Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 4, 2009 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
Proselyt said:
Oosran said:
maxime1007 said:
Oosran said:
Or imagine this: Magic is a positive power, and esper powers are negative (or the other way around if you want), and the Imagine Breaker, assuming it's some kind of combination, combines +1 and -1, making it 0, giving him no special powers of either kind, but instead his hand can nullify both of them.
Well let's not take number into account but if we assume that one power is the total opposite of the other I guess that it make sense that one can negate the other giving the same force is sent.
Trough this line of thinking we can suppose that Imagine breaker is the ability to counter a force with it's perfect opposite tough it's only one assumption against many other who also are possible.
Well I found it easier to explain by using +1 and -1, that's pretty much the only reason : p
Those people who think they can solve anything with mathematics...
Why don't start talking about spin quantum numbers and use +1/2 and -1/2... A combination would be net zero without being really 0. Doesn't help?
Ok then let's continue with +1 and -1 and as it has been indicated that a reverse ability to Imagine Breaker may exist we put Touma on a second axis we label i and now we can start to calculate with complex numbers.
You're right numbers make it really easier to explain.

Yeah they do, don't they? : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 4, 2009 2:49 PM
Jun 2008
how did she get lvl-upper?
Did i missed something in the previous episode?
Dec 4, 2009 5:44 PM

Jul 2008
gloryfy said:
how did she get lvl-upper?
Did i missed something in the previous episode?

Yep you definitively missed the part when she was on her pc and found a hidden link on a website and found the level upper there.
Dec 4, 2009 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
pretty good idea with teleporting the windows into the supports
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 5, 2009 12:42 AM
Jul 2009
Oosran said:
maxime1007 said:
Oosran said:

Or imagine this: Magic is a positive power, and esper powers are negative (or the other way around if you want), and the Imagine Breaker, assuming it's some kind of combination, combines +1 and -1, making it 0, giving him no special powers of either kind, but instead his hand can nullify both of them.

Well let's not take number into account but if we assume that one power is the total opposite of the other I guess that it make sense that one can negate the other giving the same force is sent.
Trough this line of thinking we can suppose that Imagine breaker is the ability to counter a force with it's perfect opposite tough it's only one assumption against many other who also are possible.

Well I found it easier to explain by using +1 and -1, that's pretty much the only reason : p
Also, your improvement on this theory makes it even easier to understand, and it sounds even more feasible : p

But considering that we don't really have any more information on this (or do we?) I'd say we can't really continue the discussion regarding what the Imagine Breaker really is : P

Yeah I those were my thoughts, with needing more information. I was focused on one main idea, but then at the end brought up another, which is closer to maxime's statements. (I guess that sort of gives it a berter shot at being correct.)

The point of my mentioning Touma's powers in the first place was not so much to try and explain what they were, but to show how Touma and Saten are different. Just because they are both "level 0" does not mean they are the same. Touma can still jump in front of a graviton explosion and save people. That's the kind of stuff I'm sure Saten wishes she could do.
Dec 6, 2009 8:51 AM

Dec 2008
I don't like the level of violence against girls, or better said Shirai in this show.
It was the same like in the bank robbery scene.

Its funny that the bad guys who use level upper don't fall in coma that fast.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2009 3:20 AM

May 2008
What an idiot for him not to have realized she was going to collapse the building in the first place.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 12, 2009 4:32 PM

Aug 2009
Loved this episode alot ^^
for me, it was one of best episodes so far..
the fight was nice, and I can't wait to see
the next episode to find out if Ruiko will use the level upper song.. :3
Dec 21, 2009 3:52 PM

Jun 2009
level upper is a song...interesting
Dec 22, 2009 9:07 PM
May 2008
ukonkivi said:
What an idiot for him not to have realized she was going to collapse the building in the first place.

Yeah, but he appeared to be a dimwitted thug type, and it's an anime so logic isn't exactly something used often.

Anyway, kind of a boring episode, but not terrible.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Dec 28, 2009 4:43 PM

May 2009
... Did Saten pay for it? Or did she just find a MP3 of the Level Upper...?
Jan 2, 2010 11:36 PM

Apr 2009
Oh Noes.
Not teh Stripper Lady. O:

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
May 8, 2010 5:17 AM

Oct 2008
The stripping scientist is the mastermind behind the Level Upper. I bet my pc on it.
Jun 29, 2010 2:35 AM

Aug 2008
I feel for Ruiko. Sometimes it hurts to be powerless.
Aug 4, 2010 8:03 AM

Aug 2009
Lol Saten became the drug dealer now. What is she going to do even with that level upper? Pawn some noobs? Level upper can pawn noobs and only noobs. It's not like she can beat a level four or higher. Just like what happened to Kuroko and that light bending guy. So because of that, I can to a conclusion that level upper gives you nothing.

Okay so Kuroko was awesome in this episode. I have no idea how the glass cut the pillars into half though. Must be because the building is old or something.

The only one thing that made me laugh was when Saten raised Uiharu's blouse. Uiharu's expression was priceless if you ask me.
Sep 13, 2010 8:27 PM

Aug 2010
Saten gets a level upper AND a new outfit? WOOT!
Dec 23, 2010 4:51 PM

Feb 2010
I'm still waiting for a non-braindamaged culprit.
Feb 27, 2011 5:01 AM

Jul 2010
Come on Ruiko, don't do anything stupid, it's a trap! >_<

Her outfits were great though!

Mar 5, 2011 11:37 PM

Jan 2010
Wow, I'm kind of surprised by this episode. There is some surprising character depth, and a pretty good internal conflict for Saten-san.

I thought Kuroko dealt with the thug in a clever way, too. Slightly more competent enemy this time around. Though this series is more slice of life than Majutsu no Index, I hope to see a more difficult antagonist eventually.
Apr 15, 2011 11:22 PM

Feb 2011
ruiko don't burden your friends >.<

luv kuroko's cleverness and seriousness she's pretty baddass in this ep! <3
Jun 30, 2011 9:06 AM
Jul 2010
Moonfrost said:
Okay so Kuroko was awesome in this episode. I have no idea how the glass cut the pillars into half though. Must be because the building is old or something.
Not that you still care (I guess) since it's been almost a year since your post, but Kuroko doesn't send the glass flying against the pillars as it would obviously break. As she explained, she can teleport objects anywhere, it doesn't need to be an empty space (well, air, for that matter). And when she teleports something, it displaces the object it's teleported into. As she teleported the glass directly inside the pillars, they were cut in half.

I absolutely loved this episode. Why? Because the plot is progressing and things just got serious. Kuroko was pretty badass in that fight and I loved Saten's inner struggle about using the Level Upper or not. It really must suck not to have any powers when you're surrounded by such awesomely powerful friends... She's still quite the brave one, trying to save the guy from the bullies anyway, even though she knew she could do nothing to them. I just hope she won't use Level Upper. Please. Oh, and the Stripper Woman is so part of this. I'm certain of it.
Aug 5, 2011 10:57 AM

Oct 2009
Well, Touma is happy with his level 0. It's probably not supposed to be level 0 anyways :).
Apr 24, 2012 9:58 AM

Jul 2011
I thought for a second that the thug had VECTORS, but of course it was some cheap trick. Anyway this series is coming along really nicely right now, I love the developments with Saten and her struggles. I am liking this more than Index as of now, we'll see if it can keep up the pace.
Aug 17, 2012 1:37 AM

Apr 2012
Well, Kuroko was pretty cool in this episode - she kicked some ass and destroyed a building in the process. Good for her.

Anyway, it is interesting to see some low level espers who are not as carefree about being that way as Touma; but he hardly counts since he has the OP "Imagine Breaker" ability.

Still, I don't feel as sympathetic towards Saten as I feel like the show intends me to be. I mean, she hears that Level Upper produces some serious side effects (although Kuroko is very vague here as to what that entails) and, not only does she still decide to try it herself, but offers it to her friends too? That's pretty dumb. If you don't know all the details about something that just happens to significantly affect your brain you may want to, at least, hold off on handing it out to your pals. Then again, I guess brain damage could be a bonding exercise...
Jan 29, 2013 9:08 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Interesting how she didn't bleed getting kicked through glass.
Also nice way have handling those serious injuries.
I thought for a minute she would use the glass to shatter on the floor and once he steps on a piece she'd listen to the sound then teleport a piece into him.
Feb 4, 2013 3:49 AM

May 2012
Fuck Saten don't use that shit... hopefully she won't get permanent hurt! Lets see what's next I really hope she won't do something to radical!
Feb 4, 2013 3:51 AM
Dec 2012
I remember I was fooled by the title--"railgun."
Mar 21, 2013 3:06 AM

Sep 2012
Awww I hope Saten won't go on the bad side. >_<
Apr 27, 2013 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Good performance of Kuroko and intriguing plot, I want to see how it ends faccedenda with Saten-san! Funny researcher and good designs! I'm always re-evaluating most of the series!
Jun 13, 2013 9:12 PM
Jan 2013
I loved the plate glass teleports. At first, when she started running, I wondered where she was sending them, but then, I though she was bringing down the ceiling, not the floors beneath. Good show.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jun 18, 2013 10:45 AM

Jul 2012
Kuroko is such a badass :D
Sep 6, 2013 4:37 AM

Dec 2010
Shirai was awesome, I haven't realized how good she actually is. I guess there is a reason she's ranked Level 4 after all.

But I feel really bad about what Ryuko has done in the end. Even if she doesn't end up using her powers to do crimes, I don't feel like this can be guaranteed about her friends. Actually not at all.
Sep 27, 2013 6:32 PM

Sep 2011
Kuroko<3
Jan 2, 2014 12:57 AM

Nov 2012
wohooo.. nice fight.. kuroko really genius.. XD
and, there she go saten.. start using the music :o
May 2, 2014 9:59 PM

Jan 2013
I think something bad might happen to Saten if she uses the "Level Upper.
Great fight between Shirai and that guy,i'm glad that she managed to win,that guy was hard to beat.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 21, 2014 7:23 PM

Nov 2012
What a plain out terrible villain,you could feel how forced his character was.

So far this Level up arc has been terrible.If it wasn't for the fact that I want to see the extended Sister arc in Railgun S I probably would have long dropped this already.
Jul 28, 2014 7:00 PM

Aug 2013
Saten have entered the dark side, MUHAHAHA!!
Damn, things gonna turn to shit. Well, I can understand why she will do it, but she's certainly trading her morality for power. She's basically cheating, an insult to those like Misaka that trained long and hard to get their power. But you know, they'll find a way out.

I was really scared for Kuroko for a moment. She did got broken ribs after all... Well, that's what the guy said, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was right.

Now, what's with the unconsciousness? Maybe it's like some kind of drug that when you stop using it, you fall unconscious. Some kind of drug withdrawal effect.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 31, 2014 5:31 AM

Dec 2013
Kuroko was great.
Aug 27, 2014 8:33 PM

May 2014
Saten lol. What will happen? I predict that she's not going to be a protagonist anytimes soon.... She will turn back and say "I'm sorry for trying to obtain power for myself!" Or something along those lines. Though it'd be really cool if she became a protagonist.
Feb 9, 2015 9:14 PM
Oct 2011
minouneetzoe said:
Saten have entered the dark side, MUHAHAHA!!
Damn, things gonna turn to shit. Well, I can understand why she will do it, but she's certainly trading her morality for power. She's basically cheating, an insult to those like Misaka that trained long and hard to get their power. But you know, they'll find a way out.

I was really scared for Kuroko for a moment. She did got broken ribs after all... Well, that's what the guy said, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was right.

Now, what's with the unconsciousness? Maybe it's like some kind of drug that when you stop using it, you fall unconscious. Some kind of drug withdrawal effect.

[spoiler]In the index novels it is eventualy revealed that those who became level 5 did NOT do so just thorugh hard work,. The current program actually selects those whose power has the greatest militry application and only raise their power levels. Others powrs could be raised as well but the Academy City heads find it to bothersome to do so. In otherwords that work hard and it will pay off stuff was just a big lie.[/spoler] Needless to say the academy keeps this secret for a reason.
Jun 30, 2015 10:51 AM

Jun 2015
It appeared to be such a deus ex machina in this fight.
I liked the episode while the focus was Saten-san and/or Kiyama-sensei in the hospital and in the café.
Something in this show is making me like more of the supporting characters than primary.
"Level does not matter"?? What cliche thing to be talked by the stronger one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2016 7:09 AM

Mar 2015
4.5/5

Oh My!! kiyama-Sensei!

I'm really surprised that level upper is a song O_O
It can affect the brain that way.
Mar 6, 2016 6:51 PM

Mar 2015
I just realized the Misaka 10031 or Misaka 10032 have not appeared! Boo!

Saten gonna be one of those annoying girls that needs to be saved because they feel bad about themselves and won't accept for who they are. You either work hard or train yourself. Cheating is bad.

Jan 31, 2017 3:32 AM

Dec 2013
Interesting to hear that the level upper is actually a song.

Someone really needs to tell Saten about the consequences.
Mar 21, 2017 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah genius Saten-chan.. knew we couldn't get pass the drama.

Anyway, kuroko's fight was awesome.
Jun 21, 2017 8:14 AM

Mar 2013
Now that was really intense fight back there.
Sep 14, 2017 4:11 AM

Jun 2013
I didn't like the pacing of the episode - the battle felt stretched too long. Antiskill was useless again. But Kuroko had her chance to shine without Mikoto's help, and Saten started down a dangerous path, so there was still something worthwhile in the episode.

I would have been very dismayed if a certain magical buzzkill (aka Touma) had shown up again, so this episode spared me some annoyance. I was already tired of his annoying face conveniently swooping in to save the day and steal the girls' spotlight, just so that Mikoto can have a mandatory tsundere crush on him. So yeah, the episode gets half a bonus point.

Yes. That's the thing about Touma. His Imagine Breaker is just a convenient excuse to make him technically powerless but at the same time allow him to be practically invincible, so he can waltz around as the noble underdog, rescuing the ladies with his magic fist and lecturing the villains. It's fine that he's a power fantasy character, what isn't fine is how the writer constantly takes the easy way out with him. (I haven't read the novels or seen Index II so I don't know how he fares there, but I honestly don't care.)

Now, I'm not gonna claim that Saten is necessarily a better or more interesting character, I can only talk about that once I've finished Railgun. But at least, so far, she is a true muggle without any contrived powers. She has a legit reason to feel powerless.
LeeTailorSep 14, 2017 4:44 AM
Nov 24, 2017 2:46 PM

Sep 2017
Saten development, plot development, and Kuroko delivering judgement in the form of ass kickery. All good things
Nov 25, 2017 4:11 AM

Nov 2016
Nice episode,favorite fight yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 11, 2017 10:34 AM

Apr 2013
Oh Saten-san... you're heading in a dangerous direction here :o
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

throwaway513846 - Oct 9, 2009

222 by whitebeartigtig »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

throwaway513846 - Oct 2, 2009

283 by whitebeartigtig »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

169 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 25, 2009

224 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:13 PM

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.