Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 7, 2014 4:26 PM

Oct 2010
On rewatch, I shat my pants when the bearded watashi walked into his room because *spoilers*. I forgot that even happened.
May 9, 2014 6:02 PM

Jan 2010
not enough Akashi
i love it when Ozu dresses up as a woman
developmennnt
Sep 11, 2014 6:25 AM

Mar 2013
Extremely strong episode. Reminiscent of the Pyramid Scheme in NHK. The analysis of the symbolism by posters such as physics223 is informative, well thought out, and frankly quite impressive.
Oct 31, 2014 3:19 PM

Sep 2014
This show's made a very nice comeback after that rough episode 1
Jan 10, 2015 7:35 PM

Dec 2012
The part where the people were gassed and started hugging and crying after venting out all of their frustration was so unsettling and hilarious. I wish I could remember the name of it, but it reminds me of a program in high school where they would gather all of the incoming freshmen and make them participate in an extremely corny anti-bullying program. I remember we watched a video on it and it was like all of these high school students crying in each other's arms going "No more bullying! No more hate!" and it almost looked like a cult of peace.
Feb 15, 2015 3:29 PM

Mar 2014
hmm... not much Akashi and not much Master made this episode a little underwhelming to me, but it was still interesting nonetheless.
It's especially interesting that they showed Ozu in drag again like he was in the first episode.
I'm now wondering if each episode is taking place in an alternate dimension like I first through... or if each story is linked together somehow... but out of order.
Really hope they explain everything by the end, but even if they don't, I'm still enjoying the characters and the things they get up to each episode.
::End of Transmission::

Mar 6, 2015 3:11 AM

Dec 2013
That group reminded me of a cult...

Someone stole the air balloon? I knew who that was immediately lol

Need more Akashi!
May 2, 2015 5:56 AM
Nov 2014
Abit dull at times but good ep nonetheless, Ozu is creepy as fuck in that grill outfit lol. No Akashi in this ep tho :(
May 8, 2015 2:27 PM

Feb 2015
Not much akashi :c

Ozu got pushed off again same thing happened in like episode 1 or 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2015 7:39 AM
May 2012
Was that him at the end?? ahahaha.

born2badored said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
this was good but not as funny as the last. It was like that NHK ep about the multi-level marketing schemes.
ozu does look less frightening as a girl, sick
very little akashi...:( also the master not around much, I guess thats why i'm bummed.

Yep, and Kingsman.
Looks like things are finally starting to wrap up.
Jun 17, 2015 4:12 AM

Jul 2012
not enough akashi </3
but i actually think i'm starting to get a feel for how everything is interconnecting
Jun 26, 2015 5:21 AM

Apr 2015
The members of the Softball club... nightmare fuel
I thought things would turn out better for Watashi but it's only getting worse 0_0
Bruh check out my soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/wal-skynner

" Becoming an adult means hating milk chocolate and loving brocolis. "

~ Wal Skynner
Jul 2, 2015 7:53 AM

Aug 2014
Awesome episode
That whole moment where they all said what they truly thought of each other was literally just like (Potential Neon Genesis Evangelion Spoilers)

Very funny episode
Jul 16, 2015 9:40 PM

Jun 2013
One of the best so far, but very little Akashi :(
Aug 13, 2015 2:45 AM

Nov 2012
Neko Ramen is boss.
Aug 13, 2015 10:32 PM

Mar 2012
Strong lack of Akashi. I've never been a fan of cult episodes so this one wasn't very entertaining.
Jan 13, 2016 5:07 AM

Aug 2014
Good episode so far...
sup
Jan 20, 2016 10:31 AM

Jun 2009
watashi and tada banri would get along. also lol @ the 2012 bullshit. can't believe i started watching this in 2010...
Mar 1, 2016 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
MorningGlory said:
Ozu in Yukata ^^ Sexy !!!!

I know this is really old but I think he meant that if the difference is less than 1% (aka, if it is like 99,64%), then it can be advertised as 100%.
May 15, 2016 8:38 PM

May 2012
I still have absolutely no idea what is going on.

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Jun 6, 2016 7:12 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah... pretty sure he joined a cult this time.
Aug 17, 2016 3:42 AM

Jul 2008
Now it's a softball cult...this show is getting too oddball.

It feels like a sludge to get through, but maybe it's just these last 2 episodes I didn't like.
May 9, 2018 2:45 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ooo333 said:
So far on my journey of this episodic anime:

Episode 1 = Very fun

Episode 2 = Very fun

Episode 3 = Very fun

Episode 4 = Bored. The episodic repetitive stuff not good now.

Episode 5 = Bored. The episodic repetitive stuff not good now.

Thank you!
Finally someone calling the obvious, I dont get it how almost everyone is still thinking this is good or the plot is evolving!
Feels too episodic for me right now, I want to see it progressing, not all these loops to show different different outcomes... this episode disappointed me alot.
Hope this whole repeating pays of in the end because right now it only annoys me, I hope that old lady falls and goes to the hospital, it is not fun but vexing each time a scene with her shows up.

I foresee myself hating anime if it keeps going this way, which is sad since I was liking it to so much, at the start, when things felt fresh!
May 12, 2018 7:32 PM

Jul 2012
Getting really repetitive and still not self awareness from MC. It'll be hard for my score to go up at the end with how plain the previous episodes have been.

@Playcool whoa you rated it a 9/10 in the end! Looks like you were proven wrong :P
May 13, 2018 12:08 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Mayuka said:
Getting really repetitive and still not self awareness from MC. It'll be hard for my score to go up at the end with how plain the previous episodes have been.

@Playcool whoa you rated it a 9/10 in the end! Looks like you were proven wrong :P

No matter my disapproval with the direction of the plot, I pretty much greatly enjoyed everything else, gets the lowest 9 I can give due to all those factors.
Still kinda overrated anime, but if you like stylish artstyle and just want to see something different, this does fit right in.
Aug 8, 2018 3:10 AM

May 2016
How unusual for a cheery Softball Club to be the front of a pharmaceutical multi-level marketing doomsday cult. Spending that much money and earning it all back only to spend it all again shows how desperate he really is.

It's nice to see the Neko Ramen guy have a bigger role in the episode because he looks so chill while being a bro to his frequent customers.

Akashi being kind to him made him realize that he wasted two years trying to get on with the wrong girl once again. I bet by the time he realizes the opportunity dangling under his nose on time, that old lady will get a total of 66 thousand yen from him throughout all those time-loops he caused.

Feb 12, 2019 11:20 AM

Aug 2017
1/5, another crummy episode and waste of time.
Aug 24, 2019 11:00 PM

Aug 2017
Creepy episode, it seems that they're just a cult.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 15, 2019 7:54 AM

May 2018
This is an amazing episode. This time we got some new religion for the whole world, who even create a thing same to Noah's ark. A great episode to explain creepiness, especially everyone in the bee company has been smiling all the time. The part when the people show their true feelings is my favorite part, I love it.

Nov 2, 2019 5:16 PM

Feb 2012
I thought this was gonna be a sports episode but it ended up being a pyramid scheme cult alá Scientology.

lol when they mixed in the 2012 doomsday

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 9, 2019 8:46 AM

Mar 2016
This ep is more energetic than the previous eps before. Especially with the grand plot about a cult of young adults under the influence of a health product company. Quite interesting how despite the fact that each of them is wearing a mask on their personality, they could let the emotions flow out in that one room with the weird gas. Meanwhile, Watashi, someone who for sure have various the pent up emtions residing within him, is the only one unaffected by it.

Of course, Ozu is the one who hijacked and blow the airship down. I'm just happy that at least Watashi is not really dragged into the mess Ozu has created.

Watashi with that full beard was so obnoxious, it just made me laugh hard!
Dec 22, 2019 1:32 PM

Aug 2013
This anime isn't so different from "Sakamoto Desu ga?" in its episodic conception with same tier of "jokes", same tiredness from ridiculous life moments, same worthless process of watching this, same high ranking without any sense. I bet girls liked it very much since Akashi doing nothing, just waiting, and anime is loudly crying that "MC should try harder!". Pretty pathetic.
May 23, 2020 12:24 PM

Dec 2016
Wow, just wow.
Best episode so far.
I really related to Watashi when he felt uncomfortable about all the people being too nice.
This ep was almost perfect, it just needed a little more Akashi.
May 30, 2020 1:07 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Shame on you Watashi, you still dont know what to do, even in 5 different scheme of world. And i need to repeat it again and again in the next episode. Now i feel pity for myself. Lol.

Seems like Ozu stop being jerk on this show. Thats only a good thing from this miserable episode.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 30, 2021 5:08 AM

Feb 2020
Oh, looks like some character development for Watashi is starting to appear. It seems that he is being haunted by his own self, making him face the truth about how he lost two years of his life. Isn't that the first time he didn't mention either the club he joined nor Ozu in the conclusion ? He also didn't at all talk about Ozu being a bad influence this episode, actually he even tried to understand him this time. Is it the sign of him beginning to face his own faults rather than putting the blame on the club and Ozu ? Is that how he will gradually get closer and closer to get out of this loop ? It is getting very interesting.
May 26, 2021 8:36 AM

May 2020
First episode where Watashi admits he got into this situation because of himself.

Also looks like the different versions of Watashi are running into each other, if that bearded dude was indication. I also think Watashi is definitely aware to some extent that he's in some time loop.
May 26, 2021 8:36 AM

May 2020
First episode where Watashi admits he got into this situation because of himself.

Also looks like the different versions of Watashi are running into each other, if that bearded dude was any indication. I also think Watashi is definitely aware to some extent that he's in a time loop.
Aug 9, 2021 8:51 AM

May 2018
So this time 私 joined a crazy cult lol
Oct 30, 2021 2:17 AM
Aug 2021
I thought it was just gonna be a softball club but it turns out to be a smiley-faced(probably fake), crazy cult. And Watashi actually blames himself for choosing to join a circle for the first time. Welp Ozu fell down the bridge and broke his leg.

Wtf was that ending. Why was there an older Watashi coming through the window??
Is he slowly breaking out of this loop?
Dec 19, 2021 3:22 PM
Jan 2021
the freeze image with the arrow marking the position of the protagonists without showing them is awesome. genius
Dec 19, 2021 3:23 PM
Jan 2021
the freeze image with the arrow marking the position of the protagonists without showing them is awesome. genius
Dec 19, 2021 3:23 PM
Jan 2021
Feb 13, 2022 10:51 PM

Oct 2020
That was quite the episode, maybe my favourite one so far. "Thanks to the health food, my lifestyle got more and more unhealthy" this was my favourite dialogue for some reason.
Ozu proving again that he's the best boy XD. But there was a serious lack of Akashi-san in this episode tho.

And what was with that ending?!!

4/5

"FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" - Gyro Zeppeli
Mar 14, 2022 2:18 PM

Aug 2012
Contender for my favourite episode so far, just really funny. On the positive note, we saw the first real strive forward, as Watashi finally accepts responsibility. But just beyond that, the whole cult thing was really funny. My favourite joke comes early, when Watashi would say something "Bad" and the colour from the scene would be completely gone with the smiles still on their frozen faces.

Some people in this thread are already sick of the repeated bits, and while I'm a little tired of the fortune teller price raise gag, I think this episode did a job of making them mostly fresh. Watashi being in the bee costume and being grabbed/pulled to the fortune teller made for a funny change of pace, and I really love how they used the raven-haired maiden here, with her not just being a a fantasy that melts away but a specific motivator in the episode.

That ended with Future-Watashi(?) coming threw me for a loop, or a circle. Pretty interesting, will be looking forward to how that comes back.
May 7, 2022 10:27 AM

Feb 2021
That honey club factory looked so creepy idk why. It gave me eerie vibes lol. The way all of them were working mechanically was kinda weird.

That definitely felt like a cult meeting lol.

Isn't that book 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea?

Hol' up. In the end, was that person an older version of the mc?!?

Sep 24, 2022 11:19 PM

Mar 2010
I guess this time he joined a cult. Funny how that lady is charging the guy by 1000 yen more each time for the same advice. Wonder what he is gonna do next.
Mar 5, 2023 11:45 AM
Apr 2021
bees are cool and mochigumen is cute
Jun 9, 2023 1:45 PM
Oct 2022
It gave me different thinggs than the chapt 1 but I felt the same, amazing
Aug 30, 2023 12:23 PM

Aug 2022
I suppose that the guy at the end was him. What's happening?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

controlmajortom - Jul 1, 2010

352 by PsychicSensor »»
Apr 30, 9:32 PM

» Do many people have trouble with the speed of the dialogue?

Temoblanks - May 29, 2020

20 by Chaplin87 »»
Apr 28, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jun 3, 2010

98 by haydnwright »»
Apr 21, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Jun 10, 2010

92 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 12, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

controlmajortom - May 6, 2010

127 by blinddig »»
Apr 10, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.