Forum Settings
Forums

What would you do if you were drafted for war?

New
Apr 22, 2014 3:14 PM

Jan 2013
What would you do if you were drafted for a large world war against Russia or Eu or whatever. And the casualties on all sides are extremely high because both countries have advanced strong militaries so its equal power. Would you fight and likely die or would you find a way out?

I would fight because i would feel too terrible when its over that i cowered and didn't fight. Might as well die in glory i guess
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 22, 2014 3:16 PM
Dec 2013
Fight against the people that put me in this position.
Apr 22, 2014 3:18 PM

Mar 2014
I'd cry.

I'd try to dodge it by any means. No way I'd allow myself to be cannon fodder.

I'll push the button for a drone strike maybe, or deliver coffee to the general, but that's my limit
Apr 22, 2014 3:18 PM

Mar 2014
Already served so ain't got nutting to worry about.
Apr 22, 2014 3:19 PM

Nov 2013
flee the country. I definitely do not have the mental strength for a war. I've always had the thought process of what it takes for me to survive.

Sep 2013
If I resisted the draft I'd likely get shot on the spot, so I'd probably go with the flow and then desert and disappear on the first occasion.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.

Aug 2013
If it was a war to repel an invasion of my homeland then yeah I would fight but if it was a war to invade another country I wouldn't participate even if I was drafted. War is only honorable to me if you are protecting your country.
Apr 22, 2014 3:20 PM

Feb 2014
I would sneak out of the army into another country and became the new Osama bin Laden
Zero Suit Samus/ Meta Knight
M2k
DBZ
Apr 22, 2014 3:21 PM

Feb 2014
I would camp or just noobtube the opposition.

10th Prestige CoD Experience gives me a great advantage.
Apr 22, 2014 3:21 PM

Aug 2013
Run, probably.

I never want to kill anyone, or fight, or anything like that.
Apr 22, 2014 3:22 PM

Mar 2014
Shiratori99 said:
If I resisted the draft I'd likely get shot on the spot, so I'd probably go with the flow and then desert and disappear on the first occasion.

Are you American? The Army these days is too much of a pussy to go shooting draft dodgers, they'd just slap some jail time is all.
Apr 22, 2014 3:22 PM
Jan 2014
Either I would go insane during the war or I would just shoot myself a few hours before getting dragged into the army, I don't want to see dead people around me. I hate it.

War is no fun.
Apr 22, 2014 3:24 PM

Jan 2013
Most of you guys who think you would cower probably wouldn't. I think most people become desperate for survival once they hold a gun. But thats just a theory.

But i do like that everyone is saying no. Hopefully wars will stop as people see how pointless it is.
Apr 22, 2014 3:24 PM

Sep 2013
mclovinballz said:
Shiratori99 said:

Are you American? The Army these days is too much of a pussy to go shooting draft dodgers, they'd just slap some jail time is all.

I'm not. Anyway, when all hell breaks loose I doubt they'll bother with military trials for draft dodgers anymore.

Apr 22, 2014 3:28 PM

Sep 2011
Id rebel, im not going to kill someone because my faux government tells me to.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 2011
LadyRenly said:
I'd cry.

I'll push the button for a drone strike maybe, or deliver coffee to the general, but that's my limit

Don't be cannon fodder then! Score high on whatever test they use to guage where they want you

For me? I'd continue doing what I'm doing. . . forecasting the weather; pilots / drones can't fly without a solid forecast so good job security!

Faily safe job, depending what route you take :]

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Jan 2014
ibrahim2712 said:
Most of you guys who think you would cower probably wouldn't. I think most people become desperate for survival once they hold a gun. But thats just a theory.

But i do like that everyone is saying no. Hopefully wars will stop as people see how pointless it is.

Well I most likely would end up fighting and trying to survive at all costs but.. Is it really worth comming out alive if such violent war happened.. I don't think I could live with killing so many innocent lives who were thrown into this playground because of the shitty government decisions.

Sadly war will never stop. It's how humans evolve so it seems.
Apr 22, 2014 3:30 PM

Mar 2014
ibrahim2712 said:

I think you've seen too many war movies OP
Apr 22, 2014 3:31 PM

Feb 2014
War isn't all that bad it helps to advance technology rapidly. Its a competitive motivation.
Apr 22, 2014 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
Depends on the war. Should it be for idiotic reasons, as most wars seem to be in my opinion, then I'll likely leave the country. However if the cause is just, and worthy or necessary (my country gets invaded for example) then I would be more open to the draft.
Apr 22, 2014 3:32 PM

Feb 2013
mclovinballz said:
Already served so ain't got nutting to worry about.

This.

But depending on the circumstances, I'd probably go back anyway. Just so I can have Nicole accuse me of being a war-crazed, murderous, baby-killing, wedding-bombing criminal.
Apr 22, 2014 3:33 PM

Sep 2011
mclovinballz said:
ibrahim2712 said:

I think you've seen too many war movies OP

and killing innocents? That all changes when those innocents actively try and succeed in killing people you know - yeah it may be a playground for / by governments but when you're there it's a job

Any feelings of empathy for the enemy quickly dwindles when people you know no longer exist

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Apr 22, 2014 3:37 PM

Apr 2012
I would have served my country. I wouldn't really like it but what choice would I have. Speaking legally that is.
Apr 22, 2014 3:39 PM

Nov 2008
Dodge the draft, chances are said war isn't worth fighting for.

Apr 22, 2014 3:44 PM

Jan 2013
Depends on the war, what I'm being paid, positioning, if I'll be in the shit or training.

As to the gun thing OP not really true. Most trained soldier even hesitate to fire when being fired upon none the less.
Apr 22, 2014 3:44 PM

Nov 2011
Optimal scenario: helping in ways that don't involve joining the actual fight.

I'd like to do something to help the situation, but then again, I think that the statistics are against me on surviving the whole thing. Hence something that increases those odds.

And in the scenario in which the country I live in happens to be the attacking one? Unlikely, considering the neighboring countries and the fact that my country isn't part of a military union (read: can't really afford to join any because it would make our situation really tricky).
Apr 22, 2014 4:09 PM
Mar 2014
Some of the responses here are really immature...

If you are a E.U. national, you have a legal right to what is called "conscientious objection" (art. 10.2 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union).

/topic (except for those who live in the U.S.A. or Canada, no idea how things work there)
Apr 22, 2014 4:11 PM

Aug 2013
Assuming the draft is changed so that women can be drafted...probably still discounted for health reasons

But if not, I'd serve in a non-combat role

Conscientious objector
camilleanime said:
/topic (except for those who live in the U.S.A. or Canada, no idea how things work there)
In the US at least, you can still be drafted for a non-combat role
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Apr 22, 2014 4:12 PM

Sep 2013
camilleanime said:
Some of the responses here are really immature...

If you are a E.U. national, you have a legal right to what is called "conscientious objection" (art. 10.2 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union).

As I mentioned, once the real thing starts such laws are likely to be ignored. That's just how war works.

Apr 22, 2014 4:14 PM

Aug 2013
Shiratori99 said:
As I mentioned, once the real thing starts such laws are likely to be ignored. That's just how war works.
That is silly, the military will not waste a person by giving them a gun and then watching them sit and refuse to fight or train with it

It's a pointless waste of resources
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Apr 22, 2014 4:14 PM

Apr 2012
flee to canada!

Apr 22, 2014 4:16 PM

Sep 2013
Mogu-sama said:
Shiratori99 said:
That is silly, the military will not waste a person by giving them a gun and then watching them sit and refuse to fight or train with it

Of course not, they'd execute him in front of his comrades to show that everyone who refuses to fight or thinks of deserting is as good as dead already. That's what they have always done in serious wars until today.

Apr 22, 2014 4:17 PM

Jan 2013
Mogu-sama said:
Shiratori99 said:

Tell that to the Commisars of the USSR. You don't fight, you get shot. Simple as that.
Apr 22, 2014 4:19 PM

Mar 2014
RedArmyShogun said:
Mogu-sama said:
Shiratori99 said:

Tell that to the Commisars of the USSR. You don't fight, you get shot. Simple as that.

You're really making me want to watch the Stalingrad movie that was made in Russia.
Apr 22, 2014 4:21 PM

Aug 2013
I'm already denounced by the army so I'll never go back there. Oops.

If I had to? I'd desert for sure. It's not that I'm a pussy, but that I'd rather not throw away my life so easily and I like to pretend that I'm a pacifist.

Jan 2013
mclovinballz said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Mogu-sama said:
Shiratori99 said:

You're really making me want to watch the Stalingrad movie that was made in Russia.

Its a so so film from what I heard. Haven't seen it myself.

Apr 2012
mclovinballz said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Mogu-sama said:
Shiratori99 said:

don't because the movie is shit

Apr 22, 2014 4:22 PM

Feb 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
Mogu-sama said:
Shiratori99 said:

Always seemed like a waste of a bullet, if you ask me.
Apr 22, 2014 4:23 PM

Mar 2014
Zeally said:
mclovinballz said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Mogu-sama said:
Shiratori99 said:

don't because the movie is shit

Will I at least get a laugh out of it from Red Army pride propaganda?
Apr 22, 2014 4:26 PM

Sep 2013
NTAD said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Mogu-sama said:
Shiratori99 said:

Always seemed like a waste of a bullet, if you ask me.

Sounds like Khmer logic. Munition is scarce, so a machete will do.

Apr 22, 2014 4:26 PM

Jul 2012
LadyRenly said:

Pretty much this. I value my own life above pretty much anything so I don't want to put it at jeopardy like that.
Apr 22, 2014 4:30 PM

Mar 2014
Try to get drafted as a medic or a cook.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2014 4:31 PM
Mar 2013
I would shoot myself and then go home early, like a true hero

Jan 2013
mclovinballz said:

Will I at least get a laugh out of it from Red Army pride propaganda?

Unlikely. The movie was baddly scripted from what I gatherd. If you want to jab at propaganda Jackie Chans 1911, would be a good one.

Oct 2012
pay them to get some other guy into it and ask for a gun
RRRRRRRRRR

Feb 2014
Approximately go to war (in my pocket).
Apr 22, 2014 7:08 PM

Jan 2014
mclovinballz said:
Shiratori99 said:

Shooting deserters, maybe. I agree with McLovin that shooting draft dodgers isn't going to happen though. But why dodge the draft when you could just get out of it altogether by some other means? (Disqualification, conscientious objector, etc.)

In my case, though I am in the preferred age bracket for selective service, I won't be drafted. I've already been disqualified from serving, twice. Tried to join the Marines, and tried to join the Army National Guard a few years after that.

But if things got desperate enough, who knows, maybe they'd reconsider my disqualification.

Anyways, if I were drafted, I'd serve honorably and do my utmost to make it back in one piece. I would probably try to get medic for my MOS. Considering I aced the ASVAB back when I was trying to join the Marines, I think I'd have no problem. Or something language related. Linguistic talent runs in my family.
Apr 22, 2014 7:18 PM

Sep 2012
Fun Fact: Males were given the vote because of their requirement to serve their government. It was literally the price they had to pay: dedicate their lives to their country, and only then would they be able to vote for their country. Females were given the vote because they asked for it. And do not have to serve their country's military (males still do).

But male privilege, amirite?

OnT: Fight in the war I guess. What else does one do when drafted? I'd probably die. Or, since I most likely don't measure up to whatever military requirements there are, I'd be given some non-combat position. I guess that all depends on how desperate the situation is. With our technological advancement though, I don't really see another WW1 happening. It's not like wars are fought in trenches any more.
Apr 22, 2014 7:20 PM

Mar 2014
Jackrabb1t said:
mclovinballz said:
Shiratori99 said:

Shooting deserters, maybe. I agree with McLovin that shooting draft dodgers isn't going to happen though. But why dodge the draft when you could just get out of it altogether by some other means? (Disqualification, conscientious objector, etc.)

In my case, though I am in the preferred age bracket for selective service, I won't be drafted. I've already been disqualified from serving, twice. Tried to join the Marines, and tried to join the Army National Guard a few years after that.

But if things got desperate enough, who knows, maybe they'd reconsider my disqualification.

Anyways, if I were drafted, I'd serve honorably and do my utmost to make it back in one piece. I would probably try to get medic for my MOS. Considering I aced the ASVAB back when I was trying to join the Marines, I think I'd have no problem. Or something language related. Linguistic talent runs in my family.

The military still won't give a shit if you go AWOL. All the military does these days is put out a warrant without even attempting to find you. Even if you get caught, all you get is 30 days of jail time and then chaptered out. Hell, down at FT Benning, Drill Sergeant would give you directions if you want to go AWOL and tell you "See if I care".
Apr 22, 2014 7:26 PM

Jan 2014
mclovinballz said:
Jackrabb1t said:
mclovinballz said:
Shiratori99 said:

The military still won't give a shit if you go AWOL. All the military does these days is put out a warrant without even attempting to find you. Even if you get caught, all you get is 30 days of jail time and then chaptered out. Hell, down at FT Benning, Drill Sergeant would give you directions if you want to go AWOL and tell you "See if I care".
Yes, but technically a dishonorable discharge (and I assume a draft dodge) stays on your record and disqualifies you from certain things, like gun ownership, or other rights.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever put someone on the 'Ignored Users' list?

Thy-Veseveia - 1 hour ago

3 by Rhae »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts?

Freshell - May 5

35 by AdamBirch »»
56 minutes ago

» Why do Americans work

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

25 by Adnash »»
1 hour ago

» What is one thing your country is famous for that you wish it wasn't ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Mar 31, 2023

50 by MeanMrMusician »»
1 hour ago

» Do you celebrate your Birthday

ST63LTH - Today

21 by MeanMrMusician »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.