Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
KATANAGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2010 8:12 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was one of my favorite episode. I liked how they used the side-scrolling and vertical-scrolling effect to make some battle scenes to look like a video game.

Also, the dialogues in this episode had very crucial information about the background of this show, especially about the Shichika's family and Nanami's past.

Finally, Togame's intelligence continues to impress me. She's probably one of the smartest strategist I've ever seen in Anime. Oh, and her new hair style is hot! (it might be disappointing to some people though...)

If you're curious, feel free to check out my steaming-fresh review.
https://blogs.emory.edu/animec/2010/07/10/katanagatari-07/
stevewiess01Jul 9, 2010 10:25 PM

Jul 9, 2010 9:22 PM
May 2008
Is it already out and sub'd ? link???
Jul 9, 2010 9:50 PM

Mar 2010
I just finished watching the Japanese version and you may need to wait a day or so for the fansub. Btw, no link on fansub is allowed on myanimelist forum...

Jul 9, 2010 10:33 PM
May 2008
ah k thanks for the heads up bro

oh yea mind if i ask how long it usually takes for the next episode to come out, a month maybe?
pyroblageJul 9, 2010 10:38 PM
Jul 9, 2010 10:58 PM

Apr 2009
Haha, a sword with that power was an inevitability. They wouldn't have spoiled Nanami's death last episode so blatantly otherwise. It was kind of funny how parts of the episode were like a side scrolling action game, and you only really see the characters mouth's move in dialogue sequences. Shows how far down production values have gotten.
ReaperEXEJul 12, 2010 12:28 AM
Jul 10, 2010 2:47 AM
Jun 2008
stevewiess01 said:
I just finished watching the Japanese version and you may need to wait a day or so for the fansub. Btw, no link on fansub is allowed on myanimelist forum...

nice blog you have there ^^
I wanted to reply your blog but it seems I can't.So I decided to reply it here.....

Next episode is the puppet,Biyori.It has 4 arm and 4 leg 0.0 .I think the action will be good
MorningGloryJul 11, 2010 5:05 AM
Jul 10, 2010 3:50 AM

Mar 2009
hm so she had a peacemaker in her chest ,, lol,,,
love the fight,, and i love the siblings scene in the end
one of the best show of drama and adventure
i am going to be the i the one with the biggest manga pocket collgection

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/enerjak&sclick=1][/url]
Jul 10, 2010 6:39 AM

Dec 2007
wow. Nice new combo shichika =)
Jul 10, 2010 10:22 AM

Mar 2010
MorningGlory said:
stevewiess01 said:

nice blog you have there ^^
I wanted to reply your blog but it seems I can't.So I decided to reply it here.....

Next episode is the puppet,Biyori.It has 4 arm and 4 leg 0.0 .I think the action will be good ^^

Thanks for reading my review! That was very detailed explanation.

Anyway, after reading your writing, the story of Katanagatari makes much more sense. :) Fifty minutes full of dialogue can be quite difficult to comprehend and it's easy for me to loose track of import bits of details.

Oh, regarding the comment on my blog, it was actually submitted but filtered as a spam for some reason. Your comment should now be up there as I restored it. I'll look into the wordpress's spam filter system.

Jul 10, 2010 10:56 AM
Jun 2008
stevewiess01 said:
About the Akudo Bita, I don't think the anime explained in that amount of detail. I suppose you have already the light novel. Maybe I should pick up the novel some time in the future. :)
Ya I know, it seem the Anime did not explain it,but I saw saw the electric spark ^^ .So you could say its a electric needle therapy.The Akuto Bita look like a KUNAI right?
苦無KU means "suffering" and NAI means "No/nothing"
Ku+Nai= No suffering.LOL ...when people wear this sword they will suffer no pain/suffering but will take damage to the body.Actually there is alot of explanation in the novel and probably I forgot most of them .....
Jul 12, 2010 12:31 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Nanami is a monster trapped in human skin.
Jul 12, 2010 2:14 AM

Jan 2009
By now, I can't decide if I watch this for Togame and Shichika, or if it's all for Nanami~ x'D
Well anyway, Nanami <3
Also, I liked that part of this episode was kind of like a side-scrolling RPG xD (Not just side-scrolling actually, but w/e)
Togame's hair D:
And..
Nanami~ 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 12, 2010 2:17 AM

Sep 2009
This was an epic episode. I'm actually going to miss Nanami though.
Jul 12, 2010 3:12 AM
Jun 2007
DAMMIT WHY?
Jul 12, 2010 4:53 AM

Aug 2009
Doesn't her skill make her the strongest? Think about it, a skill that could copy any move. And besides she said that all of what she learned was inferior to her "own" power. If she would've used her full strength with Akutou Bita, Shichika would've been, *cough* ... I'm sorry... OBLITERATED! But she didn't, I haven't read the manga but she surely must be the strongest right?
Sig iz in deh makingz

Still learningz

:3
Jul 12, 2010 5:53 AM

Oct 2009
Suzune-chanJan 24, 2013 1:12 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2010 6:25 AM
Jun 2008
DoubleDango said:
FUCKING OMFUCKINGOD FUCK FUCKING FUCK...

My favorite characther... and also fuck for being spoiled the ending by some person who read the novel fuck.

I swear I didn't spoil about Nanami's death....

Mod EditAdded Spoiler Tags
Suzune-chanJan 24, 2013 1:12 PM
Jul 12, 2010 6:30 AM

Oct 2009
MorningGlory said:
DoubleDango said:

This was fucking awesome episode though fuck.

Lol. The narrator did that, what I was spoiled about was:

Pardon me if I spoiled you (at least there was a spoiler unlike the time I was spoiled); but, this way at least I feel better of the fact that it wasn't just me.

Seriously though... this amazing episode is so sad :'(
The ED brought me to tears.
Suzune-chanJan 24, 2013 1:13 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2010 9:28 AM

Oct 2009
This episode was amazing. Or perhaps, depressing? Either way works.
Jul 12, 2010 9:41 AM

Nov 2007
Great episode as usual; Katanagatari never disappoints. The scene when Nanami slashes her way through the Shireisan grounds in top-down 2D must have been an homage to Pocky & Rocky - at least I'll tell myself that. I'll say it again: anime of the year, no doubt about it. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 12, 2010 10:29 AM
Jun 2008
The 2D part is suppose to be a serious part of EmonZaemon's explanation on Nanami's movement and I can't believe that part is so funny!!!!

Is there any one can do a gift image for me on that part pls^^
Jul 12, 2010 10:57 AM

Jun 2009
epic episode though ill miss Nanami

loved the 2D side scrolling and the RPG elements

next episode looks intense
Jul 12, 2010 11:18 AM

Sep 2007
NANAMIIIIIIIIIIIII !
My beautiful picture of her. :'(
Jul 12, 2010 2:20 PM

Mar 2009
Great episode... great face off between the siblings and info about their family's technique. "They are a sword who cannot use a sword." Wow... that's crazy...
Jul 12, 2010 2:39 PM

Jun 2008
Man, I got one heck of a Touhou vibe off this episode.

Great episode! ^^
Jul 12, 2010 2:55 PM

Dec 2008
I thought the video game side scrolling stuff and RPG looking stuff was amusing.

I'm also glad they killed off Nanami. I didn't like her character.

Togame's new hairstyle is cute. I like it.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jul 12, 2010 3:15 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode! The 2D side scrolling scene seemed like it was based off the Pocky & Rocky (aka Kiki Kaikai) games.

Does anyone know the name of the reggae/rap song at the end where Shichika and Togame were on the ship?

Dang someone already beat me to the Pocky and Rocky ref.
Jul 12, 2010 3:19 PM

Jan 2010
*sniff* This kinda sucked. Nanami died, The Maniwani only showed up for five minutes, tops, and Shiki-boy was put through yet another traumatizing loss in his family. Togami looked much better with long hair, imo. I can't help but *almost* cry for Nanami, her life must have been horrible. Also, the ghosts of their parents, was that just her imagination, or was it the sword doing that?
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jul 12, 2010 3:20 PM

Jun 2007
Togame with short hair? Fuck this shit.
Jul 12, 2010 5:22 PM

Nov 2008
DoubleDango said:
The ED brought me to tears.
You and me both, then. ;_;

I love the episode. Nanami! ;__;
Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.
Jul 12, 2010 5:35 PM

Sep 2008
*sniffles*

Togame should have died instead.
Jul 12, 2010 5:46 PM

Jul 2009
Believe it or not this was the worst episode so far for me.
Jul 12, 2010 6:53 PM

Aug 2008
I'd say this was second to worst. The worst is absolutely the first episode for me. The 2D stuff was a clever way to sidestep the fact that they had a smaller budget for the episode, but every other facet of the production seemed very cheap in a way that was disappointingly unexpected, especially for such a tense moment of development for Shichika and Nanami's death. Since she's my favorite character on the show, and just one of my favorite characters in a while, I'm very sad that this didn't really capture a whole lot of her despair the way her devoted episode did.

I'm also glad she cut Togame's hair. I was getting tired of it, and it's a cute cut.

Still a good episode, though. Just not as great as the others.
Jul 12, 2010 8:08 PM

Dec 2008
"I 'absorbed' techniques from others in order to be weaker, since my body cannot withstand my own strength"

WTF! She is soooo Kenpachi lol! Anyway, great episode I'm a bit sad about Togame's hair though but we'll have to live with it; or not? Next month, next month...

stevewiess01 said:
Wrong! You cannot post direct link to torrents or downloads. Make sure you read the rules and guidelines of this forum properly before posting any BS.

Hai! .mkv and .avi - Mazui Fansubs

HawthorneKitty said:
*sniffles*

Togame should have died instead.
Cherrioo!!! *slaps*

noteDhero said:
I'd say this was second to worst.

I'm also glad she cut Togame's hair. I was getting tired of it, and it's a cute cut.
You can share the same fate as well. Just that I'd like to make sure that Akutou Bita is still stuck in Nanami's chest, so that she doesn't get tired of stepping on you : D

Mod Edit: Removed quote and inflammatory content.
ShockedJul 28, 2017 3:33 PM
Jul 12, 2010 8:45 PM

Nov 2009
For some reason the atmosphere of this episode made me laugh at the poor jokes. 2D effect was cool. Was a good episode overall, but i agree they didn't get enough of Nanmi's emotions expressed. Was she really suffering so much?...

I don't know if i like the haircut. Will have to get used to it.
Jul 12, 2010 9:15 PM
Jun 2008
flame_master_14 said:
Also, the ghosts of their parents, was that just her imagination, or was it the sword doing that?
There is no ghost.It is just part of Nanami's memory.

randywmorgan17 said:
"They are a sword who cannot use a sword."

because they are sword just like the other sword....
Jul 12, 2010 9:42 PM

Dec 2008
MorningGlory said:
randywmorgan17 said:

I think you just spoiled the entire plot my friend (even if it was that obvious.) Thank you very, very much...

Probably most people aren't as smart as yourself to know what you're talking about, but I'm sure most people have enough substance on their brain to think about putting the spoiler sentence under the spoiler tag.
vault2049Jul 12, 2010 9:54 PM
Jul 12, 2010 9:49 PM

May 2010
This episode was pretty underwhelming, considering all the hype for Nanami, etc.

I still liked it, though. Nanami was my favorite character too.
Jul 12, 2010 9:55 PM
Jun 2008
vault2049 said:
MorningGlory said:
randywmorgan17 said:

I think you spoiled the entire plot my friend (even if it was obvious) thank you very, very much...
Actually my sentence is no much difference compare to "They are a sword who cannot use a sword".Sword is just Sword.How can A sword use a sword......
No one understand this sentence unless they watch till the end.If you understand it,then just message me in my profile and let me know that you really know....
MorningGloryJul 12, 2010 9:59 PM
Jul 12, 2010 10:00 PM

Jul 2009
Good bye Nanami, she is such a wonderful character
What a peaceful scene in the end between Nanami and Shichika, i almost cried
Jul 12, 2010 10:23 PM

Jan 2010
"The katanas have too much design freedom!" ROFL

If only this show had a little more budget... it would have been perfect.
Jul 12, 2010 10:50 PM

Feb 2008
I agree about the budget - the show could have be truly amazing. - I don't know if I care for the new haircut but it definitely makes her look more action figure-ish. - Not my favorite ep but a good one
Jul 12, 2010 11:42 PM

Dec 2009
MorningGlory said:
vault2049 said:
MorningGlory said:
randywmorgan17 said:

I think you spoiled the entire plot my friend (even if it was obvious) thank you very, very much...
Actually my sentence is no much difference compare to "They are a sword who cannot use a sword".Sword is just Sword.How can A sword use a sword......
No one understand this sentence unless they watch till the end.If you understand it,then just message me in my profile and let me know that you really know....

Now I am trying to puzzle out this mystery and coming up with all sorts of absurd ideas. (I should just go to bed....)
Jul 13, 2010 12:13 AM

Jan 2008
I'm going to miss Nanami...I really liked her. I loved this episode as it had be in total awe and I was also bawling by the end. This episode really exceeded my expectations...but now I expect the rest to be even better! ...although I can already see myself being a bit disappointed at one point or another within the last 5 episodes. Although what I still don't get is...why was Nanami unable to die an ordinary death? shouldn't her weak body eventually give away, if old age or illness doesn't kick in first? Her fighting skills are strong, but her body isn't...Oh well, my guess is that she didn't want to live as an outcast by her father, calling her a monster and all, or she didn't want to live through the suffering of having a frail body not being able to handle her immense strength, or she wanted to be killed by Shichika rather than let her own weakness or some illness kill her off. In any case, She looked satisfied as she was still his older sister to the end (on the inside) and seemed to really love Shichika, as evident by the last flashback scene of their childhood...which was so incredibly sweet that I teared.

I also love Togame's new haircut.

And dammit, spoilers....really takes the excitement out of things and leaves me with dissatisfaction and/or disappointment instead. I guess that was my fault for underestimating the spoiler button.
Jul 13, 2010 12:16 AM

Oct 2009
4kicks said:
I'm going to miss Nanami...I really liked her. I loved this episode as it had be in total awe and I was also bawling by the end. This episode really exceeded my expectations...but now I expect the rest to be even better! ...although I can already see myself being a bit disappointed at one point or another within the last 5 episodes. Although what I still don't get is...why was Nanami unable to die an ordinary death? shouldn't her weak body eventually give away, if old age or illness doesn't kick in first? Her fighting skills are strong, but her body isn't...Oh well, my guess is that she didn't want to live as an outcast by her father, calling her a monster and all, or she didn't want to live through the suffering of having a frail body not being able to handle her immense strength, or she wanted to be killed by Shichika rather than let her own weakness or some illness kill her off. In any case, She looked satisfied as she was still his older sister to the end (on the inside) and seemed to really love Shichika, as evident by the last flashback scene of their childhood...which was so incredibly sweet that I teared.

I also love Togame's new haircut.

And dammit, spoilers....really takes the excitement out of things and leaves me with dissatisfaction and/or disappointment instead. I guess that was my fault for underestimating the spoiler button.

You sir, is great.
Jul 13, 2010 12:30 AM

Jan 2009
wow so the reason why nanami copies other peoples abilities is to make herself weaker and thus making her live more because using only her power will make her body overload and boom her body will self-destruct
Jul 13, 2010 1:36 AM

Sep 2007
It's what amapressing. :)
Anyways, loved this episode, same if i have been trolled. XD
Jul 13, 2010 3:20 AM

Sep 2008
I don't know if I should be depressed or happy now that Nanami's gone. She played the antagonist well(very well indeed I might add) in this episode specially when she cut Togame's hair which even roused whatever feelings I had for her. On one end Togame is left with a bob-cut, and on the other, we say farewell to Nanami....I should say this was a sh!t episode due to losing a great character but I'm loving it even more...

R.I.P Nanami...you will be missed

Jul 13, 2010 9:43 AM

Dec 2009
4kicks said:

I know right? I pressed that spoiler button too. I've got into the bad habit of just thinking that they are pictures instead of actual spoilers. And that was one hell of a spoiler :(

So, if any one has not yet pressed DoubleDango's spoiler on page 1.... DO NOT DO IT!
Jul 13, 2010 10:14 AM

Jul 2009
ilikeyouevenmore said:

So, if any one has not yet pressed DoubleDango's spoiler on page 1.... DO NOT DO IT!

^^^^^^

Also, spoiler tags are to be used for information BEYOND the CURRENT episode, not to hide shit like Nanami's death or Togame's hair.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hana-kei - Apr 16, 2010

420 by valennienana »»
Apr 22, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 8, 2010

180 by ariharan_ars »»
Feb 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Dec 10, 2010

631 by I_LIKE_ANIME_SO »»
Jan 3, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2010

333 by Dumb »»
Jul 30, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bautrey37 - May 23, 2010

163 by Aldones »»
Feb 18, 2023 7:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.