Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Jul 9, 2014 1:46 PM

Jan 2011
ZackDeMars said:

I AM SO AGAINST THOSE TWO ARCS IN ON SERIE OF 26 EPS !!

There's no room for the black moon clan in Sailor Moon Crystal, 26 eps is nice to rearrange the season classic of original Sailor Moon but including the Romance season in Crystal would let a funky aftertaste in my mouth !! seriously !!

But it's highly possible, that we get 13 Episodes of Dark Kingdom, the 14th Episode would be a transition to Black Moon Arc, till Episode 26, were at the end we get a cliffhanger + To be continued... That's how I think it could happen. Anyway it can be only Dark Kingdom in 26 Episodes of Crystal, but then be ready to get some filler episodes and a few of the Act's being spanned over 2 episodes, what I doubt will happen, because we got the information, that the remake will be following the Manga plot as close as possible.

Syb3rStrife said:
It was an alright episode. Felt a little more rushed than the original. The animation is going to take a bit to get used to but I feel like the transformation was done very poorly. It reminded me of the old CGI used for the Warp and Ultimate digivolutions from Digimon.

Heh what nice coincidence, that the same Studio did the job :p Still I think it was ok. Not too ugly, but sadly not mind blowing either.

Jul 9, 2014 2:13 PM

Sep 2012
Was of course, awesome. Like how the art style is like that of the manga this time around (though I will admit I always preferred the style of the original anime), music and unnecessary CG in the transformation sequence will take some getting used to, but either way I'm just excited that Sailor Moon is finally back!
Jul 9, 2014 2:54 PM

Apr 2010
I know most people don't the CGI transformation, but I guess I'm the rare people that actually liked it better than the original. I've seen the original anime and read the manga, and this is the show that got me hooked on anime 17 years ago. A modern take on a classic. I'm gonna enjoy going down memory lane and looks like they're stay faithful to the manga.
Jul 9, 2014 3:34 PM

Jul 2008
Now that I've had some time to think I want to expand on my thoughts so far.

I really, really like the opening animation and the ending reminds me a bit of the old anime and the Heart Moving ending.

Morridine said:
The characters look great, the hairs are all much lighter in color. I guess that's also due to manga, its Takeuchi's pastel hair colors I recognize. They kept some of the human figure style from the old anime, which is not entirely as in the manga. The manga had every limb on kinda too rounded bent. And for example when Naru was cornered by the monster, I recognized a lot of the old style, and less of the manga. I liked that.

Agreed sort of. I dislike the pastel like color of Usagi's mom's hair.

In regards to Usagi's voice, it seems a bit more mature yes but maybe that was a choice of Kotonos and not age? This series is already going to be darker and more mature than the other one, Usagi's personality won't necessarily stay the same as it was in the older anime. I actually like the sound of it this way.

Morridine said:

The music. Well I hate Momoiro Clover thing. I have to say I googled them before when I heard they were to do the opening of SM. And what I found was terrible. The girls have no talent, hearing them live was the most pathetic attempt of sounding at least human. Whatever we hear now is just fake digital effects and stuff. Not to mention their voices tones don't even match one another. It's a terrible experience. And the song is not at all as memorable as the previous one. It lacks the drama and that is not fitting. Because especially the first season of Sailor Moon is a rather sad one, full of painful memories, nostalgia and love... Even the lyrics of Moonlight Densetsu were powerful in meaning and connected to the manga! This current version is not. And I'm guessing it's not sending the right message.

Well I sort of agree with this. Momoclo are idols. Usually you don't get great singing out of idols these days bad to average at best (I can think of a few who have a bit more potential but they've already left their groups). In Momoclos case they are more known for their high energy and if you run around a lot that also adds to them being out of breath etc. Plus I'm not sure any of the members have had any type of singing lessons.

I will say that they do sound a bit better separately and usually in slower songs and some performances can be enjoyable but I'm far from an expect on them. However
I do think in a way they are a good choice. Their popularity keeps growing. People who are fans of Momoclo may become fans of Sailor Moon or vice versa. It's good for both. Sure the song doesn't have the same impact of Moonlight Densetsu but I think that's almost impossible to match.

but even though I like Momoclo I'd like something different. It's hard to say who I'd want though because the original theme was so great, anything pales in comparison to DALI or Moon Lips singing it...so I think Moonlight Densetsu again wouldn't work. Even the original series got tired of it eventually...

MoonxArtemis said:
yup! sure is! since its geared towards its original fans, who are 23+! say MOI! :D

the art is totally winning me over, although I was already loving it because you know, its sailor moon! lol.

Well I'm right there with you on that but funny enough though even though I grew up with Sailor Moon I didn't become super attached to it until after I saw the whole series in Japanese when I was a little older.
Jul 9, 2014 4:50 PM

Feb 2009
I liked the remake. Really good!
Made me wanna watch Sailor Moon all over again.
It's just that transformation was weird, the old one was so much better. Also the musics, in the old version the songs were great!!
I'll keep watching it ^^
Can't wait for Sailor Venus *-*
Jul 10, 2014 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
Never watched SM growing up (didn't even hear about it until a year ago).

First impressions:

Extremely cheesy and I hate the gci tranformation scene. I saw the old one on youtube it looked much better.

Otherwise, reasonably enjoyable episode.

The whole concept seems pretty childish to begin with and the villain didn't look at all intimidating. Pretty lacklustre if I'm honest. Especially the way she was defeated with some random tiara frisbee power?! And I didn't care for the romance either.

But I've been told it gets a lot more mature so I'll keep watching. But if I had no prior knowledge of how well-loved SM is to a lot of people, I definitely would drop it. Not gonna lie.
Jul 10, 2014 5:28 PM
Jul 2014
I think I'm in with most people when I say I HATED the transformation. It's not just that it was CGI/3D, but she just looked award. She moved...odd. I'm hoping they fix that, if there is more than one season, down the road.

But overall I was ecstatic with it. It was so true to the manga in even small detail, I really got the sense it was going to be what they claimed it would- which has me beyond eager for more. It seems people love or hate the art, but besides the transformation and one ward part when she fell asleep (the camera zoomed in and it got blurry, but it moved so slow it just felt odd to me) I love the art. I thought it was beautiful, like seeing the manga come to life.

I'm excited for the darker half of the arch that we never really got with the original anime. I will always love the anime- I plan to buy it when it gets the NA re-release. But I always wanted the bite that was in the manga. So for me, its exciting and fulfilling to see that translating on screen.

I hope the show continues with the tone its setting and does well enough to where the entire story can be put into animation.
Jul 11, 2014 1:26 AM
Nov 2013
First episode was good, maybe too good if you look graphics of the animation was able to draw the viewer's attention.
But, the current Usagi is somehow - lifeless?
Jul 11, 2014 6:07 AM

May 2012
It is better than the original in almost every possible way. Better graphics, better voice, better looking character. The characters in the original look more younger and childish, and their voice was annoying. Only the OP song was better on the original
Jul 11, 2014 11:54 AM

Dec 2009
thepath said:
It is better than the original in almost every possible way. Better graphics, better voice, better looking character. The characters in the original look more younger and childish, and their voice was annoying. Only the OP song was better on the original

Graphics: Maybe
Voice: lol no.
Better looking Characters: Nope.
Jul 12, 2014 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
I don't like that transformation. :< overall is good i guess. Need to get used to Usagi's voice too. You can tell that her VA is getting old.. OP was pretty good too.
Jul 12, 2014 4:38 PM

Jan 2013
Damn we could be watching episode 2 right now if this stupid show wasnt biweekly for no reason other than to sell merchandise for an extra six months.
Jul 12, 2014 6:31 PM

Jul 2014
There are a couple of things I really liked about this ep, and a few I didn't but feel like they have a potential to right.

I loved the new theme song - not really the song itself, but the lyrics, which talk about how they are strong women and don't need a man. In the original manga, the Senshi are exceptional fighters, while in the first anime, they're always getting saved, whether it's by Tuxedo Mask, the Moonlight Knight (what even), the Outers, or the Starlights. And even if one of the Senshi manages to KO the opponent, Sailor Moon has to be reminded to do her part. Every. Single. Time. Which is a huge (and awful) difference from what the manga was trying to represent - independent female superheros saving the world.

I also liked that it wasn't as comedic as the original anime. I was recently watching Stars, and I felt like the comedic aspect was quite distracting at times, to the point where you couldn't take the Senshi seriously. Pointing out how clumsy Usagi is without exaggerating it is very similar to the manga, and so I have hope that the comedy it portrays (which I believe will start more earnestly next episode) will be less over the top.

Obviously I liked that it stayed true to the manga - almost word for word, in fact, if the translation is anything to go by. I also think Mamoru looks way better in this than the original, and if the other character designs are anything to go by than I'll probably be quite happy with it.

Like everybody else said, the transformation sequence was a little underwhelming. I feel like it'll be difficult to change it now that they've already premiered, but maybe the other Senshis' will make up for it? I'm not really optimistic though. I also felt that it was lacking a certain spark that I've come to expect with Sailor Moon, but there's definite promise for that to return in the later episodes. It wasn't a bad pilot, but I'm torn between my expectation for greatness and my sheer excitement that this is even happening.
"First of all: I am tired. I am true of heart!

And also: You are tired. You are true of heart!"
Jul 12, 2014 7:52 PM

Jun 2012
Damn so far this looks really promising and will live up to the past series.

Gonna have to get used to the CGI stuff i suppose though.
Jul 12, 2014 11:57 PM

Jul 2013
I've heard lots of people complain about the transformation but I thought it was really cool! XD

Since its a "reboot" its mainly just a prettier version, but I liked it a lot and will watch it all as it comes out.
Jul 13, 2014 1:25 AM

Dec 2013
I'm actually a bit disappointed :( the facial expressions are not funny, like in the old Sailor moon series...they are too stiff and emotionless! With that, it's missing some funny drama the old series has... On the other hand, the animations are pretty cool :) but that's not enough for me to watch this through!

Gonna watch the old series instead... ^^
Jul 13, 2014 5:44 AM

Jul 2007
Mimysse said:
I'm actually a bit disappointed :( the facial expressions are not funny, like in the old Sailor moon series...they are too stiff and emotionless! With that, it's missing some funny drama the old series has... On the other hand, the animations are pretty cool :) but that's not enough for me to watch this through!

This is not comedy and this won't be "funny"

Its far closer in tone to, let's say, Madoka, than it is to usual mahou shoujo bs.
Jul 13, 2014 7:02 AM

Dec 2009
Mimysse said:

Good choice. Have fun. ^_^
Jul 13, 2014 1:53 PM

Feb 2011
biweekly? Meeh, I'll wait until it's completed then.
Jul 13, 2014 10:12 PM

Dec 2007
I hate the CGi transformation scene. Everything else looks okay so far. I'll probably keep watching it just because it's Sailor Moon and hopefully enjoy it...
Jul 13, 2014 11:02 PM

May 2013
The animations look good for the most part. I liked Sailor Moon's transformation sequence in this version. As for the character designs, it will take some time to get use to them. I thought that the storytelling of this first episode was better than the first episode of the old series.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Jul 14, 2014 2:18 PM

Apr 2013
That episode left a bad aftertaste.
...now let's go and nail some original ones
Jul 14, 2014 3:03 PM
Jul 2014
Why, it's not bad. It is really OK, the only huge problem of the whole premise is: why do they do a remake of the original series? Why not something new? Remake Sailor Moon is doomed to lose against Sailor Moon TOS, if only because the one is the one we watched first and partially grew up with and, simply the real one. For that reason, in comparison with the old series Crystal has to cede victory in every point.

(Now for the nagging criticism, I apologise in advance)

Most importantly, am I the only one who cannot stand the new Mamoru? He is not annoying, but he is not Mamoru anymore. It was one of the great assets of the first season, that Mamoru was the big meany jerk who squabbled with Usagi in every episode, until by and by the animosity became romance. The sparks between them, the screwball quality. The new Mamoru so far seems even less interesting than the Supers' or Stars' one.
And, on the chance that I am wrong, I remember Tuxedo Mask's identity being a secret in the first season, and himself more of an ambivalent character - the jewel thief, who is not clear to be either enemy or ally of Sailor Moon.

The body proportions are quite unpleasant. Not that TOS would be perfect, but the legs are at impossible lengths now, and did Usagi's head shrink in comparison with her hair? And Mamoru looks like a magical girl heroine himself (which would be neat if the magical girl heroine had more...aesthetic? proportions)

What is up with the introduction of Usagi to her powers? Oh, magic, fight monster,ah done. THe fast pacing is certainly good and necessary (considering they are doing the same bloody thing over again), but a few seconds more might have made more of an impression.

I loved the original Sailor Moon for being funny. Sailor Moon first season probably is the best Magical Girl parody ever made, and it is hilarious. Throughout the first twenty episodes it was a as funny as any show could be, but still true to its characters, had emotional grip and got the message about the strong Sailor Senshi through. Tuxedo Kame always saving Sailor Moon in the last moment, and the necessity of anyone to tell her to do the final strike where running gags which I didn't favour much either, but it didn't really matter. The Sailor Senshi saved the world and died and everything.

Actually I won't complain about the voices. They are not the original ones (so they get second playe by default), but similar enough.

I do not Remeber Usagi's and Naru's moms (and the English teacher) to be that, eh... young and stylishly made up. Neither do I think Usagi used Lipgloss unless she disguised herself. Just complaining, just complaining...

Opening and Ending actually are quite good.

Couldn't they have given Umino a more grateful appearance (physical and character)? If he's a good guy, why didn't they serious him up a bit? (Why didn't they make him Tuxedo Mask - now that would have been surprise)

Fine, rant is officially over. I have to add that I never came far with the manga, so neither can I judge nor appreciate much how faithful Crystal might be to it. What I would have loved to see instead of another remake is how the Sailor Gang continues with their life. If it is supposed to appeal to an older audience, why not older characters? What will they do, how will their vies and characters and friendship change? Sailor Moon College would have been much more amazing than Crystal can be.
Jul 14, 2014 6:29 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!!

It's really similar to the first episode with minor differences.

First off, i do agree that the funny and laughable atmosphere is gone now and now we have a more serious tone which is great :)

I love how in the first TV series Usagi was thrown out of her home by her mother during the day, but here it's night time signifying that school is now over.

I love the body proportions and facials which match the original manga, but Usagi doesn't seem expressive here compared in the TV series. She no longer do those bubbly faces when someone makes fun of her and all.

Tuxedo Mask's voice is okay, but i really prefer Furuya, Toru voice. Maybe because i just finished Gundam 079 and Zeta Gundam last week, but he really grew with me in the TV series as well.

I love his arrogant voice in the TV series, especially when she said to Usagi to study more when he saw the scores of her exams.

Now it seems he doesn't have that arrogant attitude anymore, which is a shame really. Maybe Kenji Nojima will sound more arrogant in future episodes, but we will have to wait and see.

I love how the morning it was all happy and good, while at night it became dark as hell which adds to the maturity of the show.

The CGI transformation was actually pretty good!! Even though i wish they made it 2D like what Precure does and only do CGI when using a new attacks or so.

I know people will complained about the CGI transformations, but you'll get used to it like i did in Precure.

And why the hell didn't they used Moonlight Densetsu!?!

Momoi Clover Z just released their own version in the 20th Anniversary Album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-n-VFA0FAs

So why not use this on the new one as well??

I hope they put different music in each episodes since there's only 2 per month.

ED Music is amazing though!! Love the animation as they walk the stars!!

Overall fantastic episode!! I cannot wait for the next!! Still wish it had a PV though just to kill some of the waiting time T__T
Jul 14, 2014 7:06 PM

Jul 2009
I forgot about Luna's and Usagi's voice!!

Usagi's voice is still amazing!! Mitsuishi, Kotono still has what it takes to voice Usagi!!

I love how cheerful and happy she is just like she did the first series.

Luna's voice is good as well. Hirohashi, Ryou did a great job portraying her, but i just wish Megumi Han voiced Luna just because she's the daughter of Keiko Han who voice Luna in the TV series.

Similar to what they did with Lalah in Mobile Suit Gundam-san series where Megumi Han voiced Lalah instead of her mother.

Though she's already Cure Princess in Happiness Charge Precure, still it would have been an amazing homage to pass down her mother's role to her own daughter for the new generation ^^

Good stuff either way!
Jul 15, 2014 2:11 AM

Jul 2007
Fool_Gold said:
It is really OK, the only huge problem of the whole premise is: why do they do a remake of the original series? Why not something new? Remake Sailor Moon is doomed to lose against Sailor Moon TOS, if only because the one is the one we watched first and partially grew up with and, simply the real one.

For the same reason Fullmetal Alchemist was remade and for the same reason FSN is getting a remake - to make an actually faithful adaptation this time.

Most importantly, am I the only one who cannot stand the new Mamoru? He is not annoying, but he is not Mamoru anymore. It was one of the great assets of the first season, that Mamoru was the big meany jerk who squabbled with Usagi in every episode, until by and by the animosity became romance. The sparks between them, the screwball quality. The new Mamoru so far seems even less interesting than the Supers' or Stars' one.

He is not supposed to be annoying jerk since the whole amnesia bullshit was an anime-original storyline in the last one. He does have a bigger role than being a silly rose-throwing plot device this time though.

And, on the chance that I am wrong, I remember Tuxedo Mask's identity being a secret in the first season, and himself more of an ambivalent character - the jewel thief, who is not clear to be either enemy or ally of Sailor Moon.

That remains true, although to even bigger extent than in prvious one.

(considering they are doing the same bloody thing over again)

Its not the "same bloody thing". The differences in first episode already showcase that - there's no amnesia filler, Usagi has different personality, there's less comedy and it won't take ~10+ episodes to meet the other senshi either.

I loved the original Sailor Moon for being funny. Sailor Moon first season probably is the best Magical Girl parody ever made, and it is hilarious.

THen you will hate this one since the original material the previous version failed to adapt has more in common with the likes of Madoka Magica in terms of tone.

Throughout the first twenty episodes it was a as funny as any show could be, but still true to its characters, had emotional grip and got the message about the strong Sailor Senshi through.

YOu mean in the rare moments when they were not being saved, protected or portrayed as generic vain girls?

Tuxedo Kame always saving Sailor Moon in the last moment, and the necessity of anyone to tell her to do the final strike where running gags which I didn't favour much either, but it didn't really matter.

Yes it did. It was incredibly sexist and went against the very message the manga portrayed. The whole point is about what essentially is an all-female super-sentai team who can protect themselves and kill badguys in badass ways.
Jul 15, 2014 6:45 AM

Jan 2011
After this finishes I might finally have the motivation to start the manga.

SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
Damn we could be watching episode 2 right now if this stupid show wasnt biweekly for no reason other than to sell merchandise for an extra six months.

Damn we could be listening to you bitching about episode 2 by now, if only.
Jul 15, 2014 9:04 AM

Dec 2010
So do we know if this is only the Dark Kingdom arc? I doubt they'll adapt the later chapters of it in just one episode tbh.
Jul 15, 2014 3:03 PM

Jan 2011
amare135 said:
So do we know if this is only the Dark Kingdom arc? I doubt they'll adapt the later chapters of it in just one episode tbh.

Too early to tell. For now some people speculate (including me), that if the new adaptation follows the manga 1 ep = 1 act it will cover Dark Kingdom and Black Moon. On the other hand I've found some info, that the Studio is planning to add some new materials into SMC, that Naoko Takeuchi couldn't/didn't implement in her Manga. Besides that we got plenty more room for stories like "Codename: Sailor V" and others. Although I think it would be more fitting, to make these Specials or Movies. Still everything isn't officially confirmed yet, so we need to wait :)

Jul 15, 2014 11:09 PM

Jul 2007
Raff said:
amare135 said:

Too early to tell. For now some people speculate (including me), that if the new adaptation follows the manga 1 ep = 1 act it will cover Dark Kingdom and Black Moon. On the other hand I've found some info, that the Studio is planning to add some new materials into SMC, that Naoko Takeuchi couldn't/didn't implement in her Manga. Besides that we got plenty more room for stories like "Codename: Sailor V" and others. Although I think it would be more fitting, to make these Specials or Movies. Still everything isn't officially confirmed yet, so we need to wait :)

We already seen the new material - its the dream sequences - the studio simply said that they can foreshadow things before they happen better now since the whole manga is finished.
Jul 16, 2014 3:12 AM

Nov 2008
Sir_Lexa said:
thepath said:

Graphics: Maybe
Voice: lol no.
Better looking Characters: Nope.

Graphics: Yes
Voice: Sailor Moon's is the same voice actress.
Character design: Yes they are a lot more sleeker.

Sorry mate, but being critical for the sake of it (IE. being an anime hipster) is so yesterday. The old series art whilst very lovely is extremely outdated by today's standards. The old series is beautiful but not even arguably as refined as the new series.

The only thing you can really bitch about is the CGI being a bit shameless, but no one is trying to hide it. It is what it is and it's wonderful despite an objection some seem to have of the use of it.

I think Sailor Moon fans should be grateful they are doing an ENTIRE remake, not just going down the Dragonball Kai route. Humanity is so greedy.
AnistylezJul 16, 2014 3:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jul 18, 2014 12:55 AM

Dec 2009
Swiftstylez said:
I think Sailor Moon fans should be grateful they are doing an ENTIRE remake, not just going down the Dragonball Kai route. Humanity is so greedy.

You mean Toei is so greedy by not putting any effort or money on this one, just so they can get an amazing turn out when the merchandise will sale like hot cakes?

And lol @Anime hipster. I really really waited for this show, and after delay and delay, we got this half assed attempt. I think people have all the right to be disappointed.
Jul 18, 2014 1:21 AM

Jun 2009
Oh, come one......it's just one episode. Let that sink in and it's not like the original series had all that great a first episode either.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 18, 2014 3:39 AM

Jul 2007
Sir_Lexa said:
Swiftstylez said:

You mean Toei is so greedy by not putting any effort or money on this one, just so they can get an amazing turn out when the merchandise will sale like hot cakes?

And lol @Anime hipster. I really really waited for this show, and after delay and delay, we got this half assed attempt. I think people have all the right to be disappointed.

oh booho its not a xerox of the silly comedic previous version. how horrible~ Please continue raging.
Jul 18, 2014 10:29 AM

Dec 2009
Fai said:
Sir_Lexa said:

oh booho its not a xerox of the silly comedic previous version. how horrible~ Please continue raging.

Oh please, I am calm as hell. I sense someone else seems to be taking it quite hard when someone's not jizzing their pants of excitement of this adaptation.

I never said that I wanted a "xerox of the silly comedic previous version."
I just wish Toei would put some effort to this show I (and many people) have been waiting for a long time.
And not take a piss on the old fans, by changing every darn voice actor to save money.

You have a hard time respecting other peoples opinions?
Sir_LexaJul 18, 2014 10:38 AM
Jul 18, 2014 1:22 PM

Dec 2010
Sir_Lexa said:
Fai said:

Oh please, I am calm as hell. I sense someone else seems to be taking it quite hard when someone's not jizzing their pants of excitement of this adaptation.

I never said that I wanted a "xerox of the silly comedic previous version."
I just wish Toei would put some effort to this show I (and many people) have been waiting for a long time.
And not take a piss on the old fans, by changing every darn voice actor to save money.

You have a hard time respecting other peoples opinions?
Wait, so you first say you don't want a xerox of the silly comedic previous version and then go on saying you want the old VAs lol.
I would have prefered if they changed Usagis too because she isn't what she used to be (and so aren't the others).
Jul 18, 2014 3:01 PM

Dec 2009

Wait. Since when has wanting the same VA mean wanting the exact same show?
And just to repeat. I am not complaining about the story. I'm happy they adapt the manga. But I am complaining about Toei not giving a fuck about the show.

Anyways I'll drop out from this "Discussion" as it seems it's not going anywhere. I'll just avoid this anime discussion completely. Since this seems to be one of those "Don't you dare complain about this adaptation. And if you do, you're an anime hipster who only likes the old crappy series and wants to hate this lovely manga adaptation" discussion threads.
Sir_LexaJul 18, 2014 3:04 PM
Jul 19, 2014 11:06 AM

Nov 2011
i'm watching for the nostalgia factor, but i like it so far.
the opening is pretty catchy and upbeat
the character designs were well done, and closely follows the manga as you'd expect
can't really say about the plot since i haven't read the manga and it's only the 1st episode. because they're following the manga very closely it's unlikely they'll mess up
the voice acting seems fine to me, i don't see how it's annoying to some people.

above: the VA for Usagi is the same one from the previous seasons
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jul 19, 2014 11:15 AM

Jul 2012
>CGI transformation scene

I am kinda disappointed...
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 20, 2014 6:06 AM

Apr 2013
Orsonius said:
>CGI transformation scene

I am kinda disappointed...

^
Jul 20, 2014 11:08 AM

Jan 2014
Very happy with this first episode, and still loving how utterly failing-at-life Usagi is. I was originally not to pleased about the fact that the transformations wuld be CGI, but watching it again I think it's okay (it would just have been sooo much better hand-drawn).
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jul 21, 2014 10:33 AM

Nov 2012
Sailor moon was my first anine however I don't remember anything expect transformations. I was 4 years old?

Now I have following questions:
What the fuck did I just watch?
Should I continue?
Does sailor moon smoke weed?
Jul 21, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2011
Am I the only one who thinks that the main character's voice sounds too annoying? I'm trying hard to enjoy the show but the voice is just.. nope.
Jul 21, 2014 10:45 PM

Aug 2013
AHHHH the memories ♥ ♥ ♥
One of my fav shows of all time!
I EVEN CRIED OKAY. JASDBASBDAJSKDBASJD
I was nervous about this remake, but I like how nicely put together it is!
Looking forward to the next episode introducing Ami-chan! (Sailor Mercury!)
Jul 22, 2014 10:19 PM

Sep 2011
The transformation wasn't even that bad.

Its nice that they brought back Kotono Mitsuishi to voice Usagi, but man, its gonna take a bit to get used to. (shes gotten a lot older and it doesn't help that shes voicing for a high school girl) LOL

All in all, pretty good first episode. All them childhood memories just coming back~ *o*
Jul 29, 2014 1:51 AM

Jul 2008
Okay I'm pretty much in agreement, the CGI parts of this show (mainly the transformation) are bad. Number two, I'm really missing the original theme.

Other than that, its still Sailor Moon. Welcome back Usagi!!!

And also, I can't wait for MAKO~CHAN!!!!
Jul 29, 2014 1:52 AM

Jul 2008
appleribbon said:
Am I the only one who thinks that the main character's voice sounds too annoying? I'm trying hard to enjoy the show but the voice is just.. nope.

Nope, its the same actress from the previous show, she sound just like she did before.
Jul 29, 2014 11:11 AM

Jan 2008
Ignore the crappy cgi scenes... and I'm in Heaven ♥

Jul 29, 2014 5:54 PM

Mar 2009
I have to disagree with most. I thought it was a great start!

The character designs are a lot closer to the manga. The new voice actors were great. And I for one liked the CGI transformation, it reminds me of the current PreCures.

Definitely a lot closer to the manga story wise.

I can't wait for more. I hope it does well and they do the manga in it's entirety. Including the side stories. And it would be a bonus if they threw in the Sailor V stuff, maybe as an OVA.

10/10!

Urahara Out!!
Jul 31, 2014 7:26 AM

Feb 2014
I did not come here on the nostalgia train since I have zero prior knowledge of Sailor Moon. So reading all these comments feels like when you don't get a reference or an inside joke lol. But as someone new to the whole thing, I guess I liked the episode. It was fun and entertaining.
And Usagi's voice felt a little weird at times, but wasn't that bad considering the fact that the voice actress is nearing 50.
VhailorJul 31, 2014 7:42 AM
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.