Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 12, 2014 6:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, everyone looks great at the party, especially Erza.

Kagura looks quite different in that blue dress. Hot. The episode felt really slow though but it's more of a celebratory episode so that's understandable. Welp, is Kagura drunk? LOL. Wow.

But yeah, this is pretty much the end of this arc. Juvia's expressions were hilarious this episode.
Sep 12, 2014 7:47 PM

Dec 2013
I want to be in Erza's cleavage.
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Sep 12, 2014 7:48 PM

Nov 2013
Been a while since we had a fun fairy tail ep. I missed this humor :)
Sep 12, 2014 7:59 PM

Nov 2013
I want to be an exceed :p

Sep 12, 2014 8:15 PM
Jun 2014
Ahh, this episode was great as expected. Really loved it!
Missed all the laughs that previous eps didn't give as much since they were in war and all.
It was so pleasing seeing everyone together.
Natus being king~ gotta love him.
<3
Can't wait for the next ep!
Sep 12, 2014 8:19 PM
Sep 2012
Awesome episode, after long battles in the Grand Magic Games and against Future Rogue and the dragons, we know have a well deserved party to celebrate and relax.

I couldn't wait for this episode, everyone look great. It was a clevage paradise. I don't know who was my favorite, maybe Kagura seeing her drunk was so adorable and hillarous.

The Mavis scene was hillarous, and the different version of Juvia was cute, Gray you are so craul, LOL. Millanna treating the exceeds like stuff animals as Pantherlily calls it was cute. We did have an add on scene of explainging the Levy narriation and the twist at the end of the story, topped with a GajeelxLevy moment. Nice to see Lucy and Hisui clear the air, Hisui knew Lucy's father I guess during the time skip, I heard somewhere that Hiro indented for Hisui to have been enganged to Lucy's dad at the time of his death, but Hiro put that on the cutting room floor, Hisui could have been Lucy's stepmom.

We see Sabertooth have reformed, Natsu is no where to be found, so Sting has to settle for Gajeel, Gajeel's reacion is priceless. This leads to a Sabertooth reunion with Yukino, which leads to a brawl between all the guilds for Yukino the hottest free agent mage on the market. I loved how Romeo compares Yukino to Lisanna. I am glad they censoered the Lamia Scale guild master bring naked, if I saw that, that would give me nightmares.

Finally Natsu is here, he is stolen the king's crown, Makarov is about to lose it, and the knight they learned their lesson, they are not messing with Natsu. Ha ha.

We close the episode with fillers or add ons, we see everyone dancing and perhaps some new ships, Lyon and Milliana that could work, Erza and Kagura, I am sure everyone supports that, Wendy dancing with Gray and seeing Juvia looking on in a envious way, poor Juvia, though I would have added have Wareen be right next to Juvia with the same type of reaction. a scene that puzzled me is the king about to punish Princess Hisui, I always the king was in on the whole Eclipse plan, so that kind of surprised me, I guess they had to stuff on somehow. Everyone stands up for her, and in the end the king punishes by making her wear the pumpkin head for the week, that was kind of funny. And had one for everyone, Happy said Happy agrees, where was Flo, I wish Flo would have broken character for a moment and say hey you stealing my bit. Ha ha. My only complaint is no NatLu moments. I guess we needed a break from that after last week.

Anyway great episode, Fairy Tail knows how to throw a post victory party episode, One Piece is the only series that can do that well. Next week, so sad.
Sep 12, 2014 8:20 PM

Jul 2012
Sep 12, 2014 8:23 PM
Oct 2009
blfan said:
Nice to see Lucy and Hisui clear the air, Hisui knew Lucy's father I guess during the time skip, I heard somewhere that Hiro indented for Hisui to have been enganged to Lucy's dad at the time of his death, but Hiro put that on the cutting room floor, Hisui could have been Lucy's stepmom.

That...is news to me.

blfan said:
a scene that puzzled me is the king about to punish Princess Hisui, I always the king was in on the whole Eclipse plan, so that kind of surprised me, I guess they had to stuff on somehow.

I'm not so puzzled by the punishment scene; in the manga, the king said he was just informed about the Eclipse plan right before it started. And since his daughter was the mastermind, it makes sense she wouldn't get him involved until it was necessary.
Sep 12, 2014 9:08 PM

Jan 2011
I liked the arc, but the celebratory party episode was a little meh. Ah well, at least it's over and we're on to a new arc...Kabo
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 12, 2014 9:18 PM

Jun 2014
You almost annihilated 6 billion people on the planet and doomed all of humanity for the rest of existance based on a whim from a strange random man who was obviously a lunatic judging from his hairstyle, personality and appearance. Punishment? Wear a pumpkin mask for a week. 1/5. May bump it up to 2 because of titties but probably not. Also could have made it a little less obvious it was a filler
QansSep 12, 2014 9:24 PM
Sep 12, 2014 9:28 PM

Jul 2010
The party seemed fun ^^
Levy crying from seeing Gajeel safely returning :/
Gray and Juvia entering their own individual new age!
Mavis haunting Chelia for the food!
Kagura in a dress and asking Erza to be like an older sister!
Everyone fighting for Yukino to join their guild!
That grand entrance by Natsu xD Makarov losing the last of his hair ^^
The punishment given by being kabo for a week.
Sep 12, 2014 9:54 PM
Mar 2010
rodac said:
I liked the arc, but the celebratory party episode was a little meh. Ah well, at least it's over and we're on to a new arc...Kabo

Actually, two more episodes to wrap up the arc. Lots of loose ends left to deal with.

Qans said:
Also could have made it a little less obvious it was a filler

Made what less obvious it was a filler? The pumpkin scene? Because aside from the moment with Gajeel and Levy, everything to the end of the scene of Natsu showing up as king was canon.
Sep 12, 2014 10:24 PM

Aug 2012
Very heartwarming and fun episode ~ Kabo.
Sep 12, 2014 11:09 PM

Jun 2014
Great end to a great arc.

I saw so many ships this whole episode. Not much NaLu though :( I like how Gajeel and Levy had like their own scene for them. I guess all the ships are like going to official and their giving a scene for each of them now.

Next episode looks a little bit sad considering the title.

Well, ON TO THE NEXT ARC!
Sep 12, 2014 11:10 PM

Aug 2013
This reminds me of the old fairy tail
Sep 12, 2014 11:36 PM

Jul 2013
All hail King Natsu-kabo
GajeelxLevy~
Kagura asking Erza to be like an older sister :D
Lily, Happy and Carla pulled out from Erza's cleavage. How? One of the mysterious of the universe.
Lol the punishment..
Sep 13, 2014 12:08 AM
Oct 2013

This cracked me up as it did in its manga version. Hilarious
Sep 13, 2014 12:08 AM

Jul 2014
Although I found this episode kind of short but it still a fun episode with some interesting add on. Gale is so cute. <3
Lol at Juvia and Gray new version.
And fairy tail still have awesome soundtrack that makes it more enjoyable.
Can't wait to see next episode.
apsea05Sep 13, 2014 12:16 AM
Google first, ask later
Sep 13, 2014 12:47 AM

Aug 2013
Natsu should be King- kabo.
Sep 13, 2014 1:27 AM

Jan 2014
lucy it so very kawaii *^*
Sep 13, 2014 2:26 AM

Sep 2014
Fairy Tail now gets two kings! one from Edolas and one from Earth who can stop them now?
''I wish to believe in a righteous light that encompasses the rage and sadness....the righteous light which guides all things''

''You will regret this i will show you magic like you never seen before! ''
Sep 13, 2014 3:24 AM

Apr 2014
Even through I hoped that the garou knights would try to move natsu, the episode was good.
Sep 13, 2014 3:49 AM

May 2014
The King Natsu!! ... -kabo
Sep 13, 2014 4:46 AM
Oct 2007
This arc is so anticlimax as a whole. The level of epicness in this whole arc did not even amount to half when compared to the poorly adapted Tokyo Ghoul. I was expecting more depth to the story since dragons are involved. The super slow pacing isn't helping too but that's understandable. 6 out of 10 for the Grand Magic Games arc. 3/5 for this episode..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2014 4:46 AM

Jun 2013
well that was slow as hell and Erza has huge boobs
Sep 13, 2014 5:08 AM

Sep 2014
luccide said:
This arc is so anticlimax as a whole. The level of epicness in this whole arc did not even amount to half when compared to the poorly adapted Tokyo Ghoul. I was expecting more depth to the story since dragons are involved. The super slow pacing isn't helping too but that's understandable. 6 out of 10 for the Grand Magic Games arc. 3/5 for this episode..

I agree but i can't wait until Tartarus arc is animated so far is way better then Dragons arc.
''I wish to believe in a righteous light that encompasses the rage and sadness....the righteous light which guides all things''

Sep 13, 2014 5:09 AM

Apr 2008
KingMystogan said:
luccide said:

I agree but i can't wait until Tartarus arc is animated so far is way better then Dragons arc.

We have the sun village arc before that
Sep 13, 2014 5:13 AM

Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:
KingMystogan said:

I liked that arc too

Sep 13, 2014 5:17 AM

Apr 2008
KingMystogan said:
Darklight0303 said:

I liked that arc too

Yeah same here. Just saying there's a bit of a buffer arc before the BEST arc
Sep 13, 2014 5:27 AM

Mar 2012
I just want to see Natsu with the King's clothes already XD

KYAAAAA~ Lucy is so damn kawaii!!!!
Happy on the best spot ever! *3*
OMG DAT CHELIAAAA :O My eyes... MY EYES ARE BURNING FOR SEEING TOO MUCH CUTENESS!
*dies*

Next episode we're gonna see Ultear :/
Sep 13, 2014 5:32 AM

Dec 2013
What else is in Erza's cleavage-kabo.
Sep 13, 2014 7:38 AM

Jan 2014
Lmao Erza pulled the cats out of her cleavage

miskos3 said:

This cracked me up as it did in its manga version. Hilarious
Sep 13, 2014 8:35 AM

May 2013
Qans said:
You almost annihilated 6 billion people on the planet and doomed all of humanity for the rest of existance based on a whim from a strange random man who was obviously a lunatic judging from his hairstyle, personality and appearance. Punishment? Wear a pumpkin mask for a week. 1/5. May bump it up to 2 because of titties but probably not. Also could have made it a little less obvious it was a filler

This specific episode draws from material from the manga, so it wasn't technically a filler which would be tv original content.

I liked this episode, It was fun and we really needed an episode like this.. Hopefully this is where the new series can take flight; however some of the voice acting was bit meh (i.e. natsu's laugh while he pretends to be king is horrendous.) It wasn't as good as the original fun episodes from Fairy Tail, but it is a pretty good start... though that GaLe moment was so cute <3.
Erza's breasts have just reached a legendary level. I wonder how she pulled it off. A magic trick? Requip? Does she really have that much room in her bra? Such questions caused me to miss a few scenes after seeing that so I had to rewatch them xD. She looked like she was having a little too much fun with it too. That smile.
Sep 13, 2014 9:20 AM
Aug 2014
This episode of Fairy Tail was for comedic purposes really enjoyable. In my opinion that is what this episode was all about. Natsu playing for king, Erza taking the Exceed from her breasts, the fight for Yukino and the 'Kabo!'-scene.
It made me laugh many times. Also nice to see that the problems between Erza and Milliana are solved. And not only they but almost the problems and issues.

Also this announces the end of the 'Grand Magic Games/Daimatou Enbu'-arc. I wonder if Rogue will be able to stay himself, except for changing to his evil self or if Frosch won't be killed and by who...?

I give the episode: 8.5
+ Full of humor.
+ Last problems and issues from the arc are solved.
+ Kabo!...scene

- Only (kind of) negative thing is that the episode didn't progess that much since it only was the party we got to see.
Sep 13, 2014 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
PPL's discontent with this arc is understandable. No dragon slayer defeated any dragon, more like didn't even scratch it. Natsu saved everyone in the end... by defeating a lifeless object? Lol okay.
And this episode was not necessary. Fair to say it was a cannon filler. It kinda made me realize that Fairy Tail is indeed targeted at much younger audience than, even say, Naruto. Basically, a huge war went on, so many ppl died, including some pretty iconic characters, and nobody is even willing to admit that the king's daughter shouldn't have taken everything in her hands, deciding something so huge on her own, not consulting the guilds or the king.... hm. I'm sad to see everyone so happy and careless exactly the moment that they were straight on reminded how weak and useless they are.

On the other hand, I see why them actually defeating the dragons wouldnt have been a good choice story-wise. I eman that should be just a sort of end-achievement. If all the dragon slayers would be able to kill a dragon now, then everyone would expect Natsu to be able to defeat at leaast Acnologia by himself. And I mean... where's the thrill in that? They simply couldn''t have been so overpowered in this stage on the story. Well... so basically this arc was needed to tone down the power of the characters and the viewer's/reader's feeling that the heroes could kill anything at any time.
Sep 13, 2014 11:20 AM

Dec 2007
Morridine said:
On the other hand, I see why them actually defeating the dragons wouldnt have been a good choice story-wise. I eman that should be just a sort of end-achievement. If all the dragon slayers would be able to kill a dragon now, then everyone would expect Natsu to be able to defeat at leaast Acnologia by himself. And I mean... where's the thrill in that? They simply couldn''t have been so overpowered in this stage on the story. Well... so basically this arc was needed to tone down the power of the characters and the viewer's/reader's feeling that the heroes could kill anything at any time.

This is pretty much it. The author outright stated he intended this to be anticlimactic, and toning down the characters perceived power level is the obvious goal. Indeed, it could have been done better (much better), but we get what we get and either accept or drop.

That being said, this was my most anticipated episode (pre Tartarus arc at least), and I was hoping they'd devote a full episode to this chapter. I love the outfits and antics here, and was not disappointed in the least. Unfortunately, it'll probably be awhile before we get another one I really like.
Sep 13, 2014 12:11 PM
May 2011
Finally a new arc
Sep 13, 2014 12:45 PM

Nov 2013
It was nice to see this change of atmosphere,after 20 so episodes of battles and epicness..It had this Fairy Tail feeling to it! (After each grand battle won,a party will be held):)))

Lol..That Juvia 2.0 :))

Natsu being...Natsu lol :)) I would vote for Natsu to be a king though haha~ :)) It would be very funny!

Everyone looked soo good in those suits and dresses *.* And i LOVED that GaLe moment <3 <3 geehee~
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Sep 13, 2014 12:59 PM

May 2012
5 best girl at the part coz everyone's look good.. :))
Erza
Juvia
Kagura
Lucy
Hisui

special mention to that Gray's nude outfit :)

Sep 13, 2014 1:13 PM

Sep 2013
lol poor Mavus being unable to eat the jello or pudding.
This is why Gajeel's my favorite. The man is badass even in a suit.
I agree with the rest of you, this episode felt like old Fairy Tail and thats a good thing. Still wish SOMEONE wouldve brought up Ultear though. I mean all she did was sacrifice her own life to save everyone elses!
Sep 13, 2014 1:20 PM

Apr 2008
Old_Raven said:
lol poor Mavus being unable to eat the jello or pudding.
This is why Gajeel's my favorite. The man is badass even in a suit.
I agree with the rest of you, this episode felt like old Fairy Tail and thats a good thing. Still wish SOMEONE wouldve brought up Ultear though. I mean all she did was sacrifice her own life to save everyone elses!

Such is the fate of the unsung hero
Sep 13, 2014 2:14 PM

May 2013
Hilarious episode, loved the part when Erza pulled 3 cats out of her boobs :P
Sep 13, 2014 2:28 PM

Sep 2012
Everybody else already said what I wanted to say but I just have to point out one thing... Natsu looks so damn good in suit!
WinnDixieX3Sep 13, 2014 2:34 PM
Sep 13, 2014 2:30 PM

Nov 2011
WinnDixieX3 said:
Everybody else already said what I wanted to say but I just have to point out one thing... Natsu looks so damn good in suit!

xD Because he's always wearing flip flops for crying out loud! You imagine the mangaka thought this was cool enough to put them on the main character badass wannabe xD
Sep 13, 2014 3:16 PM
Sep 2012
it was an amazing ep for me ... i laughed and smiled the whole ep ...i missed such funny eps ... that what makes FT so amazing <3
Sep 13, 2014 4:52 PM

Mar 2014
lmfao erzas cleavage holds a lot of stuff
Sep 13, 2014 5:04 PM

Apr 2011
Way much better than the manga.

It was an amazing episode, the party scene and certain characters, reminds me of One Piece. Both are my favorite series! Wish they were from the same magazine...
Sep 13, 2014 5:26 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. I love that the princess ends her sentences with -kabo. Hahaha. That was a fun episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2014 6:10 PM

Jan 2011
Did anybody notice that Levy didn't go to the ball at all? It wasn't commented on in the episode, except that small scene with Gajeel looking for her, but he simply returned and she was totally forgotten both by the ball guest aswell as by the people commenting here..
Sep 13, 2014 7:27 PM

Aug 2013
Nice light-hearted episode after all the serious, dark ones.

I thought the arc as a whole was okay. The tournament part was fantastic, but the time travel part was kind of weak. Hopefully the next arc is better.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.