Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2011 6:08 AM

Jun 2011
AironicallyHuman said:
He still avoided allowing the main pairing to enter into a relationship until the very end to increase the drama, rather than taking his work in a direction more suited for older/more mature readers. And he still ended it in an unsatisfying way; not showing the matches at Koushien and not showing much/anything of the post-baseball lives of the characters.

Bravo, spot on. Your post echoed exactly how i felt at the end.

After following the anime for 50 episodes, and watching the subtle (and slow) developments between Ko and Aoba. I really expected a better closure than what we got. It felt more like a sudden ending, rather than a conclusion on the story of the Crossgame 'world'.

I guess the ending dissapointed me so much because i have grown attached to the characters and expected to see each of their stories told and ended neatly.

If there ever was an anime/manga that needed to be continued or come out with some extra issues, Crossgame is it.. (and School Rumble).
Jun 21, 2011 9:37 AM
Review Moderator
Mar 2010
I honestly think people who are complaining about the ending being premature is missing the point of the anime. First of all, Cross Game is a simple shounen fairy tale, the ending of which you can tell for the first few episodes, and it NEVER pretended to be anything otherwise. Its simplicity and non-pretentiousness is exactly what makes it so good. The important question was never in "what happens", but HOW it happens.

The story is basically how the cast realised Wakaba's last dream, and about Ko and Aoba finally overcoming their mutual obstacle of the death of a loved one, and finally getting together. And it did EXACTLY that, no more, no less. The story is over, there's nothing more to tell, and people who are expecting more are looking for an anime Cross Game was never meant to be - it's not meant to be one of those never ending sports/romance shows that just keeps going and going. If it kept going I'd label it as selling out due to popular demand.

As for the Koshien - it doesn't matter, they've reached it and realised Wakaba's dream, there's not much more to say on that. In case people haven't realised, baseball has never been the top priority of the anime, and it says as much as Ko and Azuma both realise that there are much more important things in life than baseball, and I think not showing Koshien is actually a neat way of underlining that point.

Personally, I honestly could not have asked much more from a near perfectly executed and wrapped up ending.
Take off every SIG!!
Jun 28, 2011 9:06 PM

Mar 2010
This ending was truly a master piece. from the start you can easily guess that they would end up together (although akane made me doubt).

however is the way they ended it what made it so good. the liar phrase, aoba crying, both going for their first picture... T_T so cute
Aug 6, 2011 2:23 PM

May 2008
Another great anime even if the original creator likes to recycle a lot, they do feel different at the end of the day. 9/10
Sep 14, 2011 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
that.
was.
amazing

aoba and kou's dialogue in the last few eps was awesome. No cheesy "i love you" or kiss like a shoujo, but rather something unique but CLEARLY demonstrating how much they love each other.

10/10. simply something that went under my radar, and should never have!
Sep 25, 2011 7:37 PM

Dec 2010
That last moment on the train was everything I could have wished for in KouxAoba...

One of the most compelling and quietly brilliant series I have seen in a long time. Fantastic.
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Oct 13, 2011 6:50 PM

Oct 2009
Spirit, characters, drama, comedy, the whole atmosphere...

Loved it!

Adachi is splendid!
Oct 14, 2011 9:24 AM

Oct 2010
to everyone complaining about the lack of koshien, you get a glimpse of the match when the ending song plays which fulfills wakaba's dream. you have kou as the pitcher, akashi as the catcher, and aoba in the center field (the picture of aoba that akane drew displayed on the center field screen). how is that not a great ending?! the manga didn't even have that much closure.

Confucius said:Will someone explain to me
1. So at the end by the train when Aoba had her monologue, is she implying that she always loved Kou but she doesn't know it? (or does she know it but too stubbron to admit it?)
2. Kou knew Aoba liked him, but didn't say a thing??
3. Aoba ignoring Wakaba's warning about stealing him?
4. So Akane was pretty much a tool
5. Where the hell is my Koshien?
6. Also, I was sure that the last episode would be about Kou giving a ring to Aoba for brithday or something instead to Wakaba

1. she's always loved kou but either was respecting wakaba's wishes or really didn't understand her feelings for him.

2. i think that's just kou's personality.

3. as someone mentioned, i'm sure wakaba would want kou and aoba to be happy together. that warning was made before she died anyways.

4. i think akane was guided by wakaba to help them realize their feelings as well as a reminder that wakaba was always with them.

5. see what i said above.

6. technically wakaba was going to get the ring on her 20th birthday. so assume aoba got it then.
silvermoon8573Oct 14, 2011 8:38 PM
Oct 16, 2011 8:53 PM

Aug 2010
Well that was spectacular!! I really enjoy this series a lot, even if I'm not a big fan of baseball some of the matches really kept me on my toes and the end was outstanding!!

9/10 for me and I'm so glad for Aoba and Kou ^^
Oct 25, 2011 5:17 PM

Aug 2008
Final episode had me on the verge of tears for these characters. This anime's musical score was through the fucking roof amazing! It elevated so many amazing scenes into perfection. I haven't felt this bittersweet about finishing a series in a really long time. I will really miss watching this through for the first time.

Subtle, naturally paced, and a great cast. I loved this more than I ever I thought I would. Straight up 10/10 for me in every way.
Nov 2, 2011 2:27 PM

Oct 2011
Aoba didn't stop bitching until the very end. I hate people like her who hide their true feelings in both anime and real world. These kind of people ruin both their life and other people's lives. Story was good, but I couldn't find the romance I was expecting.

Animation was very high quality. Especially I liked the warm colors very much. The character drawings weren't too detailed, but it is better that way. In an anime, characters must look anime-rashii after all.

Rating: 9/10
Dec 1, 2011 9:18 AM
Dec 2010
Very good enjoyable anime, i have no idea about baseball and i watched this mainly because of romance, slice of life and its characters, it managed to pull me in and make me cheer on them even during baseball matches.
Very good anime 8/10

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Dec 1, 2011 9:26 AM
Dec 2010
tigerz said:
I still didn't really understand the whole it's a lie thing. I just don't understand where that came from. It's a lie meaning aoba didn't really hate him all along and he knew it all along but pretended he didn't. I just couldn't understand why he said that when she asked if he liked her better than Akane. How could anyone understand what he meant then.

From my angle, i'd say since they are both alike , they were both not honest persons, he realized long time ago that she wasn't honest person with her feelings and also the fact how they think similar helped him to confirm that. He just used her own language to confess indirectly, she would slap him even before anything could happens if he did it more usual way, You know how she is, haha ;)
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Dec 1, 2011 9:27 AM
Dec 2010
kie_ said:
Am I the only one who didn't like the ending...?

i could use little bit more of "we are together scenes" but yeah you are likely to be in minority here, hehe
Dec 14, 2011 11:59 PM

Oct 2011
beautiful series, probably one of those anime i wont be forgeting for a long time
Nope.
Dec 29, 2011 7:40 PM

Apr 2011
This was all more about the journey than the destination, was hoping for more of a romantic ending.. but oh well still was a great series.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Jan 6, 2012 12:21 AM
May 2011
I didn't like Kou ending up with Aoba. I don't see their relationship is going be strong enough to them eventually become a couple and marry in the end. Kou needed a kind and soft girl like Akane or Wakaba (who died) in the end. Aoba just doesn't suits him for me. So I am greatly disappointed he ended up with her. (((
Jan 19, 2012 7:00 PM

Oct 2008
Just rushed it in 5 days, great series overall though the ending was quite predictable (since the 3rd or 4th ep to be honest).

Btw, it surprised me that the 160km/h pitch wasn't the winning one, when the umpire called it a ball it was a big WTF for me, but it adds more realism to the game, so that was a good thing.

8,5/10 for me (I guess it lacked the epic touch that makes me give a 9 to a series).
Feb 15, 2012 3:12 PM

Jan 2012
Fantastic ending, really difficult to sum up in words how this anime all came together. The foundation was laid in episode 2, when Kou learned that to get Aoba to like him, he needed to pitch over 100mph. From that moment on, the conclusion was seemingly inevitable.

Every episode had the signs. Not words, mind you. Visual signs. A look here, a pause there. I've never seen stronger romantic feelings between a potential couple displayed in any other media (animated or otherwise) before.

It came as no surprise Kou and Aoba would end up together, because by that point and time nothing made more sense. Even so, the process was the amazing thing and this episode really cemented that.

Akane wasn't the useless character we all assumed. No, she was guided by Wakaba to bring Kou/Aoba together and give them her blessing.

We get to see Koushein and Wakaba's dream fulfilled, with even Aoba appearing just as she had pictured.

Akaishi and Akane are clearly relationship material and even Azuma learned of far more important things than baseball.

This was the perfect ending to an epic story.
Mar 18, 2012 3:13 AM

Feb 2012
This was such an amazing show :') This is one of the only sports anime I actually enjoyed !
May 5, 2012 10:34 PM

Apr 2011
Finished the series in one week. Just watched this episode. I'm speechless.

This is the first time I've ever watched a sports anime and this show surprisingly entertained me with just the sports element. The romance only added to the show, and I think they did an amazing job. There were so many minor nuances that made this show amazing, that I can't possibly list all of it.

10/10
Jun 23, 2012 8:00 AM
Jun 2012
great anime-now I'm watching touch
Jul 7, 2012 12:30 AM

Oct 2009
Loved it right to the very end! In the beginning I was questioning whether to get involved with this series, considering how strong it started off with Wakaba's tragedy, but I'm truly glad I followed through on this series. Now I only wish it were longer! Hope there's eventually a follow-up, I'd like to see their appearance @ Koushien!!
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Aug 3, 2012 8:54 AM

Nov 2007
~ hiding a lie with a lie ~

Im Super happy! :) Shames! I totally love the ending. Super fulfulling. :D Its been so long since I watched an anime like this. weeeeeeeeee.

Kou x Aoba is what Ive always been waiting for.. And despite of being disappointed a few times because I thought it won't have a clear ending with romance at all, I was totally awed in the end. :D hoho. Saikou!!!

But of course not just for the Kou x Aoba though it was a great factor. :) The whole anime was nice. The pacing was good. :) Seriously, Im glad Ive watched this .. :D Ive already added it in my top faves. :D

10/10.
Aug 7, 2012 3:23 PM

Jun 2009
Okay thats it.. Actually im just halfway through the series but decided to take a peek on about what to happened to the romance.. I see that Kou and Aoba ended up ? Such a waste,, Akane is better in all aspects besides Baseball IMO.

I don't really wanna do this but i think Ill drop this one.. Don't get me wrong, I love the series and I really like Wakaba that's why its natural for me to root for Akane. I did all my best to like Aoba but it didn't work. i just can't like that personality, voice ,, the hair and also her face which is if you look closer, Her's and kou's face are like identical twins.I like a sweet and more feminine just like Akane....
Aug 7, 2012 3:27 PM

Jun 2009
solomon585858 said:
I didn't like Kou ending up with Aoba. I don't see their relationship is going be strong enough to them eventually become a couple and marry in the end. Kou needed a kind and soft girl like Akane or Wakaba (who died) in the end. Aoba just doesn't suits him for me. So I am greatly disappointed he ended up with her. (((

THIS.........I FEEL YOU BRO. I FEEL YOU.THAT'S WHY IM MAKING A WISE DECISION AS AN WAKABA/AKANE FAN..IM DROPPING THIS ONE EVEN THOUGH ITS GOOD. IM JUST IN EP 27 BTW. ROMANCE REALLY IS THE REASON I WATCHED THIS AND UNFORTUNATELY ITS NOT GOING THE WAY I LIKE IT.
Aug 22, 2012 7:59 AM
Jul 2012
I loved this series, I don't like Aoba, but I enjoyed the ending, i guess she really couldn't be honest with her feelings at the end. 8.7/10
Aug 25, 2012 4:19 AM

Nov 2011
Satisfying conclusion to a fantastic series. I love how they don't explicitly show that Kou's pitch went over 160, although everyone knew it did. The photo scene was great, it's such a shame there are so few scenes of them accepting each other.

I'm surprised they didn't bring up the Wakaba 20th birthday ring thing, but considering Aoba and Kou ended up together, I guess it is inevitable.

10/10.
Sep 3, 2012 1:31 AM
Dec 2011
kie_ said:

I wanted them to show the romance a little more in the end, and a kiss, AND I wanted to see the Koushien being played out than on their 20th b-days since it was an engagement ring for Wakaba I wanted to see what Ko was going to do with Aoba, and just like even 15 more episodes would've been amazing!! So I was disappointed as well.
Sep 3, 2012 1:35 AM
Dec 2011
I actually liked the thought of Aoba and Azuma as well. Even the cousin it would've been a HUGE unexpected twist though.
Sep 9, 2012 8:19 AM

Jun 2010
Terrible ending.

This anime had 50 episodes to work with, what on earth were they thinking? It was great at times, but the way they concluded things was terrible.

And yes, Azuma+Aoba would've been MUCH better.

At least Ichiyo got married I guess; I'm very disappointed, a series like this deserved a better ending, wasted potential right there.
TetraSlashSep 9, 2012 8:24 AM
Sep 18, 2012 2:23 PM

Apr 2011
Read the manga and watched the anime. I really liked this series! :DD I'm diffidently going to miss Ko and Aoba :C
Sep 20, 2012 11:08 AM

Sep 2011
Was that not the perfect ending? Everything I possibly wanted happened in this episode, excluding a kiss, but I forgive them.

1. A very intense game. [check]
2. Kou threw a 160km/h fastball. [check]
3. Seishuu's going to Koushien. [check]
4. Ichiyou & Junpei's wedding. [check]
5. Akaishi x Akane moment. [check]
6. Azuma with his "important" male friends. [check]

And the best for last,

the amazing confession! (one of the best I've ever seen) Aoba x Kou <3 woot woot :DDD

Final thoughts:
- Character development at its best!
- Very happy they didn't kill off Akane, that would've been cliche as fuck.
- Best sport anime of all time. (Until Chihayafuru 2 comes out! :D)
- 9/10!
funkotakuJan 23, 2018 11:55 PM
Sep 25, 2012 3:33 PM
Aug 2011
the best ever
10/10
Oct 6, 2012 3:40 PM

Sep 2012
i know i'm late to the party but also wanted to chime in with my thoughts on this anime. I finished all 50 eps in 3 days. And every single episode was enjoyable. Even sat through the filler ep.

the dialogue, the characters, the relationships were all done well. the charm level was close to 9000, and I actually sat there listening/watching the OP/ED songs (which I never do).

this is the best series I've ever watched, and I'm scared that I'll be watching anime for the next 20 years and won't find anything that will come close to this in terms of sheer enjoyment and charm.

Would be nice if they released an OVA or a two/three part series covering the Koushien. Wouldn't mind seeing a little more of the budding romance between Aoba and Kou either.

Also the voice actress for Aoba is also the va for Asuna in Sword Art Online which I found interesting.

Now I gotta find another anime that can take my mind off CG.

OriginANIME said:

And the best for last,

the amazing confession! (one of the best I've ever seen) Aoba x Kou <3 woot woot :DDD

I thought that scene as well as everything leading up to that moment was extremely well done, especially when Aoba started to cry. Definitely tugged at my heartstrings. But there's no crying in baseball, so I held it in. Soon after, I had to do some research on that particular voice actress.
cksdayoffOct 6, 2012 3:44 PM
Oct 20, 2012 10:49 PM

May 2008
Damn. This was really something.

10/10

First 10 I have given in over two years.
Dermatitus have plagued men for millenia. Peace, THERE IS NO CURE.
Nov 25, 2012 8:25 AM

Mar 2010
Other than being a sports anime, I loved how two people got together. It's not always that simple. It was very entertaining and fun, sad to watch as well.

So did he throw a 160? :)
Ending was Sooo cuttee!!! Soo danmn cute :D Azuma you are so strong to face all that. And too many people were watching.

Does it continue any way in manga? even for a bit? i know author has passed away but is there any extra material?
Nov 25, 2012 8:52 AM
Oct 2012
Lylaaz said:
Other than being a sports anime, I loved how two people got together. It's not always that simple. It was very entertaining and fun, sad to watch as well.

Ending was Sooo cuttee!!! Soo danmn cute :D Azuma you are so strong to face all that. And too many people were watching.

Does it continue any way in manga? even for a bit? i know author has passed away but is there any extra material?

Adachi Sensei is not dead, gees don't scare me like that. He has done 3 series since this one ended.

Adachi is the best at showing emotion, his nonverbal scenes are absolutely spot on, and his subtle use of humor and his even more subtle expression of the pain and sorrow the characters are feeling is amazing.

The animation was extremely close to the manga and ended at the same place.

Whether or not he threw 160 was left ambiguous. The pitch was supposed to be the fastest of the day, but they didn't record the speed. Adachi doesn't like to spell things out for people, and in this case whether or not he threw 160 is irrelevant, had he made it clear that Kou did throw it, it would have reduced the actual ending.
Jan 25, 2013 1:16 PM

Mar 2011
Simply beautiful.

10/10
Feb 3, 2013 1:36 AM

Jul 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Lylaaz said:

Whether or not he threw 160 was left ambiguous. The pitch was supposed to be the fastest of the day, but they didn't record the speed. Adachi doesn't like to spell things out for people, and in this case whether or not he threw 160 is irrelevant, had he made it clear that Kou did throw it, it would have reduced the actual ending.

While it's not made "crystal clear" it is declared to be the fastest pitch of the day. The previous highest pitches prior maxed at 158, which only leaves either 159 or hitting 160+. So you could believe either I suppose, but I feel like him hitting the mark ties in better with the ending than if he hadn't.

Feb 23, 2013 11:39 AM
May 2012
10/10

wow.. a simple yet a masterpiece anime..

i thought he would end up with akane and i thought of dropping it..
but thanks i haven't, very satisfied at hugging, crying, picturing, and holding hands scene with aoba...

very high rewatch rate..

better if this has a sequel involving koshien and more development of their relationship... AGREE!!
Mar 2, 2013 10:13 PM

Oct 2011
Wow.. I must say that I was really sceptical because of the character design, that's why I didn't watch Cross Game when I've first seen it.. After I watched Kuroko no Basuke this week and totally fell in love with it, I finally gave Cross Game a chance and I have to say that I probably won't ever be sceptical about the looks of an anime.

I have to say that Cross Game is one of the best shows I've ever seen and is definitely one of my overall favourites.

And it was probably the first time that I've watched 50 episodes so straight away with a huge anticipation for the next episode.

The only flaw is probably the lack of Seishuu baseball between episodes 30-40 but I guess that doesn't really matter since there was enough in the end.
It was only too bad that they didn't make the 160 km/h pitch official, but it's ok as long as the right person knows it.
And the way they gave us Kou x Aoba was nice, too.

10/10, though seeing or reading about Koushien would have been great, too :)
RiukixDFeb 27, 2014 7:24 PM
Mar 3, 2013 12:20 AM
Jul 2012
The main focus of this series was not the baseball or the koushien, it was the relationship between aoba and kou, if it was the baseball it would have finished after koushien. The ending was near perfect i would like it more if she really said "i love you" instead of lying saying "i hate you" (i know it means she loves him but it would be nice to see "i love you"). It was the predicted ending, kou making a 160kmh pitch so he could finally confess his love.
The 160kmh pitch was really unreal tough, he was so skinny and short, he could never hit 160kmh at 18 or any age, 160 kmh is a good speed even for pro baseballers, but in baseball anime the pitcher is always some weak guy that hits amazing speeds.
Mar 17, 2013 12:08 PM

Nov 2011
Game Set!

Dat embrace, nice:

And he didn't get slapped XD. Oh wait. A wonderful series that this is. Obviously, Aoba and Ko has a strange relationship but the ending at the station was cute with the duo holding hands :)

8/10
Mar 17, 2013 2:57 PM

Jan 2012
one of the best shows i have ever seen

10/10
Apr 1, 2013 6:54 PM

Jul 2012
I don't know whether I select Completed for the manga or anime. Technically, I read up to volume 16, then watched the last three episodes...

Still debating if it deserves an 8 or 9.
Loved the baseball and the first few volumes were excellent and worthy of a 10.

kie_ said:

You're not. I thought it was kind of predictable and not as great as I expected it to be.

I don't really like tsunderes and Aoba definitely was one. The romance was kind of misleading and unnatural IMO. Having two really similar people get together romantically is kind of odd in my standards. I feel as if Kou and Aoba are more in a best friend relationship.

My OTPs would definitely be Azuma x Aoba and Ichiyo x Junpei. I prefer Kou to end up with Akane. Either that, or alone as well.
Apr 15, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2010
I would've loved to see just a bit more of a hint of their relationship starting but great nonetheless.

9/10 for me. Really glad I found this show. Was skeptical at first but loved it in the end
Apr 19, 2013 1:01 PM

Aug 2008
Show was spectacular. I'm not a fan of sports anime but matches in this series were keeping me glued to the screen. And to be frank, final match was better than final scene. Even though chemistry between Kou and Aoba was hard to read at times, pairing them at the end felt kind of forced. Almost as bad as throwing Akane at Akaishi. Seeing as Akane got through surgery I was sure she would end up with Kou eventually considering their relationship up to this point. Kou and Aoba seem to me as people closer than siblings. Too similar and understanding each other better than anyone else. Sharing same pain and loving the same person, not each other. At least not romantically.

Well, there are very few series which managed to escape clutches of forced, official pairings at the end. It still was a great show to watch, keeping me at the edge of my seat instead all the time. And how great is to watch something good for 50 episodes. Ah, good series, good series.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 2, 2013 3:33 PM

Jan 2012
Well, this was an amazing ending to an amazing series. I'm really surprised it was this satisfying. I was really glad Kou ended up with Aoba. Anyway, this was one of the greatest sport shows I've ever seen.

May 7, 2013 4:05 AM
Apr 2013
So, obviously late to the game here, but I absolutely loved this show. I do have a few minor complaints, which I will list at the bottom of this post. But here is my interpretations for anyone else who comes along:

Aoba was always jealous of Wakaba's relationship with Koh.. but I also think Wakabe knew about how compatible Koh and Aoba would be. That's why she said not to take him away.

This story is as much (and maybe more) about the grieving process as it is about romance. I would recommend AnoHana: The Flower We Saw That Day for another, similar story about grief and loss.

It was obvious to others around them that Ao and Koh loved each other. Ichiyo knew it, Azuna knew it, even Akane knew it. They were all participating in the lie. They all knew those two were fated for each other, despite the denials.

Koh knew it, too, even while he was semi-dating Akane. Earlier in the series, Ao asked him if he liked Akane. His response was that she looked like Wakaba....then quietly, he says she looked too much like Wakaba. That to me was a big clue that one reason he could NOT accept her was because of that similarity. He didn't want a Wakaba replacement. There was no way he could ever love her like that.

Koh knew he loved Ao for a long time, but he always kept his emotions hidden, because she was doing the same thing. Those two are so alike, Aoba, and Koh.

While I would have liked to have seen a kiss, and more of a denouement of their relationship, I'll use some of Waka's personality and just simply be satisfied with the wonderful story I received.

As far as the lie within a lie:

When Aoba asked Koh if he liked Akane more than Waka, his response of not being able to compare the two because one was dead was his deceptive way of saying "No."

When Aoba asked Koh if he liked Akane more than her, this was her deceptive way of admitting her feelings for him.

But Koh felt he had to fulfill the prophecy given at the very start of the series: Make it to Koshien, and fulfill Waka's dream. Throw a 100 mph fastball, and become a man that Ao could love.

I really wish they hadn't done a voiceover over that scene, as it made it a bit ambiguous, but well, they were playing their usual liars game, still.

To paraphrase:
"Let me tell you a lie. I'm winning this game. I'm throwing a 100 mph fastball. And I'm in love with you."

I feel like I should check out some more of the author's works. I read the manga and watched the anime all in 3 days' time. It really had me hooked.

Ok, minor criticisms:

Baseball:
Using a pitcher for the entire game is extremely rare. Almost no one has that kind of arm endurance. And after a game you would rest your ace pitcher for days. We never saw anyone other than Koh pitch in a game. Totally unrealistic. We also had a mostly injury-free series - jammed fingers, sprained ankles, etc, should be the norm. They'd need a decent-sized roster for backups. But, we never saw a backup pitcher.

Koshien:
I wanted to see them fulfill the dream, with Ao in center field...such as sneaking her in to play, even if it meant forfeiting the championship game to do so.

Bratty manager:
We saw her driving toward the stadium, but we never saw anything after. No conclusion. Did she hook up with Keiichiro in the end? I'd like to think those two deserved each other.

Soba noodles:
The sign on the shop said "Closed for Business." That didn't sound temporary. Were they able to reopen the store? What happened?

Sequel/OVA.
It's now 2013. It seems there is no intention of an OVA or movie to tell the 'end' of the story. I wish there would be. I want to see Koshien. I want to see a kiss between Koh and Ao. And, I want him to buy Ao an engagement on Koh's 20th birthday. That, to me, would be the best way to conclude.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Help: Cross Game filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by zckfox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BlowITA - Apr 12, 2009

66 by -mmdll- »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fanty - Apr 5, 2009

194 by Ethan348 »»
Jul 3, 2023 3:30 PM

» Cross Game Soundtrack

falph - Apr 5, 2010

8 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2009

65 by EsieEyen »»
Nov 6, 2022 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.