Forum Settings
Forums

What's up with virgins justifying their virginity?

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 20, 2014 5:59 AM

Mar 2014
Shiratori99 said:
LashLethal said:
If you're desperate for sex, get a girlfriend. Stop sitting on MAL all day and put in work. Go to gigs, go to raves. Put in WORK!

And if you're not? :o

Then the statement doesn't apply to you. Simple.
Aug 20, 2014 6:01 AM

Sep 2013
Cyaegha said:
Shiratori99 said:

Hey now, don't ruin my bait.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Aug 20, 2014 6:04 AM

Aug 2012
Shiratori99 said:
Cyaegha said:

Hey now, don't ruin my bait.
ruined it yourself gg
Aug 20, 2014 6:05 AM
Jul 2018
I'd like it to go on record that I disagree with the idea of getting a girlfriend just to have sex. Having a girlfriend implies a relationship, and a relationship should be taken seriously.

If you just want sex, I'm sure there are people that feel the same way. You don't have to lead someone on who expects more. That's cruel.

I'll... stop ranting now.
Aug 20, 2014 6:08 AM
Dec 2013
Shiratori99 said:
LashLethal said:
If you're desperate for sex, get a girlfriend. Stop sitting on MAL all day and put in work. Go to gigs, go to raves. Put in WORK!

20+ virgins club is the way to go then.
Aug 20, 2014 6:10 AM

Jul 2014
Being a virgin doesn't require justification.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Aug 20, 2014 7:27 AM
Nov 2008
they're ashamed for some reason. it usually comes coupled with a prude-ish attitude if they actually want sex but can't figure out how to get it.
Aug 20, 2014 7:56 AM

Jun 2008
Mashiro-Yuki said:
I'd like it to go on record that I disagree with the idea of getting a girlfriend just to have sex. Having a girlfriend implies a relationship, and a relationship should be taken seriously.

If you just want sex, I'm sure there are people that feel the same way. You don't have to lead someone on who expects more. That's cruel.

I'll... stop ranting now.
It's kind of hard to know someone's intent from the start (as in whether the partner expects something more). And people's views of each other can change. I don't think it's that bad. And I don't know about others, but you can usually tell if someone is just trying to get someone for sex.

Lol I was on IRC and someone said: "Are you in love? masturbate before answering. there is great truth in post-cum clarity and much desperation without."
TachiiAug 20, 2014 8:01 AM
Aug 20, 2014 8:00 AM

Jul 2014
It seems to me like virgins are the ones who have the highest opinion about sex, even if they don't know shit about it.
~ça vax~

Aug 20, 2014 8:14 AM

Feb 2013
katsucats said:
Or if you don't see a problem in it at all, that's cool too.

Yep, I don't see any problem with my virginity. But I see problem in fuck-addicted society and especially in someone who tries to teach me how to live or how to cum.
Titan of 20+ virgins club.
Aug 20, 2014 9:38 AM

Nov 2013
Lol everyone is mad I trolled.
SCARY MONSTER
Aug 20, 2014 9:39 AM

Sep 2013
GuusWayne said:
Lol everyone is mad I trolled.
i trusted you
Aug 20, 2014 9:56 AM

Aug 2008
Minagatachi said:
guyklc said:

And why is bragging about being a virgin so bad? In a society where men are literally shunned as losers for remaining virgins, I think the fact that a virgin guy in his mid-twenties who has not lost his sanity from constant bullying from others is something to be proud of. Why should we cave in to social pressure on losing our virginity? If it doesn't hurt you in any way, what's wrong with bragging?

So you're proud about being a virgin just because it is something that you'd get bullied for? That doesn't make sense. That's like saying a fat person should be proud of being fat because they get bullied for it. I'm not saying it's bad to be fat, but it definitely isn't something to be proud of.

Since when do people have sex because they have "caved into social pressure"? People have sex because we, as humans, are designed to enjoy it. You've turned something as simple as sex into a war against society, may I ask why?

Being fat usually (though not always) implies poor choice of diet and lack of exercise. As a result, being fat increases your chances of getting heart attack and diabetes at an earlier age. In a sense, this could end up being a huge drain on society's medical costs. But if fat people are proud of the fact that they're able to keep their self-confidence up, then really, more power to them. I actually once knew a great guy who was kind of obese (I feel bad talking about him like this, because he was a really cool guy; but his weight was definitely the first thing that stood out to me when I first met him), but he had a great girlfriend, and everyone at the company loved him. In that sense, if he says he's proud of achieving all of that despite being overweight, then I would absolutely cheer him on.

I don't see what I'm doing is any different. As for your biological point, not having children is not normal biologically either, but if I'm correct, there was once a thread on here and most people on MAL seemed to not want to have children. Yet nobody back then said anything about this not being normal biologically.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 20, 2014 11:20 AM

Oct 2011
I'm a virgin and I find the opening offensive .
Aug 20, 2014 11:24 AM

Aug 2014
Well my excuse is that I'm awkward around girls and even if I got that close I never would be able to take the next step. All my friends are always having sex and just shoving it in my face. Its not that I'm a virgin by choice.
Aug 20, 2014 11:34 AM

Dec 2013
Gotsupermilk said:
Well my excuse is that I'm awkward around girls and even if I got that close I never would be able to take the next step. All my friends are always having sex and just shoving it in my face. Its not that I'm a virgin by choice.

Well they made the conscious decision of prioritizing sex over emotional discomfort. So you'll have to want it more than the impulse to not try and give up before it'll happen.
Aug 20, 2014 11:41 AM
Mar 2013
what's up with sex addicts justifying their addiction?

I'm an evolved creature and don't feel primitive desires.
Aug 20, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2014
JD2411 said:
what's up with sex addicts justifying their addiction?

I'm an evolved creature and don't feel primitive desires.
*Applauds*
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Aug 20, 2014 11:45 AM

Aug 2014
If chicks in today's world didnt play that level 100 (or over 9000) difficult to get junk, then there wouldnt be so many male virgins.
Aug 20, 2014 11:49 AM
Jun 2014
Shiratori99 said:
LashLethal said:

Then, my son, It's business as you usual. Live life!
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Aug 20, 2014 11:50 AM

Aug 2014
Astros477 said:
Gotsupermilk said:

Well they made the conscious decision of prioritizing sex over emotional discomfort. So you'll have to want it more than the impulse to not try and give up before it'll happen.
Yea I'm no where near that point yet. Seems I will be a virgin for awhile.
Aug 20, 2014 11:51 AM

Aug 2013
i'm not old enough

Aug 20, 2014 11:54 AM
Jun 2014
ScazoN said:
Shiratori99 said:

You have to get your penis out there and market it.

Marketing, marketing, marketing or

'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Aug 20, 2014 12:01 PM

Dec 2013
Gotsupermilk said:
Yea I'm no where near that point yet. Seems I will be a virgin for awhile.

Yeah, which is fine. You value your personal peace over social accomplishments, good choice imo.
Aug 20, 2014 1:42 PM

Oct 2012
ScazoN said:
Shiratori99 said:

Your virginity is clearly on your mind all the time--you're that self-conscious about it--if you're going to claim to have 'pride' in something that takes no effort. If you didn't care about virgin status, you wouldn't be wearing it like a badge. This is like a lazy pothead bragging about being lazy: He might just have fucked up values, but most likely he's just self-conscious and insecure about his laziness, but too fucked up to do something about it. So instead he turns it around to help his fragile ego deal with his predicament.

If you're that desperate for sex, go find it. If you're not desperate, you wouldn't be talking about it. For the third category, this thread is about you and your justifications.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 20, 2014 2:14 PM

Jan 2014
When will MAL grow up?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Aug 20, 2014 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
@Tachii

Fair enough. The statement just reminded me of a friend I have. He doesn't necessarily care about sex, but he always wants a girlfriend, which leads him to date people he's not serious about. The ultimate goal may not be sex, but it is to settle for someone who isn't right for him because of loneliness.

I just can't agree with that, no matter how he explains it. I feel like it's unfair, and selfish.

But that's probably because I don't believe in casual relationships. To me, it's very clear what I expect when entering a relationship. Having someone to be with and share your life with is very special to me. I don't hate people who date for "experience," but I just can't agree with it either.

I'm too well programmed with my beliefs, heh.
Aug 20, 2014 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
Xasthur said:
katsucats said:
Or if you don't see a problem in it at all, that's cool too.
Yep, I don't see any problem with my virginity. But I see problem in fuck-addicted society and especially in someone who tries to teach me how to live or how to cum.
Fuck-addicted society? Listen here, the point isn't whether you have sex, but whether you justify whatever decision you make with these emotionally-charged attitudes that clearly reflect just how much you actually care about it. What does someone else's addiction have to do with your own decision, and are you really mad about someone else's addiction, or are you made with your own decision? I judge the latter, for obvious reasons. I won't tell you not to be irrational and self-defeating. But I will tell you that it obviously shows, and ask you why?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 20, 2014 2:56 PM

Oct 2012
Kitska said:
Virginity is a social construct created by religion and culture. There's no such thing as "virginity" in nature. There's no reason in being ashamed of never having sex, and there's also no shame in having a lot of sex either.
So is gender...
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 20, 2014 4:31 PM

Nov 2011
Well, it's not easy for people admitting they're: ugly, fat, nerds, lack of social skills, scared of women, etc. So the easiest thing is trying to justify it by saying some stupid argument.

Getting laid is not that great anyway.
I luv u
Aug 20, 2014 4:37 PM

Aug 2008
katsucats said:
ScazoN said:
Your virginity is clearly on your mind all the time--you're that self-conscious about it--if you're going to claim to have 'pride' in something that takes no effort. If you didn't care about virgin status, you wouldn't be wearing it like a badge. This is like a lazy pothead bragging about being lazy: He might just have fucked up values, but most likely he's just self-conscious and insecure about his laziness, but too fucked up to do something about it. So instead he turns it around to help his fragile ego deal with his predicament.

If you're that desperate for sex, go find it. If you're not desperate, you wouldn't be talking about it. For the third category, this thread is about you and your justifications.

I just want to make sure I understand you very clearly: so all virgins who are conscious about their virginity are fucked up losers who can't get any, so they lie to themselves. Is that what you're saying, more or less?

Aug 20, 2014 4:42 PM

Aug 2014
Jaguer91 said:
Well, it's not easy for people admitting they're: ugly, fat, nerds, lack of social skills, scared of women, etc. So the easiest thing is trying to justify it by saying some stupid argument.

Luckily I don't think I'm ugly. Just lacking in social skills and somewhat afraid of people...especially women. I hope that's something I can fix.
GotsupermilkAug 20, 2014 4:46 PM
Aug 20, 2014 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
@Gotsupermilk

I felt the same way for a long time. You should talk to tomboys. My best friend was a girl who liked to tease me about sex all the time, and eventually I got comfortable to tease back.

Romantically speaking, I like shy, cute girls, but I was way too intimidated to approach one. My friend was a girl, but she acted boyish, and it made me realize that girls aren't any different than guys. It helped me become really well-spoken.

Years later, I have more female friends than male. Although, that might make you kinda girly, heh. I have no remaining traces of masculinity. xD
Aug 20, 2014 4:55 PM

Jun 2014
Gotsupermilk said:
Jaguer91 said:

Luckily I don't think I'm ugly. Just lacking in social skills and somewhat afraid of people...especially women. I hope that's something I can fix.

I would suggest just approaching women with becoming friends in mind and just going from there. If you become more than friends then that's great, but if you don't it's still perfectly acceptable. It's a win-win situation.
Aug 20, 2014 4:57 PM

Aug 2014
Mashiro-Yuki said:
@Gotsupermilk

I felt the same way for a long time. You should talk to tomboys. My best friend was a girl who liked to tease me about sex all the time, and eventually I got comfortable to tease back.

Romantically speaking, I like shy, cute girls, but I was way too intimidated to approach one. My friend was a girl, but she acted boyish, and it made me realize that girls aren't any different than guys. It helped me become really well-spoken.

Years later, I have more female friends than male. Although, that might make you kinda girly, heh. I have no remaining traces of masculinity. xD
Yea I like shy cute girls too. But yea for some reason they are really intimidating. For example, this girl was at my local comic book store looking through manga. She was really cute and seemed she knew her way around a manga section. I just did not have it in me to say anything or even ask her what she is reading. Now I'm really regreting it.

Maybe I should look for a tomboy
Aug 20, 2014 4:58 PM

Aug 2014
SaucyNudityBaron said:
Gotsupermilk said:

I would suggest just approaching women with becoming friends in mind and just going from there. If you become more than friends then that's great, but if you don't it's still perfectly acceptable. It's a win-win situation.
Yea that's probably a good first step. Definitely a win-win :)
Aug 20, 2014 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
I've felt that man. I know it's not easy but it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, so take things at a pace you're comfortable with.

Most girls who would be your type tend to think shyness in a guy is cute anyway, so that's a plus.

And I'm not saying my solution is the best, but she did do a lot to get me out of my shell. Not just the teasing. You've gotta be willing to ask for help too.
Aug 20, 2014 5:06 PM

Jul 2013
Gotsupermilk said:
Mashiro-Yuki said:
@Gotsupermilk

Yea I like shy cute girls too. But yea for some reason they are really intimidating. For example, this girl was at my local comic book store looking through manga. She was really cute and seemed she knew her way around a manga section. I just did not have it in me to say anything or even ask her what she is reading. Now I'm really regreting it.
I like shy girls as well. Thought they can be kind of bad at keeping conversations going (or at least until you get to know them) which is definitely a downside. But despite that they seem pretty cute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2014 5:10 PM

Sep 2013
"Sex is everywhere. Everyone is talking about it, ALL THE TIME. At first being a virgin doesn't bother you. You think to yourself, "I'm young it'll happen eventually", but then for some people (me) it doesn't. You hear all your friends talking about their sexual exploits. You hear about girls you are friends with talking about that guy they had a one night stand with. Your confidence is shrinking by the day and it's humiliating that you've never done this like a "normal" person. You then hear about your friends little sister or brother who is 10 years younger then you who is having sex on a regular basis. It's at this point where it's beyond humiliating and it's become a sick joke. I feel like these people who are half my age have passed into adulthood and I'm still a 30 year old child. By not not having sex that's exactly what it feels like. You feel like a child, you never truly feel like an adult. Sex is like a rite of passage into adulthood and it's a journey I've never taken."

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskMen/comments/19k2k2/why_do_male_virgins_2122_years_old_feel/

So I need to hide it OP.
Aug 20, 2014 5:11 PM

Jul 2013
guyklc said:
Minagatachi said:

So you're proud about being a virgin just because it is something that you'd get bullied for? That doesn't make sense. That's like saying a fat person should be proud of being fat because they get bullied for it. I'm not saying it's bad to be fat, but it definitely isn't something to be proud of.

Since when do people have sex because they have "caved into social pressure"? People have sex because we, as humans, are designed to enjoy it. You've turned something as simple as sex into a war against society, may I ask why?

Being fat usually (though not always) implies poor choice of diet and lack of exercise. As a result, being fat increases your chances of getting heart attack and diabetes at an earlier age. In a sense, this could end up being a huge drain on society's medical costs. But if fat people are proud of the fact that they're able to keep their self-confidence up, then really, more power to them. I actually once knew a great guy who was kind of obese (I feel bad talking about him like this, because he was a really cool guy; but his weight was definitely the first thing that stood out to me when I first met him), but he had a great girlfriend, and everyone at the company loved him. In that sense, if he says he's proud of achieving all of that despite being overweight, then I would absolutely cheer him on.

I don't see what I'm doing is any different. As for your biological point, not having children is not normal biologically either, but if I'm correct, there was once a thread on here and most people on MAL seemed to not want to have children. Yet nobody back then said anything about this not being normal biologically.
I still don't understand why you'd be proud of being a virgin. EVERYONE has been a virgin at one point in their lives, why would you be proud of being something that EVERYONE has been?

I think you're making the mistake of assuming that a virgin is like a different being to a non-virgin. Sex is sex, if you've had it or not is unimportant. Is someone who has gone snowboarding any different from someone who hasn't? (horrible analogy, I know). As someone said before, virginity is a man-made definition.

Maybe the reason why I am disagreeing with you is because my outlook on sex is different. I just see it as an activity that you do, not a life-defining moment. Who knows, maybe I'm not as emotional about it as I should be.
MinagatachiAug 20, 2014 5:15 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2014 5:43 PM

Aug 2008
Minagatachi said:
snip

OK, I kind of am following where you are going with this. However, I disagree with your snowboarding analogy. Nobody bullies other people on a constant basis for never having been snowboarding. Nobody threatens to end friendships and tell other people not to be friends with you because you've never been snowboarding.

As a 24 year old virgin man, I have to constantly endure comments that border on sexual harassment due to my virginity. I've had a friend whose brother attempted to convince him to end his friendship with me because I'm a virgin. I've had a supervisor from a former company that I've worked with who said he'll only consider giving me a job if I go to a strip club with him. I've had people from every sector (ranging from friends to even family members) calling me mentally ill for being a virgin at this age.

And then, a few months back, the Elliot Rodgers case happened. Oh man, then I had to deal with the constant, "Are you going to kill someone soon? Just get a hooker" comments.

I think being able to deal with all of those immature comments without losing my mind and being pressured into doing something I don't want to do, is something to be proud of.

Aug 20, 2014 5:48 PM

Oct 2012
guyklc said:
I think being able to deal with all of those immature comments without losing my mind and being pressured into doing something I don't want to do, is something to be proud of.
Except you're not proud of your tenacity, you're proud of your virginity. lol
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 20, 2014 5:52 PM

Aug 2008
katsucats said:
guyklc said:
Except you're not proud of your tenacity, you're proud of your virginity. lol

I'm very tenacious about protecting my chastity :D

Aug 20, 2014 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
It's weird because when someone I know is your age and a virgin, male or female, I feel a little envious towards their ability to reject something being forced on them like that. I know some people aren't by choice, but if they're still put together well, I still respect them.

But now I've started thinking... what if the people who DO obsess over it aren't upset that they haven't had sex, but rather, upset because they haven't made love?

You can't just go out and do that.
Aug 20, 2014 5:54 PM

Aug 2014
Isn't it ridiculous to try convince other people having a lot of sex with diff partners is a great thing and a right we as humans should praise and whatever bullshit. How having the same convo but about virginity is ok?
I wouldn't try spending time convincing people what I believe about sex is reasonable. It's private business and feeling the need to do so shows you're not so convinced bout that, m?
Aug 20, 2014 6:05 PM

Aug 2008
Mashiro-Yuki said:
It's weird because when someone I know is your age and a virgin, male or female, I feel a little envious towards their ability to reject something being forced on them like that. I know some people aren't by choice, but if they're still put together well, I still respect them.

But now I've started thinking... what if the people who DO obsess over it aren't upset that they haven't had sex, but rather, upset because they haven't made love?

You can't just go out and do that.

If this comment was meant for me, I'll try to address it.

Well, in terms of romance, I guess you might be right to a certain degree. To me, though, love and lust are two separate concepts. I know that a lot of people disagree, but to me, that's how I see it.

As for love, I guess I kind of just got used to the fact that I'm not ready for it. Even if I never find someone suitable, I'd rather be alone forever than be in even one bad relationship.

Aug 20, 2014 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
I agree with you. Although I do believe you can lust over the person you love too. So long as the connection remains, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to actively want to make love to them.

And I dunno how I feel about that second part. I've only been in one relationship, and I don't desire any other, even though loneliness can be crushing sometimes. We can talk about that more via PM though, if you want. I don't feel like explaining further in public. Heh.
Aug 20, 2014 6:22 PM

Oct 2012
drosselbard said:
Isn't it ridiculous to try convince other people having a lot of sex with diff partners is a great thing and a right we as humans should praise and whatever bullshit. How having the same convo but about virginity is ok?
We are not trying to convince people to have a lot of sex, but the fact that you're posing this dichotomy like some others is clearly a common source of insecurity. I don't know where guyklc lives or really what he's been through, but where I come from (which has a lot of different cultures in the same place) nobody is going to press you on your virginity unless you bring it up. Which sounds like something people do--talk about their virginity unwarranted. Then these people claim that they don't care about their virginity, but they're fucking talking about it.

I firmly believe that, in most situations, if someone gets asked how many girls they've dated, and they respond, "None. I'm a virgin. Hey man, I'm cool." It will get dropped, everyone moves on. But if you go on and on, "I'm a virgin. You know society is all obsessed with sex and I'm a rebel, I go fuck that and take pride in myself--you know--a virgin that's quintessential to who I am. Take it or leave it baby." Blah blah blah. In other words, you can't get a woman and you're insecure.

Like you. "It's ridiculous to try to convince other people to have a lot of sex with different partners..." Who is even doing that? Your alter-ego?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 20, 2014 6:32 PM

Aug 2014
No. I don't have problems with my virgin friends and no problems with my sexually active friends. We don't really discuss that, because why discuss other people personal matters.
AND you didn't get my post, since i had the exact same point. Maybe I came through with the wrong idea because not reading carefully the previous posts, but this and the other thread about virginity left a strange impression.
Aug 20, 2014 6:59 PM

Apr 2012
drosselbard said:
but this and the other thread about virginity left a strange impression.

Welcome to Casual Discussion, the cancer of MAL.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 8 hours ago

15 by RyuRabbit »»
11 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

26 by JaniSIr »»
56 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

73 by 707supremacist »»
1 hour ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

65 by Animeistaken »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.