Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 21, 2009 1:04 PM

Feb 2008
Wow, that glass throwing at that lady was gruesome. o_O But still very awesome, +1 for Suou. It just keeps on getting better.

However, I'm wondering how they'll wrap it up in 5 episodes...
ScarletApplesNov 21, 2009 6:19 PM
Nov 21, 2009 1:25 PM

Jan 2009
Slow episode overall.

But seeing Suou throwing glass shards ninja-style is awesome.

I did like this image though at the end of the episode.

Can any one translate what it says?
Nov 21, 2009 4:24 PM

Dec 2008
I like the action in this episode and all, but I wish the plot actually would move forward. I mean, 7 episodes into the season and still so many questions that have not been answered since ep 1...

On another note, I loved July in this episode. Think they are trying to show that that he has human feelings too (through interations between him and souh) despite being "just" a doll. I like this way more than using souh as a mean of showing the human side of a contractor. But then again, this only works if she is a real contractor, haven't really grasped the function of her necklace yet.
Nov 21, 2009 4:32 PM

May 2009
Suou is a new character for K-On! now with this seifuku
Nov 21, 2009 6:10 PM

Feb 2009
Oh look, Suou almost got the job done. Too bad she's only good at making Hei save the day, again and again.
Nov 21, 2009 7:15 PM

Jul 2008
good development in july, so cute >O<
that contractor was really scary TT
Nov 21, 2009 8:26 PM

Aug 2009
So, who didn't see brain-melter dying before the episode ended? That's what I thought.

Suou seemed disproportionately accurate throwing the glass, and we know accuracy isn't part of her power, as she mentioned in-episode that she needs July to help her aim. I've never tried, but I found it odd that she never missed.

And this episode sets SuouXJuly as an OTP for me. Because it's cute.
Ha-cha!
Nov 21, 2009 9:42 PM

Jul 2009
I think Hei is one of the few characters in the anime world which is not helpless or becomes emo when he loses his powers. It shows only how badass he is with his training and talent. Frankly I don't care if he get his powers back or not, I just want him to have a happy life with his new family or something. And damn Suou, I know you miss your gun but give that woman a break. No one deserves that many glass pieces in their body!
Nov 21, 2009 10:28 PM

Jun 2008
July x Suou FTW!!! ^^.
Nov 22, 2009 1:24 AM

Oct 2009
Wonton said:
Slow episode overall.

But seeing Suou throwing glass shards ninja-style is awesome.

All I can say about that image is that it is trying to confirm twins are dolls?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 22, 2009 1:37 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Wonton said:

All I can say about that image is that it is trying to confirm twins are dolls?

I curse my inability to read kanji, since the hiragana/katakana is easy enough.
(and for the record, I'll just go ahead and say I didn't even see the huge blue text on the picture : D)
OosranNov 22, 2009 3:24 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 22, 2009 2:35 AM
Jul 2008
You have the title ryuusei no gemeni but the kanji for gemeni look like 'futago' - twins.

looks like it says "we too are gemini" meaning "we are also twins" referring to the scary loli twins (dolls I assume). I think the gemini of the title are Suou and Shion.

watashi tachi mo JEMINI <-- no kanji in that part
kuh111578Nov 22, 2009 2:45 AM
Nov 22, 2009 5:09 AM

Apr 2009
Im getting the feeling too that there might be a rushed ending, but then im hoping there is a third season.

Hei .. i want him to cut his hair lol. Hei with beard looked quite wierd somehow. But i hope he also gets his contractor powers back. Regardless, he is still quite the monster when it comes to fighting.

I didnt really like the new contractor, i was expecting his images to be more disturbing somehow >.< But, he went down rather easily =S

Next episode looks to be quite decent, i hope tanya finally dies really. =(

WHERE IS YINNNNNNNNN?

Nov 22, 2009 9:09 AM

Nov 2007
Best episode yet. Took half the series before things really started getting good. :V
Nov 22, 2009 10:10 AM

Nov 2008
So Hei really did lose his powers. He's still strong and good fighter tho.
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Nov 22, 2009 11:08 AM

Feb 2009
Great episode!
toragon said:

Don't forget that he was known as the Black Reaper before becoming a contractor...
In the first season there were some scenes from Heaven War (that was the name,right?) that showed his great combat abilities.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 22, 2009 3:32 PM
Jun 2008
Wow! I loved the way they are showing Suou and July's relatioship =)
I think the same way as Suou, contractors and dolls must have some trace of feeling.

Also, I can't wait for the next episode!
Nov 22, 2009 8:58 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode!!

waiting for more ^^
Nov 23, 2009 12:45 AM

Apr 2008
scary drawings x_x

Nov 23, 2009 2:08 AM

Apr 2009
ChaosLegion said:
Great episode!
toragon said:

Don't forget that he was known as the Black Reaper before becoming a contractor...
In the first season there were some scenes from Heaven War (that was the name,right?) that showed his great combat abilities.

...that explains Hei's abilities as an solider, but I'm having a real difficult time not gaffing at Suou's abilities. Is her contractor ability summed up as "everything assassin"? I still think her powers are a bit on the cheezy side despite her increasing coolness.

...also how come the dude who died on the crapper looks like he's stoned, while the chick looks like she just drank bleach?
Nov 23, 2009 3:00 AM
Jul 2018
This was fun to watch. July's undeniably cute. Darn that woman for stripping him. Hei's disguise was... well, awesome.
tomin said:
Tough I wish we had more of that serial killer glasses guy and the informant girl, but we already got used to that killing staff from the first season, haven't we.
Ditto. I found him interesting too, and I still haven't forgotten that magician guy.
Nov 23, 2009 3:59 AM

May 2008
So, another reference to the Mitaka Documents and now we have the mythological Izanami and Izanagi. A bit interesting that Izanagi refers to Shion, given his right eye and how in the mythology Tsukuyomi was washed from Izanagi's right eye during the cleansing of sin.

There's a lot of things that point to the moon, from the music choices, to a few things in the first series, and something in this episode.

"The appointed time recorded in the Mitaka documents isn't far off. It seems that we must hurry...

...while the moon is still gone."

Ikita is a name I'll be looking out for as well, assuming they haven't mentioned it before. I may have forgotten it, I don't know.

There's some other stuff in there such as the ME Network and the DNA match up contradicting the amount of memories pulled from the ME Squeezer.

On mythology again, going back to episode one, the observational ghost on fire. End of the creation of the new world and the beginning of death? I don't like pulling too much from mythology, as that tends to be a bit more speculative of me in nature. (Yomi, Hells gate, a ha ha...*shuts up*)

Although since the names Izanami and Izanagi were given, I suppose that it could hint at the contents of Mitaka somehow, perhaps the potential of the two, and the document's timeline.

In any case, I'm going too deep into this. ^^;
fmiu
Nov 23, 2009 8:02 PM

Oct 2008
Shitsurei said:
Ditto. I found him interesting too, and I still haven't forgotten that magician guy.

I am speculating, and hoping, that August 7 isn't dead just yet. 8) As I recall, when Genma "killed" him, no star fell from the sky. And after all, he's a magician, so maybe this was just one of his tricks. :D
Nov 24, 2009 6:40 AM

Jan 2009
scandal said:
Shitsurei said:

I am speculating, and hoping, that August 7 isn't dead just yet. 8) As I recall, when Genma "killed" him, no star fell from the sky. And after all, he's a magician, so maybe this was just one of his tricks. :D

Still, they don't have to show a star fallig every time a minor contractor happens to die?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 24, 2009 7:03 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
scandal said:
Shitsurei said:

Still, they don't have to show a star fallig every time a minor contractor happens to die?
Best way to know he is dead.

Nov 24, 2009 7:06 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
scandal said:
Shitsurei said:

Still not necessary.
Nov 24, 2009 7:11 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
scandal said:
Shitsurei said:

Still not necessary.

Those who observe the stars, it is necessary, bet you anything there is system about that to know more...just can't think of what it can be....

Nov 24, 2009 7:17 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
scandal said:
Shitsurei said:

Still not necessary.

Those who observe the stars, it is necessary, bet you anything there is system about that to know more...just can't think of what it can be....

We're audience, not scientists or star-gazers, and this is anime, they don't necessarily have to show us a star falling every time some contractor dies. Don't you think that'd become a bit annoying after a while? Considering the amount of contractors that've already been killed of?
Nov 24, 2009 7:19 AM

Oct 2008
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
scandal said:
Shitsurei said:

Still not necessary.

Well, every time they've shown a Contractor dying so far (unless it's daytime), I'm pretty sure they've shown their star fall, from what I could remember anyway lol, but I'm probably wrong. :B So it would be weird if they just didn't show it this time, don't you think? Especially since it was a direct scene of the night sky after Genma crushed his head.

ONCE AGAIN, HE'S A MAGICIAN. 8)

Also, in the first season, when Wei supposedly "died", they commented on how his star didn't fall, and it turns out he was actually still alive.

Mk, I think I'm gonna go make a list...
arisudollNov 24, 2009 7:30 AM
Nov 24, 2009 7:33 AM

Jan 2009
scandal said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
scandal said:
Shitsurei said:

Still not necessary.

Well, every time they've shown a Contractor dying so far (unless it's daytime), I'm pretty sure they've shown their star fall, from what I could remember anyway lol, but I'm probably wrong. :B So it would be weird if they just didn't show it this time, don't you think? Especially since it was a direct scene of the night sky after Genma crushed his head.

Also, in the first season, when Wei supposedly "died", they commented on how his star didn't fall, and it turns out he was actually still alive.

There, a more solid argument, great : >
Nov 24, 2009 7:37 AM

Oct 2008
Oosran said:
scandal said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
scandal said:
Shitsurei said:

Still not necessary.

Yay, thanks. :D I liked August 7, so I'm just hoping that he's still alive. But you're right, they didn't show a star falling for every time a Contractor has died (I'm going through episodes of Season 1 right now and making a note of Contractor deaths).
Nov 24, 2009 7:42 AM

Jan 2009
scandal said:
Oosran said:
scandal said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
scandal said:
Shitsurei said:

Still not necessary.

Yay, thanks. :D I liked August 7, so I'm just hoping that he's still alive. But you're right, they didn't show a star falling for every time a Contractor has died (I'm going through episodes of Season 1 right now and making a note of Contractor deaths).

Well do submit a report on your results when you're done : D
Nov 24, 2009 11:20 AM

Apr 2009
Boring eposide... Where is Yin...???
Nov 24, 2009 3:50 PM

May 2007
July~ ;; <3

Nov 25, 2009 7:19 AM

May 2009
There's more to July than he seems. Poor boy. D=

Nov 25, 2009 1:52 PM

Apr 2009
I liked the serial killer Contractor. He was very, very interesting. Shame that he didn't get too much screen-time. His remuneration was perfect.

This episode was similar to episodes in the first season - It focused on the irregular traces of humanity that exist in the seemingly emotionless dolls and contractors. The last two episodes were very similar by having Norio pose the same question Suou asked Hei near the beginning of the season.

The action from the first season is missing - I love Heibo, but I absolutely hate how the action lasts for, at most, a minute, due to his lack of anything except Solid Snake-esque skills. It's easy to tell when BONES is soaking up airtime with stuff (See: Suou's magical girl transformation), and it's bothersome.

With only five episodes left, there is very little to no time to wrap up all of the questions that each episode keeps on throwing at us. We're still in the dark about almost all of the questions posed, and BONES keeps on throwing more questions at us, so either they're going to have drastically speed up the pacing of the show starting from the next episode (Probably not, judging from the preview), or the ending is going to have answer a ton of questions/set-up a third season.

Edit: Oh yeah, did anybody notice that Suou smiled at July at the end of the episode when he told her that it hurt when she touched his bump?
Nov 25, 2009 5:08 PM

May 2009
Woah. EXCELLENT episode. I have no more to say. On top of that the graphics were really good.

Just one question: What's the difference in between dolls and contractors? (actually, I have no idea what a doll is all together -.-)

EDIT: July ;_; He's probably my favourite caracter even if he doesn't really do anything *tears*
Nov 25, 2009 8:52 PM

May 2009
l
Nanakogin said:
Woah. EXCELLENT episode. I have no more to say. On top of that the graphics were really good.

Just one question: What's the difference in between dolls and contractors? (actually, I have no idea what a doll is all together -.-)

EDIT: July ;_; He's probably my favourite caracter even if he doesn't really do anything *tears*

Contractors are more volatile and Dolls are basically what their name implies--they are like dolls. They lack emotion and are the observers, pretty much. (Which isn't necessarily true if you've been following the entire series and you've noticed the hints of emotions from Yin and July here and there.)

Nov 25, 2009 9:26 PM

Oct 2008
Nanakogin said:

Dolls: passive mediums who have no mindset or emotions of their own and only do what they are programmed to do. They can send out observer spirits through their medium; in July's case, it's glass.

Contractors: killers with special powers who have no remorse. Unlike Dolls, they do experience emotions, but the difference between Contractors and humans is that Contractors do not act on these emotions. They are logical beings who act rationally, choosing the actions that will benefit themselves the most.
Nov 25, 2009 9:59 PM
Jan 2009
Ugh, how are they going to end all this? All this mystery should normally take two seasons to answer with any other series, but somehow BONES is gonna pull it off? I don't know. Anyway, I really enjoyed the episodes change of pace though, including the nice char. development.
Nov 25, 2009 10:25 PM

Oct 2008
in b4 it never ends.
Nov 26, 2009 10:43 AM
Nov 2008
so ep 08 is already out?
Nov 26, 2009 11:47 AM

Oct 2008
DESU_USED said:
so ep 08 is already out?

Hmm, it's supposed to be. Don't see it uploaded anywhere, though. :B
Nov 26, 2009 12:14 PM

Oct 2009
DESU_USED said:
so ep 08 is already out?
RAW probably is, subbed comes out on Fridays.
Nov 30, 2009 3:31 AM

Dec 2007
Keeps on getting a little more addictive with each episode.

Dec 1, 2009 8:05 AM

Nov 2007
Mmm... Shion again <3
Izanagi is probably Suou or Shion. Or perhaps both of them? I don't know. Too many questions and not enough answers...

July is so loveable. He often reminds me of Yin, which is always a good thing.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Dec 2, 2009 10:44 PM

Sep 2008
I'm so glad this episode came. I genuinely enjoyed the whole thing. The development with Suou and July was nice, and Hei was actually cool again. I also thought the contractor of the episode was really neat. I hope that since Hei quit drinking he won't be so emo anymore.
Epic LOLZ for Mao being duct taped to the window. I still would like to know how he's alive again though.

It looks like the metal-controlling contractor is working with Kirihara now - curious to see what she does next.
Also am glad that Suou's brother *finally* returns. Maybe we'll get some answers now? We at least got more questions, since it looks like his father is still alive somehow. So who is it that Hei killed then, for example.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2009 5:52 AM

Oct 2009
Cho said:
Epic LOLZ for Mao being duct taped to the window. I still would like to know how he's alive again though.
Well, in first season we've seen him changing bodies, haven't we? Since Pecha was with Suou at that time in first episode he could've easily gone "into" Pecha before Mao, as a cat got shot down by April. I'm not even sure if he isn't immortal, since he's just like a soul or something.
Dec 3, 2009 6:21 AM

May 2009
July = epic win for this episode ^^
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Dec 3, 2009 7:51 AM

Sep 2008
tomin said:
Cho said:
Well, in first season we've seen him changing bodies, haven't we? Since Pecha was with Suou at that time in first episode he could've easily gone "into" Pecha before Mao, as a cat got shot down by April. I'm not even sure if he isn't immortal, since he's just like a soul or something.

I mean at the end of the first season, Mao was hacking into the Syndicate's files and said in essence that his time was over, since his ability to think could be cut off at any time. (AKA if he ever rebelled, his mind would be shut down, which is essentially the same as dying, because the cat would become an ordinary cat again) And then he scratched Yin and scampered off (became a normal cat), which seemed to imply that Mao was dead. But then he's back in the second season somehow. Was Mao just lying at the end of the first season? It just seems like an odd thing to make up.

And if that cat in episode 1 was Mao, that seems confusing as well, because I don't see how he would have had any time whatsoever to switch his mind into the squirrel. He leaped out and was shot instantaneously. It takes at least a moment to make the switch, which Mao didn't have (assuming that cat was Mao).
But I'm mainly concerned with how he's in the second season at all. I'm apparently missing something, because the show hasn't said a word about it at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.