Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 9, 2010 10:04 AM

Aug 2009
LOVED IT! This is the first anime that's got me hard outside of hentai....they need to show more guns like in this ep...oh yeah love the fan-service too
Aug 9, 2010 10:15 AM

May 2008
:| Good ep, just waiting for the next chapter of the manga so I can advance before the anime, coming out September...
Aug 9, 2010 10:16 AM
Jul 2010
Fan service was okay. but japanese are really obsessed about uber big breasts,I misses some action, but oh well, next week It's going to be plenty of it.
Aug 9, 2010 10:21 AM

Mar 2009
HATED the bath scene, it's so pointless, pathetic and boring. I'm dropping the series if there is anything like it again.

But as much as I hate that, I hate Rei even more. She should just get bitten and killed already.

Anyways I loved all the rest of the episode, especially when Takashi shouted at her. How can he love somebody like her in the first place anyways? =/

Rated: 3/5

{{ TCO }} {{ ACP }} {{ TSC }} {{ LAC }}
Aug 9, 2010 10:23 AM

Aug 2010
Shizuka's boobs are bigger than her own ass.
Aug 9, 2010 10:24 AM

Dec 2009
>_> and so they spam fanservice again.

Poor dogie .. not his fault humans gone mad .. hope they save him somehow ...
Aug 9, 2010 10:29 AM

Aug 2008
Nothing to say here lol.

The dog is so not cute.
Aug 9, 2010 10:30 AM

Apr 2008
We interrupt this anime to bring you an episode chock full 'o story!

This is the "fanservice-with-plot" or "plot-with-fanservice" episode. The bath scenes brought to mind a woman I saw at a wedding I went to this weekend. Her breasts were pouring out of her dress.

But anyway, I thought the scene between Takeshi and Rei towards the end felt genuine in terms of the series being an anime-style Western zombie flick. This episode was a nice break from all the zombie action we've been getting.
Aug 9, 2010 10:40 AM

Oct 2009
fapish ep
Aug 9, 2010 10:44 AM

Apr 2008
nextday said:
Worst episode so far.

The fanservice in this show sucks and there was no plot development at all.

wow so you ignored the bridge scenes then. Ah I understand you were too distracted by the sucky fanservice.
Aug 9, 2010 10:48 AM

Mar 2010
Lot's of fanservice there, but, hey, if it's not your thing (an it's not mine), you could jhave worked out from the OP of the first ep what you were getting yourself in for, so don't complain. Although Takashi's reactiions were pretty funny, and you need something lighthearted in a sries like this, otherwise it just gets too boring. And it added a nice contrast to the news broadcast at the start, making it seem a little creepy, that they were enjoying themselves like that whilst all the sh*ts going down on the bridge.

and I did feel sorry for the police officers.

Lots of zombie shooting action next week I think ^.^
Aug 9, 2010 11:02 AM

Jul 2010
I guess some people watch it just for the fan service..then they say that it has no plot and all that..wait for next weeks episode..They need a rest too you know..They can't just kill zombies all day
Aug 9, 2010 11:11 AM
Jun 2008
I assume that zombie need rest as well
Aug 9, 2010 11:16 AM

Feb 2010
OrochiPL said:
Let's see, i expected bath scene to be more censored, positive suprise. I didn't expect Takashi's and Rei's talk on stairs to be so good animated, another positive suprise. Sadly, i expected apron scene to be better, so no more positive suprises.
Looking forward to next ep, like always.

Im not with you about the talk.. it went from her trying to be a crying somewhat slobbering confessional drunk (which happens..lol..so I cant hate her for seeming like a crybaby in THAT situation).. to him being a dick (which I thought to myself.. hey! He just cock-blocked himself..dumbass).. to her giving him a hard-on.. I know this is anime but I sat there like.. wtf just happened.. was the manga that different? Maybe a bit more drawn out or better dialouged/written?

To me... maybe im thinking way too deeply too quickly but so far.. as protrayed by the show.. the Takashi x Rei arc seems way too underdeveloped so far.. I dont even feel anything there really between them.. Now the Saeko x Takashi arc seems to be going along nicely... but Id still like to see whats going on with him and Saya.. I mean there was even a clear shot of him staring at her for a bit while she was sleeping.. with the more well-endowed nurse next to her on the floor..
anime_n00bAug 9, 2010 11:23 AM
Aug 9, 2010 11:16 AM

Dec 2008
Zammyfighter said:
Does AnimeNetwork censor a lot of stuff? Cause I don't wanna watch censored side boobs and crap like that. I want the genuine episode.

You can catch the uncensored at animefreak.tv.
Aug 9, 2010 11:21 AM

Dec 2008
"If we keep going I'm gonna get a boner..." LMAO!!!

Rei is absolutely sickening. She berates Takashi...Takashi yells at her...then Rei gets turned on by that.

Takashi, Rei is insane. Please make her food for the zombies. If you must sleep with someone....sleep with Saeko.
Aug 9, 2010 11:25 AM
Jun 2010
Sure, I like fanservice, but the thing is, I don't like MASSIVE breasts, prefer them to be B cup or C cup, those big one just sag too much and not perky enough...

Also, man, I wanted Takashi to lay some guilt on Rei for constantly bringing up Hisashi, this is what I wanted to happen:
~In the middle of Rei and Takashi about to kiss~
Takashi: I'm sorry... I just can't... you only have Hisashi on your mind and there's no room for me....
Rei: ....
Takashi gets up and walk away like he's been hurt deeply.
Rei making the :( face and say to herself: Takashi....
That would have been the epic moment to finally lay some guilt on that bitch... I mean come on guys, you gotta admit me ever since episode 1, when Takashi killed Hisashi and how Rei kept shouting how Takashi was jealous about Hisashi being the better man for her.
Aug 9, 2010 11:27 AM

Feb 2010
AnimeMama said:
"If we keep going I'm gonna get a boner..." LMAO!!!

Rei is absolutely sickening. She berates Takashi...Takashi yells at her...then Rei gets turned on by that.

Takashi, Rei is insane. Please make her food for the zombies. If you must sleep with someone....sleep with Saeko.

Yeah thats what I dont get.. that arc is maybe the worst anime arc ever... Its easily evident.. that she doesnt like him.. but just uses him as it becomes convenient..

Agreed... Give us more Saedo/Saya ... Less of the latex queen.
Aug 9, 2010 11:28 AM

Jul 2009
rarri said:
20 minutes of boner.

^this
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 9, 2010 11:31 AM

Feb 2010
Raigeki1993 said:
Sure, I like fanservice, but the thing is, I don't like MASSIVE breasts, prefer them to be B cup or C cup, those big one just sag too much and not perky enough...

Also, man, I wanted Takashi to lay some guilt on Rei for constantly bringing up Hisashi, this is what I wanted to happen:
Takashi: I'm sorry... I just can't... you only have Hisashi on your mind and there's no room for me....
That would have been the epic moment to finally lay some guilt on that bitch... I mean come on guys, you gotta admit me ever since episode 1, when Takashi killed Hisashi and how Rei kept shouting how Takashi was jealous about Hisashi being the better man for her.

Well.. lol.. it sure SOUNDED like Hisashi was the better man... lol...

I dont know its retarded to me.. She should have smacked him.. actually LOL... knocked some sense into him.. So he would move on to the more desirable two..

*I did like your rewrite though..I think that would have saved the episode as far as plot development almost by itself*
Aug 9, 2010 11:57 AM
Jun 2010
anime_n00b said:
Raigeki1993 said:

Well.. lol.. it sure SOUNDED like Hisashi was the better man... lol...

I dont know its retarded to me.. She should have smacked him.. actually LOL... knocked some sense into him.. So he would move on to the more desirable two..

*I did like your rewrite though..I think that would have saved the episode as far as plot development almost by itself*

Well, yea it sounded like Hisashi was the better man, but Rei is the one who wasn't actually that commited. If she was commited and did love Takashi, when they were going out she could have kept chatting with Takashi and seriously talk about the problem, instead she dumped him for his BEST FRIEND. She should have smacked him when they were going out, but she can't do it now because she keeps thinking about that dumb zombie Hisashi, if she did smack him right now, it would show that Rei loved Hisashi more, which is what I don't want.
Aug 9, 2010 12:23 PM
Dec 2009
Wasn't the best episode
Girls don't randomly do stupid stuff like that while in the bathroom.....
Aug 9, 2010 12:30 PM

Aug 2009
Did they kiss ?Rei and Takashi ?

Shizuka's boobs are way too big..
Aug 9, 2010 12:35 PM

May 2010
This show is literally made for men
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 9, 2010 12:48 PM

Jan 2010
Ehh... Idk, the more I hear Kohta, the more his voice doesn't really fit him.. But besides that, great episode haha.
On another note, GOD DAMN People are still reviewing this shit. Holy fuck nobody cares.
EDIT: Does anyone have info on the release of the OP and EDs?
Aug 9, 2010 1:14 PM
Aug 2010
I actually don't hate rei as much as a lot of people, but i can't forgive the fact at how much she brings up hisashi. I really want Takashi to confront her on if she cares or has feelings for him at all. Well the manga doesn't seem its gonna end anytime soon, so a lot of stuff can still happen, just can't wait for the next chapter!
Aug 9, 2010 1:33 PM

Apr 2010
Bath scene *nosebleed*

Well, it was funny seeing Hirano go into a gun euphoria after finding the stash, and the sad thing is I recognized several of those guns.

The police do really have it hard, I like how the parts about civil disorder are showing up in this anime. And the bulldozer... Brutal.

Is it me or do I also suspect a love triangle of sorts?
Aug 9, 2010 1:41 PM
Jul 2010
Raigeki1993 said:

This ^ is great, unfortunately they hadn't that conversation..
Aug 9, 2010 1:52 PM
Jan 2009
I was hoping we'd get to see the sharpshooter in this episode. Well more than just a sneeze.

Not too much going on here but I'm partial to the action.
Aug 9, 2010 2:07 PM

Feb 2010
Confucius said:

yeah and lesbians...

I am neither. I am not a fan of this ep. I get where it's aimed at... but I'm all about equality if there's gonna be excessive nudity- nekked boys plz!!!

I enjoy the plot and premise [and show really]... so I'll continue to watch.
Aug 9, 2010 2:25 PM

Jul 2009
This episode passed by so fast, I don't even know what happened. All I know there was MAJOR fan service LOL.
Aug 9, 2010 2:42 PM

Sep 2009
Am I the only one that thinks that the nurse's boobs are a bit TOO big?
Aug 9, 2010 2:50 PM

Mar 2009
I'm pretty sure the majority of the mail viewers got a boner for watching this episode.
Aug 9, 2010 2:53 PM
Jun 2010
Confucius said:

Well the series is technically a Seinen so...

Aug 9, 2010 3:01 PM

Jul 2008
What the fudge even happened in this episode, the bath scene was well and fine for fanservice, but why did all the girls suddenly seem to go batshit? I thought they were all drunk or something at first but I guess not, HSOTD gets a mark taken off for this episode simply because it's so wtf.
Aug 9, 2010 3:17 PM

Jan 2010
o.m.g Saeko<333333333333333 best H.O.T.D episode so far :]
Aug 9, 2010 3:21 PM

Oct 2008
savetherocks said:

no . . . You're not . . Thats exactly what makes the whole fan service so freakin fake . If not for the fake size , i would have actually enjoyed the fan service , and i bet , most of you would have liked it a lot more too .
Aug 9, 2010 3:26 PM

Apr 2008
sugaryxtibs said:
What the fudge even happened in this episode, the bath scene was well and fine for fanservice, but why did all the girls suddenly seem to go batshit? I thought they were all drunk or something at first but I guess not, HSOTD gets a mark taken off for this episode simply because it's so wtf.

They were drunk the anime just didn't show it >_>
Aug 9, 2010 3:37 PM

Jun 2009
worst episode so far. even recap episode was better.

lafuria_sux said:
savetherocks said:

no . . . You're not . . Thats exactly what makes the whole fan service so freakin fake . If not for the fake size , i would have actually enjoyed the fan service , and i bet , most of you would have liked it a lot more too .
Aug 9, 2010 3:57 PM

Sep 2009
this ep had the best fan service so far. Saw that there were only 13 episodes (at least on wikipedia), so I'm hoping there will be a season 2, cause this series is epic!

And how can you NOT like Hirako....the guy who always delivers the lulz

Aug 9, 2010 4:07 PM

Nov 2009
A bit too much fan service for me =B. At least it wasn`t unexpected, as a bath scene without fan service would be REALLY odd.

Inarius said:

And how can you NOT like Hirano....the guy who always delivers the lulz

So true ^^
Aug 9, 2010 4:16 PM

Aug 2009
I got a feeling nothing really happened in this episode. Only thing that happened was... Boobs.

3/5

andrew_v17 said:
needs more fanservice

Samu-tanAug 9, 2010 4:20 PM
Aug 9, 2010 4:32 PM

Jul 2009
Hurray for FANSERVICE!!!!!!!
Aug 9, 2010 4:33 PM
Jun 2010
Inarius said:
this ep had the best fan service so far. Saw that there were only 13 episodes (at least on wikipedia), so I'm hoping there will be a season 2, cause this series is epic!

And how can you NOT like Hirako....the guy who always delivers the lulz

Yeah, Hirano's awesomeness saved this episode. This picture is epic:

Aug 9, 2010 4:47 PM

Jan 2009
Good ep, I'm so so glad though that we got the fan service ep done and out of the way, now back to kicking zombie butt once more. I thought the ep was very well done though, kept to following the manga very well, but that is a very good thing ;)
Aug 9, 2010 5:08 PM

Aug 2010
awesome.... :)

that is all

Aug 9, 2010 5:14 PM

Dec 2007
There won't me much fan service after this now. Just lots and lots of action.
Aug 9, 2010 5:33 PM

Aug 2009
Day2Dream said:
There won't me much fan service after this now. Just lots and lots of action.

are you kidding me...we haven't got to the
yet and this show is 80% fan-service, 15% plot and 5% Rei being a stuck up bitch. To say there won't be fan-service is like saying LotGH becomes a comedy after
dies...
Aug 9, 2010 5:45 PM

Apr 2009
This episode was hot ^^
Aug 9, 2010 5:58 PM

Feb 2009
loved the fanservice.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.