Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 25, 2015 12:24 PM

Sep 2015
i liked it. pretty unique setting, nice visuals and interesting heroine. only the show feels kinda incomplete....

Dec 25, 2015 2:10 PM

Jan 2012
6/10 for me.
If I were to describe this series it would be wasted potential. It had a few plot conveniences which bugged me as well as a a lot of unanswered questions. (Which are probably answered in the novel I'm guessing)

The art and animation was very good.

Sakurako was an interesting character while Shoutarou was rage inducing at times.
The sound was decent.

My opinion on the story is mixed. The ideas of each arc is good , however it often feels like the author tries to hard to create unrealistic situations just to show off his knowledge. (Not that I'm complaining about that specifically) What I would have liked was if each mystery actually affected the story and not simply add new side characters which will never hold any importance.

Enjoyment is also mixed for me. Certain episodes I really liked , however almost every time Shoutarou opened his mouth I wanted to bash his head in with a brick. It was often infuriating.

I hope the novel get's an English translation or we get another season just so I could check out the source , however for the anime itself I was disappointed because of how much better this could have been.
PantsuPillowDec 25, 2015 2:20 PM
Dec 25, 2015 2:11 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, decent episode but really unfit as an ending, more like sneak peak for a sequel.
Which may or may not come after all. Without it it was highly forgettable anime.

6/10 At first this seemed like promising series but in the end it was rather boring one.
Dec 25, 2015 3:30 PM

Nov 2011
Should've had this ep a long time ago. Not impressed, really enjoyed the first few eps, but the mysteries got really boring. 5.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 25, 2015 6:44 PM
Aug 2012
Ok, so... before the airing I expected more from this show. The beginning was really disappointing but the few ones were better. Thanks to the opening, I'd been waiting for that butterflies maniac for such a long time and I receivde almost one big NOTHINg. But somehow "welcome to the abyss" was quite satisfying...
To sum up, probably it isn't going to have 2nd season but I really don't like the fact that they left so many thing unanswered! It would be better to not introduce so many decent characters and in exchange just let us find the answers.
1. What exactly happend to Soutaraou? Was his death manipulated by Hanabusa?
2. What about the fiancé? Seriously, is it possible for him to be that psycho artist I was looking for? It would be just far too easy explanation.
What about Sakurako's age then? Because probably she was very young when her uncle started investigating Hanabusa.
3. I suppose Sakurako was talking to her uncle connected with Hanabusa's case when we saw a scene with someone layng in the bed in hospital (or somewhere like this).
4. Sakurako'd told her Granny something about Shoutarou. Shoudn't it have some deeper meaning? I expected some connections after this scene but in the flashback we saw Soutarou's probably dead body.
I can go on and live without knowing asnwers for this questions but it would be nicer for them to let us know; if there won't be 2nd season and the novels aren't translated into English.
So 7/10 for nice ending song, bones' theme (something in my taste) and good animation. Sadly, it wasn't very good mystery or psychological show. Perfect Isnider is still my personal favourite.
Dec 25, 2015 10:00 PM

Aug 2014
So..... we never got to see the fiance.... come on!!!!!!

still, this was the anime I enjoyed most in Fall 2015.
Dec 25, 2015 10:28 PM

Jun 2009
It wasn't the best but hey I enjoyed it. Hope there's a second season.

Dec 25, 2015 11:24 PM

Aug 2013
Holy fuck that ending....can we PLEASE get a S2?

I don't know why people dislike the mysteries in this show. I thought they were really well done.

I'd much rather have a mystery that starts as a mystery and then all of the puzzle pieces get put together and you find out the entire story just like a cold case...rather than something like Perfect Insider where you have literally no idea what the fuck is going on, some of the episodes don't even further the mystery, and then the viewer can come up with some asspull guess based on zero evidence and it turns out to be totally right.

I also like that the didn't spoon feed you the main arc. We got teases of it here and there, especially with the toxic painting arc, but then they were able to set that aside and come back to it later when it actually became important.

I enjoyed the duo of Sakurako and Shoutarou. Anybody who says either of them were bland and didn't have character development clearly wasn't interested in watching the show. They may not have made huge changes, but they both did experience a degree of growth.

Also liked the double meaning of "corpse buried under Sakurako's feet shown this episode. The first meaning that comes to mind is Sakurako and the death of her brother. But then Sakurako also said the line "what's buried under a cheery tree? a body". Referencing the case itself. Could also be a subtle hint that her brothers body is also literally buried under Sakurako's cherry tree.

IDGI_Pro <---- This guys review was fucking atrocious. Shit gave me more cancer than Glasslip.
Jonesy974Dec 25, 2015 11:27 PM
Dec 26, 2015 2:44 AM

Nov 2015
Fearless Sakurako... not so fearless when it comes to Shotaro huh? ;)

Man, I loved how they wrapped up the emotional bits. Ok, it wasn't super exciting or anything, and we're left with an open ending, but I really REALLY liked how Sho & Saku grew closer and their convo unfolded.

You simply can't allow yourself to stop living and enjoying life out of fear. If Saku or Sho dies (or perhaps both) at the hands of Hanabasu, at least they will have spent their last moments together.

Definitely reminded me to cherish life!

I wanted some of that homemade apple pie too!

And Hector ♥ just loooooved how he rushed towards Sho in the snow. Somebody, make a GIF already! ^^

All in all, I guess the show's ok. I've seen more enticing mysteries than this, but it definitely has some beauty to it (for me personally).

Gotta love that OP & ED theme as well :).
Dec 26, 2015 2:44 AM

May 2010
So that's what they were aiming for. Nice message, it inspired me.

Shoutarou finally accepted himself, he's the submissive one in their relationship... well, at least he's trying. Sakurako is the awesome and dominant one. And she finally called him Shoutarou too, so yay. Still don't ship them romantically, its better as boss/assistant tbh.

8/10, if only they resolved the Hanabusa issue... Hope there's S2 soon.
Dec 26, 2015 2:58 AM
Aug 2012
Jonesy974 said:
I'd much rather have a mystery that starts as a mystery and then all of the puzzle pieces get put together and you find out the entire story just like a cold case...rather than something like Perfect Insider where you have literally no idea what the fuck is going on, some of the episodes don't even further the mystery, and then the viewer can come up with some asspull guess based on zero evidence and it turns out to be totally right.

Really? I found mystery in Perfect Insider very good because this anime gave us a lot of time to solve the problem by ourselves. Thanks to the slow pace, it had really good atmosphere and introduced to us very carefully with the details. Without it, I wouldn't have satisfaction from finding the answer by myself few episodes before the end and THEN comparing my deduction with characters'.
On the contrary, Sakurako reminds me rather something like deux ex machina because she just knew everything (poetry, religion, science itd.). It wasn't that addictive for me but after few episodes (near the end...), it gets better so ai also started my own deduction.
Dec 26, 2015 5:12 AM

May 2012
Sanderella said:
Jonesy974 said:

Really? I found mystery in Perfect Insider very good because this anime gave us a lot of time to solve the problem by ourselves. Thanks to the slow pace, it had really good atmosphere and introduced to us very carefully with the details. Without it, I wouldn't have satisfaction from finding the answer by myself few episodes before the end and THEN comparing my deduction with characters'.
On the contrary, Sakurako reminds me rather something like deux ex machina because she just knew everything (poetry, religion, science itd.). It wasn't that addictive for me but after few episodes (near the end...), it gets better so ai also started my own deduction.
2/3 of the episodes in Perfect Insider were irrelevant though. This also had good atmosphere here and there.
Well not like this is any better because there is no way to solve these cases.
Dec 26, 2015 3:06 PM
Aug 2012
[/quote]2/3 of the episodes in Perfect Insider were irrelevant though. This also had good atmosphere here and there.
Well not like this is any better because there is no way to solve these cases.[/quote]
I understand your point of view :) IMO, Perfect Insider is even better if you pay attention to every detail and after watching the episode, create your own answers. It's really good to compare your deduction with your friend's one. After watching both anime and drama, I would call it somehow complementary for each other. Even though, I would love to read all the novels about Saikawa and Nishinosono to understand them better ;/
Not everyone like talkin'-based show with really slow pace, right? I suppose it's rather quite normal :D
Sakurako-san was rather a kind of show to entertain and not to think too much. Instead - just try to feel the drama (which wasn't strong for me).
Dec 26, 2015 4:11 PM

Mar 2009
Yay another non-ending. I just love how anime is basically a glorified advertisement for the source material. Will this even get a 2nd season? How were the sales?
They never answered the mystery of Sakurako's brother and the "main" story was never completed. The guy at the end is just there, being creepy. Disappointing ending.

And yeah, the fake drama at the end of the previous episode was pointless. They reunited in this episode right away. lol
Doesn't help that they FINALLY decided to talk about how Sakurako and Shoutarou first met, which took up most of the episode. It honestly felt like the penultimate episode, instead of the final one. That flashback should have come earlier in the series.

If this gets a 2nd season, some of the problems I have with this ending will be addressed. Otherwise, that really sucks.
Dec 26, 2015 4:20 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Alright final episode, learning how they met and all but i was expecting something better or some kind of conclusion.
Gonna give a 5/10 for now but if we're lucky enough for another season, i'm gonna give it a 6/10 instead.

Jonesy974 said:

IDGI_Pro <---- This guys review was fucking atrocious. Shit gave me more cancer than Glasslip.

Ikr ? fuck this dude for not having the same opinion than you, damn.

DatRandomDudeDec 26, 2015 4:24 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 26, 2015 4:36 PM

Nov 2011
This was better thrn perfect insider IMO.

Give us season 2 though!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 26, 2015 5:31 PM

May 2012
Sanderella said:

I understand your point of view :) IMO, Perfect Insider is even better if you pay attention to every detail and after watching the episode, create your own answers. It's really good to compare your deduction with your friend's one. After watching both anime and drama, I would call it somehow complementary for each other. Even though, I would love to read all the novels about Saikawa and Nishinosono to understand them better ;/
Not everyone like talkin'-based show with really slow pace, right? I suppose it's rather quite normal :D
Sakurako-san was rather a kind of show to entertain and not to think too much. Instead - just try to feel the drama (which wasn't strong for me).

Well I agree that Sakurako had more focus on being an entertaining story rather than having well written cases (you can compare this case about them solving their first case to EP162 of Detective Conan where Shinichi solves his first case, but they're like night and day since that's 100% about actually solving the case with no time spent on other things) but even then it wasn't that good of a show. It's kind of like a cheap version of Monster with this Hanabusa thing.
Subete was more balanced on both storytelling and the case, had a single locked room case in it but they did nothing to investigate about it. Even the MC says that had he gathered intel he would have solved it earlier.
Dec 26, 2015 9:14 PM
Nov 2014
to be honest I am glad this trainwreck of a show has come to an end

hector is my spirit animal- that is the only thing i can really say this show gave me

[url]https://sloaneranime.wordpress.com/2015/12/26/fall-2015-final-thoughts[/url]
Dec 26, 2015 9:35 PM

Mar 2012
Kinda disappointed in this one overall. Hate loose ends, so hopefully something to wrap it up but doubtful. Gorgeous though
Dec 26, 2015 9:38 PM

Sep 2015
yes a second season would be nice and could answer many questions, but i don't think that is going to happen. show was too unusual to sell enough

delaneysloane said:
to be honest I am glad this trainwreck of a show has come to an end
hector is my spirit animal- that is the only thing i can really say this show gave me
[url]https://sloaneranime.wordpress.com/2015/12/26/fall-2015-final-thoughts[/url]

only people with good taste should be allowed to make rating blogs

K: Return of Kings - 8/10? did you even watch the show? ......
Nigami_ShinDec 27, 2015 4:33 AM

Dec 26, 2015 9:41 PM

Dec 2015
>One of my favorite animes
>Everybody is complaining about how it feels incomplete.

Shiiitttttttt.
Dec 27, 2015 4:28 AM
Aug 2012
k11chi said:
Sanderella said:

Well I agree that Sakurako had more focus on being an entertaining story rather than having well written cases (you can compare this case about them solving their first case to EP162 of Detective Conan where Shinichi solves his first case, but they're like night and day since that's 100% about actually solving the case with no time spent on other things) but even then it wasn't that good of a show. It's kind of like a cheap version of Monster with this Hanabusa thing.
Subete was more balanced on both storytelling and the case, had a single locked room case in it but they did nothing to investigate about it. Even the MC says that had he gathered intel he would have solved it earlier.

Yup, I totally agree with you in that aspect :)
Dec 27, 2015 5:38 AM

Dec 2012
Ehh the flashback, although insightful, felt lackluster for a conclusion. That post credit scene with Hanabusa makes me hope a sequel will occur but I'm not crossing my fingers.

Sakurako-san is very dazzling. It's reminiscent to Hyouka, but not just because of the obvious mystery genre. Although the art is indeed stunning and vibrant, I was hard pressed to lend it my attention. The mysteries started off with mundane happenings that frankly made them hard to follow or care about. Without the context, they all seemed somewhat laughable and trifling. Now with that said, I found that once they did catch my interests, they picked up momentum and swept me into their search for answers. The pay offs made them well worth it and I like how many of the cases were resolved by studying the relationships and mindsets of the people involved rather than exclusively hard evidence.

6.5/10 leaning more towards a 6. I do like this show, but stopping there just made the cons outweigh its good points. Leaving it alone limits it, but I can see myself adjusting it to a 7 if a solid sequel comes about.
Dec 27, 2015 11:19 AM

Apr 2014
Well, This mystery anime was good overall.
And They kinda made it open ended. So I won't mind a sequel.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 7 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 27, 2015 4:36 PM
Sep 2009
I really liked this Anime. Some Animations were REALLY bad. but most of the cases were really cool and better then most of the Detective Conan cases. I think the Story is just beginning here (I never read the Novels! So i don't now!). I think this Artist will continue to collect Butterflies. Maybe from the girl from Shoutaros nextdoor Class?

I just want them to find more bodies <3
Dec 27, 2015 5:01 PM
Dec 2012
bjjjg said:
I really liked this Anime. Some Animations were REALLY bad. but most of the cases were really cool and better then most of the Detective Conan cases. I think the Story is just beginning here (I never read the Novels! So i don't now!). I think this Artist will continue to collect Butterflies. Maybe from the girl from Shoutaros nextdoor Class?

I just want them to find more bodies <3

Which case was better than most DC cases? Sakurako seems alot more amateurish to me. I can probably list around 20 cases off the top of my head actually planned out better than what this series had atleast as far as actual writing goes.
Dec 27, 2015 5:22 PM

Jun 2015
5/10 for the animation & music, nothing more.
I feel really disappointed. Hoping for s2 :/
Dec 27, 2015 8:13 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
GenT-san said:
Watching Hector is more entertaining than watching those two..

Hector was my favorite to be honest.

KaoruMatsuoka said:
This really quickly became old and repetitive. Not bad, per se, just average.

I actually liked that they kept the conclusion drawn out, although it needs another season if it's going to fully explore the conflict. If they had wrapped up the case with the Hanabusa guy at the end of this season, it would have been very rushed and there wouldn't have been enough time to build up the villain as a threat or explore him, considering we know next to nothing about his motivations.

Still doesn't excuse Sakurako from being a giant Mary Sue, though. How many times did she solve cases with factors well out of her field of expertise? I thought being antisocial would make her bad at predicting how people would act, not better at it, and I can't be the only one who groaned whenever she would make a guess and have it turn out to be 100% right.

^ This. Boost this.
The anime was kind of... ehh... a 7/10 for me. It was interesting enough of a plot line and gorgeous artwork, but it slipped at a lot of points. I'm not surprised they didn't try to introduce Hanabusa any more (probably hoping for that second season). Plus, mysteries aren't always solved that fast. I might attempt to watch it if there is one, but the plot was a bit too... simple for my taste? Dark and engaging with the cliffhangers, but the cons outway the pros of this anime. The bland characters, plot *holes*, and the bad consistency of characters kind of lost it on me. Good, but not amazing.

P.S. Did I miss something? Shoutarou said he sent several texts to Sakurako, but I thought she didn't have a phone... which episode (or if it was in the novel) did she get it in? And if she did, why? (minus the reason that people in the 21st century with a mansion don't have cell phones...)
KaguyachinchinDec 27, 2015 8:16 PM
Dec 28, 2015 2:50 AM

Jul 2009
And in the end we were not able to see Sakurako's fiancé! I really wanted to see him...
Looking forward to a 2nd season! 7/10
Dec 28, 2015 5:10 AM

Jul 2015
It had such a strong start that got me hooked, but it seemed like the (melo)drama overpowered the mystery which, in my opinion, diminished the enjoyment of the show. I hope season 2 is still announced because Hanabusa seems like such a likeable antagonist. the animation was good and music catchy. 7/10
Dec 28, 2015 5:47 AM

Nov 2014
This show was alright, I liked the art and stuff of it. But, as some have mentioned, Sakurako was the only interesting person in the whole thing, the boy, was just a boy. He just turned out to be quite irrelevant at times. And I know this wasn't exactly supposed to a romance anime but did they have to mention that so many times... They kept telling us that the boy saw Sakurako as not a love-at-first-sight and stuff... Yuriko as well, basically when Sakurako is around, he is basically irrelevant lol. But besides the quirks, I still kind of enjoyed it. Reminded me of Gosick for some reasons, but maybe thats just me...
Dec 28, 2015 7:38 AM

Dec 2012
Nice last episode even if the reunion was previsible.
It was a good show very intriguing on the end. The visual were beautiful and Sakurako was an interesting character. Now, I want a season 2 to see Shoutarou and Sakurako deepen their relationship and solve the case.
Dec 28, 2015 10:30 AM
Jul 2011
I don`t know, for me the series got pretty interesting in the last three episodes, beside the last one was there just to tell us how Shoutarou and Sakurako got close the whole thing about Hanabusa really caught me.
I wasn`t expecting them to let the door open for a second season but well, I was totally wrong, if we have a second season, maybe the whole history is going to be more consistent and they can totally do great!
Dec 28, 2015 10:40 AM

Aug 2012
Not a bad anime,but some aspects where a bit weak.
Just a little reminder for people who are disatisfied of the ending :
Anime adaptation of LN are most likely in order to make people buy the LN,so it's a normal thing to put an open end to them,since people will want to know more and so buy the LN. Through that adaptation could have been better...
Dec 28, 2015 10:41 AM

Aug 2014
It ended in the best way it could.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 28, 2015 9:46 PM

May 2012
Shuhan said:
Need S2, need Shoutarou and Sakurako to bang.

you need like 6 season for that the rate this is going
Dec 29, 2015 7:40 PM

Apr 2015
I loved this series.

Interesting to have the story of how they met as the finale.

If this series needed a villain, it's good that they kept him in the background. I'm afraid that a sequel might center too much on him.
Dec 30, 2015 10:06 AM

Feb 2010
Last episode needed more Yuriko
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 30, 2015 2:16 PM

Jul 2012
Thought the ending would be more about Hanabusa. Guess this ending is okay too.

The only problem now is whether there will be a second season or not.
Dec 30, 2015 2:51 PM
Jan 2010
I enjoyed it, solid enough mystery series. I think they could have pushed the unpleasantness a bit, in a lot of the cases they seemed to shy away from making things truly unpleasant. Some of the complaints in this thread are amusing though. The show was extremely up front about what it was,a mystery series with a Holmesian protagonist, if that isnt your cup of tea thats fine. However complaining about the series accomplishing what it sets out to do seems like poor form. To trot out the ur example, its ok to not like dogs, its not okay to complain about it not being a cat.

Then there's the usual round of comments from people who seemingly didnt pay even cursory attention to the show e.g. complaining about the mysteries being unrelated when half of them tied explicitly into the overarching plot and the rest were straight forward character development or the "questions" that the show explicitly answered.

And of course we round it off with the usual grab bag of amateur criticism (always a good laugh to see character development labeled as pointless) that makes discussing anime online such a chore
Dec 31, 2015 2:54 AM
Dec 31, 2015 4:35 AM
Sep 2014
Brzydal said:
Checkout this swastika on map. lol

It's not. It's the wrong way round.
Jan 1, 2016 4:18 AM

Sep 2010
This series is bare bones... ><

finale - 2.5/5
series - 6/10
Jan 1, 2016 12:03 PM

May 2014
This last ep were pretty good. I loved this anime actually. But it was a bit weird that enemy of the last arc didn't got defeated. I wonder if the last scene with the protagonist were a indication that there will be season 2?
Jan 1, 2016 12:19 PM
Sep 2013
Good scenery (kudos to Troyca for their realistic animation) but the plot is kind of weak and the secondary character a bit annoying. Still, this anime is not that bad to watch because it's a mystery series.

6.5/10
Jan 1, 2016 4:55 PM

Jul 2009
So this final episode was ... not that interesting? I mean OK it showed how Shoutarou and Sakurako met but at this point I don't really care that much lol. Why wouldn't they do it as a first episode instead? D: Plus I mean the whole Hanabusa thing was completely untouched until the very end ... of course they make up and become friends again but still ... a bit disappointing :(

I guess that last bit pretty much describes the series for me. The plot/"mysteries" didn't really do it for me unfortunately and neither did I like any of the characters. It had some very nice animation (especially the backgrounds in this episode) and the music was good but I kind of expected a bit more ... plus the final "big" mystery wasn't resolved at all! D: I guess it was all right to watch but I definitely thought it would be better. Oh well, guess I'll give it a 6/10
Jan 2, 2016 1:32 AM

Mar 2014
I really enjoyed Sakurako as a character and is probably my favorite of the season.
Jan 2, 2016 7:00 PM

Oct 2008
Just finished it.
whelp, Sakurako failed on keeping Shoutarou away...
4/5.
7/10.

Jan 3, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
The series finale is not bad, maybe it can annoy the fact that this soul was too short, because even the best of history to come. The underlying message was important, I liked it too, even if the reasons for the boy were not convincing to 100%. Drawings and animations as discrete quality, the sets instead were of great quality. My vote, for now is 7/10.
Jan 3, 2016 8:20 AM

May 2012
The whole anime was average.
Some episodes were good while some others were boring.

5/10 is a fair rating.
I despise woke people.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2015

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.