Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 7, 2014 11:17 PM

Aug 2012
Armin just keeps on growing as a character. Jean testing Marlow was funny.
Jul 8, 2014 3:01 AM

Aug 2013
It was obvious that Jean wasn't going to die. Everything from him being Isayama's favorite character to the disproportionate amount of attention and development devoted to him so far pointed to him surviving the last chapter. It would have been empty shock value if he had died, and I don't understand why some people wanted that to happen. His character is supposed to be a contrast to Levi, Eren and Mikasa, who have already cast aside some of their humanity (in Eren's case literally) for the sake of their mission. Armin is basically going down that same path, and his development has been the most stellar as a result.

On another note, this chapter seriously has been teasing Annie's return. Armin's reference to the woman he killed being a "kind person" reminds me of his whole exchange with Annie. It would be pretty crazy if they somehow stumble on her when trying to rescue Eren and Historia, seeing as how the Survey Corps has been disbanded. I want to see someone fucking shit up, and Annie's always been good at that.
Jul 8, 2014 5:05 AM
May 2014
I guess I was the only one that HATED this chapter. It's my reaction to oberyn martell all over again.
MageneroJul 8, 2014 5:33 AM
Jul 8, 2014 7:11 AM

Jan 2011
knew Jean will not die, he suppose to be the final kyojin boss^^

so fast the team able to locate Eren and Christa...
Jul 8, 2014 7:15 AM

Oct 2011
Armin is a monster, he was epic this chap.
Jul 8, 2014 7:38 AM
Sep 2013
Magenero said:
I guess I was the only one that HATED this chapter. It's my reaction to oberyn martell all over again.

Good.
Jul 8, 2014 8:04 AM
Oct 2013
I was looking up SNK theories and I stumbled upon this one. I think it's pretty good, what do you think?
"the ape titan is a god titan whose existence serves to protect mankind, even if it means having to sacrifice a few humans (the ones who he turns into titans). he created titans to teach mankind 'a lesson'. although he thought he had the titans under his complete control, he didn't - the titans wanted their humanity back (to achieve this they had consume a titan shifter). this is how the titan shifters became involved - their involvement was most likely not part of ape titan's lesson for mankind.

so what is the ape titan's plan? my guess is his goal is for humans to realize how selfish they are so that they can overcome this flaw and come together as one to defeat the titans.

i think you might be right about the warrior's mission: perhaps their initial objective was to simply eliminate all humans by punching holes through the walls and letting the titans have at it. however, their objective changed overtime to also retrieving a coordinate, the key to their people's survival - eren or historia or both.

i don't think eren was born a titan shifter. grisha made eren an artificial titan shifter. when eren emerged from his titan form in trost, the warriors realized how special he was (he wasn't anyone from their village, so he couldn't have been a natural titan shifter - he truly was one of a kind). this was probably when the warriors realized that they could use eren to restore the titan shifter population."
Jul 8, 2014 8:08 AM

Mar 2014
Pipoko said:
jreginald said:

I guess to put it in a considerably more concise manner, I don't want the bad stuff the good guys did eventually be swept under the rug because it's for a "good cause". Levi still abused Historia, they tortured a guy and killed people. That's why I loved Armin's line of "we're not good people anymore" a few chapters back. They're doing bad things, but it's not justified even if they have a reason and I don't want that to change when they "win".

Okay, so you're just hoping that they won't do that. It actually hasn't happened yet -- good. It probably never will. Like you said, even Armin acknowledges that they're no longer good people. I'm pretty sure Erwin/Levi/Hange all thought the same thing a long time ago. But in the end, they're still fighting for the good of the people. They're not trying to justify anything, like I said, Erwin even admitted to choosing 2 of lesser evils. He acknowledged that even though his choice was the better choice, it was still a bad choice because of all the innocent lives that were taken.

But as for the examples you just mentioned, I think those are totally justified. The guy they tortured not only killed but brutally tortured their friend -- Pastor Nick. He was getting a taste of his own medicine and Hange was doing it mostly out of emotion. Actually, the guy they tortured actually holds the ideal you're so afraid of. He's saying that it's because of the people they've killed that humanity is still able to live in peace. That's nothing like what the SL are doing, they're killing these people they're the bad guys.

Levi "harassing" Historia shouldn't even be mentioned lol. Seriously? It only made people dislike Levi a bit because he was "hurting" their poor Historia, who was starting to get rather annoying after since she had been separated from Ymir. I'm pretty sure that was Levi's way of waking her up, she's been sulking in the middle of a war. It was Levi showing how much they desperately needed her. Of course, it was unfair for her to be forced in such a position but I think it was definitely necessary.
Jul 8, 2014 8:27 AM
May 2014
Narukami07 said:
Magenero said:

Good.
Fine whatever.
Jul 8, 2014 10:48 AM

Oct 2013
peskylemur25 said:
ryoko74 said:
When I looked at the raws for the first time (I can't read Chinese) I thought "Oh, no, not another chapter with no action and a lot of talks"
Then I read the english translation and changed my mind.
I think that Isayama is planning to give a mayor role both to those young MP and to Nile.

Other reader have already posted a lot about Hitch and Marlow, I would like to underline how Nile is developing too.

He's a MP's officier and he seems to have some grudges against Erwin; by now he was one of the villain.
However Erwin seems somehow to trust him, he tried to get his alliance. At that time Nile refused but now he seems really shocked by the new 3DMG-"Anti Human".
He seems to understand that he could be smashed in few seconds by the same estabilishment he was fighting for.
I bet that he'll soon become a SL's allied.
Perhaps not for high ideals, such as Marlow, but to save his own interest, such as Reeds.

Just a little question.
I have always thought that all the trainers of the 104th lived and were trained together.
However Marlow and Hitch, which belong to the 104th met Annie only after she joined the MP's. Hitch, referring to Armin and co. says something like "Annie came from the southern group as you".

So the 104th was splitted in four or more groups? Mikasa was the best of her year or just the best of the southern group?

Each year is a different training corp number. Everyone in this year training is 104. But there are 4 training location located in the 4 wall cites in wall rose. (There used to be 4 more in wall Maria) so hitch and Marlo's were most likely the 104 group in the eastern city. And they were the top 10'of that group. Thus each year a possibility of 40 top 10 solider (80 back before wall Maria fell) can join move into wall sina and work for the mp. Wall sina didn't have any training group because it the wall/city for rich people. (The top prize for any solider is to move and lived in wall sina.) mikasa was top 10'in southern region of the 104. Pixis is the commander of the garrison in the southern region of wall rose Most likely are at least 3 other people for wall rose garrison command.

Thank you very much!
Where did you read all this data?
I have bought the volumes in italian up to the 11th (the last avaible) and I have read the chapter in english up to the 59th but I couldn't find those information.
Jul 8, 2014 10:59 AM

Apr 2013
so death flags for hitch and marlow :(

also poor armin

seems like we are getting closer to some story revelations. especially because annie was mentioned again

so next up freeing eren and historia, some stuff gets revealed and next big arc is probably rba's village

wonder if we will see the ape titan before or after rba's village

oh yeah eren's basement ^^....... some day
Jul 8, 2014 11:09 AM

Jul 2013
Oh S*** Armin pulled the trigger and saved Jean. I think that is too much of him, but hey at least he saved him from being in danger. So Hitch and Marlowe are joining Levi's side and helping them... Well that's something interesting.

TBH I'm getting kind of bored when it comes to these politics revolutionary themes instead of Titans. It is most likely losing its meaning of the title; "Attack on Titan," into, "Attack on Humans." Guess I don't get to see battling Titans for awhile.

Ah well the infiltration just got started.

Jul 8, 2014 1:41 PM

Sep 2013
omega_d94 said:
Oh S*** Armin pulled the trigger and saved Jean. I think that is too much of him, but hey at least he saved him from being in danger. So Hitch and Marlowe are joining Levi's side and helping them... Well that's something interesting.

TBH I'm getting kind of bored when it comes to these politics revolutionary themes instead of Titans. It is most likely losing its meaning of the title; "Attack on Titan," into, "Attack on Humans." Guess I don't get to see battling Titans for awhile.

Ah well the infiltration just got started.

The previous chapters weren't bad but.... yeah the manga is more interesting when titans are around specially if they were shifters.
on a totally different note... grats to the Germans you totally destroyed Brazil lol.
Jul 8, 2014 2:15 PM

Mar 2014
Pipoko said:
jreginald said:
]quote

Historia is kind of mentally broken and you call that "annoying", that's cruel, you know! Levi forcing her to take another role is extremely awful to happen to her because she's been living as fake for so long already. It might be necessary for their goals, but it's an absolutely awful thing. That's why I don't want this whole thing to turn out to be justified, it's been definitely acknowledged as bad, but most importantly, I don't want that acknowledgement to be taken back because their plan was successful or something. As for the tortured guy, that's also another proof that SL's actions aren't good either, they're not much better than their opposition. They torture and kill for their goals as well, it's even to the point that Kenny had 100 kills and now the SL is also responsible for 100 kills.

I guess we'll know the thematic answer to this whole thing eventually by the end of this.

Gonna ignore the bit about Historia.

The difference is the people that they are killing -- the MP killed people that were close to knowing the truth, people capable of exposing the corruption within the government (ie. Erwin's father, Historia's mother). These guys are EVIL, they want to control the masses and whoever wants to speak up gets put down. The Scouting Legion, however, are the people trying to take down these bad guys. Your posts always make it seem like they're nearly identical. Yes, they've stooped down to their level (torturing Sanes) but again, the people they're doing this to are evil. Now, if Levi was torturing someone like say, Hitch, who doesn't know any better, that'd be fucked up. But Levi didn't do that. Huge difference -- the actual bad guys kill to maintain their so-called "peace" while the SL are trying to stop these bad guys. And for the record, they didn't even kill the people they tortured. As for the innocent lives that have been taken in the process, I already explained that. And that collateral damage isn't entirely on the SL either.
jreginaldJul 8, 2014 2:19 PM
Jul 8, 2014 3:31 PM
Sep 2012
jreginald said:

That still doesn't mean that the stuff they've done is good no matter what good intentions they have. I want the arc to have that aspect and keep it, it's one of the things that makes the series interesting (and also gives it that gray aspect in the first place). That's all.
PipokoJul 8, 2014 4:28 PM
Jul 8, 2014 4:32 PM

Nov 2011
It was pretty obvious Armin took action based on the events in the last chapter. Still, I give the kid credit for that. Well done.

Jean was awesome in this chapter though for this "testing".

On another note, so Hitch finally found out about Annie. Whether she believes it or not is up to her. The truth hurts I bet. At any rate, they need all the help they can get on to save Eren so I guess two more allies would be a step forward. Not bad for this chapter though. Haven't seen a Titan in awhile....
Jul 8, 2014 4:33 PM

Dec 2013
I absolutely love how every character introduced becomes relevant later
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jul 8, 2014 7:03 PM

Dec 2013
It's funny, all of the Shiganshina trio killed a human before they killed a titan. I can't help but pity Armin, and seeing him get sick like that made me want to hug him.

I feel like Marlowe And Hitch will join the Survey Corps and fight for them, but ultimately end up dying in the end. They strike me as expendable characters and the kind that Isayama would kill off. I'd like to say they would die honorable deaths protecting someone else, or by making some short speech about "the good of humanity" before they die, but, let's me honest, if they die (which, knowing Isayama, they probably will) it'll probably be quick and gruesome, just like every other character's death. 'Tis a shame, but one of the reasons why I like this series so much. It's realistic in that way.
"There are better places to take a nap than on the ground, you know."
Jul 8, 2014 7:07 PM
May 2014
Stark700 said:
It was pretty obvious Armin took action based on the events in the last chapter. Still, I give the kid credit for that. Well done.

On another note, so Hitch finally found out about Annie. Whether she believes it or not is up to her. The truth hurts I bet. At any rate, they need all the help they can get on to save Eren so I guess two more allies would be a step forward. Not bad for this chapter though. Haven't seen a Titan in awhile....

He wasn't awesome he was completely STUPID. And thats 3 times he escapes death and last two was twice in a row. God I hated this chapter. The police girl who hesitated really? You have a soldier on your death brigade that can't kill those considered insurgents to the government how stupid is that? Isayama's horrible the end justifies the means, along with his possible real life beliefs of Korea are completely poured all over this chapter with both Jean and the Unicops guy approving of the scouting legions actions. I really don't like this new Armin. Seriously compare Jean's reaction to shooting a person, to Armin's reaction after he shot the girl. Jean is horrified, Armin looks coldblooded and his face shows nothing but anger. And the least worst part of this is that before, he is all - we should sacrifice anyone and everything if it helps the mission, cause this is the right way to win - (fucking bloody logic) and now he cries and feels like shit after he does kill someone. Still completely hate Mikasa and Levi, good thing there are now considered of the same family, cause now I can simply say I hate the Ackerman's. Hitch is now my new favorite character, (get lost Jean you were my FAVORITE before this issue of the manga). With just one chapter I started to love Hitch and started to get really angry with Jean. And what the hell was that kappa hair commentary? Has Isayama forgotten this series is set in Europe and nobody should know anything about japanese mythology? Dammit I want to the see Reiner, Berthold and Ymir's side of the story.
MageneroJul 8, 2014 7:11 PM
Jul 8, 2014 7:18 PM

Oct 2013
Magenero said:
Stark700 said:

He wasn't awesome he was completely STUPID. And thats 3 times he escapes death and last two was twice in a row. God I hated this chapter. The police girl who hesitated really? You have a soldier on your death brigade that can't kill those considered insurgents to the government how stupid is that? Isayama's horrible the end justifies the means, along with his possible real life beliefs of Korea are completely poured all over this chapter with both Jean and the Unicops guy approving of the scouting legions actions. I really don't like this new Armin. Seriously compare Jean's reaction to shooting a person, to Armin's reaction after he shot the girl. Jean is horrified, Armin looks coldblooded and his face shows nothing but anger. And the least worst part of this is that before, he is all - we should sacrifice anyone and everything if it helps the mission, cause this is the right way to win - (fucking bloody logic) and now he cries and feels like shit after he does kill someone. Still completely hate Mikasa and Levi, good thing there are now considered of the same family, cause now I can simply say I hate the Ackerman's. Hitch is now my new favorite character, (get lost Jean you were my FAVORITE before this issue of the manga). With just one chapter I started to love Hitch and started to get really angry with Jean. And what the hell was that kappa hair commentary? Has Isayama forgotten this series is set in Europe and nobody should know anything about japanese mythology? Dammit I want to the see Reiner, Berthold and Ymir's side of the story.

Have we been reading the same chapter? O.O Armin looks cools blooded after killing the girl? DIdn't he vomit? Also no matter how trained someone is they're still humans. That made me kinda care for the no name girl actually.
Jul 8, 2014 7:31 PM
May 2014
keragamming said:
Magenero said:

Have we been reading the same chapter? O.O Armin looks cools blooded after killing the girl? DIdn't he vomit? Also no matter how trained someone is they're still humans. That made me kinda care for the no name girl actually.
I am not talking about the vomit look at the same page he shot the girl. Looks at his face when he does it and look at his face yelling - We are almost at the exit (or something). Now contrast that with him vomiting looking like shit. It looks weird, like it isn't the same character.
Jul 8, 2014 7:53 PM

Sep 2013
Magenero said:
The police girl who hesitated really? You have a soldier on your death brigade that can't kill those considered insurgents to the government how stupid is that?

Maybe because Jean was calling her to drop her weapon at first before she retaliate, I don't find it really that unbelievable to hesitate to kill someone (for a few sec) who had the chance to blow your head but didn't instead kept calling you to surrender.

I don't find Anything wrong with Armin reaction after experiencing his first kill. Call it a delayed shock or something (like when the doctor say the patient died, some family members take almost one hr before it really hit them and they start crying)

I agree with the kappa head...... Bringing that up was dumb.
IshtaRinJul 8, 2014 8:00 PM
Jul 8, 2014 7:59 PM

Jun 2014
Pipoko said:
jreginald said:

That still doesn't mean that the stuff they've done is good no matter what good intentions they have. I want the arc to have that aspect and keep it, it's one of the things that makes the series interesting (and also gives it that gray aspect in the first place). That's all.

I like how the series has the black and gray morality behind it, but I haven't really thought they had a issue keeping it. It's always there in the backround, and feels justified most the time, but im betting that sooner or later, it's going to become a major theme, or a major plot point, and be revealed that it wasn't entirely justified. The reason a lot of hero characters from other stories don't kill anyone is because they believe that would lower them to their level.

And last chapter showed the sl (especially Levi) cutting people in half, killing dozens of humans who may or may not know who their enemy is, and even though it was a kill or be killed situation, and earlier chapters showed eren and mikasa killing three men for survival. I don't think it's going to be brushed off.Heck, this chapter showed armin throwing up because he was shocked by what he had to do.I think it's just there for now because it's going to be a major part of the series later on.
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Jul 8, 2014 8:33 PM

Jan 2014
*[quote=Magenero][quote=keragamming]
Magenero said:
Stark700 said:

I am not talking about the vomit look at the same page he shot the girl. Looks at his face when he does it and look at his face yelling - We are almost at the exit (or something). Now contrast that with him vomiting looking like shit. It looks weird, like it isn't the same character.

Truly, a character expressing different emotions based on the situation he's in. I logged in just so I could comment on this, it burrnnnssss. *clenches head*
pwnagekittenJul 8, 2014 9:03 PM
Jul 8, 2014 9:44 PM

Mar 2014
Pipoko said:
jreginald said:

Oh yeah, I understand that. Even Sanes was calling them "demons, Titans are cuter than them, etc.". And we've got Armin realizing that they're no longer good guys. I don't see why that would all disappear once they've achieved their goal -- especially when their victory is probably going to be sorrowful. I think you're worrying too much.
Jul 9, 2014 4:46 AM
May 2014
[quote=pwnagekitten]*[quote=Magenero]
keragamming said:
Magenero said:

Truly, a character expressing different emotions based on the situation he's in. I logged in just so I could comment on this, it burrnnnssss. *clenches head*

How do you clench your head?
Jul 9, 2014 4:53 AM
May 2014
annie_leonheart said:
Magenero said:
The police girl who hesitated really? You have a soldier on your death brigade that can't kill those considered insurgents to the government how stupid is that?

Maybe because Jean was calling her to drop her weapon at first before she retaliate, I don't find it really that unbelievable to hesitate to kill someone (for a few sec) who had the chance to blow your head but didn't instead kept calling you to surrender.

I don't find Anything wrong with Armin reaction after experiencing his first kill. Call it a delayed shock or something (like when the doctor say the patient died, some family members take almost one hr before it really hit them and they start crying)

I agree with the kappa head...... Bringing that up was dumb.

Jean said nothing.
Jul 9, 2014 4:57 AM

Sep 2013
Jul 9, 2014 5:43 AM
May 2014
annie_leonheart said:

Oh you were right...
Jul 9, 2014 5:51 AM
May 2014
[quote=Magenero]
annie_leonheart said:

Oh you were right... But isn't it a bit too weird and easy. I mean she is supposed to be on this extermination brigade. why should she hesitate? I mean she has a gun pointed at her and they are considered dangerous, she could die at any moment or be tortured. So why is she hesitating? I really hope the next chapter is better than this, with no talks about changing their point of views. I hope Erwin at least is getting his head chopped off as this is happening.
Jul 9, 2014 12:17 PM

Dec 2013
[quote=Magenero]
Magenero said:
annie_leonheart said:

Oh you were right... But isn't it a bit too weird and easy. I mean she is supposed to be on this extermination brigade. why should she hesitate? I mean she has a gun pointed at her and they are considered dangerous, she could die at any moment or be tortured. So why is she hesitating? I really hope the next chapter is better than this, with no talks about changing their point of views. I hope Erwin at least is getting his head chopped off as this is happening.

In my opinion, she hesitated because Jean hesitated in killing her. Maybe because of that she's not seeing them as the enemies she was told they were? I don't know, and honestly it doesn't matter because she's dead now.

And why would you hope that Erwin is dead? He's the (ex) leader of the SL. If he dies, it'll hinder their goals and lower morale and all that. Regardless of the deathflags that were raised for him, I hope he lives. Do you even care about the story at all?
"There are better places to take a nap than on the ground, you know."
Jul 9, 2014 3:13 PM

Jun 2013
This chapter kicked ass. Armin barfs, Jean is pummelled to a pulp, Levi has a no-shirt scene!

And Hitch. Hi there, Hitch.
Jul 9, 2014 3:29 PM
May 2014
[quote=DulcetRequiem]
Magenero said:
Magenero said:

In my opinion, she hesitated because Jean hesitated in killing her. Maybe because of that she's not seeing them as the enemies she was told they were? I don't know, and honestly it doesn't matter because she's dead now.

And why would you hope that Erwin is dead? He's the (ex) leader of the SL. If he dies, it'll hinder their goals and lower morale and all that. Regardless of the deathflags that were raised for him, I hope he lives. Do you even care about the story at all?

Because I hate him and his way of doing things, which are now influencing all the other characters and is stopping the possible debate of right and wrong.
Jul 9, 2014 3:48 PM

Apr 2008
[quote=Magenero]
DulcetRequiem said:
Magenero said:

Because I hate him and his way of doing things, which are now influencing all the other characters and is stopping the possible debate of right and wrong.

Without his way of doing things, Eren would be now in the hands of Reiner and Bert and humanity would be even more fucked.
Jul 10, 2014 7:09 AM

Jan 2014
Armin is not pure anymore.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jul 10, 2014 9:08 AM

Apr 2008
Sapewloth said:
Armin is not pure anymore.

Good. Purity is overrated and gets good people killed
Jul 10, 2014 2:14 PM

Oct 2013
The end justifies the means.

I dont'like this idea but this is the way we all survive.

Every single second our immune systems kill thousand of germ to prevent them to killing us. We kill "useless" plants to plant wheat and other edible ones. Many people eat meat and use leather to make wallets and belts.

Yes, killing is a very, very bad thing but sometimes you have to kill in order to survive.
Yes, I woukd like to live in Utopia, in a place where lambs and lions can live together,but unluckly Utopia doesn't exist.

Aot's world is a fictional one but it has the same rules of our world. Those who have power (the king? the Reiss's family?) are willing to use any means to keep it. They can manipulate people's will and memory, they kill whoever tries to rebel (the Rodd's people, the Scouting Legion) or simply whoever tries to discover the truth (Erwin's father, that man who was building a revolver gun, the couple on the hot air balloon...)
What should the Scouting Legion do? Wave a white flag and cry "peace and love"?
Put their heads under the sand?
They chose to fight to save themselves and the whole humanity from death. They had to kill those who were trying to kill them. Armin did the right thing killing that girl. She belonged to an assassin's group and was shooting at Jean. Levi and Hanji tortured that MP to get as soon as possible informations to save their lives however they spared the life of both the prisoners and they probably didn't even cause them lasting damages.They never used terrorism or aimed at common people in order to blackmail the Government.
They fought (by now) using violence only if they had to.
Jul 10, 2014 6:27 PM

Sep 2013
Magenero said:
DulcetRequiem said:

Since when there was a revolution without blood? are you really asking the survey corps to win the rebellion without killing anyone? to get information out of an enemy soldier without resorting to violence? to go through all that without thinking they are on the right side... really?

the 104th squad members are growing, Jean thinks the Survey crops are right but he discovered after experiencing that situation that he can't reach his objective and keep his hands clean (he can't do it if he's dead right?) and that goes for the rest remaining members. so rather than saying they got influenced i'd say experience is teaching them to be decisive about their priorities.

In the end Erwin/Levi way of doing things is what kept them alive all this time, they are progressing against the impossible odds they face. they get the job done... a job no one wants.
Jul 10, 2014 6:54 PM
May 2014
ryoko74 said:
peskylemur25 said:

Each year is a different training corp number. Everyone in this year training is 104. But there are 4 training location located in the 4 wall cites in wall rose. (There used to be 4 more in wall Maria) so hitch and Marlo's were most likely the 104 group in the eastern city. And they were the top 10'of that group. Thus each year a possibility of 40 top 10 solider (80 back before wall Maria fell) can join move into wall sina and work for the mp. Wall sina didn't have any training group because it the wall/city for rich people. (The top prize for any solider is to move and lived in wall sina.) mikasa was top 10'in southern region of the 104. Pixis is the commander of the garrison in the southern region of wall rose Most likely are at least 3 other people for wall rose garrison command.

Thank you very much!
Where did you read all this data?
I have bought the volumes in italian up to the 11th (the last avaible) and I have read the chapter in english up to the 59th but I couldn't find those information.
http://plain-dude.tumblr.com/post/89448667392/bessatsu-magazine-q-a-with-isayama
Jul 10, 2014 7:08 PM

Sep 2013

Q: Who won the Annie vs Mikasa fight in Vol. 11?
A: It was an enjoyable fight like the one between ノゲイラ and ボブ・サップ! The instructor came and interrupted the fight, so there were no winner.
Thank you so much for posting that link, that question was eating me for almost two years.
Jul 10, 2014 7:14 PM

Oct 2013
annie_leonheart said:

Q: Who won the Annie vs Mikasa fight in Vol. 11?
A: It was an enjoyable fight like the one between ノゲイラ and ボブ・サップ! The instructor came and interrupted the fight, so there were no winner.
Thank you so much for posting that link, that question was eating me for almost two years.

We all know Annie would've won that fight though. ;)
Jul 11, 2014 8:47 AM

Mar 2014
Cool chapter. Jean did something very dangerous and he risked a lot when Hitch came back, but in the end everything went well. It's very likely that they would help now because of (between the two) the relationship with Annie and the sense of Justice. So making them come back in this situation was a good idea. Although at first I expected Hitch being more insensitive than she looked in this chapter.

At the same time Jean in some ways was also trying to convince himself after what happened with Armin. Overall a character development that I like.

Armin first kill, he's getting even more close to Erwin's style.

I liked Mikasa consoling Armin
Jul 11, 2014 5:47 PM
May 2014
[quote=Darklight0303]
Magenero said:
DulcetRequiem said:

Without his way of doing things, Eren would be now in the hands of Reiner and Bert and humanity would be even more fucked.
we don't know that yet
Jul 11, 2014 5:48 PM
May 2014
annie_leonheart said:
Magenero said:

Since when there was a revolution without blood? are you really asking the survey corps to win the rebellion without killing anyone? to get information out of an enemy soldier without resorting to violence? to go through all that without thinking they are on the right side... really?

the 104th squad members are growing, Jean thinks the Survey crops are right but he discovered after experiencing that situation that he can't reach his objective and keep his hands clean (he can't do it if he's dead right?) and that goes for the rest remaining members. so rather than saying they got influenced i'd say experience is teaching them to be decisive about their priorities.

In the end Erwin/Levi way of doing things is what kept them alive all this time, they are progressing against the impossible odds they face. they get the job done... a job no one wants.
I am talking about Erwin continuosly throwing his own army to the chopping block as a distraction and they shit he did at wall sina. I am not talking about him killing his enemies.
Jul 11, 2014 8:27 PM

Jul 2008
Oh and I thought Mikasa had dirtied her hands by killing someone, I certainly didn't expect Armin to be the one to pull the trigger.
Jul 12, 2014 1:05 AM

Jun 2014
ShanaFlame said:
Oh and I thought Mikasa had dirtied her hands by killing someone, I certainly didn't expect Armin to be the one to pull the trigger.

Because mikasa has never dirtied her hands by killing someone. It's not like her entire backstory, personality, devotion to eren and everything else revolves around some event that involved her getting her hands dirty by killing someone. Oh wait...

But seriously, I knew armin pulled a gun because I saw his hand in that panel, but it was surprised by the fact that she hesitated to shoot jean too. It makes the situation more complex because no one in the mp is really "bad" they just fell on different sides than the survey corps. Yeah some are crooked, but they're still human.
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Jul 12, 2014 6:14 AM

May 2013
Wow.
Jul 12, 2014 4:58 PM

Aug 2013
Sometimes I wish SNK was shounen just so I could get weekly, heck biweekly would be even better. I knew Jean wouldn't die, but poor Armin. At least this shows how strong of a character he is. I wish more people would have the mentality of Eren, who cares if their human. If their actions are immoral, their no better than titans.

Hopefully we get to know more about the mysterious woman, Erens dad and titan origins. Though it wouldn't surprise me if that took a year.
Magenero said:
annie_leonheart said:

I am talking about Erwin continuosly throwing his own army to the chopping block as a distraction and they shit he did at wall
sina. I am not talking about him killing his enemies.

"If we only focus on making the best moves, We will never get the better of our opponents. When necessary, we must willing to take the big risks, and be prepared to lose everything." That's just the type of character he is,he knows to succeed you need to make sacrifices. He told all his trainee's that a significant amount of them would die. It's inventable, but if they fight till they end it never went to waste. He's sacrificed his arm and happiness for humanity. The expedition was not prepared for one of their own men to be an extremely intelligent and dangerous titan to turn against them and kill them.
skittle316Jul 12, 2014 5:14 PM
Jul 12, 2014 7:21 PM

Aug 2013
I like that Marlow gets a second chance at redemption after not being able to put his money where his mouth is back in stohess.
Jul 13, 2014 12:13 AM

Sep 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
I like that Marlow gets a second chance at redemption after not being able to put his money where his mouth is back in stohess.

Talking about the anime? wonder if that actually happened in the manga.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Should the new "volume 35" art book with an extra chapter about Levi's backstory be considered part of this series or should it get its own entry on here?

ryan77999 - May 1

8 by deg »»
May 4, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 3, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.