wasn't in the trailer with the rest of his men? but i think 20 faces is still alive along with ken.
May 24, 2008 5:42 PM

Nov 2007
I can't believe that Twenty Faces could have organized the death of all his men. They were like a family. It's just a messed-up idea, sorry.
Wonderful episode. It was so sad, but very much needed. I was wondering how Chiko would part from the rest of the gang, but I didn't imagine it would be quite so bloody.
I hope Ken is still alive, since they didn't openly show his body. I'm not sure about Twenty Faces, he lost a bit of my sympathy since he was not with his men while they were killed. It was as if he heard the gunshots but didn't move.
May 24, 2008 5:56 PM

Aug 2007
Well for 20Faces to organize or to predict this... Wicked. But possible... I noticed that the tone of the episode @ start was more dark than usual... And what he said to the mayor is strange. But for what reason did he kill his gang? (i kinda dont belive he died... Fire is nothing compared with a gunshot)
May 24, 2008 7:04 PM

Mar 2008
Rainulf said:
Faust721 said:
It was quite obvious something like this happened, but it was still very enjoyable. But did everyone really die? I think Ken managed to escape.

lol, he did. And I'm assuming he's this person in the OP:

Ok, now I am rewatching the op

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
-Edward Cullen, Twilight
May 24, 2008 10:41 PM
May 2006
Just as a quick reminder, episode 7 will not air this weekend. We'll have to wait another week, unfortunately ;)
May 24, 2008 10:42 PM

Jan 2008
I always had a little doubt with this series, but this episode proved otherwise! Wah, I can't believe they killed off basically every character! Can't wait to see what happens next!
May 27, 2008 4:04 PM

Mar 2008
fatefully said:
Was I the only one who actually laughed when Angie was being blown around then tumbling down the train? Serious LOLs right there.

The whole incident on top of the train was just humorous to me. First Chiko's struggling to proceed against the snowstorm then Angie waltzes up like it's no big deal. Suddenly Chiko defies the laws of physics that were working only 30 seconds before and is able to stand up and do acrobatic moves.

At least she slips as they turned the physics back on.

Yes, I noticed that, too.

Also the way 20 faces died, was a poor death. He could have jumped into saftey a hundert times. He had the time to survive. I can't see a reason why he would wanted to die. If so, Tiger would have helped him earlier on with this wish.
So it was rather ridiculous, that this great character died. It always riuns much for me if s.b. dies an unrealistic death.

Also I don't like that Ken is maybe the only surviver besides Chiko. I think there are plenty of cooler guys than Ken. ken is kind of annoying. I don't like him.

Nontheless, a great plot turn so early on, though it was expected, because several guys here couldn't keep quiet in countless episode discussions earlier on .... *abitangry*

So 5/5 despite all my rambling. ^^
May 27, 2008 6:43 PM

Mar 2008
When does 7 come out?

-Edward Cullen, Twilight
May 27, 2008 6:47 PM

Nov 2007
Nice episode. Probably the best so far.
The deaths feel really forced though.
May 27, 2008 8:59 PM

Dec 2007
I knew it would happen. Good episode. I can't wait to watch the next episode.
May 28, 2008 12:47 PM

Oct 2007
wow that 20 faces-kun simply amazed me

when he was 1st introduced, nothing can describe his coolness.
when he was planning something, nothing can describe his coolness.
when he shot Tora, nothing can describe his coolness.
when he standing in the blazed train, nothing can describe his coolness.
also when he died, he was really cool!

omg you are the most coolest character I've ever seen!

as for Chiko, I hope she don't encounter with any polar bear there...
May 29, 2008 10:03 AM

Feb 2008
h0riz0nLine said:
wow that 20 faces-kun simply amazed me

when he was 1st introduced, nothing can describe his coolness.
when he was planning something, nothing can describe his coolness.
when he shot Tora, nothing can describe his coolness.
when he standing in the blazed train, nothing can describe his coolness.
also when he died, he was really cool!

omg you are the most coolest character I've ever seen!

as for Chiko, I hope she don't encounter with any polar bear there...

Nice (and very sad) episode I can't wait to watch the next one.
leelooMay 29, 2008 10:12 AM

May 29, 2008 10:10 AM

Feb 2008
Rainulf said:

leelooMay 29, 2008 10:14 AM

May 29, 2008 3:13 PM

Nov 2007
@leeloo

next episode airs on 31.05.2008
May 29, 2008 3:36 PM

Feb 2008
evensteven said:
@leeloo

Thanks =D

May 31, 2008 7:57 PM
Nov 2007
I liked how everyone died. Nice change of pace, despite all it's make-you-feel-fuzzy stuff thus far.

No way 20 faces is dead. He's Chiko's real father.

And this last episode reminded me of the Disney rendition of "Anastasia"
Jun 1, 2008 12:54 AM

Mar 2008
evensteven said:
@leeloo

Ah,
evensteven said:
@leeloo

Ahhhh.....the sub groups are taking their sweet time!

-Edward Cullen, Twilight
Jun 1, 2008 6:31 AM

Oct 2007
I too believe that 20 faces is still alive and he will play a very interesting role in the future of this show.

I can't believe the people ragging on this episode because Chico did a flip on top of the train. If something like that ruins an amazing episode such as this then there is something wrong with you.

I can't wait until more is reveal and we hear all the motives and reasonings behind this attack. Something tells me 20 faces might become Chiko's enemy especially if she becomes a detective like the ending sequence seems to hint at. Either way, I can't wait.
Jun 7, 2008 4:44 AM

Apr 2007
The episode could have been so much better. It was just way too forced, too bad huh.

Anyways, *downloading episode 7 now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2008 8:49 AM

Feb 2008
I love the story, but it didn't sell me at all on the "how". The chase scene in the train corridor was beyond stupid. If you don't have a gun, you don't expose yourself like that, and conversely, if you have a gun, why *run* after the other guys when it's quite clear that your intent is just to shoot them? And when they turn back on you, *slowly*, how about using that gun in your hand?

Same with the scene on top of the train with Chiko and Angie. Laws of physics? And what about the axe, if Chiko isn't going to use it herself, how about just throwing it away, depriving Angie of a weapon?

Same with Twenty Faces death scene. Unless his plan was specifically to fake his own death and hand over Chiko to her step mother, I don't see why he wouldn't just jump over to the same train cart as Chiko was in, rather than just stand there.

I understand it all had a purpose for the plot, but they have to sell their plot points a little better than that.
Jul 19, 2008 9:58 PM

Nov 2007
that was freaking awesome. i finally see the episode and it is amazing. by far one of the best for this season animes.
May 17, 2009 5:39 PM

Feb 2009
I cannot believe she got that stupid; I mean why worry about some girl when you hang out with these cool guys right?
This episode reminds me of Baccano.
Jan 26, 2011 8:08 PM
Apr 2009
I was completely shocked to find out Angie was working with Tora! I was even more shocked when the killing spree began. I couldn't figure out what the point of having the terrorist board the train was, maybe a hostage situation? Nothing had prepared me for the bloody slaughter that happened. I have read some bad reviews of this episode, but while I dislike like for the tragedy, I feel it was still well done!
Jun 25, 2013 9:38 PM

Jun 2012
What is this...I don't even. WHAT? My mind is blown. Can't believe they just wiped out the crew like that.
Jun 12, 2014 6:11 AM

Aug 2013
What the hell just happened?! They wiped out the entire crew O__O What?!

I doubt 20 Faces is dead. When an author wants a character "temporarily dead," it's either the body sinks in water or there's an explosion and the body's never recovered.

For all her big talk, Angie got killed easily.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 25, 2014 1:53 AM

Jan 2013
WTF?! Is this game of thrones? I'm interested to see where the story goes from here....
Nov 6, 2014 2:44 PM

Jul 2013
It was just too much char to draw, need to leave only 1 or 2, but still they killed coolest thief of all.

I also agree with how much forced deaths were, but then you this about all crew don't liking the killing and using guns rarely and getting hit then eating , you get some stupid massacre.
Aug 23, 2015 1:43 PM

May 2014
Holy shit, I knew something would happen in this episode when Angie grinned in the previous, but wow. This!? I did not expect
Oct 3, 2015 3:28 AM

Dec 2013
Great episode. I remembered that the whole crew dies at some point from the last time i watched this, but I didn't remember it being so soon. The number of post in this thread compared to the others kinda gave it away though. Nothing like killing off half of your cast to get people talking.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jan 19, 2016 4:57 PM

Mar 2011
That's what happens when you let the villain alive.
Mar 9, 2016 8:15 PM

May 2010
So is 20face dead or not...? He is literally the only one that I care about dying. Ken can die, and it was sad to see Muta die.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 6, 2017 11:38 PM

Jun 2009
Boy that escalated quickly. Fuck Nijuu Mensou. Couldn't he have killed this Tora dude 20 minutes earlier and then save everyone else? There's probably some "deeper meaning" to this, since he is obviously not dead.
Overall, didn't like this development.

I'm ecpecting a time skip now.
Mar 8, 2017 2:02 PM

Feb 2010
OMG whattttt just happeneeddd!!!!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 20 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 24, 2008

25 by todd2580 »»
Mar 11, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 22 Discussion

ballistique - Feb 17, 2009

36 by Recynon »»
Jul 2, 2020 7:02 PM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 4, 2008

23 by Recynon »»
Jul 2, 2020 12:01 AM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 13 Discussion

cyruz - Jul 28, 2008

30 by Recynon »»
Jul 1, 2020 8:02 PM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 2 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Apr 23, 2008

30 by Recynon »»
Jul 1, 2020 6:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.