Forum Settings
Forums

Men must prove a woman said Yes under tough new rape rules

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 30, 2015 11:15 AM

Nov 2009
I think that unless you can prove you were "forced to take the drug or alcohol" you should be held accountable for any actions you do while under the influence. Whether this is drinking in driving, starting a fight, or having sex. It is no secret that Alcohol and Drugs can impair one's judgement, so I don't think it is valid to claim "you didn't give consent because you were drunk and made a decision you would not have made otherwise". If laws like this continue to pass, the idea that one is "not responsible for their actions while intoxicated" will keep on being confirmed. At that point why even have a legal drinking age? The whole point of the drinking age requirement is that people should wait until they are mature enough to consume a substance like alcohol and understand the consequences that come with doing so. So this idea that you can escape the consequences of the choice you made (getting drunk or intoxicated through other means than alcohol) contradicts any rationale behind not allowing 10 year olds to drink alcohol. If people are so immature that they get wasted and don't want to take responsibility for their own actions while intoxicated (as pointed out, even a 5 year old will know that alcohol will impair your judgement), and have the law makers back them up, I begin to question the drinking age requirement in the first place.
Jan 30, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
Also, about alcohol again, how come driving while inebriated is illegal and it is the fault of the inebriated that he was driving? Here it seems the one that is inebriated is the one that is at fault, but his judgement is impaired right? Shouldn't it be the same with this case then? It's not the drivers fault if we follow the drunk rape logic.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 30, 2015 11:26 AM

Nov 2009
Immahnoob said:
Also, about alcohol again, how come driving while inebriated is illegal and it is the fault of the inebriated that he was driving? Here it seems the one that is inebriated is the one that is at fault, but his judgement is impaired right? Shouldn't it be the same with this case then? It's not the drivers fault if we follow the drunk rape logic.
One could draw a closer anology to buying things while intoxicated. It is true that you gave consent to pay for something but shouldn't they have to prove you weren't drunk? Is it fair to charge you for a $20 meal after a night of drinking at bars? You only consented to paying it because you were inebriated, there are plenty of things I wouldn't have bought if I was sober. I mean who goes to a sit down restaurant at 2:00 AM? If I wasn't out drinking I would have been asleep, and obviously not bought that meal. I do feel that if one is okay, then the other should be okay too, since it uses the same reasoning, certainly one could argue not on the same scale, but . . . I really want all that money I waste while drunk back.
Jan 30, 2015 11:28 AM
Jul 2014
Immahnoob said:

Have you already checked my study I linked you a few mins in the other reply?

Also let me ask a question first - Do you think drunk rape never exists? Don't you think that if someone passes out or can barely say a correct "yes" without having a good judgement that is consent? Because I don't think it is, you don't have to be a genius to notice someone who can barely talk can't fucking consent because their judgement is impaired. If two people are drunk and consent, it's not rape. But if one takes advantage of the other who is drunk and can't even walk straight, it's rape because people don't make the best decision. Let's give an example - A girl is drunk and you ask her "can we have sex?" - She can barely walk and answers a dizzy not noticeable "yes" and doesn't even show she desires you - Do you think this is consent? Now if she ripped your clothes and told you "fuck me" - That's consent

Driving while inebriated is illegal because you are endangering the lives of others, you drank and you drove, that's illegal

The difference is that I'm not talking about people who are drunk and consent, I'm talking about the cases of "she didn't say no" or "she didn't say anything" or "she was too dizzy to know what's happening". Being drunk doesn't excuse other people having sex without your consent, and you need to realize that. You can freely consent while drunk, you just can't have sex with someone who is so drunk they can't even get up from the floor and talk. Have you ever been really drunk? I have, and you never know what's happening, you can barely hear people talking and it's complicated to even explain people you are feeling sick. Because I've been REALLY drunk I know it's irresponsible to blame someone in that condition for rape.

BTW, the difference is also that someone who drives drunk is endangering lives of others and everything around them; someone who has sex while not being able to consent is not hurting anyone. In case you don't know, being drunk is not only applicable to rape, for example if you are too drunk or drugged and commit a crime, you are automatically less guilty because your judgement is impaired (not sure if this is how it happens in america)

What is your point here? Are you trying to prove that all women who claim rape after being drunk are lying bitches? I don't understand. Regarding the OP, I already said this law was stupid. I'm not supporting it, it's inhumane and retarded. Read the last study I linked you about repeated rapists who intoxicate victims, and then come tell me that rape while drunk doesn't happen.
Jan 30, 2015 11:30 AM
Jul 2014
Pirating_Ninja said:
Immahnoob said:
One could draw a closer anology to buying things while intoxicated. It is true that you gave consent to pay for something but shouldn't they have to prove you weren't drunk? Is it fair to charge you for a $20 meal after a night of drinking at bars? You only consented to paying it because you were inebriated, there are plenty of things I wouldn't have bought if I was sober. I mean who goes to a sit down restaurant at 2:00 AM? If I wasn't out drinking I would have been asleep, and obviously not bought that meal. I do feel that if one is okay, then the other should be okay too, since it uses the same reasoning, certainly one could argue not on the same scale, but . . . I really want all that money I waste while drunk back.

In my country if you buy things like intoxicated you have the right to regain the money, as long as you are really drunk to the point of not being able to know what you're doing. But it's something you must prove. On the other hand, I think analogies between crimes are not a good idea. Comparing being raped to losing some money is not exactly a good analogy in terms of damage. It sucks to lose money, but someone taking advantage of your nearly passed out is worse.
Jan 30, 2015 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
Blackout0219 said:
Now if she ripped your clothes and told you "fuck me" - That's consent

Unless she has no memory of it in the morning, then its rape? ¯(°_o)/¯
Jan 30, 2015 11:34 AM

Apr 2012
you drank and you drove, that's illegal
you drank and you had sex, that's your fault, the same with how the driver is at fault.
you just can't have sex with someone who is so drunk they can't even get up from the floor and talk.
It was their choice to drink and to say "yes".
What is your point here? Are you trying to prove that all women who claim rape after being drunk are lying bitches?
Most of them are, yes.
Read the last study I linked you about repeated rapists who intoxicate victims
Did they force the alcohol down their throats? Also, you do know I've already showed you proof on how "date rape" drugs are bullshit, it's in the video I sent.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 11:35 AM
Jul 2014
Spooks_McBones said:
Blackout0219 said:
Now if she ripped your clothes and told you "fuck me" - That's consent

Unless she has no memory of it in the morning, then its rape? ¯(°_o)/¯

According to the UK's stupid laws apparently yes. But the rest of the world doesn't have the same law.

Despite my criticism of victim blaming, I think this law is unfair. Actually, I once had sex while being asleep and only woke up in the middle, does that mean I was raped? [I'm not kidding]
Jan 30, 2015 11:40 AM

Aug 2013
Blackout0219 said:

According to the UK's stupid laws apparently yes. But the rest of the world doesn't have the same law.

Not yet anyhow. The reason im pointing out the holes in such a thing is because rape laws are hard to get right because what happens between two people alone is literally going to come down to flimsy surrounding testimonies of people before they disappeared together and both parties word against the other.

The problem with introducing laws like this is that it swings the benefit towards the woman without giving the man any kind of chance and also noted how it didn't even mention gender neutrality its directly linked towards a male rapist and a female victim.
Now the his word against hers is going to be stacked in a woman's favor. This was meant to help more women come forward and increase sentences but its not legal or shouldn't be because it works on no evidence. Its accepting hear say as proof.

In short, its all fucked up.
Jan 30, 2015 11:41 AM
Jul 2014
you drank and you had sex, that's your fault, the same with how the driver is at fault.
Except that if you don't consent it's rape.
It was their choice to drink and to say "yes".
Lol, if you think having sex with someone who can barely react and doesn't know what's happening is ok, then pity you, it's your problem. I take it the reason you are so upset about rape drunk laws is because it's the only method for you to have sex - The only reason people oppose laws is because it makes them disadvantaged. BTW, saying yes while not being aware of what's happening is not really a yes - You don't have to be genius to see someone is clearly not aware of his/her surroundings, you don't have to be a doctor to know someone is so drunk that they don't even know who's holding their shoulder. You are basically saying that we should be entitled to do anything to drunk people as long as they say "yes".

Most of them are, yes.
You probably have a lot to win by making your claim true.

Did they force the alcohol down their throats? Also, you do know I've already showed you proof on how "date rape" drugs are bullshit, it's in the video I sent.
No, but some get the person drunk on purpose just so they can rape them. Where in the hell is that not rape? And did you read the whole study? By your logic, someone who is poisoned cannot press charges because the poison wasn't forced down their throat. It's not relevant if alcohol was forced or not, it's not relevant how much people drink, what's relevant is that some people get so drunk that you can't simply have sex with them - If they can't even get up from the floor, then don't have sex, they are most likely not even aware of what's happening
Jan 30, 2015 11:44 AM

Aug 2013
Blackout0219 said:
The only reason people oppose laws is because it makes them disadvantaged.

No.
Jan 30, 2015 11:44 AM

May 2014
I dont understand why schools dont explain the law in greater detail especially for things like this, because unless you know a lawyer the chances of you understanding the way to avoid doing "rape" is extremely low.
I've been here way too long...
Jan 30, 2015 11:45 AM

May 2013
satanswife said:
JonyJC said:
Please sign this consent form before I shove my dick in there must be the biggest turn of ever.

Hahahahah

I also make girls wear a seatbelt.
Jan 30, 2015 11:47 AM
Jul 2014
Spooks_McBones said:
Blackout0219 said:
The only reason people oppose laws is because it makes them disadvantaged.

No.

Mostly yes. Why does the church oppose laws for secularism? Why do rich people oppose laws to redistribute wealth? Why are smokers against anti-smoking laws? there's reasons. If someone is arguing that having sex with someone who is so drunk they can't even walk straight is perfectly fine, I'm going to assume they are going to benefit from such a law. IF someone was that drunk, I wouldn't even think about sex, even if she said yes I'd still assume it wasn't a yes, simply because someone who is drunk does stupid shit they wouldn't do any other way. For that reason, it's not responsible to interpret a yes from a drunk person as a yes, just like you don't take seriously more than half of stuff drunk people do.
Jan 30, 2015 11:47 AM

Apr 2012
Except that if you don't consent it's rape.
Implying I didn't imply the person in question consented while drunk.
Lol, if you think having sex with someone who can barely react and doesn't know what's happening is ok, then pity you, it's your problem. I take it the reason you are so upset about rape drunk laws is because it's the only method for you to have sex - The only reason people oppose laws is because it makes them disadvantaged.
I'm against Uganda's killing homosexuals laws, I might be homosexual. Durrrrrr.
I'm against the death penalty because I'm going to get the death penalty. Durrrrr.
Oh, and who's at fault for not being able to react? Also, how do you know when someone is so drunk to not be able to "react"? How will you explain that to the police, with what proof?
BTW, saying yes while not being aware of what's happening is not really a yes - You don't have to be genius to see someone is clearly not aware of his/her surroundings, you don't have to be a doctor to know someone is so drunk that they don't even know who's holding their shoulder. You are basically saying that we should be entitled to do anything to drunk people as long as they say "yes".
I'm saying they have the responsibility to not drink until dead. Nobody forced them and nobody forced them to say "yes" either.
No, but some get the person drunk on purpose just so they can rape them.
How can you get someone drunk on purpose? They pick the drink up, nobody is forcing them to drink it. Also, that's not the same thing, one is aware that the alcohol can inebriate them.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2013
To Blackout0219:

You bring up Christians and the rich again. your opinions are skewered by your hate for the conservative/republicans aren't they.

So you throw me some examples and then assume the reason people are against it is because they personally have something to lose then state it as if its fact but then you have already declared opinion pieces by conservatives as not facts but its ok for you to claim facts on peoples opinions without any real knowle-

what....

Also:

I hate slavery, im going to make sure the government makes it illegal.

Didn't personally effect the white person who would say this, they just knew when something wasn't right and wanted to fix it by going against the current laws or demanding them changed. So no people do not oppose laws just because it affects them. People oppose lots and lots of shit for many reasons that don't directly effect them.

Such as you opposing the conservatives even though most of their stuff has no direct effect on you. You oppose their idea that abortion is murder, why? it doesn't effect you I imagine.
Jan 30, 2015 11:57 AM
Jul 2014
Implying I didn't imply the person in question consented while drunk.

Consent is a free of coercion yes, either verbal or trough physical signs. Everything else is not a consent. If you are not even aware of what's around you, it's not consent because you can't grasp what's happening, you may not even be aware that you're having sex. If someone is mentally incapable of knowing what is happening, it's not consent because to consent you NEED to KNOW what's going to happen and how it's going to happen. Just like if I consent to something while asleep it doesn't count as consent because I'm sleeping

Oh, and who's at fault for not being able to react? Also, how do you know when someone is so drunk to not be able to "react"? How will you explain that to the police, with what proof?

I don't understand your argument - You are basically saying it's the victim's fault because they decided to drink and have fun. You can drink how much you want, it's your choice, but just because you are responsible for drinking, it doesn't mean you are responsible for what people do to you when you are too drunk to understand anything. When someone is too drunk, people should drive the person home, help them, maybe take them to puke (it helps), they shouldn't use it as a scheme to have sex. How do we know? First you go press charges and present blood sample for proof that you are extremely drunk. IMO, being too drunk is when you dont' know anything of what's happening and can't even spell right - Someone in that state cannot consent, no matter how many YES they spit out. And in case you didn't notice this is not for women victims, it applies to men victims of rape as well. A man who is too drunk like I was once was is not to blame for being raped because you're not able to consciously make decisions.

I'm saying they have the responsibility to not drink until dead. Nobody forced them and nobody forced them to say "yes" either.

People can drink however you want. You are responsible for doing stupid shit while drunk, yeah; however you are not responsible if you are basically unable to physically react or understand what's happening and someone has sex with you without consent.

How can you get someone drunk on purpose? They pick the drink up, nobody is forcing them to drink it. Also, that's not the same thing, one is aware that the alcohol can inebriate them.

Physically it's rare, but in the case of the rapist who offers drinks on purpose to rape the person after - It's rape, and the victim has no way of knowing they were going to be raped, specially if they trusted the rapist (most rapes are from someone you know and trust)
Jan 30, 2015 11:59 AM

Aug 2013
Blackout0219 said:

Consent is a free of coercion yes

If thats the case then nothing we do is consensual. In fact the minute someone sips a beer they are under the coercion of alcohol and should by your definition be unable to consent to anything.

Again im not defending anything anyone else is saying in this thread, just pointing out again ironic points on interest.

My stance on rape is already laid out, be tough but be unbiasedly fair and know of circumstances rather than the rigid definition laid out in out dated law.
Jan 30, 2015 12:02 PM

Apr 2012
it doesn't mean you are responsible for what people do to you when you are too drunk to understand anything.
It is your responsibility, you said "yes" and lied to the poor fuckers if you were remorseful the day after.
. You are responsible for doing stupid shit while drunk, yeah; however you are not responsible if you are basically unable to physically react or understand what's happening and someone has sex with you without consent.
Contradictory towards my example.
Physically it's rare, but in the case of the rapist who offers drinks on purpose to rape the person after - It's rape, and the victim has no way of knowing they were going to be raped, specially if they trusted the rapist (most rapes are from someone you know and trust)
I don't remember that changing that it's their choice to get the drink and sip out of it.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 12:02 PM
Jul 2014
Spooks_McBones said:
Blackout0219 said:

Consent is a free of coercion yes

If thats the case then nothing we do is consensual. In fact the minute someone sips a beer they are under the coercion of alcohol and should by your definition be unable to consent to anything.

Again im not defending anything anyone else is saying in this thread, just pointing out again ironic points on interest.

Dude coercion is when you use force or threats to force someone to say "yes" or "no" or to do something. Free of coercion basically means that you say yes and are mentally capable of knowing what the "yes" means - In this case, if you say yes to case, you have to be able to know it means you're going to have sex with person X. A mentally handicapped person can say yes, yet it's not consent because they are retarded (literally retarded) - The same rule applies to drunk people, they're not aware when they drink too much.
Jan 30, 2015 12:06 PM
Jul 2014
It is your responsibility, you said "yes" and lied to the poor fuckers if you were remorseful the day after.

Yeah, you call poor fuckers to people who think it's ok to have sex with someone who can barely walk. That's not a poor fucker - There's a legal word for it - It's called... Wait for it.... Rapist! If you are dumb to understand someone who is too drunk cannot consent to sex no matter how many times they say yes, then go study law, and maybe some biology to learn how people are when they are too drunk
Contradictory towards my example.
Doesn't change the fact having sex with someone nearly passed out is irresponsible, and you can't assume they consented.

I don't remember that changing that it's their choice to get the drink and sip out of it.
It doesn't matter - Why are you so worried about their choice to drink? people can drink anything, it's perfectly legal to drink how much you wish, that doesn't justify someone raping you when you can't give valid legal consent. I don't understand, it doesn't matter who chose to drink, being drunk doesn't make you guilty of being raped, just like wearing a short skirt doesn't mean you provoked it
Jan 30, 2015 12:09 PM

Apr 2012
Doesn't change the fact having sex with someone nearly passed out is irresponsible, and you can't assume they consented.
Doesn't change the fact that is contradictory and hypocritical.
Yeah, you call poor fuckers to people who think it's ok to have sex with someone who can barely walk. That's not a poor fucker - There's a legal word for it - It's called... Wait for it.... Rapist! If you are dumb to understand someone who is too drunk cannot consent to sex no matter how many times they say yes, then go study law, and maybe some biology to learn how people are when they are too drunk
I want you to take out every drunk driver out of the prison now.
It doesn't matter - Why are you so worried about their choice to drink? people can drink anything, it's perfectly legal to drink how much you wish, that doesn't justify someone raping you when you can't give valid legal consent. I don't understand, it doesn't matter who chose to drink, being drunk doesn't make you guilty of being raped
But you didn't get raped, you consented.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 12:16 PM
Jul 2014
I want you to take out every drunk driver out of the prison now.
In my country drunk drivers almost never get prison sentences. Only suspended. Because they were drunk and most don't kill or harm on purpose. And what's those relevance of this? You are equating driving, an action that requires you to be minimally sober (otherwise you can't even turn the ignition) to someone who is wasted to the point they can't even walk

But you didn't get raped, you consented.

If you are too drunk the law says you can't consent. Do you fail to understand that? Instead of worrying so much about poor fuckers who think it's ok to have sex with someone that is so drunk that they can't even physically react while having sex, worry about teaching them that they can't have sex with someone who is too drunk. I was taught that, and because of it I'm not out there having sex with wasted people - Because that's rape, regardless of what you think of being drunk, it's rape
Jan 30, 2015 12:17 PM

Apr 2012
(otherwise you can't even turn the ignition)
This is what you base your argument on. Weak.
If you are too drunk the law says you can't consent.
If you are too drunk, you are impaired as a driver, so you shouldn't be accountable for driving.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 12:34 PM
Jul 2014
]This is what you base your argument on. Weak.

Someone who can walk up to his/hers vehicle, turn the ignition and drive is not overly drunk. Those people can consent. You cannot compare that to someone who cannot get up from the floor.

If you are too drunk, you are impaired as a driver, so you shouldn't be accountable for driving.

Completely different - in the case of driving it's about committing a crime, in the case of rape it's about you being the victim. The punishment for drunk drivers is because they acted poorly, and they are not that drunk otherwise they wouldn't be able to get up and walk to the car. On the other hand, the case of rape is not punishment, it's simply saying someone who is too drunk cannot consent.

Something important - Consent is not only a verbal yes, it's body language. if you point someone a gun and say "have sex with me" they'll answer "yes" - But it's not consent because they are afraid. If someone says no and then starts ripping your clothes, that's a yes. So a "no" can mean "yes in some cases". If someone is drunk and says "yes", then shows pleasure in having sex with you, it's consent. If the person says yes but is half passed out and not physically reacting to the penetration (or whatever sexual contact) you don't have to be a genius to notice they are not really consenting and enjoying it.
Jan 30, 2015 12:55 PM
Jul 2014
OP I found this

https://fullfact.org/factcheck/law/men_accused_rape_dont_have_to_prove_woman_said_yes-38719

This explains the UK law better, but according to it it's not really like the daily telegraph says. I told you the DT is not really a nice source for info, kinda like the daily mail. Read this before making assumptions, all of you

Prosecutors are now being instructed to ask how the suspect knew that the complainant had consented – with full capacity and freedom to do so.

See this? It means you have to answer the question and nothing else, you don't have to show a video or show evidence, you just need to answer why do you think it was consented. And if you really don't commit crimes, you have nothing to fear ,because it's easy to explain how you consented. If you didn't, then it's going to get easy catching rapists because they make up excuses that are not legally valid. In this case, I'm presuming it's a question to ask people when it's already proven that there was sexual contact (such as trough DNA); in that case, you are asked why do you think it was consented. Instead of asking the victim why it wasn't consented, you ask the perpetrator why it was consented... And if it really was, you can simply explain why, such as saying "she said yes and showed she wanted to have sex with me". But if you simply say "she didn't say no" then you are fucked

And this is why I hate our media, it sucks. There goes a LONG distance between asking someone "why do you think it was consented" - Which doesn't even ask for proof - From asking men to prove women consented. THat's bs and I don't know how you actually believed it from the start. It would be completely idiotic for such a law to exist, and it would be really ridiculed. The daily telegraph needs to grow up
BlakidoJan 30, 2015 1:07 PM
Jan 30, 2015 1:06 PM

Apr 2012
Someone who can walk up to his/hers vehicle, turn the ignition and drive is not overly drunk. Those people can consent. You cannot compare that to someone who cannot get up from the floor.
Where's the limit? So you have to be in an alcohol coma?
Oh, that's fine then, minorities are always fun but not usable in an argument considering they're mostly irrelevant.
Completely different - in the case of driving it's about committing a crime, in the case of rape it's about you being the victim.
I don't think you understand what I'm saying, which isn't abnormal considering I've argued with you before and you're acting the same way.

You've agreed with yourself that you'll be driving, with yourself because you don't have to consent to anyone else that you're driving, inebriated as fuck. By your logic, it is not your fault, because your judgement is impaired. It's the same thing as saying that he or she agreed to have sex while inebriated.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 1:10 PM
Jul 2014
Immahnoob said:
Where's the limit? So you have to be in an alcohol coma?
Oh, that's fine then, minorities are always fun but not usable in an argument considering they're mostly irrelevant.
Completely different - in the case of driving it's about committing a crime, in the case of rape it's about you being the victim.
I don't think you understand what I'm saying, which isn't abnormal considering I've argued with you before and you're acting the same way.

You've agreed with yourself that you'll be driving, with yourself because you don't have to consent to anyone else that you're driving, inebriated as fuck. By your logic, it is not your fault, because your judgement is impaired. It's the same thing as saying that he or she agreed to have sex while inebriated.

Someone who can drive is not impaired enough to not know what is happening. I'm talking about people who literally don't even know who's around them, who don't know what's happening and can barely walk. Have you been in such a state? If you did, you know you can't even turn the car on, let alone consent to sex. Someone who's drugged or drunk can't consent the same way a mentally retarded person can't (but a mentally retarded can say yes - still not consent!) - On the other hand, even if a drunk person says yes, body language clearly can tell you that they don't mean yes. Answer my question - If someone says yes but is laying on the group, can barely speak or realize what's happening, do you think they literally mean "yes" when their body shows otherwise? Do you think people who have sex with them and they can't even resist because they have no strength are doing the right thing?

BTW sorry if I don't take conservatives and rape seriously when:
Jan 30, 2015 1:13 PM

Apr 2012
Someone who can drive is not impaired enough to not know what is happening.
Says you?

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 1:17 PM
Jul 2014
Immahnoob said:
Someone who can drive is not impaired enough to not know what is happening.
Says you?

You still didn't answer my question. It's not the first time you on purpose don't directly answer my points. I've been saying many things that you didn't directly answer or ignored - Instead you just say it's irrelevant and hide in a corner.

Think twice - If someone can genuinely get up, go to the car, ignite and at least drive out of the parking lot, they are not overly drunk, they are at least capable of walking. On the other hand, I've already told you that it's not comparable. Driving requires you to do something. In the case of rape it's not doing something - It's asking people to not have sex with someone who is wasted - Is it so hard for men to realize they can't have sex with someone who can't get up or walk straight? I don't think it is, it's called basic human decency. You don't have sex with people who are wasted because their "yes" may not be a "yes", so you never know if it's the right choice. If you know this and still have sex with them, you are dumb because you're risking your ass. You don't need to be a genius to realize that 1 - people who are drunk have judgement impaired 2 - Therefore they can't consent into anything serious, like sexual acts or signing contracts. The comparison with driving drunk is useless because to drive you need to be minimally aware of what you are doing.
Jan 30, 2015 1:22 PM

Apr 2012
ou still didn't answer my question. It's not the first time you on purpose don't directly answer my points. I've been saying many things that you didn't directly answer or ignored - Instead you just say it's irrelevant and hide in a corner.
I still don't see how those are either a majority of the drunk rape cases OR how you are right in saying when one is not impaired enough to be able to drive.

As for the rest, you're repeating yourself:
Immahnoob said:

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 1:27 PM
Jul 2014
I still don't see how those are either a majority of the drunk rape cases OR how you are right in saying that one is not impaired enough to be able to drive.

How can someone drive if they can't get up from the floor from lack of strength?

Maybe I'm repeating myself because you didn't answer my points. And you didn't provide proof that the majority of rape cases are regret, except from the video made by conservatards, the same people who think rape is a gift from a god and that there is some "legitimate rape" that should be legal.

[I'm happy legislators and judges need to be educated and studied, if they were like you we'd all be screwed, specially rape victims - They'd be blamed for rape more than they are - We might as well make rape legal if the person is drunk]
Jan 30, 2015 1:34 PM

Apr 2012
How can someone drive if they can't get up from the floor from lack of strength?
How can someone still be alive after drinking to that level? I can make another assertion and I'll just be as fine as before.
Maybe I'm repeating myself because you didn't answer my points. And you didn't provide proof that the majority of rape cases are regret, except from the video made by conservatards
You didn't actually prove they're biased, so you're arguing against proof with no proof.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 1:53 PM
Jul 2014
Do you have no social life? Didn't you ever witness someone dead drunk? Obviously you don't die, you don't even get in a comma, but frequently people need to sit or stand in the ground because they are dizzy, and even when they can walk they are not conscious and only say stupid shit

I don't need to prove it is biased anymore than I need to prove AnswersInGenesis.com is biased to prove creationism is true.

I really hope you are never raped when drunk, because you certainly wouldn't like people saying it was your fault because it was your choice to drink alone
Jan 30, 2015 1:57 PM

Jan 2013
hentai_eucli said:
Can't find that greentext about an anon having sex with a girl after having her sign a sex consent form, and then getting rape charges because he killed the mood.
Found it!
Jan 30, 2015 2:00 PM
Jul 2014
I've already said the daily mall was bullshitting.

https://fullfact.org/factcheck/law/men_accused_rape_dont_have_to_prove_woman_said_yes-38719

No you don't have to prove she said yes. The OP posted a news from the DM that is as usual full of shit. Obviously no one would ever pass a law inverting the burden of proof
Jan 30, 2015 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
Do you have no social life? Didn't you ever witness someone dead drunk? Obviously you don't die, you don't even get in a comma, but frequently people need to sit or stand in the ground because they are dizzy, and even when they can walk they are not conscious and only say stupid shit
Must be easy to make laws against this.
I don't need to prove it is biased anymore than I need to prove AnswersInGenesis.com is biased to prove creationism is true.
You're capitulating this early. Meh...
I really hope you are never raped when drunk, because you certainly wouldn't like people saying it was your fault because it was your choice to drink alone.
Actually, my first time was when I got drugged by my "friends", don't worry, it was a female that "raped" me. I didn't hear from her since then, she actually changed schools for some reason.

It's surely not the same example, I did not know they slipped something in that bottle. I felt bad for an entire day though, psychologically I didn't care much.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 2:05 PM
Jul 2014
Just one question - Did you consent? If you answer no, then yeah it's rape, even if you enjoyed it. Sometimes victims have involuntary pleasure during rape. Still rape
Jan 30, 2015 2:08 PM

Apr 2012
I didn't give my consent at all and I couldn't push her away, so for me it was rape, and it was also legally rape. But I'm just saying that experiences are really irrelevant, I wasn't "mentally scarred" and I'm still not, I was disappointed.

So yeah, you either give me some valid input on how we can clearly define this law or it's bullshit and it should either be shot down or remade.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 2:12 PM
Jul 2014
I really don't know, laws are different in every country. In my country rape is forced penetration (oral, anal or vaginal) to someone. And if you are drunk and can't consent, it's also rape. The problem with drinking is that people who aren't dead drunk can say "no" but they still are weaker than the attacker and can still be raped. In that case, it's not the drink's fault.

What do you propose to change then? Do you want to blame rape victims who are already told frequently that it's their fault, and blame them even further just because they drank? Where do you draw the line between consent and no consent? do you think someone who is highly drunk and impaired should be taken seriously when saying yes?

- Experiences are not irrelevant. You experienced it positively, some people might enjoy being raped, it's possible. But most people don't.

BTW I've already posted a link that shows this news is BS. There is not going to be a shift in the burden of evidence
Jan 30, 2015 2:17 PM

Apr 2012
You keep on repeating yourself like you have no idea what I'm saying. If someone says "No" while intoxicated it is "no", but saying "yes", should be "yes". If they are then forced, that's something else entirely.
What do you propose to change then? Do you want to blame rape victims who are already told frequently that it's their fault, and blame them even further just because they drank?
Appeal to emotion some more. Nobody cares about your so-called "victims", if they consented while drunk they are to be blamed.
Where do you draw the line between consent and no consent? do you think someone who is highly drunk and impaired should be taken seriously when saying yes?
I draw the line when there is either a "no" or no verbal/body/etc consent. And yes, I believe one should be taken seriously while "highly impaired", otherwise the drunk drivers that got in the car or killed someone should not be accountable for their actions.
- Experiences are not irrelevant. You experienced it positively, some people might enjoy being raped, it's possible. But most people don't.
Experiences are irrelevant anyway, who cares what you believe, what matters is the truth.
BTW I've already posted a link that shows this news is BS. There is not going to be a shift in the burden of evidence
No, you haven't.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 2:21 PM
Jul 2014
The problem is that most cases are not like you say they are. Rape when the victim is intoxicated is not really when she says "yes" and rips your clothes, it's when it's clear that the person is so drunk that they can't consent because their judgement is impaired - It's when you basically are unresponsive and aren't able to rationally agree to have sex Rape while intoxicated is a situation where one party is unresponsive and is therefore unable to give consent. The more realistic scenario for this type of rape is one person black out drunk lying motionless on the ground and someone having sex with that person. This is rape while intoxicated because the person who is unresponsive can obviously not give consent and even a head nod or some grunt isn't considered consent in this scenario. So, in the eyes of the law, rape while intoxicated cannot happen to both parties, because that would require both parties to be unresponsive and when you are at that stage of inebriated you aren't physically capable of having sex.

You can't take the daily mall serious - Now stop bullshitting because there is not such a stupid law about burden of proof. Legislators aren't that stupid:

Do you really believe legislators would force you to record consent in a paper or video? It's childish to believe that would happen, and completely impractical

I draw the line when there is either a "no" or no verbal/body/etc consent. And yes, I believe one should be taken seriously while "highly impaired", otherwise the drunk drivers that got in the car or killed someone should not be accountable for their actions

You really miss the point. This isn't about drunk drives, it's when people are so intoxicated that they realistically cant' really consent out of their will, when it's clear that they don't know what they're doing. You don't have to be smart to realize that.
Jan 30, 2015 2:24 PM

Apr 2012
Blackout0219 said:
The problem is that most cases are not like you say they are. Rape when the victim is intoxicated is not really when she says "yes" and rips your clothes, it's when it's clear that the person is so drunk that they can't consent because their judgement is impaired - It's when you basically are unresponsive and aren't able to rationally agree to have sex Rape while intoxicated is a situation where one party is unresponsive and is therefore unable to give consent. The more realistic scenario for this type of rape is one person black out drunk lying motionless on the ground and someone having sex with that person. This is rape while intoxicated because the person who is unresponsive can obviously not give consent and even a head nod or some grunt isn't considered consent in this scenario. So, in the eyes of the law, rape while intoxicated cannot happen to both parties, because that would require both parties to be unresponsive and when you are at that stage of inebriated you aren't physically capable of having sex.

Immahnoob said:
Must be easy to make laws against this.

Yet this still happens:
"“When you were drunk, high, drugged, or passed out and unable to consent, how many people ever had vaginal sex with you?” A majority of the 1.3 million women (61.5 percent) the CDC projected as rape victims in 2010 experienced this sort of “alcohol or drug facilitated penetration.”"

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 2:30 PM
Jul 2014

Yet this still happens:
"“When you were drunk, high, drugged, or passed out and unable to consent, how many people ever had vaginal sex with you?” A majority of the 1.3 million women (61.5 percent) the CDC projected as rape victims in 2010 experienced this sort of “alcohol or drug facilitated penetration.”"

I don't agree with this question.

I think a better question would be "Were you ever so intoxicated that you were unable to consent sex? And if so, did someone force you against your will?"

I never said that question was smart, it's tricky. But that doesn't mean we should believe that people who are overly drunk should be taken seriously. They shouldn't. If someone is dead drunk, in this case a girl - Don't have a sex with her, because it's impossible to determine if the mixed signals or the tiny "yes" was really a "yes". There is not much more I can say about this. I've already linked you and the OP about the fact that the DM was bullshitting, don't go to the DM for news, or for california newspapers for that matter
Jan 30, 2015 2:31 PM

Apr 2012
You really miss the point. This isn't about drunk drives, it's when people are so intoxicated that they realistically cant' really consent out of their will, when it's clear that they don't know what they're doing. You don't have to be smart to realize that.
You have to be retarded not to understand analogies...
I never said that question was smart, it's tricky. But that doesn't mean we should believe that people who are overly drunk should be taken seriously.
Then drunk drivers shouldn't be accountable for their actions.
Also, I doubt you understand what the 60% proves in this case either.

Cognitive bias.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 2:32 PM
Jul 2014
Immahnoob said:
You have to be retarded not to understand analogies...

I do, but an analogy about rape being compared with driving is not really accurate. Moreover, comparing raping someone who is unable to give proper consent to someone who drives while drunk is completely fallacious, we're talking about apples and oranges. I could go out naked and drink myself to death, you still wouldn't have a right to rape me, even if I was unresponsive. If you think otherwise then fuck you and your uninformative ideas of "consent".
Jan 30, 2015 2:33 PM

Apr 2012
You're begging the question if you're still calling it "rape". I'm assuming you no longer have a relevant response so you're relying on repeating yourself to death.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 2:35 PM
Jul 2014
Immahnoob said:
You're begging the question if you're still calling it "rape". I'm assuming you no longer have a relevant response so you're relying on repeating yourself to death.

It's rape when you are too drunk too consent. Do you have any learning problems? because I've been trying to explain that to you, but apparently you think that people who are drunk enough to not be able to walk properly should be able to fully consent. In fact - Let me give you a better analogy - If someone who is drunk can't drive because it's a responsibility, someone who is too drunk can't consent into sex as well, because equally it is a responsibility (pregnancies, STD's, physical intimacy, etc.)
Jan 30, 2015 2:43 PM

Apr 2012
It's rape when you are too drunk too consent.
Good job, so when is it "too drunk to consent" and when is it "not drunk enough, did consent but still drunk" or "too drunk to consent but said "yes" anyway" or etc.
Is there a "He/she is drunk" expert? Like Captain Drunkard or something?
Who forced them to drink again and to consent?

You're just talking out of your experiences like anyone cares, that's why you don't have an argument.

Also, your analogy makes no sense.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 2:49 PM
Jul 2014
Immahnoob said:
It's rape when you are too drunk too consent.
Good job, so when is it "too drunk to consent" and when is it "not drunk enough, did consent but still drunk" or "too drunk to consent but said "yes" anyway" or etc.
Is there a "He/she is drunk" expert? Like Captain Drunkard or something?
Who forced them to drink again and to consent?

You're just talking out of your experiences like anyone cares, that's why you don't have an argument.

Also, your analogy makes no sense.

No one forces anyone but that's not the point, the point is that if you are too drunk you are incapable of consent. In my country, if you sign a contract when drunk, you can call it out the next week if you regret it, because your judgement is impaired. Even if the person who made the contract with you disagrees, you can still call out the contract and the other part has to give back what you sold to them (and you give back the money). Equally if someone is too drunk, they can't consent. Where do you lack understanding on this? Do you think someone who is close to pass out can consent? I don't understand your reasoning, I'm not talking about people who had 2-3 beers and were slightly drunk, I'm talking about intoxication, real cases of intoxication.

- You don't need experts - You need the law to draw a limit on alcohol, and above that limit you cannot consent. It's simple, and you can ask for a blood sample or urine test to prove. Do you have a better solution? Any young person with social life knows when someone is simply drunk and when someone is SUPER HYPER drunk. I for example know when my friends are too drunk to consent, and when that happens I take them home in my vehicle because I don't want anyone taking advantage of them.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.