Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2014 12:00 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Now this chapter definitely confirms that

Jul 27, 2014 12:00 PM

Apr 2014
Definitely my suspicions were confirmed. But why does Gyokuen have Sheba's staff then? Maybe she possessed Sheba or something?
Jul 27, 2014 12:38 PM

Jan 2012
I still have my doubts about who is Gyouken. It's Sheba who has a gloomy aura on 215 and some old chapters.
Jul 28, 2014 5:31 PM

Sep 2010
Anepg said:
I still have my doubts about who is Gyouken. It's Sheba who has a gloomy aura on 215 and some old chapters.

I'm wanting it to be Arba so bad, but Gyokuen could be both Arba and Sheba merged.

I guess we will find out in a couple more chapters this arc seems to be wrapping up before too long. I miss the old cast so much. T^T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 28, 2014 6:17 PM
Jun 2014
Roloko said:

I'm wanting it to be Arba so bad, but Gyokuen could be both Arba and Sheba merged.

I guess we will find out in a couple more chapters this arc seems to be wrapping up before too long. I miss the old cast so much. T^T

I also thought of that. Gyokuen uses the staff of Sheba but it doesn't really seem that she is Sheba but looks more like Arba.

And I really wanna see Morgana~!!!
Jul 29, 2014 11:26 AM

Nov 2011
I'm also curious about Gyouken as well..

Damn, this chapter was quite something along with this arc. I'm curious to see what else will be revealed. Next chapter looks like some major shit will go down.
Jul 29, 2014 11:53 AM

Jul 2008
And we still don't know what Arba's deal is (of all the mages, she got the least exposition and most importance). But it is natural I guess: if she is Gyokuen, then we will get her full backstory later on.

Yuunan said:
Definitely my suspicions were confirmed. But why does Gyokuen have Sheba's staff then? Maybe she possessed Sheba or something?

Why do people in this fandom have such trouble understanding the concept of "using other person's staff"?

Anepg said:

I saw that as a red herring since before the Magnostadt arc ended. After the events of this chapter, I guess we can guess that Sheeba was just too suspicious of the rebellious magicians.

Also, Sheeba still didn't give birth?
Jul 29, 2014 1:10 PM

May 2013
Damn Arba looks like she's lost it now. Something huge is gonna go down.
Jul 29, 2014 1:32 PM

Apr 2014
Now it makes sense...

In chapter 215, it shows Sheba saying "Yes. No other than you could be able to do this. Such an extraordinary and wonderful dream..."

Sheba was shown to be very supportive towards Solomon's will in Chapter 233, going far as to protect the Solomon that she no longer knew from other people who wants to revolt against him.

That could explain why Ithan and the others were glaring at Sheba and Solomon in Chapter 215. They were against Solomon's will and Sheba too since she is supporting it.

So she couldn't be the one who rebel against Solomon and cause this massive chaos even though she made that creepy face in Chapter 215. Maybe the author wants to create some mystery by drawing Sheba's expression in a evil way...TROLL!

Then as for Arba...

In Chapter 215, it was shown that she looks kind of distressed when Ugo attempts to comfort her. But in reality, she could have been silent while waiting for the right chance to unleash the chaos presented in Chapter 233. That's why her face was not shown in Chapter 215. She could be laughing evilly like a maniac or something.

Then as for the staff...I dunno. Some body switching or murder that could cause the staff to go from one person to another.
Jul 29, 2014 1:40 PM

Jun 2013
Ha-ah, It has begun....Birth of the Al-Thamen....I knew that Ithan would not accept this...but Falan... and Wahid....oh shit...

Oh...shit....that is good way to decipher the situation....in the end..Solomon was not there, body might, but mind was not. What a Ending for Hundreds Years friendship and companionship. new Rebellion...and the World Ending
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 29, 2014 1:41 PM

Aug 2010
GODDAMMIT ARBA

I get somewhat why they went against Solomon but I felt it was really stupid and childish. Al-Thamen are just a bunch of sore losers <_<
Jul 29, 2014 1:50 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Now we have most of our answers. No wonder Al Thamen is so twisted.

Just one question. Wasn't Sheba pregnant?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 29, 2014 2:06 PM

Jan 2011
Maybe Arba and Sheeba switch minds some how?
i just re-read chap 215 and Sheeba looks insane like Arba did this chapter, the one person that looks like Arba is crying on Ugo's shoulder??
Jul 29, 2014 2:17 PM

Feb 2012
Arba was in the contact with Father long before they even knew about him lol.
Jul 29, 2014 3:46 PM

Mar 2012
Wut so they were just pretending to understand. Seeing that Arba is most definitely be Gyokuen and she got hold of Sheba's staff, I'm guessing she's gonna kill Sheba somehow.
Keep moving forward
Jul 29, 2014 4:12 PM

Sep 2012
Solcast59 said:
Maybe the author wants to create some mystery by drawing Sheba's expression in a evil way...TROLL!

Pretty much this. People just see someone evil looking and they just adamantly assume she's the bad guy. Guess this chapter was quite a shock for those people.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jul 29, 2014 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
I think the empty look in Sheba's eyes back in ch 215 was due to the fact the man standing before her was no longer the man that she loves. She will have to endure it and rule by his side, and she intends to, no matter how painful it will be.

After being misleaded and trolled since ch 193, looks like this chapter is supposed to be the big reveal on who our dear Gyokuen really is. The magicians suddenly fell silent, which could be nothing but the calm before the storm. Remember ch 215 and how Ithnan and co were glaring at Sheba? Wonder what her role will be and what that pic of her leading a bunch of magicians or whoever could mean (her leading the rebellion or perhaps the resistance?)

And lol, I wanted to give Ugo a hug; he looked so scared in there.
Jul 29, 2014 5:01 PM

Aug 2012
IronLobster said:
Solcast59 said:
Maybe the author wants to create some mystery by drawing Sheba's expression in a evil way...TROLL!

Pretty much this. People just see someone evil looking and they just adamantly assume she's the bad guy. Guess this chapter was quite a shock for those people.
Well I wouldn't rule out Sheba being "evil" in that flashback, since there's still the matter of who the medium will be. We already know she is despairing because of Solomon's current lack of heart/sight for her. This could end up driving her to curse her own fate. My question is, if she is the medium, is Aladdin born before or after/during?

A lot is going to be understood in the next few weeks, that's for sure.
Jul 29, 2014 5:24 PM

Mar 2014
I'm still surprised that we are in a flashback chapter.
Jul 29, 2014 7:47 PM

Sep 2013
I agree with Arba about the destiny part. Solomon basically sealed his creator because he thought he can do a better job.
Said it before in the previous chapter, Solomon deserve to be hated and Al-thaman hatred is justified... really deserves to be called "The arrogant king".
Jul 29, 2014 10:23 PM

Mar 2011
Wait, so now that Solomon's will replace Father's will, the magicians are unable to use their magic like before now? Why is it like that? Can someone explain the rukh distribution and its connection to magic usage to me?
Jul 29, 2014 11:42 PM
Jul 2018
anaaga said:
Wait, so now that Solomon's will replace Father's will, the magicians are unable to use their magic like before now? Why is it like that? Can someone explain the rukh distribution and its connection to magic usage to me?

Humans can no longer use their staves to draw magoi freely from Illah (that's now replaced by Solomon) like they used to. Just like magicians like Yamraiha in Alibaba's world, all they have now is the magoi inside their bodies. Solomon distributed all of Illah's rukhs equally among the species, but in doing so, like I explained above, the humans could be in a disadvantage if the species decided to revolt. It will be kind of like the situation at the begining of ch 215 before Illah gave them the ability to use magic.
Jul 31, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2014
Arba's face will forever haunt me...
Mar 4, 2015 4:01 PM

Jun 2008
anaaga said:

To explain it more simply than the guy above. All the Rukh belonged to Ilah. So when humans tried to cast magic Ilah shared his power with them and he could give them as much power as he wanted since he controlled all the rukh. But Solomon didn't do that. He pulled all the rukh away from Ilah and distriputed them to all living beings. He isn't keeping the rukh i his body like Ilah was doing and sharing the power. He doesn't control the power(and therefore he doesn't control destiny ether), he gave the power to the world.
But that means that when they try to cast magic now there isn't some source of magoi where they can borrow power like Ilah who was controlling the rukh was.
All the ruck are now around them and inside them. They aren't in the control of some godly being that decites with who to share them with and where to give power. That also means that the only power they can use is the one they have inside them that Solomon gave them instead of the unlimited magoi they could get from Ilah. Basically before they had small power and they controlled nothing but by borrowing God power they could do amazing things. There own magic power though was non existent, they were just getting magic send to them by Ilah.
Now each one of them has his own power but no more than that.
Nov 20, 2015 10:41 AM

Sep 2014
Goddammit Arba, this is why we can never have nice things T_T
People just can't accept equality ugh.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi Chapter 16 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

13 by Marloges »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Magi Chapter 15 Discussion

11 by Marloges »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Magi Chapter 14 Discussion

8 by Marloges »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Magi Chapter 13 Discussion

12 by Marloges »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Magi Chapter 12 Discussion

13 by Marloges »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.